Tim Hortons Employee Reviews

good team spirit job
Team member (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB12 October 2017
Management is good,little lack of co ordination.rest is good .
multicultural atmosphere.can understand lifestyle and views of people interest in food and options
Pros
nice team spirit, multi cultural
Cons
low wage, no raise for longer period, no growth
fun work place
Tim Hortons Team Member (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON12 October 2017
As a young adult tim hortons helped me get ready for the real world experience and prepare me for high pace work place and multi tasking. Tim hortons is a great first job
great staff but Managers were not the easiest to work with
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON12 October 2017
I enjoy working with customers and i enjoyed working with the staff member, however the management were the not the easiest to work for. some stores managers can be great to work with and make it easy and enjoyable to come in everyday.
Pros
free drinks and snacks
Cons
long hours with not enough breaks
fast paced
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Stittsville, ON12 October 2017
Busy, always changing environment. Good job to interact with many different types of people. Allows you to use your problem solving skills. Customer satisfaction.
should work hard
Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  Birchmount Park, ON12 October 2017
I was not able to work at most of the days bcoz of lack of availability but the work there is very good and it is easy to learn and there is not that much work load
High paced workplace with various tasks
3 sargeant dr - Supervisor/Team member (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON12 October 2017
I enjoyed my time at Tim Hortons I worked for 2 years there. 1 of those years I was promoted to Supervisor which came with alot of responsibility. I was tasked with organising the staff and maintaining the storefront and the back.
Pros
good hours
Cons
Not very flexible hours
A simple job made difficult.
Baker and Team Member (Former Employee) –  Nobleton, ON12 October 2017
I enjoyed my first few years at Tim Horton's greatly however when the management changed at the Nobleton location the workplace environment became toxic. Work weeks often exceeded 60 hours with only 30 requested and advancing within the company became nearly impossible. Management were unwilling to move around distributed hours and often pointed blame at staff rather than taking on the responsibility themselves for errors and issues. The job itself is simple and easy enough to learn, however staff often times will be expected to go above and beyond with nothing to show for it.
Pros
Tons of work hours, friendly staff.
Cons
Difficult to work with management, Impossible to get time off.
Disrespectful management, rude customers, unsafe environment
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON12 October 2017
The management at my particular restaurant was very disrespectful and uncaring about the work-life balance of their employees (the majority of which were high school students). The work environment was hazardous and the first aid kit was not stocked. All of my concerns were pushed aside. I would not recommend.
decent job but not a career
Team Member / Stand in supervisor or team leader (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON12 October 2017
it's a great job for students but most adults who get stuck there tend to pick on the students. THis location has a lot of drug addicts in the area so you have to be careful.
Dull Dull Dull
Baker (Former Employee) –  Rosemère, QC12 October 2017
Great customers less than enjoyable staff, very unstable and a heavy workload for the amount you get out of it. wouldn't do it again. working nights alone and dealing with the morning rush, always feeling like you're behind schedule
very stressful unless you feel comfortable with managing your own time
Pros
free food/drink on company time

Want to know more about Tim Hortons?

Ask a question
Challenging and fast pace workplace environment.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON12 October 2017
As a young student it was a good starting job that was very flexible yet challenging. I was able to work around my school hours with the flexible shifts. Every day it was a challenge, but it was nice encountering new face and interacting with different personalities daily.
productive, fun and friendly enviornment
trainer (baking, drive thru and store front) (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB11 October 2017
fun workplace, friendly staff who cared, room for advancement great customer service, managment was willing and able to deal with changes in schedule,
Pros
steady schedule, input on scheduling and advancement
Cons
can get stressful sometimes
didnt enjoy it
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 October 2017
i handled the fast pace fine but they ripped me off a lot of hours that i worked for they did not treat there employees well at all and i will never go back
Good workplace to learn the leadershi quality and the management of time.
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 October 2017
professional working environment.
develop the leadership quality.
learn to work in a team to achieve the goals of the company.
interact with the different types of people and help to explore more socially.
good management attitudes towards the workers and give them promotion according to their performance.
very friendly and helpful culture of the workplace.
My first job ever!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON11 October 2017
Working for Tim Hortons as my first job was very exciting for me! I couldn't stop counting days and hours to go back to work because finally after years of waiting I had the opportunity to make money for myself!
fun productive work place with great people
Store Front (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 October 2017
i find working at tim hortons was a good time , was veyr productive , always had something too do , the people were awesome . i really enjoyed going to work
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
break was a tad too short
It's a Minimum Wage Job
Baker/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON11 October 2017
All locations are different, however all locations are unorganized and do nothing to change their ways. I've worked for them many years and no one really cares. The management is never really helpful, and not flexible at all. The most enjoyable part of the job is going home.
Pros
Free Parking with some locations
Cons
Horrible Management, Unorganized, Terrible Customer Service Skills
Alright place to work.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 October 2017
Some days, they don't schedule enough people for the shift, and still expect good dt times, a full showcase, every station to be exceptionally clean, while having a good/fast guest experience. some days it is doable, and others it is next to impossible. the stress put on the management team is ridiculous.
Pros
free lunches.
Cons
short beak times, not enough staff, extremely high expectations.
Overwhelming workplace
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON11 October 2017
Its working constantly and under pressure to get good drive-thru times without recognition or advancement in the company. Management is always annoying and disrespectful like if you were easily replaced
Fast pace, fun atmosphere
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Blairmore, AB11 October 2017
Greet customers with a friendly smile, take their order, and complete their order. Stock and clean each day before the end of my shift.
I learned to have patience and improved my ability to multi-task.
The management is a major problem, there isn't one clear manager and tasks don't seem to get completed by other team members.
Hardest part of the job was having to train people who don't want to be there or have zero work ethic.
Most enjoyable part was all the wonderful customers and staff members.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tim Hortons. Our community is ready to answer.