Tim Hortons
3,076 reviews

Tim Hortons Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Headache of a work place
Food Counter Attendant (Former Employee), Kingston, ONJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: free hot beverage while working
Cons: only allowed discount while working
There is a lot of different stores, and different rules and management out there for Tim Hortons around the world BUT, this specific Tim Hortons that I worked at needs a lot of work done to it to make it a good work place.

Management is terrible.
Fights against morning/night crew
Night crew gets stuck with EVERYTHING
Morning crew got away with EVERYTHING
Night crew had too much on plate, and got in trouble when something was not completed. Even with appropriate reason.
When asked to speak to General Manger, was told to make appointment or come in earlier.... even though I came in at 2:30pm every day.
General Manager was very disrespectful and rude to ALL employees
Was shamed on for taking sick days
ALWAYS understaffed
Accused of ridiculous things.

ONLY good thing about working at my specific Tim Hortons were the co-workers and customers who always managed to put a smile on my face and only thing I looked forward to about going to work.
Tim Hortons
Cashier (Former Employee), Victoria, BCJanuary 13, 2015
I worked as a cashier for most of my time at Tim Hortons. I would be responsible for taking care of customers, and cleaning up the lobby.
I was the head of the health and food safe committee about three years after I started. I would check the whole store for any health or food safe problems. Usually it was just changing the placement of some boxes that we too heavy to be on the top shelves, but sometimes there would be more hazardous problems that needed some looking in to.

I learned how to make sandwiches, soups, coffee, and speed of service, and how to present myself to customers.

The management were accommodating, and willing to listen to any requests or questions I had.

The hardest part was the countless videos I had to watch to keep up to date with everything in the store.
I enjoyed the happy environment.
Flexible hours help me especially with having school full time.
Cashier (Current Employee), Markham, ONJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: meeting new people daily.
Cons: having to work by yourself or with just another person during rush hours.
A typical day at work would consist of cleaning dishes, greeting customers, taking orders, and making food and/or beverages.
This job helped me learn a lot about time management, especially when majority of the time I would only be working with one other person or by myself.
The hardest part of my job by far would be having to deal with the rush hours alone when my co-worker would go on her break.
The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting new people and seeing the regular faces that come by daily.
Very enjoyable work environment. No dull moment.
Food Counter Attendant (Current Employee), Innisfail, ABJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: i received $60 for food allowance
Everyday I was in Tim Hortons, I'm always happy. See to it that I greet all my co-workers before I started my duty. The whole staff from management to co-workers are all approachable and we have a good rapport to each other. We always helped each other whatever we're doing. The most I really treasure is the relationship of our employer to us. They are very reachable and friendly. There's no time for me to feel the nervous or even scared everytime my bosses were there because they are really a good people. The hardest part of the job I've experiencec there was my 1st day. Of course, I need to know everything about their products how to prepare it. In customer service, I didn't feel any hardships since I have an experience dealing with any kind of people from walks of life. But now, I enjoyed every single moment day in Tim Hortons because as part of the drive thru team, we need to reach our goal to be number 1 in drive thru aspect.
coffee and donuts
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCJanuary 13, 2015
this job can get to be pretty intense. The one thing that i learnt was to never come between someone and their coffee especially in the morning. I would say that we are the blood in life, most people can't function with out it. Everyone there is friendly, fun and honest. the hardest part is pleasing everyone, because we all know that you can't please everyone. the most enjoyable part are the regular customers who come in, when you see them in brings a smile to your face.
Good atmosphere
Storefront (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONJanuary 13, 2015
I really enjoyed working with this company. I would have stayed longer if I hadn't fallen ill.
More on physical works, need to adjust different cultures
Food Counter Attendant (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: free on coffee, tea and hot chocolate drink
More learnings on baking and managing production as per demand even without the Managers Supervision. Work is more challenging with more customer influx. It takes so much of initiative to manage tasks given with less supervision.

Work adjustment easy with co-workers on the same nationality. Other nationality sometimes needs more adjustments especially on different cultures and practices.

Enjoyable part, despite more customers with minimal manpower we still enjoy serving our customers the quality product they deserve as we are committed to work with quality.

I didn't find any hard part at work as we keep our learning open with full support on our co-workers.
Fast paced
Team Member (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: far location
A fast paced work environment involving a lot of customer service. Learned to provide beverages and foods in a timely, safe and efficient manner as well as working well together in teams.
Friendly-Enviornment
Team Member (Former Employee), Ottawa,ONJanuary 11, 2015
I had a good experience in working there.It was really interesting to meet new people and server them.Co-workers were really co-operative and friendly.Hardest part of the job was to work in night.The most enjoyable was to meet regular customers.
tim hortons it is a good company
general Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: free coffee
Cons: a little bit stress
before we start i do a meeting shift with my staff to discuss any new policies and we need to increase our speed of service to make our customer happy
increase sales year over year and managing the store plus control the food west and give a good productivity
Fun fast paced workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: benefits, room for advancement
Cons: n/a
Always something to do, Always learning something new, Able to usually work with your availability
friendly environment
cashier (Former Employee), 25 dundas street eastJanuary 10, 2015
i like that job because i can handle with lots of customer.
manager was so friendly.co worker so good
Loved working here
Customer Services Representative: overnights (Current Employee), Trenton, ONJanuary 9, 2015
I worked the late shift. It worked great for my family. There was an awesome crew and miss it still. The lunch room had everything you need and the benefits were awesome! If only my car hadn't given out I would still be there.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Cambridge, ONJanuary 9, 2015
Serving guest, a lot of team work, good hours, hardest part would be shovelling and salting surrounds in the winter
fast paced work, great customer service needed!!
Team Member (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: great co-workers, awesome managment.
Cons: non-flexible work schedule
awesome learning experience, providing excellent customer service in a fast paced environment.
learned exceptional communication skills
Store Manager (Former Employee), Brampton, ONJanuary 8, 2015
Managed a high volume workload within a deadline-driven environment
• Helped company attain the highest customer service ratings - earned 100% marks in all categories including communication skills, listening skills, problem resolution, politeness, speed and accuracy
• Supervised 30 employees and monitored daily tasks to ensure accuracy and on time completion
• Opened and closed store, accounting to money and all personnel to ensure optimum security
• Interviewed and hired storefront employees and trained them
• Analyzed statistics and other data to determine the level of customer service performance achieved by the team
Have Low Standards
Cashier, Food Prep (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: some awesome coworkers, you get good people skills
Cons: hardly any benefits
Depending on the management Tim Hortons can vary in experience. But most of the time it is awful. Little to no training, bad pay. Only good part is the regular customers that try to be friendly
great atmosphere for a working class entrepreneur
Cashier (Former Employee), Terrace BCJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: great workers
working at Tim Horton's is a team experience were you may enjoy being a friendly host for a fast pace service for means of great service an quality product, the most enjoyable part about the job was the sense of professional approach
bad experience
Baker/Store Front (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: customer experience
Cons: long hours. bad management. ok salary
My experience at tim hortons wasn't the best. I was a baker and a storefront team member. my job was bake goods for the store to sell to customers and also help out in the front when we got busy. My problem was lack of discipline to co-workers such as being lazy and self centered and not caring but only for themself. management would not do anything about. i had to always clean the back of the store but other bakers refuse to do the same. there was a lot of drama that i didn't want to be part of. i was always getting blamed for other team members mistakes and not cleaning the back of the store. i always ended up having to do it. barley any breaks when i was working because so called we were busy so i would end up working 8-10 hour shifts without a break in some cases not all. worked there for 1 year and only got a 10 cent raise while doing most of other people jobs and doing more work than others.
fun yet challenging with something different everyday
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: free food
Cons: limited benefits and little to no room for advancement
An 8 hour shift on a regular basis would go by pretty quickly because of how busy the place is. Within that time, I encounter many challenges, example, dissatisfied customers,stress of co-workers. Working there I have had the opportunity to learn and understand in depth that everyone one has different needs and personality. I also learnt how to manage my time and multi-task. The greatest advantage for me is that fact that I am able to deal professionally with everyone I come in contact with even if it is for a short time. My co-workers and I have an amazing relationship ( maybe because I am a bit goofy). The hardest part of my job is the customers.Everyone is unique, therefore, trying to please customers is the most challenging. Overall, the best thing is I get to see and learn things I probably would not be-able to learn in the comfort of my home or a closed place.

About Tim Hortons

Tim Hortons Inc. is a Canadian fast casual restaurant known for its coffee and doughnuts. It is also Canada's largest fast food – Read more