3,309 reviews

Tim Hortons Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Baker/ counter shift (Former Employee), Brampton, ON.March 15, 2015
Pros: room for advancement
Cons: poor staff (team members)
Great place to work as a part-time job. Lots of hours available but not the best money (minimum wage) however lots of flexible shifts hours and willing to accommodate, nice yet busy environment to work in. Steady customer base that comes in mostly on the go and elderly people. There’s always management available on each shift, which is nice to have an example role and back up if needed. The hardest part of the job is the rush we receive particularly in the Drive Thru which is timed and hard to meet some days. It can get extremely busy and if not prepared and stocked it can lead to a very stressful shift. Other than that great place to work at. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with people daily and being able to provide each customer with great service that will make them want to return.
Fun place to work with great co-workers and management.
Cashier (Current Employee), Brampton, ONMarch 15, 2015
Very professional and friendly management and co-workers. The most enjoyable part is direct dealing with the guests. Each day is a new day.
Fun place to work, very under staffed
Store Front (Current Employee), Kingston, ONMarch 15, 2015
Pros: paid break, nice people
Cons: poorly managed, under staffed most of the time
Tim Hortons was an enjoyable place to work when there was enough staff to combat the long lines of customers. Although the store managers attempted to provide the appropriate number of staff each shift I found that the "Higher ups" would limit them to what they were able to do to run the store.
fun and busy
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Ajax, ONMarch 14, 2015
Depending on who your supervisor was it was always fun and you were always busy. The hours were long and the uniformskind of sucked but it was a good job
fun times
Supervisor (Former Employee), Barrie, ONMarch 14, 2015
take orders, make them, provide to customers. Arrange orders and bank deposits. Ensure the daily activities are all covered and set out for everyone to follow.
Allows for personal growth
Store Front Employee (Current Employee), Langford, BCMarch 13, 2015
Pros: benefits
Tim Hortons is a fast place environment with a diverse team of co-workers that help encourage each other and push everyone forward to meet workplace goals.
i hate tims
Front Counter Server (Former Employee), Stoney Creek ONMarch 13, 2015
I hated working at Tim Horton's! It was the worst job I've ever had. the hours were bad and the staff was awful. I was the youngest one (16) and the second youngest graduated 7 years ago. I made $9.20 an hour (student wage)
Fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 12, 2015
Conducive workplace. Excellent management and friendly co-workers. It was a fast paced environment. I helped to increase sales
Productive work place
Cashier/Customer service (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 12, 2015
Pros: discount lunch, meeting great customers
Cons: hours, sometimes no day off
i loved working at tim Horton's, it was fun especially when you have amazing customers. i learning how to balance my time well, managing the cash register and then sometimes having to make sandwiches.
Really great experiences as a first job
Team Member (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 12, 2015
Pros: great first job experience
Working for Tim Hortons for five years has enable me to mature throughout the years, because it is my first job, and it is my real exposure to the real world. I learned how to deal and negotiate with people, and customers, as well as learn how to be more responsible.
a good enviroment to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 12, 2015
i got to do the morning bake and would meet alot of people as i like a fast paced job and enjoy meeting new people on a daily basis
Very Busy workplace
Cashier/Server (Former Employee), Alliston, ONMarch 12, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: not enough money
Hours 4:45am-12:45pm
Co-workers were great people.
Hardest part of the job was keeping the local high school kids out of trouble in the store.
Most enjoyable part was that it was busy and the days usually went quick.
customer satisfaction is the first priority.
Customer service representative (Current Employee), BramptonMarch 12, 2015
customer satisfaction is the first priority.working with the fast pace environment is always a fun and it become more joyful when i working with the so many customers who share their experiences with just a cup of coffee.
non creative
serve orders (Former Employee), Montréal, QCMarch 11, 2015
It's a temporary job till I'm engaged in the pharmaceutical field as a pharmacy assistant.
I'm looking for better career & better income in the future, even if I started with the minimum
A days's work
Counter Attendant (Former Employee), Temiskaming Shores, ONMarch 11, 2015
Pros: everyone was friendly, free lunch
Cons: standing in one spot all the time
A typical day at work would be serving coffee to customers as well any sandwiches they ordered.
I learned that we need to be respectful to customers not to get mad at them and to great them with a smile.
The management at tim hortons were friendly and they were also polite.
the co-workers that i worked with were all polite and friendly.
the hardest part working at tim hortons was that i didnt know all of the sandwiches
The enjoyable part working at tim hortons was that I got to work at drive thru and beable to move around and not in one spot all the time
Store front, Baker (Former Employee), Burlington,OnMarch 11, 2015
The people and customer that i dealt with were nice and comforting but the job it self was not great at all, As well that the bake room would cause me to get sick constantly and nobody else but me apparently.
fun workplace
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKMarch 11, 2015
very busy place , but i enjoy it because manager and supervisor was awesome, learned so many new things such as how to make coffee,food ,cleaning etc
A typical day at work
Team Member (Former Employee), Kingston, OntarioMarch 10, 2015
A typical day at work involved dealing with cranky customers and enjoying a fun and exciting work place environment while learning people skills.
fast paced and friendly
Shift Manager (Current Employee), London, ONMarch 10, 2015
Pros: amazing staff
-setting up product for the next shift
-prepping product
-maintaining store quality
-problem solving customer related issues
productive, fun, fast paced
Cashier (Former Employee), Windsor, ONMarch 10, 2015
Pros: well organized, busy, fast paced.
Cons: still have to pay for donuts
Social skills are a necessity, a friendly demeanor and verbal skills aid in up-selling products and ensuring customers come back to your specific branch. Multitasking is an asset, as you may have to serve customers both at the cash register inside as well as at the drive-thru window. Time management is a large factor in getting orders out CORRECTLY and in a timely fashion. The hardest part of the job will be customers, simultaneously they can be the best part of the job, it depends on both parties’ attitudes and demeanor. How you work with your team will make or break your effectiveness as an employee.

About Tim Hortons

Tim Hortons Inc. is a Canadian fast casual restaurant known for its coffee and doughnuts. It is also Canada's largest fast food – Read more