Tommy Hilfiger Employee Reviews

ups and downs
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 January 2014
my fellow co-workers were amazing and we all equally balanced the work together, minus the "boss"
Pros
my co-workers
Cons
the boss
It was a very fair and fun work place.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 December 2013
I am a people person and I do normally get along with others, but sometimes in retail you will get some customers who aren't very friendly or fair.
Working for Tommy Hilfiger actually made it all worth it. I really enjoyed my fellow co-workers and bosses. they were always fair. they expected you to do your best, but in return they would treat you extremely well.
Fun Work Place
Sales Associate (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 October 2013
I've learnt alot in the past couple months about what its like being a sales associate , what things you would need to know and how everything works. Its always fun working with the people that are outgoing and friendly, there amazing co-workers. Everyday i've worked here at tommy Hilfiger i've always learned something new from everyone that i've worked with and even the customers.
Cons
not enough hours.
An Excellent Experience
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vaughan Mills5 September 2013
In 2009 i started working for Tommy Hilfiger, it was my second job as a student. A typical day at work would be getting directives from managers at the beginning of the shift for daily goals and how to achieve them. I learned alot from my time at Tommy Hilfiger, one example would be my speaking and communicating skills which were weak when i first started. The management was excellent because they were a great help from floor supervisor to store manager, each of them helped me grow up as a person and more importantly help my communication skills. Hardest part of the job was controlling myself from too much time spent with one customer. The most enjoyable part of the job was to having the luxury of having an excellent team to work with and meeting new people over time.
Decent starting place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON4 September 2013
Unreal discount, good clothes. Most customers were well off and willing to splurge. You get treated poorly by most management.
Pros
Discount
Cons
No advancement
Retails part time
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, Ontario20 August 2013
This was a great experience. The group was fun to work with as we were all in the same age range. The hours were very flexible and the management team always took into considerations our school schedules and worked with us. They were able to help with hours during the summer months.

The hardest part of the job have been dealing with a very upset customer regarding return and refunds.
Pros
flexiablity working hours and close to home
Cons
Pressured to meet sales targets
Sales Associate
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON19 August 2013
• Achieving weekly and monthly sale goals
• Tending to customer satisfaction
• Maintaining store appearance
• Counting inventory
Nice and busy workplace with friendly coworkers
Cashier and sales (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC16 August 2013
At Tommy Hilfiger, I learned different communication skills including how to approach a customer, how to gain his or her trust, and how to find the items that are most suitable for him or her. In addition, I learned how to be an accurate cashier and efficient stock person. The workplace is quiet busy, but since the management team is really good, our store can often exceed our sales goal. On the other hand, it is hard to clean up the store during the weekends, because there are a lot of products in the store and with the high traffic of customers, it is difficult to maintain the store clean and neat. However, there are many aspects of Tommy Hilfiger that I like, such as the friendly managers and coworkers who always tech me, support me, and collaborate with me. In conclusion, the working experience at Tommy Hilfiger is beneficial for me, and I will keep what I learned from there and develop more in my future career field.
Pros
employee discount
Cons
small rest area for a big number of employees
this place is a joke
Sales Associate/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON11 July 2013
the store manager is a joke, she thinks shes the queen and everyone are her peasants. shes sneaking and runs the store like a high school and plays people against each other. two faced and fake. do not trust her
Sales
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Niagara 8 July 2013
Good Management and Good Benefit!!
The whole team crew is like a big family.
Had lots of fun working with all of them
Horrid Management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Nova Scotia4 July 2013
The management where I worked were keyholders on power-trips, a frazzled assistant and the one crazy manager who, in my opinion, is borderline psychotic. Unfortunately, this made this branch of Tommy unbearable to work in. This is an issue I have recently informed head office of as soon as I got out of there, and something other employees have had issue with.

However, I will say that the company as a whole does not give me this impression, just the one place I worked and my experiences with that particular management team and district manager.

A good paying job for someone who doesn't mind folding shirts and providing customer service; great discounts as well!
Pros
discount, always something to do, decent pay
Cons
no commission, management
Well organized

Co-workers:
Also personable

Most enjoyable:
Helping customers

Was a great learning experience. Although I had extensive retail experience I had never sold clothing before.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  South Common, Edmonton, AB19 April 2013
Opening or closing the store. Learned a great deal about the fashion industry. Store manager was great. For the most part my co-workers were great. The hardest part of the job was trying to get everything done with the budgeted hours. Most enjoyable part of the job was being on the floor working with customers.
Pros
great discount
Cons
budgeted hours
A great place to work,good environment.
cashier (Current Employee) –  edmonton,ab28 March 2013
Everyone is so nice,very friendly.Great start for new employees.
Currently Employed at Metro.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan Mills4 March 2013
Possition- Part Time Keyholder
Stock associate/Sales Associate
productive and fun work place, busy at all times
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 February 2013
Having been there for 3 years, I became seniority. The pay was great at that point, the job became easier and more manageable. It was always busy because it was an outlet store, keeping you on your toes at all times.
Pros
great team, christmas parties, flexible scheduling
Work Review
Part time sales associate (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth Crossing, NS31 January 2013
A typical work day would include a 5 minute meeting to catch everyone up on what the promotions and sales were. We would then be put into zones, such as men's, women's, cash, and kids. Throughout the day we would assist customers on the sales floor in hopes of achieving our personal goals as well as the stores goals.
The management team wasn't the strongest team, the store manager was often distracted and unable to properly lead the team. The keyholders often had to pick up the slack of the manager and often they were not able to answer a lot of the questions asked by staff members.
Since there was barely a management team my co-workers were often slacking off and not paying attention to their work. That was the hardest part of the job.
Fun and fulfilling especially if you know you have helped a customer
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Skyview powercenter21 January 2013
A typical day at work is replenishing the stock before the store opens. And when the store is open, I get to meet and socialize and help the customers. Its so much fun helping and getting to meet new and different people everyday. In this job I have learned to interact with different types of people, learned more about fashion, and developed my skills in customer service. Most of my co-workers are teenagers who don't have much work ethics. They dont care about team work, they only help and do things when a manager asks them to do something but most of them don't have initiatives. The store manager does her best in keeping up with the store's sales goals but she's a little lacking with the knowledge on how to handle her people and most of the time she doesn't listen to her subordinates' needs. The hardest part of the job is standing for a long period of time. And the most enjoyable part is helping out the customers and knowing that when they leave the store, they were satisfied with the service and the product as well.
Pros
big discounts for employees
Cons
management is not organized
The Hardest Part of the Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON14 January 2013
The hardest part of the job was proving and showing everyone that I am capable to do more than sales. I would come in early to work, even clock in before my actual time, to help out and go out of my way to ask management and staff if they need help doing tasks.
Calm and Supportive Atmosphere Despite Bad Location
Customer Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Nepean, ON3 November 2012
The day at work would consist of me coming in and being given a sales target for the day. I would approach and greet customers throughout the day and help others in their respective sections. On top of meeting my budget I had to keep the place clean at all times, which meant a lot of folding and visual merchandising (as well as training on how to do it).

I learned that making a budget was not only important for me but for the store as well. During a winter storm, the store closed down, and budgets weren't met, which looked poorly on our net sales for the month.

The management was very assertive and supportive. They always encouraged us to do better.

My co-workers were all easy to get along with, ranging from 15 to 50 years of age.

The hardest part was trying to make a budget when the place was overstaffed. That, and making sure no one was stealing at all times. People found clever and innovative ways to steal from the store, which did not look good for us and spiked our shrink rate.

The most enjoyable part was making customers happy with sales, getting compliments, and getting to know some of the staff.
Pros
terrific discounts on clothes, great staff
Cons
wages and hours weren't ideal; dealing with shoplifters