TMK IPSCO

TMK IPSCO Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great place to work, but they couldn't stay open any longer.
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee), Wilder, KYJuly 20, 2015
Pros: Great pay, good people
Cons: Laid off
Alot of rules but easy to follow, paperwork was a must, but easy to fill out. Day to day work was a piece of cake. Come in, get your job for the day, and go to work. Plenty of overtime, and plenty of time to do it. But in the end they laid everyone off.....
good money when u get to work
Steel Worker (Current Employee), wilder kyJune 30, 2015
ok job make good money when ur not laied off. bad hours and no home life for a familly man while the plant is operational. would recomend this job only to single men who wanna work a ton of hours for a while and be laied off so long you have to spend all the moeny you saved till the next boom in busness.
Good paying place to work
Final Inspector (Former Employee), Blytheville, ARJune 29, 2015
Good pay! Good people to work with. Management not willing to share with employees on how the state of the company is doing. Says everything is good, but no orders.
Great Environment
Travel/Procurement Coordinator (Current Employee), Houston, TXJune 29, 2015
Pros: Flexible vacation time
Cons: opportunities for growth specifically in my specification
Overall a wonderful place to work, genuinely built great relationships and everyone is eager to help and work together as team.
I worked for the same employer for over 25 years. We were bought out three times between 2006 and 2009.
Director Human Resources (Former Employee), Wilder, KYJune 17, 2015
Pros: Many free lunches for training, meetings, etc.
Cons: no common area break rooms for salaried employees, plant to spread out to walk around. Required to drive personal vehicle through plant.
I stayed so many years at the facility because I enjoyed the people I worked with at the facility. I was able to work without being micromanaged and was to make daily decisions on my own.
overall good place
Full time Laborer (Former Employee), Camanche, IAJune 14, 2015
Pros: fleixible scheduling
Cons: the lay offs due to job reduction at company, many veteran employees getting the bad news of layoff
TMK IPSCO was a great company to work for during 21 yrs of service. I worked 12 hrs shifts 2 on 2 off and then 3 days on weekends. I would return to work if called back however on the letter of notice we were served it said lay offs were basically permanent I can also produce such letter. I also lost my insurance at time of lay off so that too is crucial. But overall my experience in 21 yrs was good.
Great work environment
Post Production Lead (Former Employee), Midland, TXJune 6, 2015
Awesome place to work the company cares a lot about its employees and their goals. Tmk Ipsco is a leader in the tubular and Peiping Industry with great wages to seal the deal. Each employee is committed to providing their customers with quality product on time at a competitive price.
they have poor management
Rail loader and yard worker (Former Employee), camanche iaJune 5, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: management is awful.
Poor management.Your just anumber to them. They preach safety but production is first until you get hurt. The pay and benefits are great.
Opportunities to advance
Operator (Former Employee), CatoosaJune 3, 2015
Pros: Some
Cons: More than pros
OK place to work. Long days. Not much home life. Lots of micromananging. Russian thinking on operations. We are Americans.
Productive, busy, fun workplace
Heavy Equipment Operator (Current Employee), Wilder, KYMay 25, 2015
TMK IPSCO has unlimited opportunities for overtime for those needing it. Not a strenuous job at all, however, as an operator, the lives of others around you are in your hands. Attention to detail and alertness is vital.
Easy going atmosphere
MAINTENANCE PLANNER/ MECHANIC (Current Employee), Camanche, IAMay 17, 2015
I worked an 8 to 10 hour work day. Gathered up information from shift maintenance and with that information, It would help me determine what repairs needed attention and who to assign the work to. I learned you have to treat each worker equally when assigning work. My co-workers as well as management worked well together. We knew that when a job needed to be done. We all worked together to get the job done in a safe and timely manner. The hardest part of my job would have to be when I helped out with maintenance, I would sometimes get behind with my own work. The most enjoyable part of my job is interacting with management and customers. Enjoyed meeting and working with new people and personalities. I have learned a lot.
Great Opportuntiy
Operator (Former Employee), Odessa, TXMay 5, 2015
Pros: Benefits, Breaks, and Compensation
Cons: schedule changes quite often with no concern for family or other obligations
Working at TMK was okay great pay and can make alot overtime. Overall the benefits was good was able to help my family. I just didn't like how they handling our laid offs I felt it could have done better. Management really need to work on communicate better with their employees.
Good place to work and earn money.
Quality Assurance Inspector (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 21, 2015
Good place to work and earn money. Good workers but not some of the supervisors. I learned a lot and will take the skills l learned to my next employment.
Crane Follower (Former Employee), Ambridge, PAMarch 30, 2015
Pros: union
Cons: Got laid off
TMKIPSCO was a good place to work. I would still be there, but I along with 40 other people got laid off. The hardest part about the job was getting up. Easy work for good pay.
not a bad company to work for but communication from management makes it difficult at times
NDT Operator (Current Employee), Catoosa, OKMarch 25, 2015
Pros: good compensation and benifits
After a safety meeting we are assigned our positions and start our work day. Inspection of pipe for cracks and gouges on the pipe includes EMI, UT and Sheer wave inspections. Management is terrible at communications and changes are made with no consideration of time involved in changing the equipment to accommodate. If left alone to do the job, the job can be fun and the day goes by very quickly..
Thriving Industry
Quality Assurance Intern (Former Employee), Camanche, IAMarch 11, 2015
TMK IPSCO is a great working environment. As a intern in the quality assurance department, I was treated like a full time employer. Great working experience in Industrial environment.
Productive but wasteful time for operations.
QA Lead/ QA Inspector (Current Employee), Midland, TXMarch 7, 2015
Pros: free lunches, paid, good health benefits and 401k match.
Cons: short lunches..
Good job, too much favoritism, lack of communication. Mediocre training, no established training or operational standards.
great place to work
end finisher (Former Employee), Odessa, TXMarch 5, 2015
was a easy going job as well as hard working but people where easy to wrk with.Also alot of place for advancement you can learn to do practically anything.
Great Place to Work
Transportation Coordinator (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: great hours and casual environment
Cons: slow process
They treat the hired employees well providing a very nice salary and benefits package. There is a track outside and a little food market on site.
Love this place
End Finishing Operator (Former Employee), Brookfield, OHFebruary 26, 2015
I loved working for this place. Everyone was nice great place to work for. Loved working 12 hr shifts and the shift supervisors were nice

1 2 3