Tim Hortons

Tim Hortons Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
very fast pace
Supervisor (Former Employee), Digby, NSMay 14, 2015
Pros: you got benefits
Cons: long hours
It was always a very fast pace job.But if you worked with a good crew it went pretty smooth.Always enjoy serving people.It was a very clean establishment.Enjoyed working with everyone.
My customers
Counter Staff (Former Employee), La Salle OntarioMay 14, 2015
Pros: nice customers
Cons: long hours for little pay
I like my customers. The majority are an older group of people and I enjoy listening to their stories. I work days shift and with a group of different people from all walks of life.
Coffee shop
Store front/ Production (Current Employee), Barrie, ONMay 14, 2015
Working for Tim Hortons is fun, but rather stressful at times. Very good way to gain customer service experience. A typical day involves running around to get customers coffee orders, brewing coffee, making bagels and other foods, baking donuts and other product, working the drive-thru and front counter. Coworkers were great. There were sometimes conflicts between employees.
it was fun to work here
Customer Service (Former Employee), London, ONMay 13, 2015
tim Horton was a fun place to work at . they give me good hours. I liked working in a group. I worked in the mornings and sometimes in the evening
A good starting job
Store Front Employee (Current Employee), Cambridge, ONMay 13, 2015
Pros: Flexible hours
Tim Horton's has been a great stepping stone for me. It has better helped me with my communications and customer services skills as well as working in a fast pace environment. This has made me very good at dealing with stressful situations easily as well as being able to do a multitude of tasks at once and to the standards they need to be done. But, I feel as though I need a job that gives me more room to grow and has a more enjoyable environment.
first job
cashier (Former Employee), woodbridgeMay 13, 2015
it wasn't a good experience
they were unfair with current things
they never gave me hours
- i know i am a good employer and i always work hard but the management team never approve what i do.
productive and funny work place with variety of food
Supervisor (Current Employee), 3140 dufferin street , North York, CanadaMay 13, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: hard to take day off
this workplace is always busy. people are coming from early morning 5. 00 am to whole day with different kind of person. the best thing i learned from this place is excellent customer interaction, inventory management. there is nice surroundings with multicultural people working together at same place. all co-workers are supportive and hard working.
Great Team, Poor Management
Supervisor (Former Employee), Abbotsford, BCMay 12, 2015
A typical day at work, was I would be dressed and ready to start me shift 15 minutes before hand and I would be working on the positioning chart for all the employees that would be working with me that night. It also had the break times which I had set out, most nights I would tell my employees what time they could have and they would choose one. I would float around making sure the tills weren't becoming too full and if so I would take the money out putting it into the larger float after counting out the appropriate amount and putting the rest into the safe. At the end of my shifts I would lock up and make sure that there weren't any costumers left before leaving and making sure everything was done.
Management was a different subject, most of the time I wasn't even told of the changes to procedure and then would get in trouble for something I didn't even know about. I was the only one that got everything done so whenever I came back from my two days off I would have people complaining about how things weren't getting done and how much work was left for my shift. At the end of the day I still made sure that everything was cleaned and stocked ready for the next morning.
Engagin workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 11, 2015
Tim Hortons strives itself on hospitality. Customer service skills were acquired. Rewarding workplace and a friendly environment
Very friendly environment
Team Member (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMay 11, 2015
Pros: We allowed to have free breakfast & lunch
Cons: If needed sometimes I work more than eight hours
Hallow in Day
I learned customer service
Management is very systematic
My co-workers are very cooperative and friendly.
I think, Public wash room cleaning is the hardest part.
When I get recognition for my performance from higher management.
3 years, and I'm done.
Supervisor & Crew Member (Former Employee), ClaringtonMay 11, 2015
Pros: Discounted food, All hours available, Paid training
Cons: Stress
I worked at 3 different locations and managed to work my way up to a supervisor position, and after 6 months at a certain location I had had enough.
Great Environment
Cashier, Bagel Bar (Current Employee), Toronto, OntarioMay 11, 2015
Pros: we get free donuts, timbits and coffee.
It is a fast paced work environment
This job has taught me to multi-task work in a fast paced environment, this job has made me become more social to others.
I get along with all my co-workers we all work together and help one another. we are a heard working team.
The managers are very understanding, are always making sure everything is done perfectly making sure our work area is always safe.
The hardest part of the job is making the sandwich orders all at once for the drive-thru and front of the store. I can handle it just sometimes it gets really busy in the front bujt it mostly gets busy in the drive-thru.
what i enjoy the most is making the sandwiches and making coffee or cashing out I love greeting the customers and handing them their orders.
Productive and Fun work Place with Great People
cashier and dinning room (Former Employee), Medicine Hat, ABMay 11, 2015
Pros: free coffee and donuts
Cons: no lunch
A typical work day consists of great team players with fabulous customers I always looked forward to work. It was fast paced which is something I looked forward to. I learned how important it is to work together in a fast pace environment and to have extensive multitasking abilities and to pay attention to everything all at once. The hardest part of my job was drive thru because I liked the personal relations you have with a customers when they come in in person. That was the part of the job I personally liked was meeting new people all the time and getting to know them individually and also the hardest part too was leaving cuz of personal circumstances but i still remember all my customers and try to keep that personal relation going even after working there.
Good for a temporary job
Front counter/weekend baker (Former Employee), Komoka, ONMay 11, 2015
Pros: free coffee
Cons: wage
Great for students not so much for adults with families. A lot of repetition, too many supervisors. Great for getting your foot in the door.
Enjoyable
Baker/Storefront (Current Employee), Cambridge, ONMay 11, 2015
It is enjoyable everyday because I have nice coworkers and the customers are also very polite. I was able to improve my communication skills and even my math skills.
fast paced working
Team member (Current Employee), Edmonton ABMay 11, 2015
I serve bake and clean as I do the night shift the hardest part of my job is not spending no time with my family as I work all night and sleep all day apart from this I enjoy my work and the people I work with.
A fun working environment
Store Front Employee (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONMay 11, 2015
Pros: Guaranteed hours
Cons: Minimum wage at the time was only $7.25/hr
I was responsible for serving customers daily food/beverage orders. This was a fast-paced, fun working environment and I would go back for sure. I would also take orders on drive-thru and work sandwich/soup bar. I was responsible for making sure the sandwich area was completely stocked at all times (this involved me going into the walk-in fridge & freezer for food). I was working 40+ hours a week. At the time, I was only just out of my first year of college & the pay was only $7.25/hour which eventually led to leave to go find something new and for more money but I did enjoy it while I was there.
The usual part time work
Storefront Associate (Former Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONMay 10, 2015
Pros: free uniform
It is what you would expect. Good culture for the most part. Good part time work, especially for student.
Sometimes required to work until 11pm, which can be pretty late for some.
Enjoyed working at Tim Hortons
Team Member (Current Employee), Barrie, ONMay 10, 2015
Tim Horton's was a good first job. It taught me how to work hard and how to be organized in a work environment. I enjoyed how there was always opportunity to advance in the company.
Horrible
Cashier (Former Employee), Brampton, ONMay 10, 2015
Pros: paid breaks
Cons: We had to pay for our food, werent allowed to leave tim hortons on our breaks
I worked at tims for over a year and it was just bad, I hated it so much. We would get yelled at infront of the customers, we had to smile the whole entire 6 hour shift, which is no problem but some days couldnt just hapen. There was so much drama between co workers, some supervisers and even the manager would even talk in their own language which made it seem like they were talking about us. I worked only afternoon shift till closing, so when the afternoon shift would start NOTHING would be stocked, we had to do it all, and customers would get mad at us because we weret attending them, but how could we? We get yelled at for leaving water bottles in the back room.

About Tim Hortons

Tim Hortons Inc. is a Canadian fast casual restaurant known for its coffee and doughnuts. It is also Canada's largest fast food – Read more