Tim Hortons Employee Reviews

Found 6,336 reviews matching the search
About Tim horton's
Store front (Team member) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 January 2017
Some customers are so crazy. Sometime they fight without reason.
I learns some management skills and taking responsibility.

- Management people are some time crazy because they have big responsibility.

-Most enjoyable part of job is busy hours.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
less salary
Steady job with good co-workers.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Port Hope, ON25 July 2016
I have been working at Tim Hortons for 4 years and have just recently been promoted to a management position. The people that I work with have a mutual respect for me, and we run a very productive, fun shift. I have learned a tremendous amount about customer service during my time here that I will forever hold as a very important lesson. The most enjoyable part of my job is when I get to see the look on a customers face when they arrive at the counter to their order already completed because I have it memorized. It makes them feel special and appreciated.
Pros
Making new relationships with customers/co-workers.
Cons
Not the best salary.
Challenging
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC9 September 2016
the job requires a lot of patience, a lot of balance, that's definitely something I learnt from Tim Hortons. being a part of the management required me to keep a friendly yet professional environment, so i usually got the jobs done by keeping them fun and necessary. I do not personally think any job is hard, when you are put into that position people figure their ways out yet following the rules, and that itself is the most enjoyable part.
Benefits
Cons
Scheduling
Fast paced environment
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, ON5 December 2016
I was blessed to work with a great group of ladies, and gents, during my time employed there. We were striven to outperform our sister location in west end of town when it was time for a show down on speed and accuracy of our service.Great memories.
benefits
Cons
management
chaotic management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON16 November 2016
i enjoyed working midnights at tims because i got to work independently and the daytime was extremely chaotic with very little direction. learned to work quickly and efficiently while providing high quality work and ensuring the morning staff would be ready to go.
benefits
Cons
not the best management
Its a good starting job and had pretty good experience.
team member (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC5 June 2016
My typical days at work is good, sometimes not but for sure it happens all the time. I managed to adjust myself with all different types of people of different culture, of different raise. I learned to appreciate simple efforts, simple gestures of appreciation, stay positive and head's up although the situation is disappointing. I learned that valuing the cant's and cans of a person helps us grow in the most effective kind of manner. Management isn't understanding enough so it's not that worth of too much time and effort. Co-workers are a mix of good, better, best and worst which is usual. Hardest part is you are not that motivated because you don't feel like you were appreciated but on the brighter side, there are few who sees your worth.
Tim hortons
graveyard baker (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC1 February 2017
terrible management doesnt treat anyone with the respect they deserve Dont care about anyone but them selfs. Don't ever expect a raise. Employees are very rude.
Fast paced environment with great team support.
Tim Hortons Team Member (Current Employee) –  Essa, ON31 October 2016
Working with the team members at Tim Hortons I've not only built relationships with my co workers but also with customers to ensure the best service overall. Tim Hortons has provided me with the knowledge and skills I feel are necessary and applicable in many areas of customer service.
Pros
30 % off food and beverages, benefits, tips
Cons
Small staff
Fast and positive enviroment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Rothesay, NB26 September 2016
Very fast paced but always loving smiles and positive attitudes and great customer service. I learned having a great attitude in the workplace is always best for you and your customers. hardest part; lunch rushes but always loved the lunch rushes because i was always busy and my day flew by.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
Not getting a raise often enough and having some medical and dental benefits
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC20 September 2016
Some pros are having Vacation pay, Christmas parties, long weekend pay, and also my dental and medical are covered. But some cons are that i work during the rush hours, which is at lunch time and they dont give us any raise. They only increase our wage by 25 cents every 1 year.
Pros
Vacation pay
Cons
Not getting a raise often enough
Fun work place, good staff and good management
Tim Hortons Team Member ( Baker) (Former Employee) –  ile des soeurs, Montreal11 February 2017
Nice work place, great environment. Small place but great sales and more staff. Little bit conjusted and at times difficult to work. Good manager who always tries to help and improve the work environment.
Pros
Good work shifts
Cons
Less salary
fun workplace excellent manager we have
Cashier/ (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC27 December 2016
funny and cooperative co worker, understanding and good staff, very nice and understanding manager just love to work at that place
Pros
good environment, fun place
Cons
no wage raises
It was okay
Supervisor (2016) (Former Employee) –  Pierrefonds, QC28 September 2016
First job I had, and I've worked there for 4 years. No benefits, minimum wage, and lots of work. However, it is a great first job to gain work experience, I just wouldn't stay for too long if you have more expenses to pay. Though, as a student, they are very flexible with work hours in order to fit your schedule
Pros
Flexible hours
Fun fast paced
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON1 February 2017
Tims is a good place to work for an easy job they allow flex hrs.....the customers are great , no room really for advancement . Benifits are pricey but al leat you get them
Pros
50 % discount
Cons
Uniform
first job
Supervisor & Truck Receiver (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON16 January 2017
was a great first job teaches a lot about work ethics , customer service and being punctual , the owner is very strict and it is very hard to get raises, even as a supervisor
Productive and fun working environment
Store Front (Former Employee) –  Estevan, SK23 February 2017
A typical day at work is taking orders from customer, taking money, getting them there drinks and food, cleaning and stocking your area. Hardest part is if busy trying to get everything done before the end of shift.
Pros
Customers
Cons
not very great benefits
very busy days during summer, but worth it. management needs some tlc to their workers
Food Counter Attendant/Cashier/baker (Former Employee) –  Hinton, AB8 February 2017
a fast paced environment, very challenging work especially at rush hours, needs to focus on how to manage their staff properly. all in the work is good.
Pros
extra work days
Cons
low salary
Fast pace & Team work
Team Member/Storefront (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL2 February 2017
- Some very good reasons to work at Tim's, is the social interaction with many customers, and other co-workers.
- Flexible working hours
- Build up your customer service skills and ability to deal with irate customer
Pros
Medical Benefits
Cons
Not related to my Major
Fast Paced Workplace
GFS Delivery, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC16 February 2017
Seems difficult in the beginning but after the training you feel very confident in being able to serve the public. Get to work with a very diverse group of people. Time goes by fast as you are always engaged.
Pros
Lunches at a discount
Cons
Salary
Crazy Busy
Fast Food Chain Staff (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 May 2016
A common day at Tim Hortons is usually a very busy with a very diverse customer because of this you learn to be patient and open to others wants and needs. I work for a great management team very personable and compassionate to each employee and there individual needs and struggles. There is a wonderful team of hard working ladies who come to work everyday and give 110%
The is not a really head part to this job its very routine for the most part and I would say for me the only issue I have is money pretty much everyone makes minimum wage and there hasn't been raises given to anyone that I know of an I have worked for this owner for many years and that would be one of the reasons I am looking for a different job or possibly another job. The cost if living continues to increase but wages do NOT.