Tim Hortons
3,722 reviews

Tim Hortons Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
fun place to work
Financial Analyst, Financial Systems (Former Employee), Oakville, ONJune 23, 2015
Great management. Always provided opportunities for learning and had an open door policy for all members on the team. Provided many opportunities to work with other departments on projects.
awesome
Team Member (Current Employee), torontoJune 22, 2015
i learned alot while working tim hortons, soo much about people and how to deal with being a cashier, working with team members. my co-workers are very helpful
was a great job
counter staff/ supervisor (Former Employee), Castlegar, BCJune 22, 2015
it was a fun job. i felt like family with this crew. we worked well and got stuff done in a effienct manner. i learned how to make certian things in a great time manner
Take customer's order , Prepare coffee and sandwich, Secondary Duties (Cleaning)
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBJune 21, 2015
Tim Hortons Regent is a busy store mostly my schedule is morning. I learned a lot especially taking orders there are different customers that you will enounters every day and always to do the 3 things always smile, polite & patience.
Quite good choice as part-time job
Storefront Worker (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJune 21, 2015
Pros: have the chance to know people from local
Cons: sometimes can be so busy
Honestly, pretty good experience as my first job in Canada. Gotta to know lots of nice teammates and customers. but surely this is not the job that can keep it for long time.
front counter
tim hortons. front worker (Current Employee), fittons and west orillia ONJune 21, 2015
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: YOU HAVE TO PAY FOR YOUR FOOD OF SHIFT AND ONLY GET 15 MIN BREAKS
busy and on your feet and day providing for customers and doing chores..................................................................................and many other things
there are flaws
Storefront (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONJune 21, 2015
Pros: tips.
I never wanted to be on nights. They put me on nights. The managers and some morning staff blame night for the mess that we leave when we don't leave a mess. For nights we work our butts off to clean the store and bake some of the food. Management don't listen and instead of helping resolve issues they cut hours and point out the negatives. Don't get me wrong I don't hate working for Tim Hortons but it gets annoying when management nick picks on what way you finish something. Instead of having full time people they cut hours and hire more people. They need more staff for one shift but I see tons of people coming in and applying for the shift they are looking for, instead they hire for the opposite shift. Some customers and employees are extremely rude. Though I have a bunch of complaints there are a few amazing people who work at the store I currently work at. Some people actually have the store a bit clean and stocked before myself and my co worker starts which is awesome. Some days I just wish instead of the negative attitude that I see every time I work that I could see some positive.
Fast pace workplace
Crew Member (Former Employee), Amherst, NSJune 20, 2015
Pros: Tips
Cons: Management, very boring when not busy
Didn't really like the management here. Enjoyed making smoothies and drinks. Makes it more fun when fast paced and the people you are working with
I loved working for Tim Hortons
Team Member (Former Employee), Monkland, ONJune 20, 2015
Pros: Benefits, Great people, friendly work environment
I loved working at Tim Hortons. The idea of working together as a team rather than individually to reach a common goal was terrific. I love working with others and making the guests feel welcome.
receptionist
Cashier (Part-time) (Former Employee), Surrey, BCJune 19, 2015
Pros: heart of downtown
Cons: temporary job
data entry for all the jobs done in the company.
receiving calls from suppliers, customers
organizing and filing
using microsoft excel.
Productive clean workplace with very friendly staff
Customer service (Former Employee), Nanaimo, BCJune 19, 2015
Pros: Positive work environment
Cons: Small staff bathroom
I have nothing but good things to say about my time at Tim Hortons it was a very positive environment with a staff ready to help with any questions.
The most enjoyable part of the job
Food Counter Attendant (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJune 19, 2015
Pros: no
Cons: over time
I enjoyed to work with the co-work the management was so nice I really enjoyed to work Tim Horton Resolved customer concerns and complaints in a friendly manner.communicate with management team regarding service related issues Always followed Tim Horton's standards and guidelines when preparing product for our customers
Productive and fun workplace with great management and employees.
Customer Service (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJune 19, 2015
Pros: full time employement
Cons: sometimes very stressful with being rushed by the public
I love working with the public. The jobs I have worked at, the managers know my strength and utilize it the best they can.
I am known to be very pleasant and can learn quickly and fit in just as quickly. Have worked with other nationalities and manage to fit in well there also. I am a very happy woman that is pleasant and a hard worker.
Friendly team members, helpful management.
Team Member (Former Employee), London, ONJune 18, 2015
Pros: Discounts on product, very accommodating work hours.
Cons: A lot of miscommunication.
A general day as a Tim Horton's team member would include assisting customers with choices on our menu as well as filling orders. I learned quite a bit about point of sale systems as well as the inner workings of logs and product ordering. My co-workers made the job relatively easy to learn as everyone was extremely helpful. My management was also very helpful and easy to talk to about things I was unsure about.
Great first job
Host (Current Employee), Barrie, ONJune 18, 2015
Pros: Teamwork, meeting great people, learning new things
Cons: Can be emotionally unbearable at times
I have spent years working here and I have my pros and cons. I enjoyed meeting the people I have, both employees and customers. I have built friendships and relationships with people I have met that could very well last forever. The job is difficult at times, and can be almost impossible without working together so the people you work with are very important.There are times when you get a customer that seems they only want to make you upset or feel useless and those people can make the job push you to the edge but that is something you have to work through.
So Much Fun
Night Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 18, 2015
Pros: Upbeat, new faces, fun
Cons: cranky customers can be a bummer
Great workplace and staff loved working here, and quite honestly probably one of the funnest workplaces Ive worked for.
Good and intersing place
Cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 17, 2015
I learned how to build up in as a team member, to understand and learning new things. Management is great and understanding. The enjoyable part of my job was seeing customers faces with a smile and meeting you people.
Challenging and Rewarding
Supervisor (Former Employee), 638 Belmont Ave, Kitchener, ONJune 17, 2015
Pros: Food program!
Cons: Understaffed on busy days
-Great first job
-Learned how to excel under pressure
-Developed great work ethic, positive attitude and strong communication skills in this role
Productive and fun work environment for all ages
Tim Hortons (Current Employee), London, ONJune 17, 2015
Pros: Free lunches and breaks split into two 15 minute breaks
Cons: Rude customers
I work at Tim Horton's full time and it's honestly such a pleasure. I get to meet such amazing, interesting people every day and get to work with the most friendly coworkers. The hardest part of the job is a dispute with a difficult customer, but these are easily resolved. The most enjoyable part of the job I would have to say is meeting friendly new people and hearing all of their great stories.
Great employees and work to do. Management needs a bit of work.
Cashier/Server (Current Employee), South Fraser Way, AbbotsfordJune 17, 2015
Pros: Fun work and great co-workers
Cons: Hour cuts and poor management
I really enjoy working here, I love my co-workers the guests and the jobs I do. The only downfall is the management and the fact you have no chance of advancing. Management practically belittles you on a day to day basis. I feel I have so much more to give and much further to go.

About Tim Hortons

Tim Hortons Inc. is a Canadian fast casual restaurant known for its coffee and doughnuts. It is also Canada's largest fast food – Read more