Tim Hortons Employee Reviews in Canada

Found 4,883 reviews matching the search
Fun and productive workplace. Fast paced customer service environment
Food Counter Attendant (Current Employee) –  Lloydminster, SKApril 16, 2016
Its my pleasure be part of Tim Hortons family. A big opportunity to impart my knowledges and learnings on my previous job. I loved to work as a team and most especially dealing with customers. Customer focus always since where are in fast paced service environment. The management shows respect to all team members. Co-workers work as a team. All jobs are not just easy. It requires hard work and perseverance. I always enjoy working at any position they assigned to me.
Pros
free working shoes
Cons
short hours
Fun and energetic work environment
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ONApril 28, 2016
Baked and prepared goods, Provided excellent customer service, managed co-workers and created a safe and fun work environment. I also counted tills and balanced the incoming money for each shift I worked. I created learning and work goals for each employee to complete which contributed to greater Drive-Thru times and happier customers. I ensured all food and beverages were fresh and prepared to Tim Horton's Standard.
Not the job for me
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ONApril 12, 2016
A typical day at work was generally quite well, some days better than others. I learned how to handle different people in different situations. I didn't agree with management because nobody was ever appreciated, but worked with many wonderful coworkers. The hardest part of the job was doing many jobs at once but became easier with the learning experience. The most enjoyable part was meeting a lot of new people.
Pros
new people, great cooworkers
Cons
management
Flexible with school
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCApril 13, 2016
It's a great job in terms of flexibility when in school, however if one has a lot of bills on his or her hands, I don't recommend Tim Horton's as a part-time job, it doesn't provide enough compensation or benefits. It's ideal for students and or for individuals looking to transition towards something better! Moreover, for quick pocket money, it serves its purpose. The manager is amazing, he really tries hard to understand what we're going through in terms of stress outside the workplace. Furthermore, the team is fantastic; Tim Horton's has a great sense of community.
Great overall experience
Server (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONApril 13, 2016
Tim Horton's is a fast paced workplace environment, a typical day is very busy- which allows for skill building and multitasking. Very friendly and professional management, personable and welcoming coworkers that really make working there worth while. The hardest part of the job is keeping a positive attitude while working at rush hours and in high stress situations at times, but with perseverance this aspect of the job is manageable. The most enjoyable part of the job is being connected to your community and providing a positive experience for customers as well as building relationships with coworkers.
steady and fun work environment
Production team member (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 4, 2016
Tim Hortons is a great environment that teaches you how to respond to quick situations and how to work within a team around you. Often as a baker you need to prepare for the day and fill the showcase, and for an order that we send to other places. My favorite part of the job is interacting and communicating with my co-workers who have the same job as me and the customers within the community.
Pros
free items
Cons
crazy rushes
Very Fast Pace and Loving
Barista, Server, Part time afternoon Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 11, 2016
A typical day at work is busy busy time flies when you work at Tim Hortons, I learn a lot about people and customer service I get to know people on a close basis. The management team is great they do most of the work and my co workers are the best the people you work with has an imput on how your day will start and end. The hardest part of the job is not wanting to leave because of all the friendly faces and compliments you get. The most enjoyable is making people happy by doing simple things.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Long Hours
Friendly and fast paced work environement
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, ONApril 11, 2016
My previous work experience at Tim Hortons is also a great asset as it has put me in a face paced environment dependent on teamwork. My communication skills within teamwork scenarios also strength from working at Tim Hortons as communication is the key in order to keep an operation of people running smoothly. I also learned the importance of workplace and food safety and worked diligently each shift to make sure standards were exceeded on my part.
Pros
Excellent first job experience, friendly staff
Cons
Not enough hours, scheduling not consistant
Awful place to work.
Cashier/Drive (Former Employee) –  Collingwood, ONApril 28, 2016
walk to work at 6:30am get there for 7:00am And put my hair net on and then go out punch in on the register and put pots of coffee on and brew them and then I would if there were people came in i would serve them asking them politely what i can get for them.
and they would tell me the coffee or donuts sandwiches etc. then i would got home after work 8 hours only on weekends.
Pros
free coffee, tea, hot chocolate
Cons
management, not enough hours for working
For a first experience it isnt that bad
Caissière & travaillé (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCApril 28, 2016
It is not that hard , you just have to be fast while you are working. I learned how to be patient and help the people around me. The management is pretty good. My co-workers are excellent and have a lot of fun . The hardest part of the job is sometimes when you don’t understand your costumer and you are trying to help him. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with funny people
Pros
free lunchs
Cons
too many costumers
Spreading smile among customers on a cup of coffee
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 30, 2016
It was great to work with a wide coffee chain in Canada. Tim Hortons provide me opportunity to provide fast and best customer service. Because of working with Tim Hortons I learned to work under pressured environment with multitasking skills. Management was harsh in paying salaries and it was hard to balance work/life balance but co-workers were the main motivators. The most enjoyable part of the job was the customers and their greetings. Appreciation of the customers was always a motivator for me. Overall, it was great customer service experience working with the brand Tim Hortons.
Pros
Status of Tim Hortons Brand
Cons
Bad franchisee management and demotivated by the management
fast paced environment
Counter Attendant (Current Employee) –  Hampton, NBApril 8, 2016
A typical day of work at Tim Hortons usually began around 5:30-6 am for me and didnt end until 3pm. The days could range from being so busy that we barely got our breaks, or so slow that we would send people home. Management was ok, most co-workers were the best part of the day, you'd usually build a pretty good bond with them. I don't think there is anything really hard about working there, but sometimes it is so easy to become frustrated and that usually ruins your day.
Cons
Stressful at times
fast pasted environment w/ alot of skills to learn
Drive-thru cashier / front counter (Former Employee) –  Midland, ONApril 6, 2016
At Tim Hortons i had amazing co workers and managers who trained me where very caring and positive people to work aside with. i worked the front counter, greeting customers, taking orders, receiving payment through cash,debit,credit or gift-cards. i also worked on the drive-thru as well as bagel bar. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with good people,i enjoy the fast past working environment As well as creating a positive friendly environment where people can come and enjoy breakfast, & lunch.
Pros
lots of hours, great co workers
Fast paced work place
Drive Thru Cashier (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONApril 6, 2016
A usual day of work is 8 hours, with two 15 minute breaks. I've learned how to work with all different types of people, both co-workers and customers. The management is very reliable and flexible. The hardest part of the job was when working in the drive through, you have to ensure that guests are there for under 30 seconds, and your times for each car is monitored. The most enjoyable part of the job is definitely my co-workers. The're all hard working, and all around good people.
Typical day at Tim Horton's
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ONMay 10, 2016
I would arrive to work at least 20 minutes before my scheduled shift, to check the board to see if there was anything new I needed to know. I would check to see what position I was working that day and ask the manager any unanswered questions I needed to ask. Each position was normally the same each day, so you knew what you had to do.
Pros
15% discount, wonderful co-workers
Cons
A lot of drama and unwanted comments
Fast paced environment was enjoyable
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Orangeville, ONApril 4, 2016
The faced paced environment of Tim Horton's made working a fun experience, and long shifts would fly by. I learned how to be a courteous and welcoming service worker while still working efficiently and accurately. These were very important skills to master as customers often don't have much patience for a wrong order. I was working there part time as I was a student in high school and often I would be booked for shifts that ended past midnight. I spoke to management but did not see results for quite some time. Overall it was an excellent learning experience and I feel prepared to take on any job after working at Tim Horton's.
Fast Paced Environment
Drive Thru Part-time (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 4, 2016
Throughout my time at Tim Hortons, I've learned a great deal of time management, and efficiency. Working at the drive thru, there is an average time our team must be consistent with for each car-- 25 seconds max. to serve each car that comes to the drive thru. This was the hardest part of the job.
One of the most enjoyable parts of the job is interaction with customers, and being able to learn about the different people that come to our store. Also getting to know co-workers who turnout to be one of your long term friends.
The management is very understanding of school schedules snd priorities
Pros
free coffee
Cons
pressure
can be fun but also very stressful when you aren't trained properly
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Orleans, ONMarch 31, 2016
My co-workers are great people for the most part (we all have off days).
When I started we had a manager that was very stressed and didn't make sure the training was done properly. Now we have a new manager (for 6 months now) and the job has gotten more stressful as i was taught most things incorrectly and have to re-learn most things. Re-learning and dealing with disgruntled guests and language barriers makes the job harder.
Pros
free breakfast if you start before 6am
Cons
chaotic environment
A workplace you can meet people from every culture. A fun place to work but some days could be absolutley hectic.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 11, 2016
I enjoyed working at Tim Hortons. While I was a student, the management team provided me with a flexible work schedule. I had the opportunity to meet not only Canadians but people from different countries. Not every customer was easy, but I always tried to make someone's day a little better with a warm cup of coffee and a beautiful smile.
Productive and fun work
Fronter desk (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, ABMarch 29, 2016
Actually I enjoy my work is a busy place. I have the opportunity to improve my English and learn other kind of work it was a challenge to me and I subsist it. My hard part is to understand some supervisors are not using the empathy and respect to the works the same as the customers.
It is interesting job, at least I get the opportunity as a challenge to prove my second language is going better and proud to have a job at this time.
Pros
I have 2 brakes
Cons
I would like to get full time