Tommy Bahama Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Terrible
Floor supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 July 2017
Everything about this company is horrible. You have to wear only Tommy Bahama clothing and I was told that it didn't matter if they didn't have something in my size I was expected to stretch these cotton dresses over my fat and work eight hours feeling like a stuffed sausage. The pay was awful considering what you are expected to do and my managers were very very rude!
Pros
free clothers (very strict rules)
Not nearly what I expected
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Canada8 June 2016
Although the job was moderately fun and easygoing, there was no security or proper management. The managers and supervisors were unprepared for each day and were often late.
Pros
Free clothes every few months
Cons
Not enough hours
Fun and enjoyable job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 August 2015
From the beginning of the shift there is not even a moment that you will be bored or with any task assigned. Very fast paced environment.
Little room for growth and co-workers are too nosey
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto22 April 2015
I have worked here for a few months now and at first I did like the job but it was more the people whom I worked with that made the experience uncomfortable for reasons that I do not know and could have been avoidable I am sure. The responsibilities are not evenly given in terms of tasks. The middle management or assistant managers are very caddy and are more rude to some then others because they are on a power trip. When you tell management about the problems you are having with co-workers they say they will handle it internally but they don't they call HR and try to get you to get witnesses for your said problem discussed which is unfair to bring other co-workers into a situation that is between yourself and another co-worker. They do not know how to handle many situations within the retail store. Differences are not overseen between co-workers and people cannot get along well during work. It is not a team work environment rather a poison environment for anybody who is relatively new or that they do not like and choose not to like. Overall I would not recommend working here
Pros
Nice Manager, Bonuses each month, Free Clothes
Cons
Management cannot handle situations, co-workers, breaks are not given when it is mandatory, tasks not evenly distributed