TMK IPSCO Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
bad company....safety dept. is going to close this place
Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee), Ambridge, PAJanuary 15, 2016
Pros: benefits..pay
Cons: poorly managed
poor management...cant even make a schedule from 1 week to another without revising 3-4 times in a 24 hr. period....certain individuals in maintenance got in on a clock number..not through apprenticeship...these are the individuals managers and foreman cater too
All in all a pretty relaxed and safe environment to work.
MILL ASSISTANT TEAM LEADER (Former Employee), Camanche, IANovember 11, 2015
Pros: Its a personal work environment.
Cons: Swing 12 hour shifts and the career relies heavily on the market.
There is a good amount of support out of management as long as everyone is safe and productive. A lot of room for growth as long as you do what is asked of you in a timely safe fashion and you come to work on time when you scheduled to be there.
it was cool
Drift Attendant (Current Employee), Baytown, TXNovember 5, 2015
Pros: benifits
it was a good learning exp there are always chances to move up from with in, learning how to run other machines is incouraged over all a good place to work
Good company
Project Engineer (Former Employee), Catoosa, OKOctober 20, 2015
Great benefits, management, willing to spend money where payback is justified, fun projects for process improvement, good group of co-workers, learned a lot about heat treat and threading
Can be a better place with effort from management.
Crane Follower (Current Employee), Ambridge, PAOctober 18, 2015
Pros: benefits and pay
Cons: rotating shifts and instability
Rotating shift work does not allow any quality of life.Benefits are great.Pay is good. Work environment is dirty and loud.
good money if you can handle long lay offs
Threader Operator (Former Employee), Wilder, KYOctober 7, 2015
Pros: great money awesome benefits
Cons: lay offs
nothing else to say. massive long layoffs. great pay long hours, zero respect, some management good, others not ok. too many supervisors
Enjoyed working with all the people I worked with over the years
Team Leader (Former Employee), Camanche, IASeptember 28, 2015
Pros: Good insurance
Cons: The company closed
My typical day of work consisted of supervising 10 to 13 employees in the production of welded pipe. I learned a great deal about supervising employees over my 12 years there from other Team Leaders and my immediate supervisor. The biggest thing I learned is how to treat each individual employee.
Good place to learn bad place to stay and advance
Technical Sales Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 21, 2015
Pros: Excellent work life balance and benefits
Cons: Upper management is terrible
Exposure to many things you probably would never do at a big company. Leadership is lacking a sense of direction and planning for the future. Many people don't last here more than 3 years. Job advancement is unclear and there is little to no training offered. The culture has become very negative due to the market conditions.

The people that work here are very good at what they do but largely under appreciated by their managers.

I would not recommend unless you plan on just learning and moving on.
enjoyed my job
Coater Operator (Former Employee), Blytheville, ARSeptember 7, 2015
Pros: the salery
Cons: work was up and down with oil prices
I was a coater operator,also ran ultraviolet light booth,automatic bunddler and strapper.They had some of the best people I have worked with.The hardest part of the job was the swing shift,two weeks days and two weeks nights.
Fun Workplace
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Odessa, TXSeptember 6, 2015
Fun people to work with clean and safe environment. Management is great, they listen to your questions and answer them to the best of their knowledge.
Great Benifits, Great Pay
Machine operator (Former Employee), Blytheville, ARSeptember 2, 2015
Pros: Good Wages
Cons: Only one 30 minute break per shift.
Tmk ipsco is a good place to work. At most positions you have to deal with the heat and cold but its manageable. Good people to work with and you cant beat the pay. the company is very safety oriented and they truly seem to care about their employees.
TMK IPSCO
IT Analyst (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 10, 2015
Pros: Good benefits
Cons: Lay off people
Unfortunately TMK IPSCO business is affected by oil price. The company has a lot of financial issues, because of that they started to lay people off. I believe they will do it again and again.
Great Pay, Management Overwhelmed
CNC MACHINIST (Former Employee), Odessa, TXJuly 31, 2015
Pros: Salary and Benefits
Cons: No future
Great pay, great hiring bonus, relocation assistance. Most of the workers were unhappy and unproductive. When our lines went down, there was no sense of urgency to get going.
Great place to work, but they couldn't stay open any longer.
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee), Wilder, KYJuly 20, 2015
Pros: Great pay, good people
Cons: Laid off
Alot of rules but easy to follow, paperwork was a must, but easy to fill out. Day to day work was a piece of cake. Come in, get your job for the day, and go to work. Plenty of overtime, and plenty of time to do it. But in the end they laid everyone off.....
good money when u get to work
Steel Worker (Current Employee), wilder kyJune 30, 2015
ok job make good money when ur not laied off. bad hours and no home life for a familly man while the plant is operational. would recomend this job only to single men who wanna work a ton of hours for a while and be laied off so long you have to spend all the moeny you saved till the next boom in busness.
Good paying place to work
Final Inspector (Former Employee), Blytheville, ARJune 29, 2015
Good pay! Good people to work with. Management not willing to share with employees on how the state of the company is doing. Says everything is good, but no orders.
Great Environment
Travel/Procurement Coordinator (Current Employee), Houston, TXJune 29, 2015
Pros: Flexible vacation time
Cons: opportunities for growth specifically in my specification
Overall a wonderful place to work, genuinely built great relationships and everyone is eager to help and work together as team.
I worked for the same employer for over 25 years. We were bought out three times between 2006 and 2009.
Director Human Resources (Former Employee), Wilder, KYJune 17, 2015
Pros: Many free lunches for training, meetings, etc.
Cons: no common area break rooms for salaried employees, plant to spread out to walk around. Required to drive personal vehicle through plant.
I stayed so many years at the facility because I enjoyed the people I worked with at the facility. I was able to work without being micromanaged and was to make daily decisions on my own.
overall good place
Full time Laborer (Former Employee), Camanche, IAJune 14, 2015
Pros: fleixible scheduling
Cons: the lay offs due to job reduction at company, many veteran employees getting the bad news of layoff
TMK IPSCO was a great company to work for during 21 yrs of service. I worked 12 hrs shifts 2 on 2 off and then 3 days on weekends. I would return to work if called back however on the letter of notice we were served it said lay offs were basically permanent I can also produce such letter. I also lost my insurance at time of lay off so that too is crucial. But overall my experience in 21 yrs was good.
Great work environment
Post Production Lead (Former Employee), Midland, TXJune 6, 2015
Awesome place to work the company cares a lot about its employees and their goals. Tmk Ipsco is a leader in the tubular and Peiping Industry with great wages to seal the deal. Each employee is committed to providing their customers with quality product on time at a competitive price.