Timken

Timken Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Not to bad of a job.
Assembly/Inspection/Machine Operator (Former Employee), Iron Station, NCJuly 16, 2015
First job I ever had out of high school. It was a hard job. A lot of lifting, pulling, and standing. Not for me. I learned how to assemble and inspect roller bearings and then went to machine operator. Here I learned to operate grinding machines.
Everybody was treated like family
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Clinton, SCJuly 7, 2015
Pros: Friendly and productive company until they closed
Cons: Great place to work
The job was very good nothing stressful, everybody did there job and got along with each other. Nothing was hard about the job I ran multi-machines and sometimes a manual. I really do miss that place.
staff
Machine setter (Former Employee), Honea Path, SCJuly 5, 2015
Pros: employees
Cons: attitude
Great place to work some of the best employees that I have worked with,I think they need to judge people by there performance.
usr to be great place to work till cut backs put the wrong people in chsrge
repairmen (Current Employee), scJuly 1, 2015
Pros: discounts
Cons: high health care prices
megan is driving the Timken name in the ground and does not seem to really care. when asking her questions its the same old same old.shell get back to you.
Always an excitement to work
Manager (Current Employee), Jamshedpur, JHJuly 1, 2015
world class manufacturing and culture is so nice that always empowers you to innovate & challenge the best to set the new benchmark
great place to work
Financial Analyst (Contingent) (Former Employee), Canton, OHJune 26, 2015
Worked an odd shift, work environment was great. Management was help full towards giving point of direction and answering questions.
Great workplace
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Sylvania, GAJune 2, 2015
Great place to work for if you enjoy making money. Also great people to for and with. If i could i would work full time only there again
ran very high tech machinery in a seven day operations
Senior Process Equipment Operator (Former Employee), Altavista, VAMay 28, 2015
Pros: small company with team based environment
Cons: excesssive overtime a must
very long process of training to learn jobs.. no supervision no maintenance with employees running production with high attention to detail of running equipment with safety first and quality at high alertness. noone over your back but alot of decision making on production floor being team based environment sharing jobs with co-workers.
Not family oriented nor a stable work environment
Production Operator (Current Employee), Iron Station, NCMay 21, 2015
Timken is not a stable workplace, not being able to know if you are going to be working 24 or 48 hours until Wednesday of the same week. Management does not follow up with issues that employees bring to their attention.
Typical steel mill environment.
Shipping Processor (Former Employee), Canton, OhioMay 16, 2015
Pros: Pay, benefits, departmental shift schedule (not typical)
Cons: poor management and volatile steel industry stability
I have worked here for 4 and a half years and have been laid off 4 times, two were extended periods of time. I enjoy working outside and most of my fellow employees.
Good
Trainer, Lean Leader (Current Employee), Randleman, NCApril 30, 2015
Good people, nice place to work. Quality is main. As long you give average production then nobody bothers you. 12 hours shift is long though
Workplace
Store Keeper/Forklift Driver (Former Employee), NorthamptonApril 16, 2015
Pros: Free parking
During this time, I was responsible for delivery of a variety of different oil grades to departments within the factory, by forklift truck. Having worked in this area for 22 years, I was required to have specialist knowledge of oil grades within the Engineering Industry. I was also responsible for the planning, checking and calculating of oil quantities, to ensure that stock levels remain at a constant level. This involved ensuring that accurate records were kept up to date and machine parts were issued in line with production. I was fully accredited with Achievement of ISO 9001- Oils.
supervisor (Former Employee), Clinton, SCMarch 15, 2015
Enjoyed working there. Very organized and fair company. Good benefits. Relaxed but demanding environment. Loved the structure and standard work set up.
Generally very good people to work with and a professional environment
Manager (Current Employee), North Canton, OHMarch 2, 2015
A good company to work for as evidence by a lengthy tenure with the organization. Colleagues generally very good to work with.
Productive work place
Grinding Machine Operator (Current Employee), Iron Station, NCMarch 1, 2015
Pros: healthcare benefits, production bonus, great hours
Cons: cleanliness of air quality
The typical day at work is having a goal to make production for the day, assemble as many parts in a timely and reasonable manner.Co-workers work together with management.
Nice Place To Work Productive And FUN Work Place
Financial Coordinator (Current Employee), Bangalore, KAFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: free snacs
MNC Company located at Bangalore electronic city phase 1
Nice Place To Work Productive And FUN Work Place
gained good knowledge
overall nice work place good environment
Good structured work environment
Recieving Clerk (Current Employee), Mascot, TNFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: benefits are good
Cons: this depends on the person.
Typical day is work in fast paced area time goes by quickly co worker are fun to work with. Always learning something new and challenging.
Very dynamic place work with lots of opportunity
Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Union, SCFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: ever changing environment
In working for Timken I was able to gain knowledge by working closely with production and supporting them daily. I was able a different industry and the manufacturing behind making bearings. The manager I reported to was tremendously talented and knew her job and mine in a way that allowed both teaching and mentoring to come into play. One of the best parts of the job was learning the process of setting standards for the organization.
proffesional environment
SETTER OPERATOR (Former Employee), Honea Path, SCFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: use vacation time for missed days
Cons: last second notice to work weekends
very relaxed place to work that had a family feel to it. 3rd shift was the hardest part. interaction with coworkers was the most fun.
A professional and well organized business.
Office Assistant Externship (Former Employee), warren ohioJanuary 28, 2015
I was only there for a externship program for school.. I basically did filing, and data entry.. I enjoyed the office work that was allowed for me to do, friendly atmosphere, and worked with professional employers, overall it seemed like a very organized business..

1 2 3 4 5

About Timken

The Timken Company keeps its bearings straight. The company makes bearings that find their way into products from consumer appliances to – Read more