Tim Hortons Employee Reviews

Found 6,997 reviews matching the search
Not exciting but a good safety net
Baker's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON24 April 2017
A good fall back job. Extremely fast paced. Time goes by really quickly. Uniform is unfortunately ugly and doesn't breath well in the heat. 3 days of training on a computer is painfully boring.
Hit and miss
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Trenton, ON24 April 2017
As Tim Hortons is most definitely a Canadian company and we are proud it is. Tim Hortons are individually owned so it his hard to say what kind of store you will get. Tim Hortons does give benefits but they are not very good for a family unit but good for an single person.
Great Job if you have no family
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON24 April 2017
Management:
Work 9+ hours. Very early starts 5 am. There are many check lists and timed duties that must be done in between your customer service and employee juggling.
On your feet most of the day.
I did learn and obtained Food Safety Certificate, WHMIS and CPR and First Aid Certificate.
I love working with the public so this is a good job for that. The hardest part was employee management, people not showing up for their shifts and/or quitting. Very hard to keep employees.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
long hours on your feet
Productive work place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Beausejour, MB24 April 2017
Amazing Work Environment with exceptional customer service and team work.
It was a wonderful experience,
Good organizational culture and company policy.
Great job
TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Keswick, ON24 April 2017
I loved working at timhortons , everyday was anew adventure. The customers were great and I learned a lot about customer service. I loved my team. Great first job
Fun and easy first place
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON23 April 2017
Great place for me to work during High school. Learned a lot of customer service and opening and closing responsibilities. Worked long hours but definitely worth it.
Great job for students
Store Front Clerk (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON23 April 2017
I worked at Tim Horton's when I was in high school for a year. Great work environment. Great way to get customer service skills and teaches you how to work in a fast pace environment.
Pros
Free coffee and donuts
Cons
Can be stressful with customers
Never applying to fast food places again
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC23 April 2017
A typical day would be cleaning my area (usually the front till) and doing dishes and checking off small duties I had to do every shift. I learned customer services during this job. Management was fine as transportation was easy and hours worked out with school. The workplace was a bit diverse as I was the youngest member there. The hardest part of the job was learning the computer and where everything was under. The most enjoyable part of the job would be cleaning.
Pros
10% off
Cons
little pay
Good first job, lots to learn
Storefront/Baker (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB23 April 2017
As far as first jobs go, Tim Hortons is a great place to start. My first 2-3 weeks were pretty rough and I really wanted to quit, but once you get through those first few weeks and get comfortable with the job, you're set. It will be my fourth summer working there this June and I have met some of my closest friends there.
It's a fast paced environment and time usually goes by pretty quick as there are always things to do. I have learned super good customer service and cash management skills as well as leadership skills. Once you work there awhile, regular customers even start to become your friends and you'll look forward to seeing their familiar faces.
Management really depends, I have seen 5 managers in my 3 years at Tim's and only two of them have been good, however, working with people who are hard to deal with is something you'll have to learn to do at any job, whether it be a fast-food job or anything else, so its better to learn sooner rather than later!
I enjoy the fast paced environment and working with some really great people and growing relationships with customers and the overall work experience. The job is really what you make of it!
The hardest part is probably when you're short staffed and it gets busy, but if you have a good team you can get through the day no problem!
Pros
50% discount, regular customers, work experience
Cons
short staffed, minimum wage (getting a raise is rare)
Fun place to work
Counter Staff (Former Employee) –  Cochrane, AB23 April 2017
Tim Hortons is a fun place to work as the co-workers are always a great time, however, there is never room for job growth and is tough to get a raise in pay.
Pros
Fun coworkers, easy scheduling, flexible
Cons
No advancement
Great way to make new friends
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Bowmanville, ON23 April 2017
Overall, it is an OK spot to work. You will make great long term friends.. however the amount of work you do in 1 shift doesn't compare to your wage.. low pay for high work.. 3/10
Good working environment.
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  1094 bloor st west, Toronto, ON23 April 2017
Working at Tim Horton's helped me gain costumer service skills and improve my interaction with costumers. the other employees make the environment comfortable and easy to learn from.learn good customer service skills. cleaning that are. fast working, team work. prepare food, prepare coffee.make a bill payment. good housekeeping. Everything was good. I am happy to be able to work with a good team.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Great working hours
It is a good job as a student, very good with working around school hours
Baker/Storefront (Current Employee) –  Orangeville, ON23 April 2017
I thoroughly enjoy working at Tim Hortons, it was very much a team work type of job, and with lots of variety and different positions that you could work at for the course of one shift. Friendly environment, and there were so many employees, such a variety of people and most of them really good to get along with which makes a shift so much better. Management was always good with giving the time needed off and if there was an emergency and you needed to switch a shift they were always understanding and if your needed more hours and talked to them about it they were for the most part able to make it happen.
Pros
discounted food, friendly environment
Cons
short breaks
Amazing four years
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Placentia, NL23 April 2017
I worked at Tim Hortons in Placentia for four years before i moved away for post secondary education. The management was always good for working with my schedule to allow me to attend my cadet functions. Also, when i come home for school holidays, they always offer me a few shifts throughout the holidays and I always know I'll have a job there if I need it. Truly a great environment to work.
Birthplace for great friendships
Storefront Staff/Baker (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC22 April 2017
When it was busy, everyone seemed to pull together and you could definitely feel the team atmosphere...like a well oiled machine. Great friendships were grown here.
Great Place For Skill Building
Tim Hortons Team Member (Current Employee) –  Naniamo22 April 2017
Busy Mornings
Practice Food Safety/ Excellent Costumer Service
Management Changes, Promotions To Supervisor/Manager With Training
All Cultures Are Respected In the work place
Pros
During Shift Hours Free Coffee and, Donuts. %50 Off Food and Drink
Cons
Fast Paced
a comfortable working environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 April 2017
Working at tim horton's helped me gain costumer service skills and improve my interaction with costumers. the other employess make the environment comfortable and easy to learn from. the only dowside is the lack of hours i am given to work i have to call the manager frequently to ask if there's any available shifts i'm rarely put on a rotating work schedule.
creative and productive customer service experience
Storefront/Tilt Cashier (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB22 April 2017
learned safety guidelines,food and temperature measurements,
nice workplace,mix community cultures,nice team work,
good customer service skills,client relationships
Pros
free lunches
Cons
not enough hours
good co-workers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON22 April 2017
It's good working in a place where people are helping you to learn and teaching you how to be a good employee. I am happy to be able to work with a good team.
Very fast paced and physically demanding
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Komoka, ON21 April 2017
The job requires that you not only serve customers but clean and stock the store, clean the area outside the store, clean and maintain equipment and do this while hitting an hourly target of customers served. There is no such thing as just being a cashier! The customers are either really great or horrible. You might work as early as 6am or as late as 11pm and if you are part time your hours are not very consistent. For teenagers it is a great work experience because they learn a lot about helping customers and each other and about responsibility and commitment.
Pros
The range of hours makes it possible for anyone to find work.
Cons
Doing the same function for 8 hours can be challenging.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tim Hortons. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval