Tommy Hilfiger

Tommy Hilfiger Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
The Hardest Part of the Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONJanuary 14, 2013
The hardest part of the job was proving and showing everyone that I am capable to do more than sales. I would come in early to work, even clock in before my actual time, to help out and go out of my way to ask management and staff if they need help doing tasks.
The Hardest Part of the Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONJanuary 14, 2013
Calm and Supportive Atmosphere Despite Bad Location
Customer Sales Rep (Former Employee), Nepean, ONNovember 3, 2012
Pros: terrific discounts on clothes, great staff
Cons: wages and hours weren't ideal; dealing with shoplifters
The day at work would consist of me coming in and being given a sales target for the day. I would approach and greet customers throughout the day and help others in their respective sections. On top of meeting my budget I had to keep the place clean at all times, which meant a lot of folding and visual merchandising (as well as training on how to do it).

I learned that making a budget was not only important for me but for the store as well. During a winter storm, the store closed down, and budgets weren't met, which looked poorly on our net sales for the month.

The management was very assertive and supportive. They always encouraged us to do better.

My co-workers were all easy to get along with, ranging from 15 to 50 years of age.

The hardest part was trying to make a budget when the place was overstaffed. That, and making sure no one was stealing at all times. People found clever and innovative ways to steal from the store, which did not look good for us and spiked our shrink rate.

The most enjoyable part was making customers happy with sales, getting compliments, and getting to know some of the staff.
Productive and enjoyable workplace
Sales - Cashier/Retail Consultant (Current Employee), Toronto, OntarioOctober 3, 2012
Pros: free snacks, staff/holiday parties, great customer experience
Cons: long hours, cleaning up after kids/messy customers
A typical day at Tommy Hilfiger is very enjoyable. When i go in to work, I am surrounded with beautiful co-workers and managers, gorgeous clothing and tons of customers.
I've learned that my time spent on the floor of a retail store will give countless hours of access to sensitivity, anger management, and customer service training while, also, developing your social skills, working with a team, and developing your confidence.
The hardest part of the job is working during the holiday season. The store can get very hectic with customers everywhere! There are pieces of clothing everywhere which makes the clean up process tedious.
The most enjoyable part of the job is working with people from a diverse range of backgrounds, which is an asset. Many big graduate employers are multinational and want to recruit candidates who are capable of building rapport with colleagues or customers from all around the world.
ok place to work
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee), Kelowna, BCSeptember 28, 2012
got along with staff , not a busy enough store . store went through a fair amount of staff and managment changes in short time frame.
Sales associate
CASHIER (Former Employee), Burnaby/Vancouver, BCSeptember 4, 2012
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: low wages
Working here is a great job while you are in highschool or your first years of college. The hours are flexible, there is little responsibility, little stress, and you learn a lot about how the world works through your interaction with customers as well as staff.
Great structure
Key Holder (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 27, 2012
Lots of staff in many positions, no one is overwhelmed with a lot of work, low pay because of needing so much staffing, great discount
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 17, 2012
Pros: great team building activities
Cons: long hours
I worked with a lovely team. There's always something new to learn. The product quality is good. Room for growth is good.
Typical seasonal Part-Time job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Woodbridge, OntarioJuly 13, 2012
This store is located at an extreamly busy location (Vaughn Mills). The managers were always on top of our work habbits and ethics. I felt pressured with certain managers which stopped me from being the best I can be.
My co-workers felt the exact same way which brought us closer together. The most enjoyable part of my job was helping out customers and making their shopping spree easier.
Great coworkers, fun and no-pressure environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJuly 12, 2012
A typical day at work includes replenishing items in your section, greeting customers and helping them with great customer service, meeting hourly budgets and cleaning the store sections according to company policy.
I've learned a lot about organization, team work and people skills. My coworkers were always friendly and everyone got along with each other so much it felt like a second family.
The hardest part of the job would be trying to push those necessary sales when the story has been relatively "empty", making it difficult to produce sales with very few customers.
The most enjoyable part of the job is just being able to be around all of my coworkers who make the job seem less like a job, and more like a hobby.
energetic and fun work place.
Key Holder / sales associate (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 10, 2012
A typical day at Tommy Hilfiger would be assist customers with finding suitable items that work for their needs. Also managing all staff members and making sure everything is efficient. Things I have learned working in retail would be; the purpose of great customer service, managing and operating a company on my own. I have a fun and energized staff that is very well orientated and precise. The hardest part of my job is balancing between being a manager and being fair with my co-workers. All together working with my team is very enjoyable.
Productive, positve and energetic work environment
Cashier & Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 7, 2012
Responsibilities included: purchasing transactions using Tommy system, advising customers regarding sales, items, and purchases, replenishing stock on the floor, and providing excellent inventory control.
Fast Pace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Central Valley, NYJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: occational free lunch, discount on clothing
Cons: long hours, small spaces, crowded area
Assist customers with purchases. Help to promote and sell corporate specified clothing and accessory items. Operate cash registers. Assemble floor sets per corporate guidelines. Assist in new inventory shipments.

There were a lot of co-workers here but the ones in my department were kind and understanding

The hours were sometimes difficult

Being able to help customers and put a smile on their face was rewarding.
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Kansas City, KSJanuary 27, 2015
I provided great customer experience and organization skills.
Responsible for delivering a friendly service, smiling, greeting and making eye contact with every customer that comes to the store
SENIOR SALES ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Dubai, DUJanuary 27, 2015
Supporting the store team and manager to increase revenue streams and profit targets.
Providing a friendly and helpful service to customers.
Maintaining high standards of presentation and cleanliness across the store.
Demonstrating good product knowledge to customers on keys promotions and offers.
Providing cover in other areas during periods of holidays and sickness .
Approaching customers that may require assistance if you are on the floor.
Carrying out stock replenishment .
Ensuring all areas of the store remain tidy at all times .
Loved it
Lead Sales Associate (Former Employee), Grapevine, TXJanuary 22, 2015
Retail hours. Other than that great management and company.
Part-time job
Customer Service/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Gilroy, CAJanuary 16, 2015
This was a part-time job to put me through school. If was difficult to go to work everyday during the week to close after going to school. So I left this job for a weekend job to better manage my time.
Tommy Hilfiger is a good brand in comparison of other but some how the management regarding benfit of employees in salary benefits or bonus is neglect
CRO (Current Employee), Jalandhar, PBJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: good pay scale, grape new words, improve communication
Cons: late hours, full shifts, brand compititons
The work for whole day is being concentrated on sale of the brand. i have learn many thing for example how to be in a professional life,how to talk with a client and how to handle if customer is having a mindset of buying other brand then how to convert him or her and being into our brand.store Management is good and all the employees who are working with me all are good, even the atmosphere is good inside the store.when they asked for the Full Shift then it is difficult to stand there for whole day and keep maintain a smile on your face.but it feels good when you pay for that and having praise too. Every movement and time which i have spend in store is good because i love to sell my choice to the people and they wear my choice on their daily routine.
Fun enviornment and met new cultures.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 15, 2015
Greet each guest.
Kept area clean and organized.
Cashier.
Got things from the back.
great company
Visual Manager/Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 10, 2015
Great company. I worked at a very high volume store. Constantly busy and never bored. The company offered lots of training.

About Tommy Hilfiger

PVH has the buttoned-down look all sewn up. A top apparel firm worldwide and key US dress-shirt maker, PVH sells clothes, accessories, and – Read more

Tommy Hilfiger Photos