Tim Hortons

Tim Hortons Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Enjoyed working at Tim Hortons
Team Member (Current Employee), Barrie, ONMay 10, 2015
Tim Horton's was a good first job. It taught me how to work hard and how to be organized in a work environment. I enjoyed how there was always opportunity to advance in the company.
Horrible
Cashier (Former Employee), Brampton, ONMay 10, 2015
Pros: paid breaks
Cons: We had to pay for our food, werent allowed to leave tim hortons on our breaks
I worked at tims for over a year and it was just bad, I hated it so much. We would get yelled at infront of the customers, we had to smile the whole entire 6 hour shift, which is no problem but some days couldnt just hapen. There was so much drama between co workers, some supervisers and even the manager would even talk in their own language which made it seem like they were talking about us. I worked only afternoon shift till closing, so when the afternoon shift would start NOTHING would be stocked, we had to do it all, and customers would get mad at us because we weret attending them, but how could we? We get yelled at for leaving water bottles in the back room.
great place to work long term and great benefits
Counter Staff (Former Employee), Brockville, ONMay 9, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: hectic rushes for serving customers, lot to remember
I liked the fact that I was able to work midnights which is the shift i wanted for many reasons, mainly because i liked to be left on my own to do the work required and i felt we got more accomplished on midnights, i didn't always get along with my co workers but i did the job i was hired to do and was great with the public, i often was told i was very polite to the customers
i was an apprentice baker
Assistant Cook (stage) (Former Employee), Lennoxville, QCMay 8, 2015
Pros: friendly environment
Cons: it was hot in the kitchen
I helped the bakers to make all of the baked goods for the store.
I washed dishes and helped keep the kitchen clean and safe for all people to use.
The environment was quite busy and excited and the staff were all very friendly.
always had something going on that made things interesting.
Counter staff (Current Employee), Barrie, ONMay 7, 2015
I have worked at 2 different Tim Hortons and i can honestly say each one had its perks and some times its down falls. however each one i have learned something new and made friends along the way. both stores had good management although i must say my current store is alot more well run.
fast-paced environment with great food
Cashier (Former Employee), North YorkMay 7, 2015
I would be informed by management on my duty for the day; whether it was to be on the cash and serving customers or cleaning duties.
I learned that I enjoy working with a team and that communication is key to providing the best service to customers.
The management was the best experience I had as they mentored me on building myself as person and my skills.
Co-workers were nice to work with and hard working.
The hardest part of the job was working during rush hours because the location is only walk-in and drive-thru for two windows, which required us to work faster but got the job done.
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with a great team.
"Just a Job"....
Front Store Clerk (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 7, 2015
Pros: They offered benifits after 20+ hours a week
Cons: Lack of respect for other teamates efforts and self-efficiency
"If you don't have anything good to say........"
Worked the overnight shift 11pm-7am Mon. to Friday
with some weekends pending.
Productive and fun environment
Storefront Cashier (Former Employee), BrooksMay 7, 2015
A sense of humor.. I believe helps in excellent customer service.
A typical day at Tim Hortons would be to check in for a productive day and wait on customers as soon as they walked through the doors. Sometimes would relieve other coworkers for their daily duties or breaks. When it wasn't busy I would find something to do, which there always was. other days would be working in the back of the house meaning I would prepare food such as taking breads, breakfast foods and meats out of the freezer for thawing or prepare sauces and such for sandwich station. I really enjoyed working with my coworkers, and getting along. My best part of this job was watching customers leave happy and satisfied with there purchase
Summer Job
Customer Service Attendant (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 6, 2015
Tim Hortons is the ideal place for students to find a summer job. They are highly flexible. The co-workers are very approachable. It is a great place to improve your hospitality skills.
Tim Hortons
Cashier (Former Employee), Woodstock, ONMay 6, 2015
I really enjoyed serving customers and helping them with whatever it is that they needed. Especially making their day. Many people start there day by coming into Tim Hortons and I wanna give them the best experience to want to keep coming back.
Interesting and great for a first job
Cashier (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMay 5, 2015
Pros: Discount on items
Tim Hortons is a great place to start working as a first job. It has benefits as well as a great training program for those who are starting their first job. It is an exciting way to enter the world of work when you a great community of employees that are nice to work with.
service
Customer service, Cashier (Current Employee), North YorkMay 5, 2015
I did a great job Kfc delivery and Star news paper. I did on time. But, they are paying cash money. I would prefer get the wages from my bank account. I need work with under the government law. I find a job inside the job. Only delivery difficult for snowing time?
Fast paced, customer service based
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Peterborough, OntarioMay 5, 2015
Pros: good work experience
Cons: small area
Providing customer service to the guests who came into the restaurant.
Learned how to work with the public
Most enjoyable part of the job is working with my teammates and the public
Tim Hortans is an excellent place will productive place to work.
Cashier (Former Employee), Quesnel, BCMay 5, 2015
Pros: free coffee on breaks.
greeting and severing costumers. learnt how to be a better team player. co-workers we very nice but some thought they were better then you. hardest part of the job was to get along with those coworker that thought they were better then you. most enjoyable part was serving the costumers and seeing them smile and greeting them.
great place to work
Customer service (Former Employee), Surrey, BCMay 5, 2015
they teach you many transferable skills for dealing with customers
they treat emp[employees great but not much room for advancement
A work place with great customers, but not so great work,
Store Front (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONMay 5, 2015
Pros: Discount on food during work and could use tips to pay for food (usually)
Cons: See Review for details.
The Tim Hortons I worked at was not as good as I first though it was, and allow me to say how.
I learned how to serve people fast and efficiently while being concerned about my coffee, and ensuring I have sufficient products on display. I learned more ways on how to maintain cleanliness and an organized station through the different methods that Tim Horton's suggested to be taken place throughout the restaurant. With my night shift experience, I learned and understood the strains and importance of making sure everything was done on time, for if things weren't done on time, the morning became a terrible nightmare some mornings. My Co-workers were occasionally selfish in a general manner, and seemed to forget about the task at hand. Instead of per say, stocking the cups and lids that are 3/4 empty, they would rather gossip about other individuals within the store and other customers when the time came. Their sole purpose was not to make the customer experience grand, but to ensure that customers could not arrive to do business so that standing around and doing nothing was tolerable. Customer experience and "setting the standard" was only truly focused on drive-thru personnel, which included the members of drive-thru and usually bagel counter who were apart of that friend clique that ensured an almost impenetrable fortification that you could never enter without recognition of being "like them". If you were involved with their friend clique, you were more than likely safe of being fired because usually supervisors were responsible for starting their friend groups, Management was – more... okay. I can't say too much bad with them, perhaps from my co-workers perspectives, but for my perspective, they did pretty good. The hardest part of the job I would suggest is the maintenance and cleaning. Due to the fact that I was the guy, I got told to take out the garbage and grinds almost every single weekend shift until I mentioned the unfairness as it wasn't a single designated task that was assigned to me specifically. It might be apart of my job, but its not my full and dire responsibility to do so. The most enjoyable thing about working at Tim Horton's in general.. is the chance to meet some fantastic people. I got to know many regulars, and had the chance to make a lot of customers days, and for that, I am proud. – less
Productive and fun work place
Food Counter Attendant (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 4, 2015
tim hortons is not just a place to work,its a place to meet your neighbours,make some friends and create a positive impact on every one who comes through outdoors.
liked it
Ex-employee at Tim Hortons (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 4, 2015
Pros: free lunches, free coffee and small snacks
Cons: rude customers at times.
Was a great experience learned many things, such as dealing with
customers and taking care of store details. it is a good starting job overall.
Emploi étudiant
Service à la clientèle Tim Hortons (Former Employee), Sherbrooke,QCMay 4, 2015
J'ai appris beaucoup sur l'importance du travail d'équipe. J'ai pu aussi voir l'importance de l'efficacité et de la rapidité dans ce contexte.
Productive and fast paced
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Barrie, ONMay 4, 2015
Pros: Discount on food/drinks
Cons: Very busy
My typical work day is immediately busy and continues until the end of my shift. The hardest part of the job is when it is busy and you are still expected to reach 35 seconds or less to serve a customer, it was quite unrealistic to achieve these goals when there is a high volume of customers. For the most part management is good, and co-workers are friendly and a good team. The most enjoyable part of this position is seeing regular customers and they make it fun.

About Tim Hortons

Tim Hortons Inc. is a Canadian fast casual restaurant known for its coffee and doughnuts. It is also Canada's largest fast food – Read more