Assist and provide support for the Supply Chain Management Team in their daily activities to insure timely delivery of materials, supplies and resale items.
- Action the Purchase Report according to assigned vendor list to insure required items are ordered promptly.
- Reply to Branch inquiries for price and delivery requests including vendor sourcing for new products.
- Assist with vendor price updates and understand the process for their completion.
- Organize and rationalize shop supplies and consumables for Central and all Branches with the intention of moving toward a vendor managed system, and other purchasing and service agreements/proposals as required.
- Provide assistance to Supply Chain Team and other departments as required. Update Freight analysis spread sheet as required. Solicit freight quotation for FTL and LTL over 15,000lbs and chose between competing carriers.
- Investigate vendor shipment discrepancies and enter freight claims as necessary.
- Review and forward customs documents to broker for incoming containers.
- Review and file purchase requisitions cancellations.
- Track, organize and disperse receiving paperwork for incoming containers and reply to all brokerage queries.
- Perform basic duties of Senior Purchaser in their absence in a back-up capacity.
- Other duties as assigned by the Supply Chain Manager and Purchasing
- Minimum Grade 12 education and basic mathematical skills.
- Some sort of formal Purchasing education such as PMAC considered an asset.
- Advanced clerical skills.
- Minimum two years previous experience in a Purchasing role.
- Basic knowledge of product lines and their applications.
- Able to analyze technical and financial data.
- Intermediate skills with Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Time management, organization and prioritization skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Organized and prompt with deadlines.
- Problem solving, Decision-making and negotiation skills.
- Able to maintain internal and external customer relations.
- Able to resolve customer issues and make quick decisions.
- Able to maintain sound internal customer relations over the telephone.
- Customer service orientated (internal and external customers)
- Professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
Indeed - 11 months ago
copy to clipboard
Titan Supply LP offers various seminars covering topics such as; rigging principles, current rigging standards, inspection requirements,...