Tim Hortons Employee Reviews in Canada

Found 5,017 reviews matching the search
Overall, this was an amazing first job. I learned a lot in several areas and gained many different skills.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ONJune 9, 2016
A typical day at work was very stressful and hectic. We always had line-ups out the door that would never end as well as several impatient customers because we were located right on the Falls. I learned so many skills like; patience, teamwork, leadership, independent work, etc..
I made several friends and everyone worked as a team. Their was no drama, it was like a family. The hardest part of the job was getting harassed by angry customers but their were also customers that made your day. I got to meet people from all over the world and got to learn more about different languages and cultures. Management had their good and bad days but overall, they cared about everyone individually. It was a great experience.
Pros
Gained experience, learned a lot of different skills, made friends, met different people, etc..
Cons
Angry customers
Pretty Decent!
Cashier and Barista (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ONJune 9, 2016
Good culture in store, everyone friendly enough. Sometimes became stressful, but management stepped in appropriately to assist. I learned to cope with this stress, and became much stronger with customer service, specifically talking to people I didn't know! The most difficult times came when the crew was surprised by a wave of customers, but these times served as great challenges.
Pros
Free coffee, discounted food while on the job
Cons
Waves of customers
Productive and helpful
Cash (Former Employee) –  Westville, NSJune 9, 2016
Mornings were always the busiest. I was always busy, never bored. I learned pretty fast while working there and also learned a lot of new people skills. I enjoyed being there, everyone was very helpful and very pleasant.
Pros
Busy yet fun
Cons
5am mornings
Average
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Rockland, ONJune 9, 2016
Typical day at work: VERY stressful and you need to be fast.
LOVED my co-workers.
The most enjoyable part of this job is my co-workers and working with others (customer service) and the hardest part of this job is that you NEED to be able to work in a fast paced environment because you will be told if you do not rush.
Its Tim Hortons
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ONJune 9, 2016
I mean you get what you sign up for.
It wasn't too bad, just expect to always be rushed and never get a quite moment.

My boss was really nice, and the team was ok, but surely not a lot of people commutation.

Very much a conveyer belt operation.

Uniform was free, provided staff health benefits, its a good deal.
Long shifts, often overtime
good and fun work enviroment
Store Front (Current Employee) –  St. Thomas, ONJune 9, 2016
i enjoy my job and the people i work with, they make the day seem quicker, everyone gets along greatly, typical day at work, i punch in either work counter on drive thru window so i am constantly interacting with customers
Not the best place to work
Full Time Team Member (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 8, 2016
I got hired at Tim Hortons in Toronto, Ontario and hoped for a good working environment. I didn't mind the overwhelming rush hours but my manager and co-workers are very passive-aggressive. They see nothing but your mistakes and failures. Adding insult to the injury, they're not considerate with pregnant employees.
Pros
Nothing to be honest
Cons
Bad management, Passive-Aggressive
Fun Atmosphere
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 8, 2016
It has great atmosphere within the team members and customers. It might be overwhelming in busy days but the shift seems fast which is a good thing also.
Fun work atmosphere
STOREFRONT & BAKER (Former Employee) –  Elmvale, ONJune 8, 2016
fun work environment
co-workers were awesome
management wasn't that great at the time and problems wouldn't be fixed like they should
difficult at times, stressful
Barista/Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCJune 8, 2016
Worked at Tim Horton's for eight years. its a very high stress job. lots of stress put on staff and management to be prefect all the time. lack of knowledge of positions being put on people. lack of communication between management.
Pros
they try to have flexibliity.
Cons
no communication, lack of effort in teaching or explaning new ideas or ways.
A fun and exciting workplace
Cashier and Baker (Former Employee) –  Strathroy, ONJune 7, 2016
At Tim Hortons one would arrive 10 to 15 minute early, washour hands carefully, and be breifed by the acting manager of any extra tasks to be preformed, and our position for the day. Depending on the job assigned to me that day (cash or baking) I would quickly replace whomer was acting in that area before me, clean my station throught the shift, maintain close communication with my coworkers so that we could function as an efficient team, and assist customerswith their food requests. Here I learned how valuable a well functioning team is to keep up with a fast paced workplace, and how important the customer relationship can be in the fast food industry. The most difficult part of my job was dealing with customers upset with the store and addressing their problems quickly so that our team could make the issue right. THe most enjoyable part ofmy job was the relationships I had made and still maintain with my coworkers.
Pros
Paid lunch breaks, room for advancement
Cons
Inconsistant hours
fun workplace
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BCJune 7, 2016
in this workplace i gained many friendships some of whchi i still keep in contact we always kept busy which was nice as i live to be on the go.
fun place to work
1) Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 7, 2016
good place to work for students and immigrants.
i enjoy motivating my team and giving good customer service.
mangers are very understanding and professional.
Pros
free food, good tips
Cons
tiring work, long hours of standing, less pay
Great workplace environment
Team Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ONJune 7, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of a busy work load that was handled well and with ease. I learned a lot about customer service and the fast food industry. The management worked as hard as we did and did lots to help when we had questions about new products being delivered to the customers. They were always available and easy to talk to. My co-workers are great never had problems with them. They understood their jobs well and we all got along great to deliver the customer top service. The hardest part of this job was on very cold and hot days were either working on drive thru you were to cold to move anywhere or when it was too hot the exact same. The most enjoyable part of my job was that over the years I created so many friendships that I know will last forever because working so much together made us a strong team.
very high stress.
baker/cashier/drive-thru/stocking (Current Employee) –  London, ONJune 7, 2016
As a baker at, my tim hortons specifically, you receive very little help in respect to putting out product. My management became inconsiderate and very demanding of the baker and for the amount of stress and time i had put in there was never a premium for the baking position. All that said, i did become very proficient at my job as a baker and learned to cope with a lot of the stress. my time was managed down to the second between ovens and as a result, if the store was very busy, as it is on weekends, i would rarely have time for breaks, which are unpaid, through the shift. Being a part of a team and enjoying my co-workers really helps get through to the end of a day. For over a year I have felt unappreciated and I have seen the store wane in quality therefore I am ready for a change.
looking for new work
Team Trainer/Member (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 7, 2016
I was a fast worker and leaner . in six months I become the trainer. I enjoyed my job where . so worked as a cashier , and did cleaning , worked as a beaker and I trainer all the new team members that started.
Pros
it was fun
Cons
the pay was not good
organized and busy
Cashier, Coffee maker (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONJune 7, 2016
I would go to work when I was scheduled in and then I would asked where I would be working, which was usually cashier. Sometimes I would work with the food but not always. I enjoyed learning people skills and I didn't like cleaning washrooms.
Pros
free doughnuts and coffee
Cons
bad customers
A geat starter's job
Cashier / Food Preparer (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONJune 7, 2016
Value Village offers a friendly and warm work environment where customers are appreciated and staff members are well trained and respected.
Easy, fast-paced job
Storefront Attendant (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONJune 7, 2016
Very easy job working on the storefront, or in the drive-thru. Extremely simple, and fast paced so your days go by quickly.
Pros
Discount on food
Cons
Uniform
Tims Hortons Thickson Review
Storefront/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ONJune 7, 2016
This job is a good job, I just wish that when I am at work that I would get more help at storefront. There are times that I am stuck with a long line of people by myself taking orders and making drinks for the longest time until someone finally goes to the other till. I did get trained very well to the point where I don't even need to look at a sheet for instructions anymore when making a drink but there are very complicated orders still that I have trouble remembering because of the difficulty with them. The management is really nice but I have been getting a lot of really short shifts and short weeks, for someone with a lot of debt I cannot afford to get only 3 hours per shift so I just wish management would give better hours even if people coming home from school until September. I get along great with my coworkers, there are only a couple of people who seem like bullies toward everyone for no reason and it is very unfair to the newer people who just want to do their job and not have to worry about rude people. The hardest part I already mentioned above and that is when I am stuck by myself with a long line and trying to keep up with customers so that they are not waiting long. The most enjoyable part is just hanging out with my coworkers, almost everyone is very nice and they were just welcoming to me on my first day. I was sitting doing a quiz and paperwork and they kept coming in and introducing themselves. It is a very friendly environment but there are a lot of things that I would fix for sure.