Tim Hortons

• Salary/Benefits
Flexible Hours and Fun Environment
Night Staff Baker (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONMarch 6, 2015
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: occasional lack of staffing during busy rushes
While baking during the night shift at Tim Horton's I leaned how essential worker cohesiveness is when only two people are running a store. This valuable lesson is one I intend to take to my career field of design as well any other aspects of my life.

I also would like to praise the flexible hours that Tim Horton's can offer to a student, sporty, etc, which makes it easy to work and continue life as we wish to.
fast paced work evironment
Store Front Employee (Current Employee), Maple, ONMarch 6, 2015
Pros: may have discounts on food items
It is a fast paced environment, which taught me to concentrate on our customers and offer them exactly what they want, in a timely manner. Keeping the transactions and customers needs are a must. The management team were also very friendly and worked around many students schedules. I learnt to better multi task in the fast paced environment.
counter person
Overnight Counter Person (Current Employee), Hepworth, ONMarch 6, 2015
Pros: know when you work
Cons: watch for backstabbing and people who are nice to your face, but will bad mouth you to everyone
its a body in the building mentality. People think you do nothing, and they do it all. They expect that you just sit and wit for people to show up, and that you are doing nothing else.
Overall tim horton is a place for work for everyone!!!
Storefront/General Help (Former Employee), Mississauga, OntarioMarch 5, 2015
Cons: cutting down hours
Tim Horton is my first job when i came here in ontario in the year 2005. I love working in tim horton because of the enjoyment i get from working with a team. When it is busy is the one thing i love about working in tim horton and working with different races of people.

In the contrary, i recently quit my job because of poor management and tremendous cutting down of hours. I specifically asked to lower my hours from full time to part time with the minimum of 20-25 hrs with the exemption of working in the weekend due to conflicts with husband schedule and i don't have a babysitter that we can trust. I expect the management wouldn't cut down my hours anymore because it is already low however, the management still cut down my hours to two days a week for 5 hrs. a day and who knows the fallowing week i will only be working once a week.. Does this sounds right???

By the way, this review is meant for my recent tim horton job located at UTM Mississauga
fun workplace
Bakery and Storefront (Former Employee), WinnipegMarch 4, 2015
Pros: free lunch or dinner
Cons: feel not safety in the freezer
preparing food
provide good quality customer services
learn the food management (eg. how many donuts should produce, recording and counting product )
no pressure if not busy.
the best and enjoyable part time job here, for part time only
Place normal
Caissière (Current Employee), SherbrookeMarch 4, 2015
Les employés ne sont pas heureux d'être là, et il le dégagent, donc l'environnement de travail est mauvaise. Donc une journée typique chez Tim Horton n'est pas agréable
good game lats of fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONMarch 4, 2015
Pros: free lunch, free uneform
the most important is to be fast ,friendly ,clean , respect customers and members of our team , and the most enjoyable part of the job ,that we meet lots of new interesting people,and I didn't have any hard parts on that job
Needs A LOT of improvements
Storefront, Supervisor, Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONMarch 4, 2015
Pros: great hospital staff and non-management team members
Cons: management
The manager at this location does not quite understand how to talk to and respect employees. There is a high turnover rate for employees and low satisfaction rate amongst employees.
Many complaints from employees and customers (regular hospital staff) have been made about this specific person.
SHE is the reason I left and SHE is the reason I will never consider working at another Tim Horton's again!
alot of work for no money
Supervisor (Current Employee), Niagara Falls, ONMarch 4, 2015
Pros: free coffee
Cons: 16 hour shifts someties
great team players alot of work for little money nothig to look foward to in the carrer i cant go any further its a great place to work but i need more to look forward to
Fun and Very Fast Moving work place
Food Counter Attendant (Former Employee), Cold Lake, ABMarch 3, 2015
Pros: 50% off staff meal
Cons: too cold because of the snow
I am working here in 4 different shifts, but most of the time I am in morning shift. It is a fast phased kind of work, people come and go. Basically, my duty is to take the orders of the customer and at the same time I am also the one who is in charge of running the items needed. I am also assigned in Food preparation which is the hardest station at Tim Hortons, I do sandwiches, soups and breakfast.
Being in Tim Hortons is fun, I get to meet a lot of customers everyday, but of course we also have our regular customers as well. The most enjoyable part is in Drive-thru station, it's fun, though we don't have direct interaction with the customers we make sure that they are treated properly and promptly.
Interactive while still doing business
Assistant manager (Current Employee), 100 metcalfe St.March 2, 2015
Pros: paid parking, teaching/training
Cons: pay rate
A typical day at work begins with going through a store checklist to make sure it is ready for the morning rush. Prepare staff with a daily objective. Perform a figure 8 around the store to make sure store is clean, staff are doing what they are supposed to, and observe guest perception. After being on the floor helping with the morning rush I begin my manager work in the office (daily check lists, reviewing logs, working on schedules etc.).
Our location has a manger, two assistant managers, and a few part-time supervisors. The manager is new to Tim Horton's as of this past summer, therefore I do a lot more manager work than my job description requires.
I get along with all my co-workers, we are more like a family.
The hardest part of my job is not to stress out. It can be overwhelming some days but nothing I cannot handle.
The most enjoyable part of my job is accomplishment. There is always something new to learn being on a management team. There is nothing I love more than expanding my knowledge and experience.
Very busy fast paced enviroment
Front End Staff (Former Employee), Ajax, ONMarch 2, 2015
Pros: lots of hours
Cons: moved away
Great staff
Good hours
Close to home
Learned all positions, grill being my favorite
Hardest part of job was being on my feet over 12 hours a day when I worked overtime
Best part working with amazing crew
Fast Paced fun environment
Evening Supervisor (Former Employee), Arnprior, ONMarch 2, 2015
This was the perfect job for while I was attending college on a part-time basis. They were compassionate to the balance between work and school. The atmosphere was great, I worked with fun people.
Productive and friendly environment.
CSC Coordinator (Former Employee), Halifax, NSMarch 1, 2015
Tim Hortons is a very fast paced environment that allows me to test new skills everyday as well as pushes me to my limits. Working here has opened me as a person and i absolutely love working with every one of my team members.
Great opportunity
Customer Services Representative (Current Employee), Cambridge, ONMarch 1, 2015
McDonalds was really a wonderful opportunity before it closed.
Got to really experience first hand what it was like to work in such a high demanding job environment.
Productive and Fast
Customer Serive Representative/Cashier (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONMarch 1, 2015
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: stressful
Nice place to make new friends and become active. It is a place where people with different background and culture work friendly together.
Fun Place to Work
Team Member (Current Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 27, 2015
Tim Horton is a good place to start when you want to gain canadian experience because you get to meet and talk to people most of the time and their management is great and schedules are flexible because the bosses are considerate and understanding.
Fun, Busy, Great Coworkers
Cashier, Baker (Current Employee), 467 King George Hwy Miramichi, NB.February 27, 2015
Pros: great staff, always having a good time while working.
Cons: bad team work.
Love the busy atmosphere. Always nice to have people working as a team. Making customers happy. Always love going into a great work environment, even on stressful days we always leave with a smile on our faces. Love seeing the customers leave happy.
Great experiance
Team Member (Current Employee), Lively, ONFebruary 27, 2015
Working at Tim Horton's gave me great costumer service experience and really taught me what it means to be a part of a team.
job work place
manager (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: work always comes home. on call 24
I worked there for 12 years and had a manager roll and I enjoyed the fast paced environment. I had great co workers. the hardest part of the job was the hours and all the hours I had to work. loved working with a team.

About Tim Hortons

Tim Hortons Inc. is a Canadian fast casual restaurant known for its coffee and doughnuts. It is also Canada's largest fast food – Read more