Tim Hortons
3,706 reviews

Tim Hortons Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive workplace and the best environment to work in
Trainer and customer service representative (Current Employee), Brampton, OnJune 1, 2015
Pros: Order lunch upon request and birthday celebration
Cons: When customers yell and look down at employes
I have the best boss and co-workers ever, they are very fun to work with and extremely friendly. I learned to handle work pressure and work with it all day long. As well as handling angry customers through out the day. The management team are the best team, they try to make the work environment stress free and provide rewards for the hard work done by the team member.
productive and fun
Trainer (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 1, 2015
Dealing with guests are fun and mostly unpredictable. Meeting new people everyday is always a point of interest to me. Creating special doughnuts for the guest is always fun specially when I see their reactions.
ok place if you want a job while your a kid
SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Kemptville, ONJune 1, 2015
Pros: free lunches for supervisors
Cons: long hours
Although I worked there for many years it was at times the best job ever and the worst job ever. Great staff, not family oriented, hard long hours but some really great people I worked with
I liked it
Baker/Cashier (Former Employee), Enfield, NSJune 1, 2015
Pros: tips
Cons: to far to travel
Tim Hortons was a good place to work because they are a fast paced environment , the management was easy to deal with and fun to work for . I got to meet a lot of new people while I worked there of all origins .
Fast Pace
Cashier/Maintenance/Drive-Thru (Former Employee), Weston & SheppardMay 31, 2015
Pros: fast pace
Cons: breaks
Working at Tim Horton's taught me how to pick up my speed in a working environment and how to multitask. It also taught me how to work well under pressure and the staff were fun to work with.
Perfect student job
Customer Service (Former Employee), Dorval, QCMay 31, 2015
Typical day at Tim Hortons involved serving and fulfilling customers orders. I have learned the basic necessities in working in a fast food environment.
Teaches responsibility and very fun work environment
Cashier (Former Employee), Laval, QCMay 31, 2015
Pros: Making friends and always busy
Cons: Long days
Coffees always have to be made every 20 minutes especially at rush hour, the machines always have to be cleaned and changed.
Tim hortons really teaches you about responsibility and commitment
it teaches you about real world, like being on time and listening to orders.
Tim hortons has amazing staff, always happy to be at work.
The hardest part is changing the machines
Seeing new faces and new co-workers
the place where your pay is always cut
Store front (Former Employee), montreal, qcMay 31, 2015
Cons: Make you work extended time than your schedule and not being paid for it.
it was just time waste. you never get paid for extra hours that you work. your hard work is never appreciated. enforce you to use your personal vehicle for the restaurant at no compensation, no fuel reimbursement just Awful to work...!
Tim Hortons Review
Store Front/ Baker (Former Employee), ontarioMay 30, 2015
Tim Hortons was fine until they didn't balance life with work anymore and started rejecting you for days off. My typical day at work was pretty normal, mostly prep and cleaning. My co-workers were pretty good to work with, but some just wanted to get a pay check and leave. There really wasn't a hard part to the job, just having good time management.
The management could have been better and more understanding...
Busy but productive workplace.
CASHIER (Current Employee), Fleetwood, BCMay 29, 2015
Pros: Free coffee?
Cons: Stress, sometimes lazy coworkers
A typical day at work is more often the same on most days. Pour coffee, working cash, soup, and serve food the whole day. I've learned how to multitask efficiently and prioritize what needs to be done first. Management is alright, it can be a bit stressful when being closely supervised during busy times. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the large volume of customers each day. It really takes a toll on the employee mentally. However the most enjoyable part of the job is helping the elderly bring their food to a table of their liking and being able to develop a small relationship with regular customers.
Fast Paced job
Team Member (Current Employee), Cambridge, ONMay 28, 2015
Pros: free breakfast
Cons: no breaks untill 6 hours.
We work as a team to make sure every guest gets the service they deserve. We also work in a faced paced environment to make sure our drive through times are met of 20 seconds per car
n/a
SHIFT MANAGER (Current Employee), londonMay 28, 2015
Tim Hortons is a fine place to work but it's not really a place to build a career or stay long term. There are lots of great employees and friendly staff and the service is usually fast and accurate.
n/a
Storefront Cashier (Former Employee), whitbyMay 28, 2015
Management was terrible. They had to leadership skills. expect you do everything and anything - one thing i learnt from it is patience
Great place to work if you like interacting with a lot of different people or forming a platonic employee/customer relationship.
Storefront Team Member (Current Employee), Richmond Hill, ONMay 27, 2015
Pros: Free food items when working.
Cons: Non-negotiable hours
I like working at Tim Horton's, it a great place to work and I absolutely love it! When you step into the work area you're immediately on your feet taking/making orders. Since Tim Horton's is so popular it's really busy. I learned a lot about coffee, how the food is prepared and made, and how to treat people. My co workers are all really friendly and I always feel welcome to work with them and they make working with them for long hours totally worth it. The hardest part of the job is being able to maintain speed and efficiency. Overtime you get better but since I'm still fairly new, I'm still getting used to it. But that is just a skill that I have been greatly improving on! The most enjoyable part is just talking to customers, and making their orders and just having fun while working, and that's the great part about working at Tim Horton's; you have fun!
Busy
Customer Service (Current Employee), Wingham, OntarioMay 27, 2015
Cons: Not guaranteed hours, hours were all over the place
This wasn't a too bad of a place to work. Downside was that your hours were all over the place, one week you got lot's of hours, next week you only work on the weekend. One big thing you learn about working here was interacting with people you didn't know.
Productive workplace with great coworkers
BAKER (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBMay 27, 2015
Cons: Exhausting
Working here is a great entrance into the customer service field. However it drains you emotionally, mentally, and physically. It is very physically demanding, high pace, and high stress. Working with the majority of the coworkers I did was the best part of it.
Fun workplace
Front Liner (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 27, 2015
Pros: free foods
The first thing I learn here is how to have a strong team work for us to make our work easier. I have fun learning and making a coffee/cold drinks and making sandwiches. I also learned here how to communicate properly with customer.
productive
Full time cashier (Former Employee), Ponoka, ABMay 26, 2015
Pros: free coffee and doughnuts
Cons: never a steady rotation
From the moment you clock in, it go go go. time flies by fast when you work a fast pace job like this one. It can get a little stressful at times but with good team work and communications it can be a breeze.
It was always a prodictive day.
store front (Former Employee), ottawaMay 26, 2015
Pros: discount for lunches.
Cons: Good hours
- starting at 5 am and finished at 1 pm.learning to be patient with what the day may bring,we got all got along as a team,the owners are good people to work with.i enjoyed the time i spent there.
great place to work if you can handle fast paced
storefront (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONMay 26, 2015
Pros: free food and TIPS!!!
Cons: managment is non sympathetic and plays favorites
it was fun, I had full time hours, loved my co workers, but my manager treated me very unfairly when encountering me after a problem she had with me.

About Tim Hortons

Tim Hortons Inc. is a Canadian fast casual restaurant known for its coffee and doughnuts. It is also Canada's largest fast food – Read more