TNG

TNG Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun Work place
Sr. QA Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 22, 2013
Worked and learned latest technologies
Very good benefits for the employees
This job allows you to work independently and in varying places everyday, both positive aspects.
Merchandiser/Sales (Former Employee), Smyrna, GADecember 7, 2014
Pros: flexibility
Cons: part time, low wages
The position of merchandiser requires good organizational skills and the ability to work independently. With several stores to do in a day it is never dull. The job requires placing magazines and books in checkouts and on main aisle according to plan. It is crucial that expired materials be returned promptly. Challenges of the job are trying to place – more... merchandise in checkstands when stores are busy, heavy loads of freight, congested stockrooms. Satisfaction comes from a store that looks like a picture in a magazine or thank you from a store manager. – less
Good job, very flexible schedule
Merchandiser (Current Employee), midland MIDecember 3, 2014
Good job.
Very flexible schedule
Part- time
Best part of the job is working alone with no distractions.
Great with Organization
Merchandiser (Current Employee), Clinton, ILOctober 29, 2014
Pros: get to scan over the good magazines
Cons: i am a little short for some of the racks
I enjoy working with this company. Every day I go to the back and gather my supplies and my magazines, take them to the right sections of the store, and start putting them where they go.
Seems an attractive job at first glance, however looks are VERY deceiving.
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Smyrna, GAOctober 1, 2014
A typical day begins by jumping in YOUR car and using YOUR gas to drive from store to store throughout the day, (my 5 stores are each 20 minutes, minimally, from one another - my entire route is 90+ miles from home, to each store, and then back home) merchandising your magazines and other merchandise at each stop. Totes are supposed to weigh no more – more... than 50 lbs when full, however I generally find mine to be full to brim and therefore sometimes weighing as much as 75-100lbs. These totes must be loaded onto a flat U-boat cart when you can find one (they are scarce and hard to find at many stores). Many times you must unload a cart first, then find a place to put the merchandise you take off the cart, before you can load your totes onto it. Most stores do NOT have your totes located in a convenient spot and you either have to first move multiple pallets of merchandise to get to your totes or become a contortionist, risking personal injury, while trying to lift the very heavy totes up and over other things, all while working in a very tiny space that is barely big enough to turn around in. You will generally have 6 or 7 totes to merchandise per store, but it is not unusual to have as many as 9 or 10 totes per store. Merchandising will involve being on your feet the entire time, you will put a lot of miles in each day, so have good shoes, it will require reaching up, bending down, squatting, and twisting. It will likely involve many paper cuts as well, so carry bandaids and if you are a woman, do NOT expect to keep your fingernails. You are ahead of the game if you just go ahead and cut them all off down to your fingertips because they WILL get ripped, broken, chipped and torn. Once you have completed the work at your first store you drive on to the next and so on. The ONLY tools you are given to do your job with are a plastic strap cutter and a plastic badge that says you are a TNG merchandiser (these probably cost the company about 20 cents a piece - that could be a high estimate). You are required to provide your own pens and markers for paperwork and marking the return totes. I also carry a box cutter and a foldable all-in-one tool (I call mine a McGuiver). You are also required to use your own computer, paper and ink for printing your schedule or any special instructions, and your own phone and mobile data, for logging into the time-keeping system and for taking pictures of special projects which must be emailed to yourself before you can upload them for use in answering required surveys. You do NOT get paid for the time it takes to complete these numerous surveys, nor are you reimbursed for the costs of your personal mobile data - or anything else you need for your work. You ARE compensated for the time it takes to drive from one store to the next, but not for the mileage or the wear and tear on your vehicle and tires. My route, being over 90 miles total, requires me to work approximately 3-4 hours first, just to cover the cost of my gas for work that day.
What I have learned is that TNG doesn't care about their employees and has proven that by not only never giving pay raises, but also announcing at Christmas time that they are giving us a pay cut beginning the first of the year. I have also learned that in addition to being cheap and physically abusing their employees, they expect far too much work (most of the time) for one person. They use you, burn you out and then throw you away. I've learned that communicating with the company is impossible except through your direct supervisor who you'd better hope is a good person. The only appreciation you will EVER get will be from your supervisor only, and THAT depends on the type of person he or she is.
Management IS your supervisor. There is no method or means of making contact with any management that is above your supervisor. So again, you need to hope that he or she is a great person who cares anything for other people, including the merchandisers he or she supervises.
You obviously have co-workers, but you will rarely meet any of them. The driver that delivers your totes to your stores is probably the one co-worker you will ever have any interaction with. Their job is completely different than yours, so if you need help with something or have a question, they probably won't be able to assist you. You may or may not have the opportunity to make small talk with your driver from time to time and the conversation will likely involve sharing how much you each hate your job and how badly you can't wait to find another one.
The hardest part of the job is definitely lifting the over burdened totes and maybe also finding a cart to move your totes out to the mainline where you actually do your work. I pity the one who can't find a tote, you might as well quit now because the first time you have to carry each tote by hand out to the aisle, you WILL quit.
The most enjoyable part of your job, aside from going home once your work is done to soak your feet and take aspirin for your aching back and legs and shoulders and arms (your entire body actually) and then clean your paper cuts properly and bandage them in an appropriate manner with something other than duct tape, must be that you don't have to deal with a boss over your shoulder for 8 hours monitoring your every move. The fact that you can start your day somewhat at your own discretion is also a nice feature, but if your driver is running late, that can destroy your entire day.
While they didn't ask for this information, I'm offering my recommendation: DO NOT take a job with TNG. You WILL be used and abused, they will not care about you or your personal life, they will force you to provide your own tools and equipment and you won't be reimbursed for anything. You might be wondering why I'm still working for them, well I'm NOT. I just stayed as long as I did hoping things would improve or change, but they never did. TNG only added MORE tasks to our job descriptions and forced more responsibility onto us without ever ONCE considering giving us a raise or any other compensation for the things they used us to provide for ourselves. I am currently without a job because there isn't a lot available in my area which is how I wound up with this job to begin with. Take a fools advice: Don't become yet another fool. – less
Merchandising
Retail Merchandising (Former Employee), DallasSeptember 28, 2014
Stock the latest issue of Magazines throughout the entire store.
My day at work
Merchandiser (Current Employee), Flint, MISeptember 14, 2014
Pros: no weekends
Cons: can only work 29 hrs a week.
A typical day at work for me is unloading totes full of books & magazines and putting them on the shelf and at checkouts.
I also fill clip strips at Meijer, and
Great if you like to work alone
Merchandiser (Current Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 20, 2014
Pros: choose what hour to start but have stores done before 9pm
Cons: waste of gas money driving
Simple job tasks store to store, remove expired magazines with the new magazines that arrive.
not a place to work , if its your only source income
former merchandiser (Former Employee), orlando, flAugust 9, 2014
Pros: interaction with other people at stores, nice supervisor
Cons: too much work for one person, low pay
This job does pay enough for the amount of work ,and it is too much for one person. My first day of work was 630am to 700pm and it was a mess , i should of left the same day but wanted to give it a try. The supervisor was very nice and helpful in my training , but TNG is worth my time. i havent gotton pay either and have not recieve my card throught – more... the mail yet. iam glad i left – less
Job
Driver / Merchandiser (Former Employee), Abilene, TXJuly 18, 2014
work was going good then after about 11 months, the company was going down and had to lay me off.
Unprofessional
Clerk (Current Employee), Spring Arbor, MIJuly 17, 2014
Overall the managers have way too much going on and are extremely rude at times. I have been yelled at publicly, humiliated, and verbally abused. They treat their everyone like dirt. The general manager is cold hearted and very moody.
***
data collector (Current Employee), Lavergne TnJuly 15, 2014
Pros: people
My starts when I enter a store and I will find a depth manager and them know that I am there also find out if there is anything that my company can do for them.Coworkers I never see.I do not feel there is anything hard about my job.The best part of the job is meeting people.
Terrible Place to work
District Supervisor (Former Employee), Shreveport, LaJuly 14, 2014
Cons: to much work for one person, lies, no training and rude managers.
I was hired as a District Supervisor and promised 7 weeks of training and I got none. Was on my own from day one and was working 65 hours a week. More and more was being added to me so I walked. 4 months later they are still looking for someone to take this job.
my summary for my last job TNG in Fort Mill SC
distrbution (Former Employee), Fort Mill, SCJuly 9, 2014
I love to go out into the world and do something productive.. being able to learn is so fun.. I,m a people person very easy to talk to and to be around.. the hardest part of a job is when its time for me to leave.. i really do enjoy working. i have learn how to supervise, how to put inventory and product in the computer system.. every time i go to work – more... i look forward to learning something different.. the people i worked with are so loving.. everyone wants to learn and try not to make any mistakes.. i cherish everything that the company taught me.. ready to utilize my skill and energy with my next career opportunity.. whatever i do whoever i work for even if i don't like it i still give it my all that's just the way i'am.. like if someone say something disrespectful toward me i will ignore it.. if it happen again i'll ask the person is everything alright.. if it happen again i'll report it to the human resource.. if i see anything that don't look right ill confront the person and let them know its not right.. if i see it again same person i will report it in immediately.. i'm a team person who like to get the job done and on time.. don't mind helping out others if i can.. TNG is a productive work place that sometimes have cookouts, games, parties and a great give away gift cards.. the only thing about the job that i dislike is that its know raise in the future.. i constantly get work pile on to me but never a raise.. its a company that don't give there employee know raise.. i really wish i could of made it a career working there but i cannot take care of my family with the amount i was getting paid.. its a great company, loving, caring also fun to work with.. learned a lot with the company.. – less
Bad Company
Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee), Hong Kong, HKIJuly 8, 2014
Pros: good employees
Cons: bad management -not a company that cares about its people and would fight for them.
Incavo/TNG was not a good company to work for in the long run.
Not for Career Seekers
Merchandiser (Current Employee), Knoxville, TNJune 29, 2014
Pros: flexible scheduling
Cons: all merchandisers are part time, no benifits
This company has shown a constant financial loss, I feel is due to improper management practices and lack of pride in services provided. Company is constantly understaffed and unappreciative.
A good oppurtunity with flexible hours
Merchandising (Current Employee), modestoJune 17, 2014
Pros: you get paid for drive time and don't have someone watching over you.
Cons: no benifits
If you have kids and are looking for a part time job with possible job growth this is perfect for you. You are assinged stores such as raleys, savemarts, safeways ect. and you are required to visit them twice a week. One day to merchandise magazines and the second for books. It's a pretty simple job once you get the hang of it, all you have to do is – more... take down expired product and replace it with new product. The best part about it is you can pretty much pick the hours you service the stores during the day and sometimes the days you go into the store can be changed for your benefit. Also, after your training is complete you get to go into the stores alone so you don't neccessarly have someone watching over you. Of course the manger of the store and employees observe you and your supervisor will occasionally check on your stores to make sure they are being done correctly, but other than that your solo. – less
Its a Job
Supervisor (Former Employee), DallasJune 12, 2014
Pros: good management
Cons: low pay
Very good Managers but the work/personal life balance was not worth the pay
enjoyable company to work with
Merchandiser/Sales (Current Employee), GAJune 1, 2014
Pros: you are given a weeks time to service your stores.
Cons: no 45o01 k
you have no co-workers. you work alone. which i like, I am very self motivated.
you use the store phone for logging in and out of your stores. place your candy or magazines on a flatbed go to the floor and mercandise your product
the hardest part is getting used to what store has what and where. 1 home depot will carry different displays and in different – more... locations as another home depot – less
good part-time job to have while in school
Merchandiser (Current Employee), Smyrna, GAMay 6, 2014
Pros: work is done independently
Cons: compensation for mileage
If you are a student, have a some free time, or would like to gain some work experience this is a good job to have.

1 2 3 4 5