Tommy Hilfiger Employee Reviews

Learning Experience
Temporary Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 20, 2016
It was fun working there wish it was longer. Got to prepare clothing to go to stores and learn new things like hard tagging and how to fold properly
Fun environment and productive
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABDecember 7, 2015
My typical day at work, sometimes it's very productive and sometimes very slow, I'm a main cashier so most of my shift is gone on cash and I try my best to give the best customer service to the customers. Whenever it's not busy I do all my puts backs that customers have returned or have said no to buying. Every hour I take out the hourly read to know how far we are from reaching our goal.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
No appreications
Hectic
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 16, 2016
This job requires you to make sales but with no commission or other incentives, unless its a pat on the back. Dont take making sales too seriously just do the best you can. Theres many employees, people come and go quite often.
Pros
Friends
Cons
intemidating
decent working enviroment
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 27, 2016
very structured in the way the store is run. hard to get shifts that fit the school schedule. would recommend for high school students.
Good Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJanuary 4, 2016
It was a job that was entertaining and kept me interested and motivated. Customers became a challenge but with experience, reaching the sanctification for the customers was easy. Great co-workers and a lot of enjoyable moments.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
pay
Worst Job Ever
Men's Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Halton Hills, ONOctober 3, 2015
The discount is fantastic and my co-workers are great. You get very close with co-workers which is fun. The hours are terribly inconsistent. you can go from a 9 hour week to a 27 hour week. The management is terrible. half of them are actually really nice. the other half ruin the store. they are rude, judgemental, bias and don't care about employees. plus the entire company has illegal policies in play. at my store at least you don't get 15 minutes breaks ever. you get half hour for 6/7 hours or an hour for 8 hours. they don't promote people they just bring in new unexperienced people and put them higher than you on the store ladder. i absolutely hate it here and am looking for a new job currently. my advice is don't work here.
Pros
Great co-worker and discount
tommy
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 22, 2016
Process sales in cash and credit
• Customer service
• Light "housekeeping" Duties
• Performed Return, Exchanges & Price adjustments
• Open/Close registers
• Inventory
Good Experience
VISUAL LEAD ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  London, ONOctober 14, 2015
Good sales experience for 5 years as well as an amazing background in Visual Merchandising. I developed my skills as a merchandiser as well as leading a team of 10-20 employees daily, and delegating tasks as needed, as well as all cash functions and managerial duties.
Pros
Good team atmosphere
Cons
Far from home
Good working enviroment
Sales Assosciate (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BCOctober 31, 2015
I enjoyed my time as a sales associate. The work was a little too laid back for my taste which led to boredom some days. I enjoyed developing rapport with customers and expanding my knowledge of the industry.
Pros
Discounted purchaes
Horrible Retail Experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, OntarioAugust 6, 2015
A typical day would include working the floor and interacting with customers. You are forced to 'harass' every customer that enters the store. Management is horrible at this store, they do not take in consideration that you may be a student and have other priorities. ALOT of workplace politics especially with the management. The only thing I enjoyed about this job were my co-workers and the discount I received.
Pros
Discount, Coworkers
Cons
Long Hours, Management
Good place to work at
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABNovember 22, 2015
It was a good place to work at part-time. The managers were all good. We had to take our breaks so it was nice to have a 15 minute break in the back to eat and get off our feet for a little.
Not the best store to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BCJuly 25, 2015
The first shift is at 6am and the last ends at 11:30 pm!
You need to choose opening or closing there is no other shift.
Double standards when its about company policy what they will allowed for same it is not for everybody.
The management is very parcial therefore it is not fare with all the employees.
Pros
Nice discounts for employees
Cons
Not fare management
Very busy
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Brossard, QCNovember 1, 2015
Nice people, lot's to learn, lot's of work but worth with thanks to the amazing team. Sometimes we would have short shifts but to much to do.
Pros
Nice team
Cons
Long hours and to much to do
Fun work enviroment, good empoyees and steady work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 24, 2015
Typical Day:
- Greeting customers, locating products
- Price-checking items
- Organizing store shelves and displays
- Answer customer questions about policies, services, and products. - Returning clothes and other items proper locations
- Inventory work and security tagging expensive merchandise
- Maintaining proper stacking and locations in the stock room
Pros
Good management staff, and friendly customers
Cons
Busy during holidays and weekends and a lot of clean up
Educational and very fun
Sales Associate, Greeting, Stock, and Fitting Room (Current Employee) –  Maple, ONOctober 4, 2015
Very fast paced, and competitive, the coworkers are funny and the overall experience is capable of preparing you for a lot of different job opportunities.
Fast-paced environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BCAugust 12, 2015
Decent company to get a work portfolio started. You quickly learn how customers are to be dealt with, and develop a unique style of your own customer service. Friendly atmosphere, very dedicated to motivating employees to meeting sales quotas.
Pros
Friendly workplace
stock
Customer Service, Stock Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kingston, OntAugust 5, 2015
Unfortunately during my duration at Tommy Hilfiger I was only doing stock, the management was okay and rather bland at times, but the most enjoyable part of the job was creating a welcoming environment for people to walk into.
Cons
long, early hours.
Productive workplace
Cash lead (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCApril 28, 2015
Since I am a cashier, a typical started with doing transactions, such as returns or exchanges or large transactions that were more than $1000. I learned to deal with many types of customers such as those who didnt know english or were difficult to handle. Management and co-workers were understanding but were harsh sometimes. The hardest part of the job is when there is not enough hours were given to cashiers and the most enjoyable part was that I was able to meet new people.
Pros
Great Co-workers
Cons
Short shifts
Amazing Staff
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 3, 2015
I loved working at Tommy Hilfiger! It was the most amazing experience from all the other jobs I have had. We had an amazing management team. Both professional and easy going, the perfect mixture of business and pleasure. My managers were all very open about balancing my work and life schedule.

A typical day at work would be doing our work in an extremely friendly environment, amongst my incredible co-workers. It was my second home. I loved coming to work every day and enjoyed my day, no matter how busy or slow the day was.

I honestly cannot remember a hard part about the job. I work really well in fast paced environments, so there was no problem there. I enjoyed my time at Hilfiger and would love to go back to the company.
Pros
Amazing Management Team
Cons
Not enough hours
I like this job so much because of the perfect management and awesome team
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  British Columbia , BurnabyOctober 23, 2015
A typical day at work when we short of the staff and the store full of customers and at the same time the store so messy .
I learn a lot during me job for example how to deal with different kind of customers and how to improve the sale and made the goal for the day ,furthermore, how to do the add on at the cashier ..or how to organize the store and make it look neat and clean.
The management in our store is perfect ,because of our manager and our supervisors ,all of them friendly people and has a good plan during the day to help us reach our daily goal of sale.
My co-workers and I are very friendly ,we always work together as a team help each other and support each other with a great respect and love.
The hardest part in my job when we want to close the store and its so busy and very messy and the customers dose not like to leave the store and they keep moving the items from the shelves ,also when we face a rude customer or when we discover a shop lifting .
For me the most enjoyable part of the job , when there is a competition between the co-workers , I tried my best to win the competition , and I won three times.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
minimum hours during the week