Tim Hortons
3,081 reviews

Tim Hortons Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Stressful environment, unable to keep good staff or management, not good team work
Supervisor and storefront employee (Former Employee), Moncton, New BrunswickJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: 50% off meals when at work
Cons: long hours
A typical day at Tim Horton's is stressful almost every day. For me, it was the same every day : count a cash, go in the drive through and stay there for the next 9 hours. I would start at 4:30 AM and finish at 2:00 PM. You're on your feet the whole time with only 2 x 15 minute breaks, so it does get really tiring after a stretch of 10 days.

I didn't learn very much, other than handling cash registers and coffee machines. I also learned to supervise at one point, but that didn't last very long, as I was underpaid and overworked.

I had some problems with the way management ran things and therefore tried to stand up and get them to make some changes to make everyone feel better about coming to work everyday. Unfortunately, they didn't listen to their employees' opinions, so they lost a lot of good workers very fast.

I have always loved the people I worked with over the years, everyone has always been friendly and efficient. I have gained a lot of valuable friendships, but like I said before, the good people didn't last long as they weren't being treated the way they should.

The hardest part of this job is coming in every morning, knowing exactly what's ahead. Knowing that you're just an employee and that you're just there to take the order and prepare it. No questions asked.

The enjoyable part of working at Tim Horton's are the tips. I had developed some great relationships with regular customers by being friendly and making sure their order was right every day. In return, they tend to give a nice tip.
Terrible Company
Team Member (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONJanuary 19, 2015
Very bad management that would abuse staff. Lots of bullying in this company that nothing could be done about.
working in team horton is a great opportunity to learn how to serve to the customer.
Team members, (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: packed lunch
Cons: saturday and sunday works.
Serving to the customer has good feeling,co-workres has great team to serve in a customer.hardest time? no hardest time as long as u love your job and u have a good relationship to the co worker and to the customer.Enjoyable part of a job is when the customer is happy when u serving them.
fun work place
Store Front/Cashier & Sandwich Maker (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 18, 2015
its a fun work place. but i can never rely on the hours they gave me.
Hard-working and Stable Environment
Afternoon Supervisor (Former Employee), Guelph, ONJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: coffee on breaks
Cons: long hours
I found the place a stable job for students especially looking for a place to make money before going to college or university. work hours were flexible around when you are available.
A great place to be
SUPERVISOR (Current Employee), london ontarioJanuary 18, 2015
a great place to start off to seek quick advancement, great staff to work with and even better management.
Productive Customer Service Experience
Front Counter (Current Employee), MississaugaJanuary 18, 2015
- A repetitive job
- Learned the things prevailing on the other side of the counter
- Coworkers are cooperative
- Like dealing with customers and talking to the regular customers.
work in a productive and fun environment while learning and developing.
Food Counter Attendant (Current Employee), Ricahrd Way SW Calgary AlbertaJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: 50% discount on employees for food
people form co-workers and to management level are fun to be with..good environment..nice place..no matter how busy the days are...there will never be a day without learning something...you work at the same time develop and learn new skills thru interacting with different people...
Productive and fast paced place
Supervisor (Current Employee), Thunder Bay, ONJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: nice discounts, and fun co-workers
Cons: cranky customers
This is a very fast-paced job, that requires people to be quick learners, and able to do a good job under pressure. There are a lot of things that you need to know and remember to do on a daily basis.
Fast paced.
Assistant Manager/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: free lunchs
Cons: long hours
I personally love working at Tim Hortons, I just would like to try something new and different. I've learn how to work well on a team and leadership skills and the best part about working there is the regular customers you get.
An enthusiastic Atmosphere
Team Member (Current Employee), 209 Pinebush Rd. Cambridge OntarioJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: discounted lunches
Cons: constantly running back and forth
My typical day at work starts off by morning rushes, then off to lunch rushes, and it just pretty much becomes a pretty hectic day. It is after all a fast paced restaurant so everyone is always on the go.
Every team member is assigned a chore or task to finish before going home. Management are very friendly and extremely great motivators and leaders. My co-workers are amazing, we always try to have a good day although the day may be going rough.
Hardest part of my job is baking. I am a Part-time baker and when I do bake, at times it does become stressful because there is so many tasks to do all at once.
The most enjoyable part of my job is making every customer I encounter have a good experience with their order made right and efficiently, and seeing them leave with a smile on their face
Fun at work
Team Member (Current Employee), High Level, ABJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: no transportation
Workplace is fun.I learned to be more patient .The management is professional when it comes to work.We have a good relationship to our co-workers ,fun to be with and we value teamwork.
I dont find any difficulty in the job.The most enjoyable part of the job is during busy hours even if its busy we used to be fun and more effective.
Customer service
Customer service (Former Employee), Woodstock, ONJanuary 16, 2015
Its not always easy dealing with customers but there is a great work environment and sense of teamwork.

Good management kept things on track.

Lots of different people mean lots of different hour opportunities.

Different learning opportunities and many different people and social situations.
Fun, productive, fast paced area to work.
Store Front Cashier (Former Employee), Orillia, ONJanuary 16, 2015
Served customers, baked goods, sandwiches, soups, etc. Handled money, worked under calm and rushed environments with several other customers, developing communication skills and time management.
Great co-workers to work with, just a few exceptional ones
Cashier/Cleaner (Former Employee), Windsor, ONJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: dicounted lunches
Cons: inconsistency of the higher ups
A typical day at work
- I would usually start off work by cleaning. Cleaning would include changing garbage, cleaning the washrooms, washing dishes, sweeping, mopping, wiping tables/windows/counters/ledges/garbage, and other materials in the store that need cleaning
- If I there were moments where I have finished my cleaning duties, I would help at counter.

What I learned
- Working at Tim Horton's made me a stronger being with regards to being able to balance school, sports, family, and work.
- I have also learned how to properly meet, greet, and serve guests to always meet the level of satisfaction that is required for a happy customer.

- The management was very inconsistent.
- Much of the things that were said were never done.

Your Co-workers
- The co-workers were wonderful!
- They always make the workplace feel more at home with every shift I work.

The hardest part of the job
- I would say the hardest part of the job was the heavy lifting.
- The garbage was always so heavy.

The most enjoyable part of the job
- Being able to work with such friendly co-workers
- The smile I bring to a customer's face when I serve her with great respect and full of cheer.
Productive and good workplace with awesome customers.
Customer Service (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONJanuary 15, 2015
A typical day at work would be depending on the shift I worked. Mornings were very fast paced and would usually rotate people from working the till, to making drinks and grabbing food, to making breakfast for people. Afternoons were usually fast to medium paced and usually consisted of working the till and serving customers, making food customers ordered and making sure all the temperatures were where they should be, as well as checking and taking out the garbage's. Night shift there were only 2 workers there so we needed to make sure everything was taken care of. I usually worked out front so I would take care of customers get them the drinks or food they required, do routine temperature and bathroom checks, clean the front of the store as well as the bathrooms and sweep and mop the floors, stock anything that needed it, make sure the garbage's were changed and set up the next till for the morning workers and start serving breakfast. I learned a lot in managing my time well especially on night shift since I could arrange my schedule into how I intended to get everything done, working well with people I also learned in that we usually had teams of 2 or even 3 at times to get things done fast and more efficiently. I also had to learn how to work on my own and under pressure which was definitely the most difficult for me and sometimes stressful at times but I always managed to get through it and gained more experience from this. The most enjoyable part of the job I would have to say would be creating relationships with my co-workers and also my customers. It always helped put a smile on my face when customers got excited by you remembering their orders (usually regulars) and also even asking them how their day is going sometimes helped to brighten up some troubled looking customers. It was nice to be able to do a small part and yet I learned a lot from working at this place.
Productive and busy
Team Member (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: busy days, nice staff, reasonable hours
A typical day at work in Tim Hortons for me is a busy one. I am always on my feet and the day flies right by! I do everything from serving our guests, to making sandwich and soups, to mopping the floors. I get along well with my coworkers, some of my best friends work there. The management there is decent, my manager is fair and usually quite considerate. The hardest part of my job I would say, would be when a difficult costumer comes in. Sometimes people can be rude or demanding, and all you can do is try to make their experience with us a good one, which can sometimes be challenging. Most enjoyable in my opinion, is the work environment, all of my coworkers are very close; also, I really like interacting with the customers. I know my regulars by name and have a bubbly personality which the costumers like.
FAST PACED
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 14, 2015
I love tim hortons, its face paced, constantly learning, great environment, quick thinking, multi-tasking. learning something new on a constant basis
Every day is a different at Tim Hortons
review of working at Tim Hortons
shift supervisor (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: scheduled proper hours and extra when asked
Cons: never had any weekends off
I love working at tim hortons they made me feel like part of their family.
Decent place to work if your just starting
Front Staff (Former Employee), Kelowna, BCJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: meet people
Cons: brutal wages/ advancement opportunities
This job is very fast paced. Between pushing out orders grabbing various items for the customer and cleaning up and stocking you are almost constantly busy. However, there is still time to make lifelong friends with your coworkers and customers so that is the most enjoyable part of the job. You learn to multi task and provide good customer service.

About Tim Hortons

Tim Hortons Inc. is a Canadian fast casual restaurant known for its coffee and doughnuts. It is also Canada's largest fast food – Read more