About the Position:
Maintenance Associates reports to the Regional Manager and contribute to the successful operations of our apartment complexes and to the overall success of Timbercreek. This role is primarily responsible for the general, preventative and repair maintenance of the buildings, apartment units and grounds while complying with Health and Safety policies. This role responds to emergency situations during and after hours to resolve immediate safety concerns. In addition, the role supports a variety of maintenance activities including: minor carpentry, electrical, plumbing and painting to ensure service and support is provided to tenants thereby promoting Timbercreek as the preferred land lord of choice.
- Ensure that a superior level of cooperation, service and support is provided to tenants
- Promptly respond to service requests
- Inspect grounds, facilities, and equipment to determine if repairs or preventative maintenance is required.
- Comply with health & safety procedures ensuring the use of required safety equipment and identifying unsafe practices and conditions while maintaining a clean and safe working environment
- Performs general and specialized maintenance and repairs to site properties and surrounding properties under the direction of the Regional Manager
- Maintains regular and timely documentation of maintenance activities
Education & Experience:
- Completion of High School or general education degree (GED)
- 2+ years of related experience
- Exposure to the multi-residential or other related industry asset class would be considered an asset.
- WHMIS certification would be an asset
- Certification/license from one of the trade professions would be a definite asset
- Building /Property Maintenance
- Basic knowledge of plumbing, electrical, drywall, carpentry, painting
- Proficient with use of basic handheld and electrical tools
- A commitment to “Best in Class” customer services
- A professional demeanor with strong communication skills
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Ability to accurately listen, understand and respond appropriately
- Ability to work and act independently using good judgment when assessing difficult situations.
- Self-motivated individual who has a “can-do” attitude and “no task is too big or too small” attitude
- Superior organization and time management skills with the ability to multitask/prioritize and work under tight timelines
- Flexibility to work on-call on a rotating schedule (evenings & weekends)
Physical Demand/Working Conditions:
- Lift and/or move up to 70lb., sometimes over shoulder
- Repetitive bending and lifting of items
- Repetitive are movements
- Push and pull objects
- Walk, stand
- Bend forward
- Kneel down
- Work in small or restricted spaces
- Exposure to wet/humid conditions; High precarious places; outside weather conditions; vibrations; fumes/airborne particles; caustic chemicals; the noise level in the work environment may be moderate to loud.
Indeed - 16 months ago
copy to clipboard
Timbercreek owns and operates more than 16,000 residential suites across Canada. We offer a wide choice of quality rental apartments...