Tommy Hilfiger Employee Reviews

Decent starting place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON4 September 2013
Unreal discount, good clothes. Most customers were well off and willing to splurge. You get treated poorly by most management.
Pros
Discount
Cons
No advancement
Good Experience
VISUAL LEAD ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  London, ON14 October 2015
Good sales experience for 5 years as well as an amazing background in Visual Merchandising. I developed my skills as a merchandiser as well as leading a team of 10-20 employees daily, and delegating tasks as needed, as well as all cash functions and managerial duties.
Pros
Good team atmosphere
Cons
Far from home
energetic and fun work place.
Key Holder / sales associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 May 2012
A typical day at Tommy Hilfiger would be assist customers with finding suitable items that work for their needs. Also managing all staff members and making sure everything is efficient. Things I have learned working in retail would be; the purpose of great customer service, managing and operating a company on my own. I have a fun and energized staff that is very well orientated and precise. The hardest part of my job is balancing between being a manager and being fair with my co-workers. All together working with my team is very enjoyable.
Educational and very fun
Sales Associate, Greeting, Stock, and Fitting Room (Current Employee) –  Maple, ON4 October 2015
Very fast paced, and competitive, the coworkers are funny and the overall experience is capable of preparing you for a lot of different job opportunities.
Constantly changing and growing.
Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Yorkdale mall28 March 2014
Working at Tommy for as long as I have, there have been a lot of changes, what can you do right? That's just how it works sometimes in retail. There were a lot of people coming and going which made it a hard at times but the people you meet and work with helped you grow. That being said, Tommy Hilfiger is a good place to work because of the people and the personalities with in the company, they make the environment fun. Never really know what's going to come next.
Pros
the people, location, and sometimes the deals you find
Cons
hours can be really long or really short
Enjoyable
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ENG19 June 2013
For a first job it was ideal.
No room for advancement and lac of management.
Decent place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan10 April 2015
The co-workers are the best thing about TH Vaughan mills. However, the management team is not coordinated and usually don't appreciate the effort that some associates put into the job. It is a very fast-paced store and mall so you will need to perfect your multi-tasking skills if you haven't so already.
Tommy Hilfiger was a great place to be
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC15 August 2013
If you are looking for a job in the fashion retail domain, then look no further than Tommy Hilfiger in the Complexe Les Ailes de la Mode situated in downtown Montréal. This is a great place to work where clients, colleagues and management alike are all sympathetic and generally caring.
Pros
Great People all around
Cons
Pay wages
overall good
associate (Former Employee) –  pickering28 April 2015
Co workers are fun to be around. Standing gets tiring. Repetative tasks. Get to help customers. Everyone is mostly friendly.
Pros
nice people
Cons
tedious, constant drama, long hours
Alot of work and organzing
Sales associate/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON7 April 2014
I have worked at Tommy Hilfger for a year, I really enjoyed working with my co-workers, I had developed a friendship with each one over the year. I have moved up positions from the floor to the back stock. My typical work day would be come in sign in with the manger ask what shipping we got, what work needs to be done and which product needs to come out, after that work on whatever the manger said and try to get done as much as possible. The mangement wasnt well organized but with my co-workers, we were able to work as a team and helped resolve anyproblems we had to face. That was both the hardest part and the most enjoyable for me. It was hard because we had to figure out ways to fix problems, for example if we got 8 hugs bins of product and everything was full both in the back and on the floor we as a team had to figure out what iteams we need to keep and which ones we need to ship back out. At the same time this was enjoyable for me because when we do figure it out it feels good knowing we all worked on it together and got the job done. Over all iv learned that you can be succesful in both working individually and in a team.
Pros
good co-workers
Cons
hard work
good first retial job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON2 February 2015
great first retail job, management wasnt too bad; the manger at the time wasnt the best but everyone else was great. it was a great learning experience. co-worker were also really good. the hardest part was dealing with costumers that were really rude to you.
Pros
good people
Cons
weird hours
It's is an okay J.O.B
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, Ontario (Train yards establishment)30 January 2015
The job it's self is fine. The work can be tedious, but co-workers are very friendly and personable. Often at times the managers are changed, and its not always a good thing, They don't often work as much as they should. The best part of the job is helping happy customers.
Pros
60% discount on top of customer discount on all clothes and accessories.
Cons
Very low work hours in the winter time. (Estimated 10 hours per month)
Organized, Team efforts contributing to an overall great environment
Casual, merchandiser (Former Employee) –  White Rock, BC26 October 2014
Everyone was positive and happy, working hard and staying focused. Being my first retail job it was very interesting, it taught me how to behave in the environment and helped me make many friends. Although trying to balance school and work was a bit of a task, I managed to maintain a healthy balance, overall it was a great experience.
The Hardest Part of the Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON14 January 2013
The hardest part of the job was proving and showing everyone that I am capable to do more than sales. I would come in early to work, even clock in before my actual time, to help out and go out of my way to ask management and staff if they need help doing tasks.
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 August 2012
I worked with a lovely team. There's always something new to learn. The product quality is good. Room for growth is good.
Pros
great team building activities
Cons
Tommy Hilfiger, great for a short while but not for the long-term
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brossard, QC15 August 2013
If you want to work in fashion retail, Tommy Hilfiger is a good enough place to start but not to remain. The people and customers are usually nice, however the management tends to forget about their employees.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Was a great learning experience. Although I had extensive retail experience I had never sold clothing before.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  South Common, Edmonton, AB19 April 2013
Opening or closing the store. Learned a great deal about the fashion industry. Store manager was great. For the most part my co-workers were great. The hardest part of the job was trying to get everything done with the budgeted hours. Most enjoyable part of the job was being on the floor working with customers.
Pros
great discount
Cons
budgeted hours
Fast-paced environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC12 August 2015
Decent company to get a work portfolio started. You quickly learn how customers are to be dealt with, and develop a unique style of your own customer service. Friendly atmosphere, very dedicated to motivating employees to meeting sales quotas.
Pros
Friendly workplace
i did not enjoy working there because they did not provide enough hours to sustain my employ
casual laborer (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC19 May 2014
it was a casual job with intensive labor. I did not like it there because there were no enough hours of work per week. If I were lucky, I worked two days a week.
Pros
no free lunch
Cons
left work on time
Nothing Amazing
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ON10 July 2014
-help customers with anything they need and clean up
-how to speak to customers, how to fold clothes efficiently
-terrible, played favorites
co-workers were amazing. very nice. management sucked
-cleaning up
-the people
Pros
discount
Cons
terrible management