Tim Hortons Employee Reviews in Canada

Found 5,168 reviews matching the search
Playing table tennis as part of Fun Break.
FOOD COUNTER ATTENDANT (Current Employee) –  Lloydminster, SKJune 28, 2016
Playing Table tennis increases workplace environment productivity.
Its fun meeting some people in different department, sharing laughter and joy to everyone.
It also increases concentration & stimulates brain function.
Less distractions in times of sitting in front of computers, phone calls, emails, etc.
People interactions really a big help by putting a social knowledge base in place to share ideas, answers and concerns.
Company and individuals have saved hours each week by providing more efficient access t shared information.
Its the most enjoyable moment during this table tennis break.
Specially if you really a big fan of tennis sport.
You always waits this moments like this is the only way that you can bit the score of your Boss..
Pros
it can include things like; exercising, brainstorming.
Cons
Extend your time
Worked all the time with no recognition or appreciation for doing managements job.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONJune 29, 2016
Typical night at work was 5-1130pm (usually), most nights at the very minimum 2 staff members would call in "sick", therefore leaving me to cover their shifts as well as go from 4 staff to 2. I learned that I can run a Tim Hortons on my own as management did absolutely nothing. My co-workers (if you can call them that) were between the ages of 15-18 for the majority and of course they have no idea what work ethic even is, so they would regularly not even show up with no consequences of course. The hardest part of my job was balancing doing everything to keep store running at the closest normal of pace possible. The most enjoyable part of the job was payday, and if I was lucky enough to get 1/7 days off, I got to catch up on sleep....all day.
Pros
Cons
Healthcode violations galore, think drinking mouldy ice caps if you will.
Great workplace environment
Team Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ONJune 7, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of a busy work load that was handled well and with ease. I learned a lot about customer service and the fast food industry. The management worked as hard as we did and did lots to help when we had questions about new products being delivered to the customers. They were always available and easy to talk to. My co-workers are great never had problems with them. They understood their jobs well and we all got along great to deliver the customer top service. The hardest part of this job was on very cold and hot days were either working on drive thru you were to cold to move anywhere or when it was too hot the exact same. The most enjoyable part of my job was that over the years I created so many friendships that I know will last forever because working so much together made us a strong team.
very high stress.
baker/cashier/drive-thru/stocking (Current Employee) –  London, ONJune 7, 2016
As a baker at, my tim hortons specifically, you receive very little help in respect to putting out product. My management became inconsiderate and very demanding of the baker and for the amount of stress and time i had put in there was never a premium for the baking position. All that said, i did become very proficient at my job as a baker and learned to cope with a lot of the stress. my time was managed down to the second between ovens and as a result, if the store was very busy, as it is on weekends, i would rarely have time for breaks, which are unpaid, through the shift. Being a part of a team and enjoying my co-workers really helps get through to the end of a day. For over a year I have felt unappreciated and I have seen the store wane in quality therefore I am ready for a change.
Fun work environment ONLY if coworkers are nice
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJuly 14, 2016
The pay is horrible for the amount of work you are expected to do, and it's nearly impossible to get a raise or advance your career here. The team members and management vary depending on the location but most locations are very rude. At my location the team members were alright and management was understanding at times, but not always. The company itself is horrible.
Environment is very stressful and expectations are ridiculous! You get paid minimum wage for a large and excessive amount of work and stress. The staff discount is horrible and they don't put a single ounce of trust in their employees, basically treating them like criminals.
Pros
Flexible work hours if you don't make anyone mad
Cons
The pay versus the expectations, anount of work
very busy and high stress
Delegate Staff members (Current Employee) –  Kapuskasing, ONJuly 14, 2016
Tim Horton's is a great place to work, with many great people. I enjoyed meeting all kinds of new people and learning new ways of making customers happy. I learned to work well with a large groups of people as well a independently. I learned to think quickly in order to adhere to customer complaints and or demands, and ensure that they are happy with the product they are being served. I have worked with many different people and I enjoyed training them and watching them grow. The hardest part of the job would be the constant fast pace in which we are required to work. This can be very hard on us as supervisors and managers because we need to effectively motivate our staff to get the order to our customers the way they want it. The mot enjoyable part of this job is making our customers day and giving them great product that keeps them smiling all day.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
scheduling
Fun workplace for developing interpersonal skills and self confidence
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCJuly 17, 2016
The crew are all fun to work with knowing that we are all coming from different culture and countries. It is also a good experience in developing interpersonal and language skills since the main role of being an employee is customer service. The management team are really hard working and firm when it comes in procedures and standard practices during the operations on a day-to-day basis as well as long term goals. The hardest part of the job is the first few weeks (on training) because everything that is being taught can be overwhelming and adapting to the culture at work is challenging.
The most enjoyable part of the job is at the end of the day, we see customers satisfied and happy about our service.
My enjoy working in Baker is great too.
Baker (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 20, 2016
My typical working during night shift from midnight to 8 am daily from Sunday to Thursday excepting weekend is day off.

I learned lots about of typical of making foods in the kitchen everyday.

My management to is control and responsible duties work everyday and make sure everything is ok and no problem.

My co-workers are great performance job and respect each other and great communication too.

My hardest part of the job is the Freezer's room with lots of boxes inside and outside everyday.

My most enjoyable part of the job is making donuts and muffins are great taste and excellent organization daily.
Pros
Quiet place at night shift work.
Cons
Too much ordering for paperwork before Tim Hortons's store open dailiy.
Its a good starting job and had pretty good experience.
team member (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BCJune 5, 2016
My typical days at work is good, sometimes not but for sure it happens all the time. I managed to adjust myself with all different types of people of different culture, of different raise. I learned to appreciate simple efforts, simple gestures of appreciation, stay positive and head's up although the situation is disappointing. I learned that valuing the cant's and cans of a person helps us grow in the most effective kind of manner. Management isn't understanding enough so it's not that worth of too much time and effort. Co-workers are a mix of good, better, best and worst which is usual. Hardest part is you are not that motivated because you don't feel like you were appreciated but on the brighter side, there are few who sees your worth.
A Great Company to Work for
Team Member (Former Employee) –  London, ONJune 6, 2016
Tim Hortons was an awesome job! Everyone was always happy, friendly and helpful!
The management always had a back up plan! they would always ry to accommodate anything to suit your request. If you requested some time off, they would do their best to give you what you needed.
The co workers were a great group of people! If you need help with anything, you could ask anyone and anyone would be happy to help you!
The hardest part of the job would be making coffee in the mornings. There are 6 or 7 coffee makers going at onces just for the drive thru!
The most enjoyable part of the job, was the smiles off the customers! You had your regulars who always came in to see you and to grab their coffee and chat with their friends. Tim Hortons overall was a great learning experience
Overall, this was an amazing first job. I learned a lot in several areas and gained many different skills.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ONJune 9, 2016
A typical day at work was very stressful and hectic. We always had line-ups out the door that would never end as well as several impatient customers because we were located right on the Falls. I learned so many skills like; patience, teamwork, leadership, independent work, etc..
I made several friends and everyone worked as a team. Their was no drama, it was like a family. The hardest part of the job was getting harassed by angry customers but their were also customers that made your day. I got to meet people from all over the world and got to learn more about different languages and cultures. Management had their good and bad days but overall, they cared about everyone individually. It was a great experience.
Pros
Gained experience, learned a lot of different skills, made friends, met different people, etc..
Cons
Angry customers
Working at Tim Hortons
Store Front (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJune 14, 2016
A typical day at Tim Hortons offers a friendly environment, great service, and merchandise. I believe the customers enjoy their requests and appreciate the service, that is why they keep coming back. The management at Tim Hortons is amazingly pleasant, organized, and provides so much positive feedbacks. The co-workers come from all over the world, and are usually very well at completing their tasks. The hardest part of the job is the stability of your position. You never know when there is shortage of work, because new people are constantly looking for a job. You might end up getting replaced by someone new by your manager. Overall, being a part of the crew at Tim Hortons is enjoyable in all aspects of it.
Pros
Employee's discount
Cons
Shortage of work
Respectful workplace and fun place to work
Food Counter Attendant (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, SKJune 2, 2016
Tim Hortons is a very busy establishment in Canada, as Canadians love their coffee and is very supportive of their own. Tim Hortons is popular in Canada, as a foreign worker we're asked most of the time to do overtime because of our hard work, dedication and we love to get busy so we can avoid homesickness.

The management is very professional and kind. They understand their foriegn workers on how hard it is to work outside our country. Most co- workers are Filipinos so I don't have a hard time getting to know them. I enjoy working in Canada, Nicest and polite people on earth. There are bad times with co-workers and customer but overall I enjoyed working in then most popular restaurant in Canada.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
far from my home country
Crazy Busy
Fast Food Chain Staff (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 24, 2016
A common day at Tim Hortons is usually a very busy with a very diverse customer because of this you learn to be patient and open to others wants and needs. I work for a great management team very personable and compassionate to each employee and there individual needs and struggles. There is a wonderful team of hard working ladies who come to work everyday and give 110%
The is not a really head part to this job its very routine for the most part and I would say for me the only issue I have is money pretty much everyone makes minimum wage and there hasn't been raises given to anyone that I know of an I have worked for this owner for many years and that would be one of the reasons I am looking for a different job or possibly another job. The cost if living continues to increase but wages do NOT.
Productive work environment to start off your day
Baker (Former Employee) –  New Minas, NSMay 21, 2016
A typical day at work was getting there around 8am, having a morning coffee, getting on the baking uniform, but around 9 or 10am it got seriously busy and sometimes it was hard keeping up with the shelves, but over all it was easy to get everything done, but feeling over run was the main concern for me, I would have been a lot happier with the job if there were more efficient standards

My co-workers were amazing people, they are what kept me happy and willing to get the job done, I loved my job, it was one of the best jobs I've had in a while, but near the end I just didn't see if being worth my time with my management of time and my own limits of energy, if you have a lot of energy in you, then this is the job for you.
Pros
Healthy working environment, friendly co-workers, Tips
Cons
Hectic work environment
fun and a very good learning experience everyday.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 19, 2016
A typical day at work is very productive and very busy. Always have long line ups and we manage to finish all of them in a span of a few minutes. It requires a very effective and efficient employee to do the job. You should know how to mult-task all the time to accomplish everything on time. I have learned a lot during this experience not only technically but also how you manage to do things all at the same time under pressure. The hardest part of this job is the manpower here in Canada people may come and go. You should always be ready on what's gonna happen each day, from our guests to co-worker and to the equipments we use. The most enjoyable part of the job is of course you were able to meet different kind of people everyday and you learn from them everyday as well.
Pros
fun working environment
Great Customers
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Thorold, ONJune 3, 2016
A typical day at Tim Horton's consisted of making drinks, dealing with customers and working with your team members. It wasn't always the best part of your day, but its a job and you need to make sure your always showing a smile and doing your job. I learned that its more than just making coffee, its a lot of work. My co-workers are great, always trying to up sale, and always staying positive no matter what. The hardest part of the job was definitely dealing with drive thru times. We would have to make sure we served the guest, positively and correctly within 25 seconds at the window. The most enjoyable part of the job was definitely working with all the employees. They are like my other family, and I wouldn't of been able to do it without them.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Long Hours
an efficient and supportive environment
Team member/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Westville, NSFebruary 27, 2016
A typical day at Tim Hortons for me started at 3;45 AM, Coming in a little early to turn on the ovens and get the soups started while I waited for my opening partner. As baker it was my responsibility to have all baked items out to the customer in a timely fashion. all product had to be out within a two hour time frame at which time I would hit the floor ready to serve customers through peak hours. Peak hours lasted from 6AM to 11AM , once peak was over i left the floor to make sure the restaurant was lunch ready. Lastly in my day after achieving lunch ready status i cleaned the kitchen insuring it was ready for the next baker coming in.
My time at Tim Hortons helped to further my time management skills as well as my leadership skills.Management was a helpful and integral part of my achieving higher levels of time management and leadership skills by providing a supportive and trusting environment for me and my co-workers.
Pros
paid breaks
Cons
early hours
Good Learning Experience
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Essex, ONMay 25, 2016
Tim Horton's was a great experience to have. It showed independent thinking and teamwork. The staff was especially welcoming and the costumers were unbelievable. Tim Horton's is very fast paced, and can be very difficult to get orders right and the lines down fast, with teamwork and great people we were able to make everyone happy. The hardest part of the job was the constant movement and commotion. The most enjoyable part of the job was making everyone smile, regular's coming in just to see you, it made their day and also your's. My co-workers were one of the many reason's I loved worked, being able to depend on them and having a great work day. I learned how to face many responsibilities at a young age, and I'am forever thankful for that opportunity.
Simplistic bliss
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONMay 22, 2016
- The job is simplistic in nature and easy to tell the progression system there (Team Member > Trainer > Supervisor > Manager)

- The 'line' consists of 5 major jobs: cash, coffee, drive thru, sandwich station, & runner. On slow days or when there's not a rush the jobs condense down to fit cash makes drinks there is no runner, but drive thru still keeps all its people to ensure that line moves quick.

- The team I was a part of was amazing, there was a way we just went through a line that I still miss overall very professional team and great communication

- my job was cash for the most part, I would ask customers their order offer an upsell of a donut or muffin, and offer suggestions to customers if they were unsure what to order.

- learned to make coffee at the fastest level and make all the sandwiches available. In the fast pace our store was in there was no time for error
Pros
great team, simplistic nature