Top Hat Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Hard working Managers, Hard to find Help
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Mayville, NDJuly 9, 2015
Pros: Tips + Hourly Wage, Special Events, College Atmosphere, Sports Events
Cons: Hard to Find Good Help
I would like to give the Top Hat a 5 star rating but there is an issue with finding good help. This may be an issue with the policies initiated with new employee's. Being in a college town the Top Hat thrives off of the school year and the new employee's it brings. That being said, the new employee's tend to not care about the job as much as they should. They look at it as a way to get by, beer money for parties or whatever else they want to waste money on. This is the only gripe that I have about the Top Hat. The CEO Troy Forsgren and the Manager Kathy Karlstad are top notch, demand hard working individuals and are willing to get involved to get a job done. I would recommend this establishment to anyone looking to be a bartender or are comfortable in a small town atmosphere.
Good Bosses
Driver (Former Employee), Joliet, ILDecember 19, 2013
Mainly i worked as a sub contractor at the room place and delivered furniture.
Productive, friendly, accepting
Cashier (Former Employee), Kirkland, WANovember 23, 2013
Volunteering my time to work here was an amazing experience. I had fun always had a great time working it wasn't bland and depressing.
Unorganized Work System
Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee), South Bend, INOctober 3, 2013
Pros: it was up to you how earlier of how late you got off
Cons: no benefits or job security
I came into this company at the time of new management and found them to be very unorganized. There was minimal job security and no benefits. With this job your an independent contractor but because of this there where alot of problems with getting paid and not only that getting paid for what you worked for which caused alot of confusion among the works and the new manager.
Fun and imaginative atmosphere.
Assitant to a real Magician. (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKAugust 29, 2013
Pros: learning magic tricks.
Cons: no benefits
Good Place to work.. Learned about theater make-up. Showing simple magic tricks to young children. Hardest part was learning and remembering the magic tricks.
Hard place to work.
Manager (Former Employee), Durham, ENGJuly 31, 2013
Pros: the anount of experience i gained through working there.
Cons: very long working hours.
My typical day at work included checking stick levels were up to what they should be, making sure we had the appropiate staff levels, checking tils to make sure the floats were correct, doing basic health and safety checks around the pub to ensure safety of customers. The worst part of the of job was the lack of recognition for the amount of work I did on a daily basis. The best part of my job at the Top Hat was watching the customers come in and enjoy themselves and regularly being told what a good night out it was.
Top Hat
Hairdresseer assistant (Former Employee), maidenheadJanuary 30, 2013
Pros: long lunch breaks
Cons: long hours
i loved doing my work experience at Top Hat. it was a great enviroment to work in mainly because of the atmosphere between the customers and staff.
A typical day at Top hat was making the coffees in the morning opening up the shop, greeting customers staying on my feet at all times keeping busy sweep the floors and wash clients hair. my co-workers were supportive and i learned alot from observing them at their role in the shop.
i gained customer service skills and learnt organisation skills and now have a more effiencent work ethnic to my attitude. i also learnt alot about my self i am motivated and want to get my job done to the highest standard , im extremely work driven. The hardest part of the job for me was when i didnt have anything to do and felt as if i should be doing something productive. however the most enjoyable i time at Tophat was interacting with the customers and building a mutual relationship.
Warning: New Company
Fine Jewelry Buyer (Current Employee), Skokie, ILOctober 18, 2012
Pros: good pay and benefits
Cons: job stability
This company was a fun place to work most of the time, however, they have had at least two major layoffs company wide in the few short years that I was with them resulting in about 100 layoffs or terminations in total. They also make quick rash decisions with little consideration of how it effects their business partners and employees.
It was alright
Waitress, part-time (Former Employee), Missoula, MTSeptember 12, 2012
If you want to hang out at a bar and a bunch of drunk people all the time, this was a fun job. In a honky tonk that had live music 6 days a week. But it gets old fast.