Tommy Hilfiger

Tommy Hilfiger Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
The Hardest Part of the Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONJanuary 14, 2013
The hardest part of the job was proving and showing everyone that I am capable to do more than sales. I would come in early to work, even clock in before my actual time, to help out and go out of my way to ask management and staff if they need help doing tasks.
Calm and Supportive Atmosphere Despite Bad Location
Customer Sales Rep (Former Employee), Nepean, ONNovember 3, 2012
Pros: terrific discounts on clothes, great staff
Cons: wages and hours weren't ideal; dealing with shoplifters
The day at work would consist of me coming in and being given a sales target for the day. I would approach and greet customers throughout the day and help others in their respective sections. On top of meeting my budget I had to keep the place clean at all times, which meant a lot of folding and visual merchandising (as well as training on how to do – more... it).

I learned that making a budget was not only important for me but for the store as well. During a winter storm, the store closed down, and budgets weren't met, which looked poorly on our net sales for the month.

The management was very assertive and supportive. They always encouraged us to do better.

My co-workers were all easy to get along with, ranging from 15 to 50 years of age.

The hardest part was trying to make a budget when the place was overstaffed. That, and making sure no one was stealing at all times. People found clever and innovative ways to steal from the store, which did not look good for us and spiked our shrink rate.

The most enjoyable part was making customers happy with sales, getting compliments, and getting to know some of the staff. – less
Productive and enjoyable workplace
Sales - Cashier/Retail Consultant (Current Employee), Toronto, OntarioOctober 3, 2012
Pros: free snacks, staff/holiday parties, great customer experience
Cons: long hours, cleaning up after kids/messy customers
A typical day at Tommy Hilfiger is very enjoyable. When i go in to work, I am surrounded with beautiful co-workers and managers, gorgeous clothing and tons of customers.
I've learned that my time spent on the floor of a retail store will give countless hours of access to sensitivity, anger management, and customer service training while, also, developing – more... your social skills, working with a team, and developing your confidence.
The hardest part of the job is working during the holiday season. The store can get very hectic with customers everywhere! There are pieces of clothing everywhere which makes the clean up process tedious.
The most enjoyable part of the job is working with people from a diverse range of backgrounds, which is an asset. Many big graduate employers are multinational and want to recruit candidates who are capable of building rapport with colleagues or customers from all around the world. – less
ok place to work
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee), Kelowna, BCSeptember 28, 2012
got along with staff , not a busy enough store . store went through a fair amount of staff and managment changes in short time frame.
Sales associate
CASHIER (Former Employee), Burnaby/Vancouver, BCSeptember 4, 2012
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: low wages
Working here is a great job while you are in highschool or your first years of college. The hours are flexible, there is little responsibility, little stress, and you learn a lot about how the world works through your interaction with customers as well as staff.
Great structure
Key Holder (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 27, 2012
Lots of staff in many positions, no one is overwhelmed with a lot of work, low pay because of needing so much staffing, great discount
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 17, 2012
Pros: great team building activities
Cons: long hours
I worked with a lovely team. There's always something new to learn. The product quality is good. Room for growth is good.
Typical seasonal Part-Time job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Woodbridge, OntarioJuly 13, 2012
This store is located at an extreamly busy location (Vaughn Mills). The managers were always on top of our work habbits and ethics. I felt pressured with certain managers which stopped me from being the best I can be.
My co-workers felt the exact same way which brought us closer together. The most enjoyable part of my job was helping out customers and – more... making their shopping spree easier. – less
Great coworkers, fun and no-pressure environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJuly 12, 2012
A typical day at work includes replenishing items in your section, greeting customers and helping them with great customer service, meeting hourly budgets and cleaning the store sections according to company policy.
I've learned a lot about organization, team work and people skills. My coworkers were always friendly and everyone got along with each – more... other so much it felt like a second family.
The hardest part of the job would be trying to push those necessary sales when the story has been relatively "empty", making it difficult to produce sales with very few customers.
The most enjoyable part of the job is just being able to be around all of my coworkers who make the job seem less like a job, and more like a hobby. – less
energetic and fun work place.
Key Holder / sales associate (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 10, 2012
A typical day at Tommy Hilfiger would be assist customers with finding suitable items that work for their needs. Also managing all staff members and making sure everything is efficient. Things I have learned working in retail would be; the purpose of great customer service, managing and operating a company on my own. I have a fun and energized staff – more... that is very well orientated and precise. The hardest part of my job is balancing between being a manager and being fair with my co-workers. All together working with my team is very enjoyable. – less
Productive, positve and energetic work environment
Cashier & Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 7, 2012
Responsibilities included: purchasing transactions using Tommy system, advising customers regarding sales, items, and purchases, replenishing stock on the floor, and providing excellent inventory control.
Très belle expériences
Gérante (Former Employee), Québec City, QCAugust 15, 2014
Cet emploi m'a permis d'acquérir, de parfaire et de développer mes aptitudes, autant au niveau de la gestion des employés, des ventes, du rendement et du service à la clientèle.
Très belle expériences
Environnement de travail agréable.
représentante à la ventes (Former Employee), Québec, QCFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: bon équipe
Travailler dans l'entreprise comme Tommy Hilfiger me fait grand plaisir.Nous avons une équipe forte et amicale.
bon environnement travail
Commis services (Former Employee), montrealSeptember 16, 2013
Pros: pouvoir suivre la maude
Cons: travaille tros loin de la maison
je trouve que c' etais un bon environnement de travail.L équipe était vraiment sympatique et proche l' un en vers l autre.
Prendre de l'expérience
Gestionnaire (Current Employee), Pointe-Claire, QCAugust 8, 2012
Pros: environnement de travail agréable
Cons: gestion du bureau chef
Cet emploi me permet de prendre de l'expérience dans plusieurs domaines autant au niveau de la gestion des employés et des ventes, qu'au niveau du visuel. J'ai vue aussi l'entreprise s'adapter au marcher qui évolue constamment.

About Tommy Hilfiger

PVH has the buttoned-down look all sewn up. A top apparel firm worldwide and key US dress-shirt maker, PVH sells clothes, accessories, and – Read more

Tommy Hilfiger Photos