TMK IPSCO Employee Reviews

Great place to work at.
Long hours good pay.
Room for advancement
great management and benefits
24 hour facility production.
Learned alot.
Great experience
Pros
Great pay and hours
Cons
sometimes no days off
Well compensated company, no sense of direction
Quality Manager Welded Tube Division (Former Employee) –  Wilder, KY21 August 2016
Most staff is underqualified for given duties
Most Senior Management is not experienced in the products or business in which the products produced are utilized, most are well educated though.
Work force does not respect management team
Hardest part of the job is correcting issues that arise from inexperienced people
Pros
salary and benefits
Cons
mis guided company, leadership is terrible and short sighted
Overall a good place to work.
Quality Assurance Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Blytheville, AR18 February 2016
Learned a lot of different skills. Most of the time it's something different with regards to my job. Safety is a priority, and the culture is rooted in the facility.
Pros
Really good people to work with, great pay, excellent benefits
Cons
Some long hours, cyclical market can mean tough times
great experience
Purchasing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX13 November 2016
I enjoyed my time with the company and overall everyone I worked with was great from upper management to the everyday employee. everyone was incredibly helpful and supportive of one another.
Pros
good company
Cons
market downturn which has nothing to do with the company
Good place to learn bad place to stay and advance
Technical Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX21 September 2015
Exposure to many things you probably would never do at a big company. Leadership is lacking a sense of direction and planning for the future. Many people don't last here more than 3 years. Job advancement is unclear and there is little to no training offered. The culture has become very negative due to the market conditions.

The people that work here are very good at what they do but largely under appreciated by their managers.

I would not recommend unless you plan on just learning and moving on.
Pros
Excellent work life balance and benefits
Cons
Upper management is terrible
A company with no true direction and lack of communication.
Manager - Cost Accounting (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX20 April 2016
This is a company that has a difficult time with communication at all levels of management. Most communication was based on a need to know basis. Unfortunately there was a high turnover ratio making it difficult to implement constructive change to improve manufacturing matrices and bottom line trends.
Pros
They are family oriented permitting flexible work schedules when needed.
Cons
Lack of communication at all levels of management.
bad company....safety dept. is going to close this place
Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Ambridge, PA15 January 2016
poor management...cant even make a schedule from 1 week to another without revising 3-4 times in a 24 hr. period....certain individuals in maintenance got in on a clock number..not through apprenticeship...these are the individuals managers and foreman cater too
Pros
benefits..pay
Cons
poorly managed
Company
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, IL7 August 2016
Excellent Company. Great place to work. Excellent products, excellent staff. Highly recommended for anyone. The company is now located in Houston and has had some turnover in the past few years to improve profitability.
Needs Better Management.
quality inspector pipe/threads (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX10 April 2016
I use to like working here when we had the past management here but now new management has came in and made it uncomfortable to work there.
Pros
Paid lunch.
Cons
shorts lunch break 30 min.
All in all a pretty relaxed and safe environment to work.
MILL ASSISTANT TEAM LEADER (Former Employee) –  Camanche, IA11 November 2015
There is a good amount of support out of management as long as everyone is safe and productive. A lot of room for growth as long as you do what is asked of you in a timely safe fashion and you come to work on time when you scheduled to be there.
Pros
Its a personal work environment.
Cons
Swing 12 hour shifts and the career relies heavily on the market.
safety first
Shipping/Receiving attendant, Crane operator (Former Employee) –  Ambridge, PA27 April 2016
Good company to work for safety first. The coworkers are the best group to work with and management will listen to advice on issues.
Pros
good pay
Cons
shift work
good money if you can handle long lay offs
Threader Operator (Former Employee) –  Wilder, KY7 October 2015
nothing else to say. massive long layoffs. great pay long hours, zero respect, some management good, others not ok. too many supervisors
Pros
great money awesome benefits
Cons
lay offs
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TX5 July 2016
The managers and supervisors were all wonderful to work with. They worked with you and wanted you to grow and succed. I was able to experience and become more knowledgable about all production processes because of their team efforts.
steel mill
Operator Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ambridge, PA3 April 2016
too much upper level management with no mill experience. creating at times a hostile work environment good job just hot and dirty
Pros
pay
Cons
dirty
Good company
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Catoosa, OK20 October 2015
Great benefits, management, willing to spend money where payback is justified, fun projects for process improvement, good group of co-workers, learned a lot about heat treat and threading
Production machining job. Very safe.
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, OH12 May 2016
Production job. You are given the tools you need to do your job well.

Safety comes first and it shows.

Very nice pay rate for this area, and entry level opportunities do not require much experience.
Productive and Great
Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX20 April 2016
I would work here again because of market company has had a huge downturn. It was very challenging and rewarding at same time because at the end of day you could see accomplishments.
Cons
Laid OFF
not a bad company to work for but communication from management makes it difficult at times
NDT Operator (Current Employee) –  Catoosa, OK25 March 2015
After a safety meeting we are assigned our positions and start our work day. Inspection of pipe for cracks and gouges on the pipe includes EMI, UT and Sheer wave inspections. Management is terrible at communications and changes are made with no consideration of time involved in changing the equipment to accommodate. If left alone to do the job, the job can be fun and the day goes by very quickly..
Pros
good compensation and benifits
Cons
schedule changes quite often with no concern for family or other obligations
Don't waste your time!
Accounting (Former Employee) –  Houston14 May 2013
The second week I started there an employee told me that she would not even bother to learn my name because the turnover in this company is terrible and nobody lasts more than a year, its true!!! In just a year I lost my job along with 5 coworkers in the same department!! Management makes changes without thinking of the end result they let good people go while they let the mediocre that makes all the mistakes stay. Other coworkers are desperately looking for other jobs.Very dissapointing experience. I wish I would have never accepted their job offer, they really wanted me take the job so they went above and beyond to offer me a good pay rate no other company will match what they were paying me I will end up having to accept a paycut.
Pros
Benefits & pay
Cons
long hours to many restrictions
helper (Current Employee) –  ambridge1 December 2012
company wastes more money handling material many times.to many rules,long 12 hour days,very little time off.company cancels bids if they don't want you to have the job.management has no clue on how to run a mill.coworkers are always complaining about management.hardest part of job getting mentialy prepared.best part of job is working 40 hours.
Pros
decent pay and benefits
Cons
long hours, no time off, mandatory12 hour days

2.9