Tim Hortons Employee Reviews

Found 7,275 reviews matching the search
great place to work
Crew member/ Baker (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON19 May 2017
it has some problems but your going to run into that anywhere you go. after my last job i have no complaints here except for being short staffed. they are very understanding when it comes to mental health and staff is very friendly and make you feel included and important.
Pros
30%off and free coffee
Cons
short staff. get called in alot
Pas beaucoup d'avantages
Caissière (Current Employee) –  Warwick, QC19 May 2017
J'ai commencé à travailler au Tim Hortons quand la pauses étaient payées. Maintenant, la pause n'est plus payés et nous n'avons que 30 minutes de repos alors que nous sommes toujours debout, en déplacement, soulever plusieurs choses pendant la journée. L'avantage qui rend le travaille agréable est le pourboire, le contact avec plein de gens et le fait que je suis polyvalente pour tous les postes qu'il y a (service au volant, sandwitch, production de beignes, caisses à l’intérieure)
Pros
Pourboire
Cons
Pause non-rémunérée
Good part time job
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Bolton, ON19 May 2017
Good for a part time job. This job at Tim Hortons has allowed me to work in a fast paced environment gaining great experience in dealing with the public.
A great place to work!
Tim Hortons Team Member (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON19 May 2017
Tim Hortons was a great place for me to learn how to work in a fast paced environment. Since Tim Hortons is open 24/7, I was able to work very early in the morning which was ideal for me.
Pros
Variety of shifts
Cons
Always standing
Leaders needed inorder to successfully operate the resturant
Tim Hortons Team Member (Former Employee) –  London, ON19 May 2017
Many duties, over worked, minimum wage not fair enough for work duties. Terrible management, hours may vary drastically even if part or full time. Depending on the store, the managers and supervisors are always stressed. Can be a very stressful environment.
Pros
half off food
Cons
everything
Timmies
Tim Hortons Team Member (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON19 May 2017
Very fast paced. Does not train you for long, and expects you to learn the things you aren't taught on your own, then scolded for messing up or asking for too much help.
Fast going and fast service
Membre d'equipe (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC19 May 2017
The days are long because of the rushes, sometimes management could be stressful, telling you do 10 different things at once. Hardest part is being efficient with time.
Pros
Meet alot of people
Cons
stressful
Great staff
Baker (Former Employee) –  Gravenhurst, ON19 May 2017
friendly staff flexible hours understanding management baking Donuts pastries ect. serving customers and cleaning. OK teamwork busy during the summer and slow from November to April I have also learned you have to be fast and well organized.
Pros
2 15 minute breaks
Cons
More work less staff
fast pace environment, fun and easy.
cashier, soup and sandwich, drive thru (Former Employee) –  Dauphin, MB19 May 2017
I liked working at Tim Horton's. I was 14 when I worked there.it was alright, I was getting along with everybody, I was always busy. i learned how to operate the coffee brewers, cash registers, ice cap machines,
Pros
employee discounts
Cons
getting burned by hot water/coffee
Loved working there
Customer service attendant (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB19 May 2017
Such a happy group of ladies , everyone was always so happy first thing in the morning. If any job has ever felt like family, this one was it. Loved my boss as well.
Experience
Service à clientèle et caissière (Former Employee) –  Chambly, QC18 May 2017
C'etais une nouvelle experience, mais just pas pour moi.
Pros
equipe dynamic
Cons
pas assez d'heure
Overall positive
Barista/cashier (Former Employee) –  Pictou, NS18 May 2017
I enjoyed cashiering and working coffee machines.I would empty pots of coffee every 15 minutes and constantly had new coffee brewing. Sold hundreds of stuff daily
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
n/a
Fun with customer dealing and sandwich making.
Associate (Current Employee) –  on-route Woodstock, ON18 May 2017
Good learning experience. customer dealing helps to improve your communication skills. sandwich and coffee making, training new employee, working as team, nice experience.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Busy duty
for tim hortons
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 May 2017
A typical day at work is serving customers at a fast pace, and in an efficient timely manner. Making sure the store in stocked, employees are following protocol , safety and doing there job. Cleaning the back of the store, garbage, parking lot. Taking inventory and signing for deliveries. Among many more duties.

I learned how to manage a team.

The hardest part of the job was cleaning the glazer

The most enjoyable was being a supervisor.
Pros
free lunches and coffee
Cons
not much different in pay for being a supervisor
great work as a team member
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON18 May 2017
The job was very fair and enjoyable, although it could be understaffed from time to time.
the workplace had a very good team environment and was full of very helpful and kind co-workers.
fast paced environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Springdale, NL18 May 2017
it is a fast paced environment and its easy to be trained its easy to get a job there and the people are good to work with, but hard to deal with customers sometimes
Pros
good hours
Cons
no free lunches
Great experience working here
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Clarkson, ON18 May 2017
A typical day at work for me would include taking customer orders and preparing them.I learned how to effectively deal with customer complaints. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people everyday.
Left for work place bullying
Team member (Former Employee) –  Glencoe, ON18 May 2017
Team members spread rumours and revealed personal infortmation about my mental illness to other members and supervisors. However, management was good and so were the hours which wee very flexible.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Negative work environment
I would not advise in applying
Night shift worker (Current Employee) –  Bowmanville, ON18 May 2017
Management is disrespectful to employees on a daily basis. Not a mentally healthy work environment. Being spoken to in a rude manner. Talking down to staff. Given the feeling of being small. I reported this to head office only to be talk they are owned privet so nothing they can do.
J ai beacoup cettes idées se sont super et aider tous les gents pour travailler comfortablement avec une bonne resultats
Employeur (Current Employee) –  Quebec18 May 2017
L.environement.de travaille et.super ..j aime beaucoup tous ça et je souhaite d immigrer a canada pour travailler
Pros
Repas gratuits
Cons
Courtes pauses

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tim Hortons. Our community is ready to answer.