Tommy Hilfiger Employee Reviews

Was a great learning experience. Although I had extensive retail experience I had never sold clothing before.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  South Common, Edmonton, AB19 April 2013
Opening or closing the store. Learned a great deal about the fashion industry. Store manager was great. For the most part my co-workers were great. The hardest part of the job was trying to get everything done with the budgeted hours. Most enjoyable part of the job was being on the floor working with customers.
Pros
great discount
Cons
budgeted hours
Work Review
Part time sales associate (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth Crossing, NS31 January 2013
A typical work day would include a 5 minute meeting to catch everyone up on what the promotions and sales were. We would then be put into zones, such as men's, women's, cash, and kids. Throughout the day we would assist customers on the sales floor in hopes of achieving our personal goals as well as the stores goals.
The management team wasn't the strongest team, the store manager was often distracted and unable to properly lead the team. The keyholders often had to pick up the slack of the manager and often they were not able to answer a lot of the questions asked by staff members.
Since there was barely a management team my co-workers were often slacking off and not paying attention to their work. That was the hardest part of the job.
Horrid Management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Nova Scotia4 July 2013
The management where I worked were keyholders on power-trips, a frazzled assistant and the one crazy manager who, in my opinion, is borderline psychotic. Unfortunately, this made this branch of Tommy unbearable to work in. This is an issue I have recently informed head office of as soon as I got out of there, and something other employees have had issue with.

However, I will say that the company as a whole does not give me this impression, just the one place I worked and my experiences with that particular management team and district manager.

A good paying job for someone who doesn't mind folding shirts and providing customer service; great discounts as well!
Pros
discount, always something to do, decent pay
Cons
no commission, management
Professional and friendly environment
Production Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC17 July 2012
Production follow up with suppliers in the us and the orient
Daily communication with customs brokers and transport co.

Learned the benefits of great organizational skills and people skills

Fair and guiding superiors, learned to work as a team

The lack of control of overseas production facilities

Working for a thriving and professional company
Pros
team building environment
Cons
Great coworkers, fun and no-pressure environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 July 2012
A typical day at work includes replenishing items in your section, greeting customers and helping them with great customer service, meeting hourly budgets and cleaning the store sections according to company policy.
I've learned a lot about organization, team work and people skills. My coworkers were always friendly and everyone got along with each other so much it felt like a second family.
The hardest part of the job would be trying to push those necessary sales when the story has been relatively "empty", making it difficult to produce sales with very few customers.
The most enjoyable part of the job is just being able to be around all of my coworkers who make the job seem less like a job, and more like a hobby.
Retail store
Co-op Placement (Former Employee) –  190 Great Lakes Dr, Brampton, ON L6R 2K76 August 2014
A typical day at work would be to organize merchandise, greet customers, and re stock. I've learned how to manage my time well and be flexible with the work. My co-workers weren't open to me and didn't really talk to me. The hardest part of the job was dealing witht the customers, but I got through it. Most enjoyable was re-organizing and helping the customers.
Pros
Communicating with customers
Cons
co-workers were distant
Fun Work Place
Sales Associate (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 October 2013
I've learnt alot in the past couple months about what its like being a sales associate , what things you would need to know and how everything works. Its always fun working with the people that are outgoing and friendly, there amazing co-workers. Everyday i've worked here at tommy Hilfiger i've always learned something new from everyone that i've worked with and even the customers.
Cons
not enough hours.
Organized, Team efforts contributing to an overall great environment
Casual, merchandiser (Former Employee) –  White Rock, BC26 October 2014
Everyone was positive and happy, working hard and staying focused. Being my first retail job it was very interesting, it taught me how to behave in the environment and helped me make many friends. Although trying to balance school and work was a bit of a task, I managed to maintain a healthy balance, overall it was a great experience.
N/A
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 July 2014
• Provided excellent customer service by discovering customer needs and appropriately suggesting products to enhance services and meet sales goals
• Contributed to the success of the branch by assisting the store manager in executing store operations during scheduled shifts
• Developed positive relationships with team by understanding and addressing individual motivation, needs and concerns resulting in increased productivity
• Followed cash management and cash register policies to ensure proper cash management practices are followed by shift team
• Recognized and reinforced individual and team accomplishments by using existing organizational tools and collaborating with store manager to find new, creative and effective methods of recognition
Good
fast-paced environment, attention to detail, problem solving
sales associate (Current Employee) –  vuaghan15 July 2014
greeting customers, organizing the products, helping customers with their requests.
every customer has its own needs and should be handled different.
Managers are professional, enthusiastic and cheerful.
co-workers are fun people to work with
cleaning after the customers.
when the customer acknowledge you and let you know how greatful they are.
Typical seasonal Part-Time job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, Ontario13 July 2012
This store is located at an extreamly busy location (Vaughn Mills). The managers were always on top of our work habbits and ethics. I felt pressured with certain managers which stopped me from being the best I can be.
My co-workers felt the exact same way which brought us closer together. The most enjoyable part of my job was helping out customers and making their shopping spree easier.
Fast-paced environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC12 August 2015
Decent company to get a work portfolio started. You quickly learn how customers are to be dealt with, and develop a unique style of your own customer service. Friendly atmosphere, very dedicated to motivating employees to meeting sales quotas.
Pros
Friendly workplace
fun workplace, friendly environment, great team
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON18 March 2014
• Maximize sales volume.
• Maintain visual presentation standards that are consistent with division philosophy and direction.
• Demonstrate effective written and verbal communication skills.
• Assist in recruiting, training and developing Sales Associates.
• Develop proficiency in all operational policies and procedures.
• Manage time and prioritize tasks.
Overall unenjoyable
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  toronto ontario8 November 2014
If I was helping open the store, all of the employees would be briefed on what needed to be done, and all of the sales and promotions going on. Employees were usually stuck cleaning the store if not helping individuals. Managers usually pestered employees to stick with customers at all times, which created a very pressured environment for both the shoppers and employees. Most managers were very rude to customers, asking them to leave the store or got easily frustrated with employees. The hardest part of the job was choosing whether to do my job according to the comfortability of the customers or do my job according to management. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work in a fast-paced environment with very open and friendly coworkers.
Pros
environment, coworkers
Cons
management
An Excellent Experience
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vaughan Mills5 September 2013
In 2009 i started working for Tommy Hilfiger, it was my second job as a student. A typical day at work would be getting directives from managers at the beginning of the shift for daily goals and how to achieve them. I learned alot from my time at Tommy Hilfiger, one example would be my speaking and communicating skills which were weak when i first started. The management was excellent because they were a great help from floor supervisor to store manager, each of them helped me grow up as a person and more importantly help my communication skills. Hardest part of the job was controlling myself from too much time spent with one customer. The most enjoyable part of the job was to having the luxury of having an excellent team to work with and meeting new people over time.
It was a very fair and fun work place.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 December 2013
I am a people person and I do normally get along with others, but sometimes in retail you will get some customers who aren't very friendly or fair.
Working for Tommy Hilfiger actually made it all worth it. I really enjoyed my fellow co-workers and bosses. they were always fair. they expected you to do your best, but in return they would treat you extremely well.
What to expect at work
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Mississauga,ON29 July 2014
A typical day at Tommy Hilfigar can be busy from the time that you walk in through the doors. Time management is very important because you have to learn how to complete various tasks within a small time period. This could be the hardest part of your job. But, Everything is possible and if you have a great supportive Team Lead, you will do amazing at what you do.
Pros
Amazing Team
Cons
Long Hours
Good place to work at
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 November 2015
It was a good place to work at part-time. The managers were all good. We had to take our breaks so it was nice to have a 15 minute break in the back to eat and get off our feet for a little.
Fast Paced
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON26 May 2014
I very much enjoyed working here, the co workers were great and many became my best friends. The outdoors work was very enjoyable though there were times that the job was very trying as sometimes things don't necessarily go as planned. However I would very much recommend this job for anyone that enjoys physical work and being outdoors and on the water
Worst job I ever had
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON17 May 2014
Didn't provide us with many hours. They were extremely unorganized. I got hired and did not get any hours for about almost 2 weeks. When I finally did get hours, they did not provide us with any training and brought us right onto the floor. They basically tell us to harass customers and "teach them how to shop" which I did not agree with. There will be times that you'll be in charge of more than one department, and the store being very large it is extremely difficult to take control of 2 whole departments, help customers, clean and make sure that no one is stealing any of the merchandise. They care more about employees shoving down products down a customers throat to the point where I actually feel like I'm annoying them.

Overall, worse job experience I've ever had. I quit in 3 months.
Pros
Discount on clothing
Cons
Not enough hours, annoying staff, unorganized

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tommy Hilfiger. Our community is ready to answer.