Tim Hortons Employee Reviews

Found 5,799 reviews matching the search
very poor management
Cashier/Server (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 November 2016
i did not like my managers because there were very quick to pass blame on to me for things i didn't even do. they loved making me do all the manual labor because i was the only guy on the shift, i would often have to go out in -30 degree weather to clean or fetch stock for our outdoor storage while all the girls were inside whining its to cold
Pros
nothing
Cons
unfair treatment
A great place to work at
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 November 2016
As a Tim Hortans employee I learned a lot about how to communicate with different kinds of people.
The management is great and so are the co-workers.
I enjoy every part of my job.
A great team to be a part of
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kenora, ON29 November 2016
I really enjoyed my time working at Tim Hortons. My co-workers, supervisors and bosses were all very friendly, helpful and supportive of anyone who was new and needed help; and this showed in how we worked. During my time there I learned to manage a till, how to interact with co-workers and customers, how to help fix problems that customers have or answer any questions they may ask, how to work better as a part of a team and how to work in stressful situations (e.g. rush hours). The hardest part for me personally was the stress of working in consecutive rush hours. The most enjoyable part was the community and team I was able to be a part of!
Pros
Great place to work in.
Cons
Some co-workers were a little inconsistent with working
Rough
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 November 2016
I work at all shift in some period time. Morning, afternoon, and overnight shift.
The best part of the job is I learn how to be hard worker and being tough in many situation.
Great Job!
Front Cashier (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON29 November 2016
loved the atmosphere the people working there where amazing everything was good expect the travel it was really far from my house which would make it hard to me to get there during some shifts.
Pros
free shifts, lots of hours
Cons
distance
tim hortons
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Revelstoke, BC29 November 2016
Was a super fun and fast place to work. The shift went by fast there was always something to do. The management was always there to offer help in whatever way they could.
Satisfying and enjoyable job
Tim Hortons Team Member (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON29 November 2016
Work was fast paced and enjoyable.
Worked together as a team.
I learned how to deal with all types of different people.
Management worked hard to keep all the employees happy and on track.
The hardest part of the job was being on your feet all day long and dealing with difficult customers.
The best part of the job was being on drive thru when it was incredibly busy. I enjoyed running around, having something to do all of the time.
Pros
Great work atmosphere
Cons
On your feet all day
Productive but difficult at times
Counter Staff (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB29 November 2016
Tim Hortons is full of hard working staf members which create a well balanced restaurant. Co-workers work well together and get the job done fast in the most efficient way.
Pros
One Free hot drink per shift
Cons
Don't book proper hours due to my school times
Mostly fun
Restaurant worker (Former Employee) –  Steinbach, MB28 November 2016
Tim Hortons was surprisingly fun. I still maintain that it is the most challenging job I've ever done. There are so many small details that you have to get exactly right in a fast-paced environment but the staff and management was good and easy to work with. Salary is what you would expect from fast-food but the flexible schedule is perfect for students or anyone looking for part-time work
great workplace. great people
Front Counter Staff (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON28 November 2016
i have been working in tim hortons since september 24th, i love working there i enjoy going to work everyday because they are all a friendly and great people i work with especially the manager.
Pros
Free food
Cons
nothing
Fast-paced workplace providing many hours
I Cashier/Team Member (Current Employee) –  Walkerton, ON28 November 2016
This is a fast-paced work place which would be ideal for the employee who enjoys engaging in customer interactions. There are long hours, but the time goes by quickly.
Pros
50% discount on food
Cons
Not a fun place to work at
Storefront team member (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 November 2016
Constantly have to deal with co workers who are always taking advantage of your hard work and kindness by making us do a task that they've been assigned to do for them. Furthermore, you will have to deal with some nice customers as well some customers who are constantly putting blame on the workers for mistakes we haven't committed, so that way they can get the free way or food for free, as Tim Hortons prioritizes customer satisfaction. I've learned to manage my time at school, work, and home chores efficiently and learned to set my priorities. The hardest part of the job is managing asking requesting for a flexible schedule. There were instances where the manager tried to force me to come to work during a time I have school, even after I've shown her the timetable many times. To be very honest, the job isn't enjoyable at all.
Pros
Safe place to work overall
Cons
The job overall
Productive,fast-paced
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 November 2016
More employees are needed because of busy environment.it was really fun working pver there.meeting new people is experience in itself
Poor benefits
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON27 November 2016
I was surprised when I heard the benefits package was so expensive. Almost not worth looking in to. A good stepping stone job but not a job that you will want to retire with.
Pros
Full time hours
Cons
Poor benefits package
Friendly Environment
Food Handler (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON27 November 2016
I loved working as a food handler, as I worked alongside great people and I benefited from the customer service experience
Pros
Free Donuts
Cons
Night shifts
Stressfull environment to work in.
Head Baker (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS26 November 2016
I loved working as an overnight Baker. Followed Tim Horton's
protocol. The work was long and hard,but rewarding. However,
the owners were very difficult to work with.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
really any breaks
Fun workplace at tims
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS26 November 2016
Long hours not enough pay for what we girls do in a run of a day.

The hardest part of this job is to keep your mouth shut when customers yell throw things at you

You learn to have to deal with stressful situations

Co workers I love like my family

Management is grate at my tims

My tims you got family they treat you good they try
there best to work out shifts for us all.

Best part of the day is when you know your shift is over and you can go home and see my kids
Pros
Tips
Cons
Long hours /less of a pay /on your feet alot
As a Cashier
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON25 November 2016
Give the warmed welcome to the customers during the posting time. Each order gets from customers,more variety. Accordingly, the order packed without any missing items.
extraordeinery work experience
Front desk operator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 November 2016
work in drive thru and handle the sandwich station with seconds in counting.love to interact with lots of people and make them friends and lovely staff. unforgettable experience.
Pros
everything is great
Cons
I good place to work at. Greet Customers and make Customers happy.
Team member (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC25 November 2016
The management and co-worker were amazing. The best part about working there was that when a customer is happy and smiling, it makes my day even better.