As a SCIENTIFIC SPECIALIST, your main responsibilities include Radiological testing reporting, assisting Sr. Scientific Specialist with research and development and quality documentation. The incumbent of this position also assists in planning, coordinating and directing the analysis in the Radiological Department in order to meet turnaround time requirements.
This position is an integral participant in the leadership team at Canada's largest privately owned analytical laboratory network. Duties span from Lab Operations, Research & Development and Quality Assurance.
You are the ideal SCIENTIFIC SPECIALIST, if you have:
- Master’s Degree in Chemistry (Analytical Chemistry preferred) with 6+ years of related experience, or PhD degree with 3+ years experience.
- Leadership experience and environmental radiochemistry experience an asset.
- Experience/training with the following analytical instruments: Gamma-Spectrometers, Alpha-Spectrometers, Gas Flow Proportional Counters, Liquid Scintillation Counter would be an asset.
- Knowledge of radiological testing technologies and procedures would be an asset.
- Energetic personality that can work independently and with a team in a multi-tasking fast paced environment.
- Must be able to work well under pressure and prioritize tasks.
- Must be proficient with MS Office, LIMS experience is a plus.
- Experience in an ISO 17025 certified laboratory would be an asset
Please contact Jill Gaffe at 905-522-9335.