Tim Hortons Employee Reviews

Found 5,822 reviews matching the search
just an employee
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Geneva St.21 November 2016
The tummies i worked at was not a good environment to work in only the customers made it fun no benefits no company events and the owners did not give raises at all.
Productive workplace that allows for balance between school and work
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 November 2016
Working at Tim's Hortons allowed me to interact with customers and gain social skills, while also learning how to work in fast-paced environments. My co-workers are friendly and always are able to lend a helping hand if need be.
Pros
Easy going environment
Cons
Not enough hours
great team
Tim Hortons Team Member (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON21 November 2016
working at tim hortons was a wonderful hands on experience, i've learned lots of new skills i've never knew before,staff was execellent. Hard thing about the job was trying to keep up with everyone right away
Pros
breaks were reasonable
productive and fun
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON20 November 2016
providing food services
learned to handle customers during rush hour time
Hardest part was to manage a consistent work schedule
Co-workers were fun to work with
fun workplace
Store Front (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON18 November 2016
people are nice to work with and I like the management team!
a typical day at work would be busy, from 6am to 11am. ive learned that working at tim horton i gained some confident, and grew some personal health. the management at tim hortons is good. i love getting along with my co-workers, its always fun and nothing to worry about when im with them, they made my job fun. the hardest part of the job is multitasking when its busy, because were so rushed and hurried that i couldnt think straight on doing orders. the most enjoyable part of the job is satisfying our costumers with there coffee, bake goods, sandwiches, and soups, every body leaves happy at tim hortons.
It was a decent place to work at and gain skill from as a first job.
CASHIER / DRIVE (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON18 November 2016
In short, Tim Hortons was a swell place to work at, I did enjoy greeting and serving the guests their food and beverages as they came. The management was a little bias as more than 50% of the employees were family.
Pros
Free donuts, timbits and classic drinks, during and 15 minutes before&after my shift. Another pro was the 20% discount.
positive nature at work with co-employees. store is always busy which is a good thing making the work more productive.
Food Counter Attendant (Former Employee) –  Red Lake, ON18 November 2016
It was always busy especially during weekends. I've learn how to deal with major adjustment with the weather and culture. The management thought me a lot on how to handle problems with customers, also how to multitask during busy hours. my co-workers were considerate when it comes to being professional. The hardest part was working with a few people. I most enjoyed being with team because it felt like we are a family.
Fun work place
Tim Hortons sandwich bar (Former Employee) –  Canmore, AB18 November 2016
Easy job to work at.
Don't really like the smell of coffee that much..
Good working employees n a clean work place and organized. The hardest was keeping and knowing all drinks.
Didn't learn much at work.
Pros
10% off
Cons
Fast pace and organized work place
Team member
Team Member/Baker (Former Employee) –  London, ON17 November 2016
I enjoyed my time working there. The co workers really made me love being there. I loved helping all the customers! I took lots of pride in making sure every customer walked out happy and satisfied woth their service.
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON17 November 2016
I learned how to make coffee and make sandwiches and communicate to other. My other co-workers is not good for us but it's okay. The hardest part of the job is if there's a customer who's going to complain and it's hard for them to understand our side.
Pros
Free foods if its your break
Cons
Friendly and encouraging peers.
Kitchen Assistant/ prep cook (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC17 November 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job for me at Tim Hortons was the atmosphere that my employer and peers had set, it was an experience that I had learned much from.
Tim Hortons Team Member (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON16 November 2016
Tim Hortons really is a good first job, it provided me with lots of skills I need in life and to bring along to other work places. The staff is amazing and we work great as a team! It's very important to like who you work with and make your work fun! Every now and then there is a contest where we could earn an incentive that motivated us to work harder and better
fast paste and fun.
Team Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 November 2016
a typical day at work would be busy, from 6am to 11am. ive learned that working at tim horton i gained some confident, and grew some personal health. the management at tim hortons is good. i love getting along with my co-workers, its always fun and nothing to worry about when im with them, they made my job fun. the hardest part of the job is multitasking when its busy, because were so rushed and hurried that i couldnt think straight on doing orders. the most enjoyable part of the job is satisfying our costumers with there coffee, bake goods, sandwiches, and soups, every body leaves happy at time hortons.
fast pace good people
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Nova Scotia16 November 2016
fast paced enviroment working with fun people satisfying customers with their orders enjoyed making customers happy learned in and outs of company
Horrible Managment
Baker/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON16 November 2016
Only women working, few hours, bad managment. Job was pretty easy, but too much drama to deal with, im there to do my job, not deal with bs
Just a job
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON16 November 2016
This isn't a job for those seeking to grow within a company or to make a career out of it. It's great for students or for those without post secondary education.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Everything else
chaotic management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON16 November 2016
i enjoyed working midnights at tims because i got to work independently and the daytime was extremely chaotic with very little direction. learned to work quickly and efficiently while providing high quality work and ensuring the morning staff would be ready to go.
benefits
Cons
not the best management
It is a fun place to work at if you are willing to learn ..
Tim Hortons Team Member (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 November 2016
It is an easy job once you know how to manage your time and stay focused and work .. I learned a lot of time management and hoe To control myself during stressful times and just focus on bringing out the order correctly .. Once u get used to this routine, you will love working at tim hortons
Pros
Fun workplace
Cons
Stressful
Great for what it is
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 November 2016
Most Tim Hortons are franchise owned so experiences may differ.

Personally I loved it, not very challenging typical fast food position. Only negative was the low wages
Pros
Relatively easy
Cons
Wages
Fun Place work
Accounts Payable Analyst (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON15 November 2016
Great co-workers. People are compensated well for their time and they are treated as valuable member of the organization.