Tim Hortons Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
great place to work and full of opurtunity
cashier , deli ,store front (Current Employee), Oshawa, ONApril 25, 2016
Pros: Meeting new people
Cons: hours are scattered
Tim Horton's is full of learning and many experiences and oppertunity

to move from just starting the job to management and awesome

gatherings yearly
Good for some customer service job
Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Trenton, ONApril 25, 2016
Pros: get to work with customers every day
Cons: some of the mangers were not very good
I liked working there cause i got to work with the public one on one. Its not a difficult job. Some of the mangers and co workers are good but there is some that i did not care for. I found that some of the mangers had their faves if you were not one of them you were treated ok but not good. I enjoyed working there but other opportunities came up and i had to take them.
Wonderful Atmosphere to work in
Drive thru member (Current Employee), Morrisburg, ONApril 25, 2016
Typical day in drive thru, fast paced, but efficiently run. I've learned that everything cannot be done by one person. Working as a team is what makes drive thru work as well as it does. Management staff are great and are very helpful. The hardest part of the job is trying to keep up with orders!
Good people, free coffee.
Supervisor (Current Employee), Surrey, BCApril 25, 2016
Taking orders and promptly putting order in accurately. Keeping team members on task and focused. Meeting service time goals.

I learned how to manage a team, keeping them focused on the daily goals and congratulating them on meeting said goals.

Co-workers are fun to work with.
Great and fair Company
Customer Service and Cashier (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 25, 2016
Pros: Helpful Area
Cons: Flexible Hours
Excellent environment to work in. Lots of things I learned about Customer Service.
Great Management, Worked with the team and serve client.
I have no problem to work whole life there. Every day learn something new from co-workers and clients which made me happy.
fun and and exciting
Baker (Current Employee), St. Catharines, ONApril 25, 2016
Pros: paid break
Cons: only one 30 minute break a shift
As a baker I am faced with many challenges throughout the day. The main part of the job is making sure that the showcase is always full. Another thing that I will have to do on a regular basis would be helping another team member when they become overwhelmed by the amount of customers on counter. With me being in school the past 2 years, they have really worked around my class schedule. Being with this company for 4 years has really given me great experiences in customer service.
Fast paced work, good team members, full time
Team Member/Baker (Former Employee), Comox, BCApril 24, 2016
Pros: Free donuts and hot drinks
Very fast paced made the day go by quickly and the great team members made stressful times more fun. I learned how to manage stressful situations and problem solve. I learnt how to manage time and workload, how to prioritize and how to work as a team member.
Productive work place
Baker/Cashier (Current Employee), Newmarket, ONApril 24, 2016
Pros: Flexible hours, simple task work
Cons: Very busy environment
Often busy but very manageable

Learned responsibilty and integrity. Built character. Working as a team. Customer service skills obtained.
Productive learning ecperience
Supervisor (Former Employee), Dieppe, NBApril 24, 2016
Management was a little lacking, however there was alot to learn from this experience. Being promoted to Night manager was a great experience, where I developed many skills.
job was unfit
Team Member (Current Employee), Sherwood Park, ABApril 23, 2016
Pros: none
Cons: breaks are not up to canadian work standards.
a typical day of working at Tim Hortons is boring and long, you don't receive any breaks unless you work over five hours on a single shift, wage and discounts were garbage. the hardest part of the job was putting on the uniform and punching in while fighting the urge to quit.
The learning experience was amazing
Food Counter Attendant/Supervisor (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKApril 23, 2016
The learning experience was amazing and the people I worked with were awesome as well. I enjoyed the postive work place atmoshere
Productive and fun
SUPERVISOR (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 23, 2016
Its a good company and have a good and friendly staff. I have learned a lot and been promoted to Bell Captain.The hardest part of it is you are far from your family sometimes I am home sick but since I have fun and friendly co workers they can help me to have fun
Fun and friendly work environment.
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Corunna, ONApril 22, 2016
Pros: Flexible hours, opportunity for advancement
Cons: Sometimes not enough hours
A lot of people will say working at Tim Horton's is not a good job. I would like to say I've been around and I can safely say Tim Horton's is one of the better food service jobs I've ever had. The management are fair and friendly, the staff are great and the customers are pretty great too, after they've had their first cup!

Every job has its ups and downs. It's just how you look at it that's important. If you come to this position thinking that it's easy and you just stand around pouring coffee all day, you are in for a surprise. If you are willing to work hard and you do what is asked of you (as you would be expected to in ANY job) you will do just fine.

Tim Horton's is a lot about "the regulars". The same people you see every day coming in and trusting you to get their coffee just right, and you already know what they want before they get to the counter, creates a sense of family and community that you won't find anywhere else.
fun workplace environment
CUSTOMER SERVICE/ KITCHEN HELP/ CASHIER (Former Employee), Brampton, ONApril 22, 2016
a typical day at timmies was great because i usually worked weekends the crew members were mostly students and similar age so it was nice fun environment and the management team was always nice and helpful. fast paced environment. learned great customer service skills and how to make customers happy!
Friendly workplace
Cashier/Drive Thru (Former Employee), Kingston, ONApril 22, 2016
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: Some issues with certian co workers
-When you would walk into work it was like an instant relief, you were happy to be there and customers were always so kind.

-I learned a lot about time management and a nice pace for speed of service that wouldn't stress you out.

-Management was always there when I needed them and were very understanding and willing to help when I didn't understand something.

-I personally didn't find anything hard about the job :)

-The most enjoyable part of the job was making customers smile and going to work feeling safe and happy.
Concentrated in Employee relation
Floating Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 22, 2016
Happy and very engaging company to work with. Many benefits and good salary to employees and good scheduling to all employees. All executives are visible in the hotel
Enjoyable work area but lack of management and bussiness skill
Customer service and baker (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONApril 22, 2016
Pros: 50% off food during shift, free meal (>9$) if shift is before 6am or longer than 10 hours
(Review reference my Tim Hortons location). A typical day involves pretty basic arrival and preparations for the incoming rush of customers from 7:30am to 11:00am, during rush time is very rushed but orders are completed efficiently. 11-3pm is mostly spent doing cleaning task/stocking then another rush. Most employees knew their task and management had very little management to do. Hardest part of the job is managing stock with the minimal machines given (Brewers, Ovens).
Cashier, Food Prep & Customer Service (Former Employee), London, ONApril 22, 2016
It was fun and busy which I like about a work place. jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk.
Disorganized
Store Front (Former Employee), Brampton, ONApril 21, 2016
Pros: Discount on Sandwhiches
Cons: not enough hours
Was sent home many times when business was slow. Understaffed a lot of times. Management was very poor. Lunch break was 30 minutes per 5 hour shift but by the time you punch in for break and order your food and sit down to eat, 15 mins has already passed.
fast pace environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Brantford, ONApril 21, 2016
Pros: paid break
Cons: rude customers
Tim Horton's is a very fast paced environment and can be very stressful at times a few of there locations lack cleanliness and the ability to respect there employees and customers. The hours can be ridiculous and unfair.
Headquarters