TORONTO CATHOLIC DISTRICT SCHOOL BOARD Employee Reviews in Canada

Fun experience
Summer Camp Counsellor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 6, 2016
A typical day at work would include supervising and children with the activities designed for them. Taking turns on lunch shift and looking after the children. Leading the children to the park and supervising during field trips. The most enjoyable part was interacting with the children.
New adventures everyday
Supply Educational Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 14, 2016
Fun, exciting, educational and rewarding. Meeting new and friendly people. Always in a new school working with different people. Learning new things on a daily basis.
Fun place to volunteer and practice the French language
Presenter (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 7, 2016
This job consisted of creating a group presentation with peers to persuade incoming elementary school students to attend St. Joseph's College School as well as to promote the schools amazing French Department. As a grade 12 student, I had been part of the Catholic High School program for four years. Throughout my years in high school, I have been given the opportunity to represent the French Department four times. The best part of this experience was creating a presentation based on the experiences of both me and my peers and being given the opportunity to share my positive experience with others. The most difficult part was overcoming the language barrier and attempting to speak and maintain the French language throughout the course of the presentation
Pros
Good community
Very productive
Toronto Catholic District School Board (Former Employee) –  North York, ONNovember 25, 2015
Although some days were not so busy, there was always something for me to do to keep myself busy. Great people, great environment, very friendly.
Pros
Great people, everyday I was meeting someone new.
Cons
Many tech difficulties
Fun and enjoyable place to work
Lunch Time Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 5, 2015
A typical day would be assisting the children with lunch and interacting with them in a fun and enjoyable way. I learned to resolve conflicts between students. The management is very helpful, my coworkers are all nice and helpful people. The hardest part of my job would be trying to get 200 kids in a line for recess without anyone getting hurt. The most enjoyable part are the children there and the stories they tell you, they make you feel like a child again I love interacting with them.
Pros
the children and staff
Cons
short hours
Teaching is a rewarding career and you have many memorable moments. In teaching you teach and learn at the same time. I
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 10, 2015
Teaching is very rewarding profession and fun at the same time. The teacher grows in knowledge, wisdom and love for humanity.

Teachers focus their attention on the students around them with a long term view of the future. We are fully aware that we are preparing the citizens of tomorrow.

We have the welfare of the individual student in mind with the desire to help the individual develop to his/her full potential to become a respectful, sentient and happy citizen.
Pros
The satisfaction of being able to help/contribute.
Cons
Long hours and at times draining.
STATED BELOW
Educational Assistant (Current Employee) –  TCDSBAugust 8, 2015
I enjoy all of the challenges that are presented to me. Everyday at work is different. I find best rewarding when I work with many different children and youth.
Pros
leaving early
Cons
not finishing all of the paperwork
Its fun place but challenging
Education Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 30, 2015
A typical day at work is different everyday , working in different school each day. It can be challenging but fulfilling. I learnt a lot of social skills , talking to different people and manage kids behaviour, which could be very bad and sometimes very rewarding in some ways.
I have dealt with many management, and I feel that management works with the establishment objectives and visions, which is always different from each other.
Co-workers, sometimes have no idea of who you are but you have conditioned your mind to work well with all regardless. Its fun meeting new people at work.
The hardest part of the work is when situation presents itself and you cannot act but to carryon as if its not part of the job description.
The most enjoyable ^part of the job it the fact that the times is workable for me and my kids. When my kids are in school, am at work but when they at home , am at home as well. So its good for me.
Pros
an hour lunch
Cons
N/A
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 18, 2015
Focus on Youth was a great company to work at during the summer. It was extremely fun because I got the opportunity of being an office administrator and at the same time, I spent time with the camp students.

At this job, I learned about the importance of team work and most importantly, how effective having patience is. The hardest part of the job was leaving the camp for the summer and saying bye to everyone there, including the staff members I created a great bond with.

A typical day at FOY, included: filing documents, making records and phone calls. Also, sometimes I would attend any one of the camps included in the program to take pictures and interact with the campers.
Pros
Long lunch break (One hour)
Cons
No pros
Personal Contacts are Very Important Here
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 10, 2014
I was grateful to the Toronto Catholic District School Board for giving me a job as a substitute teacher but I became very frustrated that it was so hard to get a contract position and I was very disappointed about the many stories of those who had less experience but they had personal contacts with the board who were hired to full-time permanent and unadvertised contract positions over those who had much more experience and qualifications. The union claimed there was nothing they could do.
Pros
many daily substitute assignments were available.
Cons
unfair hiring and a timid, cooperative union.
N/A
Disability Adjudicator: Benefits and Compensation (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 7, 2014
N/A

I learned a lot during my contracts that were extended first every few months, to every month, to every week and then for months at every day.

Learned a lot
lots of experiences and productive
Educational Resource Worker (Current Employee) –  Toronto - OntarioOctober 2, 2014
was the best place I got experiences and was my pleasure to work with this company
Pros
no free ;lunchs
Cons
no long hours
Productive, fun workplace
Camp Counselor (Volunteer) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 22, 2014
First part time summer job
It was fun.
Learned a lot
Enjoyed it
Not applicable
Child and Youth Worker (Former Employee) –  TorontoSeptember 8, 2014
Toronto Catholic District School Board was a great organization to work for. It was good to network with Principals, Teachers and staff. There is potential for growth within the organization.
A wonderful organization
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 28, 2014
The TCDSB is a wonderful organization. They provide many career choices and work locations.
great experience
Education Assistance / Child and Youth Worker (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 28, 2014
• Designed, organized and maintained merchandise displays
• Work with Store Manger to complete nightly closing procedures
• Accurately handled cash transactions
• Meet and greet customers upon arrival
Pros
great customers
Cons
Develop JEE application in advanced technological work environment
SOFTWARE DEVELOPER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 29, 2014
A typical day work to be
Developing JEE Application for clients
Cooperative and understanding management and
co- workers were amazing and made work a fun place
Pros
cooperative management
Personal Contacts are Important
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 26, 2014
The better the personal contacts you have who work with the Toronto Catholic Board the better your chances of advancement.
Pros
public school board.
Cons
too many relatives together.
Teachers and staff are all great to work with and pleasant atmosphere.
Caretaker (Current Employee) –  TorontoFebruary 10, 2014
Making sure that the school is clean and safe for studenst and staff. I learned to be more friendly and be a leader. The management are very respectful and well organized. My co-workers are fun to work with and work together as a team. In times when the job is rough I always manage to do it with help or with positive attitude. The most enjoyable part of my job is to be able to contribute to the learning and success of all the students in school.
good secure job