About the Company:
Timbercreek Asset Management Inc. is an alternative investment management business that employs a conservative and risk-averse approach to real estate-based investments. Founded in 1999, Timbercreek currently manages approximately $3.2 billion in assets through its various private and public funds invested in direct real estate (primarily multi-residential), mortgage debt and real estate securities. As an investment fund manager, property manager and lender, Timbercreek’s audiences include investment advisors, individual investors, institutional investors, strategic partners, commercial real estate borrowers, multi-residential tenants, and employees. Timbercreek was ranked once again by PROFIT Magazine as one of the fastest growing companies in Canada.
About the Position:
Timbercreek is seeking a Bilingual (French) Accounts Payable Clerk who will thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment. The successful candidate will be a member of the Accounting Department and a self-starter, who is interested in Real Estate and Alternative Asset Investment Management. The successful candidate will have experience in the Property Management industry and be fully bilingual in French.
- Full cycle A/P functions
- Resolve accounts payable issues; including contacting suppliers and Regional Offices
- Process expense reports, utilities, phone/Internet and Construction module bills
- Code and enter up to 100 invoices daily
- Prepare cheques and file backups
- Assist with year-end audit, preparation of accruals and account reconciliation
- Other administration duties as assigned
- Accounting diploma and/or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience
- 2-4 years’ experience in full cycle accounts payable processing
- Must be fully bilingual in French
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office (Excel, Word), Payscan and Yardi would be an asset
- Ability to effectively manage high volume of invoices on daily basis
- Provide superior customer service to internal business units
- Strong communication (both written and verbal)
- Ability to work and act independently using good judgment when assessing difficult situations
- Self-motivated individual who is proactive and takes initiative
- Superior organizational and time management skills in order to multi-task/prioritize and work under tight timelines
- Ability to accurately listen and understand, and respond appropriately
- A professional demeanor and coupled with strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Demonstrates a high degree of integrity, diplomacy, discretion and confidentiality.
- Ability to accurately listen, understand and respond appropriately.
- Excellent problem solving capabilities.
- Superior attention to detail and accuracy and excellent follow-up skills.
Indeed - 8 months ago
Timbercreek owns and operates more than 16,000 residential suites across Canada. We offer a wide choice of quality rental apartments...