Junior Chemical Process Engineer
Tonmoor International Inc.
Location: Surrey, BC
Posted: February 26, 2014
Type: Full Time
Salary Range: Negotiable
Number of Jobs: 1
Tonmoor International Inc. provides client-focused solutions in planning, implementing, maintaining process plants and facilities within the Oil & Gas industry. We provide reliable quality service to our clients. We value Health, safety and environmental excellence in all our services. Within our positive team environment, our employees enjoy great career advancement opportunities and the chance to work on a variety of projects including Gas Handling Facilities, Petroleum Refineries, LPG Storage and Dispensing Terminals and CNG Storage Facilities Small Scale LNG Plants and Small Scale GTL Facilities. We provide career opportunities as unique as you are. We recognize that the key to our success is our employee. At the end of the day, it is them who determine our future and our reputation. As a progressive and expanding firm we continue to develop and nurture our reputation as a great place to work.
Our Firm is One Team providing Infinite Opportunities. We provide opportunities for growth and self-development of our employees. We select people who share our values, beliefs and commitment to this vision and who demonstrate the expected behaviors, competencies and performance associated with their prospective roles within our company.
We are currently looking to fill a Junior Chemical Process Engineer Position within our Firm located in Surrey, BC.
- Review and confirm engineering deliverables are complete, technically accurate, and in compliance with applicable codes, standards, and specifications.
- Produce engineering Proposals, cost estimates, schedules, and other documentation to support project development. Provide design advice and support to designers and AutoCAD operators.
- Understand and implement all relevant systems, standards, practices, and procedures required by the project.
- Performs process design detailed calculations, such as heat & mass balance line sizing, hydraulic/pump sizing, relief valve calculation and flare sizing, material selections and plant classifications.
- Develop process flow diagrams (PFDs) and piping and instrumentation diagrams (P&IDs).
- Prepares equipment data sheets instrument data sheets and lists.
- Assists in process narrative and process control shut down keys development.
- Performs process simulation on HYSYS.
- Assists other engineers in preparing conceptual project designs, reports, and proposals for process systems, and equipment.
- Review designs and calculations on vendor supplied equipment to ensure compliance with specifications.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Chemical/Process)
- 0-3 years of process engineering experience
- Preference will be given to individual with relevant Oil and Gas experience
- Proven effective report writing skills in English
- Excellent verbal communication skills, the ability to work with staff at all levels, and a willingness to support the company’s ongoing projects which often include innovative designs and approaches.
No Phone Calls.