Tim Hortons

Tim Hortons Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun workplace
Store Front Clerk (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 23, 2015
Working at Tim's is a fun experience. All the staffs are really friendly and the supervisors really know what they're doing. Everyone is working together as a team.
Productive place to work
StoreFront (Former Employee), Winnipeg,MBFebruary 23, 2015
Upon arriving at work I stocked cups,milk,cream,sugar prepared coffee & tea. I learned customer service skills and working as a team. As for management it was fairly acceptable. Loved each and every co-worker, very respectful and loved them like family. The hardest part of the job was dealing with difficult customers and being in the downtown environment. My most enjoyable part of my job was seeing all the wonderful regular customers as well as my team members.
Service with a smile, speedy also, we are a good team
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Montréal, QCFebruary 23, 2015
It is such a pleasure to work at Tim's, a rare opportunity, and certainly advancement, which is how I see my career blossoming.
Safe and productive work place
Cashier (Former Employee), ScarboroughFebruary 22, 2015
This is a place that will give you a chance with little to no experience required and educate you in the field.

You will learn how to work as a team as wellas by your self.
Some people ruin the job
team member (Former Employee), Georgetown, ONFebruary 22, 2015
If you love talking to people this job i great, luckily I am a people person. However some people can still manage to ruin your day with unseen levels of arrogance and insults. Still, with flexible hours and chances to advance its a good starter job, or even long term as they have benefits. Ultimately, fast food is not for me though.
Productive and fun workplace
Team Member (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCFebruary 21, 2015
tim hortons is a fun work place to get gain more experience as you are starting. it is kind of tiring but the environment is fun
baker
Baker (Former Employee), Shediac, NBFebruary 21, 2015
i was responcible for baking product like donuts,muffins,cookies and pies and cakes.some of the mixes had to be made from scrache as well as making glaze for the donuts
productive and a fun place to work.
Cashier (Former Employee), Thompson ,MBFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: dicounted meals
Cons: long hours, 6-7 days a week
On a typical day I would take the customers order and serve the customer their beverages and/or food. What i learned while working at Tim hortons is to handle the cashier, deal with the customers and to handle a hard situation properly when dealing with a unhappy costumer.

My manager and co-works at the time were hard working and amazing to work with. The hardest part of the job i would say was working 6-7 days a week but the most enjoyable part was meeting my co-workers and gaining the expeirence from the job.
Productive, professional atmosphere
Store Front (Former Employee), Brantford, ONFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: around the corner
Cons: long hours
Make coffee for custmers
I learned interpersonal and personal people skills
Managment was very professional
Co-workers were amazing
Hardest part was the early mornings
Being around people
learned communication between customers
Cashier (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 20, 2015
it was hard for me to work their first time. but i learned a lot about communication,cashier, and prepared inventory for following day.
Flexible and fast-paced environment
Team Member & Supervisor (Current Employee), Mount Forest, ON & Waterloo, ONFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: flexible, friendly
Cons: poor pay, shift work
Typical day involves serving customers and preparing food & drinks. Aside from learning how to make different drinks and foods, I also learned many personal skills. These skills include time management & conflict resolution. The management at this company is very flexible and worked great with my school schedule and different hours. My co-workers are definitely the best part of this job, they make work fun and enjoyable. The hardest part of the job is dealing with customer complaints. As a supervisor, I regularly dealt with any issues that arose. Although it can be very difficult dealing with angry & frustrated customers, it helped me develop patience and taught me the correct ways to handle this type of situation.
fast paced
RESTAURANT MANAGER (Current Employee), Milton, ONFebruary 19, 2015
high demand mentally, emotionally, physically
unrealistic demands
no consistancy
hard to keep motivated or challenged
the feeling of being taken advantage of for little worth
Good Customer service
Team Member (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 19, 2015
Exceptionally well customer service.
good work environment
cooperative staff
Efficient service
Distinguised personality of people
Learnt different languages
Fun, fast paced and great people
Storefront/cashier (Current Employee), Dunvagen, ONFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: free hot beverages and showcase items
Cons: asked too much for too little wages
A typical work day starts by talking with your co-workers catching up on all the new events and products. Then we work as a team to give the best customer service we are able to provide. Lastly we work as a team to keep the store clean and stocked. I learned many things here however i will only name a few. I have learnt a lot about patience, communication skills. I have learnt that not everyone learns the same way in the workplace and that patience is a virtue when training co-workers.I have also been able to greatly improve my communication skills with others, not only towards co-workers but management as well, it is very important to be able to communicate appropriately and effectively towards all colleagues. The best part about my job was my colleagues, you spend a lot of time with them and so I always try and stay positive and upbeat to create a fun and effective work environment. The hardest part of the job would have been some of the physical requirements when I was a baker. However there were only a few items which I found too heavy and therefore it wasn't all that bad. The most enjoyable part of this particular job is the "regulars" the people you serve, sometimes daily, and you know you're making their day just by handing them a coffee.
Enjoyable and keeps you busy
Store front / Baker (Former Employee), st thomas ontFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: alot of extra shifts avail work with the public
Typical day working at Tim Hortons is fast paced.Get t o meet alot of different people. Ilearned how to do the baking part and different ways to do things i didn't know how was done previously before working in this kind of enviroment. the people I worked w ith were easy to get along with and careing i love working in a team oriented place.i would have to say the ahrdest part of the job was when i did a few days shift of baking very demanding but did pretty good at keeping up with the demand.
lots of working experience
Food Service Counter Attendant (Former Employee), Coaldale, ABFebruary 18, 2015
working in tim horton's makes a little different to my previous work as i always work in a fine dine-in and casual dine-in. i decided to leave tim hortons due to changes of my marital status for the last two years ago. i have been blessed with the owner of this company as their are easy people to approach and easy to talk to. they understand what i choose when i leave the company. every employer is different and they are blessings to us.
fast paced, customer oriented company with friendly staff
Baker (Former Employee), Windsor, ONFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: half price food when at work.
Cons: high stress, minimum wage with no seniority bonuses.
while having a very supportive, team based approach to service, it is an often high demand and stressful enviroment. attention to record keeping and speed of service are the key driving forces in everyday's work. co-workers are on the whole very supportive and pleasant. Making someone's day by doing that little something extra, or giving that reassuring smile to a customer who brightens at your attention is one of the most rewarding things about working there. The management is very firm and demanding, but it is because the standards are so high. This leads to the hardest part of the job, the stress. With high standards of practice and speed being essential, it is often difficult to remain calm, especially in the case of late deliveries or malfunctioning equipment. Benefits for full time employees are very good (medical, dental, drug and insurance).
Great job
Store Front Clerk (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBFebruary 18, 2015
A typical day at work is dealing with great customers leaving them happy.

I have learned how to keep a restaurant clean and fastly paced dealing with customers.

my boss is amazing and very helpful!
Always busy, hands on, amazing team members
Cashier and Food Preparation (Former Employee), Abbotsford, BCFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: 50% off
Cons: morning drive thru line ups
Although I was there for long I loved working at Tim Horton's. The reason for me leaving this job was because urgently my family and I had to go to India because of a family situation. I was only working at Tim Horton's for about 2 and a half months. To be able to leave on "vacation" I actually had to atleast be there for a good 4 months. Therefore, I had to quit before I left. I was told to come back and re-apply but when I came back they had hired 3 new employees, just my luck.
Tim Hortons
Cashier (Former Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: discount
Cons: rude customers
I served coffee,doughnuts, & muffins to customers,, I learned how to properly do my job with the training videos I had to do every so often, and my co workers were very friendly, some people slacked, which I didn't like, because I like to keep moving,, but the hardest part of my day wasn't really much but if I had to say something that was 'hard' I would say cleaning the bathrooms, because it can be dangerous, and the best part was talking to people, and making their day, and making them smile when they leave.

About Tim Hortons

Tim Hortons Inc. is a Canadian fast casual restaurant known for its coffee and doughnuts. It is also Canada's largest fast food – Read more