Tim Hortons
3,204 reviews

Tim Hortons Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
busy but great place to work.
Cashier and server (Former Employee), Windsor, ONFebruary 13, 2015
everyone was so easy to get along with and we all worked great as a team. i think the the most enjoyable part of the job i would have to say was the customer most of them were so sweet and super nice it made the day go by smoothly.
Great team environment
Storefront employee/Baker (Former Employee), Hamilton OntarioFebruary 12, 2015
A typical day at work was busy and i learned how to listen and take care of the customers needs and the management was really good at their job my co workers were awesome it was a good team environment and the hardest part of the job was when it was busy keeping up with clenliness and serving the customers the most enjoyable part of the job is going in and seeing my regular customers.
The worst job i have ever had...
Cashier, other (Former Employee), Edmonton,albertaFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: free coffee
-A positive point is customers because you get to know them and know their orders.

-I learnt how to make coffee and how to be patient with someone who screams at you for everything you do. I also learned how to do everything you can possibly do at the same time, with people in your way to stop you, because you have no place to work.

-The management was terrible, the owner kept our tips for herself and the general manager always had a reason to scream at us and telling us how useless we were.

-The co-workers were nice to work with, because everyone knew what to do.

-The hardest part of my job was to take orders, make coffees, bagels ETC, everything at the same time because we were not many employees.

--The most enjoyable part of my job was to talk with my customers.

I do not think it is a fair place to work at, because a week after I started school they fired me for no realistic reason.
Unproductive
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONFebruary 11, 2015
Some things just do not change like certain staff who does not work but yet stay and continue to upset good staff who tends to leave.
Good clean friendly environment
Cashier/Sandwich Maker (Former Employee), Glencoe ONFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: 50% discount on food / clean environment / friendly co-workers
Cons: very busy during dinner time
A typical day at work involved serving customers, operating the cash register, preparing food and taking temperatures. I learned good customer skills as well as time management. I learned the proper way of dealing with people and treating people the way I would want to be treated myself. The hardest part of the job was lifting the heavy garbage bags into the dumpster. The most enjoyable part of the job was working in a clean and friendly environment.
Horrible place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONFebruary 11, 2015
There is no real chance of advancement as well as many things wrong in the management. No real rest period as well either just 2 15 minute breaks.
Overall good place to start out in the workplace
Hostess/Supervisor (Current Employee), Sarnia, ONFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: some good co-workers, helpful when learning, good tips, plenty of hours
Cons: can be very dramatic, short staffed at times, doesn't always work with other commitments
Shifts are usually 8-9 hours, plenty of shifts to go around. Shifts consist of cleaning, stocking, serving customers, resolving issues, meeting TDL Standards, and keeping a positive relationship with guests.
Overall good place to work
Team Member (Former Employee), Angus, OnFebruary 10, 2015
I learned how to manage money a little better, I was able to work on my organizational skills, management could use work but they are new too it. Overall it was a good place to work just could not work with the other employees I was getting harassed everyday and nothing was done about it so I left.
already submitted a review for tim hortons
Counter Attendant (Former Employee), Portage La Prairie ManitobaFebruary 10, 2015
fun awesome wish i can work here again especially in the portage la prairie location. hope i get hired in a winnipeg location
Loved having regular customers come in everyday. Staff problems and conflict were a problem which made doing work difficult.
Manager (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: discounts on merchandise
Cons: there was always staff not getting along, which makes your day seem longer than it is.
Working in management was amazing. Handling issues and making sure everything ran smoothly keeps you busy but is satisfying.
Reasonable work place
Team Member (Current Employee), Barrie, ONFebruary 9, 2015
I enjoy most of the people I work with, the manager is wonderful, the store owner can be a tad uptight and the general manager never said any of the problems he has with you or what your are doing directly to you.But my main problem with Tim Horton's was the assistant manager, she is rude, sour and over all an unfriendly person, she never listens, she has yelled at me and other coworkers multiple times in front of customers, she puts down everyone that doesn't agree with what she thinks is right, she is rude to the customers and in my opinion she is not manager quality, she is not even a team member quality.
Horrible
SERVER (Former Employee), Blackfalds, ABFebruary 9, 2015
there really wasn't much enjoyable about the job except some of the co-workers, other then that management wouldn't give the time off I needed, and really didn't care for its workers. The hardest part of the job were the rude customers you would get, and shoveling the snow in -40 weather.
Productive and very customer-oriented environment.
Supervisor (Former Employee), Sharon, ONFebruary 9, 2015
My day would consist of safely handling food and beverages to customer satisfaction in a timely manner while maintaining a positive attitude, working in a team-oriented environment where everyone mostly got along and was nothing but smiles, and making sure every day was a productive one.
customer service
customer service (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: working with customers
Cons: different shifts
A typical day here is to do my baking and serve customers with a smile. I would bake the product and had to have the timing down for the product to know when it was done. The best part of the day is dealing with the customers on a daily base.
customer oriented and fast pace
Manager (Former Employee), Pictou, NSFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: being able to provide the customer with and enjoyable and professional experience.
A typical day would consist of pre shift meeting , restocking depleted shelves and waiting on customers. My favorite part was waiting on customers and baking in the kitchen.
Fast Paced Environment
Team Member (Former Employee), Windsor, ONFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: great coworkers, free coffee
Cons: too few breaks, horrible tips
I will never forget what the manager who hired me told me when I first started at Tim Hortons. She told me that if you haven't worked through at least one pair of non-slip shoes in a year then you are not doing the job right. After working here I understand completely. Tim Hortons is fast paced, meticulous and customer oriented. There are days where you feel like you have walked a thousand kilometers or more and there are days that are slower but still high energy. My favourite part of being an employee there was seeing someone who was grumpy completely turn around and leave with a smile. Tim Horton's attracts wonderful employees who are all a little crazy at times but it is still a great learning environment.
happy place to be :)
Baker/Storefront (Former Employee), Cayuga, ONFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: getting to meet new people
Cons: gossip
i loved working at such a fast pace, it keeps the day interesting and you always have something to do." if you have time to lean you have time to clean" . i expect my staff to do the same. i love making my customers happy and i love getting to know them . when they are 100% happy it means i have done my job!I learned to truly have patience and to be understanding in all situations! Happiness can make a world of difference, especially when you are finished your shift knowing you have above and beyond completed your daily tasks but have put a smile on someones face!
Great place
Cashier and Baker (Former Employee), OrilliaFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: tim bits
Cons: tim bits
I loved working at Tim hortons because of how important team work was for everyone, I loved the hours, the employees and the customers as a whole, it was my first job and I loved it
Great first job
Cashier (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 7, 2015
Helping customers get their coffee and food
how to be quick when theres a rush
Management was understanding
Hardest part was when it would be constantly busy and long orders
Work the night shift
Baker (Current Employee), Waterloo OntarioFebruary 7, 2015
a typical day at work for me include, baking all goods for the morning/afternoon shift, daily cleanup/temps. I also help out on store front when needed. The management at this location is good but not excellent. I love working with the team hear all very focused on the job at hand and will always ask me for help or advice when needed, very much so a team player.

About Tim Hortons

Tim Hortons Inc. is a Canadian fast casual restaurant known for its coffee and doughnuts. It is also Canada's largest fast food – Read more