Tim Hortons

Tim Hortons Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive workplace
Store Front (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: free snacks
I enjoyed serving guests, skillfully anticipated and address their service needs.
I have learned how to do cashiering and how to work in fast-paced environment.
my co-workers were approachable and cooperative.
I easily learned the job and with that i can't find anything hard on it.
the most enjoyable part of the job, is when guests acknowledges and – more... compliments you on the fast, accurate service they have experienced. – less
This was a long time ago
Crew person (Former Employee), Victoria, BCSeptember 22, 2014
I worked here when I was 14 years old and it was my first job! I liked it, and it was a great learning experience for me.
fun place to work
Customer Service Representative and Front Desk (Current Employee), Brampton, ONSeptember 21, 2014
Cons: less pay
its fun place to work. co-workers r very cooperative.
this place is always busy.
busy and productive work place
Baker (Current Employee), Edmonton, AlbertaSeptember 21, 2014
I always bake donuts and breads and follow certain amount depending on the customers' flow. I learned strategies to make my work faster without making the quality of the products suffer and to meet the deadline. Though the management is kind of strict, I get to do the things that I need to do using my own ways but following the standards.

I can say – more... that all of the tasks are not that easy but it is not the reason for me to give up. I always value hard work so that I can stay in the job for a long time. – less
Challenging role, great team-mates, fast-paced environment
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONSeptember 20, 2014
Pros: opportunity for advancement, good bonus potential, free lunches
Cons: long hours, working holidays
Typical day at work included leading and coaching team members, organizing the floor, assigning positions and delegating duties, serving guests, preparing bank deposits, balancing sales, reviewing sales and labour figures.
I learned a lot in this job, but most notably I improved my interpersonal communication, organizational, and time-management skills.
The – more... Franchisee that I worked for was fair, accommodating and helpful. District Managers and other Team Members from Head Office appeared frequently to inspect us but they were always friendly and helpful.
My co-workers changed frequently, but for the most part were a pleasure to work with. They were an important part of what made me enjoy my job. – less
Stressful
Store Front (Former Employee), Elmira, ONSeptember 20, 2014
This was a good job to help me get used to working effectively under pressure, but the people were not spectacular, always, It was difficult some days to feel like I was doing my job well but it allowed me to grow a thicker skin.
Fast, Fun , friendly
Manager (Former Employee), Barrie, ONSeptember 20, 2014
Pros: people
Cons: long hours
Great place to work,
pay attention to details
on call 24/7

lots of paper work

best part dealing with customers all day and the one on one interaction you receive with them.
Fast pace environment with good staff and management makes the day go quickly.
Store Front Employee (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 20, 2014
It's the perfect job if you love coffee and enjoy a fast pace environment
Good
Cashier (Former Employee), Surrey, British ColumbiaSeptember 19, 2014
Provided me with valuable skills for working in the food service industry.
Great place to learn multi-tasking
Operations Team Member (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBSeptember 18, 2014
A good place to work with a flat hierarchy. Give in your inputs, and management acknowledges that. One can work in almost every position, and make their way upwards.
Busy and hectic at times, but if you can handle it you'll be fine
Team Member (Former Employee), Sturgeon FallsSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: free coffee and donuts on breaks, good hours
Cons: fast paced, and rude customers
Working at a Tim's is always hectic and crazy, especially when you did morning rushes or midnights with only two people when the drunk crowd from the bars came in. But what made shifts go by quicker and less stressful were the people I worked with. While working at Tims ,you've got to work as a team or its going to be a long night ahead. Working at – more... Tim's is actually quite easy, its the customers and face paced environment that makes it harder. – less
Not for everyone
Team Member (Current Employee), London, ONSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: free coffee on the property for break, pension plan, health benefits available
Cons: inconsistant hours, inconsistant rules
From the start of your day to the end, your mandate is go!
Top speed, accuracy, exemplary customer service and adhere to all rules and regulations are a must. Your commitment to an ongoing education is required for product changes, regulation changes and government requirements.
Team players can get the job done. Great team players are like family.
Garunteed hours, over worked and under paid
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Hamilton OntarioSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: job security
Cons: refused to work around my child care availability
Very little room for advancement and although they pride themselves on being able to work around schedules that was proven to be an issue. I have heard great things about other tim hortons, so perhaps it was just my location. I would work for the company again under new management.
tim hortons review
Crew Member (Former Employee), Barrie, ONSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: fast pace
Cons: management
working here was good work was fast paced and team oriented.
FAST PACED ENVIRONMENT
Supervisor (Current Employee), SASKATOON, SKSeptember 16, 2014
One of the best places to work at. good overall learning experience. learning to work in teams and coordinating with the co-workers is the best part of the job.
baker and store front midnight
Baker / Customer Service (Former Employee), bellevilleSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: good people
Cons: long hour
work at the store and like with my team

work at the midnight and clean maching and deli
loved the managment
baker (Former Employee), wasaga beach onSeptember 15, 2014
it was fast moving work always on your toes. the people were nice. the hours were alright.
Routine
Team Member/ Baker (Former Employee), Binbrook, ONSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: free coffee
Cons: stricter policy every week
The typical day is almost the exact same depending on what i could do. What i learned is try to know every job so I am available to do so. Management where pretty nice up front and my co-workers were close to my age so I wasn't usually bored. The hardest part was never knowing what could ruin your routine like frequent and unexpected rushes of people. – more... The best part was, I would imagine, break time. I was able to control my time between 15-30 mins. – less
Productive Workplace
Cashier/Server (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABSeptember 14, 2014
Fast paced emvironment.
Constantly on your feet, management wasn't the best, co-workers were fantastic, nice and easy to talk to.
Customer Service
Cashier (Former Employee), Guelph, ONSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: discount
Cons: physically demanding and fast paced
My typical day at work. When I arrive I make sure my uniform is clean and sign in to work. Make sure everything is stocked, serve and make sure coffee is fresh. When there are no customers check floor, bathroom and tables to if their clean. I learned how important teamwork is. The management treated there employees with respect. The hardest part of – more... the job was rush hour. The most enjoyable part the job was serving the customers with a smile. – less

About Tim Hortons

Tim Hortons Inc. is a Canadian fast casual restaurant known for its coffee and doughnuts. It is also Canada's largest fast food – Read more