Tommy Hilfiger Employee Reviews

Very exciting meeting new people daily
Part-time Sales Associate (Cashier) (Former Employee) –  calgary albertaMarch 13, 2015
A lot of fun, many tourists came in, customer service was key. I love handling customer and helping people with their needs.
Good place to work at.
Sale's Associate (Current Employee) –  Lasalle, ONApril 27, 2015
Not bad, it was a good and fun place to work at. Nice people and good environment. Management was good and nice and I liked it
Great Company Amazing Co-Workers
Assistant Manager /Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABSeptember 29, 2014
One of the best company I worked for. Management always available. Best team I ever had, it was like a family. Best part about my work was that I was always busy, always got something to do.
Nice and busy workplace with friendly coworkers
Cashier and sales (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCAugust 16, 2013
At Tommy Hilfiger, I learned different communication skills including how to approach a customer, how to gain his or her trust, and how to find the items that are most suitable for him or her. In addition, I learned how to be an accurate cashier and efficient stock person. The workplace is quiet busy, but since the management team is really good, our store can often exceed our sales goal. On the other hand, it is hard to clean up the store during the weekends, because there are a lot of products in the store and with the high traffic of customers, it is difficult to maintain the store clean and neat. However, there are many aspects of Tommy Hilfiger that I like, such as the friendly managers and coworkers who always tech me, support me, and collaborate with me. In conclusion, the working experience at Tommy Hilfiger is beneficial for me, and I will keep what I learned from there and develop more in my future career field.
Pros
employee discount
Cons
small rest area for a big number of employees
this place is a joke
Sales Associate/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJuly 11, 2013
the store manager is a joke, she thinks shes the queen and everyone are her peasants. shes sneaking and runs the store like a high school and plays people against each other. two faced and fake. do not trust her
It was a fun job environment
Sales (Former Employee) –  LaSalle ONJanuary 21, 2014
I just casually strolled the store, helped out customers, folded and put away anything that was laying around and made the store look presentable
Pros
easy environment
Cons
monthly limits
good
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJanuary 21, 2014
I love working in retail! I would have liked more hours as I have responsibilities and bills. it was very fun and understanding as well as fairly flexible.
Pros
retail environment
Cons
not enough hours
Productive and enjoyable workplace
Sales - Cashier/Retail Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, OntarioOctober 3, 2012
A typical day at Tommy Hilfiger is very enjoyable. When i go in to work, I am surrounded with beautiful co-workers and managers, gorgeous clothing and tons of customers.
I've learned that my time spent on the floor of a retail store will give countless hours of access to sensitivity, anger management, and customer service training while, also, developing your social skills, working with a team, and developing your confidence.
The hardest part of the job is working during the holiday season. The store can get very hectic with customers everywhere! There are pieces of clothing everywhere which makes the clean up process tedious.
The most enjoyable part of the job is working with people from a diverse range of backgrounds, which is an asset. Many big graduate employers are multinational and want to recruit candidates who are capable of building rapport with colleagues or customers from all around the world.
Pros
free snacks, staff/holiday parties, great customer experience
Cons
long hours, cleaning up after kids/messy customers
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 17, 2012
I worked with a lovely team. There's always something new to learn. The product quality is good. Room for growth is good.
Pros
great team building activities
Well organized

Co-workers:
Also personable

Most enjoyable:
Helping customers
pretty occupied work life especially during the Christmas season!
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  New westminsterJune 6, 2014
good place to work, with few discount employee benefits, cooperative co-workers. fast paced work place.
Decent starting place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONSeptember 4, 2013
Unreal discount, good clothes. Most customers were well off and willing to splurge. You get treated poorly by most management.
Pros
discount
Cons
no advancement
Good customer service experience, but poor scheduling.
Sales Associate/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ONMarch 31, 2014
A good place to work with managers that are nice and caring, but the scheduling system is broken and unfair. They over hire excessively, thus the average amount of hours workers are scheduled is usually about 15/week unless you've been working there for several years.

The work isn't particularly difficult, you get to talk to people and socialize with customers. Sales are heavily encouraged and tracked, but there is NO commission on them, unlike most of the other stores in that mall. Instead, management gives employees a hefty in-store discount, but unless you really like the clothes there, sales commission would be much more beneficial.

The managers are fairly nice and understanding, but they don't always accommodate schedules well, and as mentioned above, don't give very many hours. Thus, this job is not good enough as your sole source of employment, and scheduling around a second job will be difficult. I would recommend looking at other stores in the same mall.
Pros
excellent in-store discount.
Cons
early openings and late closes. low amount of hours.
Fun and fulfilling especially if you know you have helped a customer
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Skyview powercenterJanuary 21, 2013
A typical day at work is replenishing the stock before the store opens. And when the store is open, I get to meet and socialize and help the customers. Its so much fun helping and getting to meet new and different people everyday. In this job I have learned to interact with different types of people, learned more about fashion, and developed my skills in customer service. Most of my co-workers are teenagers who don't have much work ethics. They dont care about team work, they only help and do things when a manager asks them to do something but most of them don't have initiatives. The store manager does her best in keeping up with the store's sales goals but she's a little lacking with the knowledge on how to handle her people and most of the time she doesn't listen to her subordinates' needs. The hardest part of the job is standing for a long period of time. And the most enjoyable part is helping out the customers and knowing that when they leave the store, they were satisfied with the service and the product as well.
Pros
big discounts for employees
Cons
management is not organized
ok place to work
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BCSeptember 28, 2012
got along with staff , not a busy enough store . store went through a fair amount of staff and managment changes in short time frame.
Sales Associate
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONAugust 19, 2013
• Achieving weekly and monthly sale goals
• Tending to customer satisfaction
• Maintaining store appearance
• Counting inventory
Great structure
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 27, 2012
Lots of staff in many positions, no one is overwhelmed with a lot of work, low pay because of needing so much staffing, great discount
Alot of work and organzing
Sales associate/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ONApril 7, 2014
I have worked at Tommy Hilfger for a year, I really enjoyed working with my co-workers, I had developed a friendship with each one over the year. I have moved up positions from the floor to the back stock. My typical work day would be come in sign in with the manger ask what shipping we got, what work needs to be done and which product needs to come out, after that work on whatever the manger said and try to get done as much as possible. The mangement wasnt well organized but with my co-workers, we were able to work as a team and helped resolve anyproblems we had to face. That was both the hardest part and the most enjoyable for me. It was hard because we had to figure out ways to fix problems, for example if we got 8 hugs bins of product and everything was full both in the back and on the floor we as a team had to figure out what iteams we need to keep and which ones we need to ship back out. At the same time this was enjoyable for me because when we do figure it out it feels good knowing we all worked on it together and got the job done. Over all iv learned that you can be succesful in both working individually and in a team.
Pros
good co-workers
Cons
hard work
ups and downs
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 21, 2014
my fellow co-workers were amazing and we all equally balanced the work together, minus the "boss"
Pros
my co-workers
Cons
the boss
Great benefits, salary and job advancement, but terrible hours,scheduling and management.
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ONMarch 25, 2014
Working at Tommy Hilfiger had its ups and downs. The salary and benefits (such as the 50% discount on most clothing) were great. Also, job advancement was good as you could start from the bottom and reach the higher ranks in a few months of hard work. Everything goes well until management pops up. Usually they tell you that you're doing something wrong even though it is close to perfect, but perfection is their standard. The hours were terrible as a full time student because they went so far into the night even though i did not put it as available on my schedule. Furthermore, they sometimes assigned hours to people on days that they cannot complete indefinitely but do not care about their lives outside of work. The workload that your leads would give you was also a problem, especially when they expect a whole table to be cleaned to perfection in 15 minutes. The best thing about Tommy were my co-workers, they were great people to work with. The worst part was definitely the scheduling and management.
Pros
employee discounts, locker room, good salary
Cons
terrible hours, management and work environment