Tim Hortons Employee Reviews in Canada

Found 5,318 reviews matching the search
Busy work environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 21, 2016
Management was awful. They yell at you and treat you like dirt. they made you worry about job security constantly. All about the money, less about the people. I wont ever work for them again.
Pros
Free donuts
Cons
overworked, underpaid.
Workplace
Food Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 19, 2016
Good Company good working environment,, nice people too..
flexible co owner.. busy store.. clean store and store following standards
I love working at Tim Hortons.
Food Counter Attendant/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sylvan Lake, ABAugust 19, 2016
My two year work experienced at Tim Hortons was fun. Dealing with different kinds of people everyday is what I enjoyed the most. I love my regular customers so much to the point that I build a good relationship with them. Most of them become friends who are really close to my heart even up to now that I no longer work there. We still communicate once in a while.

Second reason why I love working at Tim Hortons are my co employees. I build a good camaraderie with them as well. They are good people. They are team players too.

Lasty, I love my work as a regular Soup and Sandwich person. I love making sandwiches for my dear customers. Our store is always busy especially during summer. I like it when its like that rather than those lean hours, But during those times I get an opportunity to do multitasking. Helping store front person took the orders and doing the till or brewing and making coffee for them.

Working at Tim Hortons is a very enjoyable job. that's why if given a chance, I will always come back to Tim Hortons to work and have fun at the same time.

I really love Tim Hortons. Its not just about serving the best coffee all around Canada. The customers, empoyees and the work itself makes it always number one.
Pros
free donuts, muffins, bagels and coffee
Cons
Stressful at times , fast paced, but great experience
Store Front Employee/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Bright's Grove, ONAugust 19, 2016
Working at Tim Hortons for over four years has been a great experience within the food industry. This job requires fast paced working skills in order to meet the required standard times for head office in order to keep customers happy. I've learned how to multitask well and get jobs done in a timely manner. I work with great coworkers which allows me to have fun on the job which makes it enjoyable for me. Another great aspect of this job is meeting so many different customers and making them happy, even just a smile makes someones day and it makes me feel so great! The hardest part of this job is dealing with 'rude' customers. Mistakes happen and its my duty to make them right in a polite, patient and professional way no matter how 'rude' this customer may be . Overall, I've learned great work ethic, patience and leadership working at Tim Hortons and I believe it provides me with great skills for my next job.
Pros
Customers, Coworkers
Cons
'Rude' customers, short staffed
Amazing first job for me!
Crew member (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONAugust 19, 2016
Working for Tim Hortons really helped me coming out of my shell. I use to be a very shy person but working there increased my confidence. My co-workers were wonderful and very easy to get a long with. The management was very flexible with their employees and such great encourager's. The best part of the job was feeling like I was part of a team and that I mattered.
experience
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCAugust 18, 2016
On a typical day at work consists of managing a group of staff members which can be anywhere form 5-10 people per shift, I have learnt that time management helps the day go very smoothly and all the shift requirements get done for the day
Stressful, horrible
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sutton, ONAugust 17, 2016
Cons: Horrible management, they are rude and pick favourites. Staff is also rude, lots of workplace drama.
Pros: Hours were consistent and never had issues with proper pay
Not a great workplace
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 17, 2016
Very stressful job for nothing, management is always confusing and sometimes unprofessional and the salary is awful. Would not recommend working here.
it was a great experience
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONAugust 17, 2016
while I worked at this fast food restaurants I learned a lot of good things , and impoved myself better with a customer service
Pros
socialize with people
fun place to work
Store Front (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ONAugust 17, 2016
Everyday is the same day at Tim Horton's. Smile, assist costumers and help them pursue their needs in the restaurant. My co-workers are the nicest people ever!
Pros
everyone is loving and always happy
Cons
too much work for minimum wage
Bad management, nice people
Cashier / Food Preparer (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONAugust 16, 2016
Everyone there was nice for the most part but management takes favourites and doesnt treat employees right. also the cleanliness was a fraud and they made us lie to the inspectors
Pros
meet good friends
Cons
bad management
Not enjoyable
Night Baker (Current Employee) –  London, ONAugust 16, 2016
The majority of management was extremely unwelcoming and not very understanding when it came to personal illnesses and problems within my life.
Pros
None.
Cons
Mostly everything.
Good
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ONAugust 16, 2016
My co-workers were amazing as well as the managers. They taught me to be confident and how to multitask. Hardest part of the job was rude customers or creepy ones.
served
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONAugust 16, 2016
Served customers at counter and processed cash, credit and debit card transactions
Prepared coffee and maintained the cleanliness of the work space
I love that my co-worker were always nice
Enjoyable, but slightly uncooperative
team member (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ONAugust 15, 2016
They were nice to work for overall, but many conflicts occurred during the final 3 months of employment. The management was unrelenting in many aspects. They did not cooperatively adjust to different scheduling times. Co-workers were less cooperative with daily duties and serving customers. The hardest part of the job was to lift the heavy boxes of coffee. The most enjoyable part of the job was mopping the floors.
Pros
Free Donuts
Cons
Scheduling Problems
Fast-paced
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 15, 2016
My shifts generally started at 5am, but even if you were out of your mind tired there was always so much to do that you forgot your exhaustion until the way home.
Found by the end of working there that the quality of work reeeeally decreased
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONAugust 15, 2016
I usually have fun working in this place. Time passes by fast because it is very hectic and a lot of fun. The hardest part of the job are the customers that are giving you a hard time. The most enjoyable part of the job is to be able to work with your co workers. The managers are fun to work with as well. Everything I learned about good work ethic, patience and even simple things like giving smiles that could give someone a great day came from this workplace.
Pros
Fun workplace
Cons
Horrible customers, sometimes can be too hectic with not enough staff, horrible experience when the owner is around, bad for your knees.
awesome full time job
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONAugust 15, 2016
great hours, friendly staff and great management. customers are great and the atmosphere is welcoming, store is in a perfectly busy area in etobicoke
Pros
great staff and hours
Even tho Tim Horton's had some problem I found it a great place to work, I'd work there again. rk
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONAugust 15, 2016
A typical day at work was very fast past. I served food and beverages to customers did chores, refilled cream milk and sugar cleaned coffee machine and refilled coffee non stop. I learned how to use a cash register, multi-task, and how to handle customer concerns. I found the manager and supervisors nice friendly but they seem to lack communication with each other and employees. The hardest part of my job was learning how to use the tablet they had for me to train with. My co-worker were very polite and friendly.
What I enjoyed most about my job was serving costumers.
Pros
paid brake
Cons
not enough employees
fun but stressful
Team Member/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Brandon, MBAugust 15, 2016
fun people to work with
manager is fun but puts more stress on you than she should
owner puts even more stress than the manager on you