Maintenance Electrician/Millwright (Finch Ave/ Hwy 27)
The Maintenance Electrician and/or Millwright are accountable for mechanical and electrical repairs including corrective, preventative/predictive programs for all plant equipments and building facilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide maintenance repairs in all mechanical process and electrical process controls, troubleshooting all plant equipment and building facilities to ensure safety, quality, and production and maintenance requirements are achieved.
- Follow all predictive/preventive maintenance programs by using CMMS 7i system, Work Orders Request, SOP's and GMP's Standards and assist to develop new processes as required.
- Assisting in planning the installation and removal of equipment and performs start-up and run-in commissioning process and shutdown activities for the plant facility.
- Maintain regular contact with Production Management Team as well as Vendors and Contractors.
- Safety training in Lock out/Tag out, WHMIS, Hot Work, Confined Space, Working at Heights, Machine Guarding and CSA Z462 or NFPA 70E - Electrical Safety in the workplace.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Responsible for maintenance and repairs of all electrical processes, as well as Electrical and Infra-red Inspections, MCC Room, Electrical Transformers and PLC/HMI (Allen Bradley, Siemens, Panasonic, Omron, etc) and assist mechanic on small mechanical process, as pneumatic and hydraulic controls.
- Keep the Electrical Logbook updated to meet ESA Standards and Requirements.
- Fully involved in the Plant Shutdown process including planning and execution of overhaul equipments to improve reliability.
- Troubleshoot Plant Equipment and building facilities to ensure food, safety, quality and maintenance requirements are achieved.
- Assist in the planning and execution of new installation and removal of equipments. Perform start-ups and run-in commissioning process.
- Provide continuous improvement and cost saving ideas to improve overhaul equipment performance (OEE).
- Troubleshoot and repair gearbox, vacuum pump, electrical & hydraulic motor, blower, roaster, grinder, bucket elevator, conveyor, packaging equipment, Unit Heater and HVAC system.
- Check and calibrate process controls and maintain records to meet GMP and BRC standards.
- Minimum 5 years of electrical experience in maintenance field. Food and Beverage experience is an asset.
- Must pass company administered skilled competencies tests
- Must have valid forklift license, including high reach and /or walkie, as appropriate.
- Experience with welding, fabrication, and cutting; knowledge of building codes and structure codes are essential.
- Knowledge of health and safety practices and food safety procedures.
- Must have a valid Ontario Industrial Electrician license 442A, including certificate of apprenticeship.
- Proficient in the use of computer technology including standard software programs such as Microsoft Word, and Excel.
- Must be able to quickly and efficiently learn new systems and software to automate and analyze information.
- Frequent lifting and bending are required. May lift 30 to 50 lbs on frequent basis.
- Sitting, walking and standing for long periods of time on production floor environment.
- Must be able to work in a hot environment (temperatures between 10-35°C):
*This is a food manufacturing facility with strong food aromas and will need to wear personal protective equipment as there will be exposure to noise, heat and machinery with moving parts.
Location: Toronto ON
SHIFT: 1st, 2nd & 3rd Shifts. Candidate must be willing to work rotating shifts (shift premiums for 2nd & 3rd shift)
Location: Finch Ave/ Hwy 27
Compensation: $29.50 - $32.50
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.
Indeed - 9 months ago