Tim Hortons Employee Reviews

Found 6,022 reviews matching the search
Fun and involving
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON19 December 2016
Tim Hortons is a very interesting place to work. It has great culture and delicious food. Management is usually fair and it is very valuable job experience for future careers
Last choice available
Cashier (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL10 September 2016
Tim Hortons is a very basic level entry job for high school kids. If this is your first job it will teach you basic customer service skills that you will be able to take with you to any other job. At the same time it will also teach you to watch your back & to look out for number one. If you are looking for a "career" you better be willing to do a lot of "brown nosing" with the current management & be willing to throw your coworkers under the bus the first chance you get. The best part of the job is the days off.
Pros
None I can think of.
Cons
No Pros
It's a nice company but they should give benefits to employees especially those staffs working at night
Storefront (Current Employee) –  1600 Langstaff Toad12 October 2016
Well-known company but should have programs that give benefits and security to employees. They should give proper training to new worker so she familiarize with the restaurant set-up,give new uniforms not those used by previous employees and provide safety shoes. They just should $23 of the cost of the shoes.
Pros
free coffee and donuts and sandwiches, staff
productive place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON20 December 2016
As i worked in Tim horton's which was located in the hospital it was really busy and hectic. But despite this I have learned to multitask and how to become adaptable to different environment. Managment was awesome and very helpful. I felt safe while working there with my co-workers and management. It was a really good experience.
Pros
Free lunches, excellent staff and environment
Cons
Steady job with good co-workers.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Port Hope, ON25 July 2016
I have been working at Tim Hortons for 4 years and have just recently been promoted to a management position. The people that I work with have a mutual respect for me, and we run a very productive, fun shift. I have learned a tremendous amount about customer service during my time here that I will forever hold as a very important lesson. The most enjoyable part of my job is when I get to see the look on a customers face when they arrive at the counter to their order already completed because I have it memorized. It makes them feel special and appreciated.
Pros
Making new relationships with customers/co-workers.
Cons
Not the best salary.
a productive place with no dull moments
Customer service. -Counter service (Former Employee) –  Ontario20 December 2016
-it starts out pretty okay, like any other jobs. a typical day at work was busy, all the time so there is lots to do, management and co-workers are always nice and helpful. hardest part of the job for me is the first hr of the day
Pros
discounts for all the restaurants in the service centre
Cons
long hours everyday
Mostly fun
Restaurant worker (Former Employee) –  Steinbach, MB28 November 2016
Tim Hortons was surprisingly fun. I still maintain that it is the most challenging job I've ever done. There are so many small details that you have to get exactly right in a fast-paced environment but the staff and management was good and easy to work with. Salary is what you would expect from fast-food but the flexible schedule is perfect for students or anyone looking for part-time work
Fantastic experience, lots of great employees and dedicated and reliable management
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON22 September 2016
Overall, I had the best possible work experience at Tim Hortons, management offered lots of advice and I was trained very well, everyone had a great attitude and always supported my ideas and expectations. Other employees were helpful and fun people to work alongside.
Pros
Free lunches, lots of advancement, great workplace
Cons
Lots of turnover in the school year
Fun environment
Cashier/Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 July 2016
a typical day at work is challenging because Tim Hortons is a very busy place. the hardest part about this job is trying to keep the lines down. Management is good they are fair to the employees. I have learned a great set of skills for multitasking, team work, knowledge of products, promotions, work fast and safely.
Pros
Free coffee
God awful place to work
Cashier and Baker (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB12 January 2017
I worked with people here that have been getting paid the same salary for over 15 years... The owners of all the Tim Hortons in Moncton do not care about anyone else but themselves, people who work there hate their lives because of that, and the worst part is that when you get promoted to supervisor, you get a 25 cent raise! The tips were good though
Pros
Tips
Cons
Everything else
You will miss it when you left.
services/baker/counter (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NS9 December 2016
I worked at Cape Breton Tim Hortons for a year.
I know works like this could be diffcult but if you work harder than you think, you can get better reward.

Also the management style totally different from store to store, beware the feeling when you really want to get in.
Pros
Nice people, sometimes fun, friends more than co-workers
Cons
law pay, hurts on the back.
Productive environment
Baker/Nights (Current Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON15 November 2016
Bake and handle customer orders.
Perform cash transactions.
Learned more about team work.
Management is organized, but very intense.
Determining how much product is needed for each day is the most difficult part of the job.
I enjoy the comradery of my co-workers
No long term career opportunity.
Pros
Free coffee and One baked good per shift
Cons
Not a livable wage for a family
Challenging
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC9 September 2016
the job requires a lot of patience, a lot of balance, that's definitely something I learnt from Tim Hortons. being a part of the management required me to keep a friendly yet professional environment, so i usually got the jobs done by keeping them fun and necessary. I do not personally think any job is hard, when you are put into that position people figure their ways out yet following the rules, and that itself is the most enjoyable part.
Benefits
Cons
Scheduling
Great Staff Great place
Baker/Storefront personnel/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON26 September 2016
The staff was wonderful. The owners really encouraged a culture of development of skill sets. I would recommend that anyone starting out in the business of hotel restaurant management go and work for this particular owner. He develops well talented individuals.
Pros
Good friends and a good place to work
Cons
not many cons
Fun workplace but not good enough salary.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 November 2016
fun work place, but the salary is a bit less. i learn to have a good customer service how to communicate with people, and be professional, management is really nice, the hard part is when customers are rude. most enjoyable part is serving and make the community happy.
Pros
50% discount for food, full time hours
Cons
rude customers sometimes
Fun and friendly work environment.
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Corunna, ON22 April 2016
A lot of people will say working at Tim Horton's is not a good job. I would like to say I've been around and I can safely say Tim Horton's is one of the better food service jobs I've ever had. The management are fair and friendly, the staff are great and the customers are pretty great too, after they've had their first cup!

Every job has its ups and downs. It's just how you look at it that's important. If you come to this position thinking that it's easy and you just stand around pouring coffee all day, you are in for a surprise. If you are willing to work hard and you do what is asked of you (as you would be expected to in ANY job) you will do just fine.

Tim Horton's is a lot about "the regulars". The same people you see every day coming in and trusting you to get their coffee just right, and you already know what they want before they get to the counter, creates a sense of family and community that you won't find anywhere else.
Pros
Flexible hours, opportunity for advancement
Cons
Sometimes not enough hours
Customer service
Food counter team leader (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 July 2016
Fast paced work environment, good staffs but the advancement in the salary is rare long hours of standing and sometimes bad management.
Pros
Fun, Fast paced, easy to learn
Cons
low salary, long standing
Excellent experience
Team Member (Former Employee) –  New Glasgow, NS23 November 2016
Working at Tims gave me experience for future use within customer service careers. Learned many things, such as Food Safety and food prep. Management was always friendly and understanding of any needed time off for extracurricular activities. Co-workers were nice to work with and quite friendly.
Pros
Discount
Fantastic
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Coqutilam2 September 2016
I find that going to work is fulfilling and gratifying. I have learned how to do cash audits, inventory, production and many time management skills. I have the best co workers who work hard and are fun to be around. The hardest part of the job is getting everyone on the same page. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the smiles on the customers faces and the staff's faces.
Pros
The skills that I learn
Cons
Under staffed
Overall, this was an amazing first job. I learned a lot in several areas and gained many different skills.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON9 June 2016
A typical day at work was very stressful and hectic. We always had line-ups out the door that would never end as well as several impatient customers because we were located right on the Falls. I learned so many skills like; patience, teamwork, leadership, independent work, etc..
I made several friends and everyone worked as a team. Their was no drama, it was like a family. The hardest part of the job was getting harassed by angry customers but their were also customers that made your day. I got to meet people from all over the world and got to learn more about different languages and cultures. Management had their good and bad days but overall, they cared about everyone individually. It was a great experience.
Pros
Gained experience, learned a lot of different skills, made friends, met different people, etc..
Cons
Angry customers