Tommy Hilfiger Employee Reviews

Fun work enviroment, good empoyees and steady work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 June 2015
Typical Day:
- Greeting customers, locating products
- Price-checking items
- Organizing store shelves and displays
- Answer customer questions about policies, services, and products. - Returning clothes and other items proper locations
- Inventory work and security tagging expensive merchandise
- Maintaining proper stacking and locations in the stock room
Pros
Good management staff, and friendly customers
Cons
Busy during holidays and weekends and a lot of clean up
very good
Sales Associate (Kids Department) (Current Employee) –  Vuaghan Mills2 June 2015
I enjoy working there. I have made a lot of new friends and have learned a lot of new things. I recommend working here. The hardest part is maintenance on the floor especially on very busy days
Job is nothing special
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver31 May 2015
typical retail environment with not much room for improvement and has no future to grow in due to the lack of pay and job availablitiy
Fun work place with great employees
Retail (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 May 2015
My job was really fun i loved working at Tommy. I started off as a stock boy then they moved me to store front because they loved the way i handled my customers. The job was really simple, you start work you get whats called a take 5, which is your task, daily goals and sales for that day. Then after that you get to work on helping costumers and cleaning the area you've been positioned.
Tommy taught me how to become a smart shopper. Thanks to my experience at Tommy i never see a retail store the same way again, i notice every little thing.
The Tommy team was Great all my mangers loved me. The main manger considered me his son
The hardest part of the job was making your goal. When you get your take 5 they tell you how much your supposed to make that shift and you should always come near it, but Tommy didn't always have a lot of customer traffic so it wasn't always easy making your daily goal.
The best part of the job was the employee discount 65% off.
Pros
My store was in a mall so there was a variety of food to choose from
Cons
My store was in a mall therefore your always tempted to spend your money
Sales Associate
Was able to lead section (Current Employee) –  Vaughan Mills Mall12 May 2015
Fast-paced job on the weekends. Learned to manage customer service with maintaining my department. Co-workers and managers are very friendly, approachable and fun to work with.
Productive workplace
Cash lead (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC28 April 2015
Since I am a cashier, a typical started with doing transactions, such as returns or exchanges or large transactions that were more than $1000. I learned to deal with many types of customers such as those who didnt know english or were difficult to handle. Management and co-workers were understanding but were harsh sometimes. The hardest part of the job is when there is not enough hours were given to cashiers and the most enjoyable part was that I was able to meet new people.
Pros
Great Co-workers
Cons
Short shifts
overall good
associate (Former Employee) –  pickering28 April 2015
Co workers are fun to be around. Standing gets tiring. Repetative tasks. Get to help customers. Everyone is mostly friendly.
Pros
nice people
Cons
tedious, constant drama, long hours
Good place to work at.
Sale's Associate (Current Employee) –  Lasalle, ON27 April 2015
Not bad, it was a good and fun place to work at. Nice people and good environment. Management was good and nice and I liked it
Amazing workplace with friendly co-workers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Whiterock, BC17 April 2015
Working here in this friendly environment workplace was just amazing and fun. Co-workers never forget to put a smile on my face. Absolutely loved meeting customers and helping them out.
Decent place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan10 April 2015
The co-workers are the best thing about TH Vaughan mills. However, the management team is not coordinated and usually don't appreciate the effort that some associates put into the job. It is a very fast-paced store and mall so you will need to perfect your multi-tasking skills if you haven't so already.
Amazing Staff
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 April 2015
I loved working at Tommy Hilfiger! It was the most amazing experience from all the other jobs I have had. We had an amazing management team. Both professional and easy going, the perfect mixture of business and pleasure. My managers were all very open about balancing my work and life schedule.

A typical day at work would be doing our work in an extremely friendly environment, amongst my incredible co-workers. It was my second home. I loved coming to work every day and enjoyed my day, no matter how busy or slow the day was.

I honestly cannot remember a hard part about the job. I work really well in fast paced environments, so there was no problem there. I enjoyed my time at Hilfiger and would love to go back to the company.
Pros
Amazing Management Team
Cons
Not enough hours
Very exciting meeting new people daily
Part-time Sales Associate (Cashier) (Former Employee) –  calgary alberta13 March 2015
A lot of fun, many tourists came in, customer service was key. I love handling customer and helping people with their needs.
Be Carefull
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  South Surrey6 March 2015
Dishonest and demeaning, that is how I would describe working for this organization at the South Surrey location. My advice is to keep your head up while working for this company at this location.
Pros
Clothing discount.
Cons
Employees are nothing more than a commodity, and are treated as such
went out for work events and food
Sales Associate (Cashier) (Former Employee) –  calgary ab11 February 2015
It was fun i met all kinds of people nice to mean and i saw how some people act and taught me a lot how to treat people and the environment around you. the people were very nice and it was a good time working there.
Pros
free lunches and event
Cons
9 hour days including hour break
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 February 2015
Typical day at work would include:
Walking on the sales floor, folding clothes, walking up to customers and asking them if they need any help, telling them about our sales that are going on
I learned more about customer service and attending to their needs
I enjoyed interacting with our customers and learning about the different terms in the store.
Pros
Company discount
Cons
Short hours
good first retial job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON2 February 2015
great first retail job, management wasnt too bad; the manger at the time wasnt the best but everyone else was great. it was a great learning experience. co-worker were also really good. the hardest part was dealing with costumers that were really rude to you.
Pros
good people
Cons
weird hours
Efforts and Involvement indeed gets Recognized
Sales Generation Manager (SGM) (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 February 2015
Typical day:A particular day of the week will decide how much calories you will burn for the same.

What to Learn: It will serve you with best punctuality and time management skills.

Co-workers: Keep your head down and let your work speak for itself.

Toughest thing: To sell merchandise to an uninterested customer.

Enjoyable part: Having fun with the whole team during lunch breaks, overnight inventory check, and working with friends behind the floor.
Pros
Potluck, working in the back with your own music
Cons
Zombie rush during special days.
It's is an okay J.O.B
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, Ontario (Train yards establishment)30 January 2015
The job it's self is fine. The work can be tedious, but co-workers are very friendly and personable. Often at times the managers are changed, and its not always a good thing, They don't often work as much as they should. The best part of the job is helping happy customers.
Pros
60% discount on top of customer discount on all clothes and accessories.
Cons
Very low work hours in the winter time. (Estimated 10 hours per month)
Great Company Amazing Co-Workers
Assistant Manager /Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 September 2014
One of the best company I worked for. Management always available. Best team I ever had, it was like a family. Best part about my work was that I was always busy, always got something to do.
Fast environment, love management.
Manager/Floor Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC14 September 2014
Work at Tommy Hilfiger was really fun, I learn a lot, I have to move really fast to merchandise in a normal day around 20 to 40 boxes, process them, organize them, take them to the floor.
Have a completely knowledge of the Operational System for the store purposes, is great it was anything that I wasn't able to do. Opening or Closing any day, manage our staff and the time to achieve our daily goal.
One of the hardest part of this job was being a sales associate, a cashier, a floor supervisor and a Manager... leading by sample every time, motivating all the staff and coaching them, showing that there is anything that somebody can do if we propose to do something, in the same time all the stress that this can generate I always move on with a positive attitude so that's what I feel that my co-workers learn the most... is easy to accomplish the store goals, not every day is going to be a great day but they will always be more days to make it better.
Pros
Great employee descount