Tommy Hilfiger Employee Reviews in Canada

Be Carefull
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  South SurreyMarch 6, 2015
Dishonest and demeaning, that is how I would describe working for this organization at the South Surrey location. My advice is to keep your head up while working for this company at this location.
Pros
Clothing discount.
Cons
Employees are nothing more than a commodity, and are treated as such
went out for work events and food
Sales Associate (Cashier) (Former Employee) –  calgary abFebruary 11, 2015
It was fun i met all kinds of people nice to mean and i saw how some people act and taught me a lot how to treat people and the environment around you. the people were very nice and it was a good time working there.
Pros
free lunches and event
Cons
9 hour days including hour break
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 6, 2015
Typical day at work would include:
Walking on the sales floor, folding clothes, walking up to customers and asking them if they need any help, telling them about our sales that are going on
I learned more about customer service and attending to their needs
I enjoyed interacting with our customers and learning about the different terms in the store.
Pros
company discount
Cons
short hours
good first retial job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ONFebruary 2, 2015
great first retail job, management wasnt too bad; the manger at the time wasnt the best but everyone else was great. it was a great learning experience. co-worker were also really good. the hardest part was dealing with costumers that were really rude to you.
Pros
good people
Cons
weird hours
Efforts and Involvement indeed gets Recognized
Sales Generation Manager (SGM) (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 1, 2015
Typical day:A particular day of the week will decide how much calories you will burn for the same.

What to Learn: It will serve you with best punctuality and time management skills.

Co-workers: Keep your head down and let your work speak for itself.

Toughest thing: To sell merchandise to an uninterested customer.

Enjoyable part: Having fun with the whole team during lunch breaks, overnight inventory check, and working with friends behind the floor.
Pros
potluck, working in the back with your own music
Cons
zombie rush during special days.
It's is an okay J.O.B
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, Ontario (Train yards establishment)January 30, 2015
The job it's self is fine. The work can be tedious, but co-workers are very friendly and personable. Often at times the managers are changed, and its not always a good thing, They don't often work as much as they should. The best part of the job is helping happy customers.
Pros
60% discount on top of customer discount on all clothes and accessories.
Cons
very low work hours in the winter time. (estimated 10 hours per month)
Great Company Amazing Co-Workers
Assistant Manager /Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABSeptember 29, 2014
One of the best company I worked for. Management always available. Best team I ever had, it was like a family. Best part about my work was that I was always busy, always got something to do.
Fast environment, love management.
Manager/Floor Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BCSeptember 14, 2014
Work at Tommy Hilfiger was really fun, I learn a lot, I have to move really fast to merchandise in a normal day around 20 to 40 boxes, process them, organize them, take them to the floor.
Have a completely knowledge of the Operational System for the store purposes, is great it was anything that I wasn't able to do. Opening or Closing any day, manage our staff and the time to achieve our daily goal.
One of the hardest part of this job was being a sales associate, a cashier, a floor supervisor and a Manager... leading by sample every time, motivating all the staff and coaching them, showing that there is anything that somebody can do if we propose to do something, in the same time all the stress that this can generate I always move on with a positive attitude so that's what I feel that my co-workers learn the most... is easy to accomplish the store goals, not every day is going to be a great day but they will always be more days to make it better.
Pros
great employee descount
Great Environment
Great management
Merchandise
n/a
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BCSeptember 5, 2014
Co-worker and employer are friendly, and management is pretty good.
Pros
40-50% off
Cons
n/a
Retail store
Co-op Placement (Former Employee) –  190 Great Lakes Dr, Brampton, ON L6R 2K7August 6, 2014
A typical day at work would be to organize merchandise, greet customers, and re stock. I've learned how to manage my time well and be flexible with the work. My co-workers weren't open to me and didn't really talk to me. The hardest part of the job was dealing witht the customers, but I got through it. Most enjoyable was re-organizing and helping the customers.
Pros
communicating with customers
Cons
co-workers were distant
What to expect at work
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Mississauga,ONJuly 29, 2014
A typical day at Tommy Hilfigar can be busy from the time that you walk in through the doors. Time management is very important because you have to learn how to complete various tasks within a small time period. This could be the hardest part of your job. But, Everything is possible and if you have a great supportive Team Lead, you will do amazing at what you do.
Pros
amazing team
N/A
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 22, 2014
• Provided excellent customer service by discovering customer needs and appropriately suggesting products to enhance services and meet sales goals
• Contributed to the success of the branch by assisting the store manager in executing store operations during scheduled shifts
• Developed positive relationships with team by understanding and addressing individual motivation, needs and concerns resulting in increased productivity
• Followed cash management and cash register policies to ensure proper cash management practices are followed by shift team
• Recognized and reinforced individual and team accomplishments by using existing organizational tools and collaborating with store manager to find new, creative and effective methods of recognition
good
fast-paced environment, attention to detail, problem solving
sales associate (Current Employee) –  vuaghanJuly 15, 2014
greeting customers, organizing the products, helping customers with their requests.
every customer has its own needs and should be handled different.
Managers are professional, enthusiastic and cheerful.
co-workers are fun people to work with
cleaning after the customers.
when the customer acknowledge you and let you know how greatful they are.
Nothing Amazing
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ONJuly 10, 2014
-help customers with anything they need and clean up
-how to speak to customers, how to fold clothes efficiently
-terrible, played favorites
co-workers were amazing. very nice. management sucked
-cleaning up
-the people
Pros
discount
Cons
terrible management
pretty occupied work life especially during the Christmas season!
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  New westminsterJune 6, 2014
good place to work, with few discount employee benefits, cooperative co-workers. fast paced work place.
Fast Paced
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ONMay 26, 2014
I very much enjoyed working here, the co workers were great and many became my best friends. The outdoors work was very enjoyable though there were times that the job was very trying as sometimes things don't necessarily go as planned. However I would very much recommend this job for anyone that enjoys physical work and being outdoors and on the water
i did not enjoy working there because they did not provide enough hours to sustain my employ
casual laborer (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCMay 19, 2014
it was a casual job with intensive labor. I did not like it there because there were no enough hours of work per week. If I were lucky, I worked two days a week.
Pros
no free lunch
Cons
left work on time
Worst job I ever had
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONMay 17, 2014
Didn't provide us with many hours. They were extremely unorganized. I got hired and did not get any hours for about almost 2 weeks. When I finally did get hours, they did not provide us with any training and brought us right onto the floor. They basically tell us to harass customers and "teach them how to shop" which I did not agree with. There will be times that you'll be in charge of more than one department, and the store being very large it is extremely difficult to take control of 2 whole departments, help customers, clean and make sure that no one is stealing any of the merchandise. They care more about employees shoving down products down a customers throat to the point where I actually feel like I'm annoying them.

Overall, worse job experience I've ever had. I quit in 3 months.
Pros
discount on clothing
Cons
not enough hours, annoying staff, unorganized
Giving Service
Représentante des ventes/Caissière (Current Employee) –  Laval, QCApril 12, 2014
Service to customers is number one key to any kind of job. As any typical day at my work, I enjoy helping clients by answering to all their questions and keeping them satisfied; also by helping them find what they are looking for. A happy customer will always come back. In addition, I enjoy working with my co-workers, they create a nice comfortable environment to work; we always help each other when in need of something.
Pros
we get recognized for out hard work