Tim Hortons

Tim Hortons Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Very Organized place to work
Baker/Storefront (Former Employee), Kemptville, ONJanuary 20, 2016
Pros: Guaranteed hours
Cons: Working consistent overnights was exhausting.
A typical day at work would consist of me going in, setting up trays with the products, keeping count of the amount of product needed, baking the product, and placing product in the proper place on the shelf. Also, I would handle orders for customers in the storefront, and deal with their payment transaction.
I loved the Tim Hortons Employees
Cashier (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONJanuary 19, 2016
I enjoyed the people i worked with the most at TIm Hortons. Everyone is so kind and friendly and coming to work is fun instead of a drag. I like keeping busy so Tim Hortons was a good workplace for me.
fun place to work
Cashier (Current Employee), London, ONJanuary 19, 2016
amazing people, couldn't ask for better people to work with , amazing management , for a first job i couldn't ask for a better experience , it would get hard at times but even when it did everyone would work together to get the job done right!
Good work environment
Gérente et service à la clientèle (Current Employee), Montréal, QCJanuary 19, 2016
Will recommand others to work there, the people were fun to work with and for job security it's a great place to work. But the schedule was not too flexible
Good placew overall.
Store Front (Former Employee), London, ONJanuary 19, 2016
Pros: Good hours for my family
Cons: Bad pay scale for the level of work delivered
I did learn alot from Tim Hortons, and I do believe it shaped me into a better employee having been there. I enjoyed my time at Tim Hortons overall, but I need something more "career" oriented.
Store front
Store front (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 19, 2016
Serve customers and help them with anything they would want. Maintaining a clean and safe working environment. Preparing food and drinks to customers request.
it was an alright place to work
Front counter/Cashier (Former Employee), Woodbridge, ONJanuary 19, 2016
Pros: discount on food or drink
Cons: not getting any benefits
my days started at 6am and finished at 3pm or sometimes a little later and we nerve got compensated for the extra hours worked

we did not receive any benefits after 3 months and i did want them I would have had to pay a certain amount out of my pay per month

there was nothing hard about the job the only problem was the language barrier in the store ....
fast paced work environment
Store Front (Current Employee), Windsor, ONJanuary 19, 2016
Pros: Free coffee and had off most food items.
Cons: Some days were very long and slow.
At Tim Hortons you are to punch in as soon as your shift begins. You must then collect the tips and then proceed to the floor where the manager guides you to your position. ( There is usually a manager at the window in drive-thru and another one floating throughout the store). The hardest part of working at Tim Hortons is the pressure the managers put on you to receive decent drive-thru times. The most enjoyable part would be socializing with both the customers and my fellow employees.
Very structured work palce
baker (Former Employee), Prince George, BCJanuary 19, 2016
Pros: great team
Cons: high stress at times
I worked by myself and as a team. Learned to work fast and efficient. Gained a sense of urgency to get the job done. Learned more here than any job I've had.
i realy enjoy to work in Timhortons , until now.. but ineed to change my job, to increase my salary..
Crew member/ Cashier (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 19, 2016
Pros: the owner have always treat for the crew.. like the send for Lunch..
Cons: I like to work long hours..
My typical day at worked is so busy, need to focus every time for costumer service, I learn a lot like patient, accurate to serve, and faster to serve every costumer, Management will is ok. My co worker must to be friendly, and worked to be a Teamwork every single min. the hardest part of the job, is a time for Winter, it so frozen doing a Garbage out side, but is alright for me, because Im use to work in Tim's. always had a fun in Tim;s, specially during serving for the costumer..
Nice place to work
Food Counter Attendant; Deli Person (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 18, 2016
Pros: Discount on meals during shift
Cons: Can be stressful at times
-Fast-paced environment
-Challenging tasks

-Employers and managers are kind and understanding

-Co-workers are team players and fun to work with
-Hardest part: Attending to disappointed/angry customers
-Enjoyable part: Almost everything!
If you are competitive with yourself, it can be very fun.
Baker/Cashier (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONJanuary 18, 2016
Pros: Working hard is fun. When you find someone you work well with, try to see if you can share shifts.
Cons: No benefits and pay isn't that high.
When you come in, they ask you to start 5 minutes early so that you can figure out where the last shift left off (which can be very useful). As long as you worked fast and effectively, got everything done in a moderate amount of time, you would be left with plenty of time to talk with customers and build a good report with them.

The location I worked at offered employees free donuts and hot drinks, which really helped if you came in on a cold day. I learned how to move around others who were working, kinda like dancing in a crowd. I found I could make a dozen coffees in 2 minutes and I also learned how to effectively multitask.

Management was a blast, and even the owners would sometimes work beside us, which was a real boost to morale. Most of the workers were awesome, but some times you would get a new worker in that couldn't move any faster than a snail, no matter how much you tried to encourage them to move faster.

The hardest part of the job is that if you have an injury, it is very difficult to do. I injured my back and lasted a week before I had to give up working there. If my back was still in good condition, I probably would be working there still.
Alright work environment. Most staff were very welcoming and cheerful
Front Counter Attendant (Former Employee), Casselman, ONJanuary 18, 2016
Pros: free donuts (1 donut per staff a day) and 1 hot beverage per staff a day
Cons: No Advancements or raises
It was alright working in that environment. I really like most of the staff i worked with. They were very welcoming and kind. I loved working with the customers and love how i could make there day better. Management was actually pretty good considering. They did not like their roll in management and you can see it as plain as day. The most enjoyable part of my job was when i was praised for my work, i just really did not like the fact there was no advancements there or raises.
Fun & friendly place , makes you feel like your at home
store front (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 18, 2016
Pros: Free donuts
Cons: Long shifts
serve customers
i learned how to make bagels, sandwiches ext.
co-workers made me love my job
hardest part was learning how to put the cream in the machine
I enjoy a challenge , so i loved doing the timing
stressful
server (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONJanuary 18, 2016
I never liked working there it was unbearable employees weren't treated like people and when employees are treated bad customers are treated bad potentially.
Fun and energizing workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 17, 2016
Pros: free tea and coffee, and bagels with butter and 30% off
Cons: Upper management does not listen to concerns of employees
I really enjoy working the people here are very kind and fun.I have worked many positions here,store front, drive thru, and food preparation.
Gain a lot of experience at Tim Hortons
Tim Hortons Team Member (Former Employee), Ajax, ONJanuary 17, 2016
Pros: Discounts while on the floor
I learned a lot at Tim Hortons, because it was my first job and I learned that not only do always have to keep up and work fast and efficient, but you have to multitask and always have a smile on your face and Tim hortons allowed me to gain that experience and grow and practice to make myself better.
good working environment
Food Counter Attendant (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 17, 2016
Pros: free foods when 15 mins early to work and dicounted foods as well
Cons: short staff when busy hours
A busy store in the morning and lunch. Friendly and great staff. Management were nice and helpful.The hardest part of the job some of the co workers have no initiative to work that you need to tell them what to do. The most enjoyable part is when you see the customer satisfaction.
productive and fun work environment
Store Front (Former Employee), Ajax, ONJanuary 17, 2016
Pros: fre lunches
Cons: long hours
learned to work at a fast speed and think quick as well. learned great communication skills in the work field. the other workers were very friendly and helpful. management was easy to talk to.
productive, challenging and fun
Food Counter Attendant (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 16, 2016
my experience working in tim hortons is that you have to be quick on your feet,always keep the customer happy at all times.

I don't really find any part of the job difficult because I was able to learn everything at a fast face.
and the most enjoyable part of the job is pleasing the customer need.
Headquarters