Tim Hortons

Tim Hortons Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun and Very Fast Moving work place
Food Counter Attendant (Former Employee), Cold Lake, ABMarch 3, 2015
Pros: 50% off staff meal
Cons: too cold because of the snow
I am working here in 4 different shifts, but most of the time I am in morning shift. It is a fast phased kind of work, people come and go. Basically, my duty is to take the orders of the customer and at the same time I am also the one who is in charge of running the items needed. I am also assigned in Food preparation which is the hardest station at Tim Hortons, I do sandwiches, soups and breakfast.
Being in Tim Hortons is fun, I get to meet a lot of customers everyday, but of course we also have our regular customers as well. The most enjoyable part is in Drive-thru station, it's fun, though we don't have direct interaction with the customers we make sure that they are treated properly and promptly.
Interactive while still doing business
Assistant manager (Current Employee), 100 metcalfe St.March 2, 2015
Pros: paid parking, teaching/training
Cons: pay rate
A typical day at work begins with going through a store checklist to make sure it is ready for the morning rush. Prepare staff with a daily objective. Perform a figure 8 around the store to make sure store is clean, staff are doing what they are supposed to, and observe guest perception. After being on the floor helping with the morning rush I begin my manager work in the office (daily check lists, reviewing logs, working on schedules etc.).
Our location has a manger, two assistant managers, and a few part-time supervisors. The manager is new to Tim Horton's as of this past summer, therefore I do a lot more manager work than my job description requires.
I get along with all my co-workers, we are more like a family.
The hardest part of my job is not to stress out. It can be overwhelming some days but nothing I cannot handle.
The most enjoyable part of my job is accomplishment. There is always something new to learn being on a management team. There is nothing I love more than expanding my knowledge and experience.
Very busy fast paced enviroment
Front End Staff (Former Employee), Ajax, ONMarch 2, 2015
Pros: lots of hours
Cons: moved away
Great staff
Good hours
Close to home
Learned all positions, grill being my favorite
Hardest part of job was being on my feet over 12 hours a day when I worked overtime
Best part working with amazing crew
Fast Paced fun environment
Evening Supervisor (Former Employee), Arnprior, ONMarch 2, 2015
This was the perfect job for while I was attending college on a part-time basis. They were compassionate to the balance between work and school. The atmosphere was great, I worked with fun people.
Productive and friendly environment.
CSC Coordinator (Former Employee), Halifax, NSMarch 1, 2015
Tim Hortons is a very fast paced environment that allows me to test new skills everyday as well as pushes me to my limits. Working here has opened me as a person and i absolutely love working with every one of my team members.
Great opportunity
Customer Services Representative (Current Employee), Cambridge, ONMarch 1, 2015
McDonalds was really a wonderful opportunity before it closed.
Got to really experience first hand what it was like to work in such a high demanding job environment.
Productive and Fast
Customer Serive Representative/Cashier (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONMarch 1, 2015
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: stressful
Nice place to make new friends and become active. It is a place where people with different background and culture work friendly together.
Fun Place to Work
Team Member (Current Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 27, 2015
Tim Horton is a good place to start when you want to gain canadian experience because you get to meet and talk to people most of the time and their management is great and schedules are flexible because the bosses are considerate and understanding.
Fun, Busy, Great Coworkers
Cashier, Baker (Current Employee), 467 King George Hwy Miramichi, NB.February 27, 2015
Pros: great staff, always having a good time while working.
Cons: bad team work.
Love the busy atmosphere. Always nice to have people working as a team. Making customers happy. Always love going into a great work environment, even on stressful days we always leave with a smile on our faces. Love seeing the customers leave happy.
Great experiance
Team Member (Current Employee), Lively, ONFebruary 27, 2015
Working at Tim Horton's gave me great costumer service experience and really taught me what it means to be a part of a team.
job work place
manager (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: work always comes home. on call 24
I worked there for 12 years and had a manager roll and I enjoyed the fast paced environment. I had great co workers. the hardest part of the job was the hours and all the hours I had to work. loved working with a team.
Friendly environment place.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Gatineau, Aylmer, QCFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: free coffee and donuts during shift.
Cons: flexible hours
My review is that I am easy going, don't get angry easily, I am friendly, and I am people person. I never hard any typical day at work, and never had any problems with my co-workers or my managers. And the job itself is easy because every day its the same routine. Last but not list, I enjoy being around people and making them simile.
Fun and fast paced!
Customer Services Representative (Former Employee), Prince George, BCFebruary 26, 2015
Tim Hortons was a great first job! I returned after doing other work and I love how fast paced it is. The discounted food was pretty awesome too!
IT Infrastructure Manager (Former Employee), Oakville, ONFebruary 26, 2015
Very busy IT department with highly dedicated team working very hard to keep the lights on while priorities keep changing.
making&service drinks, cashier, drive thru,baking
Front cash, drive thru and baker (Former Employee), Sydney, NSFebruary 26, 2015
- Made and served drinks and food, front cash, drive thru, baking

- to work in a fast paced envoirment

- Good

- Good

- Making sure all orders were correct when very busy

- The customers
Productive and fun workplace
SALES STAFF (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBFebruary 25, 2015
Tim Hortons is busy working environment. I learned how to be an effective team member. I learned being accurate and fast on customer service. There's an open communications, in which team members share their thoughts, ideas and feelings.
Food Counter Attendant (Current Employee), Fort McMurray, ABFebruary 25, 2015
Working at Timmis gave me opportunity to make a positive impact to the people everyday. For me, there's no hard work as long as you love and enjoying it.
Productive and fun workplace with paintball game
Food Counter Attendant (Current Employee), Fort McMurray, ABFebruary 25, 2015
I have proven my ability to manage the workflow of back and front of my co-workers.I am confident in my abilities to perform my job and how to cooperate others.
Fun and challenging at the same time
Store Manager (Current Employee), TorontoFebruary 25, 2015
Had a great time with the company. Learnt a lot of new skills such as training, coaching, giving positive feedback to staffs, handling customer complaints skills, research, operations standards and guidelines
Very Productive
Team Member (Former Employee), Ottawa, OntarioFebruary 25, 2015
A lot of different people come in and out of tim Hortons. Some are in a good mood, and some are not. I have a good skill to work with all types of people and emotions. I learned that customers just want great customer service. Management could've been better. But I learned to mind my business if it's not hurting me or my the people around me. The hardest part of the job is getting customers that are hard to please. But the best part is knowing that I am part of someones everyday routine.

About Tim Hortons

Tim Hortons Inc. is a Canadian fast casual restaurant known for its coffee and doughnuts. It is also Canada's largest fast food – Read more