Tim Hortons

Tim Hortons Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Producitive
Cashier (Current Employee), Abbotsford, BCJuly 24, 2015
Pros: Teamwork
Cons: Long Hours
fun to work with team members, proper cash handling, learn
to make lots of foods and do a lot of working at the regitier hardest part is short breaks to eat and talk but it is worth it
Fast Pace Work environment with Team Qualities
Overnight/Day Shift - Customer Service (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONJuly 24, 2015
Pros: 10% off food while working, free donuts, timbits, coffee/tea while working
Cons: Drama
- A typical day at work would start off busy, slow down a bit, pick up for lunch and ultimately slow down before you leave. Lots of laughs and jokes with co-workers, no and then confrontations that are dealt with quick. Sometimes fast, sometimes slow.
-Learned how to interact with the public and peers.
-Management is good some places, not so good other places. Depends on the person.
-Co workers are easy to get along with and great to share laughs with.
-Hardest part of the job would be working with difficult customers/management/coworkers.
-Making new frienships with coworkers/customers.
Great environment and Positive team members
caissière (Current Employee), Laval, QCJuly 24, 2015
Pros: Satisfying breaks
Cons: long shifts
Everyone works as a team and everyone does their tasks that needs to be done by the end of their shifts. Satisfying each customers and keeping the place really clean.
Working Full Time
Team Member (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONJuly 21, 2015
As I worked full time at Tim Hortons I was able to be promoted to supervisor. This really allowed me to take on a leadership role with my co-workers and prove my work ethic.
fast paced but fun environment
Customer Service (Former Employee), Sarnia, ONJuly 21, 2015
Pros: quick business
Cons: down time
constantly moving, meeting new people and seeing new ones, loved that my shifts used to fly by because of busy it was. Management was always there to help when it was overwhelmingly busy.
Fun and fast paced workplace
Team Member (Former Employee), Cornwall, ONJuly 19, 2015
Pros: time went by quickly
Cons: occasional slow hours
Tim Hortons is a fun and fast paced place to work. my shifts often by quickly for me and I always had fun with my team. I enjoyed working at Tim Hortons.
Fun workplace with good co-workers
Cashier (Former Employee), Aurora, ONJuly 19, 2015
-Good management/managers
-Fun work culture in terms of multiculturalism
-The hardest part of the job was handling situations with unhappy customers
Overall a good company to work for.
Storefront Hostess (Former Employee), Whitby, ONJuly 18, 2015
Pros: they trust there staff to make good decisions, Allways open for discussion
Cons: Need to hire better and more dedicated staff. So custiomer service does not become a problem.
enjoyed working for this company. They have a excellent training program. Always helpful to staff if there is a problem.
Fast-paced friendly environment with lots of laughs
Counter Staff (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONJuly 18, 2015
A typical day at Tim Horton's consists of a lot of communication with customers and with staff. I am responsible for making sure everything is stocked and that coffee is marked and that all the little tasks are complete. Most importantly I am responsible for making sure customers enjoy they're experience and their coffee/food. This job has definitely helped me with my communication skills as well as problem solving skills. Talking to customers all day and assisting them with any problems they may have has helped increase my skills. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the stress associated with it. Working long hours and dealing with customers who haven't had their morning coffee yet can be very stressful. With that being said, this job is also very rewarding with the stories you get to hear from customers. You get some crazy people, but you also get some great people that instantly brighten up your day.
What I liked about it
Cashier (Former Employee), Ottawa OntarioJuly 17, 2015
Pros: Employment discount
Cons: not alot of help like i said i did mostly everything
It started at 6am-1pm

I learnt customer service

Management was a 4 outta 10

Never worked i did mostly everything

Cash and speed

The pay was good
Typical Morning Shifts at Tim Hortons
Supervisor (Current Employee), Ajax, ONJuly 17, 2015
We are of the busiest Tim Horton's in Ajax. We work in a very fast pace, teamwork environment to achieve the goals we set for ourselves.
We work as a team in order to deliver orders fast and accurately while avoiding any obstacles that are in the way.
I learned from there
Front Desk Agent & baking & delivery too (Current Employee), Midland & steelsJuly 17, 2015
when i was there even i don't know how to survive .
but now i learned every thing such as front working and baking and delivery and inventory .
----
Food Counter Attendant (Current Employee), Peace River, ABJuly 16, 2015
Good learning experience, great team, cooperation, customer satisfaction experience, multi-tasking experience, good entry-level job for experience
Loved working
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee), North Bay, ONJuly 16, 2015
Pros: Close to home at first
Cons: Moved far away from work and didn't have time for school
A typical day at work was easy. I loved all my management staff and co-workers. The hardest part of the job was lifting gallons of java mix and the smoothie bace over my head to get it into the machine.
Good company to start a job as a student to develop costumer service skills.
store front (Former Employee), calgary, albertaJuly 15, 2015
Pros: free lunch, good salary for starters, excellent management
Cons: Busy hours, short staff
Tim Hortons Is a good company to start a job as a student. My managers are great in training and i've worked with helpful and kind co- workers. I have learned management skills and most especially how to handle diversed costumers. the hardest part of the job is to bake donuts and otter food but the fun part is to see regular costumers come and go every day with smiles on their faces.
A day a Timmies
Cashier/ counter staff (Former Employee), Oshawa. OntarioJuly 15, 2015
Pros: staff discount on meals
Cons: short breaks
I worked day shift at Tim Hortons usually starting at 5.30am unless you opened then you started at 5am to prepare the deli for the day, and start making coffee for opening.
It was always a busy day, it was a popular store with lots of regulars. We all worked together as a team,that included the Managers who all worked along side the counter staff.
Along with serving guests we had other jobs such as keeping the washrooms clean, stocking, and garbage needed taken out.
I learned I liked working as part of a team. We were all together, it was like an extended family.
My most enjoyable times was when a customer thanked me for the lovely service I gave them.
Most respectful place to work.
Team Member (Current Employee), Kamloops, BCJuly 15, 2015
Pros: Flexible work schedule, 50% discount on food at shift time.
Cons: None.
Most respectful team members to work with always helpful. Joy to work with such a great team. Never felt pressure or workload. Awesome place to be at work.
productive work place
Customer service (Former Employee), Fenelon Falls, ONJuly 14, 2015
Pros: brake times
Cons: long hours
Fast paced environment, customer service, meeting all customer requirements, having orders ready and serving them to customers with appropriate accuracy. I have learned that becoming a team player in the work place is beneficial, and that at difficult times there is always someone willing to lend a hand. Management was friendly, always kind and helpful in situations that called for them. Co-workers were delightful, hospitable, and willing to help when needed, friendly,and kind. The hardest part of the job was trying to serve costumers as well as doing your posted cleaning choirs that employees where assigned to on a daily basis. The most enjoyable part of the job was serving the customers with their correct orders, and having them leave satisfied.
flexible hours
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 14, 2015
Pros: free coffee and bagel
Tim Hortons is a very great place to work especially with the flexible hours. I am a mother of three but they gave me the opportunity to balance life with my kids school and work.
Fast paced job with lots to do
Cashier/Baker (Former Employee), Quispamsis, NBJuly 13, 2015
it was a ok job, the people where nice and I learned how to work fast and get along with others. the most enjoyable part of the job to me was meeting new people.

About Tim Hortons

Tim Hortons Inc. is a Canadian fast casual restaurant known for its coffee and doughnuts. It is also Canada's largest fast food – Read more