Tim Hortons Employee Reviews

Found 7,532 reviews matching the search
Great job for high school students/teens
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON23 June 2017
Depending on the time of the day you're working, it's either very faced paced (mornings) or fairly quiet (evenings). Great job for beginners who need experience; flexible hours and understanding managers (most of the time). Teaches you how to be patient and understanding with customers.
Wait on customer and serve coffee
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON22 June 2017
Good minimum wage job. The hardest part of working here is that orders have to be perfect and long days standing on your feet. Otherwise no that bad of a job. You need to work at a very fast pace all the time with no errors.
Travail très agréable avec beaucoup de contact avec les gens
Service à la clientèle, caissier, boulanger (Current Employee) –  Boischatel, QC22 June 2017
Ce que j'apprécie le plus c'est l'équipe très dynamique, le travail soutenu, le sentiment de rendre service aux autres et de les rendres heureux et de résoudre des problèmes autant ceux des clients que ceux dans le restaurant.
Pros
Rendre les gens heureux en leur servant ce qu'ils désirent
Cons
Trop d'erreurs d'horaire
Fast Paced
Supervisor, Trainer (Current Employee) –  Arnprior, ON22 June 2017
Great first job, Fast paced and very speed and quality oriented. owners want you to succeed and flourish. there is always room for advancement and at my location benefits are available.
great coworkers and managers made the job great.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Osoyoos, BC22 June 2017
I was always in drive thru, which meant that my day could go by very quickly. Coworkers were wonderful people, and they were all helpful. My manager and assistant manager were amazing people who I still consider to be friends to this day. The hardest part of the job was definitely dealing with some of the cranky customers (especially since they hadn't had their coffee yet, hence them coming in). However, the friendly atmosphere that the coworkers made in the store made dealing with those customers worth it.
Pros
great coworkers, great managers
Cons
cranky customers
Your typical minimum wage fast-food job.
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 June 2017
As a part-time team member at Tim Hortons, I do a large number of tasks every day such as serving customers, stocking up, cleaning, working on drive-thru and keeping the rate of service at 40 seconds or less per car. When possible, I help train new employees on the job.

The greatest skill I've learned and exercise every day is the ability to prioritize well. I've improved my customer service skills, upselling skills, and general ability to multitask in a high-intensity environment.

The hours are long (typically 7-9 hour shifts) with one 30-minute break. The shift requires you to stand and constantly move around in a small space with a few other workers, however, warm interactions with guests and co-workers make it not so bad.
Pros
Free snacks
Cons
Long hours standing
Awesome jump start of customer service representative career
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON22 June 2017
Typical day at work is very busy and non-stop work. It's great as the time passes pretty quickly and dealing with customers is the most fun part as you deal mostly with happy customers. The hardest part of the job is to keep the pace constant. Workplace culture depends on team workers and whether the management is hiring appropriate number of employees for the tasks distribution.
The staff had excellent management and co staff, the hours you needed were always given, and the job never Interfered with your schooling.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Keswick, ON21 June 2017
The staff were always very friendly with each other yet this never Interfered with their work. If you ever needed coffee to give that extra push It was given. The lines were never that long and even with a low Income It was still and excellent place to work.
Pros
Free Coffee, family friendly staff, safe enviroment
Cons
Low pay wage, no health care benefits.
Staff is the only saving grace
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ON21 June 2017
Tim Horton's is an unintimate company to work for. There is little to zero communication between team members and the corporation, so most relevant issues fall to the store owner. Thus saying, the environment job-wise depends on whoever owns the franchise. That aside, if your manager sucks, your job will suck. Customers are excessively rude and obnoxious, the work is very fast paced, there are silly uniforms, unorthodox rules and regulations that are constantly changing, poor compensation, poor pay rates, poor benefits, discounts on items when you are on the clock only (you have to pay for what you take home), and I can't stress this enough, the customers are horrendous.
On the bright side, since behind the counter is such close quarters, you grow close to your teammates and if you get along, they make the days bearable.
Productive and Enjoyable environment
Customer Service/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  London, ON21 June 2017
I loved working at Tim Hortons not only because of the busy and fast paced work that was needed, but because of my team and the customers I was able to serve on a day to day basis. I love being able to come into work enjoying what I do and who I work with.
Tim Hortons is so accepting, fun, and a happy place to be. Overall it's a great place to work at
fast paced workplace with flexible hours
Tim Hortons Team Member (Current Employee) –  Vernon, BC21 June 2017
lots of time spent on feet, short breaks, bad discounts. long after school hours making it really hard to balance homework and work. sometimes flexible with availability
Pros
free donuts?
Cons
long hours after school, hard to balance homework
it was great
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fort Mackay, AB21 June 2017
had a great time working here the people were very friendly and it was very great environment, very fast paced, it was very organized, it was fun working on camp
Good Place to Work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 June 2017
Loved the team members that I was fortunate enough to work with in one of my first jobs and it provided me with a base knowledge and work ethic as well as experience
Illegal Activity
Baker (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON21 June 2017
Was denied sick days and time off. Was paid below minimum wage for 2 1/2 years. After threatening to quit was I finally given the wage that was promised. Poor working conditions and negative work atmosphere. Broke every food safety rule and lied and trick inspector for passing grade.
Pros
Cons
too many
Fun workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Signet, ON21 June 2017
- a typical day at work meant I always had something to do where I was cashing someone out, cleaning up the shop, taking out the garbage, or conversing with co-workers
- I learned how to comfortably talk to individuals with confidence and efficiently cash them out
- Co-workers were very friendly and easy going
- Management was not strict but still kept us employees in check in regards to getting us to do our job and coming to work on time
- hardest part of the job was trying to kill time because some days would get really slow and I'd have nothing to do
- the most enjoyable part was constantly interacting with people and I find that it was the friendly customers that kept me happy for the time being
Good team leading and time management.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 June 2017
Long shifts and lots of rushes. Some of my shifts were 10 hours.
-Many times we were so busy that I didn't go on break until 7 hours after I started.
-Barely received any training besides watching some videos which do nothing.
-Scheduling or hours were inconsistent.
Pros
Paid break
Cons
Fairly good place to work at
Storefront Worker (Former Employee) –  Stouffville, ON20 June 2017
Stouffville location is the only highlight. There isn't much advancement as you have to wait many years to become a supervisor or manager. Salary is minimum wage and there is a good work/life balance. I worked in Grade 9 and I had some shifts from 6 am. So be flexible with part time availability.
Environement de travail agreable et personnels exceptionee
Superviseure et caissiere (Current Employee) –  Sainte-Julienne, QC20 June 2017
J'y travail depuis 2 ans. Toute une experience qui en dit beaucoup. Nous apprenons à travailler avec rapidité et efficacité
Pros
Les employer
Cons
Le salaire, le gestion des horraire
Fun working with other team members
Tim Hortons Team Member (Former Employee) –  White Rock, BC20 June 2017
Working at Tim Hortons is a fun environment. You get to interact with team members, managers, and guests. I personally love working at Tim Hortons because the staff is really friendly and you become a family working there.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Complaining customers
Bad Experience
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Smiths Falls, ON20 June 2017
When I worked at Tim Horton I was treated unfairly and was always blamed for others mistakes. Met new people and gained job experience. Although I was given a hard time I'm glad that I was .gave the chance to gather some work experience
Pros
Discouts while working
Cons
Needed better trainers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tim Hortons. Our community is ready to answer.