Tommy Hilfiger Employee Reviews in Canada

decent working enviroment
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 27, 2016
very structured in the way the store is run. hard to get shifts that fit the school schedule. would recommend for high school students.
Hectic
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 16, 2016
This job requires you to make sales but with no commission or other incentives, unless its a pat on the back. Dont take making sales too seriously just do the best you can. Theres many employees, people come and go quite often.
Pros
Friends
Cons
intemidating
Very busy
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Brossard, QCNovember 1, 2015
Nice people, lot's to learn, lot's of work but worth with thanks to the amazing team. Sometimes we would have short shifts but to much to do.
Pros
Nice team
Cons
Long hours and to much to do
Fun environment and productive
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABDecember 7, 2015
My typical day at work, sometimes it's very productive and sometimes very slow, I'm a main cashier so most of my shift is gone on cash and I try my best to give the best customer service to the customers. Whenever it's not busy I do all my puts backs that customers have returned or have said no to buying. Every hour I take out the hourly read to know how far we are from reaching our goal.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
No appreications
Good Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJanuary 4, 2016
It was a job that was entertaining and kept me interested and motivated. Customers became a challenge but with experience, reaching the sanctification for the customers was easy. Great co-workers and a lot of enjoyable moments.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
pay
Educational and very fun
Sales Associate, Greeting, Stock, and Fitting Room (Current Employee) –  Maple, ONOctober 4, 2015
Very fast paced, and competitive, the coworkers are funny and the overall experience is capable of preparing you for a lot of different job opportunities.
tommy
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 22, 2016
Process sales in cash and credit
• Customer service
• Light "housekeeping" Duties
• Performed Return, Exchanges & Price adjustments
• Open/Close registers
• Inventory
Great benefits, salary and job advancement, but terrible hours,scheduling and management.
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ONMarch 25, 2014
Working at Tommy Hilfiger had its ups and downs. The salary and benefits (such as the 50% discount on most clothing) were great. Also, job advancement was good as you could start from the bottom and reach the higher ranks in a few months of hard work. Everything goes well until management pops up. Usually they tell you that you're doing something wrong even though it is close to perfect, but perfection is their standard. The hours were terrible as a full time student because they went so far into the night even though i did not put it as available on my schedule. Furthermore, they sometimes assigned hours to people on days that they cannot complete indefinitely but do not care about their lives outside of work. The workload that your leads would give you was also a problem, especially when they expect a whole table to be cleaned to perfection in 15 minutes. The best thing about Tommy were my co-workers, they were great people to work with. The worst part was definitely the scheduling and management.
Pros
employee discounts, locker room, good salary
Cons
terrible hours, management and work environment
Fun work enviroment, good empoyees and steady work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 24, 2015
Typical Day:
- Greeting customers, locating products
- Price-checking items
- Organizing store shelves and displays
- Answer customer questions about policies, services, and products. - Returning clothes and other items proper locations
- Inventory work and security tagging expensive merchandise
- Maintaining proper stacking and locations in the stock room
Pros
Good management staff, and friendly customers
Cons
Busy during holidays and weekends and a lot of clean up
Not the best store to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BCJuly 25, 2015
The first shift is at 6am and the last ends at 11:30 pm!
You need to choose opening or closing there is no other shift.
Double standards when its about company policy what they will allowed for same it is not for everybody.
The management is very parcial therefore it is not fare with all the employees.
Pros
Nice discounts for employees
Cons
Not fare management
Amazing Staff
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 3, 2015
I loved working at Tommy Hilfiger! It was the most amazing experience from all the other jobs I have had. We had an amazing management team. Both professional and easy going, the perfect mixture of business and pleasure. My managers were all very open about balancing my work and life schedule.

A typical day at work would be doing our work in an extremely friendly environment, amongst my incredible co-workers. It was my second home. I loved coming to work every day and enjoyed my day, no matter how busy or slow the day was.

I honestly cannot remember a hard part about the job. I work really well in fast paced environments, so there was no problem there. I enjoyed my time at Hilfiger and would love to go back to the company.
Pros
Amazing Management Team
Cons
Not enough hours
Work Review
Part time sales associate (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth Crossing, NSJanuary 31, 2013
A typical work day would include a 5 minute meeting to catch everyone up on what the promotions and sales were. We would then be put into zones, such as men's, women's, cash, and kids. Throughout the day we would assist customers on the sales floor in hopes of achieving our personal goals as well as the stores goals.
The management team wasn't the strongest team, the store manager was often distracted and unable to properly lead the team. The keyholders often had to pick up the slack of the manager and often they were not able to answer a lot of the questions asked by staff members.
Since there was barely a management team my co-workers were often slacking off and not paying attention to their work. That was the hardest part of the job.
Good place to work at
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABNovember 22, 2015
It was a good place to work at part-time. The managers were all good. We had to take our breaks so it was nice to have a 15 minute break in the back to eat and get off our feet for a little.
stock
Customer Service, Stock Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kingston, OntAugust 5, 2015
Unfortunately during my duration at Tommy Hilfiger I was only doing stock, the management was okay and rather bland at times, but the most enjoyable part of the job was creating a welcoming environment for people to walk into.
Cons
long, early hours.
Nice and busy workplace with friendly coworkers
Cashier and sales (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCAugust 16, 2013
At Tommy Hilfiger, I learned different communication skills including how to approach a customer, how to gain his or her trust, and how to find the items that are most suitable for him or her. In addition, I learned how to be an accurate cashier and efficient stock person. The workplace is quiet busy, but since the management team is really good, our store can often exceed our sales goal. On the other hand, it is hard to clean up the store during the weekends, because there are a lot of products in the store and with the high traffic of customers, it is difficult to maintain the store clean and neat. However, there are many aspects of Tommy Hilfiger that I like, such as the friendly managers and coworkers who always tech me, support me, and collaborate with me. In conclusion, the working experience at Tommy Hilfiger is beneficial for me, and I will keep what I learned from there and develop more in my future career field.
Pros
employee discount
Cons
small rest area for a big number of employees
Productive workplace
Cash lead (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCApril 28, 2015
Since I am a cashier, a typical started with doing transactions, such as returns or exchanges or large transactions that were more than $1000. I learned to deal with many types of customers such as those who didnt know english or were difficult to handle. Management and co-workers were understanding but were harsh sometimes. The hardest part of the job is when there is not enough hours were given to cashiers and the most enjoyable part was that I was able to meet new people.
Pros
Great Co-workers
Cons
Short shifts
Good Experience
VISUAL LEAD ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  London, ONOctober 14, 2015
Good sales experience for 5 years as well as an amazing background in Visual Merchandising. I developed my skills as a merchandiser as well as leading a team of 10-20 employees daily, and delegating tasks as needed, as well as all cash functions and managerial duties.
Pros
Good team atmosphere
Cons
Far from home
Productive and enjoyable workplace
Sales - Cashier/Retail Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, OntarioOctober 3, 2012
A typical day at Tommy Hilfiger is very enjoyable. When i go in to work, I am surrounded with beautiful co-workers and managers, gorgeous clothing and tons of customers.
I've learned that my time spent on the floor of a retail store will give countless hours of access to sensitivity, anger management, and customer service training while, also, developing your social skills, working with a team, and developing your confidence.
The hardest part of the job is working during the holiday season. The store can get very hectic with customers everywhere! There are pieces of clothing everywhere which makes the clean up process tedious.
The most enjoyable part of the job is working with people from a diverse range of backgrounds, which is an asset. Many big graduate employers are multinational and want to recruit candidates who are capable of building rapport with colleagues or customers from all around the world.
Pros
free snacks, staff/holiday parties, great customer experience
Cons
long hours, cleaning up after kids/messy customers
Efforts and Involvement indeed gets Recognized
Sales Generation Manager (SGM) (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 1, 2015
Typical day:A particular day of the week will decide how much calories you will burn for the same.

What to Learn: It will serve you with best punctuality and time management skills.

Co-workers: Keep your head down and let your work speak for itself.

Toughest thing: To sell merchandise to an uninterested customer.

Enjoyable part: Having fun with the whole team during lunch breaks, overnight inventory check, and working with friends behind the floor.
Pros
potluck, working in the back with your own music
Cons
zombie rush during special days.
What to expect at work
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Mississauga,ONJuly 29, 2014
A typical day at Tommy Hilfigar can be busy from the time that you walk in through the doors. Time management is very important because you have to learn how to complete various tasks within a small time period. This could be the hardest part of your job. But, Everything is possible and if you have a great supportive Team Lead, you will do amazing at what you do.
Pros
amazing team