TNS Global Employee Reviews

Great co-workers, but the company is less so
Accountant (Former Employee) –  LondonMay 30, 2016
Great co-workers, but the company is less so as they expect you to do long hours without even thank you. No bonuses, no pay rises, no promotions
Pros
Free breakfasts
Cons
Long hours, no bonuses, no pay rises, no promotions
Fun atmosphere
Telephone Interviewer (Current Employee) –  Hull City CentreMarch 3, 2016
I have worked for TNS three times over the years and always have a good time there. It is a zero hours contract but regular work is offered on a weekly basis and the staff and management are always friendly and supportive. I would recommend working here.
Fun to work at initially, no job security
Allocator & Administration (Current Employee) –  High WycombeFebruary 12, 2016
When I had first started with TNS, I had arrived there after being made redundant from Ramada Jarvis since the company was bought out. The team at my previous job were very friendly and we'd often socialise outside of work, which I felt was healthy to a working environment. This wasn't really the case with TNS, as not many employees there seemed to care a great deal about their job or others, they were just 'getting on with it' so to speak.
Overall my job role was satisfactory, and the salary was absolutely fine, but as we were on a zero hour contract, work was not guaranteed. This would usually work out to be fine, but sometimes we'd have a week off in a month or something along those lines, resulting in cut pay, meaning it was more difficult to pay rent/bills etc.
This is why I'm needing to find a contracted job with set pay, and working environment that will make me enjoy going into work each day.
Pros
Casual dress code, no uniforms. Early finish on Fridays at 4pm
Cons
No guaranteed work, days/weeks given off with no pay. Half an hour lunches.
TNS is overall a nice place to work.
Global Billings Supervisor (Current Employee) –  LondonJanuary 17, 2016
I have enjoyed my time at TNS and have been pleased with my managers however I feel I have gone as far as I can in the role and am ready to move onto new challenges.
Pros
People are nice to work with
Cons
no room for me to grow in my current role there
Boring but easy workplace
Telephone Interviewer (Former Employee) –  hullSeptember 27, 2015
Working at TNS was a new experience which I enjoyed, the work wasn't as difficult as I first thought as I learned and taught myself new things.
Pros
good pay/ socially
Cons
long periods of sitting down
Job involved Cold Calling at Residences for important Government Studies.
Market Research Interviewer (Former Employee) –  London, ENGJuly 10, 2015
Due to excellent Response Rates achieved was promoted to Senior Grade of Interviewers within 1 1/2 yr of working.
I have worked with the UK's largest Market Research Company having a global presence in more than 28 countries.
I have been able to adapt to the Rough Weather and also the British Culture whilst my stay of nearly 7 yrs. in London.
Travelled to many cities for achieving the Projected Response Rates and delivered High Quality and Accurate Data for Research and Analysis purpose.
My Manager was very upset when I was leaving and has made provisions for my return to job guarantee due to my performance.
I have achieved numerous incentives and was regularly rewarded and my work was recognised and acknowledged by all the senior members in our organisation.
Pros
Meal Allowances provided for every 6 hrs worked.
Cons
Worked in Rough Weathers even at late nights on appointments sought.
Productive but friendly
(Market Research Company) Project Assistant (Current Employee) –  West BromwichMay 2, 2015
Friendly enviroment, if you seek to learn and be noticed require a lot of effort. Deadlines are taken seriously and must be completed it can be very stressful at the time. Management is business focused, but will help with any personal/work related issues.
workplace
Recruitment Assistant (Former Employee) –  west bromwichFebruary 23, 2015
I enjoyed this job as it was talking to a number of people on a daily basis which was different people.

There was a number of people there that I trained and showed them the ropes
Productive but repetitive work
Senior Research Executive (Current Employee) –  Bangalore, KarnatakaApril 8, 2014
All mentioned in resume.
Handled below mentioned projects:

• Brand Track: Continuous study of a lifestyle brand with a quarterly reporting. To track the brand parameters, marketing activities and consumer behavior towards the category and the brand
• Brand Repositioning Study: To understand how well the repositioning strategy worked for the brand
• Activation Study: To assess the impact of the activation on the brand. To study the overall impact of the discount schemes on the sales
• Campaign Evaluation Study: To study the impact of TV commercial/ print or outdoor media on the brand & to check the efficiency of media plan
• Product Tests: Product tests are usually conducted to determine the taste/price acceptability of a new product. Have used it for a whisky brand
Pros
casual environment
Cons
late working hours
Good employer
Market research campaign assistant (Former Employee) –  MelbourneOctober 18, 2013
Good employer, good working environment and training provided.
Good to learn administrative skills.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, ENGJanuary 29, 2013
I worked here on a part time basis, so didnt get time to learn much apart from basic administrative skills. Although they do have a good team of people who are very supportive.
Well Managed and Exciting Company
IT Project Manager/Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  LondonOctober 13, 2012
Working at TNS Global is varied and interesting. The UK division is well managed and changed for the better with the introduction of the new CEO. The company is obviously very commercially focussed but also places a lot of importance in the people.
Cheap in pay, not much progression, management keeps changing
Research Manager (Current Employee) –  NYMarch 19, 2012
Cheap in pay, not much progression, management keeps changing. Kantar is taking over!
Pros
good hours, many people work remotely, can get away without doing much work
Cons
no career path, pay is low, increases are low
Ambiente de trabajo agradable, tiempo de descanso, hay lugar fisico para distender de la presion laboral.
Cidificador bilingue (Former Employee) –  São Paulo- BrasilMay 26, 2015
Horario de llegada a las 8:00 para tomar mi tiempo de desayunar antes de comenzar el dia, comenzaba a trabajar a las 8:30. Sobre mis colegas al comienzo fue complicado pero logre adaptarme y creamos un gran clima laboral, nos ayudabamos mucho e intentamos siempre colaborar unas con otras. La parte mas difiil fue el vinculo con mi gestor, ya que pocas veces oia las necesidades del equipo.
Pros
Excelente plan de salud
Cons
Sueldo y beneficios bajos
Local de trabalho
Coordenador de painel (Former Employee) –  London, ENGDecember 29, 2014
Num dia tipico de trabalho e apenas me sentava na minha secretário e ligava o PC, verifica o inbound dos painelistas, quer fossem as mensagens de correio electrónico quer as mensagens dois painelistas na plataforma online do estudo, depois resolvia os pattern queries que eram geradas pelo sistema devido á não performance dos participantes bem como qualquer problema que surgisse. Certificava-me que os participantes do projecto completavam as tarefas incumbidas de forma a não prejudicar a performance total do painel e assim atingir o threshold exigido (95%) Aprendi e lidei com a estrutura e o funcionamento do sistema postal, não só em portugal mas no mundo. Trabalhava amiúde com os mercados de Espanha e Itália, Os relatórios de performance eram entregues ao director de linha que os providenciava a directora do projecto. Trabalhava numa equipa multi-cultural e diversa pois o estudo "UNEX" é feito em mais de 44 países em todo o mundo e cada um deles tinha um "Coordenador de Painel" nativo e conhecedor dos serviços postais do seu país. Na altura de mudança de objectivos de controlo por parte do serviço postal por vezes era, alem de complicado, exaustivo ter que recrutar novos participantes em áreas rurais e desertificadas do país. Havia um conjunto de circunstancias que tornavam o trabalho um verdadeiro desafio agradável e o simples facto de ser um projecto onde se lida com pessoas genuínas, torna-lo-á de certeza saudoso e irrepetivel
Ambiente de trabajo de compromiso y responsabilidad
Asistente Marketing (Former Employee) –  ciudad del cabo ( sudafrica)July 25, 2014
LLegas al trabajo, te tomas un cafe, empiezas laboraes, vas a reuniones con directivos, sigues labores, te reunes para almorzar con ellos y vuelves a reunion para cierre del dia

aprendi a ser responsable, colaborador, comprometido
Pros
sin pros
Cons
no hay prestaciones