Tim Hortons Employee Reviews

Found 6,570 reviews matching the search
Not an easy workplace
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  London, ON13 March 2017
Busy work place.
Not all team members work as hard as others.
Management is fair.
Like our regular customers.
Not all employees are treated equally.
Like working with public.
Pros
Drink coffee, free food
Cons
Long hours, Not enough employees
worked at a new store, easy when staffed, but often low staffed
Team Member (Former Employee) –  King City, ON13 March 2017
the tims I worked at had a lot of issues when starting out and was very slow and also very understaffed and undermanaged. Eventually, it started to work out the kinks, and when fully staffed it was very easy and tolerable to work there, but when understaffed due to employees not showing up mostly, it was much more stressful.
Pros
gain customer service experience
Cons
standing for almost 8 hours straight
fun work place
Food Counter Attendant (Former Employee) –  Alcona, ON13 March 2017
I really enjoyed working for Tim Hortons ,I needed to work midnights and it was a lot of work but i did enjoy it ,The morning Ladies were a great part to work with,our mangers team was awesome .really enjoyed my time there ,,sorry i had to move out of town do to family matters.
Alright starting job
cashier (Former Employee) –  Beamsville, ON13 March 2017
good job to start at. but I wasn't respected as a beginner. I heard people laughing at me, talking about me when I did something wrong. Of course that was just that location, but another should be different.
Great
Supervisor/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON13 March 2017
It is a great place to work at really. Once you get to know the people you work with and you get along, the shifts can fly right by for the amount of fun you can have. Owners and management are always good to get to know as well.
Friendly people, but many problems
Team Member/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC12 March 2017
Overall, working at Tim Horton's is as expected for a first part-time job in the fast food industry. The pay is good, there are decent benefits, and many of the coworkers and customers are friendly people. However, I have encountered many problems in my (almost) two years of working there. First, the break room is cramped and almost always cluttered with unnecessary items, such as dirty dishes. There isn't much room to sit and enjoy your break when there are other people trying to do the same and people starting and ending their shift. Second, there have been many times where I have booked off certain days and have been given the okay, only to find out that I have been scheduled for those days. There are other problems, of course, but at the moment those are the most pertinent.
Pros
free coffee and baked goods, good hours
Cons
messy and small break room, scheduling errors, management
good enviornment and interesting and loving experience with people at the main front
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK12 March 2017
i worked ther for 4 months and i learned how to work in a fast pace enviornment and good customer service. management at the work is good and well maintained. the modt enjoyable part of the job is to meet with new people and experience new things.the hardest part is to match my abailbility and shortage of hours.
Pros
free cofees and donuts and muffins
Cons
short hours
good experience
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC12 March 2017
it was a good experience but i did not get 20 hours which i require. otherwise everything is good including the staff etc. I have learned many new things.
Pros
free donuts and coffee
Cons
not enough hours
Productive and Fun at work
DRIVE-THRU CASHIER/FRONT COUNTER ATTENDANT (Current Employee) –  Alberta12 March 2017
A typical day at work was fun,being at the cash,taking with and helping customers with their needs and wants.I learned to assigned myself to one or two zone in the store in which you will get to know it well enough to run when your supervisor is not there. And learned how to manage my time to fish all my tasks and patience. I had an amazing team and am glad I got the experience working with the different cultures. Management often goes games and makes most huddles engaging and enjoyable. Total open door policy. Hardest part of the job that I find myself as multi-tasking when there's few people working. But you get paid a small amount of dollars.The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with the customers, most are very easy going and fun to talk to. Another is putting together displays, you can often have fun with it, of course following their rules and feel proud of it .
Pros
40% of your lunch meal
horrible
Baker (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON12 March 2017
Worst job ever! Was easy esp nite shift but the high school behavior outta grown women is ridiculous ..owners or their son show up once a month and mess things up cuz NO ONE has a clue what happening. Manager was useless ..bad place to work. Ontario st in welland store ..no money to make. Good for high school students or elderly only
Pros
free hot beverages
Cons
everything!
Just all around not what i want to be doing
Cashier/ front person (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON12 March 2017
Everything is just really hard there for some reason an people dont always want to help there, and the people you have to deal with sometimes is just beyond me and my shoulder needs rest I cant keep up doing the dutys they need
Pros
n/a
Cons
Long hours Under paid and not enough help
Personally rewarding company to work for
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Leamington, ON12 March 2017
Tim Horton's is an extremely high stress, fast paced job but I do enjoy the challenge. The bond that is formed with the regular customers is the most rewarding part of the day! The management at the store where I work is far from professional and in my opinion could use management training however the job does get done. They are able to provide flexible work hours so working with your personal schedule is typically not an issue making it the perfect place for someone who maybe is working two part time jobs or is a single parent.
Pros
during work hours we get a discounted price on lunches, free coffee and pastries
Cons
Long hard days for minimal pay
Fun workplace environment.
Baker (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON12 March 2017
Working at Tim Hortons was an enjoyable experience. I started out working as soup and sandwich which included prepping and storing products. I also worked as the baker which included storing of products baking with the oven and making sure all supplies were always ready.
Terrible Place to Work
Storefront Team Member (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC11 March 2017
At first, working here wasn't too bad. Fellow employees are nice and fun to work with, and overall, the experience with my fellow storefront team members was fun. However, the current manager at this specific restaurant is unable to properly do some of the more basic tasks that are required. We are constantly out of stock, so customers get incredibly frustrated at us on a regular basis. What makes this worse, is that there are periods of time throughout the day that are consistently low on staff as well, as the manager thinks that cutting hours is the way to save money.
Pros
Discount on Food while working, free coffee tea and hot chocolate while working
Cons
Management is terrible, never enough staff, never enough stock, will call you at absurd hours
A place I will remember
Baker and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON11 March 2017
Tim Hortons, store# 0062,

I ultimately left Tim Hortons, despite how I enjoyed the atmosphere very much, to seek further education and possibly an apprenticeship into a Trade. At this Tim Hortons, I was completely inspired by the management team as well as the supervisors there. Their professionalism, understanding and positive attitudes make for a pleasant work environment which allowed me to feel confident in keeping up with the task of managing and producing all of the quality product in demand by the customers each day, along with completing many other tasks. This work experience overall was very beneficial to me, giving me many skills that I can take with me to aid me throughout my life. I am very Thankful.
Pros
Teamwork, flexible hours, free donught every day ;)
Cons
-23 freezer
Good
Baker and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON10 March 2017
I enjoy working at Tim Hortons, everything so far is good the only issues I'm having is balancing personal and work because I'm a morning baker... so 4-5 am type of shifts
Pros
50% off on menus when working
Cons
Cuts into sleep routine and personal life
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Ridgetown, ON10 March 2017
Tim Hortons is a great place to work, it helps you learn customer service skills and how to be efficient in a timely manner. The management at Tim Hortons is amazing, they are willing to work with you no matter what it is.
Fast paced environment
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 March 2017
A very fast paced work environment, shifts usually fly by! You learn a lot about customer service, how to handle food, health and safety regulations and policies.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
No team member discounts when you're on shift
Wasn't terrible
Dishwasher/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 March 2017
This is job was a good high school job. I was able to work quite a few hours with the restraunt being open 24 hours. but I worked there at minimum wage for over 6 months without any review or increase in wage even after they increased my responsibilities. It was a simple job. Fast paced so not overly boring but simple non the less.
good workplace
Team Member (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON10 March 2017
it was good place to work great staff enjoyed it they were great when i had majour surgery and couldnt work,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,