Tommy Hilfiger Employee Reviews

Poor management
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON21 November 2017
Before management would internally promote employees based on their performance. Now, there is a lot of favouritism amongst managers and employees, which is strictly unprofessional because they simply only promote their friends in a heart-beat.

Moreover, management doesn't lead by example and constantly demand orders. Rarely, has anybody been rewarded or praised for their performance. A lot of the time, management would barely do any work and constantly yell at employees over the walkie talkie....most of the time they hid in their office unless they are SGMing.

I've been working here for almost 5 years. The environment isn't so great to work in anymore.
Pros
busy
Bon environnement de travail
Vendeuse (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC10 November 2017
Très belle équipe de travail, les gérants/gérantes sont très agréables. Les horaires sont flexibles.
Continuously adapting to the industry, but the job can be very repetitive.
Floor Manager (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ON2 November 2017
Lot's repetitive tasks, no one day will be the same but if you do not enjoy that type of work it will get tedious very quickly. The company is quick to adjust to any mistakes it makes in previous years constantly adapting to current trends in the retail and fashion industry. Upper management is good, but moving up in the company is difficult. Good customers make the job fun and enjoyable, but bad customers will easily trump that feeling.
Pros
Great sale discount.
Cons
Work weekends, holiday season very busy.
Good working environment. Great management and staff.
Customer Service Assistant/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON2 November 2017
Tommy Hilfiger is a great corporation to work for. The management is very understandable and professional. I have learned many skills at this job, like how to handle customers, how to speak to them, how to be organized, how to be efficient and a lot more. The staff at Tommy Hilfiger is great.
Always keeping busy
Sale Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC26 October 2017
I have transferred between two Tommy's and they both keep you very busy. There is never not a job to do whether it is out on the floor or in the back. You are constantly keeping up, especially with tidying! Customers are the number one priority regardless, which is the best part because being able to help them is always amazing. You can also pick up some things among different languages the more you work, as this place is always full of diverse people walking through the door!
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 October 2017
They are flexible with the schedule although the hours aren't that great. Some of the employees that have been working there for longer were rude but overall its not that bad.
Co workers make working there a lot better
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON21 October 2017
Honestly, the best part about working here would be the co workers and the amazing friendship you develop with them. Obviously the generous discount is a plus but that novelty wears off since its not like you buy clothing every week from there. That's about all the good i have to say about this store. The management gives special treatment and promotes those whom they have a close relationship with even though they may not be the best employees rather than those who truly deserve it. They expect you to go above and beyond your job description and do work meant for those with higher job titles. I believe that if you are being given extra work you should be paid as such. There is so much disorder with the way this place is run, particularly with the departments and the stock room as it is constantly a mess but is rarely dealt with.
not fun
Lead associate (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC21 October 2017
not good salary, worst condition and no respect for employees, sometimes you work 5 hours and dont have any break, you dont get an augmentation for your salary
Poor work environment
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC20 October 2017
I did not feel respected by the other employees and I didn't get to have the same amount of break as the other employees it was very messy in the back and not very accommodating. I was told that I was hired part-time as a high school student for the year but they ended up using me to their advantage over the holiday and then fired me after New Year's. They didn't accommodate my needs what so ever.
Pros
free dinner once
Cons
Long hours, bad management, dirty, short breaks
Terrible
Sales (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON20 October 2017
Terrible place to work. The best part of the job was the employee discount. Employees aren't valued and there are way too many expectations set out. There as a full time sales person and much time was spent visual merchandising so time was spent away from trying to get sales. Management would be upset if my sales numbers were down. Couldn't win either way.
hard place to work but good people
Stock Associate/ shipper (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON10 October 2017
good people work at tommy hilfiger. You always have someone around to help you out. The hard part of the job was when it was super busy to much going on. most enjoyable part of the job was learning new things and working with your co workers. management was okay, they were all nice and hard workers.
Pros
hour lunch
Cons
weird scheduling
Store had its moments but management become weak and didn’t get the associates respect
Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON10 October 2017
New management is required for the store especially the head management. I put a lot of effort into making that stock room the best to my abilities but management didn’t have power to help me or any of the stock associates to keep it at its best
A mess
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 October 2017
I have learned that you are not allowed to be yourself while working, and I understand being professional, but I feel like customer service goes beyond then just the knowledge of wherever you work. Hardest part of the job is putting up with the passive aggressive managers.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Atmostphere
Productive and fun workplace.
Associate (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON27 September 2017
Making sales and greeting customers is what Tommys all about. Making sure customers find what they're looking for in a clean and tidy store is mainly what I had to do. Stocking and other small chores were also apart of my job but it helped make time go by on a slow day.
Lots of clothes to try on !
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB25 September 2017
didnt stay long but I did learn to organize clothes and display them properly.
Fun to work with many people every shift.
always new clothes to try
hardest part would have been the proper way to fold without making a mess of the sales floor
Fun workplace
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 September 2017
This store located in Heartland, Mississauga is a great place to work, especially for students in high school seeking their first part-time job. Although the hours are not the best, they are flexible with their schedule
productive
Cashier/Floor Assistant (Part-Time) (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 September 2017
the best company to work for when it comes to family, everyone works together to get the job done, they take constructive critism very well and make wrongs into writes, management very reasonable.
Pros
everything except pay
Cons
salary
Classic Brand and challanging place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB20 September 2017
A great Brand with an old school mindset. Most of the expectations are to sell sell sell. There is a small learning and development culture as well as consistent reviews.
Fun and interesting
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tsawwassen, BC18 September 2017
The people that worked at tommy Hilfiger were awesome! The managers were great and very friendly they pushed you to try your hardest and over all made the best associate you could be.
Overall good place to work
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  London, ON6 September 2017
fast pace environment, with decent people to work with, Helped build my character as well as teach me valuable skills for a workplace as well as the real world. management works well with employees and there is room for advancement and growth within the company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tommy Hilfiger. Our community is ready to answer.