Tim Hortons Employee Reviews

Found 7,951 reviews matching the search
Didn't like it
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Shelburne, ON8 August 2017
They were unfair, treated everyone different. to slow to much to do for so little.

They never pay good it was litterly min wage.
Free coffee, free timbits
Pros
Free Coffee free timbits & Donuts
Cons
Under Pay! always out of stock!
Productive and fun place to work
NEW EMPLOYEE STAFF TRAINOR (Current Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON8 August 2017
Management need to take more courses in people assessment and people skills

Need to be more manageable and flexible dealing with staff and scheduling issues
Pros
Fun place great customers great staff
Cons
Unqualified management
Fun workplace
Day time Shift Supervisor representative (Current Employee) –  Niverville, MB8 August 2017
I am the day shift supervisor, my typical day at work is making sure all the logs are complete, making sure the store is being kept clean, sending employees on their breaks and i sometimes do cash if Manager is not in. The hardest part about my job is not being taking seriously when employees are having certain problems and the most enjoyable part of my job is having such great coworkers who have built a fantastic team.
Pros
Co-workers
Excellent workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Greater Napanee, ON8 August 2017
Friendly management, amazing workplace. Easy to get along with your fellow employes. Always smile and bring the best you can to work. Always something new to learn in your days work.
It was a very efficient work place
Barista (Former Employee) –  North York, ON8 August 2017
I would be mostly making coffee and getting baked goods from the kitchen to bring into the showcase. Management was great although they didn't train any new employees, they would let other employees help that may not have been qualified to train a new employee. The baristas were pretty efficient at what was needed to do. The hardest part was the language barrier with some of the staff being that English was not their first language. Most enjoyable part of the job was that everyone was very friendly.
Pros
You can take food from Tim Horton's on lunch break without it coming from your paycheck.
Cons
When breakfast/lunch rush came in and you didn't have enough employees to handle it all.
Overall a good place to work.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Orleans, ON8 August 2017
Tim Horton was a good place to work. Once I had my son, they waren't too flexible with the hours so I had to quit. Overall, this place was a nice environment to work in.
Fast paced environment
Assistant Manager/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Port Colborne, ON8 August 2017
Very fast paced and team oriented place to work. Great customer service is definite asset with guests and team members. 24 hr location results in 8-9 hr shifts anytime.
typical timmies
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC8 August 2017
I loved almost all the employees while working here, many fond memories.
Managers are alright, sometimes pick favourites though and a little lax on getting things started- buying new equipment(or updating it), training people for higher positions.

Pretty average and a bit better than what you would expect from working in a fast food environment :)
Fun Place to work and great people to be around
Front End Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC8 August 2017
A typical day included greeting customers as they come in, asking them how their day has been, making sure I am giving off a positive vibe. I learned great customer service experience working at Tim Hortons. The management was great, always worked around days I needed off, very flexible with hours.
Fun but sometimes stressful
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Halifax Regional Municipality, NS7 August 2017
Verybusy atmosphere. Must be able to multi-task. Best part of the job is the customers. You meet so many different types of people and develpoe all kinds of different working relationships
Great management with flexible hours
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON7 August 2017
Management at Tim Horton's was great.
Hours were flexible.
Team was easy to get along with.
Scheduling was consistent.
Breaks were organized so store front was never a man down.
Didn't like it
Cook,cashier,drive thru (Former Employee) –  Yorkton, SK7 August 2017
I did not like working here due to the sanitation and the management they need better customer service skills and also need food safety courses for the workers
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Rude workers bad customer service
possibly the worst place to work
Server (Former Employee) –  Morden, MB7 August 2017
the coworkers talk behind your back and insult you while making you do their work if your a hard worker. the management ignores the staff who are being picked on and avoids the problem while giving the crybabies paid leave for having their feelings hurt by someone asking them to do their work instead of sitting and talking/fooling around all day.
would rather die than work here again
Pros
free food... sometimes
Cons
absolute atrocious management and coworkers
Travail sous pression
caissiere (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 August 2017
travailler au Tim Horton a été une expérience magnifique pour moi. Travailler avec le stress,sous pression,la rapidité,le travaille d"équipe la compréhension,la patience prioriser avec les clients
Many great workers amongst unorganized management
Store Front (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, ON7 August 2017
The workers are for the most part excellent in every aspect of their job but unfortunately they do not get to shine in this area due to poor management skills. There are many willing to work but not enough people scheduled to get the task done due to the company not wanting to pay its employees. Very frustrating.
Pros
great workers
Cons
only 15% discount (only applies when working at your location) and bad management
fun place to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC6 August 2017
Everyone is friendly and its fun to work there. Most of the time its fully packed and you get to see a lot of your friends while you are working which makes it even more fun
I enjoyed working here as there were a lot of regular customers.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON6 August 2017
I enjoyed working here, I got along with the manager and the other employees. We had a lot of regular customers and I got to know some of them if they stayed to have their beverage and food.
Daily Operation
Counter Attendant/BAKER/FOOD PREP (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC6 August 2017
Most of the employee are energetic and customer oriented.. We always giving the customer of 100% satisfaction on our services.
Most of the employee are doing multi task.. We can jump up wherever needs are expertise. the only thing that we don't want are those broken equipment...They took long time to attend those and fix it...thats why most of the time the staff struggling doing their duties because of those broken machine
Pros
Free uniform
Cons
No benifits
Everyone's like a family, got to me able to muilttask
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NB5 August 2017
Working at tim Hortans has been great but I'm just ready for a fresh start! Everyone is loving and works as a team! Very social, and good commutation with regular costumers!
Pros
2 breaks, loving people
Cons
Slow days
We try our best to make sure the product is fresh
Supervisor / Assistant Manager/Manager (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON5 August 2017
At Tim Horton's I started as store front and made up to general Manager I got to learn a lot about company like fresh coffee time temp safety how to make customers happy by making it right etc...we work as family I love to serve costumers early in morning and see them smile with there coffee cup. we got to help kids go to camp by raising money.The hardest about job was drive thru times but we met with the goals when we work as team.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tim Hortons. Our community is ready to answer.