Tim Hortons Employee Reviews in Canada

Found 5,021 reviews matching the search
Good but be prepared for a lot of work
Counter Staff (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ONJune 15, 2016
I found that working at the Richmond Hill Hindu Temple was fun but be prepared for the Food Rush, as you will be faced with a lot of work
It was a great experience. i love to work at tim hortons again.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BCJune 15, 2016
i learned good customer service experience from that job. i also worked at drive thru so i have a great experience of front store management and drive thru. it was a great job experience in my life.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
get more hours
Great experience if you're looking to gain
Store Front Employee (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 15, 2016
Tim Hortons is a great place to work if it is your first job as a student, but there are many cons that you realize when you have worked there for more than 6 months. First of all, the employee's get 15% discount for their purchase when buying company products. Ridiculous. Secondly, the management does not allow shift switches between employees. Therefore if you cannot work your shift, you basically have no other choice but to just come to work. And lastly, there are so many little things they are picky about that should not even matter.
Pros
Reliable Co-workers
Cons
Horrible Managers
tim hortons
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NLJune 15, 2016
i just need change in life.
the management is two faced, they good when they have favorites.the benefits were good, i work hard
Working at Tim Hortons
Store Front (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJune 14, 2016
A typical day at Tim Hortons offers a friendly environment, great service, and merchandise. I believe the customers enjoy their requests and appreciate the service, that is why they keep coming back. The management at Tim Hortons is amazingly pleasant, organized, and provides so much positive feedbacks. The co-workers come from all over the world, and are usually very well at completing their tasks. The hardest part of the job is the stability of your position. You never know when there is shortage of work, because new people are constantly looking for a job. You might end up getting replaced by someone new by your manager. Overall, being a part of the crew at Tim Hortons is enjoyable in all aspects of it.
Pros
Employee's discount
Cons
Shortage of work
ok
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON Yonge WellesleyJune 14, 2016
i am working for this company for the past nine and half years now and one thing that I have noticed throughout is the fact that there is no scope for growth here. I have thankfully kept myself detached from the unethical practices of ALL the managers that I have worked for so far.Discrimination starts from the top level of management and eventhough the owners of this company seem to be good people,I am not sure if they are aware of the wrongs happening inside.Over the years, I have been transfered to various locations as is the company policy with regards to all managers and assistant managers and I have sadly noticed one fact.not always is the coffee fresh like the ' ALWAYS FRESH' SLOGAN .I personally feel for the guests who put their trust on us when we hand them their cup of coffee.
The only positive thing about Tim Hortons is interaction with hundreds of guests every single day.I personally feel happy to make a person's day with a genuine smile
Pros
interaction with hundreds of customers
Cons
long unpaid hours for sure
flexible hours and a fun work staff
General Employee (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ONJune 14, 2016
Tim Hortons is very flexible with their hours. They have a good training system and teach you how to deal with customers in a fast and polite way. The supervisors always place the staff according to their strengths. As a team we work together to ensure a smooth, fast past service for the guests. My co-workers make my day more enjoyable. They are funny and we are always willing to help each other out. Even on the days that we are short on staff we do our best to complete the chore list and stock the work area. The best part of this job is the friends I've made through both the staff and the customers.
Great starter job
Assisting customers (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ONJune 14, 2016
Tim Hortons is always busy, and new things are always happening. It is a great way to get yourself ready for the work force, as many different customers and situations can arise.
Pros
Good experiences to be had
Cons
productive and good customer service
STORE FRONT ATTENDANT (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 14, 2016
Good quality service must be provided at all times especially that we are handling food products. Team work is necessary to achieve your daily goals. Management is well-rounded and over-looks at the situation to divide the work among the employees. Hardest part of the job is not to perform effectively due to rush or coordination with each other. I enjoy having lots of friends and some clients are also being my friends too.
Pros
friends
Cons
long standing hours
Productive, busy
Counter Person Cashier/Night Baker (Former Employee) –  Melville, SKJune 14, 2016
Great co-workers. Busy, not a lot of downtime. I worked the night shift so I did most of the baking and a lot of cleaning, sanitizing.
Great place to work.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJune 14, 2016
When i first started at Tim hortons i was 14. Starting a job that young taught me a great deal about life. It allowed me to grow up with a strong work ethic. My time there proved to be very valuable in my later years
Fast paced work environment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Port Hope, ONJune 14, 2016
A typical day working at Tim Hortons involves striving to keep customer service fast and satisfying. The co-workers we're incredibly kind and we all worked as a team to ensure success. When someone is struggling we all jump in to help them succeed. The hardest part of the job was trying to keep each customer transaction under 30 seconds per customer to achieve the targeted "drive-thru times."
Pros
Good shifts and hours
Cons
Poor staff treatment
i like work here
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJune 13, 2016
i will glade to work with Tim Hortons ,i like the enviroment inside here.
may be on a typical some gud some bad experince but we should do work with calm&patience.
i learned a lot of things like leadership,honesty,hardwork,punctuality,etc
i like way of talking supervisor,manager and owner they all are helpful
co-worker awesome,super some time we are hurry we can do some mistake but they always follow fifo.
whenever there is any sepical day then there are many customers
when we get our sale goles,some time exceeds our old goals,enjoy with team members.
hmm
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown, PEJune 13, 2016
at this place I worked over night and I found out that I do not work well over the nigh. waking up for all the people I know are going to bed. I did not mind the work it was just the hours.
Pros
50% off at working hours
Cons
hours over night.
Bad Management and rude co-workers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ONJune 13, 2016
I did enjoy this job at first but after about a week was when a co-workers and I were getting called racial names by other co-workers. We had gone to our supervisors, manager, owners, even head office and they all said nothing could be done because they couldn't see what was going on. Eventually it was getting hard to do my job because of this. The only part I enjoyed about this job was that I got to work with people and talk to new people every day.
Great place for coffee
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 12, 2016
It was nice working there besides the co worker ladies being extremely rude. They did not give me enough hours, but I had a great time working there and gained new skills and experiences.
fun place to work, Fast moving work pace
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 12, 2016
Fun place to work, Fast pace moving work place, Great on customer service, Friendly environment

management and the co workers makes it so easy and smooth for you to work.
definitely ups and downs....
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NBJune 11, 2016
was a great place to work but i was fired unexpectedly well i was 6 months pregnant..... i enjoyed the people i worked wit, i enjoyed the job. fair with tips but you can't rely on having that job for a long period of time.
Pros
free food well working
Cons
unreliable
Hard-working
Barista/Food Prep Worker (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ONJune 11, 2016
Fast-paced and demanding job but worthwhile overall. Enjoyed working with an eclectic group of individuals. Not always the best working conditions and we were always understaffed but if you were good at your job and worked hard, you'd get hours.
Wish it would've stayed the same.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKJune 10, 2016
In the beginning of working there, everything there was great. I enjoyed being at work, loved the people, the management, and hours were good.

After my first year there, everything changed. Which caused everyone to eventually quit, the workplace wasn't fun to be around anymore. No one was happy. So I thought it was time to get a new job so I could be happy again.
Pros
50% on food and cold drinks, free hot drinks. Only while working though
Cons
Management wasn't very good in the end.