Tommy Hilfiger Employee Reviews in Canada

It was a chill place to work at with a good environment.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 10, 2016
When I get to work I clock in then get ready to go out on the floor and get filled in on the sales we've made that day.
When that is over, I would go around ask customers if they need any assistance and keep the store tidy by folding and putting away clothes where they belong.
Our management team is very friendly and willing to help us if we encounter any sort of problem. Same goes for my co-workers they were easy to talk to and get along with which makes things run a lot smoother.
I love helping customers and that was the best part of my job - when I could offer the best service for our customers and have them leave the store satisfied.
Pros
Nice environment; close to many food places; friendly co-workers and managers.
Cons
Short hours.
Horrible Retail Experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, OntarioAugust 6, 2015
A typical day would include working the floor and interacting with customers. You are forced to 'harass' every customer that enters the store. Management is horrible at this store, they do not take in consideration that you may be a student and have other priorities. ALOT of workplace politics especially with the management. The only thing I enjoyed about this job were my co-workers and the discount I received.
Pros
Discount, Coworkers
Cons
Long Hours, Management
Friendly team with a lot of good people
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ONJune 26, 2016
Everyone was willing to help me with things that I had trouble learning how to do ( the amount of times I was taught to fold a shirt is crazy). I asked for more hours and I got more hours which was awesome. the only thing I didn't like was that at the time I was working, which was the winter holidays, were went allowed to leave the store until everything was cleaned up. The latest I got home at was 2 am in the morning which for a student caused some conflict with my school work. All the managers were really cool and I loved working there.
Pros
Good people
Good Experience
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 26, 2016
Tommy Hilfiger provided me a unique experience by working in 3 stores two in GTA and one in Montreal, QC. Understanding the retail business and Customer Service role which is related to cultures in GTA and Montreal quite rich learning experience of Retail Industry and culture.
Worst Job Ever
Men's Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Halton Hills, ONOctober 3, 2015
The discount is fantastic and my co-workers are great. You get very close with co-workers which is fun. The hours are terribly inconsistent. you can go from a 9 hour week to a 27 hour week. The management is terrible. half of them are actually really nice. the other half ruin the store. they are rude, judgemental, bias and don't care about employees. plus the entire company has illegal policies in play. at my store at least you don't get 15 minutes breaks ever. you get half hour for 6/7 hours or an hour for 8 hours. they don't promote people they just bring in new unexperienced people and put them higher than you on the store ladder. i absolutely hate it here and am looking for a new job currently. my advice is don't work here.
Pros
Great co-worker and discount
Retail
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJuly 19, 2016
Requires performing retail tasks including cleaning (mopping, sweeping). You must be meeting on exceeding sales goals as well as knowledge about the clothing line. You are required to wear tommy clothes but receive a good discount on multiple stores.
Pros
Fun group of people to work with
Cons
Long hours at times
Costumer Service (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 8, 2016
My typical day at work, sometimes it's very productive and sometimes very slow, I'm a main cashier so most of my shift is gone on cash and I try my best to give the best customer service to the customers. Whenever it's not busy I do all my puts backs that customers have returned or have said no to buying. Every hour I take out the hourly read to know how far we are from reaching our goal.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
No appreciations
Comfortable, outgoing work environment
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ONMay 5, 2016
Workplace was well laid out with open and friendly staff. Management was strict and unforgiving. Job allowed me to communicate with people on a daily basis, gave me an understanding of cash operations and sales experience.
Pros
Friendly Co-workers
Cons
Strict Management
I like this job so much because of the perfect management and awesome team
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  British Columbia , BurnabyOctober 23, 2015
A typical day at work when we short of the staff and the store full of customers and at the same time the store so messy .
I learn a lot during me job for example how to deal with different kind of customers and how to improve the sale and made the goal for the day ,furthermore, how to do the add on at the cashier ..or how to organize the store and make it look neat and clean.
The management in our store is perfect ,because of our manager and our supervisors ,all of them friendly people and has a good plan during the day to help us reach our daily goal of sale.
My co-workers and I are very friendly ,we always work together as a team help each other and support each other with a great respect and love.
The hardest part in my job when we want to close the store and its so busy and very messy and the customers dose not like to leave the store and they keep moving the items from the shelves ,also when we face a rude customer or when we discover a shop lifting .
For me the most enjoyable part of the job , when there is a competition between the co-workers , I tried my best to win the competition , and I won three times.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
minimum hours during the week
Great place to work with and a sense of camaraderie
Sales Associate & Customer Relations (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 18, 2016
Tommy Hilfiger was a great place to work with. They were accommodating and definitely have such lovely people working in there. I was fortunate to have great working hours and fantastic co-workers.
Pros
50% discount on clothing
Cons
May Get understaffed at times
Stock Associate
Sales Associate/Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 30, 2016
Terrible Company, I would never work here again if my life depended on it. Not much room for promotions, employees, employers suck. Get paid minimum wage for hard labour. Takes years to attain managerial positions, managers don't get paid much.
fun to work with new fresh individual.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCApril 13, 2016
Make a sale and educate customer,being on this company gave me an endurance to excel in different area such as cashiering learning how to make a quota everyday push my self to have a lot of confidence.
Pros
discount on thier product
Cons
long and execessive standing
It's a very friendly environment
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 10, 2016
Day at Tommy is fun and exciting. I enjoy the fact that I meet new people everyday and I have built several really great relationships with my customers over the time. The whole staff from managers to fellow associates are like family. I do everything from stocks to sales to cash and love working in every department.
Organised and productive enviroment to work in
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 11, 2016
Tommy Hilifger is an awesome job, it allows me to work with and great team that helps you become a better associate everyday with a positive enviroment.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Bad breaks
Horrible environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BCJune 19, 2016
- rude employees & managers
- unacceptable behavior
- laborious duties
Managers are really strict and always favor their favorites and dis encourage other employees
Pros
Cons
many
Launch of a new brand for the Aldo group
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 3, 2016
This brand was created for a mature customer. This was a new division for the Aldo group which controlled all of the shoe market
Pros
Great shoes
Cons
Poor upper management
Very Friendly
Sales Associate (Temporary) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 6, 2016
Most workers are very friendly and welcoming! The environment is so wonderful and everyone likes to work together to get a task done.
Pros
Lunches
Cons
Short lunches
Good working enviroment
Sales Assosciate (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BCOctober 31, 2015
I enjoyed my time as a sales associate. The work was a little too laid back for my taste which led to boredom some days. I enjoyed developing rapport with customers and expanding my knowledge of the industry.
Pros
Discounted purchaes
Great Company
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ONMay 12, 2016
Great company to work for , good employees and management
No racial profiling
great environment
Clean workplace
Respectful
Understanding
Learning Experience
Temporary Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 20, 2016
It was fun working there wish it was longer. Got to prepare clothing to go to stores and learn new things like hard tagging and how to fold properly