Tim Hortons Employee Reviews

Certain locations have terrible management
TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Stonewall, MB10 November 2017
If you need a quick job while you look for another job this is a great place to go. Don't stay for too long as raises and promotions are extremely hard to come by. Some locations will not let you work overtime and others expect you to without the overtime pay. Very stressful and hard atmosphere to work in.
Cons
Management doesn't know what they're doing
Cashier/ labour (Former Employee) –  Campbell River, BC10 November 2017
Working at Tim Hortons was a good experience, but I was so young that I don't really recall how the management was or if I really enjoyed it or not, I was more worried about other things when I was 15.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
drinking to much coffee
Fast and fun workplace
Auditor (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON9 November 2017
I love working at Tim Horton's, the best workplace, especially the company I'm working with friendly owners, managers and staff as well. Always Fresh ^_^
supervisor
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 November 2017
supervised and manage cash flow
opening and closing store
manage employee
dealing with customer complain
check inventory
check safety and food contamination
Excellent first time job
Store Front (Former Employee) –  Elmira, ON9 November 2017
- Enjoyable customer service.
- Flexible hours.
- They were open to increasing hours.
- The most enjoyable part of the job was working with customers and getting to meet people from all around.
Overall good atmosphere
Fast Food Worker (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON9 November 2017
Easily the worst Management I've had in my working career, decent salary based on years with company, overall good atmosphere with co-workers and clients you serve daily.
Was horrible
Cashier/Customer service, use of system (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON9 November 2017
This was the worst place I have ever worked,,, I have never been so belittled . My manager was un able to make proper decisions due to her picking her friends.. Customers use to call head office and complain about how badly my supervisor would talk to me and other employees I would go home 4 times a week crying because of this awful place
Pros
Free coffee I guess
Cons
Mean people
work place
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON9 November 2017
it is fast moving with lots of opportunities, work around your other commitments, good for kids in school, part time and full time work available always
Pros
flexible
Cons
N/a
Productive, Great employees, excellent company
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON9 November 2017
Start the day at work morning or afternoon, when the store is busy help with taking the customers orders. when the store dies down, we start doing the stores chores to maintain the store in tip top shape.
Pros
discount on store food
Cons
Open minded and willing to learn workplace
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON8 November 2017
Work fast and efficiently keeping up the standards of the TDL as well in mind and fun loving so everyone may put their efforts voluntarily.
Extrovert hard working
Pros
free luches
Cons
less pay outs

Want to know more about Tim Hortons?

Ask a question
Storefront Team Member (Former Employee) –  Ottawa East, ON8 November 2017
The management, at some of the locations (the ones in Orleans), is not very good. The store managers are very flighty, unreliable, unsympathetic, and lie consistently. The owners of the stores are not much better. They have unrealistic expectations, and do not allow enough staff to work, during a shift, to even try to achieve what they want. Though when the owners do see something wrong in the store, they will hound the managers until it is fixed, but that is only when they see it. The HR and GM's are not much help either. There have been problems with their managers, but even though the team members did complain, nothing was done about it. It got to the point of multiple people trying to quit until they did something about the manager. I honestly would not suggest working for this company, especially the ones in Orleans.
Fast Paced Environment
Team Member/Baker (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC8 November 2017
Customer service is number one and the customer is ALWAYS right. I learned how to provide excellent customer service and how to deal with tough situations. The management was good at first and I loved my supervisors and bosses. Until new management came in and started firing people for absolutely no reason. Hardest part of the job was when you got given 3 positions to work at one time, do-able but hard. The most enjoyable part was the family like atmosphere between the employees. I guess that has nothing to do with the work force itself but the people hired to it.
All in all a good place to work with great benefits and a flexible schedule.
I enjoyed all the people I work with and enjoy the hours they provided me.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC8 November 2017
I have been a Tim Hortons addict since I was 12, and so working at the coffee shop has been a dream come true for me. I love working there and being employed there. Only reason I am looking for something different is because I am needing something that I can make more money at.
Pros
Free coffee and donuts
Cons
Early hours
productive and fun work place with new friends
storefront member (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 November 2017
I like this job as it is helpful in making me productive and here I can improve my communication skills as I get to interact with several customers from different backgrounds. this also helps to build a strong network and make new friends , this workplace is a fun.
Pros
Discount on lunches
Cons
long standing hours
Staff was fun but over worked
Tim Hortons Team Member (Current Employee) –  Welland, ON7 November 2017
Fun place to work short term.....under appreciated for the full time team members who ran the store. Owners unaprocable.....and only care about the bottom dollar
Pros
Good hours for returningvto the workplace
Cons
No appreciation for a job well done
tiring but fun interacting with people
Customer Service storefront (Current Employee) –  Mayfield, ON7 November 2017
Its always fresh and always busy at tims. Customers are always satisfied because its the nearest restaurant that they have, in need, always. Its my favourite chain. I like being a tim hortons member and I learnt many a things from this job. abut because the job doesnt match my skills I want to move. Tims hortons also makes work amazing by introducing fun games on different events like it has it own roll up the rim season rhat makes buting a coffee exciting for the customers and then Tim hortons has many donation programs as well
Pros
free lunch
Cons
unpaid break
Uplifting work environment
Night Crew (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON7 November 2017
Definitely a high demand job as I would finish the night staffs work and in the morning stay for whoever didn't show up that morning. Definitely instilled good work ethic in me at a young age.
Good
Team Member (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Mission, BC7 November 2017
Working at tim hortons is really busy and stressful. Good staff and team members are required in order for the work place to run efficiently. Gained skills and knowledge.
tims
Drive Thru Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 November 2017
its a great place to work with wonderful people, very friendly management and co-workers. always clean and fresh. had full hours and a great community to work with.
work with children
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 November 2017
I would like to work with children. I how to engage with children and how to develop them. I can give my full of knowledge to develop the children, Also reached their goals.
Pros
develop the children.
Cons
don, t expect any benifits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tim Hortons. Our community is ready to answer.