Tommy Hilfiger

Tommy Hilfiger Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
tommy
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 22, 2016
Process sales in cash and credit
• Customer service
• Light "housekeeping" Duties
• Performed Return, Exchanges & Price adjustments
• Open/Close registers
• Inventory
Good Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Brampton, ONJanuary 4, 2016
Pros: Co-workers
Cons: pay
It was a job that was entertaining and kept me interested and motivated. Customers became a challenge but with experience, reaching the sanctification for the customers was easy. Great co-workers and a lot of enjoyable moments.
Fun environment and productive
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABDecember 7, 2015
Pros: Flexible Hours
Cons: No appreications
My typical day at work, sometimes it's very productive and sometimes very slow, I'm a main cashier so most of my shift is gone on cash and I try my best to give the best customer service to the customers. Whenever it's not busy I do all my puts backs that customers have returned or have said no to buying. Every hour I take out the hourly read to know how far we are from reaching our goal.
Good place to work at
sales associate (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 22, 2015
It was a good place to work at part-time. The managers were all good. We had to take our breaks so it was nice to have a 15 minute break in the back to eat and get off our feet for a little.
Very busy
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee), Brossard, QCNovember 1, 2015
Pros: Nice team
Cons: Long hours and to much to do
Nice people, lot's to learn, lot's of work but worth with thanks to the amazing team. Sometimes we would have short shifts but to much to do.
Good working enviroment
Sales Assosciate (Former Employee), Kelowna, BCOctober 31, 2015
Pros: Discounted purchaes
Cons: Management
I enjoyed my time as a sales associate. The work was a little too laid back for my taste which led to boredom some days. I enjoyed developing rapport with customers and expanding my knowledge of the industry.
I like this job so much because of the perfect management and awesome team
Sales Associate (Current Employee), British Columbia , BurnabyOctober 23, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: minimum hours during the week
A typical day at work when we short of the staff and the store full of customers and at the same time the store so messy .
I learn a lot during me job for example how to deal with different kind of customers and how to improve the sale and made the goal for the day ,furthermore, how to do the add on at the cashier ..or how to organize the store and make it look neat and clean.
The management in our store is perfect ,because of our manager and our supervisors ,all of them friendly people and has a good plan during the day to help us reach our daily goal of sale.
My co-workers and I are very friendly ,we always work together as a team help each other and support each other with a great respect and love.
The hardest part in my job when we want to close the store and its so busy and very messy and the customers dose not like to leave the store and they keep moving the items from the shelves ,also when we face a rude customer or when we discover a shop lifting .
For me the most enjoyable part of the job , when there is a competition between the co-workers , I tried my best to win the competition , and I won three times.
Good Experience
VISUAL LEAD ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), London, ONOctober 14, 2015
Pros: Good team atmosphere
Cons: Far from home
Good sales experience for 5 years as well as an amazing background in Visual Merchandising. I developed my skills as a merchandiser as well as leading a team of 10-20 employees daily, and delegating tasks as needed, as well as all cash functions and managerial duties.
Educational and very fun
Sales Associate, Greeting, Stock, and Fitting Room (Current Employee), Maple, ONOctober 4, 2015
Very fast paced, and competitive, the coworkers are funny and the overall experience is capable of preparing you for a lot of different job opportunities.
Worst Job Ever
Men's Sales Associate (Current Employee), Halton Hills, ONOctober 3, 2015
Pros: Great co-worker and discount
Cons: Management
The discount is fantastic and my co-workers are great. You get very close with co-workers which is fun. The hours are terribly inconsistent. you can go from a 9 hour week to a 27 hour week. The management is terrible. half of them are actually really nice. the other half ruin the store. they are rude, judgemental, bias and don't care about employees. plus the entire company has illegal policies in play. at my store at least you don't get 15 minutes breaks ever. you get half hour for 6/7 hours or an hour for 8 hours. they don't promote people they just bring in new unexperienced people and put them higher than you on the store ladder. i absolutely hate it here and am looking for a new job currently. my advice is don't work here.
Fast-paced environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), New Westminster, BCAugust 12, 2015
Pros: Friendly workplace
Decent company to get a work portfolio started. You quickly learn how customers are to be dealt with, and develop a unique style of your own customer service. Friendly atmosphere, very dedicated to motivating employees to meeting sales quotas.
Horrible Retail Experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Brampton, OntarioAugust 6, 2015
Pros: Discount, Coworkers
Cons: Long Hours, Management
A typical day would include working the floor and interacting with customers. You are forced to 'harass' every customer that enters the store. Management is horrible at this store, they do not take in consideration that you may be a student and have other priorities. ALOT of workplace politics especially with the management. The only thing I enjoyed about this job were my co-workers and the discount I received.
stock
Customer Service, Stock Assistant (Former Employee), Kingston, OntAugust 5, 2015
Cons: long, early hours.
Unfortunately during my duration at Tommy Hilfiger I was only doing stock, the management was okay and rather bland at times, but the most enjoyable part of the job was creating a welcoming environment for people to walk into.
Not the best store to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), New Westminster, BCJuly 25, 2015
Pros: Nice discounts for employees
Cons: Not fare management
The first shift is at 6am and the last ends at 11:30 pm!
You need to choose opening or closing there is no other shift.
Double standards when its about company policy what they will allowed for same it is not for everybody.
The management is very parcial therefore it is not fare with all the employees.
Fun work enviroment, good empoyees and steady work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJune 24, 2015
Pros: Good management staff, and friendly customers
Cons: Busy during holidays and weekends and a lot of clean up
Typical Day:
- Greeting customers, locating products
- Price-checking items
- Organizing store shelves and displays
- Answer customer questions about policies, services, and products. - Returning clothes and other items proper locations
- Inventory work and security tagging expensive merchandise
- Maintaining proper stacking and locations in the stock room
very good
Sales Associate (Kids Department) (Current Employee), Vuaghan MillsJune 2, 2015
I enjoy working there. I have made a lot of new friends and have learned a lot of new things. I recommend working here. The hardest part is maintenance on the floor especially on very busy days
Job is nothing special
Sales Associate (Current Employee), VancouverMay 31, 2015
typical retail environment with not much room for improvement and has no future to grow in due to the lack of pay and job availablitiy
Fun work place with great employees
Retail (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 13, 2015
Pros: My store was in a mall so there was a variety of food to choose from
Cons: My store was in a mall therefore your always tempted to spend your money
My job was really fun i loved working at Tommy. I started off as a stock boy then they moved me to store front because they loved the way i handled my customers. The job was really simple, you start work you get whats called a take 5, which is your task, daily goals and sales for that day. Then after that you get to work on helping costumers and cleaning the area you've been positioned.
Tommy taught me how to become a smart shopper. Thanks to my experience at Tommy i never see a retail store the same way again, i notice every little thing.
The Tommy team was Great all my mangers loved me. The main manger considered me his son
The hardest part of the job was making your goal. When you get your take 5 they tell you how much your supposed to make that shift and you should always come near it, but Tommy didn't always have a lot of customer traffic so it wasn't always easy making your daily goal.
The best part of the job was the employee discount 65% off.
Sales Associate
Was able to lead section (Current Employee), Vaughan Mills MallMay 12, 2015
Fast-paced job on the weekends. Learned to manage customer service with maintaining my department. Co-workers and managers are very friendly, approachable and fun to work with.
Productive workplace
Cash lead (Former Employee), Surrey, BCApril 28, 2015
Pros: Great Co-workers
Cons: Short shifts
Since I am a cashier, a typical started with doing transactions, such as returns or exchanges or large transactions that were more than $1000. I learned to deal with many types of customers such as those who didnt know english or were difficult to handle. Management and co-workers were understanding but were harsh sometimes. The hardest part of the job is when there is not enough hours were given to cashiers and the most enjoyable part was that I was able to meet new people.
Headquarters