TNG

TNG Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Can be interesting
Merchandiser (Current Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 15, 2014
Pros: independence of working on your own.
Cons: pay. not for those whom support themselves alone.
TNG is not a bad place to work. They are trying to expand their business beyond that of magazines. Which in a field that is not what it used to be can be a challenge. I start about mid morning depending on the day and the stores scheduled. I usually sort front end from mainline. Stock as I straighten and fill previously there titles. This new management – more... cares more than the previous did. Hardest part of this job is the lifting. Totes can be quite heavy and cumbersome. I do like working independently and at my own passe. – less
fun place
Volunteer (Former Employee), Redcar, ENGJanuary 28, 2014
was there on a job centre work programme and got put in a charity shop to learn some skills
Always something new and interesting
DISTRICT SUPERVISOR (Current Employee), Washington, DCJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: interactions with people
Cons: not enough pay for the amount of work
Everyday I am in a different location meeting new people because my job requires me to travel. Some days I have to be up at 4 and other days I can sleep until 9. The hardest part of the job is having to do a lot of lifting, bending and squatting. I enjoy being able to meet new people at different locations and being able to build a good rapport with – more... others. – less
Its a good job if you need a flexible schedule
Merchandiser (Current Employee), Ruidoso, NMJanuary 10, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule, short work week
Cons: company is losing money and cutting pay
This job was a good job, it offered flexible hours and good management that took an interest in you. The job is stocking magazines, which is a market that is losing money in this day and age. But as far as a company they are awesome.
TNG going downhill fast
New Hire Trainer/Relief Driver (Current Employee), Jackson, MIDecember 29, 2013
Pros: decent health care options
Cons: too many to list
The company pays less than industry standard. They require you to work hours that do not fit any lifestyle that is normal. They lose money every year and this year have gone so far as to make pay cuts, cut out programs and require mandatory NON paid lunch.

This is not a company to start a new career with. It should only be used for when you have no – more... other options and just need something to get by till something better comes along. – less
The Card Merchandiser job is fun to do (although a lot of work) and I enjoy the retail atmosphere.
Card Merchandiser (Current Employee), Brown Deer, WIDecember 20, 2013
Pros: i work at my own pace and pick the times that i am able to work.
Cons: there are no breaks, and the pay is not much.
Each pocket order has to be opened, priced and found in the Plan-o-gram. It takes some organization and time to distribute the ordered materials. They do not come in any order and are identified by codes. Especially during holiday seasons, it is difficult to work when the customers are all over the latest seasonal cards. There is usually enough to do – more... in other areas, but sometimes the customers are everywhere. It is very satisfying to finish for the day and to look at the displays in perfect array once again. – less
Merchandiser (Current Employee), Gastonia, NCDecember 18, 2013
I enjoy the different stores and people you get to meet. You learn how to manage your time.
Opportunistic company
District Supervisor (Current Employee), MichiganDecember 9, 2013
I enjoyed managing 30+ employees while managing a budget of 150k+
enjoyable work place
reception/admin assistant (Former Employee), Rochdale, ENGDecember 3, 2013
Pros: good environment
Cons: na
I worked filing documents and working the reception, the other workers were good company and it was enjoyable while there
Bad Experience
Re-Order Supervisor (Former Employee), Duluth, GANovember 26, 2013
Cons: horrible company
Managers and supervisors give the phrase crabs in a barrel a new name.
Excellent company and fun workplace
Personal Tutor/IAG Officer (Former Employee), King's Lynn, ENGNovember 14, 2013
Pros: continuing my education and training
Sadly my time at TNG was cut short by parental illness but I loved working for TNG. My job was varied, interesting and no 2 days were the same. I had to balance tutoring, working independently and working with my colleagues. I was fortunate enough to begin my NVQ level 3 in Information, Advice and Guidance whilst there along with the management being – more... very supportive of my desire to begin my MA Education at the University of Cumbria. My co-workers were the best I've worked with and along with being supportive, they also made the company fun to be a part of.
The hardest part of the job....there wasnt any and the most enjoyable part was everything! – less
Great company to work for
Merchandiser (Current Employee), Longview, WANovember 13, 2013
Love to work with all the employies and the customers are all great as well. The managers are very nice and fair to every employe.
Fast past work environment/always busy
Payroll Supervisor (Current Employee), Smyrna, GAOctober 9, 2013
Good place to work. Co- workers all work as part of a team to get jobs done.
Fun fast paced place to work
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Rock Hill, SCSeptember 12, 2013
Pros: fun place to work
Cons: not enough pay
A typical day at hillbillys involved sitting customers and getting their drink orders. answering the phone and putting in togo orders, and booking parties and catering services. delivering food to customers. helping out in the kitchen. daily cleaning responibilities.
Educational
Student (Former Employee), St HelensAugust 30, 2013
Pros: free use of internet & printers
Cons: was not local
A very relaxing environment, could hear clearly and followed each step happily. I learnt about interview techniques, letter writing and how to write a proper CV along with a covering letter. I spent many hours getting together speculative employers to whom I sent my CV out too.
The management there was brilliant, they helped me every step of the way – more... and was always there to help me when I needed.
My co workers also helped me if I needed help and I too gave that help in return. They was a fantastic group to work with & I learnt a lot about them all.

The hardest part of my job was when we learnt about a specific module, accounts. Although I reached the end and received my certificate I struggled in parts of it & couldn't quite grasp it.
The most enjoyable was seeing every ones faces each morning and leaving the workplace in a much happier mood. – less
Fun Work place
Sr. QA Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 22, 2013
Worked and learned latest technologies
Very good benefits for the employees
Productive but not consistent work
Document Control/Receptionist (Current Employee), Knoxville, TNAugust 13, 2013
I have worked in the warehouse as well as currently working in the office. Excellent work atmosphere, however, not guaranteed 40/hrs per week, and benefits are not the greatest.
Assistant Administrator (Former Employee), Bedford, ENGAugust 7, 2013
While doing my TNG course, I helped as a Volunteer Admin, I organised paperwork, answered the phones etc.
very corporate
Business Manager (Former Employee), Kent/East LondonJuly 22, 2013
Busy working environment, ran ESF projects across Kent built really strong relationships with local DWP and other partners
Its not a very good productive place but its excting
Merchandiser/Customer Service (Current Employee), Smyrna, GAJuly 6, 2013
Pros: they work with you, its a normal job.
Cons: not fast enough and they expect to much from one person
I enjoy working for TNG but when you are trying to balance the bills of your life, its not a good job to have. Its a starter job but its not one that you wnat to keep for a long time. It has nothing for the part-time workers, like my boss has a car, and a gas card through our company but part time workers cant get nothing like that. Its okay for people – more... that doesnt want to move up in their life but for someone that is fast pace and ready to move up, this job isnt for you. – less

1 2 3