Tim Hortons Employee Reviews

Found 6,081 reviews matching the search
Fast paced team environment
Sales Clerk/Baker/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON13 January 2017
A typical day at work would begin at 4 am. Food would be prepped and baked then brought out front for 6 am. Between 5 and 6 am I would multi task between drive thru, counter service, baking and out front food preparation. At 6 am I would go to the back to bake for the remainder of the shift at which time I was finished at 12 pm when relieved by the next shift. I learned how to multi task various jobs while serving customers, relieving fellow workers for breaks, leading a team of workers, filing paperwork and problem solving skills simultaneously.
Teams were established for peak times and large tasks. The hardest part of the job was the lack of adequate staff at all times due to regulations on hours given out weekly by head office.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the fast paced nature and meeting new people
Pros
flexible schedule when permitted
Cons
lack of staff
Got a chance to improve your excellent customer services and hospitality. .
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Eglington, PE13 January 2017
Got a chance to improve your excellent customer services and hospitality skills. Excellent learning experience working with such a friendlier team.
Pros
get a chance to improve your excellent customer services and hospitality.
Stressful
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Carbonear, NL13 January 2017
You need to be able to multitask and handle the face to face contact with the public with out becoming aggressive. fast past environment. adequate hours
Good first job
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Gormley, ON13 January 2017
Working at Tim Hortons is a good start when looking for a job. I learned a lot about customer service and working with my co workers as a team. I learned that no matter what the customer is always right and meeting their needs is always the top priority.
fun and stressful
Costumer Service (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC12 January 2017
I've worked at Tim Hortons a little bit more then a year. I learned hoot be patient with certain difficult customers. Make sure they leave satisfied what ever is the situation. Be respectful and listen very carefully to what people say and order, in order to get everything right.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
not enough hours
Great and fun place to work
Baker/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hanmer, ON12 January 2017
Could not get anymore greater experience for customer service than Canada's best coffee shop. Management is great, coworkers were good.
Tim Hortons Review
Cashier Supervisor/ drive thru (Former Employee) –  Cold Lake, AB Petawawa ON12 January 2017
Flexible hours, early shifts, work around other jobs
Amazing and fun people to work with
Learn something new everyday
Easy to teach and learn
Memorizing customers orders
Pros
Being remembered by familiar faces, putting a smile on everyone's face, starting their day off right
Cons
NA
a typical day at work
Store Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Finch Subway Station, Toronto12 January 2017
I had a great experience working in a busy location.. from helping the crews making orders to staffs supervision is really great. I had a very great team and we all get along. It was a pleasure working to this company as I had learned a lot.
God awful place to work
Cashier and Baker (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB12 January 2017
I worked with people here that have been getting paid the same salary for over 15 years... The owners of all the Tim Hortons in Moncton do not care about anyone else but themselves, people who work there hate their lives because of that, and the worst part is that when you get promoted to supervisor, you get a 25 cent raise! The tips were good though
Pros
Tips
Cons
Everything else
team work 100%
Gérante (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC12 January 2017
make sure your coffee pots are full and better be able to work as a team
team work and how to handle stressful situations
management good
coworkers okey
rush hours are hard but can be done
you dont see time fly
Depending on where you work, managers can be rude.
Tim Hortons Team Member (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON12 January 2017
I worked at a Tim Hortons for 1 year and 2 months, and the management was just horrible, and no one refreshed coffee after 20 minutes.
Great place to work for part time shifts
Tim Hortons Team Member (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON11 January 2017
Everyonr is nice i was the baker so there was alot of running around i had to do with running to the freezer to the oven tobthe til and to the display case smto make sure everythingbwas good and stocked up also handled cash at the til for about a month or so
Pros
It was great
Cons
Just didnt like it
Teamwork makes the dream work!
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Markham11 January 2017
Teamwork is a requirement in an environment such as Tim Hortons. Everyone works together towards success! I worked very well with my coworkers and we always provided quick and friendly service. Our typical drive-thru results on a weekend morning would be about 23 seconds of service for each car, with over 100 cars each hour.
TEAM MEMBER (Current Employee) –  Paris, ON11 January 2017
Just started, but so far has been pretty great. Everyone is so kind, and have no problem helping out when you need it. I feel like I've advanced so much in the month and a half I've worked there.
Fun place with a lot of kind people!
Team member (Former Employee) –  Stittsville, ON11 January 2017
It was a great experience that I got by working at Tim Hortons. I got the chance to meet a lot of friendly faces.
My English improved, and I learned all about the Canadian currency (Since it was new to me). I learned to be fast and get the job well done in a short time.
great place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 January 2017
great place to work. good airport environment with positive atmosphere and supportive staff. they always try to help their employees and staff so that they can grow
Fun
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON11 January 2017
Good part time job
fun
first job
good benefits
pay can be better
flexible
meet new people, potential for growth and learning new things as a employee
Pros
good management
Cons
Wage
Hectic work environment with good people.
Assistant Manager (Full-time) (Current Employee) –  Binbrook, ON11 January 2017
A standard entry-level job for most students. Very hectic work environment, with tight time constraints throughout the day. Hardest part of the job would be meeting all of the production and time requirements of the day while dealing with issues that randomly spring up. Your co-workers and management tend to be very kind a majority of the time, even under stress.
Pros
Fast work environment.
Cons
Lower wages
unhygienic
Barista (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC10 January 2017
Great training in all but very unhygienic, no workers wore hairnets or gloves while working with food and drinks, and very rarely did anyone wash their hands.
Pros
Worker discount
Cons
Bad management and organization
unorganized workplace
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 January 2017
A day at Tim Hortons is normally busy, however they are unorganized, therefore at my location it is usually hectic, however I have learned better communication skills, I have learned how to work fast, but efficiently, and I have learned the true meaning of hard work. My management is not the best, but my co-workers are very nice and well all co-operate well. The hardest part of the job is attempting to do more than one job at once because that is what is expected from my management, and the most enjoyable part is meeting new people.
Pros
Meeting new people, and it is a friendly enviornment
Cons
Management is unorganized