Tim Hortons Employee Reviews in Canada

Found 4,879 reviews matching the search
an efficient and supportive environment
Team member/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Westville, NSFebruary 27, 2016
A typical day at Tim Hortons for me started at 3;45 AM, Coming in a little early to turn on the ovens and get the soups started while I waited for my opening partner. As baker it was my responsibility to have all baked items out to the customer in a timely fashion. all product had to be out within a two hour time frame at which time I would hit the floor ready to serve customers through peak hours. Peak hours lasted from 6AM to 11AM , once peak was over i left the floor to make sure the restaurant was lunch ready. Lastly in my day after achieving lunch ready status i cleaned the kitchen insuring it was ready for the next baker coming in.
My time at Tim Hortons helped to further my time management skills as well as my leadership skills.Management was a helpful and integral part of my achieving higher levels of time management and leadership skills by providing a supportive and trusting environment for me and my co-workers.
Pros
paid breaks
Cons
early hours
Enjoyable Workplace
Storefront Team Member (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONMarch 15, 2016
A typical day consists of serving customers and cleaning the restaurant. I learned about proper food handling and good customer service skills. The management is good at Tim Horton's. They are understanding and helpful. My co-workers are very friendly, polite, and caring. The hardest part of my job is dealing with difficult customers but I pride myself on being able to deal with them effectively. The most enjoyable part of my job is all the different people I get to interact with on a daily basis.
Pros
Interacting with various types of people.
Cons
Difficult Customers
Productive and fun. Lots of responsibility which makes you feel important and an asset.
Storefront (closer)/ Baker (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONFebruary 19, 2016
Overall my experience at Tim Horton's was great. The co-workers are friendly, easy to get along with and respectful. My full time position was closing the store which consisted of cleaning, stocking everything and preparing for the morning staff; as well as attending to the customers. It was hard work but very educational to real world situations and learning transferable skills. I am thankful that I had the opportunity to work there and would recommend it to anyone looking for a starter job.
Pros
All of the regular customers who came in, they were always so friendly.
Cons
It is hard to move forward. ie: promotions
Rewarding to know you gave to others
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Orangeville, ONMarch 16, 2016
Tim Horton's is a fast-paced environment with help from co-workers and management when needed

I learned how to communicate to a variety of different personalities and how satisfy the needs of others in a timely and efficient manner.

The hardest part of the day in making sure all work is done and customers are satisfied by the end on my shift.

The most enjoyable part of my day is knowing that customers go home satisfied and happy.
Pros
We get free coffee or tea, discounts on other food products while working and some discounts when not on shift too.
Cons
It can be exhausting when working many shifts in a row.
If it wasnt for my co-workers I wouldnt stay.
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ONDecember 29, 2015
I have worked for this company for 3+ years, I dearly love the people I work with, but the management is awful.
Really upsets me that head office nevers deals with anything when it comes to bullying, work harrassment etc.

The owners are nice, but the company TDL is a joke.
Cons
No room for advancement, gossip, policies are not followed by ALL employees.
Fun workplace with a lot to do and great people
Camp Counsellor (Former Employee) –  St George, ONOctober 12, 2015
A very fun work place that is all about giving back to the kids. I learned to be patient and work hard to get what I need to finished. Management is very caring and supportive to the employees and the children that attend the camp. A great positive energy from fellow co workers which is expected after living with each other for 3 months. The hardest part would be the long hours and little pay, and sometimes not getting a break. The most enjoyable part would be, being there for the kids and the friends you make while living there.
Pros
free food, free living, great people
Cons
low pay, long hours
Productive and Fun work place
Manager Assistant (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BCFebruary 28, 2016
Fast pace environment...
Always busy and makes your day so fast.
Meet different type of people in terms of culture differences
Pros
with extended benefit, free meal, free uniform
Cons
long hours, low income
working as team
Confident and creative team leader (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BCMarch 18, 2016
I got perfect schedule
love to communicate with people
learn how to work in a team
management is perfect/organised
stress in busy a time
working in a team
Pros
standinf free when not busy
Cons
working long hours
Productive and a fun plac to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONMarch 24, 2016
A typical day comimg in early and providing the best customer service. Everyday was a busy from the time I came in until about 11:00 am.
I learned to do it right the first time, Management thought I was one of the best workers that they had.
Co workers thought I was a great team member.
Hardest part was getting the product out to customer in 20 second,
The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting so many wonderful people. I am a people person.
Pros
getting free coffee
Cons
There is no cons. I loved working there
Displinary, Fast passed, Customer Service
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ONFebruary 7, 2016
Working at Timhorts gave me an insight to big corporations, and working as a team member in a fast pace environment, successfully achieving customer service.
Pros
$0.25 taken of salary for unlimited drinks and food
Cons
No chance for advancement
fun and cheerful workplace to work in along enthusiastic team members.
Customer care at store front and drive (Current Employee) –  Milton, OntarioOctober 21, 2015
Working with team members to achieve targeted goals like good average serve times. Management is great, supportive and works collaboratively with the staff. Fun part about my job is helping customers and having to do this individually and as a team. With different items coming out each season, there was a times confusion but it all got better having to explain this to customers and staff as well.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Little advancement
Awesome workplace - Horrible management
Baker (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMarch 8, 2016
The typical work night at Tim Horton's is nothing but amazing. All the smiles and greeting from customers.The lovely smell of coffee and baked goods and in the background the yelling of a supervisor everyday at 4am. In my time at time Horton's i learned quite a bit, such as how to perfectly glaze and fondant fresh donuts.The coworkers and vibe of the company is amazing but i will sadly leave off with my review on a negative note as the management needs a heavy dose of reality to what the supervisors put workers through when management is not around.
Pros
Free coffee and 50% off bakables
Productive and Fun Workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Carlisle, ONNovember 16, 2015
Working at Tim Hortons was very fun but very productive. I always got to work with staff that could have a laugh or two while working. The Management was always very good with sick days or booking time off . The hardest part about working here was that I wanted to advance and go to college to get a dipoma so I couldn't stay working here. If I every needed a job for part time work I would definatly consider tim hortons again.
Pros
Great Managent
Cons
No Advancement
Fast Paced, Detail oriented, Goal Driven
Manager (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ONOctober 21, 2015
I have learned a lot from working at Tim Hortons. It is a very fast paced environment. I have been able to advance through positions in a very short time. The hardest part of my job is the unknown. Not knowing what the day will bring, and instruction that is constantly changing.
The most enjoyable part of my job is the constant learning. There is always something I can learn from or improve. With proper training and support Tim Hortons is a very good place to work.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere, Competitive wages
Cons
Very long hours, Upset guests
fast paced easy to learn the job
Counter Staff (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONOctober 2, 2015
A typical workday consisted of serving customers, cleaning station, stocking paper products, you have one main chore for the day which alternates each day between; sweeping, mopping, lot clean, stocking fridges, stocking paper products. I learned while working at Tim Hortons how to interact with the public a little better. The management style was overall good, the managers interact with their employees a lot and they're easy to talk to , if you have any questions or requests they're good about working with you to get the days off you want. Tim Hortons has a high turn over rate so there are constantly new employees most of them work hard and are very co-operative but there is also dispute quite often. The hardest part of the job is that there isnt enough staff to effectively get things done. The most enjoyable part of the job is the social aspect of it ive met a lot of people some interesting some not so interesting, but for me that was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
discounts for food at your own location
Cons
low pay
it was an okay job
Counter staff (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, ABJanuary 12, 2016
early shifts, great staff, very nice management team, customers tend to be on the grumpy side but overall a good experience. the hours were okay but unfortunately i was looking for a job with longer hours and more opportunity for growth.
Pros
great coworkers
Cons
salary and hours were not enough
Productive and fun workplace
Part-time Baker (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONMarch 24, 2016
A typical day at work starts around 4:30 - 5 am and continues on until 10 am. Time management is very important as all baked goods must be out and ready for sale at 7 am and than must continue to be watched until the shift ends. Working 6 days a week is a solid and comfortable schedule and on Thursday's I have my classes to finish my college course. Being busy is fun and keeps me on my toes.
Good starter job.
Store Front (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONMarch 4, 2016
This is a perfect job for someone who is trying to get customer service experience or trying to get their foot in the door. This is certainly not a job to base a career around.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Poor management
Team Work
Baker (Former Employee) –  Millstream, BCNovember 24, 2015
enjoyed working as a team we all did what was to be done as a group each Holiday was Great our team got to dress as the Holiday season, got to do fundraiser stuff for the community
each shift that was given to us....if we could not cover it one of the other team members would switch days with you to make sure we had our hours

all in all we had a great team and to be called Family
Pros
we got free drinks and half price meals
Cons
we could not do any over time..
Productive workplace
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ONJanuary 30, 2016
Even though it's a good job, I still found this workplace as a uneasy place to work. However, Tim Horton's is a good place to get an experience, improve skills, etc. I learned a lot after working into this workplace for more than a year such as improving my time management, communication skills, etc. Above everything that I experienced the hardest part of the job is when you have the biggest responsibility and you have no other choices but to do it. I had felt this when I am the only one on who they can ask to do the trucks and stock up because I am the only guy who works there besides the manager.
Pros
Having a good relationship with costumers
Cons
Making sandwidches