Tim Hortons

Tim Hortons Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Awesome Job
Camp Day (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBJuly 10, 2015
It is a great opportunity for me to work at Tim Horton's Camp Day because I had learned about selling, asking and cooperating with people around. We also, hold a sign and asking for Car wash. There is no hardest part of the job but I enjoyed working there as Volunteer.
Fast and Furious
Cashier (Former Employee), KamloopsJuly 10, 2015
Had a lot of experience through my work at Tim Horton's. Learnt a lot in the field of customer service and satisfaction. The most enjoyable part of the job was the drive thru experience.
its was fun
Store Front Employee (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 10, 2015
it was fun i learned a lot in this company. it was very
enjoyable working in here and meeting different kinds of customer.
Loads of work for a minimal pay
Part-time summer job (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 10, 2015
Pros: Free hot drinks
Cons: Only one break in an eight hour schedule
Working at Tim Hortons was a delight but it also opened up many areas for stress to budge into my life because of me being a student in high school at that time. Overall the job was fun of full of challenges.
A job is a job, that doesn't make it easy.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Ottawa, OntarioJuly 9, 2015
Pros: The staff, the customers
Cons: Management
At the location I worked at, every day was busy, every second day was understaffed. Some how we managed to get everything done, but we always had to stay after hours to finish up. Since I was there for 6 years, I learned quite a bit from, inventory, to stock, to bake, to prep. The management is changing and everything is up in the air, they also tend to not look at your availability properly if you change it. The staff are wonderful and friendly, hard working and reliable. The hardest part of the job was the first hour of work, where they would yell at me for their mistakes and push more work onto my work load. The part I always enjoyed was making the customers smile, making their days better.
Fast Paced Work Environment
Team Member (Former Employee), Oak RidgesJuly 9, 2015
This job taught me a lot about how to work in a very fast paced environment but still being able to stay calm and give customers the best service possible.
productive and always fun
Storefront/Baker (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONJuly 9, 2015
Pros: co- workers
Cons: customers
training other co-workers on other stations example coffee, soup and sandwich, cash, baking.
Dealing with unhappy customers and trying to make their day better with a simple please and thank you and having them get their product in a timely manor
Good first job to have
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONJuly 9, 2015
- Unusual hours due to the population that the company provides to.
- Good co-workers.
- Owners were very personal and caring.
- Managers were great
Productive work pace
Shift Supervisor, Storefront, Customer Service (Former Employee), Surrey, BCJuly 9, 2015
The times that I was working here, you'll meet different kinds of people. Fortunately, the crew I'm with are excellent. Team would be the best thing that will help work things out specially with a work pace that needed hard-work!
Fun place to work
Baker (Current Employee), Brampton, ONJuly 9, 2015
By working at Tim Horton's gave me a new platform to decide whether I am people person or not. Dealing with hundreds of guests everyday gives a new pace in skills which helps to generate new skills i.e. time management, leader, team worker, friendly.
Team work, Co-ordination, place to learn
Team Member (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 8, 2015
It give us alot to learn to make career and to create oppurtunities. It also give us experience to handle customer problems.
Fast Paced Customer Service
Storefront Team Member (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONJuly 8, 2015
Typical chores around the Tim Hortons restaurant would be stocking fridges, displays, cups, lids, etc. I learned a lot about providing efficient, and friendly customer service, and learned proper build techniques for beverages, sandwiches, etc. The work environment (co-workers, management, supervisors, etc.) was a relaxed and enjoyable environment. I enjoyed prepping sandwiches and donuts.
Great job to build my experience on
Store Front (Former Employee), 201 Cundles Rd EJuly 8, 2015
Pros: Working with people. Friendly environmet
Cons: minimum choice with discounts.
My review for Tim Horton's is that it was a great place to learn the handles of what it is like to work in a workplace. I loved working with the customers even if the customers gave me a hard time. Just to see them happy for something I helped give them is the best feeling for an customer service goal.
Great Job For a Teen
Team Member (Former Employee), Brantford, ONJuly 8, 2015
Pros: Great Environment
Cons: Part Time
This was a very smooth running engine and all of the employees got along with each other quite well. We managed to stay the top in sales in our region for the whole time I was there. Though it was a good job it was only part-time and was only really good to have for a student or teen.
Very negative work experience.
Lobby Attendant/Production Assistant (Former Employee), CourtenayJuly 8, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: No job security, hours and shifts cut due to Burger King takeover.
Job duties changed on a regular basis. Shifts and hours cut. Disrespectful management. Employees treated other employees with disrespect as per management and supervisor's example.
Great team work exprience
Food Counter Attendant (Current Employee), Edson, ABJuly 8, 2015
Pros: discounted food
Cons: long hours standing
Everyday is a busy day but we handled it swiftly because of the great team efforts and team work. I have learned how to deal with different types of people. The management is quite good in doing their respective jobs. My co-workers where fun even though we are much stressed out at times during our busy hours. The hardest part of the job is balancing the past faced environment while giving the best guest service possible. The most enjoyable part of the job is when everybody cooperates at work and thus teamwork wins!
A fast-paced environment with pleasant coworkers
Part-time Cashier and Sandwich Maker (Former Employee), Chilliwack, BCJuly 8, 2015
Pros: Friendly coworkers
Cons: Can be overwhelming and stressful when busy
I worked for Tim Hortons for about six months. My day-to-day experience depended mostly on who I was working with and whether or not we were understaffed. I was paid $10.25 per hour. I noticed that the managers were sometimes disorganized and took their frustration out on their employees, although some days they could be very patient and courteous and had a good sense of humor. The schedule was sometimes – more... posted only one day before the week started unlike most places which have it posted two weeks in advance. My coworkers were great people and I loved working with them. The hardest part of the job was when we were understaffed and there was a rush, one time there was only two of us up front and we had to do counter, drive-thru, AND make food and drinks. You have to be able to multi-task and do it fast! The most enjoyable part of the job for me was the social aspect of it. Almost everyone is friendly and understanding and willing to help you out when necessary. – less
Fast paced and busy environment with very enjoyable physical tasks
RESTAURANT TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee), Grand Falls-Windsor, NLJuly 7, 2015
Pros: Fulfilling interaction with the public, free allotted meals during breaks, most days having a great team helped, plus I found the physical job itself enjoyable
Cons: Short breaks (too far inbetween), misunderstanding of personal issues, discouragement from applying for benefits, and discouragement from moving on to other work
Tim Hortons was actually a fantastic place to work based solely on the physical labor itself; there was always something to keep you busy and make the day go faster. The hardest part would be understanding of personal situations; I developed a type of seizure from my anti-depressant a few months back and my boss at the time wasn't the most understanding. They've since dissipated since I stopped the – more... medication but regardless understanding of such issues was difficult in my workplace.
All in all,it was a pleasant experience despite; I learned patience with customers is key and time management is a vital factor in completing your work efficiently and on time. Also, I gained the understanding that a positive attitude with a friendly smile can make someone's day, and bring ease to yours.
My tasks included everything from Sandwich Station, preparing an extensive menu of items to two storefront cashes and one drive thru lane, to filling coffee cups for drive thru's fast paced environment. – less
Reached the goal of the day.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABJuly 6, 2015
Morning is the busy hours especially during winter, I learned to communicate different attitude of person, we do teamwork to achieve our goal, the most enjoyable part is when we achieve our goal because we have free foods from our superiors.
Fun place to work
Retail/ Cashier (Former Employee), London, OntarioJuly 6, 2015
A typical day at work consisted of stocking product and serving customers. Managers, supervisors and team leaders were all enjoyable people to work with.

About Tim Hortons

Tim Hortons Inc. is a Canadian fast casual restaurant known for its coffee and doughnuts. It is also Canada's largest fast food – Read more