Tommy Hilfiger Employee Reviews

Launch of a new brand for the Aldo group
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 June 2016
This brand was created for a mature customer. This was a new division for the Aldo group which controlled all of the shoe market
Pros
Great shoes
Cons
Poor upper management
Organised and productive enviroment to work in
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 July 2016
Tommy Hilifger is an awesome job, it allows me to work with and great team that helps you become a better associate everyday with a positive enviroment.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Bad breaks
Very Friendly
Sales Associate (Temporary) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 July 2016
Most workers are very friendly and welcoming! The environment is so wonderful and everyone likes to work together to get a task done.
Pros
Lunches
Cons
Short lunches
Horrible environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC19 June 2016
- rude employees & managers
- unacceptable behavior
- laborious duties
Managers are really strict and always favor their favorites and dis encourage other employees
Pros
Cons
many
Great Company
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON12 May 2016
Great company to work for , good employees and management
No racial profiling
great environment
Clean workplace
Respectful
Understanding
Horrible Retail Experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, Ontario6 August 2015
A typical day would include working the floor and interacting with customers. You are forced to 'harass' every customer that enters the store. Management is horrible at this store, they do not take in consideration that you may be a student and have other priorities. ALOT of workplace politics especially with the management. The only thing I enjoyed about this job were my co-workers and the discount I received.
Pros
Discount, Coworkers
Cons
Long Hours, Management
Great place to work with and a sense of camaraderie
Sales Associate & Customer Relations (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 April 2016
Tommy Hilfiger was a great place to work with. They were accommodating and definitely have such lovely people working in there. I was fortunate to have great working hours and fantastic co-workers.
Pros
50% discount on clothing
Cons
May Get understaffed at times
Costumer Service (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 March 2016
My typical day at work, sometimes it's very productive and sometimes very slow, I'm a main cashier so most of my shift is gone on cash and I try my best to give the best customer service to the customers. Whenever it's not busy I do all my puts backs that customers have returned or have said no to buying. Every hour I take out the hourly read to know how far we are from reaching our goal.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
No appreciations
fun to work with new fresh individual.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC13 April 2016
Make a sale and educate customer,being on this company gave me an endurance to excel in different area such as cashiering learning how to make a quota everyday push my self to have a lot of confidence.
Pros
discount on thier product
Cons
long and execessive standing
Worst Job Ever
Men's Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Halton Hills, ON3 October 2015
The discount is fantastic and my co-workers are great. You get very close with co-workers which is fun. The hours are terribly inconsistent. you can go from a 9 hour week to a 27 hour week. The management is terrible. half of them are actually really nice. the other half ruin the store. they are rude, judgemental, bias and don't care about employees. plus the entire company has illegal policies in play. at my store at least you don't get 15 minutes breaks ever. you get half hour for 6/7 hours or an hour for 8 hours. they don't promote people they just bring in new unexperienced people and put them higher than you on the store ladder. i absolutely hate it here and am looking for a new job currently. my advice is don't work here.
Pros
Great co-worker and discount
Cons
It's a very friendly environment
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 March 2016
Day at Tommy is fun and exciting. I enjoy the fact that I meet new people everyday and I have built several really great relationships with my customers over the time. The whole staff from managers to fellow associates are like family. I do everything from stocks to sales to cash and love working in every department.
pretty occupied work life especially during the Christmas season!
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  New westminster6 June 2014
good place to work, with few discount employee benefits, cooperative co-workers. fast paced work place.
decent working enviroment
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 April 2016
very structured in the way the store is run. hard to get shifts that fit the school schedule. would recommend for high school students.
Learning Experience
Temporary Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 April 2016
It was fun working there wish it was longer. Got to prepare clothing to go to stores and learn new things like hard tagging and how to fold properly
Work Review
Part time sales associate (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth Crossing, NS31 January 2013
A typical work day would include a 5 minute meeting to catch everyone up on what the promotions and sales were. We would then be put into zones, such as men's, women's, cash, and kids. Throughout the day we would assist customers on the sales floor in hopes of achieving our personal goals as well as the stores goals.
The management team wasn't the strongest team, the store manager was often distracted and unable to properly lead the team. The keyholders often had to pick up the slack of the manager and often they were not able to answer a lot of the questions asked by staff members.
Since there was barely a management team my co-workers were often slacking off and not paying attention to their work. That was the hardest part of the job.
Productive and enjoyable workplace
Sales - Cashier/Retail Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario3 October 2012
A typical day at Tommy Hilfiger is very enjoyable. When i go in to work, I am surrounded with beautiful co-workers and managers, gorgeous clothing and tons of customers.
I've learned that my time spent on the floor of a retail store will give countless hours of access to sensitivity, anger management, and customer service training while, also, developing your social skills, working with a team, and developing your confidence.
The hardest part of the job is working during the holiday season. The store can get very hectic with customers everywhere! There are pieces of clothing everywhere which makes the clean up process tedious.
The most enjoyable part of the job is working with people from a diverse range of backgrounds, which is an asset. Many big graduate employers are multinational and want to recruit candidates who are capable of building rapport with colleagues or customers from all around the world.
Pros
free snacks, staff/holiday parties, great customer experience
Cons
long hours, cleaning up after kids/messy customers
Good Experience
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 January 2016
Tommy Hilfiger provided me a unique experience by working in 3 stores two in GTA and one in Montreal, QC. Understanding the retail business and Customer Service role which is related to cultures in GTA and Montreal quite rich learning experience of Retail Industry and culture.
Nice and busy workplace with friendly coworkers
Cashier and sales (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC16 August 2013
At Tommy Hilfiger, I learned different communication skills including how to approach a customer, how to gain his or her trust, and how to find the items that are most suitable for him or her. In addition, I learned how to be an accurate cashier and efficient stock person. The workplace is quiet busy, but since the management team is really good, our store can often exceed our sales goal. On the other hand, it is hard to clean up the store during the weekends, because there are a lot of products in the store and with the high traffic of customers, it is difficult to maintain the store clean and neat. However, there are many aspects of Tommy Hilfiger that I like, such as the friendly managers and coworkers who always tech me, support me, and collaborate with me. In conclusion, the working experience at Tommy Hilfiger is beneficial for me, and I will keep what I learned from there and develop more in my future career field.
Pros
employee discount
Cons
small rest area for a big number of employees
I like this job so much because of the perfect management and awesome team
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  British Columbia , Burnaby23 October 2015
A typical day at work when we short of the staff and the store full of customers and at the same time the store so messy .
I learn a lot during me job for example how to deal with different kind of customers and how to improve the sale and made the goal for the day ,furthermore, how to do the add on at the cashier ..or how to organize the store and make it look neat and clean.
The management in our store is perfect ,because of our manager and our supervisors ,all of them friendly people and has a good plan during the day to help us reach our daily goal of sale.
My co-workers and I are very friendly ,we always work together as a team help each other and support each other with a great respect and love.
The hardest part in my job when we want to close the store and its so busy and very messy and the customers dose not like to leave the store and they keep moving the items from the shelves ,also when we face a rude customer or when we discover a shop lifting .
For me the most enjoyable part of the job , when there is a competition between the co-workers , I tried my best to win the competition , and I won three times.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
minimum hours during the week
Hectic
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 February 2016
This job requires you to make sales but with no commission or other incentives, unless its a pat on the back. Dont take making sales too seriously just do the best you can. Theres many employees, people come and go quite often.
Pros
Friends
Cons
intemidating