TOMS Shoes Employee Reviews

Relaxed environment with big impact
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Portland, OR25 September 2017
There wasn't much room for growth in the retail stores, but it was very relaxed and it is nice to know that your work has a great and global impact. The company changes a lot (pro or con based on your work style)
Relaxed Environment. Great Teamwork.
Barista/Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA5 September 2017
Everything is about teamwork at TOMS. We are encouraged to all do well together. I enjoyed being a part of the family and working in such an easy-going environment.
Pros
Free coffee and tea drinks.
Cons
Low Pay. Minimal Advancement
Poor Management, lack of direction and vision
Other (Current Employee) –  HQ29 August 2017
used to be a fun and cool place to be. however, it's losing it all. nowadays, it's lack of overall company identity, vision and direction. poor management team. overall morale is low.
Good place to be.
Sales Associate/ Social Media Lead (Current Employee) –  Austin, TX19 August 2017
Great company to work for. The only downfall is the way the corporate aspects are changing and becoming less people oriented and more focused on expansion. But there are good teams and great people oriented staff.
Not bad
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA23 May 2017
TOMS was an exciting place to work and management was great. I was there via Accountemps, so I cannot speak to the benefits there; free coffee bar too.
Pros
Employee lunches
Cons
No privacy
fun at workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dubai1 May 2017
TOMS is giving company which is with every product you purchase
TOMS will help a person in need..
ex: If you buy a pair of shoes TOMS will give a new pair of shoes to a child in need.
Fun, inspiring, forward thinking company
accounts payable (Current Employee) –  Playa Vista, CA5 November 2015
TOMS allows you to bring your dog to work. They have their own barista that makes whatever you like up until 11 am. The office is very open and all managers with exception of a few sit with the staff they manage. We have happy hours and all employees go on a giving trip a year after employment. We also do a retreat every year that is awesome for team building. This is an amazing company and will be around for many years to come. If you love to help people and work for a good cause, TOMS is the place to be.
Pros
Free shoe, free healthcare, bring your dog to work.
Cons
Can be who is most liked when it comes to promotions.
Decent
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA14 October 2015
Decent mid sized company to work for when easing out of the corporate life. It helps to have a boss who understands the work life balance as well as someone who does care for your personal growth in your career. That may not be the case for all.
A company with great values that misses the mark on employee/management relations.
Customer Service Rep (Temporary) (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA2 July 2015
I worked for the company as a temporary, full-time employee. It was difficult not to be impressed with TOMS in my first days of employment. The strong brand recognition and industry respect the company has is very evident when you first get to the office campus (I call it a campus). The high tech security, well manicured grounds, modern design of the building, and the imposing TOMS flag flapping in the wind all give it a particular air that the employees carry around with them. The management perpetuates this vibe of "you're lucky to work here." I constantly felt like I was competing with my co-workers for the management's approval.
I did learn to be very self sufficient there and very productive. They want you to be highly efficient and productive and they don't accept anything less. TOMS taught me a lot about time management. They did not grow as quickly as they did to a mega retail player by accident. It ran like a machine. It was completely a routine job. I like the structure of it but it was not inspiring.
Pros
prestigious company, great work life balance
Cons
management was not approachable
Very organized management and comfortable yet fast-paced environment.
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ2 June 2015
In the beginning I was helping ring up customers at the register, then I was relocated to the sunglasses booth to sell sunglasses. For the most part, I had to know the sunglasses available, provide the benefits of each purchase from Toms Shoes (One for One), know the difference between what each sunglasses lenses provides, and verbally communicate with the customers with a helpful and respective manner. Then later on I would go back and forth helping in the back stockroom, to organize shoes and put them out on the floor when necessary.
A good place to work
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA10 June 2014
Typical Day is 9-6
Most Managers really look out for you
Great Goal - wanting to change the world
It is a okay place to work.
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Playa Vista, CA9 April 2014
I really don't have much to say. I really don't wish to participate in this. Whoever wants to apply for a job here will find out when they arrive. It is not the worst place to work.
Easy Going Atmosphere with great Managers
Shift Lead Café/Retail (Current Employee) –  Venice, CA22 May 2013
Great place to come to work everyday. Always something new and exciting just around the corner!
Productive and fun work place with slides and ping pong tables
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Marina Del Ray, Ca21 May 2013
TOMS has a wonderful mission "One for One" Working here was very comfortable with friendly co-workers. I learned different systems an sharpened my customer service skills.Many managers were amazing an made it enjoyable to want to come to work every day.
Pros
Healthcare, Spirit days, Comfortable work place
Cons
Lack of communication
Fun Workplace
Campus Representative (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia,PA28 June 2012
• Maintain awareness on campus for the TOMS shoe brand and their “One for One” mission
• Help run “TOMS One Day Without Shoes” event, including publicity and awareness, encouraging students and faculty on campus to go a day without shoes so children around the world don’t have
A great artistic outlet
SYS Shoe Artist (Current Employee) –  DFW20 April 2012
Being a TOMS shoe artist is a great artistic outlet as well as a satisfying feeling of being a part of humanitarian efforts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TOMS Shoes. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3