TORONTO CATHOLIC DISTRICT SCHOOL BOARD Employee Reviews

Nurturing Workplace
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 July 2017
Nurturing workplace, full of opportunity, fulfillment, excitement, challenge, good benefits, work/life balance, intrinsic and extrinsic motivation is good.
nice people
Systems Analyst ( Sharepoint ) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 June 2017
people are nice. They have good benefit and pension plan. safe and convenient working location. High job security but pay less. No much space to grow.
Amazing stepping stone to begin my career
EDUCATION80AL ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  80 Sheppard Ave East North York M2N 6E819 June 2017
Diverse, respect and peace in everyday work environment.

I've learnt how to work with many different students with a variety of different ,learning abilities.

Multicultural environment and everyone is respect and recognized.

The best part of the job is knowing you made a difference in a students life and assisted in their journeys.

Hardest part, knowing after everything you try, some kids just don't want the help.

Excellent benefits
Benefits
Cons
2 months off
Good environment
Event Coordinator/ Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 June 2017
I began at TCDSB as a teenager and quickly worked my way up. They were also very accommodating when I was accepted to a school out of town and allowed for me to work there on my summers off. It is a great job for students to get into the work force.
Head Secretary
Bishop Morocco - Head Secretary (Former Employee) –  Toronto19 May 2017
I have not worked with this board for over 25 years, I can not answer this review.

I basically worked with the principal who was opening a brand new high school. So my job was purchasing entire school inventory and have it all ready for Sept.

I started working in JAN. and the school was opened on time in Sep.
Good
Full time ESL Teacher (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 February 2017
Overall good working environment. Benefits and salary were good. Enjoyed working with the students. Many choices of schools from which to choose. All in all would recommend.
Pros
The children.
Cons
Bureaucracy.
Great school, great students, family
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON19 December 2016
A learning institution that cares about the students, teachers and staff to which I am proud to be a part of. I am confident that if this school continues to trend in the right direction, we will continue to help students grow academically and spiritually.
fun, engaging and inspirational
Serving as an Occasional Early Childhood Educator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 June 2016
I very much enjoy working for the TCDSB. Working with a team of individuals that manage, care for, and teach young children is very rewarding for me. I have learned how to communicate and resolve problems, taking in and understanding the perspectives of others, organizing and planning the classroom and daily activities, and the ability to work as a leader and also within a team.
Pros
day time hours
Fun experience
Summer Camp Counsellor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 May 2016
A typical day at work would include supervising and children with the activities designed for them. Taking turns on lunch shift and looking after the children. Leading the children to the park and supervising during field trips. The most enjoyable part was interacting with the children.
New adventures everyday
Supply Educational Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 January 2016
Fun, exciting, educational and rewarding. Meeting new and friendly people. Always in a new school working with different people. Learning new things on a daily basis.
Fun place to volunteer and practice the French language
Presenter (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 January 2016
This job consisted of creating a group presentation with peers to persuade incoming elementary school students to attend St. Joseph's College School as well as to promote the schools amazing French Department. As a grade 12 student, I had been part of the Catholic High School program for four years. Throughout my years in high school, I have been given the opportunity to represent the French Department four times. The best part of this experience was creating a presentation based on the experiences of both me and my peers and being given the opportunity to share my positive experience with others. The most difficult part was overcoming the language barrier and attempting to speak and maintain the French language throughout the course of the presentation
Pros
Good community
Very productive
Toronto Catholic District School Board (Former Employee) –  North York, ON25 November 2015
Although some days were not so busy, there was always something for me to do to keep myself busy. Great people, great environment, very friendly.
Pros
Great people, everyday I was meeting someone new.
Cons
Many tech difficulties
Fun and enjoyable place to work
Lunch Time Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 November 2015
A typical day would be assisting the children with lunch and interacting with them in a fun and enjoyable way. I learned to resolve conflicts between students. The management is very helpful, my coworkers are all nice and helpful people. The hardest part of my job would be trying to get 200 kids in a line for recess without anyone getting hurt. The most enjoyable part are the children there and the stories they tell you, they make you feel like a child again I love interacting with them.
Pros
the children and staff
Cons
short hours
Teaching is a rewarding career and you have many memorable moments. In teaching you teach and learn at the same time. I
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 September 2015
Teaching is very rewarding profession and fun at the same time. The teacher grows in knowledge, wisdom and love for humanity.

Teachers focus their attention on the students around them with a long term view of the future. We are fully aware that we are preparing the citizens of tomorrow.

We have the welfare of the individual student in mind with the desire to help the individual develop to his/her full potential to become a respectful, sentient and happy citizen.
Pros
The satisfaction of being able to help/contribute.
Cons
Long hours and at times draining.
Stated below
Educational Assistant (Current Employee) –  TCDSB8 August 2015
I enjoy all of the challenges that are presented to me. Everyday at work is different. I find best rewarding when I work with many different children and youth.
Pros
leaving early
Cons
not finishing all of the paperwork
Its fun place but challenging
Education Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 July 2015
A typical day at work is different everyday , working in different school each day. It can be challenging but fulfilling. I learnt a lot of social skills , talking to different people and manage kids behaviour, which could be very bad and sometimes very rewarding in some ways.
I have dealt with many management, and I feel that management works with the establishment objectives and visions, which is always different from each other.
Co-workers, sometimes have no idea of who you are but you have conditioned your mind to work well with all regardless. Its fun meeting new people at work.
The hardest part of the work is when situation presents itself and you cannot act but to carryon as if its not part of the job description.
The most enjoyable ^part of the job it the fact that the times is workable for me and my kids. When my kids are in school, am at work but when they at home , am at home as well. So its good for me.
Pros
an hour lunch
Cons
N/a
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 June 2015
Focus on Youth was a great company to work at during the summer. It was extremely fun because I got the opportunity of being an office administrator and at the same time, I spent time with the camp students.

At this job, I learned about the importance of team work and most importantly, how effective having patience is. The hardest part of the job was leaving the camp for the summer and saying bye to everyone there, including the staff members I created a great bond with.

A typical day at FOY, included: filing documents, making records and phone calls. Also, sometimes I would attend any one of the camps included in the program to take pictures and interact with the campers.
Pros
Long lunch break (One hour)
Cons
No pros
Personal Contacts are Very Important Here
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 December 2014
I was grateful to the Toronto Catholic District School Board for giving me a job as a substitute teacher but I became very frustrated that it was so hard to get a contract position and I was very disappointed about the many stories of those who had less experience but they had personal contacts with the board who were hired to full-time permanent and unadvertised contract positions over those who had much more experience and qualifications. The union claimed there was nothing they could do.
Pros
Many daily substitute assignments were available.
Cons
Unfair hiring and a timid, cooperative union.
N/a
Disability Adjudicator: Benefits and Compensation (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 November 2014
N/A

I learned a lot during my contracts that were extended first every few months, to every month, to every week and then for months at every day.

Learned a lot
lots of experiences and productive
Educational Resource Worker (Current Employee) –  Toronto - Ontario2 October 2014
was the best place I got experiences and was my pleasure to work with this company
Pros
no free ;lunchs
Cons
no long hours