Tim Hortons Employee Reviews

Found 5,832 reviews matching the search
stressfull and demanding
Front Counter/Baker (Former Employee) –  Minden Hills, ON12 September 2016
They do not like you to have any routine set in place for cleaning or stocking. Your co-workers can be wonderful despite management. I learned that no matter how hard you work or how much time you spend there is NO SUCH THING AS JOB SECURITY!!!
Pros
staff
Cons
management
Fun job, Though a bit repetitive.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lacombe, AB22 October 2016
After Convergys, I took sometime for myself, then I was hired at Tim Hortons. After their training period, which was pretty fast, I started out on the til. I got to know some of the customers who were regulars. And I still talk to some of them to this day. The other customers, who just wanted their items, I served as well, as best I could.
They are a fast-paced environment, so I the thing I learned most from them was speed.
The management was very nice there overall. The manager and my mother got along pretty well. That is not something that is said a lot, I would think. My co-workers were all very nice to work with, but there was a lot of turn-over. Still, there wasn't anyone I didn't like.
The hardest part of the job, was some of the equipment used in this particular restaurant was sort of old, and therefore hard to use, but overall it was enjoyable. The customers, the co-workers all made it a fun place to work. Even the work itself was pretty nice.
Pros
Free Uniform
Cons
Old equipment
What I thought
Full time grave yard baker (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC3 September 2016
A typical day at Tim Horton's starts out with trying to catch up on the cleaning and baking. learned how to bake the product and take inventory. Management was fine for the most part.Co-workers like to make rumors.Hardest part was 4-6 part. Enjoyed the benefits
Pros
discount food
Cons
hard to work two jobs
Productive, co-operative, and positive work environment
Cashier/Barista/Store-Front (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON19 September 2016
A typical day within the workplace involves assisting employees with the ability to serve customers in a rapid, accurate, and hospitalizing manner in order to ensure that the employees and customers are satisfied with their experience within the location. In the process, Management appears to be extremely flexible with their employees' schedule. Finally, I had managed to learn numerous methods towards fulfilling roles in an independent manner, identical to a leader, rather than remaining dependent on supervisors to request my person to complete a task.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Lack of disciplinary action towards employees that repeatidly cancel shifts at the last minute
Great work environment, always working together as a team.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON22 November 2016
Working at Tim Horton's was one of the best part time jobs I have had. There was always great people to work together with, and the management and supervisor staff taught me great work ethic. I learned a lot about working as a team and about myself. There were many returning customers that I would deal with multiple times a day who were always making my day just to come in and say hi. There were also days where I have had to deal with frustrated customers, but because of my thorough training I was able to deal with those situations properly.
Pros
meeting new friends
Cons
burns
Worked at the worst store
Baker/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC2 May 2016
I worked at the worst Tim Hortons on the planet. First I trained in baking and everything was okay until I wanted to switch to cashier. Ever since I switched to cashier they had a horrible time finding another baker. Once they did find another baker, the manager left due to staff complaints of him being way too hard on staff. Bounced around with a few managers until we found the perfect one. Currently this manager is having a horrible time organizing everything that the previous manager left. The staff I worked with were great. All except a few staff members who would spread rumours and lies about other staff. No free food, only tea, coffee, and hot chocolate. Only one 30 minute break in which half of it is waiting in line for your food in which you only get a 50% discount as long as your purchase is under $10. All in all the most horrible place I have ever worked for.
Pros
Great customers, free coffee, tea, and hot chocolate, flexible schedule
Cons
One 30 minute break, no free food, no raise, some nasty coworkers
It had moments of greatness.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mistissini, QC13 November 2016
A typical day starts with a early morning shift followed by making coffee once on floor.
I've learned various things working at this location. Such as baking, checking time and temperatures, and the right amounts of coffee that is to be made.
The management wasn't the greatest. As many employees would get terminated on a daily, and new workers constantly quitting which would cause more work and hours to current employees.
My co-workers were fun to work with.
There was no hard part for the job, there was just a lot of work that needed to be done.
The most enjoyable part about this job was getting free coffee.
Pros
Free Coffee
Cons
Constant Quitters
fun workplace
Store Front (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON18 November 2016
people are nice to work with and I like the management team!
a typical day at work would be busy, from 6am to 11am. ive learned that working at tim horton i gained some confident, and grew some personal health. the management at tim hortons is good. i love getting along with my co-workers, its always fun and nothing to worry about when im with them, they made my job fun. the hardest part of the job is multitasking when its busy, because were so rushed and hurried that i couldnt think straight on doing orders. the most enjoyable part of the job is satisfying our costumers with there coffee, bake goods, sandwiches, and soups, every body leaves happy at tim hortons.
Working at Tim's!
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE16 September 2016
Out of all the jobs I've had I think Tim Horton's was my favorite. The management was amazing and were always communicating to make sure everything was alright. The managers made the whole team feel like family and we were all there for each other through the tough and good times. They were very patient when it came to training other employees and always helped out. It was a very fast paced environment which made it very stressful at times but everyone stuck through it together and always made it feel like a nice space to be in. I learned so much through Tim's, especially with handling food and beverages, cleaning things up, and interacting with guests!
Pros
Almost like a big family!
Cons
Very stressful, fast paced environment.
Its very helpful for knowing people very well
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC1 December 2016
I learned the communication with the people and also with co-workers.Management is so good here.The hardest part of the work is handling the people who are in bad mood.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Very good people to wrok with
Cashier and Sandwich maker (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC11 October 2016
Working as a cashier at the front and getting food items finished if needed was fun to do. My job was to supervisor and teach new stuff for a few months. While working overnight shift I was responsible for serving costumer, food preparation, feeling the shelves, cleaning the store etc.
I learned to do cashier work as I did not do that before and to manage different tasks during my overnight shift.
Our management was great and co-workers were our friends.
I enjoyed interacting with public especially overnight as they were coming every night for our shakes, coffee, food.and conversation.

Good place to start working in Canada.
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
It was a fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON11 August 2016
Working at Tim Hortons was a wonderful experience for my work life. I believe that their team spirit the fact that they always took care of their employees made working there a lot better. All of the staff were cooperative and the management was understandable not matter what happened.
Pros
50% off food
Cons
Unreliable transportation
Fast-paced workplace providing many hours
I Cashier/Team Member (Current Employee) –  Walkerton, ON28 November 2016
This is a fast-paced work place which would be ideal for the employee who enjoys engaging in customer interactions. There are long hours, but the time goes by quickly.
Pros
50% discount on food
Horrible
Trainer/Team Member (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC18 May 2016
Too much responsibility for $10.50/hr. Management promised raises but never got them. The people that work there are great, you get 50% discounts which is pretty cool. Wouldn't recommend this job to anyone unless you're in desperate need of a job and need the money.
Pros
%50 discount
Cons
too much responsibility for so little pay
Fun Work Place
Front End Cashier (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON10 October 2016
Being my first real job, it was one I will always cherish. The people were amazing and the staff was very welcoming and friendly. I learned how to use the touch screen POV register, how to build sandwiches, how to answer the phone professionally and maintain a neat work space. The hardest part of the job was maintaining window times with uncooperative staff members but at the end of the day I knew that I, myself tried my hardest. The most enjoyable part of the job would be getting to see, associate and establish a relationship with returning customers.
Pros
Non-specialty donuts and Hot beverages (tea and coffee) were free
Cons
Long hours conflicted with school
Baker
Baker (Current Employee) –  Burk's Falls, ON4 July 2016
Hot and difficult work, poor pay and benefits were good but the work is predictable with good job security. the management is disconnected from the labor needs.
Pros
staff
Cons
little advancement
A high stress job.
TEAM MEMBER and BAKER (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON29 November 2016
You're on your feet for long periods of time serving piles of customers. This job taught me about how difficult customers customers could be and how to deal with them. This job also showed me how difficult management could be. At times this place was a bit of a toxic work environment, but sometimes my co-workers were friendly and fun to work with. It all depended on who was working the shift. When you work in fast food, a lot of customers don't respect you or view you as a human being, and that was difficult to overcome. The best part of the job is the food plan; you get to eat anything you want.
Pros
The food plan
Cons
Unpredictable schedules
Fast paced work and friendly environment.
cashier/stock/drivethrough (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC28 August 2016
It is a fast paced work place, co-workers are very nice and works together. You try and get the orders in and make sure you have them all correct. The work place of this Tim Horton that I work at is a very friendly environment! The hardest part of the job was being super fast past working while working in the drive though, you got certain amount of time to get whatever it is your task is done! But that's what I enjoy the most is working fast with my co-worker and getting it done before the cars gets to the window :) what I also enjoy the most is having able to have fun while working in a fast paced environment and jokes here and there about our working pace!
Pros
staff discount
Cons
schedule management was alright but not the greatest
Stressful workplace with many incompetent co workers
Cashier / Baker (Former Employee) –  Kirkland, QC3 October 2016
-work usually started at 6 for full time workers and you would get a standard unpaid 30 minute lunch break at 11 and finish around 2:30
-I learned how much Tim Horton's values competent workers by giving their supervisors a whole 10 cents extra on the hour for manager like responsibilities.
-Management is a hit or miss, some managers were very nice and helpful (they would sometimes help with labor when it was not encouraged) but others would stay in their office and rarely come out for anything
-Shipment and drive through are the most tiring parts of the job, Tim Horton's requires every drive through to keep a maximum window time of 18 seconds up untill noon. and management expects 2 people to move and organize 200+ boxes in one hour.
-most enjoyable part of the job was getting free coffee and donuts
Pros
free coffee and donuts, a fiew nice co workers and managers
Cons
most co workers work very incompetently and ignore problem solving situations, stressful environment.
Superviseur (Former Employee) –  Brossard, QC23 August 2016
Its an enriching experience to work in Tim Horton since i have done multi tasks and good customer service. I am energetic and motivated and hard worker,positive attitude.All these qualities boost up my days at work.
A typical day at work is Friday where we have the car show where i have to run to meet my targets,satisfy my customer is my priority and work in a team spirit so that we clear the rush.Its a non stop sometimes but the good part is we accomplish great sales,most of the products are sold and we replenish its a positive stress environment because at the end ,I am happy and proud that i have deliver a good service up to the end.
The hardest part of the job, when we are short of staff,I always got more workload.
I had tips with my regular customers,very nice people who appreciate my service and I was so happy to see them each day.
Pros
a cup of coffee free
Cons
the salary is low