We are currently recruiting for a qualified Sales Engineer with a true hunter mentality and industry-related experience with Fiber Optic products and accessories. This is a field sales position based out of our head office in Toronto.
The Sales Engineer, FO Solutions is responsible for selling an assigned portfolio of products both to established accounts and opening new accounts. Manages the sales and customer relationship process to meet assigned financial objectives, including achievement of monthly and annual product sales quotas. We offer a competitive base salary (based on experience), commissions and bonuses. We also offer a company laptop and paid travel expenses. Travel and car required.
- Manages the complete sales cycle, from generating sales leads, coordinating sales activities and required resources for solution development, negotiating and closing. Assesses key decision-makers’ needs and develops a plan of action to meet customer needs with Toronics’ products and services. Manages the on-going account relationships. Maintains account presence by providing value-added services and maintaining professional relationships with key customer personnel. Understands customer’s business, technology and product requirements and appropriately matches Toronics’ solutions to meet customer needs. Demonstrates significant expertise in assigned product lines and ability to explain technical issues. Favorably influences product selection in targeted accounts with appropriate sales messaging. Has a broad knowledge of the entire product line. Engages appropriate internal resources to support sales pursuits.
- Assesses market opportunities and develops business plans in coordination with management to meet revenue objectives. Conducts territory analysis and planning to enable appropriate allocation of time to accounts and customers.
- Performs revenue and demand forecasting, account planning, project planning and other related sales administrative tasks to grow assigned business profitability. Provides information and reports, as required, to inform management of sales progress and success.
- Participates in trade shows, as assigned, to promote company products and to develop leads.
- Bachelor’s Degree, technical/engineering discipline preferred.
- At least three (3) years related sales experience.
- Work experience in the wireless industry or related experience with fiber optics.
- Superior professional presence and business acumen.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills enabling teamwork and clear communication.
- Competent in using computer applications.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
- An established book of business or prior relationships within the Canadian telecommunications market would be an asset.
Desired Technical Experience:
- Fusion Splicers
- Test and Measurement Equipment (OTDR)
- Fiber Optic Cables and Network Solutions (FTTx)
- Duct Cabling
- Passive Fiber Optic Networking
To apply, please respond with your cover letter and resume.
Indeed - 16 months ago