Tim Hortons
3,933 reviews

Tim Hortons Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
overall fun place to work
Team Member/Cashier (Former Employee), Erin, ONAugust 10, 2015
Typical day at work is fun
i learned many things with customer service
management was okay
loved my co workers
hardest part of my job was making sure everything was fresh
seeing customers smiles
Okay place to work, would not reccomend
Team Member (Former Employee), Kelowna, BCAugust 9, 2015
Pros: Staff discount, $2 meal plan
Cons: Long shifts, really short breaks
A typical day at Tim Horton's includes helping customers or constantly cleaning when you're not doing that.
Drive thru in the mornings is horrible. They have window times of 25 seconds and under no matter how big the order is. They'll have one person on window, one person on orders and one person to make drinks. Being the person to make drinks in the morning is the most stressful job. You have to make all the drinks for every order, refill the coffee pots whenever they empty, keep everything stocked and still have all the drinks ready within the 25 second window time. And the window person is breathing down your neck for the orders to be done extremely fast. Till is a little bit easier but in the mornings it can still be very hectic.
During the evening shifts from like 8 to 10 pm it's almost completely dead, and the supervisors are constantly telling you to be cleaning. And when I mean constant it's like the very second you finish a job they'll start getting mad at you and telling you to do something. And if everythings not perfectly clean by 10 pm when the graveyards start they get really mad at the evening shift workers for not getting everything cleaned even if it was a busy night.
Trainee's are treated like completely garbage just because they're new. It was my third shift there and they put me on drive thru in the mornings.
They have a meal plan where they take $2 off your paycheck everytime you work but you get to eat anything you want during your breaks and honestly that was the best part of the job.
The breaks are extremely short. If you work 4 – more... hours you don't even get a break. At 5 hours it's only 10 minutes, and 15 at 6 hours. 8 hour shifts you get only one break that's a half hour long that you don't get paid for. It makes the hours feel extremely long.
Most of the people who work there are teenagers so being friends with your coworkers is always fun because of it.
Management didn't really care if you had a life outside of work. They would never listen to the availability I would give them and would be expected to work that shift if no one would cover or switch with me even if it said I couldn't in my availibility. You have to call like 3 hours in advance if you can't come into work. Which is reasonable if you work like a evening shift. But when I work a 7 am shift it's completely unreasonable to be calling in at 4 in the morning to say I can't work. And if you call in the sick after that they'll make you come and ask for a doctor's note. Like if i'm just at home with the flu i'm not gonna go to the doctor's office because I know it's just the flu.
In my opinon it's not a very good place to work. The best part of the job was my co-workers and talking with the regulars that came in. – less
great place to work
Counter Attendant (Current Employee), O'leary, PEAugust 9, 2015
Pros: friendly people
Cons: long hours
I loved working there, everyone was so friendly. I would take orders, run for products people needed, prepare beverages and grab anything the customers asked for.
Fun workplace environment
Cashier/Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee), Edmonton,Ab.August 9, 2015
Tim Horton's is a very fast paced working environment. Management always made you feel like a valued member of the team that kept everything running smoothly.
Fast paced work place with fun environment
Team Member (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONAugust 9, 2015
Pros: Discounts on food, free food, tips
Cons: Unsanitary environment
Fun and fast paced work place with many great employees. Management can be selfish and unprofessional at times but for the most part they are good to work with. Decent amount of hours are given, and employees are treated with respect.
Fun and Productive workplace
CASHIER (Former Employee), Calgary, AlbertaAugust 9, 2015
Pros: Discount On Product
Cons: Some of th staff were rude
Supportive management, Flexible Schedule, Amazing team members. Time Horton's is a fun environment to be around.
Decent hours and fun staff.
fun at work
Food Counter Attendant (Former Employee), Lloydminster, ABAugust 8, 2015
i enjoyed working with different people because i learned a lot from them im easy going fast learner at willing to learn differrent task. there no such thing for me as a hardest job as long as i enjoyed at work im happy with that. im the type of person that very dedicated at my work.
productive and busy
Team Member (Former Employee), Bloor and IslingtonAugust 8, 2015
a typical work day: its honestly just busy when all of the office people are on break but they're all nice.
what i learned: I learned to make coffee, to use the cashier, I learned about the bagel bar, I learned that you can't do an half-assed job.
management: sadly our manager really didn't care, she didn't even properly train me.
co-workers: all hard working, nice and fun to be with.
hardest part of the job: cleaning the whole restaurant at closing time
most enjoyable: seeing the kids ask for timbits and customers being super nice on a busy hour.
learnt a lot about customer care
Customer Service Representative (Cashier) (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBAugust 7, 2015
Pros: comfortable work environment
Cons: long hours
Everyone out there whether they are in same position or on a higher position are very friendly.I learnt lot about the customer service and cash handling also.
The most enjoyable thing at work was dealing with kids as customers, meeting people of different culture.
Overall working there was a good experience.
Fun Workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Brampton, ONAugust 7, 2015
Had a GREAT team while working for Tim Hortons. This was a part time job since i was in school and i loved the fact that management were very flexible with my schedule. My best job thus far..... :-)
Productive work environment
Team Member (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 7, 2015
My time at Tim Hortons was an opportunity for me to learn and work in a welcoming environment. I learned a lot about customer skills, operating cash registers, food handling and safety, staging, taking and making accurate orders. I had a very good working relationship with my co-workers. I am also able to take constructive criticism positively and work hard to overcome it. The most challenging part of working in Tim Hortons for me was working in the freezer for hours but for the most part, I enjoyed a lot. Baking was a delightful experience as it is one of many hobbies.
productive workplace
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONAugust 7, 2015
Pros: Flexible hours
Cons: Short breaks
Extremely busy workplace. Not the best management but I learned a lot which i will be able to use in my future. I think there are changes that could be made but an overall exciting environment.
Easy, and slow place to work.
Store Front (Former Employee), Brampton, ONAugust 7, 2015
On a typical day, customers come at a steady rate, so I am always doing something. Working at Tim Horton's has allowed me to build my social skills that lets me interact and deal with customers. The hardest part of the job is working the evening with only to people on the floor to deal with store front and drive thru, and the most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with the regular customers that come, and knowing that they come back because they enjoy the way I serve them.
Tim Hortons
Cashier (Former Employee), Milton, ONAugust 7, 2015
I liked the fast paced work load working with Tim Hortons. There was some stuff i didn't like about it working there the second time around, but it was a great opportunity for me to work
What I learned
Financial and Accounting Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 7, 2015
This job was an excellent learning opportunity and I developed my skills and experience in numerous different ways. I learned a lot of things that have been helpful as my career has progressed. I have learned the importance of job prioritization and focusing on the critical paths to success.
Good
Team Member (Former Employee), WellingtonAugust 7, 2015
Fun work Place with supportive management. Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. Would Recommend.
its a fun place to work at.
team member (Current Employee), coquitlam, BcAugust 6, 2015
Pros: discounted lunch
Cons: low pay
A day at tim hortons is really busy but the way co workers work together makes thing easy and help each other. Manager and Owner are always so nice and understanding. It feels good when the customers are happy and they compliment us on it,
fun place with excellent customers
Store Front (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONAugust 6, 2015
Enjoyable place to work, being able to put a smile on your customer's face was a strong highlight of working in the establishment. co-workers got along like a family, hardest part was stock, but there was always someone there to help you
Great customers but limited advancement and pay
Cashier, sandwich maker, coffee maker (Current Employee), ottawa ontarioAugust 6, 2015
Over all I have not enjoyed working for Tim Hortons. Availability is valued over family and physical health. I loved our regular customers and the people that I worked with, my favorite part of working here has been building friendships and relationships with our regulars. Knowing a customers order before they get to the cash and seeing the smile on their faces when the see us makes my day. Our customers like us and our service that we provide to them.

It's a fast paced environment which I like because it makes the days go by quick, mostly tasks are repetitive and there is not much growth in the company. My current manager is great, she is friendly and productive and supportive. I have worked at other Tim Hortons where the management was not as great, so I value the ones that I have now. My co workers at my location are great, we all get along and work well as a team. We all value great customer service and have fun wile we work.

Hardest part of my job has been getting a flexible scheduled that allowed me time with my daughter on the weekends, which I understand is part of any fast food and most retail jobs. It was also hard when I was really sick as both locations I worked at have been understaffed and even with reasonable notice for being sick it was still hard to have a shift covered.

Overall, Tim Hortons is a a fine company to work for wile in school and for younger people who are comfortable working evenings and weekends. I do not feel that it is the best suited job for older people or people with families.
Fast-pace customer service environment
Sales Representative-Cashier (Former Employee), Blackwater, ENGAugust 6, 2015
A fast-paced work environment where I learned how to work as a team and independently. We learned how to set goals, motivate others to reach them and correctly serve customers all at once. I always listened to management and in return the listened to my opinions and ideas. The most enjoyable part of my job was being around the regular customers and putting a smile to their faces, as well as knowing I could make my co-workers day better. the hardest part of the job was the physical exhaustion due to the large volume of customers and standing.

About Tim Hortons

Tim Hortons Inc. is a Canadian fast casual restaurant known for its coffee and doughnuts. It is also Canada's largest fast food – Read more