Tim Hortons
2,565 reviews

Tim Hortons Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
would never tell someone to apply
storefront/baker (Current Employee), cobourg, ONJuly 16, 2014
Pros: paid breaks
Cons: my summary
I have been working at Tim Hortons for 4 years in august. i have only once got a raise which was 5 cents. I have never been in trouble there, yet you get treated like garbage. Management is terrible. for a 9 hour shift you only get 2 20 minute breaks. Cant wait to find a new job so i can put in my 2 weeks :):)
Entry level job with good coworkers
Hostess/Server (Former Employee), Whitby, ONJuly 16, 2014
Pros: employee discount
Cons: inability to work with your schedule
The day is very fast paced, and is physically demanding. I learned a lot of multi-tasking skills at this job, which I apply to everything in my life. I am able to deal with some rather unpleasent people and situations gracefully as well thanks to Tim Hortons. My management was also quite understanding with any issues brought to them. The hardest part – more... of working at Tim Hortons, was their inability to work around your schedule. The best part of the job, was definitely the people. – less
stressful workplace
crew member (Former Employee), Mallorytown, ONJuly 16, 2014
Pros: friendly co-workers
Cons: stressful environment
Tim Hortons is fantastic if your on the ordering side of the counter but behind the counter is a different story. its a fast paced environment with no room for error, screw up one thing and youll feel the wrath of the customer who ordered it. Im sure most Tim Hortons are nice to work at but I worked at one in a 401 on route. this meant I had to drive – more... the 401 everyday to work and most of the time through harsh winter conditions. the staff were friendly and would explain all the things that needed to be explained to me but the management was constantly changing and I felt that they were extremely unorganized. The management forgot my name on multiple occasions and hardly ever booked me shifts. I ultimately had to quit due to transportation issues I no longer have as I have bought my own vehicle. – less
fast pace team working environment
Restaurant Team Member (Current Employee), Brampton, ONJuly 16, 2014
Cons: long hours, miserable working environment, poor working conditions
tim hortons consists of working as part of a team all day. whether be working at the front, drive thru, or anywhere else. it is a very fast paced environment where you must repetitively work hard to ensure guests a good experience and keep up with drive thru times that are expected from head office.
A great first job
Front End Employee (Former Employee), Cochrane, ABJuly 15, 2014
Tim Hortons was my first official place of employment. It was a fun, stress-free environment with a great staff and plenty of opportunity to work your way up.
Wonderful Places to work
Team Member / Store Front (Current Employee), Stoney Creek, ONJuly 15, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: n/a
A typical day at work was upbeat and very positive I learned a great deal of Customer Service and how to work efficiently in a fast paced environment. My Managers and Co-Workers were all amazing people, we became like a family. The Most enjoyable part of the job was working with all different types of people.
High-speed environment, productive, geared towards customer satisfaction
Storefront Operator (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONJuly 15, 2014
Cons: inconsistency in hours given, management
Though the mornings in this establishment were quite heavy, it did make the day go by faster. I dominantly spent most of my hours working the sandwich bar keeping up with the requirements of service. My co-workers were always a joy, however management seemed to lack in efficiency at times. I found that at my particular location, my manager seemed to – more... put down or make inappropriate/rude comments towards many individuals, staff and customers included. That aside, the most enjoyable part of the job would have been working with individuals that were around my age group that had positive attitudes. Any conflicts could be resolved quickly noting the importance of customers. We were all able to provide each other with assistance when necessary and execute great customer service working with great synergy. Ultimately, our team was able to satisfy customers quickly and efficiently.

I was able to learn great customer service skills, quickly dissolve problems, help out others, handle cash and tills quickly and effectively, and take and process orders with little to no flaws. – less
alright place
baker/customer service (Former Employee), Sydney, NSJuly 15, 2014
Pros: paid breaks
Cons: dealing with the odd angered customer.
standing on your feet in a fast pace environment. how to make all sorts of different drinks,and meals. management was good.co workers were always there to help when needed.the hardest part of the job was trying to make everything perfect.always dealing with the public.
good job
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), kitchener,onJuly 15, 2014
Pros: free stuff to eat
Cons: not enough hours provided
it was my part time job but really enjoy to work with different peoples.
cashier
Customer service, cleaning (Former Employee), Chatham-Kent, ONJuly 14, 2014
prepare daily orders for customers,clean and sanitize and proper money management
fast paced work enviroment.
Store Front Team Member (Current Employee), Aurora, OntarioJuly 14, 2014
The Tim Horton's location I work at is one of the busiest locations in town which makes for a very fast paced work enviroment. We are known for having one of the quickest drive through times for our area. The majority of people we work with make our job the fun place it can be to work in. Because our store is so busy most of the time it makes our days – more... go by very quickly. – less
Busy and rushed workplace.
Drive Thru, Customer Service, and General Cleaning (Former Employee), Grand Bend, ONJuly 14, 2014
I found that there were overwhelming crowds. It wasn't about how well I did the job, it was how fast. Most of my supervisors treated the employees well while some did not.
There is nothing bad to say about Tim's
Baker (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 14, 2014
Pros: free lunches, great employees, job security, busy location
Cons: customer attitudes/expectations
I started working here because my family owns some Tim Hortons out in Calgary, AB. I always wanted to go there but needed a job first. I learned how to work with very large teams in an extremely fast paced environment. Management was always there whether it be on the floor or in the office always able to talk if needed. My co-workers were wonderful, – more... every one worked hard and worked together and the training was quick and painless. The hardest part of my job would be having to switch so quickly from different stations and trying not to get upset when customers were extremely unhappy. The most enjoyable part of my job was the pay and the people I worked with. – less
Productive and reasonable breaks.
Volunteer (Former Employee), Bathurst, NBJuly 13, 2014
In my one day experience at Tim Hortons I learned how to make the coffee, iced caps, smoothies donuts and other food.
Awesome Staff and great place to work at
Cashier (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 13, 2014
Pros: lots of prodcuts can be free, like smaller priced products.
Cons: some customers can be hard on you, but don't let that get to you.
Staff is fun to work with, but I feel it's time for me to try and expand my work skills and knoweldge to better my resume.
Demonstrates passionfor guest service and creating exceptional guest experiences
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Calgary,ABJuly 13, 2014
Pros: flexible hours, incentive and recognition programs
-Encourages an exciting and fun work environment while motivating team members to meet goals.
-Have the desire to gain experience to help in the success of career.
-Leads by example to demonstrate that the guest is top priority and reinforces positive hospitaliy behaviours with team members.
worst place ever but had table tennis table
cashier (Former Employee), st. jacobsJuly 11, 2014
Pros: co workers
Cons: everything else
Management was awful, extremely fast paced and stressful environment, constantly yelled at, not paid enough, rude customers, high expectations, night shifts, next to no benefits, unpaid breaks, weren't allowed to call in sick or switch shifts. but... awesome co workers and table tennis table!!!!!!
Typical day at work
Supervisor (Current Employee), Bridgeport WaterlooJuly 11, 2014
I work really hard to provide a great experience for every customer, I will usually train my other team members on new products and events that are taking place, handle money flow, set out duties to be completed, organize paper work, and prepare and handle food.
Some what good, some what bad
Cashier/Server (Former Employee), Richibucto, NBJuly 11, 2014
Pros: free hot chocolate
Cons: co- workers were not friendly
As an employe I didn't feel like one. I felt more like a punching bag to everyone because I was new. At the near of my end, they sent me my schedules in email and never received them until 2 weeks after. As a young employe then i think they had the Impression i didn't want to work there so they had fired me.
Progressive day at Tim Horton's
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee), Whitby, ONJuly 11, 2014
Pros: free donuts and tea
Cons: not enough hours provided
A typical day at work included serving customers in a friendly manner; while keeping the restaurant clean and presentable. Working there, I learned excellent team work skills and how to cope with difficult customers without getting offended. The management was good, but not very organized. I am a flexible person, but an organized work environment is – more... essential for me. My co-workers were amazing, and we got along amazingly. The hardest part of the job was coping with difficult customers and people who come into work not sober. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing satisfied customers and being able to provide them with what they required. – less

About Tim Hortons

Tim Hortons Inc. is a Canadian fast casual restaurant known for its coffee and doughnuts. It is also Canada's largest fast food – Read more