Tommy Hilfiger Employee Reviews

fast-paced environment, attention to detail, problem solving
sales associate (Current Employee) –  vuaghan15 July 2014
greeting customers, organizing the products, helping customers with their requests.
every customer has its own needs and should be handled different.
Managers are professional, enthusiastic and cheerful.
co-workers are fun people to work with
cleaning after the customers.
when the customer acknowledge you and let you know how greatful they are.
Typical seasonal Part-Time job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, Ontario13 July 2012
This store is located at an extreamly busy location (Vaughn Mills). The managers were always on top of our work habbits and ethics. I felt pressured with certain managers which stopped me from being the best I can be.
My co-workers felt the exact same way which brought us closer together. The most enjoyable part of my job was helping out customers and making their shopping spree easier.
fun workplace, friendly environment, great team
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON18 March 2014
• Maximize sales volume.
• Maintain visual presentation standards that are consistent with division philosophy and direction.
• Demonstrate effective written and verbal communication skills.
• Assist in recruiting, training and developing Sales Associates.
• Develop proficiency in all operational policies and procedures.
• Manage time and prioritize tasks.
An Excellent Experience
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vaughan Mills5 September 2013
In 2009 i started working for Tommy Hilfiger, it was my second job as a student. A typical day at work would be getting directives from managers at the beginning of the shift for daily goals and how to achieve them. I learned alot from my time at Tommy Hilfiger, one example would be my speaking and communicating skills which were weak when i first started. The management was excellent because they were a great help from floor supervisor to store manager, each of them helped me grow up as a person and more importantly help my communication skills. Hardest part of the job was controlling myself from too much time spent with one customer. The most enjoyable part of the job was to having the luxury of having an excellent team to work with and meeting new people over time.
What to expect at work
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Mississauga,ON29 July 2014
A typical day at Tommy Hilfigar can be busy from the time that you walk in through the doors. Time management is very important because you have to learn how to complete various tasks within a small time period. This could be the hardest part of your job. But, Everything is possible and if you have a great supportive Team Lead, you will do amazing at what you do.
Pros
Amazing Team
Cons
Long Hours
Very busy
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Brossard, QC1 November 2015
Nice people, lot's to learn, lot's of work but worth with thanks to the amazing team. Sometimes we would have short shifts but to much to do.
Pros
Nice team
Cons
Long hours and to much to do
It was a very fair and fun work place.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 December 2013
I am a people person and I do normally get along with others, but sometimes in retail you will get some customers who aren't very friendly or fair.
Working for Tommy Hilfiger actually made it all worth it. I really enjoyed my fellow co-workers and bosses. they were always fair. they expected you to do your best, but in return they would treat you extremely well.
stock
Customer Service, Stock Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kingston, Ont5 August 2015
Unfortunately during my duration at Tommy Hilfiger I was only doing stock, the management was okay and rather bland at times, but the most enjoyable part of the job was creating a welcoming environment for people to walk into.
Cons
long, early hours.
Educational and very fun
Sales Associate, Greeting, Stock, and Fitting Room (Current Employee) –  Maple, ON4 October 2015
Very fast paced, and competitive, the coworkers are funny and the overall experience is capable of preparing you for a lot of different job opportunities.
Decent place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan10 April 2015
The co-workers are the best thing about TH Vaughan mills. However, the management team is not coordinated and usually don't appreciate the effort that some associates put into the job. It is a very fast-paced store and mall so you will need to perfect your multi-tasking skills if you haven't so already.
Fast Paced
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON26 May 2014
I very much enjoyed working here, the co workers were great and many became my best friends. The outdoors work was very enjoyable though there were times that the job was very trying as sometimes things don't necessarily go as planned. However I would very much recommend this job for anyone that enjoys physical work and being outdoors and on the water
Worst job I ever had
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON17 May 2014
Didn't provide us with many hours. They were extremely unorganized. I got hired and did not get any hours for about almost 2 weeks. When I finally did get hours, they did not provide us with any training and brought us right onto the floor. They basically tell us to harass customers and "teach them how to shop" which I did not agree with. There will be times that you'll be in charge of more than one department, and the store being very large it is extremely difficult to take control of 2 whole departments, help customers, clean and make sure that no one is stealing any of the merchandise. They care more about employees shoving down products down a customers throat to the point where I actually feel like I'm annoying them.

Overall, worse job experience I've ever had. I quit in 3 months.
Pros
Discount on clothing
Cons
Not enough hours, annoying staff, unorganized
went out for work events and food
Sales Associate (Cashier) (Former Employee) –  calgary ab11 February 2015
It was fun i met all kinds of people nice to mean and i saw how some people act and taught me a lot how to treat people and the environment around you. the people were very nice and it was a good time working there.
Pros
free lunches and event
Cons
9 hour days including hour break
Be Carefull
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  South Surrey6 March 2015
Dishonest and demeaning, that is how I would describe working for this organization at the South Surrey location. My advice is to keep your head up while working for this company at this location.
Pros
Clothing discount.
Cons
Employees are nothing more than a commodity, and are treated as such
good first retial job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON2 February 2015
great first retail job, management wasnt too bad; the manger at the time wasnt the best but everyone else was great. it was a great learning experience. co-worker were also really good. the hardest part was dealing with costumers that were really rude to you.
Pros
good people
Cons
weird hours
productive and fun work place, busy at all times
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 February 2013
Having been there for 3 years, I became seniority. The pay was great at that point, the job became easier and more manageable. It was always busy because it was an outlet store, keeping you on your toes at all times.
Pros
great team, christmas parties, flexible scheduling
Sales associate
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Burnaby/Vancouver, BC4 September 2012
Working here is a great job while you are in highschool or your first years of college. The hours are flexible, there is little responsibility, little stress, and you learn a lot about how the world works through your interaction with customers as well as staff.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
low wages
The Hardest Part of the Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON14 January 2013
The hardest part of the job was proving and showing everyone that I am capable to do more than sales. I would come in early to work, even clock in before my actual time, to help out and go out of my way to ask management and staff if they need help doing tasks.
Productive, positve and energetic work environment
Cashier & Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 May 2012
Responsibilities included: purchasing transactions using Tommy system, advising customers regarding sales, items, and purchases, replenishing stock on the floor, and providing excellent inventory control.
i did not enjoy working there because they did not provide enough hours to sustain my employ
casual laborer (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC19 May 2014
it was a casual job with intensive labor. I did not like it there because there were no enough hours of work per week. If I were lucky, I worked two days a week.
Pros
no free lunch
Cons
left work on time