Tim Hortons Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Cashier, Food Prep & Customer Service (Former Employee), London, ONApril 22, 2016
It was fun and busy which I like about a work place. jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk.
Disorganized
Store Front (Former Employee), Brampton, ONApril 21, 2016
Pros: Discount on Sandwhiches
Cons: not enough hours
Was sent home many times when business was slow. Understaffed a lot of times. Management was very poor. Lunch break was 30 minutes per 5 hour shift but by the time you punch in for break and order your food and sit down to eat, 15 mins has already passed.
fast pace environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Brantford, ONApril 21, 2016
Pros: paid break
Cons: rude customers
Tim Horton's is a very fast paced environment and can be very stressful at times a few of there locations lack cleanliness and the ability to respect there employees and customers. The hours can be ridiculous and unfair.
Good job to start out when you have never worked before
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONApril 20, 2016
It's a great place to start out when you have never worked or had a nob before. They also teach you how to work in a fast pace environment.
Fantastic atmosphere
Team Member/Drive-thru/ Soup and Sandwich prep (Former Employee), Dawson Creek, BCApril 20, 2016
Pros: Lunches
Cons: Pants
my time spent at Tim Hortons was a postive experience, I learned how to make a great coup of coffee and also got to experience working with multiple cultures. The hardest part of the job is the uniform, polyester pants am I right?
Busy atmosphere to work in
Food Preparation Worker (Former Employee), Midland, ONApril 20, 2016
Pros: days went by fast
Cons: none
Great working with the public and preparing their orders and baking in the back.
People were great to work with.
management at the time was a little demanding.
Things were organized quite well and the flow of the job to get people their coffee.
Fast-paced but fun environment
Storefront/Cashier (Former Employee), Welland, ONApril 19, 2016
Working at Tim Horton's taught me how to multitask in a productive manner. In one shift, I could be taking out the garbage, working drive-thru, sweeping/mopping the floors, preparing sandwiches, making drinks, or cleaning the bathrooms. Being a team member at Tim Horton's also showed me how important teamwork is, especially in close spaces with sometimes long hours.You have to be a reliable member of the team and able to work both in a group or independently.
Stressful but fun
Supervisor (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 19, 2016
Always busy so time goes by very fast. Teaches you time management and the effectiveness of a great team. Co-workers are great but sometimes hard to communicate because of the language barrier.
Service à la clientèle (Former Employee), Gatineau, QCApril 19, 2016
I didn't like working there, they teach me in one day how to do all the stuff and they left me alone for the rest of my formation. The manager is not very kind with his employees.
Fun part time job
CASHIER (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONApril 19, 2016
Pros: Meeting friendly TiCat fans
Cons: It was only temporary
I loved this job as it was completely different as to the other jobs I have done in the past. I worked as a cashier in a fun paced environment at Tim Horton's Field for the PanAm games and TiCats games. I spoke to all my co workers and made a few new friends, I also found the Supervisors very open and friendly with everyone.
free coffee
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONApril 19, 2016
prepare and serve coffee to customers, prepare meals for the lunch hour, assist with cleaning rest rooms and general eating area. cash out customers
healthy environment
Front line customer service staff (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBApril 19, 2016
Pros: free meals to employees
Cons: little bit hactic
Tim hortons is a great experience. on the very first day of my job i was welcomed by my staff very warmly and supervisor cooperated with me at every moment. I have learned a lot like how to be patient and polite to people. Management is very well organized and co-workers are very helpful. The hardest part of the job is when a customer wants or order something and you are short of it. the most enjoyable part of the job is the job itself.
Team Member (Current Employee), Peterborough, ONApril 19, 2016
Pros: Free hot drinks.
Cons: only half hour after 5 hours
It was good. i liked the people I worked with. I would deal with alot of coustomers and had my regualrs. I loves talking with them each day,
good for working around your schedule as a student
Store Front (Former Employee), Grande Prairie, ABApril 19, 2016
Pros: free lunch
Cons: dictate what food you can have and cant have.
almost the entire time I worked for Tims I was a highschool or university student so I liked that they were flexible with my school schedule so I was able to choose the days and hours I could work that worked best for me so I was able to attend school while getting full hours at work.
It is great to work there. You meet a lot of customers and you know their order.
supervisor-customer service (Current Employee), Guelph, ONApril 19, 2016
I love working there and my co-workers were great. I learned a lot plus the customers are great. The hardest part was making sure the doughnuts were the correct ones when baking.
Fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), Montréal, QCApril 19, 2016
Pros: Working with a good staff, giving good customer service
Cons: The Hours
Well, i had a good experience working at tim hortons and i have many experiences where i gave all the customers that came , a smile and also most of all good customer service is what i offered towards to reward them with a smile.
Excellent coworkers, great environment
Cleaner, Front counter sales attendant (Former Employee), St. Albert, ABApril 19, 2016
Pros: Discounted meals
Management was tough on those who couldn't follow instructions, but it was reasonable for the reasons of keeping everyone safe and preparing food at the right time. I learned a lot of skills for handling money, food, and high-pressure scenarios. Co-workers are all lovely and intelligent people. Extremely flexible schedules.
Productive and learning experience.
Cashier (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONApril 18, 2016
A typical day at Tim Hortons was very fast paced and sometimes very frantic, especially during peak hours. However, I still liked my job and the management was very professional and cooperative. The hardest part of the job was definitely dealing with the high influx of customers during rush hours. The most enjoyable part was meeting new people each day.
Hardwork
Supervisor (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBApril 18, 2016
Everyday we have drive thru goals to achieve. Leaned how to deal with customers in different situations. Supervised 13 people on he floor.
fast paced
Store Front (Former Employee), Thunder Bay, ONApril 18, 2016
working at tim hortons was pretty fast on your feet saw some accidents happen with hot coffee being spilled on hands and falling
Headquarters