Tim Hortons Employee Reviews

Found 5,814 reviews matching the search
Productive but difficult at times
Counter Staff (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB29 November 2016
Tim Hortons is full of hard working staf members which create a well balanced restaurant. Co-workers work well together and get the job done fast in the most efficient way.
Pros
One Free hot drink per shift
Cons
Don't book proper hours due to my school times
Mostly fun
Restaurant worker (Former Employee) –  Steinbach, MB28 November 2016
Tim Hortons was surprisingly fun. I still maintain that it is the most challenging job I've ever done. There are so many small details that you have to get exactly right in a fast-paced environment but the staff and management was good and easy to work with. Salary is what you would expect from fast-food but the flexible schedule is perfect for students or anyone looking for part-time work
great workplace. great people
Front Counter Staff (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON28 November 2016
i have been working in tim hortons since september 24th, i love working there i enjoy going to work everyday because they are all a friendly and great people i work with especially the manager.
Pros
Free food
Cons
nothing
Fast-paced workplace providing many hours
I Cashier/Team Member (Current Employee) –  Walkerton, ON28 November 2016
This is a fast-paced work place which would be ideal for the employee who enjoys engaging in customer interactions. There are long hours, but the time goes by quickly.
Pros
50% discount on food
Cons
Not a fun place to work at
Storefront team member (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 November 2016
Constantly have to deal with co workers who are always taking advantage of your hard work and kindness by making us do a task that they've been assigned to do for them. Furthermore, you will have to deal with some nice customers as well some customers who are constantly putting blame on the workers for mistakes we haven't committed, so that way they can get the free way or food for free, as Tim Hortons prioritizes customer satisfaction. I've learned to manage my time at school, work, and home chores efficiently and learned to set my priorities. The hardest part of the job is managing asking requesting for a flexible schedule. There were instances where the manager tried to force me to come to work during a time I have school, even after I've shown her the timetable many times. To be very honest, the job isn't enjoyable at all.
Pros
Safe place to work overall
Cons
The job overall
Productive,fast-paced
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 November 2016
More employees are needed because of busy environment.it was really fun working pver there.meeting new people is experience in itself
Poor benefits
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON27 November 2016
I was surprised when I heard the benefits package was so expensive. Almost not worth looking in to. A good stepping stone job but not a job that you will want to retire with.
Pros
Full time hours
Cons
Poor benefits package
Friendly Environment
Food Handler (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON27 November 2016
I loved working as a food handler, as I worked alongside great people and I benefited from the customer service experience
Pros
Free Donuts
Cons
Night shifts
Stressfull environment to work in.
Head Baker (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS26 November 2016
I loved working as an overnight Baker. Followed Tim Horton's
protocol. The work was long and hard,but rewarding. However,
the owners were very difficult to work with.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
really any breaks
Fun workplace at tims
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS26 November 2016
Long hours not enough pay for what we girls do in a run of a day.

The hardest part of this job is to keep your mouth shut when customers yell throw things at you

You learn to have to deal with stressful situations

Co workers I love like my family

Management is grate at my tims

My tims you got family they treat you good they try
there best to work out shifts for us all.

Best part of the day is when you know your shift is over and you can go home and see my kids
Pros
Tips
Cons
Long hours /less of a pay /on your feet alot
As a Cashier
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON25 November 2016
Give the warmed welcome to the customers during the posting time. Each order gets from customers,more variety. Accordingly, the order packed without any missing items.
extraordeinery work experience
Front desk operator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 November 2016
work in drive thru and handle the sandwich station with seconds in counting.love to interact with lots of people and make them friends and lovely staff. unforgettable experience.
Pros
everything is great
Cons
I good place to work at. Greet Customers and make Customers happy.
Team member (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC25 November 2016
The management and co-worker were amazing. The best part about working there was that when a customer is happy and smiling, it makes my day even better.
Poor Management
Team Member (Current Employee) –  LaSalle, ON25 November 2016
The management staff often made me work on days that I called in sick more than 6 hours in advanced. They were not flexible with my school schedule and I often had to place my job above my schooling.
Pros
Friendly staff members
Cons
Non-Flexible
Fun and Family Oriented Environment
Cashier/ Management in Training (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON25 November 2016
A typical day at work would be greeting and serving customer's. Making coffee and putting smiles on the faces that come to enjoy a warm cup of happiness. It is a happy place to work surrounded by joy and cheer. The holiday are always the best, receiving new treats to taste and all new drinks you get to sample. So that you have a better understanding of the product if the customer has questions. Management was always helpful and never lazy, while still being able to accomplish what they where required to do at the end of their shifts. They had a firm understanding of the rules but was sensitive to peoples needs when required. My favorite part of the job was the advancement and ability to move up on the chain.
Pros
Free Coffee (while at work)
Cons
Long Shifts
Bad
goffer (Former Employee) –  Langdon, AB25 November 2016
It was the worst place I have ever worked for. Training sucked! No room for advancement. Everyone was treated like little kids. Not a good place to work.
Pros
NONE
Cons
NO training
Fun working place
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON24 November 2016
Would love to work as a team member. The staff is really good. I learned a lot working there. The best part is making people happy and staying happy
Was a great job in learning work etiquette and teamwork skills.
Cashier/Drive-Thru Attendant/Baker (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON24 November 2016
I enjoyed working for Tim Hortons. It really showed how an effective company should be with great punctuality and kindness in staff. It taught me more about customer service in talking to the public all day which now I love doing.
Pros
Great staff, enjoyed being around all them and customers.
Cons
Ended up working nightshifts and needed to move on
Fun & Caring employees
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Dresden, ON24 November 2016
this workplace was great, worked there for 4 years and loved it. very clean, very reasonable hours and very friendly employees & costumers
Cons
short lunches and next to no breaks
Good working environment
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON23 November 2016
I supervise people during my shift assigning different duties to them. I make sure all tasks are done and motivate my team to accomplish them. I help all team members during the shift. I also count end of day cash.