Topic Affectz is a online site that caters to the needs of the general public by way of entertainment, gossip, trends in fashion as well as new music and up and coming artists. Our main perspective is always to push our Canadian talents in the industries further in the media and in the views of the general demographic. Currently we are looking to totally revamp the site and our looking for a Graphic Design Intern that can work with us at this time and can potentially lead to a position within the company. What we are looking for;
- Create designs, concepts, and sample layouts based on knowledge of layout principles
and esthetic design concepts.
- Determine size and arrangement of illustrative material and copy, and select style and
size of type. Use computer software to generate new images.
- Print charts, graphs, illustrations, and other artwork, using computer software Mark up,
paste, and assemble final layouts to prepare layouts for printer.
- Review final layouts and suggest improvements as needed. Confer with digital media
team to discuss and determine layout design.
- Develop graphics and layouts for product illustrations, company logos, and Internet
websites. Prepare illustrations or rough sketches of material, discussing them with the
media team and/or supervisors and making necessary changes.
- Study illustrations and photographs to plan presentation of materials, products, or
- Photograph layouts, using camera, to make layout prints for supervisors or clients.
- Produce still and animated graphics for on-air and taped portions of television news
broadcasts, using electronic video equipment.
- Thinking Creatively -- Developing, designing, or creating new applications, ideas,
relationships, systems, or products, including artistic contributions.
- Interacting With Computers -- Using computers and computer systems (including
hardware and software) to program, write software, set up functions, enter data, or process information.
- Getting Information -- Observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources.
- Making Decisions and Solving Problems -- Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Updating and Using Relevant Knowledge -- Keeping up-to-date technically and applying new knowledge to your job.
- Establishing and Maintaining Interpersonal Relationships -- Developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintaining them over time
- Communicating with Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates -- Providing information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person
- Organizing, Planning, and Prioritizing Work -- Developing specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
- Computers and Electronics -- Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming
- .English Language -- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Communications and Media -- Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods. This includes alternative ways to inform and entertain via written, oral, and visual media.
- Design -- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Customer and Personal Service -- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Sales and Marketing -- Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting,
and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product
demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
- Fine Arts -- Knowledge of the theory and techniques required to compose, produce, and
perform works of music, dance, visual arts, drama, and sculpture.
If you suit the needs for this position please forward your resume cover letter and a link to any work you have published already online. Thank you
Indeed - 30+ days ago