Tim Hortons

Tim Hortons Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
productive wrokplace.
Cashier/Sales (Former Employee), Barrie, ONDecember 31, 2014
Tim Hortons is a very productive workplace but i have to admit it is not a very fun or enjoyable work place,
Fast pace environment
Store Front (Former Employee), Brantford, ONDecember 30, 2014
Pros: free food
Cons: extra shifts
The most enjoyable part of my job would be working with great people and serving and helping the public. The hardest part of the job was when I didn't know how to do a curtain task, so couldn't preform quickly. As soon as I learned, I got to enjoy the environment.
Enjoyable Job
barista (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCDecember 30, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: management issue
Although it was such an enjoyable job, I felt that I had to quit the job as I recently graduated from my University.

I really enjoyed the job, especially I had such amazing co-workers who are really friendly to me. Quitting this job was not easy for me and my co-workers.

I learned precious customer experience. Although it was simply serving the coffee, satisfying customers with a friendly smile and small talk has been a valuable experience to me.

Experienced co-workers have been having issues with the young manager who has been known by the customers with, for example, grumpy customer service. I took the chance of my quitting to talk to the manager about her issues, and hoping my ex-coworkers would see the difference in the future.
Good work environment& love the job
Storefront (Former Employee), Windsor, ONDecember 30, 2014
Pros: free cafes and meals on discounts for employees
It was a fun and easy job. I liked to serve the customer every single day and make them feel happy and smile at the beginning of their day with a cup of cafe.

Learned to work accurate and very fast in the same time.
My co-workers made me love my job and do the best of my ability to help them

I found it a little hard when I worked at midnight shifts, because I am a student.
very good place to work.
food counter attendant/ food server (Current Employee), Oliver, BCDecember 30, 2014
Pros: small cost for our food
Cons: not busy, too boring
Nice and fun workplace, enjoy meeting with different customers, i learned to be more friendly at this job. My co-workers are fun to be with too. the management was pretty good as well. The hardest part of the job is when its too busy and we are short staff. the most enjoyable part of my job is when its busy and when staff are complete.
Systems Analyst ERP and Hyperion Technical Lead
Systems Analyst ERP Integration Hyperion Lead (Former Employee), Oakville, ONDecember 29, 2014
Responsible for managing/implementation of ERP suite and integration with Oracle Hyperion applications.
Tim Horton's is like a Feudal Monarchy, your entire experience will be defined from the type of Manager you have.
Baker, Lobby, Cleaner (Former Employee), Port Perry, ONDecember 29, 2014
Pros: with a little experience baking almost does itself.
Cons: with bad management, you're in for a world of hurt.
Working here can be either very nice, or terrible, everything is decided upon by your store Manager; the people he/she hires, how he/she treats the staff.

I worked at Tim Horton's for slightly shy five years, as a Baker, and had a new Manager for almost each year. While every person has their flaws, some seemed to, through sheer incompetence destroy not only the working experience, but the profitability of the store itself. While others were a joy to work under, who talked and participated in the running of the store in an efficient and natural way.

Your experience will also be defined by those working beside you, if another person you work with is constantly calling in sick, that means you can expect to get a call asking you to work another shift every other night, expect to work everyday for weeks if this is the case. Again, this goes back to the Manager, and his/her hiring and firing habits.
Not a great enviroment
Baker (Former Employee), BramptonDecember 28, 2014
Pros: lunch discounts
Cons: extended hours.
I love everything about Tim Horton's except the employees at a specific store, the flexibility and the management team was very rude and unprofessional.
A typical day at work
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Pembroke, ONDecember 28, 2014
a typical day at work is usually always busy but when we do get a break from being busy we would stock product and clean up the restaurant.
Very busy
Customer Service (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONDecember 27, 2014
I learnt how to serve coffee and other products in a fast and proper way
fun place to work
Cashier/Customer service (Former Employee), yonge and eglinton, Toronto OntarioDecember 27, 2014
Pros: discounted lunch
Cons: long hours
working at Tim Hortons can be busy and stressful but over all fun especially when you meet people in the day who come in. developing raptors with regular costumers having them coming only to the cash where you are to get their order. my co-workers were over all nice except for that they all speak the same language and i was the only one there of another ethnicity so i felt weird sometimes as they spoke. the hardest part about this job is remembering everything in different areas of the store like how to exactly clean a machine. the most enjoyable was the experience just learning all this about a place you previously was on the other side of the counter i found it exciting.
good place to work
Front store clerk (Former Employee), North Sydney, NSDecember 26, 2014
nice place to work, fun, nice customers, hard work, short breaks, no lunch hour. Most co-workers were great, some weren't. enjoyed the customers and the social interaction. schedules were good. manager was excellent. food was ok.
Tim Hortons
Supervisor (Current Employee), TorontoDecember 23, 2014
Friendly environment.
Excellent Customer Service.
Outstanding communication skills
Fast Paced and full of surprises
Front counter attendent (Current Employee), Oshawa, ONDecember 22, 2014
Pros: free coffee and donuts during break periods. 50% discount on food during shifts
Cons: limited hours available for staff, fast paced work with little appreciation given for good work
Working at Tim Hortons is a fast pace job that can have its ups and downs. On one hand you get the opportunity to work with some great people, on the flip side often hard work can go unnoticed. I have had the guidance of some excellent managers and flourished, while working with supervisors who cannot keep up with my hard work ethic. Multitasking is a key component if you want to succeed in today's modern coffee shops
Love the atmosphere
Cashier (Former Employee), Prince Albert, SKDecember 22, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: doing dishes :)
Very much enjoyed my employment with Tim Hortons staff and servicing the customers were two of my greatest joys.loved working with the great owners and managers and supervisors and all staff in general. I would love to go back to working with the company in the future.
Favourite Place of Employment
Customer Service (Former Employee), Woodstock, ONDecember 22, 2014
The managers were very fun to work with and be around, and never showed inequality. typically I would spend my shift baking and/or making coffee while providing a fast, friendly and accurate customer service. I learned and enhanced problem solving skills as well as customer service.
very busy and productive place to work ; enjoyed working with the public
Store Front (Former Employee), Sault Ste. Marie, ONDecember 21, 2014
Pros: free drinks
Cons: shifts times always changed
very busy and productive place to work ; enjoyed working with the public
Fun Work place
Cashier (Former Employee), TorontoDecember 19, 2014
Busy workplace everyday, loved greeting customers as well as taking their orders
Best management team and franchisee
Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 19, 2014
That was first time experience working with so many foreign nationalities and very fast paced work place. Money wasn't that good but I learned so many things and improved my skills in so many ways.co-worker's ware so friendly and helpful and the franchisee are extraordinary, one of the best company I ever worked for.
Best place I have ever worked
Team Member (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 18, 2014
Pros: receive requested time off, flex schedules, 30% off food
Tim Hortons was the best place that I have ever worked because management was so hands on with employees as well as the owner would drop by and work on the floor with us!

A typical day would see me starting at 6am on the opening shift greeting all our guests(mainly hotel guests,consturction workers and the bay street boys) and I would end by 3pm.

Management was amazing and offerred me the job back if I am ever in the area!

About Tim Hortons

Tim Hortons Inc. is a Canadian fast casual restaurant known for its coffee and doughnuts. It is also Canada's largest fast food – Read more