Tim Hortons Employee Reviews

Fun place to work and great workplace environment
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON3 December 2017
- learned work ethic and leadership skills
- enjoyable staff and management
- received the hours I asked for
-difficult to book time off
-management loves to advance staff to higher positions
Pros
food discount
Cons
short breaks and unpaid on calls
Fast Paced work environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 December 2017
Overall it was a good job. i worked there from October 2016 to October 2017. it was always busy (especially in the winter). When I first started working there, i was slow, but as gained more experience and knowledge, I got a lot better at my job
My first long-term Tim Hortons job
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON2 December 2017
This is where I learned how to work hard, and work reliably. Calling in sick means you have to get a doctors note. While it IS tedious and expensive (20$ for each doctors note) It also teaches the younger workers to not call in sick needlessly, or to make sure the shift is covered if you really need that day off.

Staff at the 3 locations was amazing when I worked there. All friendly, all hard-working, all amazing team members.

Management had gone through frequent changes while I was there (the main manager went on mat. leave 2 separate times during my employment there) But all were good, kind, honest human beings.
Pros
great staff
Cons
constantly on the go.
Very Good Experience
Baker (Former Employee) –  London, ON2 December 2017
The manager was good, and the staff too.
ِAt Tim Hortons I learned to organize work and time. Working as a team and to be flexible.
My connection with the manager and staff was respectful
Pros
Organizing.
Cons
Not good salary
Do not recommend working at this location on coast meridian
Tim Hortons Team Member (Current Employee) –  Port Coquitlam, BC1 December 2017
Manager and supervisors are so mean and rude almost put me in tears. Do not recommend working here unless you like gettimg teased and yelled at every shift
Pros
Cons
rude, bad environment
Fast paced job with wonderful team
Baker, Customer service (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 December 2017
Starting experience was not too gud.But by the time i learned how to handle everything n with the team help it was really a wonderful learning period to work with tim hortons. Learned to work in fast paced environment with management's help.Hardest part of job is never ending long queues all day n night.Remembering customers orders n making them feel important is the most enjoyble part.
Pros
best customer service experience
Cons
very tiring job.Always standing
Great Place to Work as a First job
Tim Hortons Team Member (Former Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON1 December 2017
I was in grade 10 when I got hired at Tim Hortons and it was a great experience. The management made sure I was comfortable and properly trained at all tasks and they made my first job great. I made good money and plenty of lasting friendships while at this job.
Pros
Flexible hours, safe place, always welcome
Cons
Poor manager, problem with them didnt get dealt with
the day goes by very fast
Tim Horton's Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga Valley, ON1 December 2017
a typical day at work was happy people and grumpy people who haven't had their coffee yet but i must admit i enjoyed it the most because time went by fast and i enjoy speaking with people. Main disadvantage was low salaries and not enough hours.
Pros
free donuts and coffee
Cons
cold days at the drive threw window
really giood
team member (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 December 2017
helping people with serving hot fresh coffee and a bagel so they can enjoy their dayand keep being happy. i can also bake and make all bagels or anything the customer needs
Very busy
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, ON1 December 2017
Working at Tim Hortons is what you make it; if you put in the effort it will be rewarded.

I was promoted to Supervisor at 17 years old, just put in the hard work! I loved the people I worked with, they made the environment very friendly and fun. Our owner also was very involved and planned Christmas parties and gave us holiday bonuses.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
Minimum wage

Want to know more about Tim Hortons?

Ask a question
Productive and fun
Manager, Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC1 December 2017
S0P is followed and fast faced restaurant. You gotta to work with a lot of people who carries smile on their faces everyday. We always make things rigth in a nice and friendly manner. We always put our guests first!
good and friendly co-workers but not so co operative managment
store front (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON30 November 2017
when i stated going to school it was not easy for me to manage school, job ad my home. i talked to my manager about it. at first she was very rude to me for making her life difficult by asking her to make changes in schedule. and said i dont want to work and i am not dedicated but then changed. also whatever i did she never once appriciated the efforts. not even a thank you whe i covered emergecy shifts or late night or early morning swifts.
Pros
good friends and great costumers and ok money
Cons
bad managment
Nice people, fast pace but enjoyable
Tim Hortons Team Member (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC30 November 2017
I enjoyed working with the employees and managers at Tim Horton’s. the fast pace makes you’re shifts fly by and friendly regular customers always made my day.
Typical day at work
Tim Hortons Team Member (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC30 November 2017
I learned to work with all types of people with different personalities, I learned how to work under pressure, I liked the fast paced environment, I learned how to multitask on a time limit for drive thru
Pros
free lunches daytime hours
Cons
fast paced less staff
Fun and productive work place for me
Tim Hortons Team Member (Former Employee) –  Bedford, NS30 November 2017
I would really want to be the member of Tim Hortons
The most enjoyable time at Tim Horton when you have lunch break I would be happy if I could work party time.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Fast pace work, fun time at work
Store Front Employee (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC30 November 2017
Good place to work if the team members are nice. Provides an oppurtunity to work in a fast pace environment and help you to improve your skills.
Multicultural work place
Pros
Free food
Cons
Hours not flexible
fun but bad/random hour cuts
Front Counter Attendant (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB30 November 2017
my co workers were awesome, but they cut my hours back drasticly for no reason. this caused me to have to find another job as i wasn't making enough to support myself
Lots of perks
supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, OH29 November 2017
Great place to work. Great staff. Management is good. Clean. Friendly environment. Customers are awesome. Always room for advancement. Everyone is very helpful to each other.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Can get hectic
I loved the job
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fernie, BC29 November 2017
I loved the job but it was very stressful. People would call in all the time , id be shorted staffed. Management sucked. they didnt care about you at all they just cared about the job it didnt matter what was going on they didnt think it was a good enough reason to miss work. i was a supervisor and they treated me very badly.
Pros
i love the people contact and the job in general
Cons
management and long hours
A Team of Kind individuals striving to meet the required staff to make a successful crew.
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  St. Marys, ON29 November 2017
Personally I was pleased with the training process, and the staff were very helpful with any questions I had regarding taking orders or fulfilling the required tasks designated to me. I had a couple of concerns with how my supervisor treated me, and a co-worker. Sadly these issues were never resolved although I did voice my concerns and I left this location of employment.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tim Hortons. Our community is ready to answer.