Tim Hortons Employee Reviews

Found 6,580 reviews matching the search
Workplace and Enviroment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON5 February 2017
A work day at Tim Horton's is always making sure you have a clean work area and always have enough products so everything runs smoothly. I learned how to multi-task and how to work well under pressure. The hardest part of the job is standing for long hours at a time and working at a fast speed during rush hour. The easiest part of the job is communication with the customers and your co-workers.
Pros
Paid Lunch
Cons
Short breaks after long hours
A typical day
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON14 March 2017
A typical day at work, would start out slow and soon become very busy. I learned a lot about customer service, and being able to help those who were disappointed. The hardest part of the job was trying to stay on top of orders when the lines ended out the door and especially when it was winter time. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to put on a smile on anyone's face in any way shape or form.
Pros
Helpful staff
Cons
Long hours, rude customers
Productive workplace, great people
Storefront Worker (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON27 February 2017
Through this job, I have learned a wide variety of skills. I have learned to be responsible, outgoing, I have learned how to handle myself as well as handle customers. I always work with a smile, I like to make people happy throughout the day. The hardest part of the job would be if a customer gets angry, however, I try my hardest not to let that happen and if it does I brush it off and go on with my day.
Pros
Great people
Fast paced, a lot of pressure
Front End Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 March 2017
I had to come in every morning, in downtown Tim Hortons. Usually customers are very disrespectful depending on the time and weather of that day. However, they really helped me gained patience with dealing with the negativity every workplace can have. I've learned how to cope with stress and pressure which I believe is an extremely valuable skill to have in life.
Pros
nice Staff, customers help you grow
Supervisor
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON30 January 2017
Tim Hortons is a good place for your first job, they have flexible hours, But a lot of the time I felt like they micro-manage a lot which sometimes created a hostile environment for other workers. They hire a lot of students too, so expect sick calls. Not a place to stay for long but is there when you need something for your schooling.
Pros
Cheap food, Friendly staff, easy promotions, fast paced
Cons
A lot of sick calls, micro-managing, rude customers, minimum wage (in case you didn't know)
It was a good place to learn hot to multy task and improve people skills
drive through order taker (Former Employee) –  Yorkton Sask30 January 2017
the other workers were good people to work with and not shy to explain somthing you may be having issues with. it was a fast paced job that took a bit to get used too but once I did it all flowed well. if i required help i could always ask one of my fellow team members. it was a fun safe enviroment with plenty of room to learn even though the hours where a little hard to get used to when they could ask you to stay overtime at almost any time.
Pros
a discount on all product plus free coffee when working
Cons
one single half hour break during an eight hour shift
It was a fun and productive workplace. It was an overall fun environment to be in.
Tim Hortons Team Member (Former Employee) –  St. Thomas, ON29 January 2017
I enjoyed working with my team members and being in a happy environment. I enjoyed trying the different foods that were new, as well as the beverages. I learned a lot about the different kinds of foods and how the food is made/shipped to the stores. I learned a lot about being a team leader. I also learned how to use a cash register, which in my opinion has improved my math skills.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Slow hours
good enviornment and interesting and loving experience with people at the main front
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK12 March 2017
i worked ther for 4 months and i learned how to work in a fast pace enviornment and good customer service. management at the work is good and well maintained. the modt enjoyable part of the job is to meet with new people and experience new things.the hardest part is to match my abailbility and shortage of hours.
Pros
free cofees and donuts and muffins
Cons
short hours
Fun workplace
Storefront Team Member (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 March 2017
Working at Tim Horton's gave me all sorts of feelings and experiences. It gave me a chance to meet all kinds of people since we're interacting with different customers every time.It helped me develop my confidence with regards to interacting with people I don't know. As for my workmates, even though we're from different parts of the country with different cultures, we respect each other and get along pretty well.
productive, at times was a stressful place to work.
Hostess/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Port Hawkesbury, NS8 February 2017
opening store bake at 430 to be ready for 6am. drive thru till 1pm. enjoyed most of the customers, as will any place there were a few bad seeds. worked well with my coworkers. management was all about her self. owner was very hands on and worked well for her employes. the most enjoyable part of the job was most of my coworkers and the work schedule.
Pros
awesome benefits.
Cons
no room for booking time needed off.
I wouldn't recommend working here
Counter staff (Former Employee) –  1450 united boulivard20 February 2017
the management is a huge problem, corrupt, mean and un-flexible.
the staff is always great, they know who to hire. many pay discrepancies however, consistent problems with shorts in pay. if you choose to work here be careful of this. watch your pay stubs like a hawk and never be afraid to complain if there is an issue
Pros
the current staff is fun to work with.
Cons
consistent pay discrepancies, mean management staff
Terrible Place to Work
Storefront Team Member (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC11 March 2017
At first, working here wasn't too bad. Fellow employees are nice and fun to work with, and overall, the experience with my fellow storefront team members was fun. However, the current manager at this specific restaurant is unable to properly do some of the more basic tasks that are required. We are constantly out of stock, so customers get incredibly frustrated at us on a regular basis. What makes this worse, is that there are periods of time throughout the day that are consistently low on staff as well, as the manager thinks that cutting hours is the way to save money.
Pros
Discount on Food while working, free coffee tea and hot chocolate while working
Cons
Management is terrible, never enough staff, never enough stock, will call you at absurd hours
awesome place to work good place to build charector and expand custermer service
Baker (Former Employee) –  Perth, ON27 January 2017
my typical day started at night because I was the night time baker. I would clean my machines and get my paperwork ready for the night. I would then start my bake and midnight and bake right threw till 5 am. and then I would head out to the floor and help out in the drive threw making coffee and getting dounts drinks and what ever my supervisor asked of me.
Pros
meet new people.
Cons
none that i can think of.
A place where you can grow.
Night Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 January 2017
I have worked at Tim Hortons for 10 years and have grown as a person. The way that I have grown is that I have become more assertive and it is because I met an exceptional individual there and he taught me how to believe in myself more. I currently am still employed there but it seems to me that my time there has gone by. I now need to find a new path and want to further myself and grow to get into the path that I want to achieve in the future. I thank Tim Hortons for helping me grow as a person and would recommend anyone to become a team member there if they feel as if they do not have any direction in life.
Dependent on Management
Shift Supervisor/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 March 2017
Work experience depends on management;

With the right managers your work days will be awesome.

Can get super tiresome as you're constantly on your feet and waking the floor with service and re-stocking as they get depleted but with the right co-workers, you don't feel a thing or easily forget the pain as you chat with them.
Pros
Discounted food & free beverages (hot beverages only)
Cons
discounts not as big
Friendly and supportive work environment with unrealistic incentives
Team Member (Current Employee) –  London, ON22 January 2017
During a typical day of work I would find myself always attempting to assist our manager as much possible to reach our incentive as well maintain a clean and friendly working environment for all. While working here I was able to drastically improve my collaboration skills and social abilities. The hardest part about about my job was trying to please our managers and tolerating upset customers. The most enjoyable part about my job is meeting all the new people who I work with.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
No benefits
Rude and immature staff
Storefront Server (Former Employee) –  Grimsby, ON7 March 2017
At the three Tim Hortons locations in Grimsby, I experienced a lot of bullying in the workplace as well as harassment, even at management level. I only stayed three months as the environment at all three locations were too stressful and toxic. I cannot speak for other locations, but I wouldn't recommend working at the locations in Grimsby.
Pros
Free coffee/tea on the job
Cons
Workplace harassment/bullying
An environment where you can learn a lot from
Drive -Thru order taker (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON20 January 2017
I enjoyed work here, I have learned what is costumer service I have learned how to handle people. A typical day at work for me is even though it can be really stressful but at the end the smile that I get usually from them at the end of the day is total worth. The most enjoyable part of my job when I get to see and help all the people and put an smile on their faces and another one will be getting the chance to meet new people
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
not enough hours
Productive time at Tim Hortons
Store Front (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC24 January 2017
Typical day at work would be me making sure everything is stocked properly. Making sure all the machines were cleaned. Making sure there was amazing service. Making sure the customer is always right and happy. Nice accuracy and fast paced. Getting along with every team member and being a team member. The hardest part of this job was making sure that you have everything done because sometimes it gets so overwhelming that you forget to do one important thing. The most enjoyable of this job was knowing the customers the ones who came in quite a lot. It was amazing building a relationship with them. I think its a great work experience to have with this job.
Pros
Free lunches, great employees
Cons
Horrible managers, bad scheduling
Busy and faced paced
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB13 February 2017
Always busy, faced paced and chaotic. Not a lot of balance between work and family.

Hardest part of the job is trying to get all the tasks done that are management only, plus be the back bone on the floor and get the order and inventory and scheduling done all in a 8 hour shift.

Best part of my job is seeing my regulars and puttong a smile on their face.
Pros
Customer relations
Cons
Stressful, little family/work balance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tim Hortons. Our community is ready to answer.

75%