Tommy Hilfiger Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
N/A
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 22, 2014
Pros: good
• Provided excellent customer service by discovering customer needs and appropriately suggesting products to enhance services and meet sales goals
• Contributed to the success of the branch by assisting the store manager in executing store operations during scheduled shifts
• Developed positive relationships with team by understanding and addressing individual motivation, needs and concerns resulting in increased productivity
• Followed cash management and cash register policies to ensure proper cash management practices are followed by shift team
• Recognized and reinforced individual and team accomplishments by using existing organizational tools and collaborating with store manager to find new, creative and effective methods of recognition
Sales Associate
Was able to lead section (Current Employee), Vaughan Mills MallMay 12, 2015
Fast-paced job on the weekends. Learned to manage customer service with maintaining my department. Co-workers and managers are very friendly, approachable and fun to work with.
good first retial job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: good people
Cons: weird hours
great first retail job, management wasnt too bad; the manger at the time wasnt the best but everyone else was great. it was a great learning experience. co-worker were also really good. the hardest part was dealing with costumers that were really rude to you.
An Excellent Experience
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Vaughan MillsSeptember 5, 2013
In 2009 i started working for Tommy Hilfiger, it was my second job as a student. A typical day at work would be getting directives from managers at the beginning of the shift for daily goals and how to achieve them. I learned alot from my time at Tommy Hilfiger, one example would be my speaking and communicating skills which were weak when i first started. The management was excellent because they were a great help from floor supervisor to store manager, each of them helped me grow up as a person and more importantly help my communication skills. Hardest part of the job was controlling myself from too much time spent with one customer. The most enjoyable part of the job was to having the luxury of having an excellent team to work with and meeting new people over time.
It's is an okay J.O.B
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Ottawa, Ontario (Train yards establishment)January 30, 2015
Pros: 60% discount on top of customer discount on all clothes and accessories.
Cons: very low work hours in the winter time. (estimated 10 hours per month)
The job it's self is fine. The work can be tedious, but co-workers are very friendly and personable. Often at times the managers are changed, and its not always a good thing, They don't often work as much as they should. The best part of the job is helping happy customers.
Amazing workplace with friendly co-workers
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Whiterock, BCApril 17, 2015
Working here in this friendly environment workplace was just amazing and fun. Co-workers never forget to put a smile on my face. Absolutely loved meeting customers and helping them out.
Horrid Management
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Nova ScotiaJuly 4, 2013
Pros: discount, always something to do, decent pay
Cons: no commission, management
The management where I worked were keyholders on power-trips, a frazzled assistant and the one crazy manager who, in my opinion, is borderline psychotic. Unfortunately, this made this branch of Tommy unbearable to work in. This is an issue I have recently informed head office of as soon as I got out of there, and something other employees have had issue with.

However, I will say that the company as a whole does not give me this impression, just the one place I worked and my experiences with that particular management team and district manager.

A good paying job for someone who doesn't mind folding shirts and providing customer service; great discounts as well!
Be Carefull
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee), South SurreyMarch 6, 2015
Pros: Clothing discount.
Cons: Employees are nothing more than a commodity, and are treated as such
Dishonest and demeaning, that is how I would describe working for this organization at the South Surrey location. My advice is to keep your head up while working for this company at this location.
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: company discount
Cons: short hours
Typical day at work would include:
Walking on the sales floor, folding clothes, walking up to customers and asking them if they need any help, telling them about our sales that are going on
I learned more about customer service and attending to their needs
I enjoyed interacting with our customers and learning about the different terms in the store.
Giving Service
Représentante des ventes/Caissière (Current Employee), Laval, QCApril 12, 2014
Pros: we get recognized for out hard work
Cons: long hours
Service to customers is number one key to any kind of job. As any typical day at my work, I enjoy helping clients by answering to all their questions and keeping them satisfied; also by helping them find what they are looking for. A happy customer will always come back. In addition, I enjoy working with my co-workers, they create a nice comfortable environment to work; we always help each other when in need of something.
Good customer service experience, but poor scheduling.
Sales Associate/ Cashier (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONMarch 31, 2014
Pros: excellent in-store discount.
Cons: early openings and late closes. low amount of hours.
A good place to work with managers that are nice and caring, but the scheduling system is broken and unfair. They over hire excessively, thus the average amount of hours workers are scheduled is usually about 15/week unless you've been working there for several years.

The work isn't particularly difficult, you get to talk to people and socialize with customers. Sales are heavily encouraged and tracked, but there is NO commission on them, unlike most of the other stores in that mall. Instead, management gives employees a hefty in-store discount, but unless you really like the clothes there, sales commission would be much more beneficial.

The managers are fairly nice and understanding, but they don't always accommodate schedules well, and as mentioned above, don't give very many hours. Thus, this job is not good enough as your sole source of employment, and scheduling around a second job will be difficult. I would recommend looking at other stores in the same mall.
Fast environment, love management.
Manager/Floor Supervisor (Current Employee), Burnaby, BCSeptember 14, 2014
Pros: great employee descount
Work at Tommy Hilfiger was really fun, I learn a lot, I have to move really fast to merchandise in a normal day around 20 to 40 boxes, process them, organize them, take them to the floor.
Have a completely knowledge of the Operational System for the store purposes, is great it was anything that I wasn't able to do. Opening or Closing any day, manage our staff and the time to achieve our daily goal.
One of the hardest part of this job was being a sales associate, a cashier, a floor supervisor and a Manager... leading by sample every time, motivating all the staff and coaching them, showing that there is anything that somebody can do if we propose to do something, in the same time all the stress that this can generate I always move on with a positive attitude so that's what I feel that my co-workers learn the most... is easy to accomplish the store goals, not every day is going to be a great day but they will always be more days to make it better.
nothing really
packaging (Former Employee), Saint-Laurent, QCFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: bbq
Cons: 8 hours
I would go in the morning at 8:30 am to 4:30 pm as soon as a go we start working our supervisor tells us what to do how much trucks are coming how much boxes were going to unload .some days ship a certain amout. Time management , i became really quick with managing my time and making use of lunch time to gain my engry back. My coworker were great they treated me as a brother. Hardest part was when we had 4-5 trucks come in one day with each of 40-50 thousand boxes or more. The most enjoyable part of the job , is when we had bbq days with the company provide us good food.
Worst job I ever had
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Brampton, ONMay 17, 2014
Pros: discount on clothing
Cons: not enough hours, annoying staff, unorganized
Didn't provide us with many hours. They were extremely unorganized. I got hired and did not get any hours for about almost 2 weeks. When I finally did get hours, they did not provide us with any training and brought us right onto the floor. They basically tell us to harass customers and "teach them how to shop" which I did not agree with. There will be times that you'll be in charge of more than one department, and the store being very large it is extremely difficult to take control of 2 whole departments, help customers, clean and make sure that no one is stealing any of the merchandise. They care more about employees shoving down products down a customers throat to the point where I actually feel like I'm annoying them.

Overall, worse job experience I've ever had. I quit in 3 months.
Fun and fulfilling especially if you know you have helped a customer
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Skyview powercenterJanuary 21, 2013
Pros: big discounts for employees
Cons: management is not organized
A typical day at work is replenishing the stock before the store opens. And when the store is open, I get to meet and socialize and help the customers. Its so much fun helping and getting to meet new and different people everyday. In this job I have learned to interact with different types of people, learned more about fashion, and developed my skills in customer service. Most of my co-workers are teenagers who don't have much work ethics. They dont care about team work, they only help and do things when a manager asks them to do something but most of them don't have initiatives. The store manager does her best in keeping up with the store's sales goals but she's a little lacking with the knowledge on how to handle her people and most of the time she doesn't listen to her subordinates' needs. The hardest part of the job is standing for a long period of time. And the most enjoyable part is helping out the customers and knowing that when they leave the store, they were satisfied with the service and the product as well.
went out for work events and food
Sales Associate (Cashier) (Former Employee), calgary abFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: free lunches and event
Cons: 9 hour days including hour break
It was fun i met all kinds of people nice to mean and i saw how some people act and taught me a lot how to treat people and the environment around you. the people were very nice and it was a good time working there.
Very exciting meeting new people daily
Part-time Sales Associate (Cashier) (Former Employee), calgary albertaMarch 13, 2015
A lot of fun, many tourists came in, customer service was key. I love handling customer and helping people with their needs.
Great coworkers, fun and no-pressure environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJuly 12, 2012
A typical day at work includes replenishing items in your section, greeting customers and helping them with great customer service, meeting hourly budgets and cleaning the store sections according to company policy.
I've learned a lot about organization, team work and people skills. My coworkers were always friendly and everyone got along with each other so much it felt like a second family.
The hardest part of the job would be trying to push those necessary sales when the story has been relatively "empty", making it difficult to produce sales with very few customers.
The most enjoyable part of the job is just being able to be around all of my coworkers who make the job seem less like a job, and more like a hobby.
Retails part time
Cashier (Former Employee), Vaughan, OntarioAugust 20, 2013
Pros: flexiablity working hours and close to home
Cons: pressured to meet sales targets
This was a great experience. The group was fun to work with as we were all in the same age range. The hours were very flexible and the management team always took into considerations our school schedules and worked with us. They were able to help with hours during the summer months.

The hardest part of the job have been dealing with a very upset customer regarding return and refunds.
Productive and Fun Workplace
Cashier (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONJanuary 26, 2014
A typical day at Tommy Hilfiger is working the cash, folding the clothes, greeting and helping the customers, sweeping, vacuuming, etc. My co-workers are all very nice. They are outgoing and they go above and beyond to help customers as well. THey helped me a lot when i didn't know what i was doing when i started working there. The hardest part of my job is learning all the prices of the clothing by heart. We are the clearance store so we have to reduce 70% or 50% or 30% off the original price and sometimes it doesn't scan right on the computer. I enjoy helping the customers and making them smile. I also like doing things properly and even making my co-workers proud.
Headquarters