Tommy Hilfiger Employee Reviews

Educational and very fun
Sales Associate, Greeting, Stock, and Fitting Room (Current Employee) –  Maple, ON4 October 2015
Very fast paced, and competitive, the coworkers are funny and the overall experience is capable of preparing you for a lot of different job opportunities.
Worst Job Ever
Men's Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Halton Hills, ON3 October 2015
The discount is fantastic and my co-workers are great. You get very close with co-workers which is fun. The hours are terribly inconsistent. you can go from a 9 hour week to a 27 hour week. The management is terrible. half of them are actually really nice. the other half ruin the store. they are rude, judgemental, bias and don't care about employees. plus the entire company has illegal policies in play. at my store at least you don't get 15 minutes breaks ever. you get half hour for 6/7 hours or an hour for 8 hours. they don't promote people they just bring in new unexperienced people and put them higher than you on the store ladder. i absolutely hate it here and am looking for a new job currently. my advice is don't work here.
Pros
Great co-worker and discount
Fast-paced environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC12 August 2015
Decent company to get a work portfolio started. You quickly learn how customers are to be dealt with, and develop a unique style of your own customer service. Friendly atmosphere, very dedicated to motivating employees to meeting sales quotas.
Pros
Friendly workplace
Horrible Retail Experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, Ontario6 August 2015
A typical day would include working the floor and interacting with customers. You are forced to 'harass' every customer that enters the store. Management is horrible at this store, they do not take in consideration that you may be a student and have other priorities. ALOT of workplace politics especially with the management. The only thing I enjoyed about this job were my co-workers and the discount I received.
Pros
Discount, Coworkers
Cons
Long Hours, Management
stock
Customer Service, Stock Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kingston, Ont5 August 2015
Unfortunately during my duration at Tommy Hilfiger I was only doing stock, the management was okay and rather bland at times, but the most enjoyable part of the job was creating a welcoming environment for people to walk into.
Cons
long, early hours.
Not the best store to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC25 July 2015
The first shift is at 6am and the last ends at 11:30 pm!
You need to choose opening or closing there is no other shift.
Double standards when its about company policy what they will allowed for same it is not for everybody.
The management is very parcial therefore it is not fare with all the employees.
Pros
Nice discounts for employees
Cons
Not fare management
Fun work enviroment, good empoyees and steady work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 June 2015
Typical Day:
- Greeting customers, locating products
- Price-checking items
- Organizing store shelves and displays
- Answer customer questions about policies, services, and products. - Returning clothes and other items proper locations
- Inventory work and security tagging expensive merchandise
- Maintaining proper stacking and locations in the stock room
Pros
Good management staff, and friendly customers
Cons
Busy during holidays and weekends and a lot of clean up
very good
Sales Associate (Kids Department) (Current Employee) –  Vuaghan Mills2 June 2015
I enjoy working there. I have made a lot of new friends and have learned a lot of new things. I recommend working here. The hardest part is maintenance on the floor especially on very busy days
Job is nothing special
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver31 May 2015
typical retail environment with not much room for improvement and has no future to grow in due to the lack of pay and job availablitiy
Fun work place with great employees
Retail (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 May 2015
My job was really fun i loved working at Tommy. I started off as a stock boy then they moved me to store front because they loved the way i handled my customers. The job was really simple, you start work you get whats called a take 5, which is your task, daily goals and sales for that day. Then after that you get to work on helping costumers and cleaning the area you've been positioned.
Tommy taught me how to become a smart shopper. Thanks to my experience at Tommy i never see a retail store the same way again, i notice every little thing.
The Tommy team was Great all my mangers loved me. The main manger considered me his son
The hardest part of the job was making your goal. When you get your take 5 they tell you how much your supposed to make that shift and you should always come near it, but Tommy didn't always have a lot of customer traffic so it wasn't always easy making your daily goal.
The best part of the job was the employee discount 65% off.
Pros
My store was in a mall so there was a variety of food to choose from
Cons
My store was in a mall therefore your always tempted to spend your money
Sales Associate
Was able to lead section (Current Employee) –  Vaughan Mills Mall12 May 2015
Fast-paced job on the weekends. Learned to manage customer service with maintaining my department. Co-workers and managers are very friendly, approachable and fun to work with.
Productive workplace
Cash lead (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC28 April 2015
Since I am a cashier, a typical started with doing transactions, such as returns or exchanges or large transactions that were more than $1000. I learned to deal with many types of customers such as those who didnt know english or were difficult to handle. Management and co-workers were understanding but were harsh sometimes. The hardest part of the job is when there is not enough hours were given to cashiers and the most enjoyable part was that I was able to meet new people.
Pros
Great Co-workers
Cons
Short shifts
overall good
associate (Former Employee) –  pickering28 April 2015
Co workers are fun to be around. Standing gets tiring. Repetative tasks. Get to help customers. Everyone is mostly friendly.
Pros
nice people
Cons
tedious, constant drama, long hours
Good place to work at.
Sale's Associate (Current Employee) –  Lasalle, ON27 April 2015
Not bad, it was a good and fun place to work at. Nice people and good environment. Management was good and nice and I liked it
Amazing workplace with friendly co-workers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Whiterock, BC17 April 2015
Working here in this friendly environment workplace was just amazing and fun. Co-workers never forget to put a smile on my face. Absolutely loved meeting customers and helping them out.
Decent place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan10 April 2015
The co-workers are the best thing about TH Vaughan mills. However, the management team is not coordinated and usually don't appreciate the effort that some associates put into the job. It is a very fast-paced store and mall so you will need to perfect your multi-tasking skills if you haven't so already.
Amazing Staff
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 April 2015
I loved working at Tommy Hilfiger! It was the most amazing experience from all the other jobs I have had. We had an amazing management team. Both professional and easy going, the perfect mixture of business and pleasure. My managers were all very open about balancing my work and life schedule.

A typical day at work would be doing our work in an extremely friendly environment, amongst my incredible co-workers. It was my second home. I loved coming to work every day and enjoyed my day, no matter how busy or slow the day was.

I honestly cannot remember a hard part about the job. I work really well in fast paced environments, so there was no problem there. I enjoyed my time at Hilfiger and would love to go back to the company.
Pros
Amazing Management Team
Cons
Not enough hours
Very exciting meeting new people daily
Part-time Sales Associate (Cashier) (Former Employee) –  calgary alberta13 March 2015
A lot of fun, many tourists came in, customer service was key. I love handling customer and helping people with their needs.
Be Carefull
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  South Surrey6 March 2015
Dishonest and demeaning, that is how I would describe working for this organization at the South Surrey location. My advice is to keep your head up while working for this company at this location.
Pros
Clothing discount.
Cons
Employees are nothing more than a commodity, and are treated as such
went out for work events and food
Sales Associate (Cashier) (Former Employee) –  calgary ab11 February 2015
It was fun i met all kinds of people nice to mean and i saw how some people act and taught me a lot how to treat people and the environment around you. the people were very nice and it was a good time working there.
Pros
free lunches and event
Cons
9 hour days including hour break