Tim Hortons

Tim Hortons Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great first job
Team Member (Former Employee), Richmond, BCApril 8, 2015
Pros: Free food, easy job, didn't have to think too much
Cons: Long hours, fast paced, physical labour
By all means not my favourite place to work, but it was definitely fun working here. Especially in the early mornings when I used to work in the drive through.

Not that easy to advance in the company, but the perk of free food was a plus!
• Over 5 years of experience in customer service • Adaptable and flexible individual who is willing to learn and apply new skills efficiently • Reli
Busser (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 8, 2015
Customer Service Skills:
• Actively listened to customers and made appropriate suggestions
• Upbeat telephone personality
• Demonstrated professionalism when dealing with all customers
• Always remained up to date on products and materials to help serve customers better
Hospitality Skills:
• Knowledge of food safety and handling procedures
• Well versed in cleaning work areas, equipment, utensils, dishes, and silverware
• Able to work in a team environment and independently with minimal supervision
• Able to work efficiently in a high paced environment
• Committed to quality service and food and beverage knowledge
Stock Associate Skills:
• Responsible for organizing and stocking inventory
• Responsible for maintaining a clean and safe environment by completing daily maintenance routines
• Responsible for creating unique displays to be strategically placed throughout the store
• Ensured that all merchandise on display were replenished if necessary and that all displays remained neat and organized
Personal Skills:
• Well presented
• Confident communicator
• Responsible, reliable and honest
• Fast learner
• Punctual
A good place to work at a college student
Cashier (Former Employee), Montreal, QuebecApril 8, 2015
Pros: Free lunches, coffee, donuts, and friendly co workers
Cons: Short Breaks
Working at Tim Hortons was a great experience, learning to deal with many customers simultaneously. Learning how to manage time. Learned how to make sandwiches, coffee, bagels, and as well as how to bake. Overall a tiring job sometimes depending on the load of customers that day.
Amazing staff and customers.
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Trenton, NSApril 8, 2015
I have learned so many skills from working here and continue to further those with everything I do. Working with the public, many different co-workers at once and organizing orders. I appreciate all that I was taught while working at Tim Horton's. I am also very thankful that I was given the opportunity to get to know the customers on a personal level and to this day remain in contact with them. Very busy work environment and sometimes chaotic but always kept positive and got the work load completed.
very possitive
cashier (Former Employee), Laval QcApril 8, 2015
Pros: clients, tips
Cons: finish late
I really enjoyed interacting with clients. The hours were flexible which accomedated any unexpected surprises. my co-workers were amazing to work with. Overall a great working experience.
Productive place to work
Front End Cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 8, 2015
Pros: discount on food
Cons: no encouragement for being a valued employee
I really liked working here, meeting people and making people smile, and having to make a person experience be good so they will return to our store.
nice place to work
Hostess (Former Employee), North Sydney, NSApril 7, 2015
Pros: staff discount
Cons: stressful moments but got through it
I didn't mind working at Tim Horton's the staff was great I enjoyed working with them. I learned how to work under pressure when needed. The most enjoyable part of the job was the staff.
cool
Responsible for friendly customer service (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONApril 7, 2015
Pros: friendly people
Cons: short shifts
my co-workers are good people and the managers too. They can sometimes give me bad shifts that don't give me good money. The most enjoyable part is the costumers and the people working there. The hardest part would be switching job tasks or finding something to do when its over staffed.
productive and fun in workplace
front desk clerk (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 7, 2015
typical day at work really busy, what I learned is to know how to communicate with people, the management are good, my co-workers cooperation with teamwork that's good, hardest part, if others call and sick few of us working, all we have to do is multitasking , enjoyable part was making jokes.
positive and friendly
Cashier / Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Sydenham Rd. KingstonApril 7, 2015
Pros: flexable
Cons: long shifts
This was only a temporary position for me.
This was a good company to work for. The owners were very nice people. Easy to get along with.
Tim Hortons
Closer (Former Employee), Langley, BCApril 7, 2015
A typical day of work consisted mostly of drama. There was lots of tension between morning and afternoon staff, and management changed only for the worst. I learned how to open and close tills, as well as close a store down. The hardest part of the job was dealing with management and owners who do not care about their store. The most enjoyable part of my job was my fellow afternoon staff.
Amazing First Job Experience
Front of Store Clerk (Former Employee), Squamish, BCApril 7, 2015
Tim Hortons is a great first job, you learn how to work in different situations, and it feels great to know that by doing a good job, makes somebody's day better. The hardest part for me was probably when I first got there, as learning how to make coffee and take orders via drive thru and counter service was different and unknown, but I got better at it as the time went on. The best part of the job was probably meeting the people I worked with and becoming friends with them and knowing the regulars orders by heart.
They were very reliable on giving me my desired times and days I had to work, and were always there to encourage me and help me succeed.
its a good start for anyone to learn more and more
front staff (Current Employee), Jane and major Mech 2226April 7, 2015
actually i am happy to start with Tim Horton as it enhanced my communication skills and explore a lot of new thoughts of people by meeting with them daily. i meet hundreds of people daily and come to know about their speakings and listening etc.
Safe and sophisticated place to work.
Storefront (Former Employee), London, ONApril 7, 2015
Pros: Flexible hours
Cons: Unfair pay
Tim Hortons wasn't a terrible place to work. It was safe, clean and very professional. On the other hand, management wasn't always fair to their employees. Even lying to co-workers in our to get you in trouble and making them look better.
Productive and Fun Atmosphere
Restaurant Team Member (Current Employee), Niagara-on-the-lake, ONApril 7, 2015
Creating fast and effective costumer service, while interacting well with co-workers. Learning how to affectively complete tasks, duties and other small jobs. Co-workers are fun, energetic and some passionate about the job. The hardest part of the day is maintaining Drive Thru times while still having to complete other tasks. The most enjoyable part is making guests feel welcome and interacting with co-workers.
good first job
store front (Current Employee), niagara fallsApril 7, 2015
Pros: free food
Cons: long hours
Tim Hortons is an over all good first time job. It prepares you for future jobs, but is not a ideal career. The management isn't the best.
Gained interaction experience
Team Member (Former Employee), Delhi OntarioApril 7, 2015
Pros: Free lunches
Cons: Long hours and early 6am shifts
Tim Hortons had a good working environment. My co-workers were friendly and welcoming. A typical day at work was interacting with customers, making coffee, along with laughing and having a good time. I learned how to properly interact with angry customers and how to improve my interaction skills.I had also learned about safety in the workplace. The management team were respectful and responsible. They found a way to personally interact with me while doing their job properly. The co-workers were friendly as well. The hardest part of the job was learning how to properly deal with angry customers and finding a way to calm them down. A lot of them were either having a bad day to begin with or were not satisfied with the food or service. I learned how to satisfy them while following the company's policy at the same time. Learning how to do so was tough. The most enjoyable part of the job was having a good laugh with my co-workers and customers. I really enjoyed providing good service for the customers and putting a smile on their face.
Tim Hortons is a very diverese working enviorment.
Storefront (Former Employee), Belleville, ONApril 7, 2015
Pros: Busy days, contant work.
Cons: often under-staffed, low pay rate considering the hard work required to run such a high paced coffee shop.
There are always new people to meet working at Tim Hortons,. It is a good trait to have a sense hospitality and customer service. People love coffee!
its a great place to work
storefront (Current Employee), timmins ontApril 7, 2015
Pros: free coffee
Cons: you never get a raise
I love to work at this place the other employees where great and really fun manager was great I just found it hard working the night shift with a young child
Store front and production
Storefront, Baker (Current Employee), London, ONApril 6, 2015
great company to work for. entry level or career, there is always something to learn in this field. fast paced . customer service orientated

About Tim Hortons

Tim Hortons Inc. is a Canadian fast casual restaurant known for its coffee and doughnuts. It is also Canada's largest fast food – Read more