Tim Hortons

Tim Hortons Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Tim Hortons
Team Member/Baker (Current Employee), KingstonAugust 17, 2015
Typical day at work included a busy, fast paced enviornment of interacting with customers. I learned how to work efficiently as part of a team.
Depends on place of work. Can be great or absolutely miserable.
Store Front / Part time Supervisor (Current Employee), London, ONAugust 17, 2015
Depends on place.
Inadequate staffing for shift objectives
Staff not trained appropriately
Some locations do not work around employees schedules as advertised in every Tim Hortons job ad

minimum wage is not enough to live on nor enough for the stress of the job

good and bad customers
It depends on the crew you are working with
Cashier (Former Employee), Windsor, ONAugust 14, 2015
Pros: free or discounted food (at some locations), flexible schedule
I've worked at three Tim Hortons. At one I had a terrific experience, another was terrible, and the last was neutral. It all comes down to management, that was what made the most difference, as the daily tasks remained the same at all locations. The job itself included cash handling, food prep, and cleaning. A really good job for people who are gaining experience. Good for students and part timers, as the schedule is flexible.
bake donut, breakfast, lunch
Baker (Former Employee), 18403 111 Ave NW, edmontonAugust 14, 2015
Pros: Free coffer, discount 50%
Cons: early hour ( 6 am - 2 pm), short rest ( 15' for 1 rest)
Detail my job in Tim Horton:
Bake Donut, Muffin, cookie, bagel...
Make Breakfast, Lunch
Clean dishwasher
Clean Kitchen
Drop garbage
Deliver box from freezer
Tim's is awesome!
Team Member (Former Employee), OttawaAugust 13, 2015
Loved to work at Timmies', co-workers were great! Would love to go back. I miss interacting with all the different customers. Mostly worked day-shift and would want the same if/when I go back.
Its a fast food resturant.
Team Member (Former Employee), Barrie, ONAugust 13, 2015
It's like working at any other customer service job. But there is plenty of room for advancement. Shift work is harder because they can give you the most random of shifts.
Junior People Only
Manager (Former Employee), Oakville, ONAugust 13, 2015
Tim Hortons is a great place to start your career, as they will give recent graduates the opportunity to take on fairly senior positions. Unfortunately, this opportunity comes with very high expectations with regards to working hours and timelines. Also, while the compensation is relatively high for those entering the workforce, there is no commensurate recognition for experience, so most employees will move on after putting in their three to five years.
Unprofessional managment
Baker/Cashier (Current Employee), ThoroldAugust 12, 2015
Many inappropriate situations occurred and were never dealt with properly by management.
Most evening shifts were find, I enjoyed the people working evenings, but the management team never dealt with problems occurring with the supervisor staff , said they did the right thing or that" its just their personality" I felt like it was highly inappropriate
As for the job its self, I found it repetitive and lacking in creativity or problem solving, if something was ever wrong, you apologize and offer a free drink or to make their order over again
serving the customers, and making orders right.
Team member (Current Employee), Scarborough, ONAugust 12, 2015
a typical day at work includes serving our customers, making food, beverage, and sandwiches, cleaning the dishes and coffee stations. also making sure everything is done fast and perfect. Learned how to enjoy team work as serving the Drive thru customers as fast and as convenient as possible. Recently became the sandwich person, therefore cleaning dishes and utensils in the correct way to avoid food borne illness to our customers.
Friendly Staff, but terrible gossip
Baker/Storefront (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONAugust 12, 2015
I enjoyed working with both co-workers and management, but at times gossip would occur and occasionally become out of control.
Good
Customer service (Current Employee), Woodstock, ON Highway 401 eastboundAugust 11, 2015
Pros: Tips
Cons: Poor management
Not a very good place to work. High turnover rate.

Most people are friendly with the regulars and other people assume the highway is the same as a Tim Horton's in town.
Good structure
Counter Clerk & Drive Thru (Former Employee), Fort Erie, ONAugust 11, 2015
Pros: good hours
Cons: not a job for people who don't want to always be inside
Keeps you very in line and not a lot of freedom to kind of explore new things you just learn what they give you at the time and its not a lot.
Excellent costumer service skills
Front Counter (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONAugust 11, 2015
I enjoy working with costumers in daily basses ..I am a hard worker and enjoy working on my own and as team player ... I am very polite and professional when working with costumer and very detail oriented and have excellent listening skills and time management .
good customer experience
cashier/ kitchen prep (Former Employee), hull quebecAugust 11, 2015
Pros: pros : flexible hours to be able to go toschool
Cons: small salery
it was a good customer experience, the work was easy, good work place

i wasn't not making enough money to support myself.
favoritism
cashier (Former Employee), Granville streetAugust 11, 2015
supervisors has to much favouritism for some people ether than that is was fine i had a good time working there if the supervisors were fare
working
cashier/coffee maker (Former Employee), Kelowna, BC, CAAugust 10, 2015
Pros: Free food while on breaks
Cons: 20 second drive through
Typical day, was making sure you made the guest food or drink correctly, in a short period of time. I learn how to work quickly while listening to instructions correctly, learned how to deal with grumpy guests as well.
learned and had a wonderful time with my team
Supervisor (Current Employee), Scarborough, ONAugust 10, 2015
Pros: customers service
Cons: big responsibility
I think this the best place to learn customer service and hospitality and how to work with multicultural environment. I think this the place to interact to a number of people and serve them fresh and delicious food and it so much fun to spend time in busy place.
Alright
Counter Help, Baker (Current Employee), stoney creek ontarioAugust 10, 2015
not an ideal job but you can always count on having a steady work week for income, high stress job includes working with not the friendliest of people.
TIM HORTANS
Cashier/ Server (Former Employee), Palgrave, ONAugust 10, 2015
NOT A BAD WORK ENVIROMENT. TRAINING IS GREAT, AND YOUR DOING SOMETHING DIFFERENT EVERYDAY. MANAGEMNT WAS SOME WHAT POOR CIGARETTE BREAKS ARE MORE IMPORTANT THAN CUSTOMERS.
not good
Supervisor/Cashier (Current Employee), Moncton, NBAugust 10, 2015
Pros: Free food
Cons: Bad management
I've been with Tim Hortons for almost two years now, I recently got a letter in the mail saying I was fired even though I wasn't. Also I would only get my schedule maybe a day ahead, I told my manager several times that I do not want to work night shifts, 2-10:30. I still been working those same shifts.