Tim Hortons Employee Reviews in Canada

Found 5,016 reviews matching the search
It was a ok experience.
part time (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJune 6, 2016
I really enjoyed building new friendships as well as meeting new people. Unfortunately the management was not very good at all. They did not respect when you need to take certain time off. As well they were very rude. I would not recommend it.
Pros
free donut every shift.
Cons
couldn't take time off
Tim hotons
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 6, 2016
It was fine. The people were great.
the mangers were fine.
The Regulars were amazing.
The work was fun.
The hours were amazing.
productive and loving place mixed with many different culture of people
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 6, 2016
an average day when working at Tim Hortons would be very busy .as a worker my consistency would always have to remain punctual and fast working. the management system was very strict but also friendly .what i learnt with working with the company was very good comunicational skills
its really good to work there
Supervisor at tim hortons (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKJune 6, 2016
hello .i m working as a supervisor.
i learned how to manage staff
the hardest part of job is how to control the full store and working everything properly.
the most enjoyable part is to handle the customers

its really good place and good environment.
my salary is good too.
its close to my house.
i love my job.
Hard Work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Manotick, ONJune 6, 2016
Tim Hortan's works their employees very hard, customer service is their number one priority, so you get to learn how to deal with all kinds of people.
Fun Atmosphere
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJune 6, 2016
I had a very good staff. Everyone was very welcoming. it got very hot behind the counter and customers can be very rude or annoying. Your co-workers usually help you out an if not your manager or supervisor will defiantly help you if you ask.
I like to meet and serve new faces everyday
Crew Member/ Cashier (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ONJune 6, 2016
I am enjoying my work by helping customers with their needs.
I like to work with people and love to work for people.
I learned and improved my skills of customer service.
The hardest part of the job is multitasking and speed of service.
I have to mention about Great Team Work too.
It helps for this Industry's great success.
Pros
customers smile
Cons
long hours without break
awesome job for a startup.
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABJune 6, 2016
Tims have given me the experience I needed to start on navigationg my working experience. It is a place where i learned a vast amount of knowledge i need to become an awesome team player.
Great starting job
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJune 6, 2016
At Tim Horton's, I learned how to work as a team with fellow co-workers, as well as how to communicate and interact with customers.
Majority of my co-workers were very friendly, while some on the other hand, not as friendly. Most enjoyable part of the job was meeting so many people and getting to interact with the customers, and co-workers. Learning how to prepare sandwiches was quite enjoyable. A little bit stressful at times when there was high demand, but overall, quite fun.
Pros
Learn useful skills, friendly work environment
Cons
A little bit stressful at times
Fun place to work and good start for career
Store Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONproJune 5, 2016
A typical day in Tim Hortons is you greet customers and serve them. Start their day with a fresh coffee and breakfast. What I have learned in Tim Hortons is how to provide good customer service and how to resolve customer complaints. The management in Tim Hortons is friendly and firm. The hardest part of working in Tim Hortons in you work in an environment in which you need to work with your best efforts to keep customers happy by having enough choices in food and beverages. The most enjoyable part in working in Tim Hortons is you get to smell always fresh.
Pros
team work
Fun and Fast paced place to work
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Beamsville, ONJune 5, 2016
I enjoy working at tim hortons because everyone is friendly and it teaches you several life skills: ex. Hospitality, customer service, quick service, problem solving
Pros
Nice staff memebers, treated for working holidays
Cons
Early shifts, long hours
Its a good starting job and had pretty good experience.
team member (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BCJune 5, 2016
My typical days at work is good, sometimes not but for sure it happens all the time. I managed to adjust myself with all different types of people of different culture, of different raise. I learned to appreciate simple efforts, simple gestures of appreciation, stay positive and head's up although the situation is disappointing. I learned that valuing the cant's and cans of a person helps us grow in the most effective kind of manner. Management isn't understanding enough so it's not that worth of too much time and effort. Co-workers are a mix of good, better, best and worst which is usual. Hardest part is you are not that motivated because you don't feel like you were appreciated but on the brighter side, there are few who sees your worth.
Great Customers
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Thorold, ONJune 3, 2016
A typical day at Tim Horton's consisted of making drinks, dealing with customers and working with your team members. It wasn't always the best part of your day, but its a job and you need to make sure your always showing a smile and doing your job. I learned that its more than just making coffee, its a lot of work. My co-workers are great, always trying to up sale, and always staying positive no matter what. The hardest part of the job was definitely dealing with drive thru times. We would have to make sure we served the guest, positively and correctly within 25 seconds at the window. The most enjoyable part of the job was definitely working with all the employees. They are like my other family, and I wouldn't of been able to do it without them.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Long Hours
cashier, sandwich, drinks
caissiere (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJune 3, 2016
love the experience, to see customers smile. I didn't like the salary, and the management of that timhorton in specific.
very good working environment
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 3, 2016
I appreciated the opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment where I could interact with new faces on a daily basis. I learned a lot about customer service skills and how to respond to difficult customers/situations. I also learned how to multi-task.The hardest part of the job was being the only employee in the store at times; it can be challenging to cover the positions of a sandwich maker and cashier when there are multiple customers. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the familiar faces of regular customers, and knowing exactly how to respond to their order of "the usual".
Pros
half-priced
free hot chocolate
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJune 3, 2016
very stressful and can be super busy and then can be very slow at times. I would recommend tim hortons to any student looking for work
Pros
free coffee
Cons
burns
ok
Storefront Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ONJune 3, 2016
it was an okay job, management and staff was the best aspect of the job. Would not recommend it to sensitive people because customers yell sometimes and it is not desirable.
Pros
tips
Cons
mean customers
Challenging with opportunity to excel and meet new people
TEAM MEMBER (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ONJune 2, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job is the c-workers I work with. We are from different backgrounds but will work together to achieve a smooth and stress free day.
Pros
the people we work with
Cons
Long and busy hours
Staff is easy to get along with, customers are friendly
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJune 2, 2016
Customers are very friendly, and you can generate a great rapport with them. The hardest part of the job is being on your feet for long hours.
Fun meeting new custormer
General housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Malton, ONJune 2, 2016
i am working at tim hortons.Learning best hospitality , time management, self learning.Nice co workers and managers.Long hours shifts, rude customers, tiriding shifts and minimum wages