Tommy Hilfiger Employee Reviews

Fun work place with great employees
Retail (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 May 2015
My job was really fun i loved working at Tommy. I started off as a stock boy then they moved me to store front because they loved the way i handled my customers. The job was really simple, you start work you get whats called a take 5, which is your task, daily goals and sales for that day. Then after that you get to work on helping costumers and cleaning the area you've been positioned.
Tommy taught me how to become a smart shopper. Thanks to my experience at Tommy i never see a retail store the same way again, i notice every little thing.
The Tommy team was Great all my mangers loved me. The main manger considered me his son
The hardest part of the job was making your goal. When you get your take 5 they tell you how much your supposed to make that shift and you should always come near it, but Tommy didn't always have a lot of customer traffic so it wasn't always easy making your daily goal.
The best part of the job was the employee discount 65% off.
Pros
My store was in a mall so there was a variety of food to choose from
Cons
My store was in a mall therefore your always tempted to spend your money
overall good
associate (Former Employee) –  pickering28 April 2015
Co workers are fun to be around. Standing gets tiring. Repetative tasks. Get to help customers. Everyone is mostly friendly.
Pros
nice people
Cons
tedious, constant drama, long hours
Worst job I ever had
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON17 May 2014
Didn't provide us with many hours. They were extremely unorganized. I got hired and did not get any hours for about almost 2 weeks. When I finally did get hours, they did not provide us with any training and brought us right onto the floor. They basically tell us to harass customers and "teach them how to shop" which I did not agree with. There will be times that you'll be in charge of more than one department, and the store being very large it is extremely difficult to take control of 2 whole departments, help customers, clean and make sure that no one is stealing any of the merchandise. They care more about employees shoving down products down a customers throat to the point where I actually feel like I'm annoying them.

Overall, worse job experience I've ever had. I quit in 3 months.
Pros
Discount on clothing
Cons
Not enough hours, annoying staff, unorganized
Good place to work at.
Sale's Associate (Current Employee) –  Lasalle, ON27 April 2015
Not bad, it was a good and fun place to work at. Nice people and good environment. Management was good and nice and I liked it
The Hardest Part of the Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON14 January 2013
The hardest part of the job was proving and showing everyone that I am capable to do more than sales. I would come in early to work, even clock in before my actual time, to help out and go out of my way to ask management and staff if they need help doing tasks.
Great Company Amazing Co-Workers
Assistant Manager /Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 September 2014
One of the best company I worked for. Management always available. Best team I ever had, it was like a family. Best part about my work was that I was always busy, always got something to do.
Great coworkers, fun and no-pressure environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 July 2012
A typical day at work includes replenishing items in your section, greeting customers and helping them with great customer service, meeting hourly budgets and cleaning the store sections according to company policy.
I've learned a lot about organization, team work and people skills. My coworkers were always friendly and everyone got along with each other so much it felt like a second family.
The hardest part of the job would be trying to push those necessary sales when the story has been relatively "empty", making it difficult to produce sales with very few customers.
The most enjoyable part of the job is just being able to be around all of my coworkers who make the job seem less like a job, and more like a hobby.
Fast environment, love management.
Manager/Floor Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC14 September 2014
Work at Tommy Hilfiger was really fun, I learn a lot, I have to move really fast to merchandise in a normal day around 20 to 40 boxes, process them, organize them, take them to the floor.
Have a completely knowledge of the Operational System for the store purposes, is great it was anything that I wasn't able to do. Opening or Closing any day, manage our staff and the time to achieve our daily goal.
One of the hardest part of this job was being a sales associate, a cashier, a floor supervisor and a Manager... leading by sample every time, motivating all the staff and coaching them, showing that there is anything that somebody can do if we propose to do something, in the same time all the stress that this can generate I always move on with a positive attitude so that's what I feel that my co-workers learn the most... is easy to accomplish the store goals, not every day is going to be a great day but they will always be more days to make it better.
Pros
Great employee descount
Fast-paced environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC12 August 2015
Decent company to get a work portfolio started. You quickly learn how customers are to be dealt with, and develop a unique style of your own customer service. Friendly atmosphere, very dedicated to motivating employees to meeting sales quotas.
Pros
Friendly workplace
Nothing Amazing
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ON10 July 2014
-help customers with anything they need and clean up
-how to speak to customers, how to fold clothes efficiently
-terrible, played favorites
co-workers were amazing. very nice. management sucked
-cleaning up
-the people
Pros
discount
Cons
terrible management
energetic and fun work place.
Key Holder / sales associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 May 2012
A typical day at Tommy Hilfiger would be assist customers with finding suitable items that work for their needs. Also managing all staff members and making sure everything is efficient. Things I have learned working in retail would be; the purpose of great customer service, managing and operating a company on my own. I have a fun and energized staff that is very well orientated and precise. The hardest part of my job is balancing between being a manager and being fair with my co-workers. All together working with my team is very enjoyable.
Productive and Fun Workplace
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON26 January 2014
A typical day at Tommy Hilfiger is working the cash, folding the clothes, greeting and helping the customers, sweeping, vacuuming, etc. My co-workers are all very nice. They are outgoing and they go above and beyond to help customers as well. THey helped me a lot when i didn't know what i was doing when i started working there. The hardest part of my job is learning all the prices of the clothing by heart. We are the clearance store so we have to reduce 70% or 50% or 30% off the original price and sometimes it doesn't scan right on the computer. I enjoy helping the customers and making them smile. I also like doing things properly and even making my co-workers proud.
Well organized

Most enjoyable:
Helping customers

Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 August 2012
I worked with a lovely team. There's always something new to learn. The product quality is good. Room for growth is good.
Pros
great team building activities
Cons
pretty occupied work life especially during the Christmas season!
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  New westminster6 June 2014
good place to work, with few discount employee benefits, cooperative co-workers. fast paced work place.
It's is an okay J.O.B
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, Ontario (Train yards establishment)30 January 2015
The job it's self is fine. The work can be tedious, but co-workers are very friendly and personable. Often at times the managers are changed, and its not always a good thing, They don't often work as much as they should. The best part of the job is helping happy customers.
Pros
60% discount on top of customer discount on all clothes and accessories.
Cons
Very low work hours in the winter time. (Estimated 10 hours per month)
Sales
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Niagara 8 July 2013
Good Management and Good Benefit!!
The whole team crew is like a big family.
Had lots of fun working with all of them
Alot of work and organzing
Sales associate/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON7 April 2014
I have worked at Tommy Hilfger for a year, I really enjoyed working with my co-workers, I had developed a friendship with each one over the year. I have moved up positions from the floor to the back stock. My typical work day would be come in sign in with the manger ask what shipping we got, what work needs to be done and which product needs to come out, after that work on whatever the manger said and try to get done as much as possible. The mangement wasnt well organized but with my co-workers, we were able to work as a team and helped resolve anyproblems we had to face. That was both the hardest part and the most enjoyable for me. It was hard because we had to figure out ways to fix problems, for example if we got 8 hugs bins of product and everything was full both in the back and on the floor we as a team had to figure out what iteams we need to keep and which ones we need to ship back out. At the same time this was enjoyable for me because when we do figure it out it feels good knowing we all worked on it together and got the job done. Over all iv learned that you can be succesful in both working individually and in a team.
Pros
good co-workers
Cons
hard work
Be Carefull
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  South Surrey6 March 2015
Dishonest and demeaning, that is how I would describe working for this organization at the South Surrey location. My advice is to keep your head up while working for this company at this location.
Pros
Clothing discount.
Cons
Employees are nothing more than a commodity, and are treated as such
n/a
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC5 September 2014
Co-worker and employer are friendly, and management is pretty good.
Pros
40-50% off
Cons
n/a