Tim Hortons Employee Reviews

Found 6,289 reviews matching the search
Depending on the time of day
Front Cashier and Baker (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON9 February 2017
Depending on the time of day it can be easy or stressful. You need a good staff to make this job bearable. I've worked at two tim horton locations- one being my favourite job, and the other not so much. A good job always depends on the people around you.
Pros
gave lots of hours
Cons
can be stressful in the mornings, varies
Fast paced and team building workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ON9 February 2017
Though shift hours may vary, Tim Horton's provides a fair and enjoyable work place. Reasonable wage increases and benefit packages provided to workers is a nice added bonus for an entry level position.
Pros
50% discount on food
Cons
Work hours vary
fast pace work environment
Office Executive (Former Employee) –  canada8 February 2017
Learned many new things.Working environment is very fast and speedy.perfect time management.hard working ,standing for long time at work place.
Fast paced environment with a lot of positive skills to pick up for future jobs
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON8 February 2017
If you work with the right people, your shifts are always fun. Must be able to keep up with fast paced atmosphere, the management are all awesome individuals, the hardest part of the job is dealing with ignorant people and working with people who can't keep up with the pace
Pros
Free food and drink while working
Cons
Rude customers
they were good companey
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON8 February 2017
very good company very nice managers they treat there costumers like they treat there self they thought me how to deal with costumers
Easy work for anyone
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Cochrane, AB8 February 2017
This is the kind of job that is perfect for someone just getting into the workplace, or really for anyone. Its quick and easy simple stuff that will operate smoothly as long as each team member does their part.
Pros
Free donuts
Cons
Busy all day
very busy days during summer, but worth it. management needs some tlc to their workers
Food Counter Attendant/Cashier/baker (Former Employee) –  Hinton, AB8 February 2017
a fast paced environment, very challenging work especially at rush hours, needs to focus on how to manage their staff properly. all in the work is good.
Pros
extra work days
Cons
low salary
Hard working and fast paced environmet
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 February 2017
Working with others was a really fun experience, though you'll have to work very hard all the time. In my opinion, the minimum wage they give you is not sufficient for the hard work one has to put in.
Pros
Free food/Employee discount
Cons
Insufficient pay
Productive workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON8 February 2017
Overall good place to work , kinda hearted people, easy going supervisor.
Hours were well set out
Helped me get experience even for a short time
Pros
Experience
Cons
Fast paced
productive, at times was a stressful place to work.
Hostess/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Port Hawkesbury, NS8 February 2017
opening store bake at 430 to be ready for 6am. drive thru till 1pm. enjoyed most of the customers, as will any place there were a few bad seeds. worked well with my coworkers. management was all about her self. owner was very hands on and worked well for her employes. the most enjoyable part of the job was most of my coworkers and the work schedule.
Pros
awesome benefits.
Cons
no room for booking time needed off.
Tim Hortons
Storefront, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON8 February 2017
I have previously worked in a Tim Hortons location in Oakville and enjoyed it ! I would work on both storefront and drive-thru and got along with all employees.
Fast paced and keep you on your toes kinda job
Tim Hortons Team Member (Current Employee) –  London, ON8 February 2017
It was a good first job for any teenager hours are flexible for the most part and they like to work it out with you to see what works best for you at what time of the day management could definitely be better tho with the way they delt with things and how they resolved problems in the workplace between employees.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Hectic
Good enviroment and friendly staff
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON8 February 2017
The staff were friendly and were happy to help me when I made a mistake, I learned how to multi-task and the workplace was very multi-cultural with staff from every cultural. Customers complimented us on our fast services.
productive and fun workplace
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC7 February 2017
Its happy and nice working in a company like Tim hortons where everyone treats family with respect.I love working in a busy workplace because you will learn a lot of things and gain experience and build your confidence.
Pros
incentives
Cons
stressful sometimes but manageable
I enjoyed it.
Cashier/cleaner (Former Employee) –  Hanmer, ON7 February 2017
Working for Tim Hortons was my first job in high school, enhanced a lot of new skills. I enjoyed the people I worked with and the management. The hardest part of the job was how fast past it was, over all good experience.
Pros
Good team
Cons
The other crew member is not bad most of them is nice
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON7 February 2017
My work is easy. In a week I only work weekend. I learned how to make coffee and others.I know how to earn money. The management is good. My workplace culture? Many of them is persian and we are 4 filipino. The other persian is not nice. The hardest part of the job is when you need to pick up the heavy thingy. The most enjoyable of the job is to make them happy especially the customers.
Pros
free lunch except sandwiches and bagels
Cons
Decent job for entry level working
Tim Hortons Team Member (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 February 2017
My typical day at work is usually has me working early in the morning, and standing in one of three places usually for sometimes up to eight, or even nine hours. Dealing with messes on a daily basis, as well as hundreds of guests a day.

I have certainly learned how to manage myself more working here, and it certainly can leave one exhausted at times, but one learns to power on and not give in.

We have had a odd flow of management in the few years the place has been open, and their has been some good and some bad. It's a matter of learning to work hard to find a balance between staff and management.

The workplace culture is decent, but it could be better at times.

The hardest part of the job is the unexpected problems that pop up from seamingly nowhere, and can be difficult mentally at times. I find persevering through and talking about it helps sometimes.

The most enjoyable part of the job is having great team mates that one can depend on to have your back, and simply make the day go by much faster.
Pros
100 - 50% discount depending on food item.
Cons
Lack of worker protection at times
its a tim hortons
Baker (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB7 February 2017
easy enough work to fall back into put minimum wage is what it is. no problem dealing with customers i know my roll is there to fill their order
fun and awesome work place
Supervisor, Baker, front counter staff (Former Employee) –  Oromocto, NB7 February 2017
I really loved working for Tim Horton's, always flexible, always room for advancement. Amazing training and staff! All around good company to work for!
Pros
Free drinks and discounted
Cons
None! ! loved it there
Great team environment with flexible work hours.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Seaforth, ON7 February 2017
Working at Tim Hortons is a great experience. You learn to deal with all kinds of customers, you will love the community feel.
Pros
Discount.
Cons
On your feet a lot.