Tim Hortons Employee Reviews

never knew how much coffee and food go out the window at tim hortons
manager (Former Employee) –  Brechin, ON4 December 2017
i liked working in the baker department especially at smile cookie time seeing all the kids smiling faces and excitement when we give them a cookie fun making all different kinds of donuts
Place to earn experience
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 December 2017
first job as a high school student. hours were flexible but weren't full time. the one i worked at was right off the 401 so it was one of the busiest Tim Hortons. fast placed and no time to relax for a bit.
Pros
free food
Cons
Very busy
fun to work at
Supervisor, Baker (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON4 December 2017
As the baker/supervisor days were never boring. I learned the different steps to making the baked goods and coffee. great customer service experience friendly staff and management and great all around customers walk in everyday.
Pros
job security
Cons
low income
Fast-paced workplace
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 December 2017
A typical day at work for me is just getting the job done. I've learned a lot about food/coffee/cleaning. Being eager to learn and have that willingness will make you keep up with the work. The problem that I have with the management is that they don't rotate some of the duties and the shifts that cause a lot of members to leave the job since we're just repeating the same work every day. I think the hardest part of the job is having the DM around because everybody feels pressured to make the right thing. The most enjoyable part of the job is that we could make our food/drinks with all the available ingredients and be naming them! I also love trying out the new products that we have and be excited about serving them to guests.
Pros
Free food, dental after 6 months
Cons
Long hours and the management
Fast paced, engaging
cashier, answering, filling and support work (Current Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON4 December 2017
I've learned to work well as a team and when it is very busy. Also I've learned time management and problem solving skills. The most enjoyable part of the job was serving customers and brightening there day.
Pros
Good hours, engaging
Cons
No retail experience
Enjoyable work place
Store Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB4 December 2017
Working in Tim Horton's are so wonderful they had team work,respect each other and have a good management. I've learned a lot being a good leader and they teach me how to handled the store properly.Thankful and proud.
Pros
50% discount for staff food
no fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 December 2017
not really a fun place to work. there is no room for advancement. the staff can be very rude at time. the management is not very professional either. not recommended.
It was a productive workplace
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Steinbach, MB3 December 2017
Was a great job with the people I worked with, they did not have great management and was not great with giving staff memebers time off or letting team memebers switch shifts.
Pros
Great employees
fast-paced environment.
Tim Hortons Team Member (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON3 December 2017
At a typical day at work, the pace is very fast and requires a lot of energy. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing that costumers were happy with my service.
Good first job. Teaches important basic skills.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Gatineau, QC3 December 2017
Very team oriented job. Fast pace and busy must stay focused like 95% of the time or there will be mistakes made. You're on you feet for 8 to 9 hours so you're exhausted after a very busy shift. You have to serve clients at a fast speed while making sure you start coffee so you don't run out and while also making sure that your orders are exact and that you don't bump into people with hot coffee in your hands. Many things to think about at once and it can be overwhelming for many people.
Pros
Free coffee and 30% off food while working.
Cons
Long 8-9 hour shifts, very busy and must stay focused nearly all the time to not make mistakes, overall it's exhausting.
fun
Cashier/Customer Service/Cook/Baker (Current Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB3 December 2017
Good pay, Fun, Decent hours, Friendly coworkers and guests.
Management is good and all understanding. Easy work though can be crazy at times. Close to home and in walking distance.
Pros
some free drinks and some free food
Cons
Cut hours back
Productive and had fun working there
Worked as a team member (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC3 December 2017
I loved to work at Tim Hortons. After coming from India, my first job was at Tim hortons. I like this job a lot. All the staff members are very nice and polite. They trained me in very good manner. I didn't know anything in the first, but because of the staff's help, I got to know about everything, like, hoe to take orders, how to make coffee and so on. In a month probably, i was fully confident on my work.
Pros
Good environment
Cons
Less Pay Scale
Robotic
SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 December 2017
Great customers but job is quite robotic and repetitive. Nothing new arises in a typical day except for customers who get irate or are very pleased. Feel like you're working in an assembly line.
Fun place to work and great workplace environment
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON3 December 2017
- learned work ethic and leadership skills
- enjoyable staff and management
- received the hours I asked for
-difficult to book time off
-management loves to advance staff to higher positions
Pros
food discount
Cons
short breaks and unpaid on calls
Fast Paced work environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 December 2017
Overall it was a good job. i worked there from October 2016 to October 2017. it was always busy (especially in the winter). When I first started working there, i was slow, but as gained more experience and knowledge, I got a lot better at my job
My first long-term Tim Hortons job
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON2 December 2017
This is where I learned how to work hard, and work reliably. Calling in sick means you have to get a doctors note. While it IS tedious and expensive (20$ for each doctors note) It also teaches the younger workers to not call in sick needlessly, or to make sure the shift is covered if you really need that day off.

Staff at the 3 locations was amazing when I worked there. All friendly, all hard-working, all amazing team members.

Management had gone through frequent changes while I was there (the main manager went on mat. leave 2 separate times during my employment there) But all were good, kind, honest human beings.
Pros
great staff
Cons
constantly on the go.
Very Good Experience
Baker (Former Employee) –  London, ON2 December 2017
The manager was good, and the staff too.
ِAt Tim Hortons I learned to organize work and time. Working as a team and to be flexible.
My connection with the manager and staff was respectful
Pros
Organizing.
Cons
Not good salary
Do not recommend working at this location on coast meridian
Tim Hortons Team Member (Current Employee) –  Port Coquitlam, BC1 December 2017
Manager and supervisors are so mean and rude almost put me in tears. Do not recommend working here unless you like gettimg teased and yelled at every shift
Pros
Cons
rude, bad environment
Fast paced job with wonderful team
Baker, Customer service (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 December 2017
Starting experience was not too gud.But by the time i learned how to handle everything n with the team help it was really a wonderful learning period to work with tim hortons. Learned to work in fast paced environment with management's help.Hardest part of job is never ending long queues all day n night.Remembering customers orders n making them feel important is the most enjoyble part.
Pros
best customer service experience
Cons
very tiring job.Always standing
Great Place to Work as a First job
Tim Hortons Team Member (Former Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON1 December 2017
I was in grade 10 when I got hired at Tim Hortons and it was a great experience. The management made sure I was comfortable and properly trained at all tasks and they made my first job great. I made good money and plenty of lasting friendships while at this job.
Pros
Flexible hours, safe place, always welcome
Cons
Poor manager, problem with them didnt get dealt with

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tim Hortons. Our community is ready to answer.