Tim Hortons Employee Reviews

Found 6,325 reviews matching the search
Tim Hortons
Crew Member, Crew Trainer (Current Employee) –  Canmore, AB22 January 2017
Working at Tim Hortons has given me many opportunities such as meeting many individuals who are very hard working therefore making me determined to do a great job at work. Co-workers are very co-operative. The work environment can be difficult but even though it is, everything can be solved by having a great optimistic personality. I have learned and acquired skills on customer service and handling problems the way it should be handled. No job is an easy job thats why determination is always a must in a working environment to fulfill not only the employer's satisfaction but as well as the customer's satisfaction. The most enjoyable part of the job is always knowing the team members as we all become a family and work hard as a team.
Pros
Free hot drinks, great working environment, amazing co-workers
Fast Pace
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Pierrefonds, QC18 January 2017
A typical day of work is very repetitive you make coffee, serve customer, fetch their orders and so on. I learnt how to speed up my work process and how to always know when a customer is ready. The management was pretty good. Co-Workers were awesome and very plesant. Hardest part of the job is the rushes. The most enjoyable is the discount on food.
Pros
DIscount on food
Cons
very fast pace
Enjoyed working here
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Thornhill, ON4 February 2017
Th flexible time availiability suites/allows me to adjust the time schedule to meet my family requirement.This allowed me to closly followup my children when they are growing. I have enjoyed working with them. Now i am planning to get a change in my working style my children are grown up and i can choose the timing.
Pros
Flexible timing
Cons
I was working night shift
rude management but had amazing co-workers
Team Member/ Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS2 February 2017
I enjoyed working at Tim Hortons because we all became one big family. Although our management got to bossy and mistreated a lot of the staff. It was overall a friendly place to work. Hardest part of the job was to deal with the stubborn customers who were never happy no matter what you did.
Pros
discounted products
Cons
disrespectful management
Overall review
Cashier and Sandwich Maker (Former Employee) –  Terrace, BC12 December 2016
I here for just over 9 months. If you like fast paced very small workplace this job would be great for you. This job for me was awful the management would pull me into there office (closet) just to tell me how terrible of an employee I was. The owners are great. Since I have been there the management has apparently changed the workplace environment is a whole lot better from what I have heard.
God awful place to work
Cashier and Baker (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB12 January 2017
I worked with people here that have been getting paid the same salary for over 15 years... The owners of all the Tim Hortons in Moncton do not care about anyone else but themselves, people who work there hate their lives because of that, and the worst part is that when you get promoted to supervisor, you get a 25 cent raise! The tips were good though
Pros
Tips
Cons
Everything else
Physically busy and fun for the most part.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON27 January 2017
Enjoyed working with the public, did not enjoy working for Tim Hortons. Too few staff to support the number of customers, so happy customers become very unhappy and tend to tell off the counter staff, which is unfortunate since working with the public should be an enjoyable experience.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
high stress postition, management related
Co-workers made for a positive atmosphere.
Maintenance Worker and Server (Former Employee) –  Peace River, AB23 January 2017
Typical day at work was busy and fast paced. I learned how to deal with every type of customer and co-worker. Management is easy to talk to. Workplace was a positive atmosphere. Hardest part of the job was dealing with rude customers. Most enjoyable part of the job was working with fun people and having a management team that cared.
Great work environment, always working together as a team.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON22 November 2016
Working at Tim Horton's was one of the best part time jobs I have had. There was always great people to work together with, and the management and supervisor staff taught me great work ethic. I learned a lot about working as a team and about myself. There were many returning customers that I would deal with multiple times a day who were always making my day just to come in and say hi. There were also days where I have had to deal with frustrated customers, but because of my thorough training I was able to deal with those situations properly.
Pros
meeting new friends
Cons
burns
busy but fun
Store Front, Baker and Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON21 February 2017
i loved working at Tim Hortons. there was ALWAYS something to do whether it was serving or cleaning you were always busy, As a frequent Tim's customer i know what service is, friendly, efficient and fast. I provided the service i expected to my customers. over all i really enjoyed the establishment and the environment
Pros
free coffee and donuts
Cons
rude customers
General Review
Team Member (Former Employee) –  St. Thomas, ON21 February 2017
Overall, my experience was good. There were times where certain employees or customers were horrible but that is customer service. But most of the time, I liked working for them. I was guaranteed hours and I generally got the days off I wanted.
Pros
great regulars, good coworkers. worked around my schedule for school
Cons
didn't order product properly, we were always out of something.
Was great in the beginning
Tim Hortons Team Member (Former Employee) –  London, ON4 February 2017
I loved working at Tim Hortons for the first two years. But with new to young management (15 year olds) coming in the quality of life at work quickly diminished. Hours were being given to friends rather than workers who needed them.
The company itself was great. But my experiences with the location i was at have soured working at any Tim Hortons for me.
Fast paced and keep you on your toes kinda job
Tim Hortons Team Member (Current Employee) –  London, ON8 February 2017
It was a good first job for any teenager hours are flexible for the most part and they like to work it out with you to see what works best for you at what time of the day management could definitely be better tho with the way they delt with things and how they resolved problems in the workplace between employees.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Hectic
fun workplace
Store Front (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON18 November 2016
people are nice to work with and I like the management team!
a typical day at work would be busy, from 6am to 11am. ive learned that working at tim horton i gained some confident, and grew some personal health. the management at tim hortons is good. i love getting along with my co-workers, its always fun and nothing to worry about when im with them, they made my job fun. the hardest part of the job is multitasking when its busy, because were so rushed and hurried that i couldnt think straight on doing orders. the most enjoyable part of the job is satisfying our costumers with there coffee, bake goods, sandwiches, and soups, every body leaves happy at tim hortons.
positive nature at work with co-employees. store is always busy which is a good thing making the work more productive.
Food Counter Attendant (Former Employee) –  Red Lake, ON18 November 2016
It was always busy especially during weekends. I've learn how to deal with major adjustment with the weather and culture. The management thought me a lot on how to handle problems with customers, also how to multitask during busy hours. my co-workers were considerate when it comes to being professional. The hardest part was working with a few people. I most enjoyed being with team because it felt like we are a family.
fast paste and fun.
Team Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 November 2016
a typical day at work would be busy, from 6am to 11am. ive learned that working at tim horton i gained some confident, and grew some personal health. the management at tim hortons is good. i love getting along with my co-workers, its always fun and nothing to worry about when im with them, they made my job fun. the hardest part of the job is multitasking when its busy, because were so rushed and hurried that i couldnt think straight on doing orders. the most enjoyable part of the job is satisfying our costumers with there coffee, bake goods, sandwiches, and soups, every body leaves happy at time hortons.
Productive and always kept busy
Cashier/Storefront (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON1 February 2017
A typical day of work for me would be, making sure the coffee is fresh and ready for our customers, maintain my station, and ensure the front lobby is clean and organized. the hardest part of the job was finding something to do when the store was quiet. I really enjoyed meeting my co-workers and building friendships.
Pros
riendly staff and managers
Fast paced and productive workplace
Assistant Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 January 2017
Serving customers, cleaning stations, create report for shift sales. Team members are efficient and team work is highly valued. Job was relatively repetitive so sometimes it gets boring. Employees are very expendable.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Hourly sales is the basis for schedule allotment. Sales and your hours are directly proportional
So much bullying you have no idea
cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON15 November 2016
Unfortunately I really enjoyed working at the location I worked. The customers were the main reason I stayed so long. The owners did nothing about very serious issues. All that the cared about was how much money they made lost ect. Lots of favoritism and unbelievably so much bullying I have ever seen and worked with. In all my over 20yrs working this is definitely the worst.
Pros
No pros at the location i worked. They are all owned by different people, so cant comment on that.
Cons
Long hrs threatning if too busy will not get ur 15min break.
i got traumatized working at tims
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC20 December 2016
i dont like working there.
i learned that some people are really good and some of them are not.
management is the worst, and the owner doesn't care.
a lot of issues between co-workers
hardest part of the job is working there.
most enjoyable part of the job is working with good people.
Pros
Cons
short hours, no free food we still have to pay for it, no beefits of worrking there