Tommy Hilfiger Employee Reviews in Canada

Work Review
Part time sales associate (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth Crossing, NSJanuary 31, 2013
A typical work day would include a 5 minute meeting to catch everyone up on what the promotions and sales were. We would then be put into zones, such as men's, women's, cash, and kids. Throughout the day we would assist customers on the sales floor in hopes of achieving our personal goals as well as the stores goals.
The management team wasn't the strongest team, the store manager was often distracted and unable to properly lead the team. The keyholders often had to pick up the slack of the manager and often they were not able to answer a lot of the questions asked by staff members.
Since there was barely a management team my co-workers were often slacking off and not paying attention to their work. That was the hardest part of the job.
Fun and fulfilling especially if you know you have helped a customer
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Skyview powercenterJanuary 21, 2013
A typical day at work is replenishing the stock before the store opens. And when the store is open, I get to meet and socialize and help the customers. Its so much fun helping and getting to meet new and different people everyday. In this job I have learned to interact with different types of people, learned more about fashion, and developed my skills in customer service. Most of my co-workers are teenagers who don't have much work ethics. They dont care about team work, they only help and do things when a manager asks them to do something but most of them don't have initiatives. The store manager does her best in keeping up with the store's sales goals but she's a little lacking with the knowledge on how to handle her people and most of the time she doesn't listen to her subordinates' needs. The hardest part of the job is standing for a long period of time. And the most enjoyable part is helping out the customers and knowing that when they leave the store, they were satisfied with the service and the product as well.
Pros
big discounts for employees
Cons
management is not organized
The Hardest Part of the Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONJanuary 14, 2013
The hardest part of the job was proving and showing everyone that I am capable to do more than sales. I would come in early to work, even clock in before my actual time, to help out and go out of my way to ask management and staff if they need help doing tasks.
Calm and Supportive Atmosphere Despite Bad Location
Customer Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Nepean, ONNovember 3, 2012
The day at work would consist of me coming in and being given a sales target for the day. I would approach and greet customers throughout the day and help others in their respective sections. On top of meeting my budget I had to keep the place clean at all times, which meant a lot of folding and visual merchandising (as well as training on how to do it).

I learned that making a budget was not only important for me but for the store as well. During a winter storm, the store closed down, and budgets weren't met, which looked poorly on our net sales for the month.

The management was very assertive and supportive. They always encouraged us to do better.

My co-workers were all easy to get along with, ranging from 15 to 50 years of age.

The hardest part was trying to make a budget when the place was overstaffed. That, and making sure no one was stealing at all times. People found clever and innovative ways to steal from the store, which did not look good for us and spiked our shrink rate.

The most enjoyable part was making customers happy with sales, getting compliments, and getting to know some of the staff.
Pros
terrific discounts on clothes, great staff
Cons
wages and hours weren't ideal; dealing with shoplifters
Productive and enjoyable workplace
Sales - Cashier/Retail Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, OntarioOctober 3, 2012
A typical day at Tommy Hilfiger is very enjoyable. When i go in to work, I am surrounded with beautiful co-workers and managers, gorgeous clothing and tons of customers.
I've learned that my time spent on the floor of a retail store will give countless hours of access to sensitivity, anger management, and customer service training while, also, developing your social skills, working with a team, and developing your confidence.
The hardest part of the job is working during the holiday season. The store can get very hectic with customers everywhere! There are pieces of clothing everywhere which makes the clean up process tedious.
The most enjoyable part of the job is working with people from a diverse range of backgrounds, which is an asset. Many big graduate employers are multinational and want to recruit candidates who are capable of building rapport with colleagues or customers from all around the world.
Pros
free snacks, staff/holiday parties, great customer experience
Cons
long hours, cleaning up after kids/messy customers
ok place to work
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BCSeptember 28, 2012
got along with staff , not a busy enough store . store went through a fair amount of staff and managment changes in short time frame.
Sales associate
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Burnaby/Vancouver, BCSeptember 4, 2012
Working here is a great job while you are in highschool or your first years of college. The hours are flexible, there is little responsibility, little stress, and you learn a lot about how the world works through your interaction with customers as well as staff.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
low wages
Great structure
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 27, 2012
Lots of staff in many positions, no one is overwhelmed with a lot of work, low pay because of needing so much staffing, great discount
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 17, 2012
I worked with a lovely team. There's always something new to learn. The product quality is good. Room for growth is good.
Pros
great team building activities
Typical seasonal Part-Time job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, OntarioJuly 13, 2012
This store is located at an extreamly busy location (Vaughn Mills). The managers were always on top of our work habbits and ethics. I felt pressured with certain managers which stopped me from being the best I can be.
My co-workers felt the exact same way which brought us closer together. The most enjoyable part of my job was helping out customers and making their shopping spree easier.
Great coworkers, fun and no-pressure environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 12, 2012
A typical day at work includes replenishing items in your section, greeting customers and helping them with great customer service, meeting hourly budgets and cleaning the store sections according to company policy.
I've learned a lot about organization, team work and people skills. My coworkers were always friendly and everyone got along with each other so much it felt like a second family.
The hardest part of the job would be trying to push those necessary sales when the story has been relatively "empty", making it difficult to produce sales with very few customers.
The most enjoyable part of the job is just being able to be around all of my coworkers who make the job seem less like a job, and more like a hobby.
energetic and fun work place.
Key Holder / sales associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 10, 2012
A typical day at Tommy Hilfiger would be assist customers with finding suitable items that work for their needs. Also managing all staff members and making sure everything is efficient. Things I have learned working in retail would be; the purpose of great customer service, managing and operating a company on my own. I have a fun and energized staff that is very well orientated and precise. The hardest part of my job is balancing between being a manager and being fair with my co-workers. All together working with my team is very enjoyable.
Productive, positve and energetic work environment
Cashier & Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 7, 2012
Responsibilities included: purchasing transactions using Tommy system, advising customers regarding sales, items, and purchases, replenishing stock on the floor, and providing excellent inventory control.
Le respect
Commis à l'étiquetage (Former Employee) –  Montreal-ouest, QCMay 11, 2016
tres agréable de travailler la-bas,je n'ai rien a reprocher. j'aimais ce que je faisais il y avait du respect. c'était une vrai équipe
Pros
tres bien
Cons
pas de points négatif
Environnement de travail agréable
Conseillère mode (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJanuary 12, 2016
Une journée typique chez Tommy Hilfiger commence par une inspection du magasin, c'est a dire s'assurer de la mise en ordre du magasin à sa fermeture le jour précédent. Le personnel doit toujours accueillir les clients avec un sourire chaleureux et lui offrir un sac de magasinage. Il faut également être un fin connaisseur de la mode puisque ont doit conseiller du mieux de nos capacités les clients. Puis, il faut savoir repérer les faux clients ( les volleurs ) puisqu'a chaque jour il y a un risque de vol.Lorsqu'il passe a la caisse, on doit proposé au client de s'inscrire dans la banque de données de Tommy Hilfiger, lui permettant de profiter de coupons rabais soit pour sa prochaine visites et les autres qui vont suivre. Lorsque la journée est terminer, il y a un travaille d'équipe qui est fait pour remettre le magasin en ordre.

Le management à mon avis, est inadéquat:
Lorsqu’il y a un rush et qu’une personne est prise seule dans son département et que dans le département voisin, il y a 2-3 commis (incluent les superviseurs) que flânent et qui jase et quand on demande de l’aide rien ne se fait. Mais encore, les gérants ne sont jamais du même avis. Que ce soit pour distribuer les pauses ou pour nous laisser partir a la fin de chaque chiffre il y a de la confusions.
Se faire changer de quart de travail sans se faire demander si oui ou non nous sommes disposées a travaillé pendant cette période, ou se faire enlever un quart de travail sans nous aviser. Finalement, chez Tommy Hilfiger tout le monde se doit de porter fièrement la marque et un code vestimentaire doit être respecter.
  more... Mais ont dirais que certaines personnes au des droits de plus que d'autre et ces injuste. Tandis que si un autre employé porte un leggins il doit retourner chez lui ou même s'acheter un pantalon pour la journée. C'est ridicule comment les gérant ont tous un opinions différentes.

L’aspect le plus difficile plus précisément désagréable, c'est l'injustice. Quand une personne qui est toujours a son affaire et très travaillant n'est pas apprécier a sa juste valeurs tandis que d'autre personne passe la journée a parler dans leur département et peuvent quitter plus tôt parce que tout a coup il se sentent ''malade''.

Et aussi le fait que on ne travaille pas a commission mais que les gérant mettent quand même beaucoup de pression sur les ventes comme si nous étions a commission.

L’aspect le plus agréable de mon travail, es sans doute, pouvoir venir en aide aux clients. De jour leur styliste si ont veux. Les clients sont souvent très reconnaissant puisque sans nous ils n'aurais peut-être pas penser a tous ces looks qu'ont leur propose. Donc l'approche client est très agréable. J'ai aussi aimée l'esprit d'équipe qui règne chez Tommy Hilfiger, malgré les lacunes du système de gestions , ont trouve des collègue et aussi des amis chez Tommy Hilfiger.
Pros
Le rabais employé
Cons
Gestion de l'horaire employé
Tâches typiques & satisfaction générale
Conseiller les clients (Current Employee) –  Lachenaie, QCSeptember 25, 2015
•Lors du premier quart de travail, s’assurer que le magasin a bien été remis en ordre à sa fermeture le jour précédent.
•Accueillir les clients, et les conseiller le au meilleur de nos capacités.
•Lors des ventes, ventre le plus honnêtement possible pour éviter le plus de retour et/ou de remboursements.
•À la fin de la journée, bien remettre le magasin en ordre. •S’assurer que les piles de vêtements sont bien pliées et qu’aucun morceau de linge ne traine dans les cabines et/ou les tables de pliage.
•Le management à mon avis, est inadéquat:
- Lorsqu’il y a un rush et qu’une personne est prise seule dans son département et que dans le département voisin, il y a 2-3 commis (incluent les superviseurs) que flânent et qui jase et quand on demande de l’aide rien ne se fait.
- Se faire changer de quart de travail sans se faire demander si oui ou non nous sommes disposées a travaillé pendant cette période, ou se faire enlever un quart de travail sans nous aviser.
•L’aspect le plus difficile plus précisément désagréable, est le fait que ce sont des tâches qui sont constamment à être refait. Par exemple, remettre les piles de vêtements en bonne état, plier le linge en sortant des cabines, c’est comme vivre le jour de la marmotte sans cesse.
•L’aspect le plus agréable de mon travail, es sans doute, pouvoir venir en aide aux clients, démontrer le potentiel de ceux-ci avec leur choix de vêtements et les aider à oser quant aux couleurs et styles de vêtements choisi.
Cons
Gérance des horaires de travail
Environment work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Quebec City, QCJuly 14, 2015
The environment work place is interesting. we have fun in working.
Environnement de l'équipe de travail
Service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Montréal,QCMay 1, 2015
Premierement, travailler chez Tommy Hilfiger permet de nous améliorer dans n'importe qu'elle situation. Le service à la clientèle, l’autonomie et tant d'autres sont mis en valeur. Les journées typique sont souvent très relaxe, mais peuvent êtres aussi stressantes, mais elles restent toujours calmes. Plusieurs rabais et opportunités sont données aux employé faisant bien leur travail. Le personnel et les gérants sont très proche. L'équipe est comme une famille. Les gérants, gérantes et assistants(es) sont merveilleux, dynamique et serviable. L'aspect un peu plus difficile c'est de convaincre aux clientes que ce qu'elles achètent ou essaye leur va a merveille. D'un autre coté, l'aspect la plus agréable est d'aider les clients,que ce soit 3,4 ou 5 en même mon but premier est de leur offrir le service demander. Bref, c'est un emploi très agréable et chaleureux.
Pros
carte employé de 50%
Cons
heures de travail très abusif
Très belle expériences
Gérante (Former Employee) –  Québec City, QCAugust 15, 2014
Cet emploi m'a permis d'acquérir, de parfaire et de développer mes aptitudes, autant au niveau de la gestion des employés, des ventes, du rendement et du service à la clientèle.
Très belle expériences
Environnement de travail agréable.
représentante à la ventes (Former Employee) –  Québec, QCFebruary 28, 2014
Travailler dans l'entreprise comme Tommy Hilfiger me fait grand plaisir.Nous avons une équipe forte et amicale.
Pros
bon équipe