Tim Hortons Employee Reviews in Canada

Found 5,309 reviews matching the search
Fun and Respectful working in a team
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BCAugust 7, 2016
Weekdays are very busy but I have learned a lot in this industry. I learned how to understand people's opinion. I learned how to move fast and multi-task. My co-workers are really fun to be with, because they can work well under pressure, and have a good sense of humor. The hardest part of this job is whenever someone called in sick and it's busy, all of us had to take more responsibilities than usual and it is a little bit stressful.
Pros
30 percent discount, free donuts, hot drinks and buns
Productive and Fun Workplace
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 7, 2016
At Tim Horton's I learned how to become a leader and embrace my communication skills. By motivating my fellow crew mates to meet our drive thru times and abide by Tim Horton's standard I could guarantee our guest's got the freshest coffee every time. I enjoyed helping train new staff, and getting our regular guest's coffee orders ready in advance; seeing the smile on their face and their warm welcome was the best part of my job. The hardest part of my job was being isolated by other staff because of ethnicity. The reason I had to leave was because often times I was excluded from conversations simply because I could not speak another language aside from English. It flabbergasted me, that I have been denied raises based on the economy or my age rather than my workplace capability. I would work at Tim Horton's again gladly if the exclusion was not present because I love the friendly fast paced work environment.
Pros
Friendly staff and guest
Cons
Long hours with only one 15 minute break
Fast paced environment
Front Counter Attendant (Former Employee) –  Cold Lake, ABAugust 7, 2016
in Tim Horton's, you can have fun while working. you get to meet a lot of different types of customers. you have an opportunity in career advancement.
Productive an fun work environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ONAugust 7, 2016
Fun but busy work environment. I enjoyed the different experience everyday on the job. My co-workers made the day most enjoyable
Pros
My shift
Difficult Job
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Wallaceburg, ONAugust 7, 2016
work enviroment is go go go, always on your feet and most days dont get a break until later in the evening. it does have a very high dramatic atmosphere, most co workers were decent and management was what it should be
Pros
free coffee and donuts
Cons
too much drama
Tim Hortons
Cashier (Current Employee) –  London, ONAugust 6, 2016
Usually 8 hr shifts, 2 managers, learned how to manage time, hardest part of the job is dealing with difficult customers, most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people everyday and learning new things
Pros
50% discount
Cons
Small store
Great opprotunities for advancment, and got along great with managment.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BCAugust 5, 2016
Always a very busy place, so always felt like there was lots to do, but hard to get yourself composed sometimes as there was always so much going on. Management was very good about giving you the hours you need, but it is likely you wouldn't get the exact hours you want until you had been working there for around 3 - 6 months.
Pros
Maleable hours
Cons
Low pay
productive place and learned lots of skills from them
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 5, 2016
I worked nights it was an enjoyable place to work, I cleaned and served customers, prepared food. management was good. I had a blast working with people on night shift but there is no room for advancement.
unorganized
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QCAugust 5, 2016
Lovely place but managers are never on the same page & training is not derythone properly. Challenging but fun place after you understand everything
Pros
Co-Workers
Cons
Productive employees, good workplace and management
Store Front Employee (Current Employee) –  Lawrence and WestonAugust 5, 2016
Accurate and fast service. Long hours at work. Great benefits and reasonable starting salary for beggining employees. Provides reasonable amount of time for orientation prior to duty. Has clean workplace. Has friendly and approachable co-workers.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Very fun and enjoyable work place.
Provide customer service (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ONAugust 4, 2016
What I learned at Tim Hortons was awesome customer service skills. The management was very professional and understanding. I also had the most amazing co workers.
enjoyable workplace
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 4, 2016
Typical day of work would have two rush periods but would be slow the rest of the time. Would typically work 7am-3pm. I learned how to work in a fast pace environment, how to work store front as well as in the back preparing food. Management was not the friendliest but most co-workers were nice and wanted to help one another out. The hardest part of the job would be working with rude management. The most enjoyable part of the job would be serving customers and receiving positive feedback.
Great walk through job.
Hostess/Server (Former Employee) –  Mount Forest, ONAugust 4, 2016
Working at Tim Hortons was a great experience for a starter job. As I had previous jobs before yes, but this job was more hands on. The people I worked with were all very different and depending on the person they were, it was hard to get along with some. Most made the job feel welcoming, some did not. I cherished the days I worked with certain people and dreaded the others. But all in all, I still went to work with a smile on my face, knowing the customers would see that smile and know they were welcomed also. I learned a lot about how to still keep your cool when a customer isn't being the nicest person to you. I also learned that if a customer says you did something wrong, don't try to fight it and say "no". Just accept that you did the wrong thing and fix it for them. Even if it wasn't your mistake. The customer is always right and you should just fix it to be courteous anyways. The most enjoyable part of this job would be that every day is different. Sure it is the same place, but each day you're doing a different task, or you're at a different station and that makes it exciting each day to go in and have something different. The hardest part of the job would be making sure everyone is always happy. Because people react differently to tough situations, it's hard to always keep everyone happy. I could apologize a countless number of times to a customer but if I am not telling them what they want to hear then they won't be satisfied with me at all. Thus I am the one not making them happy, and that would be the hardest part for me. Over all, it was a good job, I just wish  more... I would have got along better with my manager, whom happen to be the one that made the schedule.  less
Pros
Great experience
Cons
Rude people
looking to move forward
Baker/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONAugust 4, 2016
I have worked for thios company for 7 years and love it good customer service is part of my daily task and making sure customer orders are correct
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ONAugust 4, 2016
There are no jobs harder than another one, Tim Hortons has equal amount of work for all associates, management was good, coworkers were friendly. Typical day at work was always busy.
Pros
flexible with my schedule
Cons
Long shifts
Productive, fun , enthusiastic
Team Member (Former Employee) –  115 times aveAugust 4, 2016
I Loved working at Tim Hortons. It was a constant learning experience. The team was always supportive and hard working, everyone split the work equally and did their best to be perfect. Interacting with customers was my favorite part of the job.
Pros
social experience
Ok please to work
Tim Hortons Team Member (Former Employee) –  Bradford, ONAugust 3, 2016
It was a fun place to work. I stopped working there cuz I went on maternity leave and then moved. Loves my co workers. Hours weren't so great. Need full time.
fun work and challenging
Store Front Employee (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKAugust 3, 2016
everyday is a challenge day for me and to my co-workers. everyday new people to encounter different behavior towards us. many things to learned how to make your work to be fun and not tiring because you enjoy working. management is not quite good because there's no appreciation towards us( employees) salary is we don't know what based on.most enjoyable part of job is more customers admire us and appreciate our hard work.
Pros
paid break
Customer Service, Cash Experience, Busy Environment
Server/Cashier (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONAugust 3, 2016
During my time with Tim Hortons I was able to bring the experienced I gained while at the Shaw Café and Wine Bar.
I enjoyed learning the operations of cash; debit, credit and cash.
Fast paced, exciting work environment
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  King City, ONAugust 3, 2016
Working at Tim Hortons I have further developed interpersonal skills such as my ability to communicate with customers and fellow coworkers. Being in a fast paced environment I have been able to acquire skills that are necessary to maintain an efficient work environment.
Pros
50% staff discount on breaks, good benefits
Cons
Constantly strenuous workplace due to pressure to make daily drive thru times