Tim Hortons Employee Reviews

Found 6,073 reviews matching the search
Fun and fast paced social work environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Quispamsis, NB9 January 2017
At Tim Horton's we had goals we needed to meet everyday, and if we weren't meeting them we wouldn't stop until we found a way. It was all about team work and everybody got along. We all knew there was a job that needed to be done even with no customers to serve. I loved the hours, I was working early mornings and had an 8-9 hour day in before 3pm. I loved coming into work and having unlimited coffee and tea and smiling all day long. I really do miss it there.
A Friendly Staff
Store Front (Former Employee) –  Dundalk, ON9 January 2017
Tim Horton's staff made for a great day at work. With all the hustle and bustle going on around you throughout the day, the staff made the busy times come with ease. With everyone so friendly and pleasant it made for a great day at work.
I enjoyed working at TimHorton because I learned a lot to use in my future life.
Baker/Cashier,FCA (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK8 January 2017
My typical day at work is baking and decorating the bread to display in showcase. Im also worked as sandwhich maker,front cashier, drive-thru, and order taking. I also learned how to be responsible to my job to do my duties and responsiblities, working as a team to co-worker, helping each other. I also learned how to respect the culture every nationalities of my co-worker. I enjoyed working at TimHorton because I learned a lot like making different kind of food and having a new friends at work.
Fun and fast team work environment
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Merritt, BC8 January 2017
I enjoyed working with management and fellow employees, the work environment was always fast paced, exciting, good quality team work, and management was always on top of everything. Most of all, I really enjoyed meeting all the customers that came into the store and got exactly what they asked for, all the customers always had a very good experience coming in to order or ordering from drive thru, the quality and speed of team members was always outstanding. I hope to work with another Tim Horton's crew in the near future.
Pros
Free lunches and coffee
Fast Paced !
Tim Hortons Team Member (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 January 2017
A typical day at work was chaotic but I loved it. There were crazy busy times where I couldnt take a breath to relax and then when people arent lined up out the door I am cleaning or taking out the garbage and doing other duties to maintain the store. There are so many jobs and as a floater, I got to basically do all of them. Cooking, cleaning, front counter, drive thru, preparing drinks and restocking shelves.
Pros
learning customer service, meeting new people.
Cons
disorganized, tough to keep a constant flow of hours
A fun working envirolment
Baker/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Alberta8 January 2017
You should think and work fast in this kind of job. Since there a lot of TFW a have a little chance to have permanent residency.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Has minimal chance to have permanent residency
busy and fast pass environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 January 2017
Typical day at Tim Hortons is starts at 6am. The busiest time is the morning, continuous team work is required in order to meet the target times from head office. I have learned how to work under pressure and that there is always a way to make the customer happy. The management was okay, it would have been nice to see the owner drop in more then once a month. The hardest part about the job was adjusting to different personalities, including customers. The job it self is very repetitive but having a relationship with the customers makes the job enjoyable.
not friendly owner (lady)
Manager on Duty (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 January 2017
this is a biased place to work onto the general manager is a monster. they don't pay overtime to anyone they don't even issue health insurance to their employees.
Pros
free donut
Cons
no overtime pay and health insurance
Best place to work for
Cashier and Cook (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 January 2017
Was a kitchen incharge
Was blessed to get this job
Everyone there was a part of family
Friendly environment
Had fun working there
Wish i could cook again at tim hortons
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Busy hours
Good starting job
Drive-Thru/Cashier/Baker (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 January 2017
In a place like Tim Hortons it really depends on your co-workers and management to how you enjoy your job, I was mostly lucky with this and for the most part really enjoyed my job, I made lasting friendships and gained tons of experience doing a variety of things.

Its the typical stand on your feet for 8 hours type of job, lots of moving, can be a lot of pressure to meet expectations.
Pros
Generally Nice people
Cons
Food services, so working lots of holidays especially when new
fast paced
Storefront Cashier (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, ON7 January 2017
Working at Tim Hortons was a great experience. I love the fast paced workplace. My favorite part of the job were the customers. I loved the at home feeling.
ok place to work
Tim Hortons Team Member (Current Employee) –  Penticton, BC6 January 2017
not very professional, some rude co-workers, somewhat productive, owner is amazing and is very involved. very repetitive and boring at times. everyday is the same thing but you do get to know the customers and you build relationships with them.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
some of the rude co-workers
Fast past learning environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Truro, NS6 January 2017
Typical day was fast past, continuous team work and everyone around supporting one another. Very competitive vibes but was made as fun as possible. Management was excellent, owner often popped in to check on the store and make sure we had what needed. hardest part of the job was being new and making adjustments.
Pros
Easy to pick up shifts
Cons
Long hours - sometimes double shifts
Productive day working around food and coffee
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB6 January 2017
My typical day working at Tim Hortons is working 8 to 9 hour days. Taking orders and making coffee. Clean the lobby and doing dishes and cleaning washroom. I learned how to make a proper cup of coffee and also how to work in a fast pace environment. Management understands there employees needs. My co-workers are fun and easy to be around and will help you if you need it. The hardest part of my job is understanding most of the customers. The most enjoyable part of my job is talking to the customers and getting complements.
good first job
Cash and Food management (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC6 January 2017
First job. great way to get in the job force. Worked behind the till serving coffee. i enjoyed the fact that i worked in a mall so it was always busy.
Cons
repetitive, time crawls
Good company.
TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Ridgeway, ON6 January 2017
Overall tim hortons is good, but not for a person with no experience. It is good for learning how to multi task and work as a team. As well as doing drive through.
Good workplace for Students.
CUSTOMER SERVICE / CASHIER (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 January 2017
This place is a good place to work for Students due to the fact there's no full-time positions and you can make your own hours to work or when it's convenient to you.
About Tim horton's
Store front (Team member) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 January 2017
Some customers are so crazy. Sometime they fight without reason.
I learns some management skills and taking responsibility.

- Management people are some time crazy because they have big responsibility.

-Most enjoyable part of job is busy hours.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
less salary
tim horton
cashier and front counter (Former Employee) –  Orleans, ON6 January 2017
Co-workes where great to work with. excellent place to work at, and getting to the customer by name. management was great they where always up front to help when the store became very bus. management always moved you around so you got to learn alot like the drive threw, the baking area, and the front counter..
Fun, fast paced.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 January 2017
Good place to work. Variety of shifts available. Great place for multiculturalism, you can learn about other cultures traditions. The staff was amazing. Great team spirit.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Rate of pay