Timken

Timken Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Work Day
Runner (Former Employee), Forest City, NCDecember 3, 2013
Typical day at work would have been keeping track of job order movements and delivery of tooling and jobs to each machine in order of the work order. I learned some CNC and how to read work orders for a machine shop. My co-workers were the best part of working there, they were like one giant family! The hardest part of my job was keeping up with tag – more... placements on the work order board. The most enjoyable part of my job was my interaction with my co-workers. – less
Productive and fun workplace.
Packer/Inspector (Former Employee), Duncan, SCNovember 19, 2013
Pros: excellent staff
Cons: breaks seemed to be too short.
The best part of the job was that we all worked in a close knit area and we all got along great.
easy to grasp workplace
receiving (Former Employee), duncan, s.c.November 7, 2013
management was good, the work varied sometimes. it was good to know multible departments.
Timken has been a challenging company to work for with better than average benefits.
Manufacturing Analyst - Engineering Group (Current Employee), Randleman, NCOctober 28, 2013
Pros: steady work, healthcare benefits, matching 401k
Cons: overloaded employees
A down economy has everyone focused on controlling cost and generating revenue. A typical day at the plant would begin by reviewing specific process issues that may have popped up overnight which may have slowed or hindering production flow through the plant. After putting together a plan to address the fires, I would precede working on my assigned – more... engineering projects. There are only four of us in the engineering group and we try to support all areas of the plant. Seems there is always a problem with a process or a person needing help and never enough time in the day. The hardest part of my job is finding enough time to help everyone. My personality is to never leave someone in need of help when they have truly exhausted all avenues. Management has generally been supportive, we all are seeing the effects of over burdening. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing a project complete working as planned. – less
Best Company in Canton, Ohio to work.
Senior Secretary (Former Employee), Canton, OHOctober 23, 2013
Pros: great salary and benefits
Cons: at the time i worked there, there were no part-time positions.
I believe The Timken Company is the best place to work in Canton, Ohio. Worked there for 10 years before my children were born. Great atmosphere, great salary and benefits. The hardest part of the job was being able to be the BEST employee that I could be, while being the BEST Mother I could be. I decided I didn't want to try to juggle both. I decided – more... I had to choose. Left to be a full-time Mother and own my own business along with my husband. My children are grown now and I can devote all my attention to my job. – less
productive and stimulating
Truck Scale Operator and Receiving Processor (Current Employee), Canton, OHOctober 17, 2013
Pros: never boring
Cons: no job security, fluctuates with market
This job has been fantastic.Everyday is a bit different and there are new challenges. Training is a bit sparse learn as you go. Folks are friendly and helpful.
Plant is downsizing
Plant Controller & Supply Chain Manager (Current Employee), Altavista, VAOctober 17, 2013
Plant where I am currently employed is downsizing and I got caught up in the right sizing.
Not too bad
Former worker (Former Employee), Eaton, OHOctober 8, 2013
Not a bad place to work, not the greatest either. Co workers were friendly for the most part. Management had their favorites. Company offered decent benefits and activities for the family.
Machine Operation
Senior Process Equipment Operator (Current Employee), Altavista, VAOctober 6, 2013
Not able to use my education that they paid for. Did not like that they paid for me to get a MBA and did not attempt to promote me. Promoted others instead
Associate, Operations Development Program (Current Employee), Lincolnton, NCSeptember 17, 2013
good place to work, good co workers, hardest part of the job is not being able to work, not
Laborer
Laborer (Former Employee), Bucyrus, OHSeptember 10, 2013
Timken provided me with a job that offered competivive wages with a good benefit package. I was employed there for almost 10 years before the company had a mass layoff due to moving their distribution center to South Carolina.
Timken
Sr. Technical Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Canton, OHSeptember 9, 2013
I have learned many new and exciting concepts while working at Timken. Everything from general business practices to engineering comcepts, I feel they have done a good job with developing young employees.
Bureaucratic
customer service (Former Employee), OhioSeptember 4, 2013
Pros: decent health insurance
Cons: treatment of employees
Quite a bureaucratic place when I was there. . Hard to get answers from management, talent not valued.
Achive New targets
Project Engineer (Former Employee), Gurgaon, HRSeptember 2, 2013
o DG Set (40 KVA to 1250KVA).
o Cooling towers water pipe line, exhaust piping, sound proof (acoustic), Bulk storage tank (HSD) having capacity of 20 KL.
o Main LT/HT Panels.
o Transformers up to 1500 KVA.
o Designing of the pipe line layout & panel layout.
Retired (Former Employee), Canton, OHAugust 27, 2013
Pros: great company, treat you very well and compensate you well for your experience.
Opportunity for advancement, lots of resources for education.
Hard work and lots of stress
Heat treat specialist (Former Employee), Benoni, GPAugust 22, 2013
Pros: r20 for lunch
Cons: working 40 hours a week normal time and lots of overtims
1. Ensure Ms results are checked and product are approved before the parts are loaded in hardening furnace.
2. Co-ordinate with production and submit and the Monthly hardening Audit (MHA) samples once in a month and the Bearing Component Audit (BCA) samples as per the requirement.
3. Ensure plant is compliance to 3.20 pyrometry corporate standard. TUS, – more... SAT for Pit, RHF, Tempering and Ms station is checked and meeting as per 3.20 standard & all thermocouples are meeting 3.20 standard
4. Ensure weekly inspection is done for microstructure-carbides, NMTP, RA, decarb, 80C.
5. Ensure all the lab equipment’s are calibrated and meeting corporate standards.
6. Ensure yearly case depth survey, quench oil inspection, annual review of Ms sample location, annual review of product vs slug, CCR rings are completed as per the corporate standard 3.4, 3.5, 3.6, 3.7
7. Ensure Monthly Metallurgical reports are submitted to General Manager-PMM, Chief Material Engineers & internal communication.
8. Ensure all the Ms lab technicians are well trained before on the job activities.
9. Monitor daily calibration is done & hourly hardness checks are done by production associates.
10. Ensure Grind injury samples are checked on every shift as per the sampling plan and meeting the 10.27 corporate standard.
11. Support production and train operators for plug tool setting and gauging for part no change over. – less
Productive fast passed work environment
CNC Machinist/Operator (Current Employee), Manchester, CTAugust 14, 2013
My day consist of being a setup/operator on a CNC lathe. I work with tight tolerances and love the challenge of trouble shooting and problem solving. I work very well with others. The most enjoyable part of my job is the pride I have on seeing a finished product.
good pay rewarding dedicated employees
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Gaffney, SCJuly 28, 2013
Pros: excellent pay, options for advancemnent
Cons: midnight shift for 20 years
This was a good job for dedicated employees! Hard work but satisfying in being appreciated!
The hardest part of my job at Timken.
Process Technician (Current Employee), Randleman, NCJuly 22, 2013
The hardest part of the job is working the 12 hours shifts every Thursday, Friday, Saturday and every other Sunday. Missing out on family functions that are held on weekends. But, the most enjoyable part is having 3 to 4 days off per week.
Fun place, but not very good compensation
LAA PROCESSOR/TRAINER (Former Employee), Bucyrus, OhioJuly 9, 2013
Good people, decent management.

Learned every aspect of jewelry manufacturing.

Job atmosphere is laid back.

About Timken

The Timken Company keeps its bearings straight. The company makes bearings that find their way into products from consumer appliances to – Read more