Tim Hortons Employee Reviews

Found 5,441 reviews matching the search
Fun workplace for developing interpersonal skills and self confidence
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCJuly 17, 2016
The crew are all fun to work with knowing that we are all coming from different culture and countries. It is also a good experience in developing interpersonal and language skills since the main role of being an employee is customer service. The management team are really hard working and firm when it comes in procedures and standard practices during the operations on a day-to-day basis as well as long term goals. The hardest part of the job is the first few weeks (on training) because everything that is being taught can be overwhelming and adapting to the culture at work is challenging.
The most enjoyable part of the job is at the end of the day, we see customers satisfied and happy about our service.
Productive place to work
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ONJuly 6, 2016
I enjoyed working for Tim Hortons for most of the time I was there until one of the supervisors got a promotion to manager I was treated very differently I was picked on for things I didn't do.
I until ended up quitting The owners didn't want me to quit but I was tired of being accused of things that were not my fault. I would work for Tim Hortons again under different management.The most enjoyable was working as a team player and seeing my co workers everyday.The hardest part of the job was keeping times.
Other employees made the job.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONJuly 6, 2016
Other Team Members were fantastic and enjoyable to work with, difficulties came during the 6am-11am morning rush and everything would go crazy. Something would always go wrong, someones car would break down, we were short staffed, a hockey tournament, that would add to the difficulty. Management would not be very understanding of any delays or hiccups that occurred so it was immensely frustrating.
Pros
Other team members
Cons
Management not understanding
Enjoyable part of the job
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  King City, ONAugust 10, 2016
The best part of my job is… well… just about everything. My teammates and I have a blast almost every single day, and on days that we don’t, we still have a darn good time. Sure, we get a lot of challenges -work load, deadlines and the pressure to be perfect – but I see them as opportunities to see how far we can push ourselves, excel at what we do, and be stronger as a team.
Pros
Free Food(Lunches)
Cons
Minimum Hours
good employees terrible managment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONSeptember 1, 2016
Tim Horton's was my least favorite place to work. My co workers were amazing they always made my day but the management were terrible they didn't take care of us it was a very unsafe place to work people were always getting injured. the management didn't do anything to help us they just put us back to work with burns broken bones and all other injuries.
Pros
discount
Cons
odie the manager
Fun workplace
Store Front (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONJuly 2, 2016
It's nice to work at Tim Hortons but then Manager of the store can't give me/ employees enough hours which i need to find another job. He just giving me 2 day specifically 3pm to 8pm in a week and im about 4 months working there so whats the point of staying there right. Some co-workers are rude and very mean they make everything a big deal but some are nice and great to be with. But all in all I love working at Tim Hortons <3. I enjoy learning how to make coffees, serving customers, and enjoying the day with my teams <3.
Well organized and great learning environment
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONJuly 3, 2016
Tim Horton's is a great work environment, not only did it build my customer service experience however it made me realize the importance of the customers needs as well as the importance of professionalism. Hardest part of the job is not being able to give the customers what they'd like due to shortage of stock, however most enjoyable is when you get to offer them a different option and they're happy with it.
Pros
my team
Cons
short staff during busy hours
Great environment, lots of laughs while working get together
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dauphin, MBSeptember 15, 2016
Learned a lot from Tim Hortons.
Enjoyed working with the kids got along with everyone.
Love working for the company.
Great atmosphere.
What I didn't like was being short staffed.
Want to work for the company still, like I said I enjoyed it all around love Tims coffee, learned how to be a leader and how to put my foot down.
Pros
Best lunches
Cons
Nothing really
Great opprotunities for advancment, and got along great with managment.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BCAugust 5, 2016
Always a very busy place, so always felt like there was lots to do, but hard to get yourself composed sometimes as there was always so much going on. Management was very good about giving you the hours you need, but it is likely you wouldn't get the exact hours you want until you had been working there for around 3 - 6 months.
Pros
Maleable hours
Cons
Low pay
fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Prince Albert, SKAugust 24, 2016
Everyday is busy mostly during morning middayspecially.Ive learned how to be more multi tasker in everything you do but its so much fun. Management are ok as well as the my co workers i love them specially when after the busy hours they are so fun to be with .The hardest part of this job is that when someone didnt make to work and where busy its such a hassle.
Pros
half price for the items
Cons
short breaks
Workplace was productive
Counter Person (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BCJuly 1, 2016
Working at Tim Horton's has taught me very much in very little. I learned how to operate many machines, I learned how to work in drive thru, And I gained work speed and experience. A typical day at work is just taking a customers order and serving them with their order. The management at Tim Horton's is very good, The managers are very kind and treat all employees with respect. The co-workers are very good at Tim Horton's, they all treat each other the same with lots of love and respect. The hardest part of the job is when it gets way to busy for everyone to handle. The most enjoyable part at Tim Horton's is working with people that are very kind and nice.
Pros
Free lunches, 30 min break
Cons
to many shifts in a week
Fun work environment ONLY if coworkers are nice
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJuly 14, 2016
The pay is horrible for the amount of work you are expected to do, and it's nearly impossible to get a raise or advance your career here. The team members and management vary depending on the location but most locations are very rude. At my location the team members were alright and management was understanding at times, but not always. The company itself is horrible.
Environment is very stressful and expectations are ridiculous! You get paid minimum wage for a large and excessive amount of work and stress. The staff discount is horrible and they don't put a single ounce of trust in their employees, basically treating them like criminals.
Pros
Flexible work hours if you don't make anyone mad
Cons
The pay versus the expectations, anount of work
amazing
Team Member/ Closing Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 2, 2016
This is the best place i have worked for. The management was organized and understanding. The team i worked with was productive and worked together, so this prevented stress on one person and we were always able to get things done at a fast pace. in addition, the pay was minimum wage but that was okay because i got a good set of hours per week.
Pros
free lunch, good staff, good management
Cons
no cons
Good
Tim Hortons Team Member (Former Employee) –  Vegreville, ABJuly 31, 2016
Over all it's a fun place to work, the owner is kind and is willing to work around sports and exams. She is very understanding, but is quite strict.
The manager is a bit of a jerk, I've been screamed at and been put down by him for not doing things fast enough for his standards and been told I'm not good enough.
Pros
Free Drinks and Doughnuts on Shift
Cons
Rude Manager, Drive through times are the highest priority
Fast-pace work place with good management
Food service counter attendant (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCJuly 2, 2016
Tim Hortons is a fast pace environment that taught me very much in a very short time. A typical day was taking a customers order and serving them their order. I learned how be responsible, flexible and to multitask. Management was always helpful and the co-workers were very kind and understanding. The hardest part was whenever it got too busy and the most enjoyable part were the people.
great co-workers
Customer Service/Food Prep (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ONSeptember 15, 2016
a typical day can feel long for being slow or could be overwhelming with lots of customers coming in.

my managers are fair and I have no problems with the way they run things

hardest part of the job will probably be having to try to understand customers with thick accents

most enjoyable part will have to be my co-workers
Pros
discount on food
Cons
very unorganized schedules
Underappreciated
Wyandotte St. W. - Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONJune 29, 2016
While working with my employees was both professional and captivating, I felt underappreciated by management. There was no ability to move up in the company, though I tried to go above and beyond expectations on a consistent basis. I also felt that the tasks they placed on me, while I was totally successful in them, I was also being extremely underpaid, only making twenty cents more than my employees, to do more than double the job.
Great place to develop communication skills.
Cashier, storefront at Tim Hortons (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJune 27, 2016
A typical day involved, taking orders, cleaning, and preparing food.
I learned that a business takes hard work from all aspects of the company. The management was really professional. There were many great co-workers that helped each other. The hardest part was making sure you are working quickly. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to communicate with customers and create a positive atmosphere in the restaurant.
Pros
Discount on food, meeting new people
Cons
long hours, gets tiring
Great Hours, Terrible Crew
General Labour (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BCSeptember 11, 2016
The crew members of Tim Hortons were very close knit and this made the feeling of acceptance less noticeable. You want every crew member to feel accepted so that they have the confidence to talk and interact with customers. This was not always the case. It sucked.
Pros
The hours are great for full time needs :)
Cons
Coworkers are not very encouraging or supportive of new comers
Nice place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABAugust 27, 2016
A typical day at work was fast paced and fun. I learned how to handle food properly and be very organized. management was nice and understanding. My co-workers where nice and made my day go a lot smoother because of our teamwork. The hardest part of the job was working the night shift. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with my co-workers.
Pros
they where really flexable
Cons
The pay