Tim Hortons

Tim Hortons Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great employees
Customer Service/Baker (Former Employee), Guelph, ONFebruary 4, 2015
Tim Horton's was a short lived experience for me. I don't think I'm cut out to work in the fast food industry. I got along with the managers, supervisors, employees and office admin. I just didn't enjoy working there.
Non-stop work environment
Cashier (Former Employee), Hamilton, OnFebruary 4, 2015
My first job at Tim Hortons has defiantly provided me with skills i will carry with me. A typical day at work consisted of working the fast paced drive thru, where I was one of the only ones to make sure tasks were getting done correctly and efficiently. Management was very poor and did not help employees to reach potential, often resulting in pressure to fulfill the duties that weren't being completed. I am someone who needs to see everything run smoothly and if a team member is not doing their part I will often step in for help. Customer satisfaction is very important. Hardest part of the job would be the hours I worked monday - friday, 2pm-10pm, which left me not much time for myself. The most enjoyable part of my job was definitely the regulars who came in every day, i got to know them and i enjoyed making people happy.
Started out great but then just didn't work out in the end.
Team member (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: close to home, friendly staff
Cons: cut down my hours from full time to 2 shifts a weeks, couldn't give me days anymore.
At first they hired me for full time days which is what i really wanted. I would get to work in the morning and have enough time to get home to pick up my son from daycare at night. I learned how to do all the different stations such as storefront, sandwich station, drive thru and drive thru coffees within just the couple months i was their. You really needed to know how to multi-task and be fast past for all stations. I love everyone i worked with we all got along and always laughed. But then i started getting my hours cut back and cut back till finally it was only a couple shifts every couple weeks so i had to put in my 2 week notice and start looking for another job.
job is secure but what good id a secure job that gives you less than average part time hours :(
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), TorontoFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: very comfotable hours of work 9:00 am to 3:00pm
Cons: next to no hours as bussiness is slow due to heavy snow fall!
hardest part of the job is cleaning public washrooms :(((((
best part is I work 9:00 am to 3:00 pm ...excellent for a mom of two
but due to heavy snow, business is slow so 8 hrs/week
they asked me to stay home as no guests were coming:(((
Long nights with great coworkers
Cashier (Former Employee), Dartmouth, NSFebruary 3, 2015
Tim Hortons night shift was a great experience, I learned alot about time management and organization. My coworkers made the workplace a really enjoyable place to be, and I always loved going to work.
Enjoyable work environment with awesome coworkers
Baker/Midnights/Afternoons (Former Employee), Port Perry, ONFebruary 2, 2015
I really enjoyed my job at Tim Hortons, I enjoyed the people I worked with and the management. I enjoyed the daily tasks of serving customers and keeping the store clean.
Productive and fun to work with
Afternoon shift supervisor (Current Employee), Cambridge, ONFebruary 1, 2015
On a typical day last week, our Timhortons had a complain from the client to deal with. An upset customer came with a complain about wrong product and I reviewed his complain and contact my manager. She explained how important this complain was, so I reviewed the complain. I found a way to solve the customer complain. I provide customer with $50 gift card and customer thanked us. I explained to all team members how important it is to be accurate at workplace and with customer's orders.
The most enjoyable part of the job is working with people and happy coworkers.
Productive and fun workplace with unlimited consumption of coffee for free.
Food Counter Attendant (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: unlimited donuts and timbits!
Cons: 8 hours of standing.
The most enjoyable part of the job is making the guests happy by serving their perfect cup of coffee.

Co-workers are positively energetic.

Long queue at the Drive thru is a normal day at work.

The hardest part of the job is cleaning the lot and taking out the garbage especially during winter time.

I learned that serving serving wrong or bad coffees to guests can ruin their whole day.
Great learning experience
Cashier/Production (Former Employee), Guelph, ONJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: opportunities for scholarships, flexible, free uniforms
Cons: cleaning washrooms
My responsibilities working with Tim Hortons was a mixture of front of house cashier and customer service and back of house production.

Production requires you to prep and bake all food products for the shift including bread products, soups, donuts, bagels ect. Cashier's responsibilities are to serve the guests as quickly and efficiently as possible while also stocking shelves and maintaining a clean work space.

There is a quick turn over of staff within these types of establishments as people come and go and may only need to work temporarily however I did make a few friends that I still keep in contact with today.

I enjoyed seeing the regular customers and how happy they are to see us as well and my favorite part would be production as I personally enjoy baking and being in the kitchen creating beautiful and delicious things.

My least favorite part of the job was working on the sandwich station first thing in the morning as the rushes can be overwhelming at times. This did however teach me to multitask and be better with time management in the workplace.
fast paced, fun
Supervisor (Former Employee), St. John's, NLJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: free coffee
Cons: no lunch break
I started as front staff, then baker to supervisor to assistant manager, i love customer service. Very friendly staff to work with
busy location
Overnight cashier and baker (Former Employee), Meteghan River, NSJanuary 31, 2015
busy locaton and not allowed time for breaks.
alot of rude customers, and it was quite a stressful enviorment
but i was given solid hours
Productive and fun workplace
Team Member (Former Employee), Toronto ONJanuary 31, 2015
A swimming contest at the company in which all the employees participated.
As such it was a fun workplace.
Learned to work in a diverse environment and people with diverse communities.
A work day at Tim Hortons.
Part Time Employee (Former Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: friendly co-workers, free food on breaks.
Cons: long hours, under staffed.
I was a cashier, and had a important roll in customer service. I cleaned the store and kept people happy. I was in charge of stock also, I liked the job because it was fast pace and made the 8 hour shifts fly by. All my co-workers were friendly and I loved working with the, worst part about the job was management, I was never given any training and I wasn't aware of my pay until 2 weeks after my first day. The store was understaffed and we found ourselves working with 5 peole in an entire store. I loved the job overall, besides some minor problems I think everyone should get some experience at Tim Hortons since it really shows you what fast pace customer service is like.
Fun place to work starting out.
Storefront Associate (Former Employee), St. John's, NLJanuary 30, 2015
Provided customer service, handled money, prepared food and drinks and took orders.
Co-workers are very encouraging, and the work hours went fast.
An average workplace at best, co workers make it worthwhile
Team Member (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: fun co workers
Cons: management is not understanding
- Cashier at drive thru
- To listen first and act later
- Average at best
- Co workers are supportive
- Dealing with the manager
- A satisfied customer
people were easy to get along with dinners were often held
Cashier (Former Employee), Oshawa ONJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: percentage off on our breaks
Cons: people
it was always fun and exciting.
i learnt how to use my people skills and manage the cashier often.
i often trained the new people and helped as much as i was able to.
most of my coworkers were easy to get along with others we had a little bit of a space between us.
the hardest part of the job was always making the customers first but that is what it called for. i had a coffee thrown at me, i didnt make the coffee nor did i take the order.
the most enjoyable part of this job would have to have been being able to just get away from the rest of the world and come in and work. i loved to work!
Awesome Workplace!
Team Member (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: free lunches, good pay, benefits, awesome employees
A typical day at work was the same almost every day. I was always working day shift. I'd come in, get my uniform on, grab some breakfast and eat. I'd start my shift at about 7:30am. I'd count the cash drawers and bring them out to the front. We had to refill the coffee and make sure it wasn't expired, wipe our stations and get ready for the customers. It was pretty easy in the morning, only about 2-5 people in line at once. At about 11:00am, it would start getting a little busier. It got crazy in there. Everyone working fast, customers waiting for their coffees, taking out garbages and cleaning tables before taking breaks, etc.
I learned a lot from working at Tim Hortons. I learned more about how to work with cash registers, preparing beverages and food, how to "snake" a coffee machine to clean it, and even more!
Management and my co-workers were very nice, respectful employees but most of them could be very strict at times...
I don't really think there was a very hard part of working at Tim Hortons except for pushing yourself hard to work fast and get things done right.
The most enjoyable part was getting along with the customers and my co-workers. They were all fun to be around!
I had an awesome job experience there and I would recommend it to anyone.
Good work enviroment, with tasks and things to do at all times
Cashier (Current Employee), Cambridge, ONJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: good hours
Cons: rude customers
A typical day at work would be serving customers and when not serving customers, doing chores/ stocking products in storefront. It is important to work as a team with whom ever you are working with at all times. The hardest part of the job would be making sure everything is done the way it is should be, by all employees.
Good place to wor
Team Member (Former Employee), Stewiacke, NSJanuary 29, 2015
I enjoyed working with the team members there as well as working with the public.
good
Shift manager (Former Employee), Chelmsford, ONJanuary 28, 2015
great learing place
great hours
great team work
great staff
great management
everything is great

About Tim Hortons

Tim Hortons Inc. is a Canadian fast casual restaurant known for its coffee and doughnuts. It is also Canada's largest fast food – Read more