TNI The Network Inc. Employee Reviews

Outgoing
Canvasser for Sick Kids Hospital (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 December 2017
You learn a lot about how to speak to all kinds of people and gauge their responses. The work environment was definitely friendly and encouraging to be successful.
Pros
Close to home at the time
Cons
I had to pay for travel expenses during work itself. (Gas card)
Fun Work Place But extremely unprofessional
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB9 November 2017
Extremely unprofessional, had to leave since the boss is trying to sleep with all employee's. I wouldn't recommend this work place if you would like to have spare time on your hands
Pros
Good bonuses
Cons
Manipulative workplace
Productive and fun work place with great advancement opportunities
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 October 2017
Is was very fun and charismatic work experience.

You learnt self-building customer service representative skills.

You have wonderful opportunities with work place advancement.

The people at the Titan Advertisement Group Inc. office were all wonderful people and very helpful!

Hardest part of the job was learning to deal with the negative customers, and learning to build yourself up.
Pros
Daily challenges
Cons
Dealing with negatives
A trickkk!!
SALES REP (Former Employee) –  Everywhere24 October 2017
This is not a Customer Service job it is a Door to Door Sales Rep job and a complete waste of time. They lure you in with a nice job ad saying $20/hr and than try to convince you the job is worth it. Complete bull.
I hated working here
Door to Door Salesman (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 September 2017
With a 90% negative outcome of all possible deals it sucks. again just filling up the box now... they make you write 150 characters so here i am. WOO! so much fun.
fun energetic job
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 July 2017
always meeting new people and who doesn't like helping children in the process. loved the start to the day, we would all get together and cheer and chant then go out to lunch before we started at 2 pm.
Pros
making lots of children happier
Cons
aweful hours based no free time
Great job if you have previous experience in sales
Canvasser (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB22 June 2017
A typical day at work isn't bad. You go in, talk with coworkers, practice your pitch, then you go through a group pep meeting. After that you go to lunch with the team you're assigned to (usually fast food), then get dropped off in your territory with a map and canvass until you get picked up. Back at the base you wait until other people show up, do another pep meeting and go home feeling pretty good. Even if you didn't meet your personal goals for that day.

Although if you've had a couple of rude prospective clients, or someone mocked you as you were leaving, it's best to keep those thoughts to yourself. As positive as an environment as this was, the only way to keep it was to purge all bad thoughts the second you meet up with your fellow canvassers again. You're not allowed to vent, despite the friendliness of the environment will lead you to believe.

The pep part will take some adjustment if you're introverted, but you'll get over it after a couple days. However if you're not used to talking to strangers and trying to convince them to be interested in what you've got, or walking for long periods of time, I'd recommend moving on.

Overall even though I didn't work here long, I don't regret it. It was even fun at times. If you want a new life experience to look back on I highly recommend it.

TLDR: This job is for people who are extremely optimistic, used to rejection, can walk for long periods of time, and are used to a working structure similar to door to door sales.
Pros
Great coworkers, upbeat attitude
Cons
Long hours on your feet, can't talk about the negative aspects of the job
Learned a lot about people skills
Official Canvasser (Current Employee) –  Alberta3 May 2017
At TNI I have gained a lot of experience about people and how you can relate to them, amke them feel comfortable and break the ice with strangers. In 3 months I have learnt more than I would have in years working in a solitary environment.
Though it is really cold going door to door during the winter months and only the driver gets to have the car. If I asked to stay in the car to warm up a bit my boss would say go sit on the bus bench... That defeated the purpose of getting warm and sounded really rude as my hands felt frozen...
Pros
Salary based on work
Cons
hard work (cold winter months) going door to door
Tni
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 April 2017
Independence is key
People do not like door to door sales no matter the cause
very multicultural
The hardest part of the job is being on your feet all day with one hour lunch and two 15 minute breaks
The networking is the most enjoyable part of the job
Pros
Friendly people to work with
Cons
Long days on your feet
Pyramid scheme
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 March 2017
They want you to guilt people into buying their products "World Vision, Because I am a Girl", etc. When I got trained they told me to play on their emotions. If there were kids shoes in the door way, you really play up the kid card. "What would you do if your child was starving in a village?" Horrible. Management in Edmonton also makes fun of employees when everyone has left for the day. You start work at 2- and end at 10. Not a lot of life balance.
Grew stale really quick
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Peachland, BC22 February 2017
Easy Job to do, good team. Just got boring really quick.

Pay was meh, management wasnt really there the majority of the time.

Having internet there was cool too.
Amazing People who work at there top best for the company
Platinum Marketing (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 February 2017
This was an awesome job to be helping out kids all around the world loved working here. The staff and manager loved to inspire everyone that worked there loved it. Manager was a pretty amazing guy!!!!!
Pros
Inspiring People
Cons
Cold/Harsh Conditions in winter time
environnement de travail agréable
Agent de Promotion (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC27 January 2017
Environnement de travail contribue au développement personnel
Pyramid scheme avoid at all costs
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB23 November 2016
It is important though, that when you do contribute you don't contribute in the wrong way. Many marketing/networking agencies now make profit on "selling" monthly packages of "monthly donations" to charity via door to door sales. The money goes straight to the network inc which they use to pay canvassers at collection agencies a minimum wage or higher and expensive electronics such as IPAD minis which they use to sign people up with an NPO. Of course the money the does not go to the NPO it actually goes to TNI .
Pros
quitting
Cons
long hours, knowledge that you are doing a bad thing
Nice environment with a great chance for advancment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS4 February 2016
This job teaches you how to interact with people from every background and it also teaches you how to handle rejection.

The manager is one of the best i've seen in the business and to be able to learn from him is a huge asset.
Agréable
Représentant officiel de Vision Mondiale (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC28 January 2016
très belle expérience, contacte avec les gens, enthousiasme
Environnement convivial,agréable et productif
Représentante des ventes (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC18 November 2015
Arrivée au bureau: 12h30
Formation:12h30-14h
Départ pour les lieux de travail et pause:14h15-16h15
Vente:16h15-20h30
J´ai appris:
- les techniques de vente efficace, l'écoute pour faire une bonne communication.
- L´approche relationnelle
- Etre un bon leader
- Comment rassurer et satisfaire la clientèle
L´aspect le plus difficile est d´être capable de maintenir le cap
L´aspect le plus agréable est la communication avec des personnes inconnues, la capacité de créer en un laps de temps une bonne relation avec une personne étrangère.
Pros
des cartes cadeaux
Cons
accès tardif aux assurances
not stable work
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Leader, SK26 August 2015
Great atmosphere but the work was not stable enough for my life style and in order to make the pay I wanted I had to travel every other week which left me with no life other then work. i was promised a few different opportunities which never happened.
Pros
atmosphere
Cons
empty promises, no advancement
Productive and Fun
Leader For Donor Acquisition (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 July 2015
I really enjoying working under TNI. The non-profit sector is a great opportunity to growth, developing marking and business skills. The best thing is the national clients. TNI represents some of the greatest Charities in the world that are all government regulated and evaluated by Imagine Canada.
Very productive and high energy place to work!
Field Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 July 2015
I've got nothing but positive things to say about TNI. This was my first full time job and the potential is just there.

With TNI, you have the opportunity to go door-to-door for various non-for-profit charities, there is no script at all, you just be yourself to people at the door and sign up people on a monthly donation for a charity you are representing. There is MANY MANY opportunities for rapid advancement, you could be a leader in just two weeks if you are driven to succeed. The wage fluctuates as well so if you are doing very well your wage will go up one week, but if you aren't doing well, your wage will definitely go down another week, which is a downer but I didn't mind it. It only strives you to do your best.

The co workers, are very high energy, it is a very very energetic environment and you feel like a family there. Co-workers would back me up if I were having a bad day in field and that's what made me change as a person. I had very very different views in life before, until this job, I changed as a person and my views about life.

I loved this job for many reasons, I have learned and interacted with people better than before thus enhancing my customer service and sales experience, you had the opportunity to go travelling to other cities and small towns (thats where the juice is at lol). Our team would have team nights once every week to get an opportunity to socialize with one another when finished working in our assigned territory.

I unfortunately left the company for personal reasons and if I had every opportunity to turn back and work for this wonderful
  more... company, I would take that opportunity 100%.

The only cons of working here I must admit is there is a very high turnover rate (which is understandable, this isn't a job for everybody), so everyone comes and goes, there is a really weird probation period, instead of the standard three month probation period that most companies offer, there is a two week probationary period in which you would have to attain five donors or more within a two week period or you are gone, you have to pay for your own gas when travelling to your territory, which kind of sucks because I feel that the company should be paying the gas expenses but that didn't deter me from leaving this company.

Overall if you are in the marketing business, want to make a real change for the world and have rapid advancement, then this is the job for you!
Pros
Benefits after six months
Cons
Getting home late after a long road trip

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TNI The Network Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

TNI The Network Inc. Reviews by Location