Tim Hortons

Tim Hortons Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Not the best.
Team Member (Former Employee), Elmira ONApril 14, 2015
Pros: Nice location, friendly people, free coffee.
Cons: unevenly distributed work load, bad hours.
A typical day at work consisted of Cleaning, prepping, stocking, and ensuring the customer was served. I made coffee, (of course) accepted and handled payments via cash or credit/debit interact machines, as well as other tasks such as recycling and washing of utensils/machines. All in all, I would say I learned what a good day's work was. It was A somewhat enjoyable experience knowing that I did a satisfactory job, although not enjoying the job itself. Management-wise, I found that it was generally unsatisfactory and ''blotchy'' if you will. It consisted of a lot of changes in scheduling (i.e switching people from one shift to a different shift throughout the week) as well as the fact the management was always changing to begin with. I'm not going to lie, my co-workers seemed pretty lazy too me. especially when they would take naps in the one spot where there was no camera during a night shift. There were a select few that actually did there job well. I would personally say the hardest part of the job was ''rush'' hour, When there would be a large amount of people coming in all at once, generally in the early morning. Unfortunately, I cannot say there were any enjoyable parts. the only one that comes to mind is when my shift was done.
Fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Abbotsford, BCApril 14, 2015
learned how to operate cash register. Communicated with customers daily. It was a great place to work. Mangers were nice and understanding.
efficient and hardworking workplace
Team member (Current Employee), Pickering, OntarioApril 13, 2015
Pros: discounts on food items and beverages during your shift
Cons: long hours
-able to work on various tasks at the same time
-work fast under pressure
-multiple co-workers to look back to in case you need help
-hardest part of the job is unloading the truck and storing all the boxes in the freezer.
Productive and Fun
Hostess (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 13, 2015
Greeting and attending to each individual customer. Management was good to work for. Co-workers were amazing!! The most enjoyable part of the job was the repeat customers that you see everyday and the incredible staff
Great job experience
Cashier/Server (Former Employee), Brampton OntApril 13, 2015
Learned a lot about customer service and how to deal with different personalities.
I gain great experience working with the team.
Fun, but...
Thru Team Leader (Former Employee), Port Perry, ONApril 13, 2015
A typical day is very busy. It is a very fast paced environment. The company does offer room for growth for those who are hard workers. Not my ideal job, but no real complaints.
i AM INTERESTED IN WORKING IN A GOOD ENVIRONMENT AND LEARNING NEW SKILLS AND
Store Front (Former Employee), Prince Albert, SKApril 12, 2015
Pros: GOOD COWORKERS
Cons: GETS BUSY
COME TO WORK MAKE SURE MY STATION IS STOCKED AND SEE IF I NEED TO RELAOD AND IF SO I DO THEN I CLEAN MY STATION N MAKE COFFEE IN MY 4 POTS N START SERVING CUSTOMERS ALL DAY. THE HARDEST PART IS KEEPING UP WITH ALL THE COFFEE WHILE CUSTOMERS ARE ON DEMAND.
A highly sociable, but fast-paced work environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Dartmouth, NSApril 12, 2015
I enjoy working for Tim Hortons when being able to socialize with new and existing customers on a regular basis. What I have realized since the beginning of my experience is that Tim Hortons is a fast paced environment which some employees have difficulty coping with. For these employees, the environment can cause them a lot of stress, which can then impact their co-workers in a negative way; in my experience I've realized that this problem becomes consistent for these employees which can also affect the lifestyle of their co-workers. Overall, I enjoy having a set list of objectives to complete towards the end of the day, and being able to work in between them. The customers are my main motivation; the negative work environment becomes discouraging.
Fast-paced and customer centrist environment
Storefront (Former Employee), Brampton, ONApril 12, 2015
Interacting with the customers was the best part-to make someone feel welcomed has its own benefits. I had to learn to multitask without compromising quality and ensuring the teams work standards met with the ALWAYS FRESH standards. Friendly coworkers and excellent management-provided flexible hours.
happy working place, having fun while working,just enjoy my daily shift.
Food Counter Attendant (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 11, 2015
Pros: free coffee, 50% discount
We're busy usually every morning because coffee is our product, morning rush but still teamwork is there. I learned how the Canadians life going on when we meet them at the window giving their usual coffee like those regular drive thru customers. It's really fun to work if you know how the operation flows with coordination and totally like your family inside the working place. But the hardest part of this was like I am a TFW and what will be the future awaits for us if the contract comes to an end.. We who are in semi skilled group. When the shift is done and we hit the target, our goal even no reward it makes us feel fulfilled to a job well done!
fast paced work friendly work environment
Baker (Former Employee), Quispamsis, NBApril 11, 2015
Pros: free coffee
worked as a baker / cashier work various shifts morning evenings and nights this is where i got most of my experience working a cash registrar and customer service
Not for everyone
Barista/Server (Former Employee), London, ONApril 11, 2015
Pros: Great opportunity to network and meet others
Cons: Can be physically and emotionally draining
Before we begin reviewing one of North America's leading companies within the coffee industry, let me start by saying Tim Hortons is not a bad company to work for if you're looking for an opportunity to gain workplace experience or just starting to venture out into the employment world. Due to the fact that each location is a franchise, no two experiences will be the same and what it boils down to is your Management team.

Here's the good news - One of the keys to a successful franchise is teamwork, because let's be honest, without employees working together to accomplish set targets and goals which in turn drive sales and keep guests coming back, it would only be a matter of time until stores would lose money and meet their untimely demise soon thereafter. With the right management team and a positive attitude, you can do well in this position and move up relatively quickly. Employees also receive tips which can range anywhere from $1 to $10 daily, based on the amount of staff scheduled that day.

Here's the bad news - This job is not for everyone and can be physically, mentally, and emotionally exhausting at times. In order to maintain that competitive edge over other businesses, employees are required to work twice as hard in half the amount of time, all while maintaining a positive attitude and being paid minimum wage. As a former manager myself, there were times when it was necessary to overwork employees in order to meet the targets set in place by Head Office. (in order to attain this your Management Team MUST work with their employees)

Overall this position would – more... be ideal for someone who loves to take on new challenges, isn't afraid to get their hands dirty, thrives off of the energy of a fast-paced environment, and who enjoys the customer service field while accepting the fact that you cannot please every single person who walks through those doors. Whether or not you feel as if this would be a great opportunity for you to pursue, one of the most important things to remember in any profession is to take time to breathe. Good Luck! – less
Great environment
Administrative Support (Former Employee), peterboroughApril 10, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: always busy
very great environment to work in. Everyone works together as a team to get everything done. I mainly would just participate by doing paper work and other simple tasks at the office. all staff were always positive and had great attitudes.
Great place for part time work
Cashier (Former Employee), Etobicoke, ONApril 9, 2015
Pros: Free Lunches
Cons: Not what I would want as a full time job
The Tim Hortons I worked at provided a wonderful experience for me. The hours were extremely flexible and my co-workers made work enjoyable.
Lots of rush
Cashier / drive / baker (Former Employee), Montréal, QCApril 9, 2015
You had lots of rushes but you kinda learned fast if you didnt have enough of the team member's it was harder but other then that security was perfect nice environment the bosses were really nice
Good, flexible, job for a student.
Team Member, Baker, Supervisor (Current Employee), Barrie, ONApril 9, 2015
Pros: Flexible hours, food discount while on shift
Cons: Unpaid/short breaks
As a team member, this was a great job while I was in high school. The hours were fairly flexible, and it was a welcoming and friendly environment with lots of coworkers near my age.

I eventually made my way up to supervisor once I was in college, and my new coworkers (I switched stores to supervise) were not nearly as welcoming, nor was management as flexible with my school hours. After 2 months of being consistently bullied and lied to by an older member of the supervisory staff, I transferred back to my old store where I am still happily employed.

The managers at my current store are extremely helpful and great to work with. It was a unique and difficult situation that led to me leaving my supervisor job, and upper management handled it effectively in my opinion. I am very happy back as a Team Member and Baker.
I enjoyed the people I worked with and the regular customers
Storefront/Supervisor (Former Employee), Belleville,ONApril 9, 2015
Pros: Free coffee
Cons: Wage
I enjoyed the people I worked with on a daily basis. The regular customers were always nice to see. A day at Tim Horton's was always busy. The hardest part of the job was knowing that your hourly wage did not reflect the amount of work and dedication the company expected from its employees.
Productive, great environment, learnt to work with others
Volunteer Work & Achievements (Former Employee), Orangeville OntarioApril 9, 2015
Pros: Great people, nice scenery around you.
Have a smile on for every customer you see, interact with them, serving coffee, donuts, bagels and sandwiches. Learned to work as a group to get things done, learned to deal with unsatisfied people and how to fix their order immediately. Worked with a greta group of people, always nice and ready to help others. The hardest part of the job is to stand there while someone is complaining and yelling at you at how bad you did something while it was a team effort and only one person gets the blame for it. The most enjoyable part of the day is seeing all the regulars that come in. Knowing your name and having a smile at all times, makes you have a better day. Another enjoyable part is being there, the people I worked with were great and made coming to work fun and worth it.
Great Co-Workers and tough, but rewarding work.
Team Member (Current Employee), Kingston, ONApril 9, 2015
Pros: Awesome Co-Workers, and Customers
Cons: Early Mornings
Working with Tim Hortons is a challenge, but rewarding. The people I worked with were all amazing, and I feel I really fit in well. It was nice to work somewhere that allowed you to get to know your customers as well.

The job also helped work out any sort of anxiety, or similar problems, as the fast pace almost forces you to learn to work hard, and smart.

All-in-all I would say that it was a wonderful time, and I met some great people.
My Tim Hortons Experience
Server (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONApril 9, 2015
An excellent stepping stone to greater opportunities! Custimer sevice excellence and great training provided. Met a lot of interesting exceptional people and enjoyed them as my co workers and customers.

About Tim Hortons

Tim Hortons Inc. is a Canadian fast casual restaurant known for its coffee and doughnuts. It is also Canada's largest fast food – Read more