About the Company
Timbercreek is an independently owned investment firm who actively manages our Multi-Residential buildings with experienced professionals. Our roots started in 1999 with our founding partners managing the day-to-day operations of the buildings themselves. Since then Timbercreek has expanded across Canada. Today we are a $4.1 billion multi-faceted asset management company focused on both domestic and international real estate investment.
About the Position
Regional Managers thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment and are responsible for managing overall regional operations including leasing, building operations, and capital projects and promoting the Timbercreek advantage of being the preferred landlord.
Operations and Leasing:
- Oversee and manage assigned property management functions to improve efficiency and reduce operating costs.
- Inspect the properties on a weekly/daily basis to monitor performance.
- Ensure that properties are properly maintained to Timbercreek standards.
- Establish or adjust work procedures to meet production schedule.
- Propose and discuss possible renovations or improvements with property owners.
- Obtain proper authorization before engaging contractors.
- Obtain quotes or bids from contractors for repairs, renovations and maintenance.
- Ensure that work has been satisfactorily completed and approve invoices.
- Have a standard process and procedure in place to resolve issues relating to repairs and maintenance in a timely fashion.
- Ability to coordinate after hours emergencies as required.
- Responsible for maintaining occupancy levels at the mandate set by Timbercreek.
- Have knowledge of market rents and ability to set asking rents based on the market conditions.
- Have working knowledge of legislation pertaining to the Rental Housing Industry, Human Rights Code and Labour Standards Act.
Leadership and Management:
- Directly manage on-site staff including, Regional Administrator, Regional Leasing Coordinator, Building Managers, Maintenance Associates and Cleaners.
- Responsible for planning, assigning and directing work; for interviewing and hiring staff; training staff; employee relations; mentoring and coaching.
- Responsible for following Timbercreek’s Human Capital Management policies and procedures regarding new hires, terminations, discipline etc.
- Analyze and resolve work problems, or assist subordinates in solving work problems.
- Initiate or suggest plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals.
- Ensures that a superior level of co-operation, service and support is provided to residents, thereby ensuring that Timbercreek is a landlord of choice.
- Ensures building standards are maintained to a high level and building staff are performing duties in a professional manner.
- Supports and trains site-level staff on Timbercreek’s standards of Customer Service.
- Ability to resolve resident complaints and concerns in a timely fashion.
Financial and Budgets:
- Accountability for budgets and overall financial and administrative review of assigned properties.
- Prepare annual operating and capital budgets for each property
- Oversee collection of rents (and serve notices to vacate).
- Approve all invoices received by regional office.
- Responsible for ensuring rent rolls are accurate.
- Review weekly vacancies/availability reports.
- Notify Head Office of any potential problems.
- Review of operating statements and variance reports.
- Review and approve resident leases and renewal leases.
- Review rents to ensure they are “at minimum” market value.
- Oversee and ensure compliance with local housing laws and regulations.
Education and Experience:
- Preferably a Business degree with a major in a real estate discipline.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a senior role.
- Real Estate Designation (eg. CPM) an asset.
- Proven track record of operating a portfolio at a high level maximizing revenues and reducing expenses.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven sales and leasing skills as well as excellent customer relations skills.
- Works well under pressure, and displays good organizational skills as well as multitasking to meet deadlines.
- Proven ability to manage a region as an effective business model.
- Ability to negotiate with contractors and suppliers to achieve the best pricing available.
- Strong knowledge of building systems.
- Proven ability to manage a team as well as work independently.
- Ability to take initiative in order to keep a high occupancy rate.
- Proven track record of follow through to achieve results.
- Flexible and adaptable to constantly changing needs within the organization.
- Proven ability to liaise with people at all levels of an organization.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office (Excel, Word) and Yardi would be an asset
If you are interested in this position, copy and paste the following link into your web browser to fill out an application:
Indeed - 6 months ago