Tim Hortons
2,481 reviews

Tim Hortons Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Awesome Staff and great place to work at
Cashier (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 13, 2014
Pros: lots of prodcuts can be free, like smaller priced products.
Cons: some customers can be hard on you, but don't let that get to you.
Staff is fun to work with, but I feel it's time for me to try and expand my work skills and knoweldge to better my resume.
Demonstrates passionfor guest service and creating exceptional guest experiences
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Calgary,ABJuly 13, 2014
Pros: flexible hours, incentive and recognition programs
-Encourages an exciting and fun work environment while motivating team members to meet goals.
-Have the desire to gain experience to help in the success of career.
-Leads by example to demonstrate that the guest is top priority and reinforces positive hospitaliy behaviours with team members.
worst place ever but had table tennis table
cashier (Former Employee), st. jacobsJuly 11, 2014
Pros: co workers
Cons: everything else
Management was awful, extremely fast paced and stressful environment, constantly yelled at, not paid enough, rude customers, high expectations, night shifts, next to no benefits, unpaid breaks, weren't allowed to call in sick or switch shifts. but... awesome co workers and table tennis table!!!!!!
Typical day at work
Supervisor (Current Employee), Bridgeport WaterlooJuly 11, 2014
I work really hard to provide a great experience for every customer, I will usually train my other team members on new products and events that are taking place, handle money flow, set out duties to be completed, organize paper work, and prepare and handle food.
Some what good, some what bad
Cashier/Server (Former Employee), Richibucto, NBJuly 11, 2014
Pros: free hot chocolate
Cons: co- workers were not friendly
As an employe I didn't feel like one. I felt more like a punching bag to everyone because I was new. At the near of my end, they sent me my schedules in email and never received them until 2 weeks after. As a young employe then i think they had the Impression i didn't want to work there so they had fired me.
Progressive day at Tim Horton's
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee), Whitby, ONJuly 11, 2014
Pros: free donuts and tea
Cons: not enough hours provided
A typical day at work included serving customers in a friendly manner; while keeping the restaurant clean and presentable. Working there, I learned excellent team work skills and how to cope with difficult customers without getting offended. The management was good, but not very organized. I am a flexible person, but an organized work environment is – more... essential for me. My co-workers were amazing, and we got along amazingly. The hardest part of the job was coping with difficult customers and people who come into work not sober. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing satisfied customers and being able to provide them with what they required. – less
what to learn new things at work.i play basketball and airsoft.
Baker (Current Employee), Regina, SKJuly 11, 2014
Pros: free coffee and donuts.
Cons: have a flexible hours to work.
Good Company and people to work with and have great management.
Productive, a very busy place.
Food Service Counter Attendant (Current Employee), fort mcmurrayJuly 10, 2014
Pros: discounts on meals
Cons: too much busy
Multi-tasking in the job, training in every station is a must.
A busy place with great staff
Restaurant Team member (Current Employee), Brooklin, ONJuly 10, 2014
Pros: free donuts, coffee and tea
Cons: the fast-paced environment can be very exhausting
Working as part of a great team towards a common goal: serving customers in an efficient, accurate and friendly manner.
Great staff and management.
Storefront / Customer Service (Former Employee), Paris, ONJuly 10, 2014
Pros: free hot drinks
Cons: no cons
Reasonble hours, friendly staff and customers, great manegement, sometimes subject to rude customers.
great people to work with
Trainer (Current Employee), Palgrave, ONJuly 9, 2014
A typical day at my work is different as we all get moved around and there are different customers and orders
cashier and customer service
Customer Service / Cashier (Former Employee), weston and steelesJuly 9, 2014
Pros: good manager
Cons: too far
I was cashier there and also do the customer service.i maintain the record of temperature sheets.
Easy, Common sense, unpredictable hours, fast, customer service
front of store (Current Employee), Windsor ONJuly 9, 2014
Pros: %50 off when working
Cons: not reliable hours for part-time
at Tim Horton you will need to be good at doing repetitive motions quickly and with the least amount of mistakes, it can be fun but its a minimum wage job so its not the best, and the jobs not for you if you are not patient with people.
Nice coworkers, but small working place
Cashier (Former Employee), Atwater, QCJuly 9, 2014
Pros: free food for break, nice coworkers
Cons: small working place, unstable work hours, underground in the metro, no air conditioner
I was working near the college, so weekdays were extremely busy.
The workplace was very small, you cant even call it a restaurant or a typical Tim Hortons. At the beginning of the work hours, its packed with a lot of coworkers from this shift and the one before.

It was my first time as a cashier and i found it very interesting. having to communicate – more... with the clients and making them smile was one of the best parts.

The management was alright, all the coworkers were doing what they were supposed to do. The people i was working with, was what made the day pass faster and enjoy the day at work.

Hardest part was again the working place, it was very hard to move around, everything would get messy, especially the working clothes we had. With the busy hours we had, it was a mass at the beginning of the working hours (and for a couple more) – less
Busy, fast pace environment
Counter Attendant (Former Employee), Ponoka, ABJuly 8, 2014
Busy envorionment. Constantly on your feet. Exhausted by the end of the day
Exceeds average
Cashier (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 8, 2014
Great company to work with. Can be physically tiring though in total great environment to work with.
Very productive and busy work.
Store Front Cashier (Former Employee), Ottawa OntarioJuly 8, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: very busy
Tim Hortons is not your every day "fast food" restaurant. It's a place that truly cares of every single person that walks in and out of the store. Although it was a fun job, it was extremely busy and always working at 6/7am at a coffee shop, does sadly take a toll on you.
fast paced environment
cashier and baker (Current Employee), Pierrefonds QCJuly 8, 2014
I start my shift at 6am. since it is a fast paced environment, i have to manage my team and make sure that I serve customer efficiently.

I learned how to handle stressful environment, public speaking, customer service and manage my team. I am a great team leader.

I enjoy my work because I get to serve customers efficiently.
great place to work
Hostess (Former Employee), delhi onJuly 8, 2014
tim hortons is faced paced, great employess. everyone knows what the job is to be done. every body works together
Tim hortons
Evening Shift Supervisor/ Team Member (Former Employee), victoria bcJuly 8, 2014
Somewhat stressful due to extreme rushes, awesome coworkers and good atmosphere.

About Tim Hortons

Tim Hortons Inc. is a Canadian fast casual restaurant known for its coffee and doughnuts. It is also Canada's largest fast food – Read more