Tim Hortons

4.5K reviews

Tim Hortons Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
night shift isnt for everyone
Counter attendant & Food Preparer (Former Employee), Burlington, ONJanuary 23, 2016
same thing day after day. its routine come in do what your paid to do serve coffee and make soups and breakfas go home and wait for a paycheck
fun workplace
baker/storefront (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBJanuary 22, 2016
Pros: free donuts
Cons: enough hour
my typical day at work is to prepare alll the donuts and muffins i learned how to maintain cleanliness inot your workplace the management sometimes is good sometimes its not maybe because its busy the hardest part of my job is when its getting busy and the most enjoyable part of my job is off to job
Early hours, easy to learn
Team Member/Cashier (Former Employee), Okotoks, ABJanuary 22, 2016
Lots of hours available, lots of co-workers made availability flexible
Fun people to work with, easy to catch on to job roles
coffee barista
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 22, 2016
Pros: free food
Cons: the uniform
I liked working for Tim Hortons because the night shift I was on made it ideal for my lifestyle at the time. I enjoyed my coworkers as well.
Productive and Friendly
Baker (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 22, 2016
Pros: Lenient Management
Cons: Peer Pressure
The branch I work at has always been busy, so production was never low. The management is lenient enough, and my co-workers are friendly and helpful. I enjoy interacting with my colleagues despite being at the back house for the most part. The hardest part of being a baker is being able to predict how much we need to bake for a certain time to avoid shortage or excess. Overall, my experience at Tim Hortons has helped a lot to enhance my other skills, such as customer service, and my communication skills.
loved working as a team
Counter Attendant (Former Employee), Port Colborne, ONJanuary 22, 2016
Pros: team players
Cons: working nights and being away from family
a typical day is being busy and taking in all that you have learned in the day, the management are an awesome team, my co-workers are too funny they made the time go by fast, the hardest part was servicing rude people, just being around different people and learning different things
Good experiance for food and customers
Front store cashier (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONJanuary 22, 2016
Pros: Got to work with fun co-workers, and got to know regular customers
Cons: too much of being short staff
Working at Tim Horton's was good, it got me to learn a lot more about serving customers, making food, and work in a fast paste environment.
Fast paced work environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Oakville, ONJanuary 22, 2016
I enjoyed working at Tim Hortons because it was a very fast paced establishment and the hours seemed to fly by. I liked working in a team and meeting new people. I also enjoyed getting to know the regular customers.
Good building block
Team Leader (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONJanuary 22, 2016
The environment is a good place for a starting job. The speed and tasks can mold a well balanced worker. Dealing with different customers all shift gives us well rounded communication skills.
Great team and training
Cashier (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONJanuary 21, 2016
Everyone was super friendly and helpful. Great place to work. Flexible hours and easy going managers. The working conditions are great and they are concerned about health and safety.
It gives you very good customer service skills.
Supervisor (Former Employee), Surrey, BCJanuary 21, 2016
It is nice place to work. It is very fast paced workplace. I enjoyed working at Tim Hortons. It is also team work and everyone needs to do their part to get the work done.
Very Fast Pace Great Team Work
Tim Hortons Team Member (Current Employee), 585 Montreal RoadJanuary 21, 2016
Every shift we work as a team to serve excellent face paced service to our guest to make them feel welcomes and be ensured they get the correct product without waiting forever.
An Excellent Student Job
FRONT COUNTER STAFF (Former Employee), Chatham, ONJanuary 21, 2016
Tim Hortons was the company that I worked for throughout my high school experience! My typically day at work was a 4-6 hour shift filled with many smiles and gracious guests. I built my interpersonal skills, learned hard work and time management while working in this fast paced environment! My management team was absolutely phenomenal; giving great hours, encouragement and always ready to present me with a new challenge or task! My coworkers always gave me a smile, a pat on the back and were always right there to assist me with anything; such as clearing a line, answering any questions and simply to help achieve a task at hand. The hardest part of the job for me was probably when faced with a customer who wasn't in the best mood, but I never let it get me down and I always tried to send them away with a smile if at all possible! The most enjoyable part of the job was there was always something new to learn or a new face to serve, the job simply never got boring and I was always eager to learn.
Very fun, and productive work Environment
STORE DESIGNER - US RENOVATION (Former Employee), Oakville, ONJanuary 21, 2016
I worked at TDL (Tim Hortons) for a year contract and it was fantastic, I learned so much and enjoyed working with my peers.
Great experience, opportunity and training!

Good customer base, interactive, bad working culture though
Store Front (Current Employee), Halifax, NSJanuary 21, 2016
Very much enjoy working at tim hortons. Love interacting with customers, and getting to know them on a daily basis. Definitely my favorite part of the job.
bsy but fun
Baker & Crew member Supervisor (Former Employee), Ajax, ONJanuary 21, 2016
Pros: free foods
Cons: balanced to the team member
bsy but fun just concerned to the mng thats why i quit i love working at timhortons its ok the hard work i dont mind even i do every thing but manager have to have balance to team members
No motivation for staying
COUNTER STAFF (Former Employee), WindsorJanuary 20, 2016
Tim Horton's provides no motivation for long-term employees to continue working there. An employee who is essential to the regular functioning of the store and who has worked there for years is paid the same as someone who just walked in off the street,
Very Organized place to work
Baker/Storefront (Former Employee), Kemptville, ONJanuary 20, 2016
Pros: Guaranteed hours
Cons: Working consistent overnights was exhausting.
A typical day at work would consist of me going in, setting up trays with the products, keeping count of the amount of product needed, baking the product, and placing product in the proper place on the shelf. Also, I would handle orders for customers in the storefront, and deal with their payment transaction.
I loved the Tim Hortons Employees
Cashier (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONJanuary 19, 2016
I enjoyed the people i worked with the most at TIm Hortons. Everyone is so kind and friendly and coming to work is fun instead of a drag. I like keeping busy so Tim Hortons was a good workplace for me.
fun place to work
Cashier (Current Employee), London, ONJanuary 19, 2016
amazing people, couldn't ask for better people to work with , amazing management , for a first job i couldn't ask for a better experience , it would get hard at times but even when it did everyone would work together to get the job done right!
Headquarters