Tim Hortons Employee Reviews in Canada

Found 5,309 reviews matching the search
good company - corporate
Senior HR Manager (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONMarch 10, 2016
If you are young, there is lots of opportunity for advancement. The culture has changed with new ownership. Very lean operation.
Pros
fitness centre, on site cafeteria
Cons
long hours, lots of change
Was fun while I was young
Baker (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONMarch 1, 2016
prepared baked goods nightly, cleaned kitchen and stocked freezer when needed
very flexible work schedule
learned the rudiments of kitchen organization
free coffee or tea while on shift + employee disc for take home
no heavy lifting
danger of burns
no benefits and very slow pay raise scale
Pros
no customer service necessary, easy to learn and can work relatively independantly
Cons
very slow pay raises, some co-workers can be hard to get along with
Easy work, poor management
Team member (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ONJanuary 23, 2016
I worked as a part time student, mostly just weekends. The typical shift was 8 hours long, either from 6am-2pm or from 2pm-10pm. It was a pretty easy job, and you catch on pretty quickly. However, it is VERY fast paced, and not a good job for anyone with anxiety disorders or someone who panics easy.

I worked here for about a year and a half, and met some really amazing people. The other students I worked with on weekends were awesome, however the "day ladies" (Mon-Fri morning workers) were rude and condescending.

You get paid minimum wage, which was fine for me. However, the management was horrible. The store owner was very biased and picked favourites. If you called in sick, the management/supervisors would talk badly about you to other employees, which made the work environment very uncomfortable sometimes.

All in all, this was a pretty easy first job, and taught me many things, including great customer service skills, which I have carried over to my current job at Sport Chek.
Pros
discounts on food, free coffee, student coworkers are great
Cons
poor management, day ladies are rude, long hours
Im all satisfied with what i write in my resume
Food Counter Attendant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABDecember 14, 2015
I have a different schedule in the store but its okay with me, i get use to it. We had a lot of customers everyday, and im happy with my work, my colleagues are all nice, we help each other especially when the day that is full of customers. I had no problem with our management, i get my salary on time. The hardest part for me is actually is during winter when i go to my work by walking on the street with a low temperature and the surrounding s are all ice, but it only takes 10 to 15 mins going to work.
Pros
i love what im doing to my work because i have past experience working in the restaurant, all other kind of works, my colleagues are all nice and the management is operating a good and systematic way
Cons
when the weather is too cold, going to work by walking it makes me feel freeze hard to walk in the snow
too much work for less pay
Team Member/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 18, 2016
it is good when your team is good or you ending up doing everything.
No good raise in salary, no one will appreciate your hard work,
too much pressure to increase sales, asking to punchin item before the guest asks.
most enjoyable part id your guest will like you, and they will notice your efforts,you will have of of friends.
Pros
half price food
Cons
too much stress
fun meeting all types of people
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Monkland, ONFebruary 29, 2016
Working at Tim Horton can be very challenging and demanding. The pressure we feel as workers at Tim Horton can be very competitive. Management can be difficult at times. The hardest part of this job was feeling that our job is not secure. The most enjoyable part of this job is making a customer smile with satisfaction.
Pros
meeting the most interesting customers
Cons
being not appreciate by management
It's fairly enjoyable with a little stress but it is good for the time being.
Baker - I bake every Tim Hortons product (Current Employee) –  New BrunswickMarch 30, 2016
I go in, I start working right away. I work for about 4-5 hours per day usually 3-4 days a week with a day or two off. I bake the doughnuts, muffins, bagels, and etc. and ensure that each product is not past it's shelf life. It can be fun, some days it gets a little stressful when it's incredibly busy and everyone is nagging at me. The co-workers can be a little moody but not too bad all in all. The hardest part is cleaning everything and restocking everything by the end of my shift and finishing on time while also trying to maintain a full show case. The most enjoyable would be interacting with the co-workers and decorating the doughnuts.
Pros
Getting tips from customers
Cons
Not a great deal of opportunity for advancement in this job.
Fun work place where everyone are treated with equality
Food Counter/Kitchen Attendant (Former Employee) –  Blackfalds, ABOctober 13, 2015
A fun and friendly working environment where teamwork is enforced and everyone is given an opportunity to grow personally in his/her career. Challenges are always present in terms of management, customers and colleagues which are common in every company but are susceptible. Aside from baking which is my passion, meeting different customers and colleagues with interesting stories to share and having friends at work is the best part in my employment experience. Working schedule is also conducive for anyone seeking to have a work-life balance.
Pros
Work-life balance, flexible working schedule, supportive management
Fun and Enthusiastic area to work in.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Bradford, ONJanuary 29, 2016
Tim Hortons has provided me with experience in management and social skills in many ways. I have had the opportunities to delegate and position staff and control restaurant demands to meet head office expectations. My duties include: cash management, inventory management, scheduling, training, reporting directly to district managers, ensure restaurant is up to specific outlined standards at all times.
Pros
free lunches, control of own resteraunt.
Cons
no overtime pay (salary)
servicing customers one smile at a time
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BCApril 5, 2016
As a supervisor I love being able to get work done efficiently using my leadership and motivating skills to not only get tasks done but I make sure my team and I exceed exceptions. Being a supervisor at a youth age has shown me I'm capable of so much more, and not only did I show management my effectiveness, but I made it clear that what I lack in experience, I make up for in work ethic. And being around amazing staff is a bonus, everyone is always cheerful and content, and that's what makes a good work environment. Only difficult situation we ever face I that one in a million customer who just happen to be having a tough day and tries to let tensions out of staff. But with the help of the supervisor or manager our staff is in good hands when such individuals approach.
Pros
nice staff
Cons
sometimes you encounter rude customers
Fast paced, organized environment
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ONMarch 30, 2016
A typical day at work would be rotating from store front, to drive thru and then to deli to prepare the sandwiches, wraps etc.
I learned to prepare customer orders from coffee to sandwiches exactly to the customers expectations
The management wasn't too bad but it wasn't the greatest. Shift coverage was a big problem and we were often left short staffed, there was a large margin or favoritism but other than that, not too bad.
The co-workers were okay, a few handful would be bringing constant drama but other than that not to big of a problem.
The hardest part of the day would be dealing with a rush while in the midst of training somebody or being short staffed trying to deal with a bus load of people.
The most enjoyable part of the day would definitely getting a break from the rush to help the baker in the kitchen
Pros
Free coffee/tea
Cons
unreliable staff
4 Years later I am looking for something new
Team Member for Storefront, Cash, Bake & Inventory (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ONFebruary 14, 2016
I am currently employed at Tim Horton’s and always provide a fast, accurate and friendly service to our guests. I am very outgoing and friendly and get along very well with the customers and my co-workers. I am driven, very ambitious and am regularly praised for my hard work and my commitment to my team. I thrive during our extremely busy and “crazy” hours of the day, am used to long shifts and will often stay later or cover shifts when needed.

As an employee at Tim Horton’s I am able to make and complete large beverage (and food) orders and I feel like it has really paved the way for me being able to be an exceptional bartender or waitress. I have learned excellent customer service skills, and make sure our guests have an extremely positive experience. During my three and a half years at Tim Horton's I have learned how to take leadership roles and help lead my team, with many team members relying on me to taker lead/supervisor roles. I am able to work independently and with my team members and I have built solid relationships with my coworkers, management and coworkers. The hardest part of my job would be managing my perfectionism as I usually always try and do above what is expected. My favorite part of my job is looking after our guests in the store and making sure they start their day right!
Pros
Great Boss, Leadership roles, Know our regulars well, helps train new staff members
Cons
Have been there for almost four years and need a change
work
Cashier associate (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NBDecember 11, 2015
Hard place to work, it's okay if you are part time but working there full time is hard and stressful. If you are a people person and can handle a challenge this is a job for you. Co-workers are always great you have mixed ages most times so you get the best of both worlds. Management isn't always great they push you so hard, and don't praise you enough for how much you do.
Productive workplace, constructive, poor management.
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Steinbach, MBMarch 17, 2016
A typical day at work is very fast paced no matter how busy or slow it may be. From this job i learned excellent communication skills, team building skills as well as leadership skills. Management could be much more approachable than they are, they often times set standards and expectations for even part time staff far too high. The hardest part of the job would be the extreme speed required when completing orders and the fact that my position never changes, therefore it is easier to get frustrated and worked up when things get hectic. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with customers and my coworkers as it is easy to build long term relationships with your community at this job!
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Easy to get flustered doing the same job for 8 hours
Opportunity to work with people
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 15, 2016
A challenging job, needs a lot of attention to details. Fun with work with different personalities, nationalities and understand culture and improve people management skills.

Enjoy the daily interaction with co workers and the customers.
Pros
Free food and coffee
Cons
At times work at odd hours
Fast Paced Environment
Drive Thru Part-time (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 4, 2016
Throughout my time at Tim Hortons, I've learned a great deal of time management, and efficiency. Working at the drive thru, there is an average time our team must be consistent with for each car-- 25 seconds max. to serve each car that comes to the drive thru. This was the hardest part of the job.
One of the most enjoyable parts of the job is interaction with customers, and being able to learn about the different people that come to our store. Also getting to know co-workers who turnout to be one of your long term friends.
The management is very understanding of school schedules snd priorities
Pros
free coffee
Cons
pressure
Fast paced environment was enjoyable
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Orangeville, ONApril 4, 2016
The faced paced environment of Tim Horton's made working a fun experience, and long shifts would fly by. I learned how to be a courteous and welcoming service worker while still working efficiently and accurately. These were very important skills to master as customers often don't have much patience for a wrong order. I was working there part time as I was a student in high school and often I would be booked for shifts that ended past midnight. I spoke to management but did not see results for quite some time. Overall it was an excellent learning experience and I feel prepared to take on any job after working at Tim Horton's.
Productive and faster
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSISTANT (Part Time) (Current Employee) –  North York, ONMarch 17, 2016
It was difficult to manage all the work pressure in the early days of the work. The store is always busy and I had to multi task a lot. It was difficult in the starting as I was not aware of the working style and procedures and I had a hard time understanding the customers, while keeping a track of the orders. But I learned the working style and procedures in the following days, which made me very confident and to work under pressure, even in the busiest hours of the day. I have learned to work within the framework of an organization, learned to interact with customers, developed excellent team working and communication skills. the management was is very supportive and willing to provide all the necessary assistance in any part of the job, which helped to improve employee morale in each of their employees.
Good first job
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONNovember 23, 2015
Fast paced work environment. The only good thing about this job is that you almost always get hours, I always received 40 hours and it was easy to get time off if needed. As well the day goes by fast because the job is so fast paced especially if you are in drive thru. However, you are never allowed to BREATHE. "If you have time to lean, you have time to clean". You are always moving...And you will never be fast enough at this job. You are expected to make a bagel and gather other items (coffee, pastries ect..) all in under 20 sec. And its NEVER the customers fault. This job can be very high stress and you get customers yelling at you all the time. Raises are awful at Tim Hortons you may get 10 cents every 3 months even when you are top team member!!!
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Can be too fast paced
Productive, Extreme fast paced environment. Overloaded with responsibilty
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Belle River, ONMarch 24, 2016
You're required to report to work 1 hr prior as an Asst. Mgr. UNPAID and to stay past your shift end UNPAID for hours!
Company focus's too much on the counter position in my training rather than Management training for the position I was hired for. They're getting 2 for 1 out of me personally.
Hardest part of job... not staying 12 hrs when paid for 8.
Interaction of staff and customers is most enjoyable.
Coworkers find it hard to respect a "new comer"
Manager not on duty too much to help
NOT enough training. Thrown into situations unprepared
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
LONG unpaid hours