TNS

TNS Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
good student job, not a career
Market Research Interviewer (Former Employee), London, ONMay 16, 2013
Pros: meet cool people
Cons: dealing with angry people
• calling people either at their work or home to conduct interviews
• I learned how to deal professionally and politely to individuals and deescalate aggressive situations
• management was mediocre, some were good and others were bad. It was such a large company there were dozens of managers.
• Co-workers are great, I met a lot of people who I am still – more... friends with until this day. The company is so large, you find a group of people that works for you.
• the hardest part of the job was dealing with angry people who yell and threat
• the most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new fun people at work and they were very flexible with my hours while I was in University. It paid decent, above minimum wage which is great when you're a student. – less
Perfect part time during studies
Bilingual survey interviewer (Former Employee), Montréal, QCMay 11, 2013
Pros: very flexible schedule
Cons: work not guaranteed
Its a boring job, but perfect to have as a part time job during your studies.
Gone out of business
Specialty Supervisor (Former Employee), Thunder Bay, ONApril 4, 2013
It has now gone out of business. It was a call centre that did market research.
Good Environment
Survey Interviewer (Former Employee), London, ONOctober 6, 2012
It was a good job, I enjoyed it for the most part.
A typical day at work would be,coming in sitting down and starting doing the survey interviews over the phone and time just seemed to go by fairly fast. It was quite the easy job.
Good people to work with, no job growth
System Engineer III (Current Employee), Tampa, FLNovember 3, 2014
No job growth or career path. Looking for greater career opportunities and growth.
Drector of Multi-Country Project Management
Director of Project Management (Current Employee), Toledo, OhioOctober 13, 2014
I manage a team of international project managers.
Team handles online and offline methodologies for both consumer and B2B targets across a wide array of business sectors.
Promising company that offers career growth
Project Manager/ Executive Assistant (Current Employee), nationwideOctober 13, 2014
I'm contracted for my services and its agreed that I manage my own schedule. In this role of Project Manager/ Executive Assistant I have learn to be more diversified and place emphasis on my multitasking skills. I'm Executive Assistant to the Owner/ CEO and its my responsibility to keep him continuously updated in regards to all that has to do with – more... company. I enjoy most the leadership skills that I am developing steadfastly. – less
nice people to work with
Assistant Supervisor (Current Employee), HullSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: short shifts that fit around my home needs
Cons: 0 hour contract
I have 2 roles some days I am a telephone interviewer and others I am the assistant supervisor I have learned a few computer skills, the management team are a lovely understanding group of people and very approachable.My co-workers are all lovely people, it is a very friendly fun place to work, the down side to the job is that it is a 0 hour contract – more... and shifts are not guaranteed therefore, some weeks I have no pay – less
Performance driven workplace
Telephone Interviewer (Current Employee), Kingston upon Hull, ENGSeptember 25, 2014
Time spent interviewing respondents builds good people skills.
hectic
makert research (Current Employee), Port Elizabeth, ECSeptember 25, 2014
Pros: free lunch for out of town jobs
Cons: search
given a location to work at you must go there, find the people you need to interview following the quota given. It is hard when you cant find the people who meet the specific job quota.
Productive, slow-paced enviornment
Telephone Interviewer (Former Employee), Toledo, OHSeptember 9, 2014
I liked the job but it was very slow paced. All day long we called different business asking them to participate in surveys. You get yelled at and hung up on constantly.
very good place to work good steady independent work
Interviewer (Former Employee), Youngstown, OHJuly 17, 2014
Pros: lunches can take anytime breaks good
Cons: hard steady work
very good people that I worked with very comfortable setting
Challenging and detail oriented projects
Senior Associate, Data Processing (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 17, 2014
Pros: smaller teams created better relationships.
Cons: processes and procedures changed before they were completely implemented and useful
Day to day workload varied based on timeline of a project. Typically used Dimensions software to write cleans, and data tables. Ensured 100% accuracy of all work created (tables, datafiles, etc).
Used Excel to help streamline writing programs and/or pulling data.
Clients demand perfection and demand it quickly. Turning around large projects in a short – more... amount of time always proved challenging because you did not want to sacrifice quality in meeting tight timing. This is where co-worker were extremely helpful. My team worked well together and was able to jump in on projects and help verify data and ensure accuracy.
I enjoyed the challenge of multi tasking and always doing something different. The overall goal was the same - to produce error free, high quality data tables/deliverables to the client by the scheduled deadline. However, the specifics of each job were custom, so I was always able to incorporate new skills, which I could then apply to future projects. – less
Flexible job suited to your needs
Telephone interviewer (Former Employee), Kingston upon Hull, ENGJuly 8, 2014
Pros: flexible contract, up to 6 weeks holiday
Cons: zero hour contract
TNS are very good at accommodating to other aspects of their employee's lives such as studies or other employment. It was a well-managed environment with friendly employees surrounding you.
Mediocre Employer
Telephone Interviewer (Former Employee), Kingston upon Hull, ENGJune 17, 2014
Pros:
-Friendly staff
-Good public interaction experience
-Easy to adapt to different survey's

Cons:
-Due to my position being on a zero hour contract, shifts were never guaranteed.
-Server problems
-Mediocre management
-Humid working conditions
not even if it was the last company on earth
Account Manager (Former Employee), DubaiJune 8, 2014
You will notice only interviewers rate it highly. It is totally a bad place to work. It is a machine that makes money against its very own people. It is dysfunctional demoralising and not appreciative of its talent nor rewarding to its employees. Management profiles remind those of family owned businesses rather than a multinational company. It is only – more... to laugh at. I am so glad I got out of this. Worst. Company. Ever. – less
Recruitment Specialist
Recruitment Specialist (Current Employee), West BromwichMay 22, 2014
My role is to recruit businesses to join the postal review for the Royal Mail.

I have learnt how to objection handle when businesses do not want to take part.

Management are fantastic. Always there when you need them for personal and professional matters.

The hardest part was to recruit and hit the targets which I am doing now.

I enjoy the company. – more... We ll help each other and motivate each other when we are feeling disheartened. – less
Great agency
Senior Research Executive (Former Employee), 上海市, C23April 18, 2014
Great personnel environment
Good on-job training of juniors
Good research types
Good relationship with clients
Busy!
Account Manager/Project Director (Former Employee), Stamford, CTMarch 5, 2014
I learned that even though details don't matter to everyone, make sure your work is accurate! Intense.
Great place to work with a team atmosphere
Vice President (Former Employee), Horsham, PAFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: very family friendly- encourages a good balance between family and work
Cons: they tend to lay off people frequently
They honor their commitments made during the hiring process. They are flexible when working from home is a necessity. They are family friendly. They encourage a company camaraderie. They keep the employees informed.

1 2 3 4

About TNS

Telecom companies that can't afford to spend more on in-house technical personnel can turn to ADEX for their outsourced staffing, – Read more