Tim Hortons
3,309 reviews

Tim Hortons Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Unstable work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), the Bowmanville store in Wal MartMarch 23, 2015
Pros: it was full time
Cons: the fast paced work
a typical day: punch in find out where I was working and make sure everything was stocked and enough coffee was ready, server customer do my assigned chores, I learned how to make different types of beverages, the manager was nice, my co worker were younger and were in a click and I was an outsider. The hardest part was keeping up with the coffee and the most enjoyable part was that it was full time
Fun Work place
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 23, 2015
Work place is fun and cooperative however standing for longer hours drains out your body pretty quick. Plus the pay wasn't sufficient for the amount of efforts one put into work. A good work place for starters
customer service
customer service/baker (Former Employee), Brandon, MBMarch 23, 2015
This job was awesome because it was always go, go, go and I love that. Always busy. Management and coworkers were awesome.
very nice manager
Customer Service Representative / Cashier (Current Employee), Markham, ONMarch 22, 2015
speed - time management- work under pressure- pay attention to details - team work - customer service - friendly environment - be on time - friendly co-workers
i had a privilege to work at a calm and stress free environment with a great team members and managemnt
Cashier and Team member (Former Employee), woodbine and highway 7March 22, 2015
Pros: place to learn and great co workers, management
Cons: long hours
As a Tim Torton team member i learned a lot about time management and since it is a busy environment it helped to learned several key factors like organization and great customer service skills. It was a great place to work with other team members who helped to learn the key to gain customers. Tim Horton was best place for me to learn the leadership skills, i was in charge to train few new team members. Overall work experience at Tim Horton helped me to learn many skills which it could help me to use in the future Jobs.
Fast paced environment means you're never bored on the job, which is definitely something I liked
Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee), Cambridge,ONMarch 22, 2015
Pros: good job for high school students, flexible hours, lots of locations
Cons: minimum wage, can be demanding, long hours
Pros- Good work experience
- Flexible hours
- Tips
- Easy going co-workers

Cons- Hard labour
-No benefits
-Rude customers
-Poor management
-Understaffed

Hiring an the right number of staff members in order to accommodate company needs.Over-working your employees is really bad and it doesn't make it easy for them to provide good service.
Very fast paced
Supervisor/Customer Service (Former Employee), London, ONMarch 22, 2015
A lot of drama, but when it was busy everyone just pulled together and got things done. the management was great and would go back there if I was ever out of a job.
Fast paced and good learning experience
Team Member (Former Employee), Oakville, OnMarch 21, 2015
Pros: the experience
Cons: long hours
A typical day at work started differently everyday. If it was busy you helped customers, if it wasn't you set to whatever tasks were given to you by the supervisor. Often, certain tasks are time oriented so you did as per the time, without being told. Time management, efficiency and customer communication were the biggest skills learned at that job. My co-workers were generally helpful, polite and good people to be around. Management could sometimes be unreasonable and forgetful that employees have a life outside of work. The hardest part were the occasional extremely busy days (i.e. Christmas, New Years, Canada Day etc.). The most enjoyable part was meeting new people on a daily basis.
tim hortons
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), lakeshore ontarioMarch 21, 2015
worked midnights
kept everything stocked
worked drive thru and front
cleaned
not hard
worked on amy croft
worked with just one co worker who was the baker
A busy place to work
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Fergus, ONMarch 21, 2015
Pros: free coffee and discounts on day old goods.
Cons: the hours.
Serving customers, Cleaning, Food preparation and Garbage detail were the typical work days.

The management was not always available to employees.

My co-workers were cheery and supportive.

I really enjoyed the interaction with the people in my town.
service was constantly busy and you need to serve faster
Food Counter Attendant (Current Employee), Valleyview, ABMarch 20, 2015
Pros: free meals and paid breaks
Cons: understaff most of the time
I'm a food counter attendant in timmys since 2012. It was too busy yet fun. Enjoying every shift despite of the everyday experience we had. Some guests are nice, some also are rude.. It's a matter of enjoying your work. Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. The only way to do great work is to love what you do.

Management sometimes are unfair. Some of them works not that fast as team members do. They just keep on asking to do something, in short they let their team members finish all the works to be done.

The hardest part of the job is when we are short staffed, we do lots of work but we enjoy it. We just take it as a challenge and enjoy every moment for us not to feel tired.
Great Atmosphere
Supervisor (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 19, 2015
Pros: Great customers, staff and management
Cons: Tight quarters to work in
I enjoyed this job very much, enjoyed helping the customers day start of right. I can't say enough out the management at the 130th Ave S.E. store location, as well as the staff, one of the best I have worked for.
Productive and fun workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 19, 2015
Pros: 50% discounts
A typical day at work consisted of punching in at the time that you started, and then taking orders from customers until the time that you are scheduled to leave. Either two 15 minutes or one 30 minute break was given to you if you worked more than 5 hours that shift. I learned how to handle cash given to me by customers and give them their change back in a quick amount of time. I also learned how to correctly handle food due to the Food and Handlers Certificate I had to go and obtain while I worked at Tim Hortons. The management was very friendly. The hardest part of the job was dealing with angry customers, but I still handled them with care. The most enjoyable part of the job was the 50% discounts on everything I wanted to buy.
It was very interesting and busy working there
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Kingston, ONMarch 19, 2015
Pros: approachable management
Cons: i couldn't play roll up the rim
I learned how to work cash there. It was very busy but nothing i couldn't handle. the most enjoyable part of it was meeting all these new people each day.It was complicated at first to get EVERYTHING correct right off but i got use to it .
Work with good people
Team Member (Current Employee), Chatham-Kent, ONMarch 19, 2015
This is a very fast paced, stressful environment, it's not for everyone. I work with good people, have some great repeat guests but this is not a position that I wish to maintain for any length of time. I feel that my skills are not being used to their full potential here.
daily routine activities are good but need to provide time card
Service Crew (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 19, 2015
Pros: free transport and launch
Cons: 5 days a week, long hours but no saturday
Working in different place are fun, I met a lot of friends and i gain more experience. Management are good to me, i got promoted in short period on my work but some of my co- work feel jeoluos (Age Care). The hardest part on my past job is Going up and down on stair and i can't lift heavy thing. I enjoy working with new friends they are freindly, my dedication to my work and my loyalty are my guarantee.
Extremely fast paced job. Never a dull moment.
Counter Attendant (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 19, 2015
This location was very, very busy and you never spent one moment standing around. I loved working like this because I hate not having anything to do at work even though I usually can find something to do during downtime.
Fun workplace
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 17, 2015
I learned things each day I go to work. It was fun, challenging at times but to work with great people was the best. The hardest part of the job was when we were short-staffed. We'd like to provide the best experience to our guest but it's not always achievable. The best part of the day was when we still get satisfied guest and at the end of each tiring day, our team still manages to smile.
Fast past friendly enviorment
baker (Former Employee), Bedford HighwayMarch 16, 2015
I would go in the morning and open store, prepare product for the day. Also I would serve costumers and keep product on shelve for the day.
fun and fast paced
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 16, 2015
Pros: positive team
Cons: working night shift was tough
- freindly service is a must
- must learn quickly
- very well rounded instructors
- service was constantly busy and constantly provided hours

About Tim Hortons

Tim Hortons Inc. is a Canadian fast casual restaurant known for its coffee and doughnuts. It is also Canada's largest fast food – Read more