Tim Hortons Employee Reviews

Found 5,441 reviews matching the search
Fast paced and great team environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ONMarch 28, 2016
A typical day at work is serving customers, maintaining the store (clean tables, change garbages, sweep floors).
I learned to work as a team member to ensure customers satisfaction.
I learned the importance of working as a team in a fast paced environment.
I get along well with management as well as my co-workers.
The most enjoyable part of the job is working and dealing with staff and customers.
I do not find the job difficult to perform.
Pros
Clean working environment, dealing with people
Cons
The store is open 24 hours a day and I could be asked to work a midnight shift.
Good first job
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONNovember 23, 2015
Fast paced work environment. The only good thing about this job is that you almost always get hours, I always received 40 hours and it was easy to get time off if needed. As well the day goes by fast because the job is so fast paced especially if you are in drive thru. However, you are never allowed to BREATHE. "If you have time to lean, you have time to clean". You are always moving...And you will never be fast enough at this job. You are expected to make a bagel and gather other items (coffee, pastries ect..) all in under 20 sec. And its NEVER the customers fault. This job can be very high stress and you get customers yelling at you all the time. Raises are awful at Tim Hortons you may get 10 cents every 3 months even when you are top team member!!!
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Can be too fast paced
I always believe to work at any place is new experience and all about gaining lots of knowledge about society and work.
Cashier and Coffee maker (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONFebruary 28, 2016
I am very easy going and flexible person. I always believe to adjust in all situation eventhough there was sometime typical situation in work place. There was One customer who came to echange her coffee three time. i did that very politly and said sorry about there discomfort. Eventhough She was souting and was gaining attention of other customers too. i eplain her everything why someother coffee maker made that mistake and all , politly. Our manger know me very well so he cooperate with me . The hardest part about job is you really need to be very quick and active. but i enjoyrd it lots because, i learned how to communicate and handle people in critical situation.
Pros
50% Discount in Food and Beverages
Cons
Customer Service is Professional workplace and we enjoy it so much
Food Counter Attendant (Former Employee) –  Calgary,ABApril 4, 2016
Team work and cooperation with co workers is the key to success.
Decision making is important in the work place as i have learned.
To better manage the group everyone should contribute their effort to make a company succeed.
Co- workers are the asset of the Company and should be taken care and be given all the benefits .
The hardest part of the Job is food preparation and the most enjoyable part of the job is assisting the customers.
It was a dramatic environment, other than the drama, the job was okay.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Hagersville, ONMarch 17, 2016
I enjoyed the job for the most part but there was a lot of drama involved at the store I worked at. I worked in all areas of the store: kitchen, store front, drive thru. I worked both afternoon and morning shifts. I enjoyed working drive the more because it was more fast pace and caused the shift to seem to go by faster. The hardest part of the job was having to bite your tongue and agree with the customers, even when they are not right, and take pretty much all of the abusive words from them.
Pros
Tim points that went towards gift cards
Cons
treated poorly by most customers and by some management/supervisors
Productive and a fun plac to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONMarch 24, 2016
A typical day comimg in early and providing the best customer service. Everyday was a busy from the time I came in until about 11:00 am.
I learned to do it right the first time, Management thought I was one of the best workers that they had.
Co workers thought I was a great team member.
Hardest part was getting the product out to customer in 20 second,
The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting so many wonderful people. I am a people person.
Pros
getting free coffee
Cons
There is no cons. I loved working there
fast pace, meet new people everyday
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONFebruary 11, 2016
this job was a good first job, but i see myself thriving in a more professional environment, i personally did not like management or supervision. they take advantage of there authority and i prefer someone who becomes close with there employees, instead of boss them around
Pros
meet new people everyday
Enjoyable Workplace
Storefront Team Member (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONMarch 15, 2016
A typical day consists of serving customers and cleaning the restaurant. I learned about proper food handling and good customer service skills. The management is good at Tim Horton's. They are understanding and helpful. My co-workers are very friendly, polite, and caring. The hardest part of my job is dealing with difficult customers but I pride myself on being able to deal with them effectively. The most enjoyable part of my job is all the different people I get to interact with on a daily basis.
Pros
Interacting with various types of people.
Cons
Difficult Customers
Rewarding to know you gave to others
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Orangeville, ONMarch 16, 2016
Tim Horton's is a fast-paced environment with help from co-workers and management when needed

I learned how to communicate to a variety of different personalities and how satisfy the needs of others in a timely and efficient manner.

The hardest part of the day in making sure all work is done and customers are satisfied by the end on my shift.

The most enjoyable part of my day is knowing that customers go home satisfied and happy.
Pros
We get free coffee or tea, discounts on other food products while working and some discounts when not on shift too.
Cons
It can be exhausting when working many shifts in a row.
This job was ok for it purpose, make money so i don't go homeless.
Front counter/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Mission, BCNovember 16, 2015
Job was quite monotonous, but by no means un-enjoyable. co-workers are nice over all and made the experience worth while.

Management seemed lost and useless a lot of the time, nto doing there job and often sweeping problems under the carpet instead of dealing with them.

new staff we never trained properly leading to constant error as new staff would teach even newer staff neither of the two having been properly trained.

Not much place for advancement but a good job to hold onto while searching for something new or to do as part time while in school as a form of minor income.
Pros
Quite flexible when given notice for needed days off.
Cons
under staffed, stressful, very badly trained staff
working as team
Confident and creative team leader (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BCMarch 18, 2016
I got perfect schedule
love to communicate with people
learn how to work in a team
management is perfect/organised
stress in busy a time
working in a team
Pros
standinf free when not busy
Cons
working long hours
Fun environment
Production/ storefront (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BCMarch 6, 2016
Timmy's is just like the ideal first job a teenager/ young adult should have. They have decent management, computer and hands on training, and it's good customer service experience. How ever it's very fast paced, I've worked as baker for a double drive thru. You've got to be ready! This isn't a retail job and you sit behind a counter playing with your cell phone. Everyone is cleaning, and doing there part that's what makes it a great team experience. The only thing I didn't like, is the owners. I get you have to make your money but the ones I worked for we're pretty nasty about explaining where the funds to keep the store running came from... I've worked for two owners, one was nice the other not so much... I've worked for Tim's about 2 years and it's in general a nice work environment. But if your in school, or have young kids and need a really flexible job, timmies is the place to be. I've never had a schedule issue, there's lots of staff you can usually get the time and days you need.
Pros
50% off
Cons
Owners
Fast paced work place
Drive Thru Cashier (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONApril 6, 2016
A usual day of work is 8 hours, with two 15 minute breaks. I've learned how to work with all different types of people, both co-workers and customers. The management is very reliable and flexible. The hardest part of the job was when working in the drive through, you have to ensure that guests are there for under 30 seconds, and your times for each car is monitored. The most enjoyable part of the job is definitely my co-workers. The're all hard working, and all around good people.
Efficiency in the workplace is a must
Food Counter Attendant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 4, 2016
Doing a usual evening work such as preparing food for the day is a typical day at work.
I learned how to manage time effectively in order to finish on time.
Time management is of the essence since every minute counts to
be productive .
Communicating with some co - workers to be honest is hard since
misunderstanding sometimes arises when they speak different language.
Preparing for the Food for the day is the hardest part of the job.
Customer service is the most enjoyable part of the job.
Fun workplace; a place to learn basics of customer service
Team Member and Baker (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BCSeptember 14, 2015
Tim Hortons was a job that I enjoyed. I stayed with them as a company for a long time, and was usually treated fairly, had my life accommodated for with flexible hours and understanding of personal issues. My largest complaint with the company is that in four straight years of employment I only received one raise for $0.20, which was lackluster to say the least. Other then that, the atmosphere and the skills I learned in customer service and employee interaction were well worth the time I spent with the company.
Pros
Free Drinks, 8 hour shifts
Cons
Messy Management (at times), mediocre pay and inconsistent raises
Productive and fun workplace
Part-time Baker (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONMarch 24, 2016
A typical day at work starts around 4:30 - 5 am and continues on until 10 am. Time management is very important as all baked goods must be out and ready for sale at 7 am and than must continue to be watched until the shift ends. Working 6 days a week is a solid and comfortable schedule and on Thursday's I have my classes to finish my college course. Being busy is fun and keeps me on my toes.
Great Place To Work:)
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NBFebruary 23, 2016
I fund it was a great place to work. Advancement is definelty there if you work hard and show them your interested.

I enjoyed dealing with the public and learning new things on a daily bases:)
Pros
Free Lunches If You Have To Work Overtime/Double
Cons
Long Shifts At Times
My enjoy working in Baker is great too.
Baker (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 20, 2016
My typical working during night shift from midnight to 8 am daily from Sunday to Thursday excepting weekend is day off.

I learned lots about of typical of making foods in the kitchen everyday.

My management to is control and responsible duties work everyday and make sure everything is ok and no problem.

My co-workers are great performance job and respect each other and great communication too.

My hardest part of the job is the Freezer's room with lots of boxes inside and outside everyday.

My most enjoyable part of the job is making donuts and muffins are great taste and excellent organization daily.
Pros
Quiet place at night shift work.
Cons
Too much ordering for paperwork before Tim Hortons's store open dailiy.
Superviseur (Former Employee) –  Brossard, QCAugust 23, 2016
Its an enriching experience to work in Tim Horton since i have done multi tasks and good customer service. I am energetic and motivated and hard worker,positive attitude.All these qualities boost up my days at work.
A typical day at work is Friday where we have the car show where i have to run to meet my targets,satisfy my customer is my priority and work in a team spirit so that we clear the rush.Its a non stop sometimes but the good part is we accomplish great sales,most of the products are sold and we replenish its a positive stress environment because at the end ,I am happy and proud that i have deliver a good service up to the end.
The hardest part of the job, when we are short of staff,I always got more workload.
I had tips with my regular customers,very nice people who appreciate my service and I was so happy to see them each day.
Pros
a cup of coffee free
Cons
the salary is low
an efficient and supportive environment
Team member/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Westville, NSFebruary 27, 2016
A typical day at Tim Hortons for me started at 3;45 AM, Coming in a little early to turn on the ovens and get the soups started while I waited for my opening partner. As baker it was my responsibility to have all baked items out to the customer in a timely fashion. all product had to be out within a two hour time frame at which time I would hit the floor ready to serve customers through peak hours. Peak hours lasted from 6AM to 11AM , once peak was over i left the floor to make sure the restaurant was lunch ready. Lastly in my day after achieving lunch ready status i cleaned the kitchen insuring it was ready for the next baker coming in.
My time at Tim Hortons helped to further my time management skills as well as my leadership skills.Management was a helpful and integral part of my achieving higher levels of time management and leadership skills by providing a supportive and trusting environment for me and my co-workers.
Pros
paid breaks
Cons
early hours