About the Company:
Timbercreek Asset Management Inc. is an alternative investment management business that employs a conservative and risk-averse approach to real estate-based investments. Founded in 1999, Timbercreek currently manages approximately $3.2 billion in assets through its various private and public funds invested in direct real estate (primarily multi-residential), mortgage debt and real estate securities. As an investment fund manager, property manager and lender, Timbercreek’s audiences include investment advisors, individual investors, institutional investors, strategic partners, commercial real estate borrowers, multi-residential tenants, and employees. In 2010, Timbercreek was ranked by PROFIT Magazine as the 10th fastest growing company in Canada.
About the Position:
Timbercreek is a fast paced growing organization with considerable growth potential for the right individual. This position offers an exciting opportunity to grow with the company.
The Project Coordinator is responsible for coordinating activities, resources and documentation across a portfolio of multi-residential building projects, with a primary focus on managing suite renovation programs. The coordinator will identify opportunities to capitalize on project synergies and for avoiding project conflicts.
- With direction from the Asset Management group and in cooperation with the Operations and Marketing groups – define scope of work in order to reposition each asset
- Identify priorities, time limitations, budget & quality
- Ensures engineering and design resources are available and capable of meeting objectives
- Prepare recommendations for Senior Management approval based upon established scopes
- Establishes and coordinates documented project/work schedules.
- Provides regular status reports of project milestones and makes adjustments to schedules as needed
- Coordinates and ensures “off-site work” is performed according to criteria
- Ensures the cost effective management of all processes related to the projects including site access, on-floor raw material, work in process, and finished components
- Manages internal and external resources to achieve project objectives
- Maintains compliance of departmental operating procedures within Timbercreek Asset Management, including obtaining necessary approvals, managing change and reporting on cashflow requirements
- Perform regular documented reviews, maintain daily progress reports and issue updates to affected parties
- Continuously improve cost reduction initiatives
- Report to senior management, the status of the project development and engineering issues for resolution
- University degree, Engineering/Business related degree would be an asset
- Working towards or PMP designation would be an asset
- Approximately 1-2 years of related project coordinator experience preferably in Real Estate or Construction
- A motivated, data-savvy individual with a focus on Real Estate, Property Management and Construction
- Knowledge of building systems
- Well-developed analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strategic thinking and decision making skills
- Driven and self-motivated individual
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal)
- Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Office and Yardi would be an asset - a high degree of proficiency in Excel is a must
- Superior organizational, time management and multi-tasking skills
- Regular travel to various project sites is expected in and around the GTA
- Must have the ability to travel throughout Canada as needed for assignments as the need arises
Indeed - 12 months ago
Timbercreek owns and operates more than 16,000 residential suites across Canada. We offer a wide choice of quality rental apartments...