The Today ‘N’ Tomorrow Learning Society is seeking a qualified individual to administer the Today ‘N’ Tomorrow Young Parent Program – an education-based, young parent program that provides educational, childcare, outreach, health and parenting support to young parents in School District no. 71 (Comox Valley), who wish to continue their education.
The incumbent will be responsible for coordinating a team of educational, health and childcare professionals to support young parents in fulfilling their parenting roles and educational goals.
Applicants are asked to send a cover letter and resume to the Human Resources Committee of the Today ‘N’ Tomorrow Learning Society by replying to this posting by April 5th, 2013. Only those applicants who will be interviewed will be contacted.
Start Date: Late August 2013
The following qualifications are required but an equivalent combination of training and experience may be accepted
- Diploma in Early Childhood Education/Bachelor of Child and Youth Care or related field
- Minimum two years’ experience working with young parents
- Experience working with an interdisciplinary team
- Minimum two years’ experience with group work
- Knowledge of child development
- Current Emergency Child Care First Aid or equivalent
- Ability to establish and maintain harmonious relationships with all individuals involved with the Today ‘N’ Tomorrow Program
- Ability to relate to young parents and their individual circumstances in a supportive manner
- Ability to deal with stressful situations, remaining calm while ensuring everyone is treated with respect and dignity
- Ability to work as an effective and interactive society team member
- Ability to advocate for the program and the families it serves
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills