Tim Hortons

Tim Hortons Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
fun workplace and productive
Front Counter Attendant (Current Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 19, 2015
Pros: free meal
Cons: long hours
take order of the customer, and baking.
i learned how to manage my self of how to improve my skills at work.. and how to be productive.
good and caring management.
good co-workers
baking and sanwich making is the hardest part of the job
but the most enjoyable part of job is baking and sandwich making because you will learn new skills.
Productive environment and fun co workers
Store Front Customer Service (Current Employee), Toronto OntarioAugust 18, 2015
Pros: Free lunches...friendly environment
Cons: No cons
A typical day of work begins at 7 am until 3 pm. I generally take orders from guests between the hours of 7 am until 10 am in which we are also working on a timer of 20 seconds to serve the guest, cash out the guest and prepare the order for the guests. It is a very fast paced environment in which I thrive and enjoy the challenge. Afterwards duties include cleaning, preparation of food for lunch rush and general customer service duties.
The most enjoyable part of the job
Cashier (Former Employee), Timberlea, NSAugust 18, 2015
Pros: Free food
Cons: Drama
There were a lot of pros and cons to this job. My favorite part of the job was how fast-pace it was. Always having a challenge made the job fun and go by fast.
Customer service experience
Cashier (Former Employee), Newmarket, OntarioAugust 18, 2015
Pros: Flexiable schedule
Cons: Short breaks
The work environment at Tim Horton's was based on a team setting with enjoyable friendly staff. A typical day at work included serving customers, preparing food and beverages, sanitizing dishes and work stations as well as house keeping duties and using diligence in all tasks. Working at this establishment helped improve my ability to pay attention to detail, multi task and work efficiently in a fast paced environment to ensure the customers were served within a fast and convenient frame of time.
Fast-paced workplace with a great sense of co-operation and dedication among employees
Customer Service (Current Employee), Akerley BlvdAugust 18, 2015
Working at Tim Horton's is at times extremely stressful and fast-paced, due to the fact that we are located in a business park and have a steady stream of customers throughout the day. This atmosphere taught me a great deal of patience and managing said stress when the pressure is on. I learned how to deal with money, difficult customer encounters and how to take lead when there was no management around.

For the most part, staff gets along amazingly. We help each other as much as we possibly can and communicate our frustrations as well as our needs without any turmoil resulting. We are like a family.
Good working with a good team and the management
Team Member (Current Employee), Sundre, ABAugust 18, 2015
Since the first day until present, I have a good experienced with working Tim Hortons team. I learned a lot especially communicating and being super friendly with my workmates. The enjoyable part is even though we're very busy and tired, we are just helping each other and doing our job make it fun.
creates a fast and fun work environment that makes everyone happy
Assistant Restaurant Manager (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 17, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: short breaks
Fun workplace.
Develops and enhances how to motivate people and be creative on it.
Always there when needed.
Managing people with different individuality
As long as you are professional and balance it makes everyone happy.
too much work for not enough pay.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Windsor, ONAugust 17, 2015
Pros: the smell of coffee
Cons: to hard on the body
way to much work for the pay. structure could be organized better. one person has too many hats to wear in one shift. Uniforms are ugly and uncomfortable. staff that works with food should not be responsible to clean washrooms.
Tim Hortons
Team Member/Baker (Current Employee), KingstonAugust 17, 2015
Typical day at work included a busy, fast paced enviornment of interacting with customers. I learned how to work efficiently as part of a team.
Depends on place of work. Can be great or absolutely miserable.
Store Front / Part time Supervisor (Current Employee), London, ONAugust 17, 2015
Depends on place.
Inadequate staffing for shift objectives
Staff not trained appropriately
Some locations do not work around employees schedules as advertised in every Tim Hortons job ad

minimum wage is not enough to live on nor enough for the stress of the job

good and bad customers
It depends on the crew you are working with
Cashier (Former Employee), Windsor, ONAugust 14, 2015
Pros: free or discounted food (at some locations), flexible schedule
I've worked at three Tim Hortons. At one I had a terrific experience, another was terrible, and the last was neutral. It all comes down to management, that was what made the most difference, as the daily tasks remained the same at all locations. The job itself included cash handling, food prep, and cleaning. A really good job for people who are gaining experience. Good for students and part timers, as the schedule is flexible.
bake donut, breakfast, lunch
Baker (Former Employee), 18403 111 Ave NW, edmontonAugust 14, 2015
Pros: Free coffer, discount 50%
Cons: early hour ( 6 am - 2 pm), short rest ( 15' for 1 rest)
Detail my job in Tim Horton:
Bake Donut, Muffin, cookie, bagel...
Make Breakfast, Lunch
Clean dishwasher
Clean Kitchen
Drop garbage
Deliver box from freezer
Tim's is awesome!
Team Member (Former Employee), OttawaAugust 13, 2015
Loved to work at Timmies', co-workers were great! Would love to go back. I miss interacting with all the different customers. Mostly worked day-shift and would want the same if/when I go back.
Its a fast food resturant.
Team Member (Former Employee), Barrie, ONAugust 13, 2015
It's like working at any other customer service job. But there is plenty of room for advancement. Shift work is harder because they can give you the most random of shifts.
Junior People Only
Manager (Former Employee), Oakville, ONAugust 13, 2015
Tim Hortons is a great place to start your career, as they will give recent graduates the opportunity to take on fairly senior positions. Unfortunately, this opportunity comes with very high expectations with regards to working hours and timelines. Also, while the compensation is relatively high for those entering the workforce, there is no commensurate recognition for experience, so most employees will move on after putting in their three to five years.
Unprofessional managment
Baker/Cashier (Current Employee), ThoroldAugust 12, 2015
Many inappropriate situations occurred and were never dealt with properly by management.
Most evening shifts were find, I enjoyed the people working evenings, but the management team never dealt with problems occurring with the supervisor staff , said they did the right thing or that" its just their personality" I felt like it was highly inappropriate
As for the job its self, I found it repetitive and lacking in creativity or problem solving, if something was ever wrong, you apologize and offer a free drink or to make their order over again
serving the customers, and making orders right.
Team member (Current Employee), Scarborough, ONAugust 12, 2015
a typical day at work includes serving our customers, making food, beverage, and sandwiches, cleaning the dishes and coffee stations. also making sure everything is done fast and perfect. Learned how to enjoy team work as serving the Drive thru customers as fast and as convenient as possible. Recently became the sandwich person, therefore cleaning dishes and utensils in the correct way to avoid food borne illness to our customers.
Friendly Staff, but terrible gossip
Baker/Storefront (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONAugust 12, 2015
I enjoyed working with both co-workers and management, but at times gossip would occur and occasionally become out of control.
Good
Customer service (Current Employee), Woodstock, ON Highway 401 eastboundAugust 11, 2015
Pros: Tips
Cons: Poor management
Not a very good place to work. High turnover rate.

Most people are friendly with the regulars and other people assume the highway is the same as a Tim Horton's in town.
Good structure
Counter Clerk & Drive Thru (Former Employee), Fort Erie, ONAugust 11, 2015
Pros: good hours
Cons: not a job for people who don't want to always be inside
Keeps you very in line and not a lot of freedom to kind of explore new things you just learn what they give you at the time and its not a lot.