Tommy Hilfiger Employee Reviews in Canada

Alot of work and organzing
Sales associate/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ONApril 7, 2014
I have worked at Tommy Hilfger for a year, I really enjoyed working with my co-workers, I had developed a friendship with each one over the year. I have moved up positions from the floor to the back stock. My typical work day would be come in sign in with the manger ask what shipping we got, what work needs to be done and which product needs to come out, after that work on whatever the manger said and try to get done as much as possible. The mangement wasnt well organized but with my co-workers, we were able to work as a team and helped resolve anyproblems we had to face. That was both the hardest part and the most enjoyable for me. It was hard because we had to figure out ways to fix problems, for example if we got 8 hugs bins of product and everything was full both in the back and on the floor we as a team had to figure out what iteams we need to keep and which ones we need to ship back out. At the same time this was enjoyable for me because when we do figure it out it feels good knowing we all worked on it together and got the job done. Over all iv learned that you can be succesful in both working individually and in a team.
Pros
good co-workers
Cons
hard work
Good customer service experience, but poor scheduling.
Sales Associate/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ONMarch 31, 2014
A good place to work with managers that are nice and caring, but the scheduling system is broken and unfair. They over hire excessively, thus the average amount of hours workers are scheduled is usually about 15/week unless you've been working there for several years.

The work isn't particularly difficult, you get to talk to people and socialize with customers. Sales are heavily encouraged and tracked, but there is NO commission on them, unlike most of the other stores in that mall. Instead, management gives employees a hefty in-store discount, but unless you really like the clothes there, sales commission would be much more beneficial.

The managers are fairly nice and understanding, but they don't always accommodate schedules well, and as mentioned above, don't give very many hours. Thus, this job is not good enough as your sole source of employment, and scheduling around a second job will be difficult. I would recommend looking at other stores in the same mall.
Pros
excellent in-store discount.
Cons
early openings and late closes. low amount of hours.
Great benefits, salary and job advancement, but terrible hours,scheduling and management.
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ONMarch 25, 2014
Working at Tommy Hilfiger had its ups and downs. The salary and benefits (such as the 50% discount on most clothing) were great. Also, job advancement was good as you could start from the bottom and reach the higher ranks in a few months of hard work. Everything goes well until management pops up. Usually they tell you that you're doing something wrong even though it is close to perfect, but perfection is their standard. The hours were terrible as a full time student because they went so far into the night even though i did not put it as available on my schedule. Furthermore, they sometimes assigned hours to people on days that they cannot complete indefinitely but do not care about their lives outside of work. The workload that your leads would give you was also a problem, especially when they expect a whole table to be cleaned to perfection in 15 minutes. The best thing about Tommy were my co-workers, they were great people to work with. The worst part was definitely the scheduling and management.
Pros
employee discounts, locker room, good salary
Cons
terrible hours, management and work environment
fun workplace, friendly environment, great team
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Milton, ONMarch 18, 2014
• Maximize sales volume.
• Maintain visual presentation standards that are consistent with division philosophy and direction.
• Demonstrate effective written and verbal communication skills.
• Assist in recruiting, training and developing Sales Associates.
• Develop proficiency in all operational policies and procedures.
• Manage time and prioritize tasks.
nothing really
packaging (Former Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QCFebruary 28, 2014
I would go in the morning at 8:30 am to 4:30 pm as soon as a go we start working our supervisor tells us what to do how much trucks are coming how much boxes were going to unload .some days ship a certain amout. Time management , i became really quick with managing my time and making use of lunch time to gain my engry back. My coworker were great they treated me as a brother. Hardest part was when we had 4-5 trucks come in one day with each of 40-50 thousand boxes or more. The most enjoyable part of the job , is when we had bbq days with the company provide us good food.
Pros
bbq
Cons
8 hours
Productive and Fun Workplace
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJanuary 26, 2014
A typical day at Tommy Hilfiger is working the cash, folding the clothes, greeting and helping the customers, sweeping, vacuuming, etc. My co-workers are all very nice. They are outgoing and they go above and beyond to help customers as well. THey helped me a lot when i didn't know what i was doing when i started working there. The hardest part of my job is learning all the prices of the clothing by heart. We are the clearance store so we have to reduce 70% or 50% or 30% off the original price and sometimes it doesn't scan right on the computer. I enjoy helping the customers and making them smile. I also like doing things properly and even making my co-workers proud.
It was a fun job environment
Sales (Former Employee) –  LaSalle ONJanuary 21, 2014
I just casually strolled the store, helped out customers, folded and put away anything that was laying around and made the store look presentable
Pros
easy environment
Cons
monthly limits
good
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJanuary 21, 2014
I love working in retail! I would have liked more hours as I have responsibilities and bills. it was very fun and understanding as well as fairly flexible.
Pros
retail environment
Cons
not enough hours
ups and downs
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 21, 2014
my fellow co-workers were amazing and we all equally balanced the work together, minus the "boss"
Pros
my co-workers
Cons
the boss
It was a very fair and fun work place.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONDecember 15, 2013
I am a people person and I do normally get along with others, but sometimes in retail you will get some customers who aren't very friendly or fair.
Working for Tommy Hilfiger actually made it all worth it. I really enjoyed my fellow co-workers and bosses. they were always fair. they expected you to do your best, but in return they would treat you extremely well.
Fun Work Place
Sales Associate (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABOctober 12, 2013
I've learnt alot in the past couple months about what its like being a sales associate , what things you would need to know and how everything works. Its always fun working with the people that are outgoing and friendly, there amazing co-workers. Everyday i've worked here at tommy Hilfiger i've always learned something new from everyone that i've worked with and even the customers.
Cons
not enough hours.
An Excellent Experience
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vaughan MillsSeptember 5, 2013
In 2009 i started working for Tommy Hilfiger, it was my second job as a student. A typical day at work would be getting directives from managers at the beginning of the shift for daily goals and how to achieve them. I learned alot from my time at Tommy Hilfiger, one example would be my speaking and communicating skills which were weak when i first started. The management was excellent because they were a great help from floor supervisor to store manager, each of them helped me grow up as a person and more importantly help my communication skills. Hardest part of the job was controlling myself from too much time spent with one customer. The most enjoyable part of the job was to having the luxury of having an excellent team to work with and meeting new people over time.
Decent starting place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONSeptember 4, 2013
Unreal discount, good clothes. Most customers were well off and willing to splurge. You get treated poorly by most management.
Pros
discount
Cons
no advancement
Retails part time
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, OntarioAugust 20, 2013
This was a great experience. The group was fun to work with as we were all in the same age range. The hours were very flexible and the management team always took into considerations our school schedules and worked with us. They were able to help with hours during the summer months.

The hardest part of the job have been dealing with a very upset customer regarding return and refunds.
Pros
flexiablity working hours and close to home
Cons
pressured to meet sales targets
Sales Associate
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONAugust 19, 2013
• Achieving weekly and monthly sale goals
• Tending to customer satisfaction
• Maintaining store appearance
• Counting inventory
Nice and busy workplace with friendly coworkers
Cashier and sales (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCAugust 16, 2013
At Tommy Hilfiger, I learned different communication skills including how to approach a customer, how to gain his or her trust, and how to find the items that are most suitable for him or her. In addition, I learned how to be an accurate cashier and efficient stock person. The workplace is quiet busy, but since the management team is really good, our store can often exceed our sales goal. On the other hand, it is hard to clean up the store during the weekends, because there are a lot of products in the store and with the high traffic of customers, it is difficult to maintain the store clean and neat. However, there are many aspects of Tommy Hilfiger that I like, such as the friendly managers and coworkers who always tech me, support me, and collaborate with me. In conclusion, the working experience at Tommy Hilfiger is beneficial for me, and I will keep what I learned from there and develop more in my future career field.
Pros
employee discount
Cons
small rest area for a big number of employees
this place is a joke
Sales Associate/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJuly 11, 2013
the store manager is a joke, she thinks shes the queen and everyone are her peasants. shes sneaking and runs the store like a high school and plays people against each other. two faced and fake. do not trust her
Sales
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  NiagaraJuly 8, 2013
Good Management and Good Benefit!!
The whole team crew is like a big family.
Had lots of fun working with all of them
Horrid Management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Nova ScotiaJuly 4, 2013
The management where I worked were keyholders on power-trips, a frazzled assistant and the one crazy manager who, in my opinion, is borderline psychotic. Unfortunately, this made this branch of Tommy unbearable to work in. This is an issue I have recently informed head office of as soon as I got out of there, and something other employees have had issue with.

However, I will say that the company as a whole does not give me this impression, just the one place I worked and my experiences with that particular management team and district manager.

A good paying job for someone who doesn't mind folding shirts and providing customer service; great discounts as well!
Pros
discount, always something to do, decent pay
Cons
no commission, management
Well organized