Tim Hortons Employee Reviews

Found 7,751 reviews matching the search
fun workplace with great and very different people
Baker (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON18 July 2017
Tim Horton's is a great work place if i didn't move i would still be working there. i was a baker and what i have learned is baking is not for young people who like to talk, its for people who like to be independent. i would skill like to work with Tim Horton's but i would like to work in the front.
Pros
free food and drinks when your on your brake
Cons
the hourly log ins
good job
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Brockville, ON18 July 2017
a typical day is very busy ,keeping the team together , achieving times in the drive thru ,also helping the staff achieve goals
I feel the hardest part of the job is keeping the staff focused
the most enjoyable part of the job is customer service and making their day
Pros
fast paced enviroment
Cons
hours
Great for work experience.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON Lethbridge, AB18 July 2017
I didn't say that it was good work experience. Working as a team leader but after the years the company was no longer about the community. The customer service has been ignored leaving myself and many other workers to lose their passion for a once great company.
Pros
Meeting all kinds of different people as well as developing long lasting connections.
Cons
Poor management.
productif et agréable
Service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC17 July 2017
Membre d'équipe du service à la clientèle. accueillir les clients chaleureusement
fun and time fly so fast because its always busy & i like that.
Front & Drive Thru Team Member (Current Employee) –  Veteran, AB17 July 2017
it's always fun to work at tims because of some people who are funny to work with. the problem is some don't care for others, less team work and doesn't have the proper designation of duties and responsibilities.
Pros
free hot drinks and baked goods
Tims
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Bolton, ON17 July 2017
Meeting new people is probably the one thing that interests me about the job. Having rude and arrogant customers can be a toll on yourself. Honestly, the salary should be much higher for the things you do it at this place.
great work place
Tim Hortons Team Member (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON17 July 2017
awsome management, great hours,they are very flexable, great team players, and just an over all amazing place to be.Very energetic. fun place to work all around.
Pros
free coffees/teas
Cons
non
great place to start
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC17 July 2017
Great place to start off for people just coming into the work place or returning. Flexible hours. Okay benefits. Room for advancement. Fun place to work. Fast paced.
boring
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  King City, ON17 July 2017
had to do too much work. Really far from where i live. Learned how to make coffee. Working here was not that great in my opinion. The training I received was from a computer and they expected me to know everything in the first day.
Pros
free coffee
productive and fun workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON17 July 2017
It was well at first was getting great shifts, then they hired to many people and i was only working 1-3 times a week, turned very bad very quick. After asking for more shifts they said they would never did i enjoy working at Tim Hortons if i where to get more then two shifts a week.
Pros
gaining work experience
Cons
not enough hours
Good Workplace Life
Team member (Current Employee) –  Lanark, ON17 July 2017
Tim Hortons is a good place to work when you are starting out in the work force it helps you gain valuable work experience that every young worker needs to succeed in the world. Tim Hortons provides a clean and good work life experience.
Pros
Free Food and coffee, Clean work place
Cons
not enough hours, scattered hours not very consistent
Good first job
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cold Lake, AB17 July 2017
It has taught me how to do things, that I never thought possible that I could do. Also has given me the information I need to do anything else I want to do better.
Job was great
Tim Hortons Team Member (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL16 July 2017
Job was great my boss was horrible also her sister was the owner so she got away with everything. And she also had her favorite staff members that got treated great.
Pros
Healthcare dental
Cons
Hot
Fast paced environment with many opportunities to learn.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 July 2017
Fast paced environment that allows you to improve your customer service skills. Communication between the employees and customer is imperative for flawless service. Certain amount of time is also necessary to be slotted to cleaning, stocking, and upkeep of store. Diverse group of people, allows for a fun and inclusive workplace environment.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Always standing
Educational but too demanding
Storefront Team Member (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON15 July 2017
I enjoyed my job for the first six months, but pressure from the higher-ups has led to increased pressure, harder and longer work hours, and a general feeling of underappreciation. My favourite part was the regulars and customer service.
Pros
Free drinks, lots of hours, work community
Cons
Excessive pressure, short breaks, overwork, inflexible schedule
Enjoyed working at Tim Hortons
Tim Hortons Team Member (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON15 July 2017
Enjoyed working various tasks such as store front and drive thru.
Enjoyed meeting lots of interesting people. Typical day - check your position - I was at drive thru window most of the time. Enjoyed the fast pace environment. Hardest part was when it was too quiet.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
sometimes too quiet.
Fast-paced work environment
Cashier/Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Carleton Place, ON15 July 2017
Working at Tim Hortons may be stressful at times as a result of the speed needed to get customers orders out efficiently. However, it is very team oriented and if you enjoy feeling as though you are part of a family this is the right job for you.
Great staff and management at this location
Team Member/Cashier (Current Employee) –  London, ON15 July 2017
Rushed off your feet most days. I learned many aspects of restaurant duties. Many of the staff are a lot of fun. Some not so much or have poor work ethic. That makes it really hard. The hardest part is no break unless working over a 5 hour shift. Sandwich Unit is also very difficult if only one working. Should be two on most times even then can get horribly busy and you can never be fast enough.
Pros
staff discount
Cons
no break for 5 hours.
Learning to work with others, and customer service
Bagel station, Cleaning, Prep, Cashier (Current Employee) –  4696 Yonge St, North York, ON M2N 5M215 July 2017
Learning to working as a team has helped me understand the importance of getting work done and reassuring the customers needs , by working at a quick paste.
Pros
Free lunches on break
Cons
Getting dehydrated frequently
Overall good expeirence
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Ancaster, ON15 July 2017
As a part time job, Tim Hortons was able to give me all the benefits a part time job should. The were flexible with hours and treated me very well. However, I found that the hygiene and cleanliness of the store was lacking and they could implement better procedures to prevent this.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Cleanliness

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tim Hortons. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval