Location: Vaughan (Jane & Langstaff)
Salary: Based on experience
Reporting to the Warehouse Manager, the Warehouse Team Leader will be responsible to oversee a team of associates. Ensure the smooth operation of all warehouse activities including shipping, receiving, order picking, and returns processing. Balancing of labour to meet and exceed department goals. Effectively and efficiently service our customers both internally and externally. Support and maintain safety policies. Enforce and maintain all company standards and operating policies.
- Oversee all warehouse associates
- Work harmoniously with internal and external customers
- Organize priorities throughout the work day
- Work towards achieving and surpassing departmental goals
- Continually review team performance, monitor workload and make changes as required
- Review warehouse consumables on a weekly basis and arrange replenishment as required.
- Ensures efficient and safe use of lift equipment while maintaining appropriate records
- Monitor, adhere to and communicate departmental metrics
- Leads safety initiatives and participates on the J.H.S.C.
- Responsible for orientation and training for new employees and temporary associates
- Ensures that all warehouse associates adhere to company policies and conduct themselves in a professional manner at all times.
- Administrative duties include departmental reporting, payroll maintenance, data entry and special projects
- Review daily reports to efficiently schedule priorities and balance workload
- Schedule labour requirement based on daily and forecasted workload
- Acts as a constant communication link between management and employees.
- Ensures all third party ASNs are processed on time
- Responsible for all daily communications with logistical service providers
- Responsible for the physical cycle count activity on a daily basis
- Daily printing, prioritizing and organizing of work orders
- As required, work “hands on” with any department requiring assistance to meet or exceed customer expectation
- Respond to all queries from warehouse associates in a timely manner and escalate any concerns not in scope of Team Leader to the Warehouse Manager in a timely manner
- Enforces departmental cleaning schedule
- Maintain clear, accurate and concise documentation of work as required
- Occasional overtime will be required
- Minimum of five years of experience working in a distribution centre
- Minimum of three years’ experience in a leadership role
- Must have experience with RF scan gun technology
- Must be proficient with programs such as Outlook, Lotus Notes, Excel
- Experience with Dataworks would be considered an asset
- Experience with PKMS would be considered an asset
- Completion of University degree is preferred
- Logistics designation (CPIM, CSCP, PLog.,) is preferred
- Previous experience with Lean methodology, 5S and kaizen events would be an asset
- Completion of Health and Safety Level 1 and 2 certifications would be considered an asset.
If this position is of interest, please forward a copy of your resume in Word format and your Salary Expectation.
Indeed - 9 months ago