Tim Hortons Employee Reviews in Canada

Found 4,701 reviews matching the search
Food prep and customer service
Customer service and food prep (Former Employee) –  Quispamsis, NBApril 15, 2016
I enjoyed the personal aspect of the job at Tims, I enjoy dealing with people very much. I enjoyed chatting with the customers on a friendly yet professional level. They wanted transaction to be much quicker so the personal time was too brief.
Pros
Interaction with people
Cons
Has to be a quick transaction, seconds.
Fun workplace, great people, and happy customers
Baker/Cashier (Former Employee) –  St. Marys, ONApril 14, 2016
Working there was pretty good. Learned a bunch of new things. Learned how to donut bake and make a great cup of coffee. My co-workers were awesome, and I had made a lot of new friends there. I enjoyed seeing customers come in everyday and being able to know their order before they even made it to the counter. They always had a fresh cup of coffee or tea and left with a smile on the face. Making a customer happy was my main priority. Management wasn't the greatest. I always had and issue with a supervisor who would gossip to her friends about things that were meant to be confidential. When higher management was informed nothing was ever done about it. I was getting harassed all the time about things that had happened outside of work. It was a constant issue. When trying to speak to someone, nothing was ever done and it just got worse.
Pros
Free food on brakes, free drinks when needed, a lot of hours
Cons
not enough brakes, management, income
productive and fast pace
Hostess, Kitchener (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ONApril 14, 2016
I love working for Tim Hortons. I've been there since I was fifteen and I would recommend anyone to work there for there first job.
Good chance to serve others in a friendly work place
Coffee maker and Food maker (Former Employee) –  Ottawa East, ONApril 14, 2016
I was trained to prepare the stuff to be ready for the opening time. I prepared the coffee brewers and cleaned all the installations to be in good conditions to attend the first costumers. The manager was very patient and my coworkers were so nice. The hardest part of the Job was to deal with the cashier machine. I enjoyed to serve the costumers.
Fast pace
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Renfrew, ONApril 14, 2016
It was my first high school job and I did enjoy it while I was young. It was a good place to start off my career. I worked at Tim Hortons for 2 and a half years.
Pros
Good Hours
Cons
Cranky Customers
miss working here
supervisor \ health and saftey rep (Former Employee) –  OntarioApril 14, 2016
if I didn't moved back to ab I would still be working there. the owners are great people and I hope they are doing well. I miss all the people I worked with. loved all the training courses they gave me, ex cpr, first ad health and safety. the Christmas partys were always a lot of fun, also miss dipping the donuts.
Pros
luaghing with my co-works
Cons
the hornets in the summer when taking out the garbage
Had a really good time in Tim Hortons,gained a lot of customer service experiences there.
Front Staff (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 13, 2016
I had no experiences of Canadian customer services before I worked at Tim Hortons, but after that I have learned a lot about Canadian culture and services style.Tim Hortons is a local company in Canada, it helped me to learn a lot of Canadian culture. I had a really good time at Tim Hortons, I have worked with nice people and nice work environment, also, the most important thing that I have learned is efficiency.The reason that I want to get a new job is I want more challenges and some experiences of sales, meet more people and improve my communicate skill. I used to work on Saturday morning to afternoon, my favorite thing to do is being a runner, making coffee and say hi to every customer makes me feel happy and to be needed.I am good at cooperating with other people, I always work together with a girl. She was very passionate with her job and she always takes order,I was her runner. I think corporation is a important fact of a company. I enjoyed the time that I was being a runner and corporate with others.
Fun and friendly work environment
Team Member (Former Employee) –  London, ONApril 13, 2016
Very friendly team members
Excellent supervisors and diligent manager
Hard working co-workers who work great as a team
Flexible hours with some room for promotion
Pros
Free Bagels
Cons
Early weekend hours
Great overall experience
Server (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONApril 13, 2016
Tim Horton's is a fast paced workplace environment, a typical day is very busy- which allows for skill building and multitasking. Very friendly and professional management, personable and welcoming coworkers that really make working there worth while. The hardest part of the job is keeping a positive attitude while working at rush hours and in high stress situations at times, but with perseverance this aspect of the job is manageable. The most enjoyable part of the job is being connected to your community and providing a positive experience for customers as well as building relationships with coworkers.
Great Work Experience
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BCApril 13, 2016
I always have a good day at work and I always maintain my friendly and professional relationships with coworkers, managers and customers.
Rules are clearly stated
Baker/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NBApril 13, 2016
i enjoyed my time at Tim Hortons. It was a good job to develop customer services skills as I was always talking to people. I met some very nice and caring people as customers and coworkers.
Awesome place to work
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ONApril 13, 2016
I loved working with Tim Hortons, it is a great company and I made many life-long friends working here. Had the best manager in the world.
Pros
Family-like work environment and christmas parties
Cons
District Manager was unfriendly
enjoyable place to work.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Grand River HospitalApril 13, 2016
I enjoyed working at this Tim Hortons. It was located in the Grand River Hospital. It was always busy , which made the shifts go by extremely fast.
Flexible with school
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCApril 13, 2016
It's a great job in terms of flexibility when in school, however if one has a lot of bills on his or her hands, I don't recommend Tim Horton's as a part-time job, it doesn't provide enough compensation or benefits. It's ideal for students and or for individuals looking to transition towards something better! Moreover, for quick pocket money, it serves its purpose. The manager is amazing, he really tries hard to understand what we're going through in terms of stress outside the workplace. Furthermore, the team is fantastic; Tim Horton's has a great sense of community.
Fast paced and fun environment.
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Dundas, ONApril 13, 2016
A typical day at Tim hortons your always moving with little down time. The customers are the best part of the job especially when you get regulars, you start you know their order and get to learn little things about them. Such as what they like and dislike. The hardest part would be the lunch time rush on the sandwich station it could be a little overwhelming.
A great place to work anywhere in Canada
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Wetaskiwin, ABApril 13, 2016
The work was easy to get a hang of and the people were very friendly and helpful. I learned how to manage the cash register, management was excellent they knew what they were doing. My co-workers were there to assist anytime I needed. The hardest part was the fear of heights and having to climb ladders. The most enjoyable part was meeting people.
Ideal first Job
Cashier/Store-front (Former Employee) –  Selkirk, MBApril 12, 2016
Working at Tim Horton's is probably only good for getting that first initial work experience. However, it's not that ideal for long term because there is an over-whelming amount of people that get hired, as everyone else's hours get cut back. Not too mention you have to pay attention and do the math to add up how much you are being paid so you don't get ripped off on your paycheck.
Pros
Free coffee on Break
Not the job for me
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ONApril 12, 2016
A typical day at work was generally quite well, some days better than others. I learned how to handle different people in different situations. I didn't agree with management because nobody was ever appreciated, but worked with many wonderful coworkers. The hardest part of the job was doing many jobs at once but became easier with the learning experience. The most enjoyable part was meeting a lot of new people.
Pros
new people, great cooworkers
Cons
management
Fast pace and Fun
COUNTER STAFF (Current Employee) –  Sault Ste, Marie ONApril 12, 2016
Working with such energetic people was a great way to start off the early and dreaded 6am shifts.

Tim Hortons is a very busy corporation and fast pace environment which I love.
Productive and amazing work life
Back Shift Counter Attendant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, NSApril 12, 2016
I loved working for this company. I learned to multitask. the management was kind and always understanding of issues with family and life's unexpected occurrence's.