Tim Hortons

diverse cultural environment.
nice pay
Fun and Friendly Workplace
Store Front and Baker (Current Employee), Brampton OntarioAugust 10, 2014
Great experience learning from others and my self.
Developed many grateful skills and characteristics such as working hard and problem solving.
tfw take over
Supervisor/ Weekend Manager (Former Employee), Halifax, NSAugust 10, 2014
Pros: ?
if you want to work with TFW workers, this is the perfect job. halifax airport, all i have to say
fast pased enviorment
Baker (Current Employee), Whitby, ONAugust 9, 2014
Pros: 50 precent off certain items on breaks
Cons: the breaks are short
it a job that really keeps u moving fast paced work place busy most of the times lots to do and take care of nice supervisors and good employees
Work enviorment
Baker/customer service (Former Employee), Halifax, NSAugust 9, 2014
Pros: great staff and customers
Cons: salary
My work day at Tim Horton's started for the most part a 3 AM. I enjoyed the quiet time in the morning to prepare for a busy day.
I learned a lot about food prep and handling. There was great management and a great team where I worked to make each day fun but also challenging. The store was very fast pace and you had to be on your toes every minute to – more... make sure the customers got there order quick and correctly. – less
Fun place to work
Crew Member (Current Employee), Dartmouth, NSAugust 8, 2014
Working for Tim Hortons is definitely a fun experience. We are a close knit family who get to joke and laugh but still get all our work done, work hard and pull our own weight.
My typical day at work would included preparing caffeinated beverages for customers, stocking paper and plastic products like our lids, cups, straws, napkins, canned coffees. – more... cleaning the machines we use, as well as the assigned chores for that shift.
We are a hard working store. We have won the always fresh competition for the last four years making us number one store in nova scotia, this year we were also ranked number one store in canada. The hardest part about this job would have to be the pressure to maintain the stores status. we really never stop preparing or cleaning because you never know when you could get an inspection, and maintaining a clean composed store determines if we qualify for always fresh. – less
Fun and fast- paced work environment
Supervisor (Current Employee), OntarioAugust 8, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: rude customers
Working at Tim Horton's is a great experience. Tim Horton's allows you to show off your skills and be rewarded for it. Chances of growing within the company is very high as they are always looking for new management staff. The hardest part of the job is constantly having to be fast paced which can be very tiring. The staff of Tim Horton's are able to – more... create good friendships and team skills as the environment is small and constant. – less
Productive stressful & fun
Team Member (Current Employee), Brampton, OnAugust 8, 2014
Pros: paid breaks
Cons: afternoon shifts.
At Tim Hortons i learned that speed, quality and costumer service is the biggest factors of this company, i have noticed that because people have complimented on fast service and as well as slow service, how we present ourselves to our costumers can show them whether they would like to come back to this store or go to another.
Management at this store – more... was horrible, My manager did not know how to handle situations under stress and always took it out on employees in front of costumers. She would change your schedule completely if you do something or say something she doesn't like, she will take away a good chunk of your hours from the two weeks if you book off time. She was not flexible with schedules at all ! only for certain people. overall Tim Hortons is a good work place, but it is un-needed stress. – less
Great Place to work
Cashier/baker (Former Employee), Enfield, NSAugust 7, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: super busy
I had a wonderful time working there. They were always able to work around my schedule. My co workers were very easy going and made it a fun place to come to work to everyday.
Not the most receptive staff and management
Cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 7, 2014
A typical day at work involved taking customer orders, fulfilling those orders and serving them. Keeping behind counter stocked and clean.

The hardest part of the job was showing up. At the time I was 15 and did not have any living accommodations, which made my job really difficult.
Fun workplace
Supervisor (Current Employee), Victoria, BCAugust 6, 2014
Learning how to manage with co-workers and placing them where positions are needed to be filled and secondaries. Making the guests happy and laugh and serving them with their orders.
Great Place.
Cashier (Former Employee), Minto, NBAugust 6, 2014
You get to meet people face to face, its sometimes hard to stand all day and gets busy.

You will enjoy all the faces you see but also have to deal with some Irate people.

Management does what it can but sometimes does not have the best organization.
Counter Attendant (Former Employee), Belleville, ONAugust 6, 2014
Pros: long hours
Cons: short hours
A typical day at work would be very productive and I would stay on my feet. Being on my feet meant that I was always assisting customers or cleaning and preparing. I learned that it is important to keep a smile on your face at all times showing that you are happy to be at work, I also learned that no matter what happens a customer should always leave – more... happy. I would say I got along with all co-workers and the management while working. I listened to their ideas and we helped one another out. I listened to the higher up people I worked with like the supervisors and managers when they needed my help or had something for me to accomplish. The hardest part of the job would be working without who and what I needed. If we were short staffed or we had run out of supplies/ingredients. Therefore it was up to me to make the best of that and try as best as I could to still be positive and make the customers happy, The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to make a lot of orders one after the other, I really enjoyed having a lot of customers in one shift. – less
Productive, fun, fast paced enviorment with friendly staff
Night Baker/ Occasional cashier (Former Employee), Sarnia, ONAugust 6, 2014
Pros: free donuts and coffee, full-time hours, good enviorment, friendly people
A typical day at work involved, cleaning the work area, cleaning any and all dishes used by customers, baking muffins, strudels, buns, bagels, cookies, Danishes, and preparing all sandwich sauces, and everything on the sandwich and Panini menu.
All coworkers at Tim Horton's were very friendly, and hard working people.
The most enjoyable part of this – more... job is the people you meet, and the people you work with. – less
Productive and usually fun to work
Canada Safeway - Coffee Server (Former Employee), Calgary, AB CanadaAugust 5, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: long hours
There was always a problem though, but over all a good work place i guess.
Horrible working experience
Customer Service (Former Employee), AjaxAugust 5, 2014
Pros: free food
Cons: mean and crude owners
I learned how to be a great customer server through this job but it wasn't a good experience. The owners swore, and were very rude to some employees. They had favorites and they were verbally abusive.
Fast pace job, good hours, sometimes strenuous work
Food Service Supervisor (Former Employee), St. John's, NLAugust 5, 2014
Pros: learned how to make various types of food
Cons: physically demanding
Very friendly co-workers who assist as much as they can to make the workplace professional and productive. I worked as many hours as i requested and if I needed time off it was never a problem to give away my hours.
Fast and Fun workplace with all customer care
Customer Service/ Cashier (Former Employee), Brampton, ONAugust 5, 2014
Learned how to work in a team in a busy and rushing hours.

A very helpful management to get adjusted in an environment of work and learned how to be happy at work

My co-workers have been supported a lot when started first time to work and throughout the journey working with them and make it memorable time of my life.

The hardest part of the job is – more... to do the best to get the satisfaction smile from all customer's face and to solve any complaints of the guest. As being a part of the company can not leave any customer with bad impression of the management.

When it's extreme busy and we all try to work it out as a team is the most enjoyable part of the job. – less
Learned to be more productive
Supervisor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 3, 2014
It was a fun working in a fast paced QSR environment.The management team was excellent.
good part time job
Cashier (Former Employee), calgaryAugust 2, 2014
-talk to customers.
-book appointments
-good management.
-flexible hours.

About Tim Hortons

Tim Hortons Inc. is a Canadian fast casual restaurant known for its coffee and doughnuts. It is also Canada's largest fast food – Read more