_As Flow Loop/Manufacturing Test Lab Supervisor, you will be responsible for supervision of test lab personnel and all operational aspects related to the running of the test lab. Other duties include the validation and continuous conformance testing of new and existing products. You will also participate in developing new products and improvements to existing product lines.
Excellent organizational and communication skills are essential. Flexibility and creativity will be required to develop innovative solutions and deal with the fast paced environment and ever changing needs._
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervising test lab personnel
- Ensuring test lab maintenance is performed on a regular basis
- Recommending and sourcing new test equipment
- Testing production tools for API / Top-Co compliance
- R&D and Prototype testing
- Assist with the preparation of reports and other technical documentation
- Failure and root cause analysis of tested products
- Design of test fixtures and test equipment
- Participate in product design reviews
- Work with manufacturing and quality control to revise products to improve productivity
- Any other duties as determined by the Director of Engineering
- Technical diploma as a Mechanical Engineering Technologist or Mechanical Engineer
- 3 to 6 years of experience in a test lab or manufacturing environment
- Experience with equipment manufacture and qualification testing.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills within a team environment
- Ability to work efficiently on multiple projects
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Knowledge of Solid Works will be considered an asset.
- Background in mechanism design
- Exposure in a test lab environment and supervisory experience will be considered an asset