Tommy Hilfiger Employee Reviews

Good working enviroment
Sales Assosciate (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC31 October 2015
I enjoyed my time as a sales associate. The work was a little too laid back for my taste which led to boredom some days. I enjoyed developing rapport with customers and expanding my knowledge of the industry.
Pros
Discounted purchaes
tommy
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 January 2016
Process sales in cash and credit
• Customer service
• Light "housekeeping" Duties
• Performed Return, Exchanges & Price adjustments
• Open/Close registers
• Inventory
Good place to work at
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 November 2015
It was a good place to work at part-time. The managers were all good. We had to take our breaks so it was nice to have a 15 minute break in the back to eat and get off our feet for a little.
What to expect at work
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Mississauga,ON29 July 2014
A typical day at Tommy Hilfigar can be busy from the time that you walk in through the doors. Time management is very important because you have to learn how to complete various tasks within a small time period. This could be the hardest part of your job. But, Everything is possible and if you have a great supportive Team Lead, you will do amazing at what you do.
Pros
Amazing Team
Cons
Long Hours
Fun work enviroment, good empoyees and steady work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 June 2015
Typical Day:
- Greeting customers, locating products
- Price-checking items
- Organizing store shelves and displays
- Answer customer questions about policies, services, and products. - Returning clothes and other items proper locations
- Inventory work and security tagging expensive merchandise
- Maintaining proper stacking and locations in the stock room
Pros
Good management staff, and friendly customers
Cons
Busy during holidays and weekends and a lot of clean up
N/A
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 July 2014
• Provided excellent customer service by discovering customer needs and appropriately suggesting products to enhance services and meet sales goals
• Contributed to the success of the branch by assisting the store manager in executing store operations during scheduled shifts
• Developed positive relationships with team by understanding and addressing individual motivation, needs and concerns resulting in increased productivity
• Followed cash management and cash register policies to ensure proper cash management practices are followed by shift team
• Recognized and reinforced individual and team accomplishments by using existing organizational tools and collaborating with store manager to find new, creative and effective methods of recognition
Good
An Excellent Experience
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vaughan Mills5 September 2013
In 2009 i started working for Tommy Hilfiger, it was my second job as a student. A typical day at work would be getting directives from managers at the beginning of the shift for daily goals and how to achieve them. I learned alot from my time at Tommy Hilfiger, one example would be my speaking and communicating skills which were weak when i first started. The management was excellent because they were a great help from floor supervisor to store manager, each of them helped me grow up as a person and more importantly help my communication skills. Hardest part of the job was controlling myself from too much time spent with one customer. The most enjoyable part of the job was to having the luxury of having an excellent team to work with and meeting new people over time.
Horrid Management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Nova Scotia4 July 2013
The management where I worked were keyholders on power-trips, a frazzled assistant and the one crazy manager who, in my opinion, is borderline psychotic. Unfortunately, this made this branch of Tommy unbearable to work in. This is an issue I have recently informed head office of as soon as I got out of there, and something other employees have had issue with.

However, I will say that the company as a whole does not give me this impression, just the one place I worked and my experiences with that particular management team and district manager.

A good paying job for someone who doesn't mind folding shirts and providing customer service; great discounts as well!
Pros
discount, always something to do, decent pay
Cons
no commission, management
Efforts and Involvement indeed gets Recognized
Sales Generation Manager (SGM) (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 February 2015
Typical day:A particular day of the week will decide how much calories you will burn for the same.

What to Learn: It will serve you with best punctuality and time management skills.

Co-workers: Keep your head down and let your work speak for itself.

Toughest thing: To sell merchandise to an uninterested customer.

Enjoyable part: Having fun with the whole team during lunch breaks, overnight inventory check, and working with friends behind the floor.
Pros
Potluck, working in the back with your own music
Cons
Zombie rush during special days.
Productive workplace
Cash lead (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC28 April 2015
Since I am a cashier, a typical started with doing transactions, such as returns or exchanges or large transactions that were more than $1000. I learned to deal with many types of customers such as those who didnt know english or were difficult to handle. Management and co-workers were understanding but were harsh sometimes. The hardest part of the job is when there is not enough hours were given to cashiers and the most enjoyable part was that I was able to meet new people.
Pros
Great Co-workers
Cons
Short shifts
Not the best store to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC25 July 2015
The first shift is at 6am and the last ends at 11:30 pm!
You need to choose opening or closing there is no other shift.
Double standards when its about company policy what they will allowed for same it is not for everybody.
The management is very parcial therefore it is not fare with all the employees.
Pros
Nice discounts for employees
Cons
Not fare management
Giving Service
Représentante des ventes/Caissière (Current Employee) –  Laval, QC12 April 2014
Service to customers is number one key to any kind of job. As any typical day at my work, I enjoy helping clients by answering to all their questions and keeping them satisfied; also by helping them find what they are looking for. A happy customer will always come back. In addition, I enjoy working with my co-workers, they create a nice comfortable environment to work; we always help each other when in need of something.
Pros
we get recognized for out hard work
Cons
Good customer service experience, but poor scheduling.
Sales Associate/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON31 March 2014
A good place to work with managers that are nice and caring, but the scheduling system is broken and unfair. They over hire excessively, thus the average amount of hours workers are scheduled is usually about 15/week unless you've been working there for several years.

The work isn't particularly difficult, you get to talk to people and socialize with customers. Sales are heavily encouraged and tracked, but there is NO commission on them, unlike most of the other stores in that mall. Instead, management gives employees a hefty in-store discount, but unless you really like the clothes there, sales commission would be much more beneficial.

The managers are fairly nice and understanding, but they don't always accommodate schedules well, and as mentioned above, don't give very many hours. Thus, this job is not good enough as your sole source of employment, and scheduling around a second job will be difficult. I would recommend looking at other stores in the same mall.
Pros
Excellent in-store discount.
Cons
Early openings and late closes. Low amount of hours.
Good Experience
VISUAL LEAD ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  London, ON14 October 2015
Good sales experience for 5 years as well as an amazing background in Visual Merchandising. I developed my skills as a merchandiser as well as leading a team of 10-20 employees daily, and delegating tasks as needed, as well as all cash functions and managerial duties.
Pros
Good team atmosphere
Cons
Far from home
nothing really
packaging (Former Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QC28 February 2014
I would go in the morning at 8:30 am to 4:30 pm as soon as a go we start working our supervisor tells us what to do how much trucks are coming how much boxes were going to unload .some days ship a certain amout. Time management , i became really quick with managing my time and making use of lunch time to gain my engry back. My coworker were great they treated me as a brother. Hardest part was when we had 4-5 trucks come in one day with each of 40-50 thousand boxes or more. The most enjoyable part of the job , is when we had bbq days with the company provide us good food.
Pros
BBQ
Cons
8 hours
Educational and very fun
Sales Associate, Greeting, Stock, and Fitting Room (Current Employee) –  Maple, ON4 October 2015
Very fast paced, and competitive, the coworkers are funny and the overall experience is capable of preparing you for a lot of different job opportunities.
Fun work place with great employees
Retail (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 May 2015
My job was really fun i loved working at Tommy. I started off as a stock boy then they moved me to store front because they loved the way i handled my customers. The job was really simple, you start work you get whats called a take 5, which is your task, daily goals and sales for that day. Then after that you get to work on helping costumers and cleaning the area you've been positioned.
Tommy taught me how to become a smart shopper. Thanks to my experience at Tommy i never see a retail store the same way again, i notice every little thing.
The Tommy team was Great all my mangers loved me. The main manger considered me his son
The hardest part of the job was making your goal. When you get your take 5 they tell you how much your supposed to make that shift and you should always come near it, but Tommy didn't always have a lot of customer traffic so it wasn't always easy making your daily goal.
The best part of the job was the employee discount 65% off.
Pros
My store was in a mall so there was a variety of food to choose from
Cons
My store was in a mall therefore your always tempted to spend your money
Fun and fulfilling especially if you know you have helped a customer
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Skyview powercenter21 January 2013
A typical day at work is replenishing the stock before the store opens. And when the store is open, I get to meet and socialize and help the customers. Its so much fun helping and getting to meet new and different people everyday. In this job I have learned to interact with different types of people, learned more about fashion, and developed my skills in customer service. Most of my co-workers are teenagers who don't have much work ethics. They dont care about team work, they only help and do things when a manager asks them to do something but most of them don't have initiatives. The store manager does her best in keeping up with the store's sales goals but she's a little lacking with the knowledge on how to handle her people and most of the time she doesn't listen to her subordinates' needs. The hardest part of the job is standing for a long period of time. And the most enjoyable part is helping out the customers and knowing that when they leave the store, they were satisfied with the service and the product as well.
Pros
big discounts for employees
Cons
management is not organized
stock
Customer Service, Stock Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kingston, Ont5 August 2015
Unfortunately during my duration at Tommy Hilfiger I was only doing stock, the management was okay and rather bland at times, but the most enjoyable part of the job was creating a welcoming environment for people to walk into.
Cons
long, early hours.
Worst job I ever had
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON17 May 2014
Didn't provide us with many hours. They were extremely unorganized. I got hired and did not get any hours for about almost 2 weeks. When I finally did get hours, they did not provide us with any training and brought us right onto the floor. They basically tell us to harass customers and "teach them how to shop" which I did not agree with. There will be times that you'll be in charge of more than one department, and the store being very large it is extremely difficult to take control of 2 whole departments, help customers, clean and make sure that no one is stealing any of the merchandise. They care more about employees shoving down products down a customers throat to the point where I actually feel like I'm annoying them.

Overall, worse job experience I've ever had. I quit in 3 months.
Pros
Discount on clothing
Cons
Not enough hours, annoying staff, unorganized