Timbercreek is an independently owned investment firm who actively manages our Multi-Residential buildings with experienced professionals. Our roots started in 1999 with our founding partners managing the day-to-day operations of the buildings themselves. Since then Timbercreek has expanded across Canada. Today we are a $3.5 billion multi-faceted asset management company focused on both domestic and international real estate investment.
About the Position:
Property Managers are self-starters who thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment and play a critical role in the successful operations of our apartment complexes and in the overall success of Timbercreek. Property Managers are members of the Regional Operations team. They have an interest in property management and experience managing overall property operations for an assigned portfolio of buildings including; leasing, building operations, and capital.
- Ensure that a superior level of co-operation, service and support is provided to tenants
- Ensure building standards are maintained to a high level and building staff are performing duties in a professional manner
- Support and train site-level staff on Timbercreek’s standards of Customer Service
- Ability to resolve resident complaints and concerns in a timely fashion
Operations and Leasing:
- Oversee and manage assigned property management functions to improve efficiency and reduce operating costs
- Inspect the properties on a weekly/daily basis to monitor performance
- Ensure that properties are properly maintained to Timbercreek standards
- Establish or adjust work procedures to meet production schedule
- Propose and discuss possible renovations or improvements with property owners
- Obtain proper authorization before engaging contractors
- Obtain quotes or bids from contractors for repairs, renovations and maintenance
- Ensure that work has been satisfactorily completed and approve invoices
- Maintain a standard process and procedure to resolve issues relating to repairs and maintenance in a timely fashion
- Ability to coordinate after hours emergencies as required
- Responsible for maintaining occupancy levels at the mandate set by Timbercreek
- Have knowledge of market rents and ability to set asking rents based on the market conditions
- Have working knowledge of legislation pertaining to the Rental Housing Industry, Human Rights Code and Labour Standards Act
Leadership and Management:
- Directly manage on-site staff including, Building Managers, Maintenance Associates and Cleaners.
- Responsible for planning, assigning and directing work; for interviewing and hiring staff; training staff; employee relations; mentoring and coaching
- Responsible for following Timbercreek’s Human Capital Management policies and procedures regarding new hires, terminations, discipline etc.
- Analyze and resolve work problems, or assist subordinates in solving work problems
- Initiate or suggest plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals
Financial and Budgets:
- Accountable for managing budgets of assigned properties
- Oversee collection of rents (and serve notices to vacate)
- Responsible for ensuring rent rolls are accurate
- Review weekly vacancies/availability reports
- Notify Regional Manager of any potential problems
- Review of operating statements and variance reports
- Review and approve tenant leases and renewal leases
- Review rents to ensure they are “at minimum” market value
- Oversee and ensure compliance with local housing laws and regulations
Education and Experience:
- Completion of post-secondary diploma with a major in a real estate discipline is preferrable
- Real estate designation (eg. CPM) an asset
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a senior role
- Proven track record of operating a portfolio at a high level maximizing revenues and reducing expenses.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven sales and leasing skills as well as excellent customer relations skills.
- Works well under pressure, and displays good organizational skills as well as multitasking to meet deadlines.
- Proven ability to manage a region as an effective business model.
- Ability to negotiate with contractors and suppliers to achieve the best pricing available.
- Strong knowledge of building systems.
- Proven ability to manage a team as well as work independently.
- Ability to take initiative in order to keep a high occupancy rate.
- Proven track record of follow through to achieve results.
- Flexible and adaptable to constantly changing needs within the organization.
- Proven ability to liaise with people at all levels of an organization.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office (Excel, Word) and Yardi would be an asset
- A professional demeanor and coupled with strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Demonstrates a high degree of integrity, diplomacy, discretion and confidentiality.
- Ability to accurately listen, understand and respond appropriately.
- Ability to work and act independently using good judgment when assessing difficult situations.
- Ability to remain calm and focused in high pressure situations.
- Self-motivated individual who is proactive, takes initiative, goal and results oriented and work independently without a lot of direction.
- Superior organizational and time management skills in order to multi-task/prioritize and work under tight timelines and meet multiple deadlines.
- Excellent problem solving capabilities.
Indeed - 10 months ago
copy to clipboard
Timbercreek owns and operates more than 16,000 residential suites across Canada. We offer a wide choice of quality rental apartments...