Our company, Top Hat Monocle, specializes in selling a unique classroom response tool that allows professors and instructors to enhance and engage student participation within large classrooms. Founded in 2009, Top Hat Monocle is already recognized as a leader in pedagogical innovation, with over 70 universities throughout North America using our tool, monocleCAT, in their classrooms.
We are currently looking for an Assistant-Controller / Generalist to support the growth of the company.
Responsible for all human resource activities for the company. Provide advice, assistance and follow-up on company policies, procedures, and documentation. Coordinate the resolution of specific policy-related and procedural problems and inquiries. Support finance functions and reporting.
1. Responsible for all human resource activities to include employment, compensation, labor relations, and benefits
2. Prepare, process and distribute payroll.
3. Design and conduct new employee orientations.
4. Administer and explain benefits to employees, serve as liaison between employees and insurance carriers.
5. Recommend, develop and schedule training and development courses.
6. Provide advice, assistance and follow-up on company policies, procedures, and documentation.
7. Coordinate the resolution of specific policy-related and procedural problems and inquiries.
8. Recommend, develop and maintain human resource data bases, computer software systems, and manual filing systems.
9. Develop and recommend operating policy and procedural improvements.
10. Other duties as assigned.
1. Perform specific research/investigation into operational issues, as requested.
2. Produce semi-monthly/monthly financial, commission & ad-hocs reports for CFO
3. Acting General Manager for cost / expense management of Head Office
4. Support travel arrangement booking
5. Handle shipping of product to bookstores
6. Support accounts payable and accounts receivable
7. Data entry and bookkeeping
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
1. Basic reading, writing, and arithmetic skills required. This is normally acquired through a high school diploma or equivalent.
2. Knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines. Knowledge of federal and state employment and benefit laws. Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to analyze data and provide recommendations.
3. Visibility requires maintaining a professional appearance and providing a positive company image to the public.
4. Preferably having a business degree with focus on operations management; good to have but not required “on track for MBA degree”
5. Individual selected will have a desire to move into a controllership role
Working conditions are normal for an office environment.
EXPECTED SALARY RANGE - 45k to 50k