Tim Hortons Employee Reviews

an amazing job
Customer Service/Administrative (Former Employee) –  Paris, ON14 February 2018
I really have no complaints about this job. I have made a lot of friendships through this workplace and it is a safe environment as well.There were tons of opportunities to excel in your job.
Pros
discounts on food while on shift
Cons
there realy wasnt any
Yikes
Tim Hortons Team Member (Former Employee) –  Marystown, NL13 February 2018
stressful and negative, you get rushed to get the times and customers tend to be rude, sole other workers are rude some are nice great manager though!
Pros
30% off discount only while working
Cons
Long hours and only 2 15 minute breaks
High Stress, low positivity
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Orono, ON13 February 2018
I found working at two different Tim Horton's locations that it was too high stress with very little positivity or support from managements. There was little enforcement of health and safety by-laws and policies, no job security as there were constantly new hires and people getting fired or quitting, you never knew how long you would be working there. They are very unforgiving of even the smallest mistakes a new employee makes.
Pros
never slow
Cons
hostile work environments
Tiring, unrewarding, but a decent paycheck
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Whitney Pier, NS13 February 2018
Not a bad place to work, but the staff tend to be "clique-y". There's some favoritism amongst the management and your personal life is not taken into account. However, the tips are good, and for the most part I enjoy the team I work with.
Pros
Free coffee, tips, easy work
Cons
No steady schedule, backshift, hard on the legs and back
Productive work enviroment
COUNTER STAFF (Current Employee) –  55 York Street, Toronto, ONT13 February 2018
Very productive to work in, always moving around and getting to know your everyday customers and co-workers, and gainig social and customer service experience
Pros
Free Lunch
Fun Place to work
Service a la clientele (Former Employee) –  Saint-Antoine, NB13 February 2018
A typical day at work would be full of joy. When clients are happy we are happy, they brought joy to our work !
The smell of coffee in the morning with the same clients we would serve everyday, they would tell me about things that happened at work or at home, very sweet people. Working at Tim Hortons was like being part of a big family. Everyone would love each other and have fun while getting the work done.
good place for students
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON13 February 2018
If your looking for part time hours its great. But for me I need full time as i live on my own and have rent and bills to pay. It is a fun atmosphere but they need to work on scheduling.
N/a
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON13 February 2018
Where I worked was a new location so both employers and employees were new. We grew and helped each other a lot. I hardly saw anyone put down another. I was a great environment.
Enjoyable and Fast paced work environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 February 2018
A typical day at Tim Hortons would involve waking up fairly early, arriving at the store and serving people with their morning coffee. Once the rush has started you work your stations pretty much non-stop. This includes cashier, sandwich station and beverage station. I learned how to effectively communicate with all types of customers and how to stay calm in a high stress environment. Management was scarce and did not have proper training to manage my store. I loved the workplace culture and had a lot of fun during roll up the rim season. The hardest part of the job was the constant standing that eventually takes a physical toll on your body. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the customers and forming bonds over great service.
Pros
Free breakfast, flexibility, great coworkers
Cons
early start time, late end time, long shifts
productive workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC12 February 2018
Timhortons was a very friendly and productive place to work. I gained a lot of experience and met a lot of people from different backgrounds. It was an easy place to work at.
Tiring
Cashier/Server (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 February 2018
Needed more/longer break times. Worked at 3 different locations and I would say none of my managers were "great" However, my co-workers were good, friendly.
Fast paced, Fun filled work days
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Smiths Falls, ON12 February 2018
your work day always starts early! somedays you start right at 4:30am, what most people dont know os that we have a full staff working for you by about 6 in the morning and we don't stop till about two in the afternoon till the shift change! somedays it can be long and stressfull if you dont have a full team like someone calling in sick!

You are always on the go! never stopping until someone has a big order then you get a little breather when your finally done that huge order! but then your back at it again

the staff and team i work with is amazing! the boss is awesome and always treats you with respect you deserve!

Love working here!
Pros
amazing boss
Cons
no free ice caps
Productive and busy place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB12 February 2018
I started as a front end person working on the cash register and serving customers. I really enjoyed helping customers. I did what I could to keep busy and always found something I could do. I think the hardest thing was the expectations there in Alberta that if they didn't think you were a good fit that they would terminate you after three months. Other than that I liked working there, I am just sad that I didn't get past the three month mark.
Pros
Cons
job unstability not knowing if you had a job after 3 months
First Job - minimum wage
Employee (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON12 February 2018
Minimum wage job that left minimal room for growth due to poor management and strict working conditions.

First ever job, so it payed for gas/events/university
Pros
Good starting Job?
Cons
Little Growth, Strict working conditions, minimum wage
Overall it was a good working experiance.
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Newcastle, ON12 February 2018
During my rime at Tim Horton's I found that the managers were questionable at best and the employees at times the same. My job brought me around every corner of the store, in which i had a lot of trouble dealing with my mangers because of this.

I did enjoy the freedom of independence the job gave me but not the lack of tasks. I found the job easy enough and I found myself outta tasks because of this.
Pros
Good hours and adaptability
Cons
Rude manages
A fast paced work environment
Store Front Cashier (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ON12 February 2018
It's fast paced work environment that is very challenging and it has taught me valuable communication and organizational skills because the manager sometimes works along side us employees and teaches us many important skills e.g leadership qualities. The most difficult part of the job is multi-taking whilst under immense pressure to serve customers through a given time period and the most enjoyable part of the job is being in sync with my co-workers while producing a quick, smooth and efficient service.
Pros
Discount prices on baked restaurant items
Cons
Call out to work on off-days
not a very good place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Virden, MB12 February 2018
The Tim Hortons in Virden was over staffed, and the management could be very hard to work with at times, many employees were young and weren't very efficient.
Pros
employee discounts
Cons
bad management
place
supervisor (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB12 February 2018
the job is enjoyable with the right management but currently i wouldn't even recommend this spot to a beginner as it is a negative work environment to be in. long hours of serving grumpy people with the odd one that smiles and says thank you is about the only thing to look up to here.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
long hours with a low chance of having a break, grumpy people working there, and management is poor
Fun and very interesting.
Tim Hortons Baker (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON12 February 2018
Friendly staff and management. equal pay for equal work.
Always fast moving. Never boring.
Always more than happy to have you grow with them as a company.
Fast paced, good learning curve
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Stevensville, ON11 February 2018
It was really hard to do everything when I first started but the longer I stayed the better I got and the easier everything was. I began to really enjoy my time there by the end. I found I was good at almost everything but drive thru was definitely my favorite, it was fast paced and made the shifts go by faster, the hardest part was definitely training, the most enjoyable part was my early morning 5:30 shifts.
Pros
Long hours, good pay
Cons
benefits took a long time to kick in

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tim Hortons. Our community is ready to answer.

53.3K