Tim Hortons

Tim Hortons Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Messy job but had perks
Customer Service (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 29, 2016
Pros: FREE food
Cons: n/a
A typical day would be working 3-5 hours 3 days a week taking orders and serving coffees and pastries to people, the other workers were around my age group so we could joke around a bit while still being professional at work. I enjoyed the free donuts and beverages at the end of my shifts. :)
Cashier
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Simcoe, ONJanuary 29, 2016
Pros: the customers
Cons: not enough hours
I handle the cash for each order. I served coffee, stocked sugar, creamer, cups, and napkins. I would sweep and mop, as well as clean the washrooms.
fast paced, unpredictable, loved theinteraction with the staff and guests
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 29, 2016
Pros: Free coffee
Cons: 24 hours on call
A typical day at work was very fast. Lots to do with never enough time to get it done. Need to balance constantly prioritising the needs. As a manager I would spend most of the morning 6am-11am supporting the team working directly with the guests wherever I was needed. Throughout the day there would be orders to put in to the many different deliveries we receive. The later part of the day would consist more of the office side of the job, the counting of the money and entering all of the numbers into the computer. I learned many things about how to handle conflict between the staff or guest. I learned how to organize my time as well as how to productively multi task. I learned that I can do many things. The owners of my Tim Hortons group were very supportive and understanding a great group of individuals to work for. I often refer to their behavior as a role model of how to behave myself. I had many co-workers over the years of my time at Tim Horton. In general I have enjoyed them all and always appreciated all of their hard work and dedication to their job. The hardest part of the job was the ever changing policies that the corporate office would decide needed to change. Sometimes you would just get used to one way of doing things and then they would change it. The best part of the job was hands down the people, between the staff and the guests that came to our location. I got to know so many people and enjoyed every minute I was at work interacting with all of them.
Fun and Enthusiastic area to work in.
Manager (Current Employee), Bradford, ONJanuary 29, 2016
Pros: free lunches, control of own resteraunt.
Cons: no overtime pay (salary)
Tim Hortons has provided me with experience in management and social skills in many ways. I have had the opportunities to delegate and position staff and control restaurant demands to meet head office expectations. My duties include: cash management, inventory management, scheduling, training, reporting directly to district managers, ensure restaurant is up to specific outlined standards at all times.
Work Life
Service Attendant (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 29, 2016
Pros: Free lunches
Cons: Have school
I like working hard. Something that will keep me busy and entertain will be the best job. I love cars so anything related to cars is automatically entertainment for me.
Wouldn't recommend unless you're desperate
Team member (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 28, 2016
Pros: Discounted food
Cons: Pay
Tim Horton's treats their employees fairly well though you will often find yourself overworked and underpaid. They expect a lot from employees at a very low compensation level. Management at my store was poor and they didn't care much for the personal lives of employees.
First fast pased job
Customer Service, Food Preparation, Baker (Former Employee), Lasalle, ONJanuary 28, 2016
Pros: friendly customers
Cons: my manager
This type of work environment is not for me. I only worked her for a few months because I could not keep up the pace. When I started working at this certain location they would give me 2-3 days a week but after a while the were barely giving me one day a week. I didnt really talk to my co-workers alot because I was having trouble keeping up.
Busy workplace yet enjoyable job
Cashier (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 28, 2016
Every day is a tiring day but it's fun working with joyful people.The hardest part would be in the morning shift because a lot of people buys coffee and some sandwiches. Working in a fast-paced work environment is quite an exhausting job.
Fast paced and motivated environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Cookstown, ONJanuary 28, 2016
Pros: 50% off during duration of your shift
Cons: Driving distance to work
Tim Hortons is a fast paced, and energetic environment to work at. Customers like employees have good days and bad days, most shifts just have to balance out the good and the bad. There's always a silver lining in every job!
busy workplace
Supervisor/Cashier (Current Employee), Regina, SKJanuary 27, 2016
Pros: free coffee and donuts
Cons: when it's too busy and we"re short of staffs
a busy place to work with. I learned to work fast and deal with people from all walks of life. We have kind owners, general managers,and managers. My co workers are nice and dependable most of them have same nationality with me. We have to work fast and accurate especially when it"s too busy. I enjoyed working when we are all working as a team and having some fun times.
amazing co-workers
cashier (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJanuary 27, 2016
Pros: 1 free lunch
Cons: Long hours / a lot of overtime
The tim horton where i worked at, needed better management.
some of the staff would never show up, we were alway's short handed and alway's needed to work over time.

we were truly underpaid for the amount of work we would work for.
and if we did over time we would not get a meal out of it we would have to pay for it ourselves. the owner was severe on that.
no big deal just only if it was not every day and if we were given a head's up to bring our own meals.
i was a student who had school supplies and an apartment to pay, i couldn't afford to pay fast food meals every day.

some of my co workers were great people, i did make a lot of friends working there.
the tipping was great as we did give good service as alway's and we were well situated also.
my experience
Supervisor for a staff of 6 (Former Employee), Hanover, ONJanuary 27, 2016
Decent place to work, great co-workers.
Needed a change in pace, and something that works better with my home life. Would still be there if it wasn't for a change in schedules.They have great benefits.
not a fun workplace
Tim Hortons Team Member (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 26, 2016
Pros: free donuts
Cons: bad management
I hated working at Tim Hortons. THE MANAGER'S WHOLE FAMILY WORKS THERE. It was not such a diverse company, not at all. The manager gives his/her daughter and/or son privileges that normal workers did not have.
nice work
Team member (Former Employee), Barrie, ONJanuary 26, 2016
I made donuts. I made coffee... I learned how to take customers. I would sweep and mop the store. sometimes twice a day. nowe I need more works.
management is no good but overall good place to work otherwise.
Baker (Former Employee), Saint-Lazare, QCJanuary 26, 2016
Pros: shifts are flexible
Cons: didn't meet the always fresh standards
i spent 10 years at tim hortons and enjoyed my job to bad they changed management.she didn't follow the always fresh standards,just tried to save money by re labeling the products,unfortunately i couldn't go with that as i was trained by the corporation.
Very friendly and hardworking crew
Food Service Worker/Cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 26, 2016
Pros: We had a good team
Cons: Sad we had to part
The last store i worked at was great my co workers good team. Enjoyable part dealing with the public i have met some very nice people due to this job. Hardest part when costumers are not satisfied which happans from time to time. Working with this company for so meny years i have learned how to come togeather and work as part of a team which is very important. My typical day would start at 5.30am prep and get the line ready for 6am opening most of the day i would be on deli makeing countless sandwiches and suchlike afternoon i would do cash its hectic and busy but that was my day
good freindly environment to work
Baker (Current Employee), Rock City Plaza Nanaimo BCJanuary 26, 2016
working at a leisurely pace getting things baked in good time and get them in the show case by 4 am. Work with customers to get their orders done in a decent time frame.
Discrimatory and unpleasant workplace
Front Counter Associate (Current Employee), Grande Prairie, ABJanuary 25, 2016
My tips got stolen, i was kicked in my injured ankle by a supervisor who smiled as i went home in tears,sorry excuse for management and you only get max 2 fifteen minute breaks even when working 9+ hours
Loved My Job.
Team Member (Former Employee), Brantford, ONJanuary 25, 2016
Pros: Putting lunches on paychecks, made wonderful friends, mostly happy customers, fun job!
Cons: That particular store environment.
I loved my job, 95% of the people I worked with, and majority of my customers.

The only issue I had was with the work environment itself. Things were breaking (and left unfixed), and the managers/owners didn't seem to care much about their store, which left the employees with a "if they don't care, I won't" attitude.

I did what I could for as long as I could (9 months), but once things started to interfere with me mentally, I could no longer work in that environment.
Usefull , and fun work place
Baker (Former Employee), 1950 Walkley Rd, Ottawa, ON K1H 1W1January 24, 2016
The first day i worked at Tim Hortons it was pretty hard and i thought it was tough . But after a week i've learned so much and worked hard two bring positive energy and a good teamwork for Tim Hortons thanks to my Co-workers . What i've enjoyed about working for Tim Hortons is seeing the smile on the customers face after giving them what they ordered with joy .
Headquarters