Tim Hortons Employee Reviews

Found 6,564 reviews matching the search
The staff friendly, and even the manger
Store Front (Current Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON19 March 2017
Great place to training, learn and move fast to help the customers and your team! hard work but still enjoy some laughter and smile at Tim Hortons! introduce you to the staff in my first day of work was very nice!
Fun and fast paced environment
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON19 March 2017
It has been great talking to many customers every shirt. Serving them and making them happy with my excellent customer service. Meeting great co-workers who eventually became my friends. It is a really good place to be part of. I enjoy helping people at drive thru the most. I find that really fun.
Pros
Discounted food
Cons
Short breaks.
was ok, but mostly just a good first job.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB19 March 2017
this was a good first job, taught important skills, but its not something with a lot of space to move or advance. they do pay well and care about their employees
Great first job
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON19 March 2017
Tim Horton's was a great experience for a first job. The environment was very encouraging and uplifting, as well as beneficial to my growth in the service industry. I learned a lot of skills required to ensure ultimate satisfaction from consumers and from higher authority such as adequate communication. I would recommend Tim Horton's to those searching for a job.
It's okay but don't expect much
Hostess/Production (Former Employee) –  Paris, ON19 March 2017
While you can make good friends at Tims, overall it's not an ideal place to work. Hours are long and there is usually little thought put into scheduling. Tims is great as a filler between jobs, but not for those who are looking for long-term employment. The job can be quite stressful especially in locations that do not have a high profit margin as understaffing in order to remain above specific thresholds is rampant.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Drama
Management did not treat workers with respect
Wellington Street East - Team Member (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ON19 March 2017
During my experience with Tim Horton's I learned that customer service is very important to the business. However, the management did not know how to train the employees well and manage their time.
Pros
Employees got along
Cons
Management did not know how to lead workers
Challenging place to work at.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB19 March 2017
Working at Tim Horton's provided me with the opportunity to learn how to deal with customers in a positive and effective way to keep them coming back.
Fun
Cashier, serving the public, cleaning (Former Employee) –  Yellowknife, NT19 March 2017
I already talked about Tim Hortons but I would say it's the best place to work for first time. You learn all the stuff you need to know there. And get tip at end of night
Pros
Tips
Cons
So much people
Fun Fast Pace Place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON18 March 2017
Tim Horton is a great place to work especially if u love a fast pace environment. I specifically liked Tim Hortons because i enjoy talking to people and seeing smiles on peoples faces.
Pros
Good Discount on Meals
A typical day at work is always busy but it always fun to deal with customers and coworkers
Team member (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON18 March 2017
I have learned to multi-task,take necessary steps to meet customer needs and effectively resolve customer issues.Its fun to work with co-workers and most of them are friendly and very helpful,so it becomes easier to co-ordinate and work as a team.
Pros
Fun working enviroment
Cons
Less opportunities for growth
Good place to work to start.
BAKER (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 March 2017
s Management is considerate but not so flexible when you call in sick or if there is an emergency. Some supervisors a micromanages, does not give you room to breathe, The work area is small, Otherwise, co workers are friendly. Not a bad company to work for.
Pros
free food
Cons
low wages
Productive and fast paced environment.
Team member (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 March 2017
The job keeps you busy at all times, If not baking, cooking, or cleaning, there's always the logs and paperwork that need to be done, Keeping yourself busy is easy because there is always work to be done in a position like this.
Pros
Free drinks and doughnuts! Great management!
Cons
Working a tim hortons by yourself
overnights in fast food
Overnight Associate (Former Employee) –  Keswick, ON17 March 2017
This company is run poorly from the ground up. I wont eat the food there anymore and cant believe the amount of turn over in staff due to bad management.
Low Skill, Low Pay
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 March 2017
Not a good job. If you need a job it is an easy one to get, but only work there for as long as you have to. I stayed 3 years and it was way too long and I was not rewarded for my hard work.
Pros
Free donuts, bagels and coffee.
Cons
You are a replaceable number.
Great part-time job for students
Server/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kingsville, ON17 March 2017
Tim Horton's offered an accommodating work schedule to me while I was in high school. They are a team-oriented facility and everyone worked well together. A typical day was using the point of sale system, taking orders, making coffee and other meals, and cleaning. I learned how to multitask and work as a team here.
Fun!
Cashier/Baker (Former Employee) –  Dawson Creek, BC16 March 2017
i really liked working here. good people all around! the money was good as well. worked their twice within a couple years! working nights was not bad.
summary
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  575 Ontario st s Milton16 March 2017
Tim Hortons is a great place to work for part time employee's. The environment is always friendly, the food and drinks are good and so were some of the people that I worked with there.
Fun and busy
hostess/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB16 March 2017
A typical day at work is busy but we always had fun with customers and between other coworkers. Coworkers switching positions constantly depending on staffing and how busy we are.I have learned how to multi task and how to take care of unsatisfied customers and help them in ways I could. I learned how to organize people positions and get most work done. I learned how to properly train new employees how to to be a good leader. The hardest part of the job is when we are short staffed and don't have enough employees to keep time and things stocked. The best part of the job is seeing customers happy and seeing the regulars and always catching up with them.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB16 March 2017
Once transferred to another store for about 6 months started to notice some management issues at that location, not proper structured at all, worked for the business for 5 years still made the same wage
Pros
Paid breaks
Cons
Sent home whenever
It's really fun working at Tim Hortons
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Campbell River, BC15 March 2017
I love working at Tim Hortons, i meet a lot of people. I gained a lot of friends. Im always excited to go to work and give my best. Sometimes we are short staffed but it does not happen all the time. I love working with my work mates specially in Drive Thru.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tim Hortons. Our community is ready to answer.