Tim Hortons
3,412 reviews

Tim Hortons Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Its your typical fast food job
Team Member (Former Employee), Langley BCApril 1, 2015
Pros: First job and relatively easy work
Cons: Its your typical fast food job
Nothing really surprising here, typical first job working fast food. I happen to get a poor manager who only gave me 12 hours a week but I was a kid, it was my first job. I didnt know any better.

There isnt often room to grow in Fast Food unless you get the rare management that gives you the chance. Over all, what can I really say? It was your typical fast food job.
Tim hortons
Team Member (Former Employee), Stouffville, ONMarch 31, 2015
This was a basic job. As long as you can follow simple instructions, work fast and efficient, and have great customer service you are set. Within a few weeks of my work I was approached by the managers that told me what a great job I was doing.
Productive workplace
Team Member (Current Employee), Goderich, ONMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Discounts
Cons: Short hours
A typical day in the life of a Tim Hortons employee begins with excellent customer service. Making sure to get along with each and every one of your coworkers, and management staff. There is nothing I can say that's hard about my job. Serve customers, clean machinery, and clean inhouse. I believe that the most enjoyable part of my day is seeing all the smiling customers, drinking coffee, and spending time with their friends, co workers, loved ones, etc.
Enjoyable place to work
Store Front Server/Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Kapuskasing, ONMarch 31, 2015
Pros: good discount for employees
Cons: early morning shifts, such as 4am
my typical day at work would start at times at 4am in the morning. I have gained an experience on how to deal with the public.
I have learned how to relate to others such as costumers and co-workers.
My co-workers, became friends after working with them for so long.
The hardest part of my job at the time was waking up at 3am in the morning.
I became a manager there and it was a great advancement that I truly enjoyed.
I enjoyed working with the public and interacting with others on a daily basis.
Tim Hortons
team member (Current Employee), vaughn, ONMarch 31, 2015
Pros: meeting new people ( Customers)
Cons: long hours
served customers
worked in a fast paced environment
mutli-tasked
hardest part of the job was working with others who where slow paced learners.
most enjoyable part was getting to know customers and their orders.
Most enjoyable part of my job
Supervisor (Current Employee), Guelph, ONMarch 30, 2015
The most enjoyable part of my day are the customers I see on a daily basis. I enjoy working in a team and training the new staff.
Unwilling to Hire suitable amount of staff
Supervisor/Team Leader (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Advancement Opportunities for Anyone who works hard. Good Full time coworkers
Cons: Sporadic hours, don't schedule enough people during busy times
Staffing was the biggest issue. Most full time people are awesome and hardworking, but all the kids neglect their shifts and make it harder for everyone.
Fast-paced environment that required a good team member
Team Member (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Interaction with co-workers and customers
Cons: Long hours
A typical day at work included continuous interaction with customers, whether it was through the Drive-Thru or the front cash register. It also involved the preparation of food and beverages for customers. Occasionally, it included inventory management. Through this job, I developed effective communication skills. I also learned how to work with a team. The job was very fast-paced and I was able to learn how to work fast, with a team while also ensuring all my customers left with a smile on their face. The essential part of being successful at this job was having a good relationship with the management and co-workers. If one did not have the right relationship with their co-workers, we would not be able to work as a team and fulfill all our customer's needs. The hardest part of the job was preparing the food and beverages, however, our ability to work fast and satisfy all our different types of customers as quick as possible was the most enjoyable part.
Great people to work with
Team Member (Former Employee), Kingston, ONMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Wonderful people
Cons: small working space
Although they had to let me go due to company level issues, I really felt I made some good relationships with the people I worked with. They were also very understanding when issues came up.
Fun place to be with friends
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Guelph, ONMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Good food
Worked there in high school and it was the perfect job for me back then. Coworkers were great and every day was fun. Hours were very flexible.
A busy and fun place to work at.
Team Member (Former Employee), Milton, ONMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Teaches you patience, staff discounts while on shift
Cons: No employee benefits
A typical day working at Tim Hortons was productive. Time usually flew by since the specific location I worked at was extremely busy.
Working at Tim Hortons definitely improved my communication skills. I learned how to work on a cash register, and deal with money. The most difficult part of my job at Tim Hortons was to deal with rude customers. I was able to resolve most of the problems the customers had. My co-workers were friendly and it was a productive place to work at.
There are worse places to work.
Storefront Employee/Baker (Former Employee), Oshawa OntarioMarch 29, 2015
If you get a good manager, the hours are good as well as the days you work. The money isnt that great but you do get 40hrs/week if you are full time and my location was fairly accommodating.
a place where i can learn new things
Customer Service (Current Employee), AlbertaMarch 27, 2015
i like when it busy and everything is flowing in the right order. i always get along with the manager and all my co-workers. i work all station but i like drive-tru beverage the best.
Productive and fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 26, 2015
I enjoyed working at Tim Hortons, my co-workers were friendly and very helpful. It was a fast paced restaurant but I found it exhilerating.
It's fast food
Supervisor (Current Employee), Markham, ONMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Flexible scheduling
Cons: Broken Culture
The only great perk about working at the Tim Hortons location I work at is the flexible hours other than that, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. The culture is beyond broken. Employees treat customers poorly and customers treat employees poorly. It's a situation that cannot be fixed. The work during peak hours is brutal; it's cheap labour that's completely unfair to those working.
working at Tim Horton's
Customer Service Fast Food (Former Employee), Kingston OntarioMarch 26, 2015
Cons: long hours
The most enjoyable part of this job was the customers. I built rapport with the customers and made sure that their order was correct as they ordered it. I can't say much for my co-workers as most of the time it was a good environment to work in, as I found a lot of my co-workers not enjoying what they did, so I watched them bring that on when they served our guest.

I was there for almost 3 years and besides that most of the time I enjoyed my time there as I would motivate my co-workers and bring smiles to my guests face.
Productive, fast pace, wonderful daily customers
Hostess / Storefront (Former Employee), Fredericton, NBMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Daily customers, fast pace, positive work environment
Cons: Constant gossip
Typical days are fast pace, and enjoyable.
Co-workers and daily customers were a motivation to come into work.
I learned that a smile can change how a person perceives you.
The hardest part of the job was the fact I worked near an exhibition ground. Whenever an event was going on, there was hundreds of people coming in and out.
The most enjoyable was getting to know the people within my work place.
good work place
Cashier (Former Employee), Squamish, BCMarch 25, 2015
I really enjoyed working at Tim Hortons. It was a really fun environment to work in. I even recommended that my son work there.
Flexible with Hours
Night Shift Baker / Storefront Cashier (Current Employee), HamiltonMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Team member
While attending full time at Mohawk College for the past two years, Tim Hortons has been very flexible with my hours and accommodating around my schedule.
Day and Life at Tim Hortons
Supervisor/Trainer/Baker (Current Employee), Paris, ONMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Staff Discounts while on shift
Cons: Long days working on your feet.
A typical work day consists of ensuring the positioning chart is completed and paper work is completed prior to the beginning of the shift. From there serving customers is the number 1 priority. As a supervisor, I am held responsible for ensuring breaks are ran on time and daily job specs are completed prior to shift change. Communication is key in this atmosphere a long with ensuring all staff are in a positive atmosphere whether it's during a slow period or a busy rush.

About Tim Hortons

Tim Hortons Inc. is a Canadian fast casual restaurant known for its coffee and doughnuts. It is also Canada's largest fast food – Read more