Tim Hortons Employee Reviews

Found 5,441 reviews matching the search
Chaotic from mid morning to 2 pm but fun at the same time
Tim Hortons Team Member (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 23, 2016
Typical day at work consist of fun or bad days. You may start of your day smoothly or early in the morning, bad luck just wants to play with you. However, I managed to acquire the skill on a fast paced environment. Also, the management is great but some of my co-workers show examples that are not ideal to a costumer. For me, the toughest job is during washroom duty, especially when individuals are inconsiderate of other people. Some scatters toilet papers on the floor, unflushed toilets, and overflowing/clog urinal. In addition, it's hard to clean the washroom area whenever there is someone's dirt because there is no masks, it is very difficult to go inside and inhale.
The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing people happy because you served them according to their wishes. It feels like you're their food guru.
Pros
Free coffees and snacks
Cons
Some of your co-workers or costumers bringing bad vibes
Working at Tim Hortons
Store Front (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJune 14, 2016
A typical day at Tim Hortons offers a friendly environment, great service, and merchandise. I believe the customers enjoy their requests and appreciate the service, that is why they keep coming back. The management at Tim Hortons is amazingly pleasant, organized, and provides so much positive feedbacks. The co-workers come from all over the world, and are usually very well at completing their tasks. The hardest part of the job is the stability of your position. You never know when there is shortage of work, because new people are constantly looking for a job. You might end up getting replaced by someone new by your manager. Overall, being a part of the crew at Tim Hortons is enjoyable in all aspects of it.
Pros
Employee's discount
Cons
Shortage of work
fun, enclusive work environment
Midnight Cashier, Baker (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONJuly 26, 2016
great team work environment. managers always found new ways to motivate employees and help them enjoy their work.
i worked the continental midnight shift, i would work four nights from 10pm to 8am and then have four days off. this was a great way to get lot of hour while still having lots of time off for yourself. despite the 10 hour shifts there was always something to do, a cleaning task, stocking or preparing doughnuts and pastries when they ran low making a shift go by very quickly and enjoyably.
Pros
lots of hours in a short period of time
Cons
eventually the long shifts begin to take a toll on your body and sleep schedule
Low salary, extremely draining job, stressfull BUT awesome team!
Customer and bakery service (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONNovember 9, 2015
Low salary, extremely draining job, stressfull BUT awesome team! You simply have no second to breath and if you plan to buy house, build a family, look somewhere else... Only for students or peoples that don't have any other choice...
Pros
TEAM, for students or peoples that don't have any other choice...
Cons
Everything else
Fast pace and really hands on
Tim Hortons Team Member (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJuly 12, 2016
Every shift is like a constant rush hour, non-stop, fast pace, but enjoyable. My co-workers are like family, they make the shift enjoyable. I've learned a lot from my co-workers, not only skills for the job at Tim Horton, but also skills for life in general.
Having a strong sense of time management is extremely important, because not only do we have to serve our guest and maintain cleanliness in our restaurant but we also have secondary task to complete before the shift ends. The hardest part of this job would be keeping up with our drive thru times and making sure our customers have a 100% satisfaction when they enter and leave the restaurant.
Great workplace environment
Team Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ONJune 7, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of a busy work load that was handled well and with ease. I learned a lot about customer service and the fast food industry. The management worked as hard as we did and did lots to help when we had questions about new products being delivered to the customers. They were always available and easy to talk to. My co-workers are great never had problems with them. They understood their jobs well and we all got along great to deliver the customer top service. The hardest part of this job was on very cold and hot days were either working on drive thru you were to cold to move anywhere or when it was too hot the exact same. The most enjoyable part of my job was that over the years I created so many friendships that I know will last forever because working so much together made us a strong team.
A very flexible job
Kitchen Staff (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ONJuly 22, 2016
There are usually 3 work shifts at Tim Horton's. During my training days, i was given the opportunity to work all three shifts in order for my managers to figure out where i fit in best. I was trained as a baker and as a team member at the same time, and I was informed that i am doing excellent at both. I find baking particularly fun and exciting so I chose to work as a baker full time. There are up's and downs when it comes to co-workers, but it can't all be sun shines and rainbows, but i am still able to communicate and get the job done no matter the situation. The hardest part of being a baker for me, would be the balance between supply, demand and product making during peak hours, and the time management of our 2 ovens when making the products, but being able to see all the smiling faces of the customers who enjoys the products that me and my team provides makes all the hard work worth it, gives me more than enough motivation to improve my self more.
Pros
Always a challenging day.
Cons
Pay could be a little bit low for the work demand.
Steady job with good co-workers.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Port Hope, ONJuly 25, 2016
I have been working at Tim Hortons for 4 years and have just recently been promoted to a management position. The people that I work with have a mutual respect for me, and we run a very productive, fun shift. I have learned a tremendous amount about customer service during my time here that I will forever hold as a very important lesson. The most enjoyable part of my job is when I get to see the look on a customers face when they arrive at the counter to their order already completed because I have it memorized. It makes them feel special and appreciated.
Pros
Making new relationships with customers/co-workers.
Cons
Not the best salary.
quick and efficient workplace, with energetic cultered people.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  1063 Mckenzie Lake Blvd, Calgary. ABJuly 30, 2015
Tim Hortons consists of quick and hard working individuals who are determined to get the job done. every day many challenges were faced due to mistakes, messes and running low on time, but as valuable team members it was our duty to fix and go. i learned to become a more independent, enthusiastic and more reliable. i was dedicated and committed to my work and those around me.i enjoyed working with my co-workers , they were happy people and i was involved in making a team. although a team can be strong we can run into many difficulties. i believe that getting everything prepared in under the limited amount of time was the most stressful and difficult part of the job. overall Tim Hortons was a great experience of a beginning job for many people, excellent maemanagement, team building, and i had learned a lot along the way.
Pros
reliable co-workers and the ability to make a costumer happy
Cons
low salary and inconstant hours
very high stress.
baker/cashier/drive-thru/stocking (Current Employee) –  London, ONJune 7, 2016
As a baker at, my tim hortons specifically, you receive very little help in respect to putting out product. My management became inconsiderate and very demanding of the baker and for the amount of stress and time i had put in there was never a premium for the baking position. All that said, i did become very proficient at my job as a baker and learned to cope with a lot of the stress. my time was managed down to the second between ovens and as a result, if the store was very busy, as it is on weekends, i would rarely have time for breaks, which are unpaid, through the shift. Being a part of a team and enjoying my co-workers really helps get through to the end of a day. For over a year I have felt unappreciated and I have seen the store wane in quality therefore I am ready for a change.
Overall, this was an amazing first job. I learned a lot in several areas and gained many different skills.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ONJune 9, 2016
A typical day at work was very stressful and hectic. We always had line-ups out the door that would never end as well as several impatient customers because we were located right on the Falls. I learned so many skills like; patience, teamwork, leadership, independent work, etc..
I made several friends and everyone worked as a team. Their was no drama, it was like a family. The hardest part of the job was getting harassed by angry customers but their were also customers that made your day. I got to meet people from all over the world and got to learn more about different languages and cultures. Management had their good and bad days but overall, they cared about everyone individually. It was a great experience.
Pros
Gained experience, learned a lot of different skills, made friends, met different people, etc..
Cons
Angry customers
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONAugust 15, 2016
I usually have fun working in this place. Time passes by fast because it is very hectic and a lot of fun. The hardest part of the job are the customers that are giving you a hard time. The most enjoyable part of the job is to be able to work with your co workers. The managers are fun to work with as well. Everything I learned about good work ethic, patience and even simple things like giving smiles that could give someone a great day came from this workplace.
Pros
Fun workplace
Cons
Horrible customers, sometimes can be too hectic with not enough staff, horrible experience when the owner is around, bad for your knees.
fun and fast pace
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Grand Bay, NBJune 23, 2016
Customers always come first. I would like to keep busy in between serving and perparing food. Cleaning is a big thing for me and i liked to keep everything as clean as i could. Some days were busier then others but it was still pretty busy, you never stop going. You did have your bad days when everyone seemed to be at your back or customers being very difficult but i always tried my best to make everyones life easier and make the public happy. There will always be that one costumer or that one co-worker. But at the end of the day i always went home happy knowing i served the people what they wanted and did it was a big smile. i love my job.
Pros
people you meet and the friends you will make
Cons
difficult costumers
A Great Company to Work for
Team Member (Former Employee) –  London, ONJune 6, 2016
Tim Hortons was an awesome job! Everyone was always happy, friendly and helpful!
The management always had a back up plan! they would always ry to accommodate anything to suit your request. If you requested some time off, they would do their best to give you what you needed.
The co workers were a great group of people! If you need help with anything, you could ask anyone and anyone would be happy to help you!
The hardest part of the job would be making coffee in the mornings. There are 6 or 7 coffee makers going at onces just for the drive thru!
The most enjoyable part of the job, was the smiles off the customers! You had your regulars who always came in to see you and to grab their coffee and chat with their friends. Tim Hortons overall was a great learning experience
Easy work, poor management
Team member (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ONJanuary 23, 2016
I worked as a part time student, mostly just weekends. The typical shift was 8 hours long, either from 6am-2pm or from 2pm-10pm. It was a pretty easy job, and you catch on pretty quickly. However, it is VERY fast paced, and not a good job for anyone with anxiety disorders or someone who panics easy.

I worked here for about a year and a half, and met some really amazing people. The other students I worked with on weekends were awesome, however the "day ladies" (Mon-Fri morning workers) were rude and condescending.

You get paid minimum wage, which was fine for me. However, the management was horrible. The store owner was very biased and picked favourites. If you called in sick, the management/supervisors would talk badly about you to other employees, which made the work environment very uncomfortable sometimes.

All in all, this was a pretty easy first job, and taught me many things, including great customer service skills, which I have carried over to my current job at Sport Chek.
Pros
discounts on food, free coffee, student coworkers are great
Cons
poor management, day ladies are rude, long hours
Its a good starting job and had pretty good experience.
team member (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BCJune 5, 2016
My typical days at work is good, sometimes not but for sure it happens all the time. I managed to adjust myself with all different types of people of different culture, of different raise. I learned to appreciate simple efforts, simple gestures of appreciation, stay positive and head's up although the situation is disappointing. I learned that valuing the cant's and cans of a person helps us grow in the most effective kind of manner. Management isn't understanding enough so it's not that worth of too much time and effort. Co-workers are a mix of good, better, best and worst which is usual. Hardest part is you are not that motivated because you don't feel like you were appreciated but on the brighter side, there are few who sees your worth.
Adaptable environment, and welcoming
Tim Hortons Team Member (Former Employee) –  Welland, ONSeptember 20, 2016
I worked here for a couple months, dealt with customers, handled their orders, did chores. I learned more skills about myself, as well as how to use a cash register. The management wasn't always the greatest. My coworkers were understanding but would bring drama into the work place. The hardest part about my job was accepting judgment if I happen to get an order wrong, and the most enjoyable about working at Tim Hortons would have to be the friendly daily customers.
Pros
A free coffee a day, understanding, tips were good.
Cons
Was listed as a part time worker, but was working full time hours
Friendly environment
Store Front Attendant (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ONAugust 22, 2016
A typical day involves serving customers which includes taking orders, preparing and serving their needs and helping them with their grievances(if any).

This is the first job of my life, so i have learnt a lot from this already. It has made me even more punctual. I know how to work in a team since team work helps you to achieve anything you want. It has taught me how to take care of the customer's needs and wants. Being quick in a fast paced environment is a key factor to survive and i have embodied that very well. The most enjoyable part is that you work with a diverse group of individuals. Everyone is from a different part of the world which makes learning and working interesting everyday. The hardest part would be dealing with impatient people but keeping your cool and still helping them with a smile on your face, everytime.

I joined this job as soon as I migrated to this country and this job has played a big role in making me feel comfortable and used to the life in this country.
Pros
Discount on food, friendly management
Cons
No fixed hours
Fast paced environment was enjoyable
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Orangeville, ONApril 4, 2016
The faced paced environment of Tim Horton's made working a fun experience, and long shifts would fly by. I learned how to be a courteous and welcoming service worker while still working efficiently and accurately. These were very important skills to master as customers often don't have much patience for a wrong order. I was working there part time as I was a student in high school and often I would be booked for shifts that ended past midnight. I spoke to management but did not see results for quite some time. Overall it was an excellent learning experience and I feel prepared to take on any job after working at Tim Horton's.
Respectful workplace and fun place to work
Food Counter Attendant (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, SKJune 2, 2016
Tim Hortons is a very busy establishment in Canada, as Canadians love their coffee and is very supportive of their own. Tim Hortons is popular in Canada, as a foreign worker we're asked most of the time to do overtime because of our hard work, dedication and we love to get busy so we can avoid homesickness.

The management is very professional and kind. They understand their foriegn workers on how hard it is to work outside our country. Most co- workers are Filipinos so I don't have a hard time getting to know them. I enjoy working in Canada, Nicest and polite people on earth. There are bad times with co-workers and customer but overall I enjoyed working in then most popular restaurant in Canada.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
far from my home country