Tim Hortons Employee Reviews

Found 7,506 reviews matching the search
great job
Cashier/ Sandwich maker/ Drink maker and close (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON14 June 2017
Mnmanager is super amazing and caring and honestly treats us like her kids. supervisors are friends but they also assure work gets done. Amazing job. I love going into work everyday and I am super blessed to be working at such an amazing store but I feel like its time for a change. I will 100% remember the tim hortons FAMILY
Pros
Amazing staff and flexible hours
Cons
Early shifts
Decent place for a first job for a student.
Cashier/Team Member (Former Employee) –  Dorchester, ON14 June 2017
A fast-paced environment where most people worked together well. However, management did not always communicate well with each other. Sometimes, I booked days off and was still scheduled to work them.
Pros
Free hot drinks.
Cons
Management did not communicate well with each other.
Fun
Counter Server (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON14 June 2017
I enjoyed working at Tim Hortons, its a very team oriented job, you learn to work great with people and stay on your feet and on top of things, you have to make sure your coffees and teas are always timed and fresh.
store front, baking, drive thru & sandwich bar`
Store Front (Current Employee) –  Wasaga Beach, ON14 June 2017
worked the store front, baking, drive thru & sandwich bar, inventory and unloading the truck every week and putting supplies in the proper location they belong in
Meh
Food Counter Attendant (Former Employee) –  Mount Forest, ON14 June 2017
Fast paced stressful, Environment, Lack of structure and no further opportunity for advancement.
Lack of management or supervision allows for a lot of unproductivity between the employees and their work.
Pros
Free coffee and donuts
Cons
long hours, stressfull
Just as you'd expect.
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  10440 Macleod Trail SE14 June 2017
Working for a big company, you get larger discounts for yourself as well as your family, which was really nice.
Everything was handles professionally and it was very organizes.d.
Experience gained in many different aspects
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Brossard, QC14 June 2017
Working at Tim Hortons is an experince I have gained over more than 4 years now. It is the only job I have had, and I started at 16 years old. I built a strong relationship with my bosses, co-workers and the clients. I believe your experience in a Tim Hortons is mostly based on your bosses. Unfortunately, my bosses lacked important aspects in the business- mainly management and appreciating their employees. This means, that I have worked with many, many people as mostly all of them have left. There were never any bonuses, night-shift bonuses, raises, positive feedback, and stability.

Working at Tim's means you serve every type of person. You learn how to deal with people's attitudes, and situations you would never think would happen to you! It is definitely a great place to work if you want to build customer service experience, but 4 years is a bit too long if you don't count on staying there!
Pros
Build relationships with many people, many hours are offered
Cons
A lot of responsibilities, small salary
Average
Kept an orderly and clean area (Former Employee) –  Golden, BC14 June 2017
Take a minute to review Tim Hortons.
Indeed posts your reviews anonymously to help job seekers.
We do not show your reviews to past, present and potential future companies.Was average and a great place to work.
Pros
Free Donuts
Cons
Pay
Great place while in school!
Store Front (Former Employee) –  London, ON14 June 2017
I worked here for the 3 years I was in college. They were amazing with working around my schedule and switching me to full time over the summer breaks. I would definitely recommend working here if trying to get part time employment while getting your education.
Pros
Works around schedule
Cons
Low wage
Tim hortons
Tim Hortons Team Member (Current Employee) –  Pictou, NS14 June 2017
the actual job was fine but the management is not good, everyone gossips an unreal amount its full of drama/ too much and talk about each other all the time .
fast pace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB14 June 2017
managment could be better. cleanlyness for store is very poor. day staff could be very picky and didnt treat me very nice. got a lot of hours and stable job
a good in between job
Employee (Former Employee) –  Tim Hortons AB13 June 2017
working at tim hortons i show up and do my job as im asked and then go home at the end of the day. management was not ideal and neither was the workplace with large ammounts of stress from most of the employees.
Very good job as a teenager
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Strathmore, AB13 June 2017
You learn in this type of job, how to cope with the rush of people. I very fast paced job but get to work with lots of coworkers. I believe these types of jobs are very good for people, gives you a good work ethic with working with others and customer service.
Productive and Fast placed store to work.
Customer Service / Counter Help (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON13 June 2017
Good employer to work for , ok hours depending on what shift you get hired for . Very fast paced and requires a lot of physical labor .
Hours are somewhat flexible .
It's a minimum wage fast food job...it's what you'd expect it to be.
Cashier/Baker/Front Staff (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 June 2017
With small exceptions, most are paid at the minimum wage, or very close to it. It's (in all honesty) to be expected from a job such as this.

Hardest part would probably be the fast-paced work environment that comes with being the most recognizable Coffee shop in all of Canada. So be prepared to have to deal with specific rush hour times where your Store will be bombarded with customers for hours. Opens early and finishes late(sometimes 24/7).

Obviously a lot of details vary depending on the location of the store and what time of year it is.
Busy but worth it
Server (Former Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON13 June 2017
It can be stressful to work here at times but I met some of the most amazing people working here. I learned how to deal with the public in a fast-paces, high stress, environment. I also gained valuable skills regarding money and hospitality.
not the best place to work.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON13 June 2017
Tim Horton's is not the greatest place to work the managers are not the greatest and the rest of the staff is just thrown together with barely any training.
Pros
team members are usually not too bad
Cons
managers are not great to work with.
Fun
Restaurant Team Member (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, ON13 June 2017
Great place to work. Overall Friendly Staff that cares about well being of employees. Fun environment to be in as staff is very welcoming and hard working
Fun place to work
Front End Worker/ cashier (Current Employee) –  Steinbach, MB12 June 2017
The reason it was a fun place to work at is because the other staff members are so kind and loving and genuinely care about each other and it has such a positive vibe to it. The hardest part of the job is probably the high pace because it can get super busy then you have to go as fast as you can.
Pros
discount on food
Cons
long hours. not much flexibility
Fun fast paced workplace, great people.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Keswick, ON12 June 2017
Working here was a great experience as it was my first job. The people were pretty great overall and extremely patient and thorough during training. Was an awesome first job to have to get myself started in the workplace!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tim Hortons. Our community is ready to answer.