Tim Hortons
3,724 reviews

Tim Hortons Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and fun work environment for all ages
Tim Hortons (Current Employee), London, ONJune 17, 2015
Pros: Free lunches and breaks split into two 15 minute breaks
Cons: Rude customers
I work at Tim Horton's full time and it's honestly such a pleasure. I get to meet such amazing, interesting people every day and get to work with the most friendly coworkers. The hardest part of the job is a dispute with a difficult customer, but these are easily resolved. The most enjoyable part of the job I would have to say is meeting friendly new people and hearing all of their great stories.
Great employees and work to do. Management needs a bit of work.
Cashier/Server (Current Employee), South Fraser Way, AbbotsfordJune 17, 2015
Pros: Fun work and great co-workers
Cons: Hour cuts and poor management
I really enjoy working here, I love my co-workers the guests and the jobs I do. The only downfall is the management and the fact you have no chance of advancing. Management practically belittles you on a day to day basis. I feel I have so much more to give and much further to go.
enjoyable
Cashier/Food Attendant (Former Employee), Lindsay, ONJune 16, 2015
Count cash flow
take over cashier allow others to head home
tidy area
restock items that were needed
learned how to work in a fast environment
worked night shift and it was awesome.
Cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 16, 2015
Pros: night shift could extend to morning shift if someone called in sick.
Cons: none...
Worked as night shift employee and it was awesome working there. It was also fun to work at Tim Hortons night shift employee.
Productive with no wait times
Front cashier/Sandwich and beverage preperation (Former Employee), Mount Hope, ONJune 16, 2015
Typical day at work was opening the store, having your usual daily rushes and having your times in between to clean the store.
Fun place to work
Front End Team Member (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJune 16, 2015
Good place to work you feel as a family and we have fun time with other staff
Management staff are helpful as much as they can.
Productive and busy workplace
Driver (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 16, 2015
Received and stocked supplies. Delivered bagels and donuts. Made coffee and tea. Received and gave change. I learned it is a high pressure to work in a busy workplace. The hardest part of the job was not being able to cope with the high pressure. The most enjoyable part of the job was to work with uniforms.
Productive work environment
Hôte/host (Former Employee), Montreal, QCJune 16, 2015
Pros: Free coffee
Cons: Night shift
A typical day at work involved walking in and cleaning while serving customers coffee and doughnuts

I learned priorities from this job. For example. I should serve a customer before finish making my doughnuts

The management staff was helpful. The job was in a rush environment and they would work side by side the employees.

The co-workers knew how to serve their clients, and were helpful with information.

The hardest part of the job was how busy it got. People running around and bumping into each other and spilling coffee on each other is not fun.
I really did enjoy the rush hours, didn't have to think. Just move and pant until it got quiet enough to mop up the mess you made. It was simple.
Good Place to work
Front Cashier and Drive Thru (Former Employee), Thorold, ONJune 15, 2015
Fast past enviorment, I loved working with the public and product that we were. Staff was very friendly and welcoming. Close to my school so it was easy to work around my personal/school life.
busy workplace
Cashier/back helper (Former Employee), Mississauga, OntarioJune 15, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: over time and some time other worker trying to be boss
TIM HORTON’S (MAY 2010 TO DECEMBER 2012)
Cashier/back helper
Maintained the front and back of the restaurant effectively and efficiently
Operated the drive -thru effectively
Improved customer service skills through various employer mandated workshops
Organized the work area from front to back daily
Review
Baker/ Cashier (Former Employee), Airdrie, ABJune 15, 2015
Pros: work schedule fit my needs
A typical day working at Tim Hortons was busy, but it was a pretty good place to work.

I learned a lot about the company by watching videos and also how to get things done. I also learnt how to give great customer service and how to open up to the people that I worked with when something was wrong.

As far as management goes there were a few bumps here and there but over all it was pretty good. – more... The one thing that did bother me for a while was that most of the managers would sit in the office instead of helping out the people up front, but that changed when people started to complain to the company.

My co-workers were great I loved talking and working with them. I truly miss it some days.

The hardest part of the job was having a lot on my plate and people expecting more out of me when I was unable to do it.

The most enjoyable part of the job was that I was secured and well respected. – less
Supervisor
Shift Leader (Former Employee), Leader, SKJune 14, 2015
Pros: Free coffee
Not to bad of a job liked working with the people also had lots of regulars who would come in for coffee. Hours were not to bad either. Benefits were good as well.
Fun and easy going workplace, with great staff.
cashier/ soup and sandwhich (Current Employee), Orleans, ONTJune 13, 2015
Pros: great staff
Cons: lunch rush
More experience in fast service, I enjoy doing all tasks at my workplace, and I love my team, and how fast we all work together. I am mostly on soup/sandwich duty, and I enjoy it very much.
Co-workers are down to earth and fun to work with
Counter-based customer service (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJune 12, 2015
Pros: Free meal per shift and 50% discount on items above meal
Cons: I normally work drive-thru window, so am standing in one spot anywhere from 2-7 hours per shift.
I enjoy meeting and greeting the customers. Working at Tim Horton's for the past 9 months has given me a deep respect for fast-food workers...being behind the counter is not as easy as people think it is. There is much to learn and you're required to be very fast, accurate and friendly at all times. The most difficult part of the job for me is remembering what sauces go on which sandwiches. I love my job, co-workers and the customers but I need a Monday-Friday job. I am getting too old for "straddled" shifts.
Receptionist
Receptionist (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 11, 2015
I would answer phone calls. Book appointments for patience. Call the necessary patients and verify their health car number.
its alright
Customer Service (Current Employee), Peterborough, ONJune 11, 2015
working the midnights is hard you for anyone...my customers are great but the hours and job its self iis not worth the pay
productive
Currently an employee (Current Employee), Vaughan, ontarioJune 11, 2015
Pros: good friends and managers
Cons: busy and fast paced
fun place to work at
a lot of team working skills required
must be fast paced
managing time is an asset
a lot of customer interaction
nice job
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Brampton, ONJune 11, 2015
i like dis job coz all team members r vry friendly.
when we serve customers,some r vry nice and some r so rude bt we hv to go thru wid this sometimes and we hv to b good services to them and should b friendly wid dem
Busy place that always keeps you on your feet
Baker - Part Time (Current Employee), Stouffville, ONJune 11, 2015
Pros: free snacks, friendly team members
Cons: Standing for long times
Good for people who like busy environments and don't want to be standing on their feet doing nothing all day.
Experience challenges with benefits
Productive and fun workplace with coffee and snacks
Cashier (Former Employee), Ottawa, OnJune 11, 2015
Working at Tim Hortons was really great and it taught me a lot about customer service and how to be a team member. It usually busy so i have learn how to do my job fast and good and also how to multi task.

About Tim Hortons

Tim Hortons Inc. is a Canadian fast casual restaurant known for its coffee and doughnuts. It is also Canada's largest fast food – Read more