Top Drawer Creative is an ad agency with a unique specialization. We focus on a specific consumer psychographic segment called AHAA (Active, Healthy, Affluent, Aware) and the brands that target this group. We offer a unique holistic services approach when it comes to reaching this target. We are not for everyone and we may not be for you. If you are interested in helping people live healthier, more sustainably, more consciously and more adventurously, we may be the perfect place to work.
Our vibe is down to earth and fun - yet results focused. We have a great workspace in the heart of Toronto's Beach community that inspires a unique and appealing culture. We are currently seeking an experienced Communications Director with strong Social Media and Public Relations experience.
The Communications Director will provide strategy and execution on client campaigns using PR, social media, event, and content outreach. They will develop creative, proven ways to tell stories on clients’ social media channels, websites, blogs, or other web and print properties, using with authenticity and appropriate voice. A large focus will be the production and maintenance of content for use across campaigns (internal & external) including researching, aggregating, writing, assigning, editing and posting articles, releases and copy for web and print properties as well as video, audio and other rich media.
They will manage and foster growth in online communities by seeding and participating in online conversations as a component of client social media strategies and identifying influencers and conducting influencer outreach (groups & individuals).
- Track online trends and measure progress/success of client campaigns using social media monitoring software, Google Analytics and other measurement tools.
- Create timely and engaging content optimized for platform used and intended audience (including rich media).
- Assist in the development of proprietary internal processes relating to social media, content creation and PR and event systems and protocol.
- Support the promotion of the agency (internal campaigns) through social media, PR, events and content outreach.
- Work with the Account department to create a social media strategy that collaborates with marketing, PR and advertising campaigns for clients.
- Assist in the growth and development of the agency’s social media marketing, PR, events and online content strategies business unit.
- Contribute to a collaborative agency environment, spanning multiple disciplines (creative, PR, digital strategy, media and video/photo production).
- Contribute to the overall culture of the agency in a positive way through professional work ethic, fun attitude and integrity.
- Minimum 5 years of experience managing social media platforms or communities for brands in addition to Public Relations
- Undergraduate degree in communications, marketing, advertising, public relations, media studies, business and/or related fields.
- Creative and self-starting individual with excellent interpersonal written and verbal communication skills.
- Precise attention to detail is a MUST.
- Well-developed strategic, organizational and conceptual development skills and ability to follow through and complete multiple tasks and goals.
- Excellent media relations and event execution skills, budget management, idea generation and image building a necessity.
- Agency background a plus.
- Leadership characteristics in order to build an integrated PR and SM practice supported by other agency departments
- Recruit staff and freelance community managers, bloggers and content creators
- Prospect and pitch new business
- High level client SM and PR strategy for new and existing clients
- Requires sound decision-making skills in every area, from prioritization of tasks to the subtle nuances of media relations to internal relations with creative, account and sales management.
- This position requires an individual with strong diplomatic skills, a level-headed approach and the ability to make decisions that will benefit the agencies overall image.
Please send your cover letter and resume to careers@topdrawercreative. com with Communications Director in the subject line. We thank everyone for applying, however, only those candidates who have been selected will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Visit www.topdrawercreative.com to learn more about Top Drawer Creative Inc.
We thank you for your interest in Top Drawer Creative.
Indeed - 15 months ago
Top Drawer Creative is an ad agency with a unique specialization. We focus on a specific consumer psychographic segment called AHAA (Active,...