3,208 reviews

Tim Hortons Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good Customer service
Team Member (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 19, 2015
Exceptionally well customer service.
good work environment
cooperative staff
Efficient service
Distinguised personality of people
Learnt different languages
Fun, fast paced and great people
Storefront/cashier (Current Employee), Dunvagen, ONFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: free hot beverages and showcase items
Cons: asked too much for too little wages
A typical work day starts by talking with your co-workers catching up on all the new events and products. Then we work as a team to give the best customer service we are able to provide. Lastly we work as a team to keep the store clean and stocked. I learned many things here however i will only name a few. I have learnt a lot about patience, communication skills. I have learnt that not everyone learns the same way in the workplace and that patience is a virtue when training co-workers.I have also been able to greatly improve my communication skills with others, not only towards co-workers but management as well, it is very important to be able to communicate appropriately and effectively towards all colleagues. The best part about my job was my colleagues, you spend a lot of time with them and so I always try and stay positive and upbeat to create a fun and effective work environment. The hardest part of the job would have been some of the physical requirements when I was a baker. However there were only a few items which I found too heavy and therefore it wasn't all that bad. The most enjoyable part of this particular job is the "regulars" the people you serve, sometimes daily, and you know you're making their day just by handing them a coffee.
Enjoyable and keeps you busy
Store front / Baker (Former Employee), st thomas ontFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: alot of extra shifts avail work with the public
Typical day working at Tim Hortons is fast paced.Get t o meet alot of different people. Ilearned how to do the baking part and different ways to do things i didn't know how was done previously before working in this kind of enviroment. the people I worked w ith were easy to get along with and careing i love working in a team oriented place.i would have to say the ahrdest part of the job was when i did a few days shift of baking very demanding but did pretty good at keeping up with the demand.
lots of working experience
Food Service Counter Attendant (Former Employee), Coaldale, ABFebruary 18, 2015
working in tim horton's makes a little different to my previous work as i always work in a fine dine-in and casual dine-in. i decided to leave tim hortons due to changes of my marital status for the last two years ago. i have been blessed with the owner of this company as their are easy people to approach and easy to talk to. they understand what i choose when i leave the company. every employer is different and they are blessings to us.
fast paced, customer oriented company with friendly staff
Baker (Former Employee), Windsor, ONFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: half price food when at work.
Cons: high stress, minimum wage with no seniority bonuses.
while having a very supportive, team based approach to service, it is an often high demand and stressful enviroment. attention to record keeping and speed of service are the key driving forces in everyday's work. co-workers are on the whole very supportive and pleasant. Making someone's day by doing that little something extra, or giving that reassuring smile to a customer who brightens at your attention is one of the most rewarding things about working there. The management is very firm and demanding, but it is because the standards are so high. This leads to the hardest part of the job, the stress. With high standards of practice and speed being essential, it is often difficult to remain calm, especially in the case of late deliveries or malfunctioning equipment. Benefits for full time employees are very good (medical, dental, drug and insurance).
Great job
Store Front Clerk (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBFebruary 18, 2015
A typical day at work is dealing with great customers leaving them happy.

I have learned how to keep a restaurant clean and fastly paced dealing with customers.

my boss is amazing and very helpful!
Always busy, hands on, amazing team members
Cashier and Food Preparation (Former Employee), Abbotsford, BCFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: 50% off
Cons: morning drive thru line ups
Although I was there for long I loved working at Tim Horton's. The reason for me leaving this job was because urgently my family and I had to go to India because of a family situation. I was only working at Tim Horton's for about 2 and a half months. To be able to leave on "vacation" I actually had to atleast be there for a good 4 months. Therefore, I had to quit before I left. I was told to come back and re-apply but when I came back they had hired 3 new employees, just my luck.
Cashier (Former Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: discount
Cons: rude customers
I served coffee,doughnuts, & muffins to customers,, I learned how to properly do my job with the training videos I had to do every so often, and my co workers were very friendly, some people slacked, which I didn't like, because I like to keep moving,, but the hardest part of my day wasn't really much but if I had to say something that was 'hard' I would say cleaning the bathrooms, because it can be dangerous, and the best part was talking to people, and making their day, and making them smile when they leave.
Productive and fun to socialize with co workers
Store Front Clerk (Current Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: free snacks
Lots of customers.
A lot of skills.
Two supervisors at every shift.
Friendly and caring co-workers
The costumers when they receive the wrong order
Pleasing the costumers is the goal of the job.
fun
Cashier (Former Employee), Stony Plain, ABFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: free coffee & donuts
i use to work at tim hortons and its a very good place to work because the benefits and hours and salary and workplace are all good
Loved the staff and loved the experience
Supervisor (Former Employee), Hamilton OntarioFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: 60% off staff meals
Cons: not guaranteed enough hours
I enjoyed working for the company, but I found the lack hours a hardship. I was vastly over qualified for what my position entailed. I love learning and am ambitious. I also needed stability in my hours. I prefer to work a minimum of 45 + a week.
Very enjoyable workplace. Co-workers are helpful & courteous.
Storefront cashier (Current Employee), Stouffville, ONFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: i am thankful for the opportunity to work at tim horton's.
Cons: there are no cons.
I had never worked in a restaurant before. It was very challenging at first. I am a team player and love to meet people. Management and owners are awesome to work with. When we have slow periods I always find something to do as I am a person who must keep busy.
A good place to start
Baker/Storefront (Current Employee), Montague, PEFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: possible to earn tips
Cons: unpredictable hours
This is a very fast paced job. There are time requirements you need to meet as well as customer satisfaction that you need to keep in mind. Other employees can either be easy to get along with or cause a lot of drama. If you are able to keep a positive mindset and only worry about your own personal business then it would be no issue. dealing with customers can make or break your day in some cases but once again, it's all about how you handle things. You do earn tips at this job which are split between everyone working at the time. with this being my first long term form of employment I think it really helped me learn to communicate with both co-workers and customers.
good staff
Cash register duties and public relations (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: low pay
good staff, decent hours, pay was a little low. not a fan of location. would definitely work there again though, discounted food was a great plus
Not a very fun job environment
Front Counter Server (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 14, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: long hours, hard work
Own team members can get irritated with each other very easily, the management isn't that friendly or helpful. Taking orders repetitively can become irritating and there are very rude costumers.
Fun place to work with great place
Cashier (Former Employee), Pitt Meadows, BCFebruary 14, 2015
learned tips and tricks about working with money and in the food industry. typical day at work consisted of re stocking and cleaning machines.
P/T Cashier/Dishwasher (Former Employee), Airdrie, ABFebruary 14, 2015
Pros: free donuts and coffee
Cons: maximum of one free donut and coffee per shift
Tim Hortons is a good starter job for young students in high school, but not somewhere I would recommend staying long term.
Fast paced and competitive.
Customer Service Team Member (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONFebruary 14, 2015
A typical day at work consists of pouring and making coffee, cleaning desired areas of the workplace and preparing and wrapping food.
Baker/Storefront (Former Employee), Ajax, ONFebruary 14, 2015
This was the perfect job for me after high school, i was able to work 45-50 hours a week . My hours were never cut as a baker , i was guaranteed all my shifts and extra if wanted. I earned a high income in as little as a few months. I miss my co-workers and management they were great. I had to leave when I attempted to go to college for the first time. I wanted to ensure i was focused and dedicated to school.
baker/store front/ maintenance/delivery unload
Head of Maintenance (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONFebruary 13, 2015
I was the baker i handled cash and cleaned repaired and maintained 5 stores i was good at all the jobs but i liked unloading the trucks better

About Tim Hortons

Tim Hortons Inc. is a Canadian fast casual restaurant known for its coffee and doughnuts. It is also Canada's largest fast food – Read more