Tim Hortons Employee Reviews

Found 6,293 reviews matching the search
Busy and faced paced
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB13 February 2017
Always busy, faced paced and chaotic. Not a lot of balance between work and family.

Hardest part of the job is trying to get all the tasks done that are management only, plus be the back bone on the floor and get the order and inventory and scheduling done all in a 8 hour shift.

Best part of my job is seeing my regulars and puttong a smile on their face.
Pros
Customer relations
Cons
Stressful, little family/work balance
good comfortable environment
Baker (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 February 2017
The payment and the work hours are not satisfactory.
but had a good and friendly atmosphere.
Worked in midnight.
Worked in fast paced environment on almost every fridays and saturdays.
Good management and sttaffs.great team work.
Pros
friendly environment and good team
Cons
limited work hours and minimum payment
Overall a decent fast-faced work envirnment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  London, ON13 February 2017
worked there for about 4 years total, very fast paced. The staff are overall pretty friendly and helpful. Hardest part of the job was being as quick as possible when making coffee in the morning, best part of the job was the discounts on food and beverages and how quickly the time would go by.
nice hours
Head Trainer/Management/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 February 2017
very fun to work at with certain owners but can be very frustrating because of some customers but again frustrating because of the speed of service that they want you to keep with and all the regulations with very little staff.
Pros
food
Cons
Fun & productive place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Portage la Prairie, MB12 February 2017
A good stepping stone or part time job. You making lasting friendships and learn a lot about work responsibilities. It is very fast paced & keeps you on your feet.
productive and fun workplace
Food Counter Attendant (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB12 February 2017
fun place to wok with. excellent customer interaction. and you will have the opportunity to grow as an individual. you will learn everything from self respect self discipline team work and cooperation
Day at Tim Hortons
Tim Hortons Team Member (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 February 2017
The hardest part of the job is doing your best and not having it be enough. Then always being to first person that gets ridiculed and critzied over the same person who makes the same mistakes.
Pros
Tims card. Every month
Cons
Not a good environment
Productive and interactive Workplace
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Gore and Queen St. East, Brampton , ON11 February 2017
Working at Tim Hortons helps to build up your confidence to interact with the people whether its your customers or your team members coming from different culture and different countries.
Pros
Lunch
Cons
extremely busy
Hard to be motivated to put in extra effort
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON11 February 2017
They often let people stay past their probationary period, not good for people who don't enjoy working with slackers. Lack of benefits in doing anything above the minimum standard.
The management made the job unbearable
Customer Service Representative Tim Hortons (Current Employee) –  Campbellford, ON11 February 2017
I disliked the job for the 4 years that I worked there, due to the management and constant bullying, and never had any opportunities for advancement even though I had been there for longer than most of the teenagers that kept getting the advancement opportunities
Pros
The other employees
great environment
team member (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON11 February 2017
At Tim Hortons I learned how to communicate with customer and multitask.A typical day is more likely to be busy. The most enjoyable part is that u learn new things everyday and u also get to interact with various type of people.
Pros
always active
Cons
no free snack
No future
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB11 February 2017
I didn't see a future working at Tim hortons, it was just a temporary job, it was fun for I worked with my older sister and also enjoyed my other coworkers.
Pros
Free coffee
my experience
Employee (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ON11 February 2017
my experience at Tim Hortons was pretty good, i enjoyed working with everyone that i worked with, i learned a lot more when it comes to customer service.
Pros
50% off meal
Cons
family working with family
Fun work place, good staff and good management
Tim Hortons Team Member ( Baker) (Former Employee) –  ile des soeurs, Montreal11 February 2017
Nice work place, great environment. Small place but great sales and more staff. Little bit conjusted and at times difficult to work. Good manager who always tries to help and improve the work environment.
Pros
Good work shifts
Cons
Less salary
Depends on the location
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON10 February 2017
Sometimes busy and sometimes not overly. I have learnt that if you work as a team you get more accomplished and that sometimes you just have to let things be. Depending on the store and the owner management can be awesome some can just be down right horrible, but that can happen anywhere. It is a fast paced job with quite a bit of pressure from Head Office who it seems has never worked in a store in their lives because the expectations are not worth the pay, hence the high turn over rates. There isn't much respect from head office to the people in the stores. Would be nice if the CEOs etc actually showed some appreciation in some form. They also need to be realistic in their business planning. Sometimes it looks wonderful on paper, but execute it and see how it works in your stores.
Enjoyable part of the day is if you work with awesome people and the day goes well.
Pros
First uniform free
Cons
Under appreciated, to much pressure from head office.
Busiest location with joyful people all around
Team Member/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC10 February 2017
Its always busy no matter whether its weekday or weekend . Learnt how to work as a team and achieve the target . Enjoyable part of the job is when you get break during the shift . Hardest is to be superquick even when you dont feel like . .
Improves organizational skills and communication skills
Tim Hortons Team Member (Former Employee) –  Mc Vean, brampton10 February 2017
My experience while working at times hortons was excellent. It developed my communication skills. I developed good workplace relations and good cooperation with my co-workers.
Pros
Paid break
Its good
Customer Service Representative/ Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON10 February 2017
its good, fun, and i really enjoy working there cause of the great mangement team that they have there, also the franchise owner is real nice guy.
Pros
free lunches
supervisor
Tim Hortons Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON10 February 2017
I loved being a supervisor at Tim Horton. By far my best job. I had about 5-7 different team members that I worked with. On a typical day at work i'd start by getting to work and making sure everyone is where there supposed to be, seeing if theirs staff to be trained, or any notes left from the mangers. Then make sure everyone gets their breaks on time and making sure chores are done as well.
Kept busy with chores
Team Member/Store Front (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON10 February 2017
Working at Tim Hortons was very educational. It had long work hours but it kept you busy which made the day go faster. The management was not very organized. We wouldn't get our schedule until late in the week sometimes. They also changed the schedule without telling you. The store itself was not kept organized. We would have to run around looking for many things. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the shipments in the afternoon. The most enjoyable part of the job was my fellow employees who made the day fun.
Pros
Friendly employees