Tommy Hilfiger Employee Reviews

attention to detail, upholding brand standards
Lead Sales Associate and Receiver (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON16 August 2017
I became a lead hand employee quickly, that turned into a visual merchandising management position. I thoroughly enjoyed my time spent there, and was able to eventually travel to opening stores and oversee the execution of the companies brand standards and train new employees. I enjoyed having a certain degree of creativity with the store designs and enjoy working with customers
Pros
flexible hours and travel
Fun, productive workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON8 August 2017
A typical day at Tommy Hilfiger is busy, although not overwhelming. There is good staff, management, and my coworkers are all friendly and outgoing and make work enjoyable. The hardest part of the job is when things such as racks and shelves in the store get relocated and you are busy trying to put away clothes although at the end of the day it is a very enjoyable place to work and overall the staff and customers are friendly.
Pros
Comfortable, understanding workplace and coworkers
Cons
good
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC30 July 2017
same as other clothing stores.
people are nice. once you are being part of them, they will welcome you a lot, more like a family.

job is not hard, but you need to make yourself busy.
nice
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON26 July 2017
this is a fun store with a great atmosphere. the people are great, clothes good, and its a great work environment. Management is great and work with you as a team
okay place to wrok
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 July 2017
minimum pay, fast environment during holiday season. did not pay for breaks. hours were short not a fixed schedule. very little hours at starting. overall 3/5
productive
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON24 July 2017
tommy hilfiger company is fun and have good people to work with. its muticulture...i learned a lot how to be a good customer service representative. most of the people who work there are very competitive.
Pros
free snacks once in a while
Cons
no weekend offs, closing shifts
Retail sales -Enjoying dealing with diverse clients
Retail sales (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 July 2017
Good working environment. Performance was appreciated by manager. Received incentives for reaching sales targets. Excellent team work. Motivation from coworkers and manager
Pros
Incentives
Cons
Long commuting time
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 July 2017
Working at Tommy Hilfiger is one of the greatest decisions I've made in my career. It is an extremely fun and happy workplace environment. Just like any other retail store, the hardest part of the job is customer service during holidays such as Christmas, etc. However, Tommy Hilfiger has taught me quite a few things. I have learnt how to better interact with people, work efficiently during rushed times, and also provide exceptional customer service.
Pros
Job benefits
Cons
Few hours
Turnover
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON29 June 2017
This place was decent for a summer job. However, there was a ton of turnover as the job itself is not great, and upper management is quite poor. Again, okay for a summer job.
Time consuming and poor salary
Lead Associate (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC28 June 2017
They don't give enough hours, it's hard to become full-time, but management team is good. Salary is a disaster, even if your are full-time or supervisor.
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
poor salay
Good Place to Work
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  South Edmonton Common27 June 2017
It is a busy place. There is a lot to learn. I have almost learned all aspects of business here. Management team is really friendly. Overall good place to work.
Pretty good company, not great management at location worked
Lead Cashier (Former Employee) –  Halton Hills, ON26 June 2017
Great atmosphere in terms of the brand itself, what we sold, company values etc. Did not like the management after turnover occurred.

Perhaps they should be more focused on customer service when issues occur. Not all management cares about customer complaints,
Pros
Great clothes
Cons
Lp too harsh
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC24 June 2017
Worked their for two years as a seasonal sales associate. The experienced gained was a great opportunity. Worked along side amazing people which made the job setting a lot more easier. The hardest part of the job (that you do get use to) is standing up on your feet all day and having to deal with rude customers. The easiest part was having to communicate with customers.
Pros
Good breaks
Cons
Most organized place i have worked
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Cookstown, ON17 June 2017
Great company to work for, many opportunities for advancement. Quality of merchandise is exceptionable. A company that has an amazing training program.
productive and fun to work at
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC8 June 2017
I like working at the casino. People are always pleasant and very helpful. Management team are very awesome as well and they love taking their time teaching you the good things that they know.
Worst job experience ever
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON2 June 2017
terrible experience. I was extremely excited to work for this brand. However, It has been the worst job experience of my life. The manager Lacks values that this company claims to stand for. This store does not work as a "team" and the manager is extremely rude and arrogant. Manangment demands respect and courtesy when they lack all of these values. I have worked for many stressful jobs for a long time and no employer has ever had a complaint about my ethics. However, ever since working with tommy it was apparent that the employees availabilities to handle the job were always questioned and instead of being encouraged everyone is always disrespected. To add, I have heard complaints from older employees about being called manipulative, immature and accused with having no manners in the past. Overall, the voice of the employee is never heard in this store and It is unbelievable the unprofessionalism and work ethic. I could not even stand this place for a week, making the choice of resigning from my position. Make yourself a favour and do not work for this company.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Management, inflexibility, long hours
Enjoyable and fun at tommy hilfiger
team lead associate (Former Employee) –  Alberta1 June 2017
learned how to deal with kinds of people
work as a team and an individual
workplace culture is so good and it feels like the second home
the busy day like a weekend, boxing day, black Friday its fun to work there
Environnement énergique et enrichissant
Associée aux ventes (Current Employee) –  Mirabel, QC16 May 2017
Milieu de travail où nos capacités sont valorisées et nos faiblesses travaillées afin d'offrir le meilleur de nous. Clientèle majoritairement multi ethnique. Bilinguisme recommandé fortement.
Pros
Demandes de congés, rotations de postes
Cons
Pauses courtes
Good place to start as a worker, the employees are nice and the company likes to involve itself with the community.
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 May 2017
I learned how to properly work as a stock associate. Even though I would not always see eye to eye with other people, at the end of the day I could still respect them and learn from them.
Pros
Good benefits, good people.
Cons
Lack of hours.
Fast paced workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON11 May 2017
The management is unprofessional (associates do more work than managers), expect you to do everything at once, little opportunities for advancements, floor changes everyday (can't make up their minds). Associates work too hard for a low wage. It can be very busy on the weekends. Learned a lot in my 3 years working there, stayed because of the people.
Pros
Locker room, coworkers
Cons
Low wage, management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tommy Hilfiger. Our community is ready to answer.