Tim Hortons

Tim Hortons Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and Fun Atmosphere
Restaurant Team Member (Current Employee), Niagara-on-the-lake, ONApril 7, 2015
Creating fast and effective costumer service, while interacting well with co-workers. Learning how to affectively complete tasks, duties and other small jobs. Co-workers are fun, energetic and some passionate about the job. The hardest part of the day is maintaining Drive Thru times while still having to complete other tasks. The most enjoyable part is making guests feel welcome and interacting with co-workers.
good first job
store front (Current Employee), niagara fallsApril 7, 2015
Pros: free food
Cons: long hours
Tim Hortons is an over all good first time job. It prepares you for future jobs, but is not a ideal career. The management isn't the best.
Gained interaction experience
Team Member (Former Employee), Delhi OntarioApril 7, 2015
Pros: Free lunches
Cons: Long hours and early 6am shifts
Tim Hortons had a good working environment. My co-workers were friendly and welcoming. A typical day at work was interacting with customers, making coffee, along with laughing and having a good time. I learned how to properly interact with angry customers and how to improve my interaction skills.I had also learned about safety in the workplace. The management team were respectful and responsible. They found a way to personally interact with me while doing their job properly. The co-workers were friendly as well. The hardest part of the job was learning how to properly deal with angry customers and finding a way to calm them down. A lot of them were either having a bad day to begin with or were not satisfied with the food or service. I learned how to satisfy them while following the company's policy at the same time. Learning how to do so was tough. The most enjoyable part of the job was having a good laugh with my co-workers and customers. I really enjoyed providing good service for the customers and putting a smile on their face.
Tim Hortons is a very diverese working enviorment.
Storefront (Former Employee), Belleville, ONApril 7, 2015
Pros: Busy days, contant work.
Cons: often under-staffed, low pay rate considering the hard work required to run such a high paced coffee shop.
There are always new people to meet working at Tim Hortons,. It is a good trait to have a sense hospitality and customer service. People love coffee!
its a great place to work
storefront (Current Employee), timmins ontApril 7, 2015
Pros: free coffee
Cons: you never get a raise
I love to work at this place the other employees where great and really fun manager was great I just found it hard working the night shift with a young child
Store front and production
Storefront, Baker (Current Employee), London, ONApril 6, 2015
great company to work for. entry level or career, there is always something to learn in this field. fast paced . customer service orientated
TIM HORTONS NIGHT SHIFT
Cashier (Current Employee), Vaughan ONApril 6, 2015
NIGHT SHIFT
WORKING IN A FAST PACE ENVIRONMENT
FRIENDLY CO-WORKERS
LEARNED TO CLEAN AND WORK IN A TIMELY MANNER, CASHIER AND TO HAVE A POSTIVE ATTUIDE TOWARDS CUSTOMERS.
Good to work
Customer service Representative (Former Employee), EdmontonApril 6, 2015
Pros: Free lunches
Cons: Not enough staff
Typical day tasks are some what physical and you learn lot of things including key customer service skills and stock inventory monitoring
Good part-time job for high school students.
Cashier/Baker (Former Employee), Brantford, ONApril 6, 2015
Pros: The 50% Discount
Cons: Management
This job was excellent to start your working life, good for students needing extra money for themselves. The job offers plenty of benefits for full-time employees and is good for shift work. The most enjoyable part of the job was baking, let you work on your own and gave you a lot of experience in multi-tasking.
very friendly workplace, with adaptable environment.
Cashier (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 6, 2015
Pros: Free lunches
Cons: Very small workplace
A typical day was; working the cashier and making coffee's. I use to bake and make donuts as well as clean the store. The hardest part of the job was remembering all of the orders.
Tim Hortons offered me a fun work experience
Sales associate (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONApril 6, 2015
Tim Hortons was my very first experience in the working field. It taught me the ins and outs of working in a group and dealing with unruly customers.
Its okay
Front-End Associate (Former Employee), oshawaApril 5, 2015
didnt have the greatest time working here, my associates were awesome. but management really took advantage of us and the head managers were usually no where to be found
Descent job
Baker (Current Employee), London, ONApril 4, 2015
Pros: Free coffee
Cons: Low staffing ( some places)
This job is pretty simple, very busy, and lots of multitasking. If you can handle being on your toes this is for you. My store is bad for not putting enough people on in the afternoon.
Cashout Customer As soon as possible
Store Front Employee (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 3, 2015
One day there was a busy day at store so my responsibility was to punch in customers order correctly and clear the line up , and i did it less time . And i got appreciated by my Store Manager On that day
great place to work
Food Counter Attendant (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 3, 2015
tim hortons is one of the place i will love to work again. i just resigned because my ex partner want me too and that time i had a wrong decision of choosing him. nevertheless i learned from that experience
Productive workplace with balance for work and personal life
Team Member (Current Employee), Fonthill, ONApril 3, 2015
Worker would come in ten minutes prior to their shift, then would stock the shelves, fridges, creamers, or anywhere else that needed products restocked. The worker would either work on orders, drink making, food making, window or counters. The worker would stock anything that needed to be filled prior to signing out.

The job experience at Tim Hortons allowed me to be my hardworking, positive self while still excelling at my job. I learned that being personable yet efficient is the key to leading others to success.
Negative Environment
Team Member (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONApril 3, 2015
I worked here for 3 months and right as I was starting to begin my full time postions, they let me go and hired more people. This is the cycle that is Tim Hortons. They hire a newbie for the 3 month trial and right at they start, they hire someone else so they don't have to contionously pay the employee. Don't trust me? Ask other people. I know so many people that this has happened to as well. Overall working at Tim Hortons was horrific. When I started is when it was horrible. They put me in a small room with a computer and told me to watch the tapes and never ever came to check up on me to see how I was doing or anything at all. When I was done watching the tapes for that 8hour period of the day, I had to go searching throught the store to find the manager and tell her I was leaving. When I finally did start working on the floor, I never got trained properly. The videos nor my colleagues or trainer (which I should mention I never had one anyways) didn't train me on how I should handle customers, never taught me how to make a hot/cold drinks or how to handle foods. My sister worked here as well, and if I didn't do something properly she would scream at me in front of all the customers. Which brings me to say, that I was put on the floor without product knowledge which I thought was an assest to possess before being put on the floor. When I finally began to get into the swing of things, they let me go, and hired more people. And that was the end of it.
Productive and fast pace workplace
Cashier (Current Employee), Waterloo, ONApril 3, 2015
A typical day at Tim Hortons includes mutli-tasking by preparing different types of coffees, teas and bagels for customers. I have learned to balance work and school together. I have also learned the importance of communication and organizational skills.
it's fun o work with Tim Horton
Cashier, and Employee trainer (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 2, 2015
Typical days :- On winter time tim's drive gets damage and small puddles witch damage costumers car.
we have put safety pilones but people don't see that and run over pilones and after they end complains .
we have bought 6 pilones all gone

what we learned :- by looking over camera . we have seen mostly people are on phone and they don't see puddles.

Management :- if 3 tim hortons in less then 1 kilometer area
less work and less hours for employee. more work
to finish with less team member work.

Co-workers works very well during busy time.

There is nothing hard to working tim's just general knowledge, and english.

Most enjoyable day when costumers comes tim's drive threw and ask for big mac
Energetic environment with pleasant co-workers
Overnight Team Member - On Call (Former Employee), Kemptville, ONApril 2, 2015
Pros: Free or 1/2 off discounts
Cons: High stress for minimum wage & favortism
Tim Hortons is a naturally high paced job that brings forth a variety of customers and cultures. I learned so much from Tim Hortons: how to multitask, have patience, how to act as a team member & ask for clarification, as well as how to remain professional in high stress times.
Our management team was, for the most part, very professional and mature to customers and employees.
My co-workers were very customer-oriented and very good team players. I was able to confide and work efficiently alongside them.
I found that the most difficult part of the job was when an order was missed or confused with another (language barrier or indecision common issue) but was able to be quickly and efficiently corrected within an admirable timeframe.
My favorite part of the job at Tim Hortons was when I was an expediter for Drive Thru. I would hear an order being placed over my headset, I would get the product(s), anything from doughnuts/muffins/cookies, to cold beverages like ice coffee or water and bring it to Drive Thru and place it in its proper area with the remainder of the order. I would also restock any and all Drive Thru items like cream, milk & sugar.
If I was needed anywhere else in the store for another quick job, I would ensure that my [coffee] maker had enough coffee brewing and was well stocked before my temporary departure.

About Tim Hortons

Tim Hortons Inc. is a Canadian fast casual restaurant known for its coffee and doughnuts. It is also Canada's largest fast food – Read more