Tommy Hilfiger

Tommy Hilfiger Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
The Hardest Part of the Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONJanuary 14, 2013
The hardest part of the job was proving and showing everyone that I am capable to do more than sales. I would come in early to work, even clock in before my actual time, to help out and go out of my way to ask management and staff if they need help doing tasks.
The Hardest Part of the Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONJanuary 14, 2013
Calm and Supportive Atmosphere Despite Bad Location
Customer Sales Rep (Former Employee), Nepean, ONNovember 3, 2012
Pros: terrific discounts on clothes, great staff
Cons: wages and hours weren't ideal; dealing with shoplifters
The day at work would consist of me coming in and being given a sales target for the day. I would approach and greet customers throughout the day and help others in their respective sections. On top of meeting my budget I had to keep the place clean at all times, which meant a lot of folding and visual merchandising (as well as training on how to do – more... it).

I learned that making a budget was not only important for me but for the store as well. During a winter storm, the store closed down, and budgets weren't met, which looked poorly on our net sales for the month.

The management was very assertive and supportive. They always encouraged us to do better.

My co-workers were all easy to get along with, ranging from 15 to 50 years of age.

The hardest part was trying to make a budget when the place was overstaffed. That, and making sure no one was stealing at all times. People found clever and innovative ways to steal from the store, which did not look good for us and spiked our shrink rate.

The most enjoyable part was making customers happy with sales, getting compliments, and getting to know some of the staff. – less
Productive and enjoyable workplace
Sales - Cashier/Retail Consultant (Current Employee), Toronto, OntarioOctober 3, 2012
Pros: free snacks, staff/holiday parties, great customer experience
Cons: long hours, cleaning up after kids/messy customers
A typical day at Tommy Hilfiger is very enjoyable. When i go in to work, I am surrounded with beautiful co-workers and managers, gorgeous clothing and tons of customers.
I've learned that my time spent on the floor of a retail store will give countless hours of access to sensitivity, anger management, and customer service training while, also, developing – more... your social skills, working with a team, and developing your confidence.
The hardest part of the job is working during the holiday season. The store can get very hectic with customers everywhere! There are pieces of clothing everywhere which makes the clean up process tedious.
The most enjoyable part of the job is working with people from a diverse range of backgrounds, which is an asset. Many big graduate employers are multinational and want to recruit candidates who are capable of building rapport with colleagues or customers from all around the world. – less
ok place to work
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee), Kelowna, BCSeptember 28, 2012
got along with staff , not a busy enough store . store went through a fair amount of staff and managment changes in short time frame.
Sales associate
CASHIER (Former Employee), Burnaby/Vancouver, BCSeptember 4, 2012
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: low wages
Working here is a great job while you are in highschool or your first years of college. The hours are flexible, there is little responsibility, little stress, and you learn a lot about how the world works through your interaction with customers as well as staff.
Great structure
Key Holder (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 27, 2012
Lots of staff in many positions, no one is overwhelmed with a lot of work, low pay because of needing so much staffing, great discount
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 17, 2012
Pros: great team building activities
Cons: long hours
I worked with a lovely team. There's always something new to learn. The product quality is good. Room for growth is good.
Typical seasonal Part-Time job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Woodbridge, OntarioJuly 13, 2012
This store is located at an extreamly busy location (Vaughn Mills). The managers were always on top of our work habbits and ethics. I felt pressured with certain managers which stopped me from being the best I can be.
My co-workers felt the exact same way which brought us closer together. The most enjoyable part of my job was helping out customers and – more... making their shopping spree easier. – less
Great coworkers, fun and no-pressure environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJuly 12, 2012
A typical day at work includes replenishing items in your section, greeting customers and helping them with great customer service, meeting hourly budgets and cleaning the store sections according to company policy.
I've learned a lot about organization, team work and people skills. My coworkers were always friendly and everyone got along with each – more... other so much it felt like a second family.
The hardest part of the job would be trying to push those necessary sales when the story has been relatively "empty", making it difficult to produce sales with very few customers.
The most enjoyable part of the job is just being able to be around all of my coworkers who make the job seem less like a job, and more like a hobby. – less
energetic and fun work place.
Key Holder / sales associate (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 10, 2012
A typical day at Tommy Hilfiger would be assist customers with finding suitable items that work for their needs. Also managing all staff members and making sure everything is efficient. Things I have learned working in retail would be; the purpose of great customer service, managing and operating a company on my own. I have a fun and energized staff – more... that is very well orientated and precise. The hardest part of my job is balancing between being a manager and being fair with my co-workers. All together working with my team is very enjoyable. – less
Productive, positve and energetic work environment
Cashier & Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 7, 2012
Responsibilities included: purchasing transactions using Tommy system, advising customers regarding sales, items, and purchases, replenishing stock on the floor, and providing excellent inventory control.
Very interactive with foreigners
Sales Associate (Former Employee), City of Sunrise, FLOctober 21, 2014
This job was extremely interactive. Being that it is one of the largest malls, manny foreigners from South America, as well as Europe, we're in the store everyday. The daily goal was made most days. Unfortunately, management was very unorganized and there was never a solid job a person was placed in every day. I wouldn't suggest this job to anyone.
good company- lots of perks- lots of room for advancment
Technical Vice-President (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 21, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: hard to get to the office- they have a shuttle bus but it comes at very set times
Good company to work for has a lot of pluses and room to move between divisions
It was an amazing place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Homestead, FLOctober 20, 2014
Everything about it was great.
Management was amazing.
Everyone worked together as a team should.
A store with Multi National clientele. High number SKUs in and out of the store.Adhering to the SOPs , Man Management & achieving the set goals.
Senior Store Manager (Current Employee), Dubai, DUOctober 17, 2014
Amazing brand, fashion with a twist which represents American Style & Soul.

Exiting mix of Nationalities as co-workers.

Everyday a learning process in terms of Man Management.

Customers from all corners of the world come in the store on daily basis hence the approach & the way to provide them Excellent Customer Service has to be improvised constantly.
Great people and culture
Associate Manager (Current Employee), Ellenton, FLOctober 16, 2014
Pros: great training and development
Cons: always on call never getting days off
Love the people that I work with. The team is great love the charity that the company and stores are involved in. Great training we learn everything. The hardest part of the job has to be always being on call all the time. on my days off I have to call in or text the area manger.
It was a fun but safe place to work at
Sales Associate/ rep (Former Employee), Carlsbad, CAOctober 13, 2014
It was a joy to work there because we was all one team. The co workers always helped one another out no matter what we had to do.
Productive job with fun and great energy from all employees including managers.
Sales Associate & Cashier (Current Employee), 681 between 53rd and 54th streetOctober 8, 2014
Pros: great discount.professional employees/managers. positive attitude.
Cons: part time hours for most employees
Though working at Tommy Hilfiger was a part time, I enjoyed working with a great team who was professional and hard working.
Ive learned how to help with more than transactions. I also learned how to help the visual team. My fellow co workers helped eachother out with sales and keeping the store presentable.
The hardest part of the job was keeping up – more... with the customers during holiday season. Holiday season gets really busy and it is difficult to give each customer your attention but I tried my best to help those who i had to opportunity to assist.
Management taught me how to do something with nothing meaning they always figured out ways to help eachother when things fell apart. For example our registers went down one day and we had to use just one register that had been working. The customers and the staff saw how much sense of urgency the managers had and that impressed me. We all contributed to help with the issue by wrapping up and de-sensoring all purchases so that the line can move faster. – less
great place to work
Associate (Former Employee), Orlando, FLOctober 3, 2014
Pros: short lunches
Cons: short break
 Ensured that each customer receives outstanding service by providing a friendly environment, which includes greeting and acknowledging every customer, maintaining outstanding standards, solid product knowledge and all aspects of customer service.
 Balance all cash registers at the end of the night.
 Handled complaints and returns.
 Answered phones – more... and transferred calls accordingly.
 Trained new employees. – less

About Tommy Hilfiger

PVH has the buttoned-down look all sewn up. A top apparel firm worldwide and key US dress-shirt maker, PVH sells clothes, accessories, and – Read more

Tommy Hilfiger Photos