Tim Hortons Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Service à la clientèle (Former Employee), Gatineau, QCApril 19, 2016
I didn't like working there, they teach me in one day how to do all the stuff and they left me alone for the rest of my formation. The manager is not very kind with his employees.
Fun part time job
CASHIER (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONApril 19, 2016
Pros: Meeting friendly TiCat fans
Cons: It was only temporary
I loved this job as it was completely different as to the other jobs I have done in the past. I worked as a cashier in a fun paced environment at Tim Horton's Field for the PanAm games and TiCats games. I spoke to all my co workers and made a few new friends, I also found the Supervisors very open and friendly with everyone.
free coffee
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONApril 19, 2016
prepare and serve coffee to customers, prepare meals for the lunch hour, assist with cleaning rest rooms and general eating area. cash out customers
healthy environment
Front line customer service staff (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBApril 19, 2016
Pros: free meals to employees
Cons: little bit hactic
Tim hortons is a great experience. on the very first day of my job i was welcomed by my staff very warmly and supervisor cooperated with me at every moment. I have learned a lot like how to be patient and polite to people. Management is very well organized and co-workers are very helpful. The hardest part of the job is when a customer wants or order something and you are short of it. the most enjoyable part of the job is the job itself.
Team Member (Current Employee), Peterborough, ONApril 19, 2016
Pros: Free hot drinks.
Cons: only half hour after 5 hours
It was good. i liked the people I worked with. I would deal with alot of coustomers and had my regualrs. I loves talking with them each day,
good for working around your schedule as a student
Store Front (Former Employee), Grande Prairie, ABApril 19, 2016
Pros: free lunch
Cons: dictate what food you can have and cant have.
almost the entire time I worked for Tims I was a highschool or university student so I liked that they were flexible with my school schedule so I was able to choose the days and hours I could work that worked best for me so I was able to attend school while getting full hours at work.
It is great to work there. You meet a lot of customers and you know their order.
supervisor-customer service (Current Employee), Guelph, ONApril 19, 2016
I love working there and my co-workers were great. I learned a lot plus the customers are great. The hardest part was making sure the doughnuts were the correct ones when baking.
Fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), Montréal, QCApril 19, 2016
Pros: Working with a good staff, giving good customer service
Cons: The Hours
Well, i had a good experience working at tim hortons and i have many experiences where i gave all the customers that came , a smile and also most of all good customer service is what i offered towards to reward them with a smile.
Excellent coworkers, great environment
Cleaner, Front counter sales attendant (Former Employee), St. Albert, ABApril 19, 2016
Pros: Discounted meals
Management was tough on those who couldn't follow instructions, but it was reasonable for the reasons of keeping everyone safe and preparing food at the right time. I learned a lot of skills for handling money, food, and high-pressure scenarios. Co-workers are all lovely and intelligent people. Extremely flexible schedules.
Productive and learning experience.
Cashier (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONApril 18, 2016
A typical day at Tim Hortons was very fast paced and sometimes very frantic, especially during peak hours. However, I still liked my job and the management was very professional and cooperative. The hardest part of the job was definitely dealing with the high influx of customers during rush hours. The most enjoyable part was meeting new people each day.
Hardwork
Supervisor (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBApril 18, 2016
Everyday we have drive thru goals to achieve. Leaned how to deal with customers in different situations. Supervised 13 people on he floor.
fast paced
Store Front (Former Employee), Thunder Bay, ONApril 18, 2016
working at tim hortons was pretty fast on your feet saw some accidents happen with hot coffee being spilled on hands and falling
an ok place when you are starting here in Canada
Baker (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 18, 2016
I was accepted at Tim Hortons right away after application. its an OK place to start. average training, hardest part is when you are challenged by the co workers but as long as you know what you are doing and can retain your learnings fast then you will be fine
Customer Service
Customer Service - Storefront (Current Employee), Belleville, ONApril 18, 2016
Pros: flexibility with work schedule when you're a student
fast paced environment
preparation and delivery of product, health and safety
reliable friendly staff
fluctuating hours
friendly contact with customers
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Ingersoll, ONApril 18, 2016
I started here when I 19. I was young and enjoyed it very much. I learned how to bake donuts and make sandwich on top preparing orders.

I went to College still working here and manage to fine.

The managers at the time were understanding and helped me a lot.
A Fast Paced, Exciting Experience
Food Service Worker (Former Employee), Mahone Bay, NSApril 17, 2016
This was the first real job position that I held. I am ever grateful to the wonderful people I worked with who always made my day.
High stress work environment with little reward
Cashier (Former Employee), Port Coquitlam, BCApril 17, 2016
Pros: Nice people and easy work
Cons: Management and the work in general
Working at Tim Horton's for 3 years was a huge mistake. The work is exhausting, the pay was terrible, and the management was the worst. I don't think I've met a single person who ever said they liked working there. A typical day at Tim's would running around like a chicken with its head cut off for 8 hours. The job is very fast-paced and the customers you generally have to deal with are awful. There were some friendly people there who were usually in high school or in their twenties, but everyone else was not very nice. The staff were angry because of the poor working conditions and the management were just cruel. The was little to no friendliness there. Probably the only reason I stayed so long was because the job was so easy. Any idiot could work at Tim Horton's, it's just a matter of whether you want to put up with it or not. Eventually you get good at the job and you just get comfortable, but that's what traps you.
Fast pace with constant customer satisfaction.
Crew Member (Former Employee), Saint John, NBApril 17, 2016
A typical day at work would begin with all the regular customers, having their orders ready for them before arriving at the counters. After the first few of regulars, other customers would soon arrive and we handled with exceptional care in a timely manner.
I learnt how to multitask exceptionally well. Orders add up quickly, and learning that if one order was going to begin a larger lineup, learning to complete the fastest orders was a necessity.
The hardest part of the job was the minimal space that an individual got to work in. Every so often it was easy to run into another individual because of small spacing in a very fast pace environment.
The most enjoyable aspect were the customers, especially customers who had never been to Tim Horton's before. Giving them the true smile experience was a fantastic feeling. Especially if they came back later that day.
All right place, with good co-workers
Retail Clerk (Former Employee), Markham, ONApril 17, 2016
Pros: 15% discount, free bagels, muffins and donuts
Cons: Standing all the time, very strict managers
The place itself was boring, and the management team would always yell for every mistake. The co workers were the only reason the experience was somewhat enjoyable.
Fun and stressful at the same time
Drive Thru. Customer Service (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 17, 2016
Pros: 30% Discount of food
Cons: Stressful and dealing with horrible customers.
It was fun when most of my coworkers were my best friends. We treated each other like family. The only thing stressful about it was Drive Thru. I enjoyed Drive Thru the least.
Headquarters