Timbercreek Communities Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Exceptional staff, they really do listen
Maintenance Worker (Current Employee) –  London, ON22 September 2017
For some whom have written rather negative reviews, this shouldn't scare anyone to apply for a job here. If your willing to learn and take advice and hold some residential maintenance skills, it is by far a good place to be. It is a good place to learn. Interaction between Management and staff are excellent. You do have to show that you don't need to be baby sat, in this industry, there is no room for that. Work hard and show you are valuable, you will grow.
Pros
Good salary, good benefits, great Staff.
Cons
None at the moment
Awful place to work with no job security
Live out Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Mooregate Cres, Kitchener ON29 June 2017
After working for this company for a while I have learned to appreciate what a lot of residents go through living in a place like this.
The turn over rate for maintenance is frightening and if someone comes along who takes more than you can. See ya
I have watched so many good workers quit one after another and regional manager could care less, they know someone else is hungry out there. Do yourself a favour and look for a company with morals and understanding to the work load that is thrown at you. As said in a few reviews the regional manager is a snake.
Months of promises that never come and don't fool yourself in thinking they like you.
Pros
Working with amazing people
Cons
Everything to do with management
A Typical Day at Work
Building Manager's (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON15 June 2017
I always enjoyed my ride down the elevator, the good mornings to many of the residents, leaving to start their day. Our walk around the building, to make sure all is safe and clean for our residents.

Into the office, open computer to see what is new for the day, what applications were approved or not. Keeping communication open with management on daily and routine check ups.

The hardest part of the job was finding time to go for lunch! Very busy day, between resident visits, or complaints, filing information for my husband and making sure we had the communication and services to deal with a problem in the building.

I loved my job!
Pros
The gratification from the Residents.
Cons
Not always having the means to help repair apartments when needed.
If you like yourself just a little bit, please say away from this company!!!!
Building Administrator (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON31 May 2017
The ability of this company to stay in business is amazing, especially when you know that the only thing they care about is the BOTTOM LINE. Corporate office is like completely different Universe, they have absolutely no idea what site teams are going through. Also don't be fooled by the name "support office", it really should be called "blame distribution center". You will be fed to wolfs daily. There is no training provided when you start and you will have to find your way around very quickly. Your hours might change, and no you are not going to be paid any extra for extra hours. Forget about lunch, there is no time for that! Your manager might insist that you close the doors and have lunch brake, but at the same time you are expected to answer the phone (that usually doesn't stop ringing). Residents are treated very poorly as well: you will never get an answer from HO to a real issue, but somehow YOU supposed to provide Best Service!!! Do yourself a BIG favor and never go anywhere close to this company! They don't deserve smart, loyal, hardworking people. I was lucky to work with the most amazing site team, but one by one we all left and no one at HO cared.Don't flatter yourself, you are not even a number.
If you read other reviews, you'll see the same story from coast to coast.
Sadly it's all true :(
On the positive note:You will never have to answer a question "Why are you looking for another job?". Every company in this industry knows how awful Timbercreek is.
Pros
Had a chance to work with amazing people on site! Now we all gone.
Cons
No life left in you after work.
Worse place to work no job security
Building Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ON29 April 2017
Beware of the Regional Manager. She is a snake and a manipulator. If she doesn't like you she will get rid of you. A total liar. She is in control. You can work there for years and she has no respect.
Office Administration and Leasing Coordinator not much training given
Residential Leasing Coordinator & Admin. Support (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON20 April 2017
I loved working at Timbercreek but if I had not had over 30 years of administrative experience I would have been unable to work there. The other employees were wonderful to me but there was very little training given. Very, very busy place and too much running to other buildings all over the city. Sometimes people did not cooperate fully in the leasing field as they felt I was going to take their commissions. That was not the case as I was employed by the hour with Randstad.
Pros
Learning new talent
Cons
Lack of training and understanding
not a good place to work
former building manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON3 April 2017
for me I felt that the work load was getting bigger by the week with no compensation for the workload. there needs to be a balance. if you want us to work fine but it must balance the workload as well and stop being so greedy for money and power that is not what life is about. people work to live not live to work. also there should be a team effort for the company but there is not. it is a here's the key there's your job go. when I first started for them it was great by the time I left it was not good at all they work all of us like slaves more or less added on work but pay stayed the same all companies need to balance out the work/pay thing or don't get big and poison yourself with money. People make you money b/c they work for you.
Pros
its a job
Cons
mostly everything
Building manager
Building manager/Cleaner (Former Employee) –  London, ON3 April 2016
Learned to be a building manager, worked lots of hours through the week, it was a great learning experience for me and i learned alot from this position
an interesting company to work for
Jr. Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON28 January 2016
This Company has its ups and downs. They went though a lot of staff members because people were under valued. they valued the employees that were not able to complete their jobs.
Former rental agent
Leasing (Former Employee) –  MontrĂ©al, QC1 December 2015
In my experience with this company was overall okay
I gave more than I received
Not a loyal company and they will feed you to the wolves the minutes they get a chance
The management expects way too much and there is never any funds to support it , they want you to give up your weekends and your time without any recognition
They simply don't appreciate anyone! !!
Pros
Free lunch ??? Haha
Cons
No free lunch
Run, run fast.
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Ontario25 November 2015
Simply awful. You should take my advice and look elsewhere. There is no loyalty here. You are just a number and will be fed to the wolves if it is convenient for the company.

Also, there is an expectation for a level of service, but will not provide any money to provide that service and then blame you for the poor service.
Pros
No micro managing
Cons
Zero loyalty
Great place to work and live
Resident Manager (Current Employee) –  Halifax NS12 September 2015
Its a great place to work and live , you get to know the residents on a personal level. You will make relationships that will last forever. It is great to have a new and exciting moment every day.
Simply Awful
Building Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg,MB25 August 2015
Similar to their Wpg. properties this organization looks great from the outside but once employed you'll find the insides rotten. From the top down this company preaches a 'winning mentality' yet their leadership group continues to fail year after year while fostering a culture of blame/ignorance 'cascading' down to all employees. Until such time true changes take place with the core leadership this outfit shall remain a failure. The staff turnover rate is extremely high & know that despite what one is told during on-boarding you're expected to be available 24/7, no exceptions. With their lemon product clearly over-priced for the Wpg market & leaderships' gross lack of accountability, employment is not only stressful but also a proverbial black hole for positivity, creativity, & career advancement. Simply put, this is just not a good place to work.
Pros
Lots of work to keep busy, health benefits
Cons
Summary below combined with living your job 24/7 with no end & no support
Great Place to work
Area Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 January 2015
Timbercreek is a great place to work for someone who is just starting their career. There is great advancement and great benefits.
Pros
On the job Training
Cons
Good Pay but lacking in direction and no sense of empowerment to do my job
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON19 February 2014
I was hired as a manager but it was only in name. I didn't feel that I had any authority once so ever. I was given very little guidance in the direction that I was expected to go. I was terminated 2 days prior to my 90 probation period, being told that my position was being eliminated.
Pros
Decent Pay
Cons
Lack of empowerment to do my job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Timbercreek Communities. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5