Tim Hortons Employee Reviews

Found 6,029 reviews matching the search
Overall, this was an amazing first job. I learned a lot in several areas and gained many different skills.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON9 June 2016
A typical day at work was very stressful and hectic. We always had line-ups out the door that would never end as well as several impatient customers because we were located right on the Falls. I learned so many skills like; patience, teamwork, leadership, independent work, etc..
I made several friends and everyone worked as a team. Their was no drama, it was like a family. The hardest part of the job was getting harassed by angry customers but their were also customers that made your day. I got to meet people from all over the world and got to learn more about different languages and cultures. Management had their good and bad days but overall, they cared about everyone individually. It was a great experience.
Pros
Gained experience, learned a lot of different skills, made friends, met different people, etc..
Cons
Angry customers
Good staff, good shifts, good fun
customer service (Current Employee) –  Paris, ON3 January 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job is the supporting and helpful staff members and the friendly fun environment in the work place, it makes the shifts seem shorter and keeps a constant flow through the shift. Management go above and beyond for their staff's happiness and are also at making tough choices, they are reliable and manage the store amazingly, the hardest part of the job are the small aspects of the job like speed, it's a fast pace environment and it's hard to keep up sometimes I've seen new hires leave because they couldn't handle the speed of the job. The Co-workers of Tim Horton's are the top reason if not one of the top reasons to work their. What I learned from working here is that respect and approval of an employee's hard work goes along way.
It was a good place to work at for a short time.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON7 December 2016
On a daily basis while working an Tim Hortons I would ensure the dining area is clean, clean the washrooms, along with serve the customers, do the daily chores that needed to be done all before the next shift came in. I learned alot, I learned how to talk to people better, i learned customer service skills, along with working the register. The hardest part of the job for me was not being able to speak up on things that I wanted to, being I was only a team member, I had so much ideas, or improvements for people/ the store but I just felt like I would be ignored. That ties me into the co worker and management. At my store the management was very poor. I felt they didn't care, and my co workers were just lazy. My favorite part of the job though, was the expiernce, and that I met such amazing people.
Pros
great customers, discount on items, made me more confident
Cons
bad management, not enough rules
chaotic management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON16 November 2016
i enjoyed working midnights at tims because i got to work independently and the daytime was extremely chaotic with very little direction. learned to work quickly and efficiently while providing high quality work and ensuring the morning staff would be ready to go.
benefits
Cons
not the best management
Fast paced environment
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, ON5 December 2016
I was blessed to work with a great group of ladies, and gents, during my time employed there. We were striven to outperform our sister location in west end of town when it was time for a show down on speed and accuracy of our service.Great memories.
benefits
Cons
management
Too many people that loved coffee more then work
BAKER AND COUNTER PERSON (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON21 November 2016
Maybe coffee should be kept for breaks instead of talking in "clicks" with some of your co workers. Management didn't ever seem to care when they were around (which wasn't very often)
Pros
free coffee
Cons
Not getting a raise often enough and having some medical and dental benefits
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC20 September 2016
Some pros are having Vacation pay, Christmas parties, long weekend pay, and also my dental and medical are covered. But some cons are that i work during the rush hours, which is at lunch time and they dont give us any raise. They only increase our wage by 25 cents every 1 year.
Pros
Vacation pay
Cons
Not getting a raise often enough
Dependant on location and owner
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Niagara, ON18 June 2016
Overall, Tim Horton's is a great entry level job... enjoyable for the first 6 months if you're working with great people. Teaches you communication and multitasking skills, and gives you a basic understanding of work policies and health and safety mandates.
Short of that; it's awful.
Underpaid, underappreciated, horrible benefits, excessive pressure from head office with unrealistic expectations.
No advancement opportunities.
No raises.. You can work for the company for 9 years and be paid the same amount as someone who was hired tomorrow.
Pros
Relaible schedule/hours
Cons
No advancement or raises, unrealistic expectations from head office
unorganized workplace
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 January 2017
A day at Tim Hortons is normally busy, however they are unorganized, therefore at my location it is usually hectic, however I have learned better communication skills, I have learned how to work fast, but efficiently, and I have learned the true meaning of hard work. My management is not the best, but my co-workers are very nice and well all co-operate well. The hardest part of the job is attempting to do more than one job at once because that is what is expected from my management, and the most enjoyable part is meeting new people.
Pros
Meeting new people, and it is a friendly enviornment
Cons
Management is unorganized
About Tim horton's
Store front (Team member) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 January 2017
Some customers are so crazy. Sometime they fight without reason.
I learns some management skills and taking responsibility.

- Management people are some time crazy because they have big responsibility.

-Most enjoyable part of job is busy hours.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
less salary
They were great
Dishwasher and Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Owen Sound, ON16 December 2016
The staff and Management were great to work with they were helpful and understanding when you needed help. the pay wasn't great but the coffee made up for lost wages. they need to bring back that staff can accept tips they work harder every day and have to deal with alot.
Respectful workplace and fun place to work
Food Counter Attendant (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, SK2 June 2016
Tim Hortons is a very busy establishment in Canada, as Canadians love their coffee and is very supportive of their own. Tim Hortons is popular in Canada, as a foreign worker we're asked most of the time to do overtime because of our hard work, dedication and we love to get busy so we can avoid homesickness.

The management is very professional and kind. They understand their foriegn workers on how hard it is to work outside our country. Most co- workers are Filipinos so I don't have a hard time getting to know them. I enjoy working in Canada, Nicest and polite people on earth. There are bad times with co-workers and customer but overall I enjoyed working in then most popular restaurant in Canada.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
far from my home country
Fast and positive enviroment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Rothesay, NB26 September 2016
Very fast paced but always loving smiles and positive attitudes and great customer service. I learned having a great attitude in the workplace is always best for you and your customers. hardest part; lunch rushes but always loved the lunch rushes because i was always busy and my day flew by.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
Fast paced for minimum wage
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tillsonburg, ON29 August 2016
You are never garenteed to have an eight hour shift. Some days it might be ten hours and the next might be four hours. Management doesn't know how to treat their staff. Most co-workers were amazing and the others would do their best to get you fired so they still had a job. Hardest part of the job would be having to be fast but accurate so you don't burn yourself while in a rush.
Productive and fun workplace.
Surpervisor (Current Employee) –  Morinville, AB29 October 2016
Start 5 minutes early to gather everyone, start chores, and make production.

Learned how to come out of my shell, since I started working. How to prioritize chores between rushes and customers. Work efficiently.

Management has been lacking communication with employees as well as ignoring requested time off months in advance. When forced to work overtime, its never paid. Reviews on the workers are never on time. Lastly, fair treatment among the various employees in the various shifts is non-existent.

Co-workers work efficiently, and listen well.

Hardest part of my job is effectively working when rushes come because we are most of the time under staffed. Therefore chores get put off till later.

Most enjoyable part is interacting with the customers and seeing the regulars.
Pros
Free coffee/tea/hot beverages, muffins, cookies, and donuts.
Cons
Poor management.
Good first job
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Orleans, ON13 December 2016
A typical day starts with a early morning shift followed by making coffee once on floor.
I've learned various things working at this comapny. Such as baking, checking time and temperatures, and the right amounts of coffee that is to be made.
The management wasn't the greatest. As many employees would get terminated on a daily, new workers constantly quitting which would cause more work and hours to current employees.
My co-workers were fun to work with.
There was no hard part for the job, there was just a lot of work that needed to be done.
The most enjoyable part about this job was getting free coffee.
Pros
building a relationship with regular customers
Cons
Once becoming a supervisor there is no moving up
Great place to learn how to manage your time,
Lead Baker (Current Employee) –  North York, ON25 October 2016
a typical day of work consisted of me deciding when to bake and what to bake to prioritize certain things over others due to time of bake and how long it would take to prepare. Following this i have to input what was produced and what was thrown throughout the day, coworkers varied, but they are some of the best people ive ever worked with. management on the other hand needs a lot of work. very unorganized and always have to be picking up after them. the most enjoyable part of my job was being able to see everyone walk away with something i had made and see them smile and enjoy my product. the hardest part was when things were super busy and working alone making dozens of different products at once got difficult.
Pros
Amazing co workers.
Cons
horribly managed, no room for improvement
Great work environment, always working together as a team.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON22 November 2016
Working at Tim Horton's was one of the best part time jobs I have had. There was always great people to work together with, and the management and supervisor staff taught me great work ethic. I learned a lot about working as a team and about myself. There were many returning customers that I would deal with multiple times a day who were always making my day just to come in and say hi. There were also days where I have had to deal with frustrated customers, but because of my thorough training I was able to deal with those situations properly.
Pros
meeting new friends
Cons
burns
Great place to develop communication skills.
Cashier, storefront at Tim Hortons (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON27 June 2016
A typical day involved, taking orders, cleaning, and preparing food.
I learned that a business takes hard work from all aspects of the company. The management was really professional. There were many great co-workers that helped each other. The hardest part was making sure you are working quickly. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to communicate with customers and create a positive atmosphere in the restaurant.
Pros
Discount on food, meeting new people
Cons
long hours, gets tiring
Fast paced, fair managers
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON9 November 2016
Training was sufficient and ample when first starting, enabling me as a new employee to have enough resources at hand to learn and optimize my overall performance. There was a bit of a learning curve for the first few months, but with said resources at hand, I was able to find a rhythm to my position which gave me the confidence to grow as an employee. With some of the fairest managers I've been employed by, it made the job that much enjoyable and fulfilling. Even with the fast paced environment, my overall experience there has been favourable and rewarding.
Pros
Fair management, consistent hours
Cons
Fast paced, reluctant team members