Tim Hortons Employee Reviews

Full of life and new faces
Tim Hortons Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 October 2017
serving guests,detail oriented, up selling products, flexibility.
being a part of management, still improving everyday.
hardest part is being short staff on a crazy busy day.
most enjoyable part is serving guest and bringing smile to their face by remembering smallest details
Pros
get to know food industry in and out, lot of opportunity to learn
Cons
long hours of standing and sometimes extensive physical work
Good work environment
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON9 October 2017
I like my coworkers. It's a really chill place to work but there are 0 benefits. I only get a 50% discount if I'm on break. Otherwise, I'm paying full price, even after work.
good working atmosphere and can learn to effectively manage things quickly and efficiently.
store front (Current Employee) –  warden & huntingwood drive scarborough9 October 2017
a typical day at work.the work can have 4 to 8hrs shift.i learned how to deal with the customers and how to manage things.Workplace culture is good because we are working with people with different backgrounds & culture.the most enjoyable part is taking orders and serving the customers.
Pros
i get food and coffee for long hours of work.
Productive, fun and convenient
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON9 October 2017
Loved working for Tim Hortons and interacting with the customers. It’s a nice job if you are looking for flexible hours and good work incentives.
Also I liked all my co workers which made the work grind more easier.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Nothing at all
great job
Food Counter Attendant (Former Employee) –  Alberta8 October 2017
my typical day at work is busy i learned to be more patient and attentive in my job and guest.my manager is very competitive i think she motivates me to do my job very well,my workplace id great i got the chance to work with other nationalities and learn the different culture of other countries.hardest part of the job is when there are less customer we do not know what to do hahaha.most enjoyable part of that job is when ur customers appreciate your effort.
Pros
unlimited donut and coffee as long as ur not off
Cons
cant think about it
Very good team work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON8 October 2017
I had fun working at Tim Hortons. The team was great. I have learned a lot of things from people and how to deal with customers. The managers were great and friendly.
bad experience at tim hortons
Team Member (Former Employee) –  London, ON8 October 2017
the tim hortons i worked at had it own click and didn't like people trying to get in and treated us let we were outsiders.
the management told me i was to old to work there.The staff was to hard on their team members
Pros
nothing
Cons
only 2 fifteen minutes on a eight hour shift
Fun and flexible
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 October 2017
Really enjoyed working at Tim Hortons managers and supervisors are always fun and understanding. Great place to make new friends and grow as an individual
Fun place to work can be stressful
Restaurant Manager (Current Employee) –  Newcastle, ON7 October 2017
a great place to make friends, some customers are friendly

standing for 5-6 hours without a break,
not consistent with training,
you watch videos for 2 days and that's your training
Pros
free food, coworkers are friendly
Cons
standing in one place, disorganized
Productive busy workplace, however work and life was unbalanced.
Tim Hortons Team Member (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC7 October 2017
Managers were not understanding about other obligations, however all other aspects of the job were to be expected for a minimum wage entry level job. Might reccomend to a friend.
Pros
Free food, nice empoyees
Cons
Not understanding
Terrible job experience
Evening shift supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brossard, QC7 October 2017
The owner of the restaurant was terrible
The schedules were always messed up and very unclear
Sometimes they’d make you do overnights shift right after an evening shift because their evening person wouldn’t show up
Really bad work experience
Wouldn’t recommend it long term for anyone
Very energetic job
Team Member, Tim Hortons (Former Employee) –  Wetaskiwin, AB7 October 2017
Good, fast working job, fun people to work with, very good working environment, very skilled management, over all fun place to work when u have the time to work
Fast Paced, lots of interaction with customers
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON7 October 2017
Service must be extremely quick. Employee must be very patient and learn quickly. Everyone is always busy, training will not be ideal. There will be a lot of rush hours.
Okay but...
Barista/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Beaver Bank, NS7 October 2017
While the company itself is fine, be aware that you will be given 8 hour shifts Saturdays and Sundays and they do not like when you call in sick. Time off is hard to get.
Pros
free drink, High percentage of Tips
Cons
Over worked, Not many long term benefits
great
Tim Hortons (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON6 October 2017
just a great environment with wonderful owners and employees who make it easy to want to come into work, very friendly and understanding when having a diffucult time learning
Challenging and fast-paced work environment.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC6 October 2017
A typical day at work would be achieving daily speed of service goals while maintaining operation standards and running a productive shift.
I've learned how to handle unsatisfied guests, adapt to ever changing environment, and how to run a successful business while maintaining labor targets and scheduling/managing up to 30+ team members. Upper management was not fair. They did not treat us as equals and had double standards. They would never appreciate what you have done for the company but what you lack. I feel they should be giving constructive criticism and not demotivate us. Our workplace culture is a diverse setting. We get to learn about each other and make friendships that go beyond the workplace. The hardest part of the job was the 24 hour availability, which means having to manage sick calls from home, taking phone calls wherever I am. The most enjoyable part of the job would be working with my team. They are always smiling and bring out positive vibes.
Pros
Performance based bonuses, Environment, New Friends
Cons
24hour availability, upper managment
Baker/ Storefront
Baker/Storefront (Former Employee) –  London, ON6 October 2017
Defiantly enjoyed working with all the people i met at Tim Hortons. great job to get you started and also offers a scholarship program for their employees!
Fun place to work
Tim Hortons Team Member (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC6 October 2017
overall fun place lots of nice friendly staff members. Made lots of friends at the establishment, management is also very kind and accepting. Very well rounded place with good atmosphere.
the most enjoyable part of the job
cashier/coffee Maker/sandwich and soup bar (Former Employee) –  Leduc, AB6 October 2017
the most enjoyable part of the job was that i met new people and the people the i met was nice and so was the costumers and i was learning new things about the job
Pros
meet new people
Cons
the rush hours
Management was bad.
hand (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB6 October 2017
My Work Experienced at Tim Hortons was great. The Customers Loved me and I always worked hard and Accepted Extra Time when they needed me. Although, Management wasn't so good, They would go out of their mind to embarrasses you in front of a lot of people when you make one little mistake for at least 20 MINUTES then tell you they are not giving you heck. I'm sure the other locations are great but the one i worked at had that type of management.
Pros
Free food every now and then in the break room.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tim Hortons. Our community is ready to answer.