Tommy Hilfiger Employee Reviews in Canada

Horrible Retail Experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, OntarioAugust 6, 2015
A typical day would include working the floor and interacting with customers. You are forced to 'harass' every customer that enters the store. Management is horrible at this store, they do not take in consideration that you may be a student and have other priorities. ALOT of workplace politics especially with the management. The only thing I enjoyed about this job were my co-workers and the discount I received.
Pros
Discount, Coworkers
Cons
Long Hours, Management
Good place to work at
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABNovember 22, 2015
It was a good place to work at part-time. The managers were all good. We had to take our breaks so it was nice to have a 15 minute break in the back to eat and get off our feet for a little.
Very busy
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Brossard, QCNovember 1, 2015
Nice people, lot's to learn, lot's of work but worth with thanks to the amazing team. Sometimes we would have short shifts but to much to do.
Pros
Nice team
Cons
Long hours and to much to do
Not the best store to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BCJuly 25, 2015
The first shift is at 6am and the last ends at 11:30 pm!
You need to choose opening or closing there is no other shift.
Double standards when its about company policy what they will allowed for same it is not for everybody.
The management is very parcial therefore it is not fare with all the employees.
Pros
Nice discounts for employees
Cons
Not fare management
Educational and very fun
Sales Associate, Greeting, Stock, and Fitting Room (Current Employee) –  Maple, ONOctober 4, 2015
Very fast paced, and competitive, the coworkers are funny and the overall experience is capable of preparing you for a lot of different job opportunities.
Fun work enviroment, good empoyees and steady work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 24, 2015
Typical Day:
- Greeting customers, locating products
- Price-checking items
- Organizing store shelves and displays
- Answer customer questions about policies, services, and products. - Returning clothes and other items proper locations
- Inventory work and security tagging expensive merchandise
- Maintaining proper stacking and locations in the stock room
Pros
Good management staff, and friendly customers
Cons
Busy during holidays and weekends and a lot of clean up
Fast-paced environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BCAugust 12, 2015
Decent company to get a work portfolio started. You quickly learn how customers are to be dealt with, and develop a unique style of your own customer service. Friendly atmosphere, very dedicated to motivating employees to meeting sales quotas.
Pros
Friendly workplace
stock
Customer Service, Stock Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kingston, OntAugust 5, 2015
Unfortunately during my duration at Tommy Hilfiger I was only doing stock, the management was okay and rather bland at times, but the most enjoyable part of the job was creating a welcoming environment for people to walk into.
Cons
long, early hours.
Productive workplace
Cash lead (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCApril 28, 2015
Since I am a cashier, a typical started with doing transactions, such as returns or exchanges or large transactions that were more than $1000. I learned to deal with many types of customers such as those who didnt know english or were difficult to handle. Management and co-workers were understanding but were harsh sometimes. The hardest part of the job is when there is not enough hours were given to cashiers and the most enjoyable part was that I was able to meet new people.
Pros
Great Co-workers
Cons
Short shifts
I like this job so much because of the perfect management and awesome team
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  British Columbia , BurnabyOctober 23, 2015
A typical day at work when we short of the staff and the store full of customers and at the same time the store so messy .
I learn a lot during me job for example how to deal with different kind of customers and how to improve the sale and made the goal for the day ,furthermore, how to do the add on at the cashier ..or how to organize the store and make it look neat and clean.
The management in our store is perfect ,because of our manager and our supervisors ,all of them friendly people and has a good plan during the day to help us reach our daily goal of sale.
My co-workers and I are very friendly ,we always work together as a team help each other and support each other with a great respect and love.
The hardest part in my job when we want to close the store and its so busy and very messy and the customers dose not like to leave the store and they keep moving the items from the shelves ,also when we face a rude customer or when we discover a shop lifting .
For me the most enjoyable part of the job , when there is a competition between the co-workers , I tried my best to win the competition , and I won three times.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
minimum hours during the week
Amazing Staff
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 3, 2015
I loved working at Tommy Hilfiger! It was the most amazing experience from all the other jobs I have had. We had an amazing management team. Both professional and easy going, the perfect mixture of business and pleasure. My managers were all very open about balancing my work and life schedule.

A typical day at work would be doing our work in an extremely friendly environment, amongst my incredible co-workers. It was my second home. I loved coming to work every day and enjoyed my day, no matter how busy or slow the day was.

I honestly cannot remember a hard part about the job. I work really well in fast paced environments, so there was no problem there. I enjoyed my time at Hilfiger and would love to go back to the company.
Pros
Amazing Management Team
Cons
Not enough hours
Decent place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  VaughanApril 10, 2015
The co-workers are the best thing about TH Vaughan mills. However, the management team is not coordinated and usually don't appreciate the effort that some associates put into the job. It is a very fast-paced store and mall so you will need to perfect your multi-tasking skills if you haven't so already.
Efforts and Involvement indeed gets Recognized
Sales Generation Manager (SGM) (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 1, 2015
Typical day:A particular day of the week will decide how much calories you will burn for the same.

What to Learn: It will serve you with best punctuality and time management skills.

Co-workers: Keep your head down and let your work speak for itself.

Toughest thing: To sell merchandise to an uninterested customer.

Enjoyable part: Having fun with the whole team during lunch breaks, overnight inventory check, and working with friends behind the floor.
Pros
potluck, working in the back with your own music
Cons
zombie rush during special days.
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 6, 2015
Typical day at work would include:
Walking on the sales floor, folding clothes, walking up to customers and asking them if they need any help, telling them about our sales that are going on
I learned more about customer service and attending to their needs
I enjoyed interacting with our customers and learning about the different terms in the store.
Pros
company discount
Cons
short hours
It's is an okay J.O.B
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, Ontario (Train yards establishment)January 30, 2015
The job it's self is fine. The work can be tedious, but co-workers are very friendly and personable. Often at times the managers are changed, and its not always a good thing, They don't often work as much as they should. The best part of the job is helping happy customers.
Pros
60% discount on top of customer discount on all clothes and accessories.
Cons
very low work hours in the winter time. (estimated 10 hours per month)
very good
Sales Associate (Kids Department) (Current Employee) –  Vuaghan MillsJune 2, 2015
I enjoy working there. I have made a lot of new friends and have learned a lot of new things. I recommend working here. The hardest part is maintenance on the floor especially on very busy days
Be Carefull
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  South SurreyMarch 6, 2015
Dishonest and demeaning, that is how I would describe working for this organization at the South Surrey location. My advice is to keep your head up while working for this company at this location.
Pros
Clothing discount.
Cons
Employees are nothing more than a commodity, and are treated as such
Sales Associate
Was able to lead section (Current Employee) –  Vaughan Mills MallMay 12, 2015
Fast-paced job on the weekends. Learned to manage customer service with maintaining my department. Co-workers and managers are very friendly, approachable and fun to work with.
Amazing workplace with friendly co-workers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Whiterock, BCApril 17, 2015
Working here in this friendly environment workplace was just amazing and fun. Co-workers never forget to put a smile on my face. Absolutely loved meeting customers and helping them out.
went out for work events and food
Sales Associate (Cashier) (Former Employee) –  calgary abFebruary 11, 2015
It was fun i met all kinds of people nice to mean and i saw how some people act and taught me a lot how to treat people and the environment around you. the people were very nice and it was a good time working there.
Pros
free lunches and event
Cons
9 hour days including hour break