With more than 60 years of experience and three manufacturing facilities in North America, our client is an industry leader providing engineered solutions using textile related products to many critical and demanding markets.
We are currently recruiting for a TEXTILE SUPERVISOR (AFTERNOON SHIFT) to join our Hamilton Manufacturing facility.
Afternoon Shift Hours: Monday – Thursday, 4:15pm – 2:15am (10 hour shifts)
Reporting to the Plant Manager, you will be responsible for the daily supervision of afternoon shift sewing lines, Cutting Room, and welding departments, as well as maintaining product quality and on-time delivery objectives.
Mandatory Skill Requirements:
- Must have experience in apparel or textiles (i.e. industrial or commercial products using various types of vinyl and coated materials, and/or leather or fabric used primarily in seating applications)
- Must have previous experience with measurements and be able to convert between metric and imperial systems
- Must be able to read, interpret and challenge customer supplied and internally produced drawings
- Must have knowledge of patterns and markers
- Must be able to train new hires and cross train existing employees
- Must be able to performance manage employees, as required
- Must have previous experience in accident and injury prevention and be able to contribute to our safety milestones and initiatives
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize tasks with competing deadlines
- Must be well organized and be able to demonstrate a high degree of accuracy in all tasks
- Must be able to recommend and implement new and improved methods to reduce costs and improve efficiencies
- Ability to use Microsoft Word for documentation purposes including standard operating procedures and work instructions
- Ability to use Microsoft Excel for data entry, analysis, and graphing results
- Previous experience in production planning or scheduling
- Previous experience in LEAN manufacturing, Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) and visual management
- Previous experience or knowledge of RF welding (machine operation or setup)
- Previous working experience in an AS9100 or ISO9001 environment
Education and Work History:
- College diploma in a technical related field and/or 3 to 5 years of industry experience