Summary of Position: Salary Range $26-31k. 1 yr Contract
The Logistics Coordinator is responsible for assisting the Logistics Supervisor with the Transportation Requirements of or client This can include Customs Documentation, Bill of Lading Preparation, Declarations for Fish and Wildelife and tracking and tracing shipments.
- Ensure documentation is accurately processed, distributed and released to carrier, forwarders, customers and agents in a timely manner.
- Prepare all necessary data entry and confirmation of key milestones (departure, arrival, customs clearance, PODs, etc.) as specified by Customer Standard Operating Procedures.
- Deal with imports and exports shipped to and from the company; work with customs officials to ensure compliance
- Track and trace inbound freight working with customs broker as well as trace missing courier shipments on outbound freight.
- 2-4 years of business experience, preferably in a warehouse environment
- Post-Secondary Degree/Diploma
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Supply Chain Certification of some type an asset
- Working knowledge of Global export requirements
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good financial and business awareness.
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong knowledge of ERP systems, as well as Microsoft Office products.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted for follow up.