Tim Hortons
2,151 reviews

Tim Hortons Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fast, serious but fun work place.
supervisor (Former Employee), Lindsay on.April 7, 2014
Pros: seeing how just a simple hello and smile could make peoples day.
Cons: un satisfied customers.
Working at Tim Hortons I learned a lot. I learned how important it is to work in a fast pace setting to give the customers what they pay for and to make it to the best of my abilities.
I learned a lot about tills and money, closing the store.
Tim Hortons was a very fast pace but enjoyable work place. It helped me grow in attitude and lots more. With – more... just a simple please thank you and smile your customers return. I got along with all my co-workers. There is no time to argue or show differences for you are all there for the same reason. Satisfying customers. It was a very friendly place to go to work to everyday. The hardest part of the job was dealing with un satisfied customers, or making refunds. The most enjoyable part was seeing how happy people got after they get what they needed and were leaving with a smile. I liked when customers learned your name and came in not only to get their coffee but to get it from you. – less
Fun place to Work/Minimum wage
Store Front (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONApril 7, 2014
Pros: free lunches and flexible hours
Cons: low salary/minimum wage
- A typical day at work started with checking where you were working for the day, I was usually in drive-thru and that meant meeting drive- thru times
- Management was friendly and helped motivate me to do better
- Co-workers were friendly for the most part, some were unhappy and would take it out on me or fellow co-workers
- The hardest part of the – more... job was pushing for drive-thru times and also dealing with grumpy customers/co-workers
- The most enjoyable part of the job was working with friends and trying to beat old drive-thru times – less
good place to learn.
Food Counter Attendant (Former Employee), Peace River, ABApril 7, 2014
nice place to work, good working environment with a lot of opportunity point to make it better, and grown up with the company.
I learned to work in a really fast environment under a lot of pressure, and that allowed me to grown as a person and made me stronger.
How Tim Horton's really is...
Storefront/Cashier/Supervisor (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 7, 2014
Pros: free food
Cons: 2 - 15 minute breaks for an 8hr shift
A typical day as a regular team member includes fast paced environment with accuracy. As a team member you need to be able to handle rude customers, correcting orders and even taking two or three orders at the same time. You need to be open to a lot of different duties from cleaning to preparing food for the next day. As a supervisor your duties are – more... the same for only $.25 more.... however, you need to handle management duties as well. Supervisors need to handle employee complaints, customer complaints, and ensure that the stores standards are suitable and up-to-date as an inspector may come and grade the store and employees at any time. Altogether the individual must be a team player regardless of position and must be able to handle tough situations without losing their 'cool'. We also are very underpaid for the work we need to do. Tim Hortons employees are slaves for the company and the store owner. – less
I liked the free coffee on shift
Cashier (Former Employee), Orillia, ONApril 7, 2014
There's not much to talk about. You basically see all that goes on in the world of Tim Hortons... Its not some mystery..
Fast paced work place
Team Member (Former Employee), Chilliwack, B.CApril 6, 2014
Pros: 50% off food on break
A typical day at Tim Hortons for a Team Member would consist of completing regular duties such as serving customers, completing simple cleaning tasks, and ensuring all product is fresh.
nice place
Counter Person/Baker (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONApril 6, 2014
Pros: worked midnights
Cons: worked midnights
it was convient and the people who i worked with where awesome and the manager/gm were really cool
cashier/sandwich maker
storefront sandwich maker (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONApril 6, 2014
Pros: free coffee
Cons: standing in on place too long
a typical day starts at 7am on the front line. Serve customers, make their food and drinks.
Co workers are great. Everyone gets along and jokes with each other. Management is okay. Sometimes a little confusing but still can be fun.
Great workplace with extremely helpful team members
Team member (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 5, 2014
A typical day at work consists of stocking up your station, serving customers, and restocking for the following shift. I learned how to enhance my customer service skills, how to use a cash register, how to use a headpiece, how to make beverages, as well as sandwiches. Management is always around and always willing to help out or answer any questions – more... making the team members shifts run more efficiently and effectively The hardest part of the job is to ensure stocking is up to par when lines are long and there are customers waiting to be served. The most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction received from knowing you're making a beverage or sandwich that will contribute to the happiness of that customers day. – less
fun work place, it's always busy
Counterstaff (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBApril 4, 2014
I learned a lot from this job from providing quality service, working in a fast paced environment, working responsibly as team and as an individual.
Bored
Hostess (Current Employee), Brockville, ONApril 4, 2014
Tim Hortons is an awesome place to work at, other then the low pay rates and having to deal with the public. It is a very stable job. I enjoyed working there but am bored and want to get into the new chapter of my life.
good working environment
Customer Service Representative/Cashier (Current Employee), Scarborough, ONApril 3, 2014
Friendly working environment..co workers are very helpful
Loved my job as it was full of fun
Cashier (Former Employee), RexdaleApril 3, 2014
It was a great experience working at Tim Horton's. I learned a lot from there i.e. customer service, customer satisfaction, team work and a lot. The management was too good as they are always there to teach you and to improve your skills and the co-workers were very friendly and helping. I don't think there was any hardest part of the job. I love my – more... job and my work.
Interacting with the customers was the most enjoyable part of my job. – less
Experience with Tim Hortons
Host (Former Employee), Mississauga, OnApril 3, 2014
My experience with that company is really good.
I learn about so much from here like handling with customer dealing.
punctuality, confident, and so much more.
management was really good we work like a team members.
some time we deal with hard task like difficult customers but I learn how to deal with them very politely and mannerly.
And most enjoyable – more... moment was different festivals we celebrate because in that store we belongs to different cultures. – less
general labouror
Customer Service Respresentative (Current Employee), Chilliwack BCApril 3, 2014
Pros: managment
Cons: heavy lifting
busy , heavy lifting , lots of sweeping!
Great managment and plenty of opportunity to move up in the company.
Highly fast paced enviroment
Hostess (Former Employee), Brantford, ONApril 3, 2014
Pros: free coffee
Cons: some irate customers
As a hostess and drive through employee there were numerous tasks to undertake. I learned how to handle money and tills to ensure end of the day accuracy.
Good For Hours
Customer Service (Former Employee), Barrie, ONApril 3, 2014
Tim Hortons taught me patience for customers, and how to multi-task and keep moving.
Productive and Team Building Environment
Cashier and Baker (Former Employee), Carleton Place, OntarioApril 2, 2014
Pros: free tim hortons coffee
Cons: short (15min) breaks (2 for an 8 hour shift)
It was a great learning environment to learn how to react to things quickly.
a fast food company
Baker (Former Employee), London, ONApril 2, 2014
I baked all product in store. It was a stable solid job. We had a out door freezer and an indoor freezer. At the end of every shift we did a freezer pull to fill the inside freezer. One other task was to check the temperature of all freezer(s) and fridge(s) every 4 hours!
Productive and a positive environment
Store Front (Current Employee), North Vancouver, BCApril 2, 2014
Pros: 30% discount and free doughnut and coffee
Cons: unpaid breaks
A typical day at work was fairly busy, I would start off the day in storefront working the till then near noon would move to sandwiches and being a runner (getting coffees, drinks, doughnuts etc) then would move to the dining where I would collect, wash and wipe down all counters and dishes. My co-workers were all great, very positive and welcoming – more... as well as supportive. The hardest part of the job would be when the rushes happened and I would be making 5 sandwiches in 2 min! My favorite part of the job though was being runner and working the cash register and interacting with the customers. – less

About Tim Hortons

Tim Hortons Inc. is a Canadian fast casual restaurant known for its coffee and doughnuts. It is also Canada's largest fast food – Read more