Tim Hortons Employee Reviews

Found 5,474 reviews matching the search
Good management and working culture
Quality Assurance Technician (Current Employee) –  Ancaster, ONSeptember 25, 2016
Ancaster plant very good team. People work hard every day to bring the best coffee of Canada. Work culture is awesome and one of the nicest people I have work with.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
growth
Positive and Productive
Front End Staff (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 25, 2016
I found working here though in high demand of labour was, fun and productive place to work, organised and very community driven.

I would have preferred more opportunities to advance my career within Tim Hortons though rather than being considered just Front end Staff.
Pros
Free Donuts, Muffins, Cookies
Cons
Jumping shift work and no steady shifts. Was difficult to get on a set scheduel.
Tim hortons
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBSeptember 25, 2016
I enjoyed the fast pace made my day go by fast. The employees and managers were wonderful. I would work at Tim Hortons again I only left due to school.
Pros
discounts while working
Cons
sandwich unit was a little confusing
Decent location, fun workplace and great employees
Tim Hortons Team Member (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, ONSeptember 25, 2016
It is always a great time working at Tim Hortons, the staff are super nice and i always have a good day working. The location is close to my home. I wish I had more hours because I only work on weekends, though.
Pros
Free muffins, timbits on break
Good first job
Cashier and Customer Service (PT) (Current Employee) –  Pincourt, QCSeptember 25, 2016
Honestly, this job was a good first job.
I have met a lot of new people and especially different people to work with. I have worked there for about a year and a half and now there is a new manager and it really sucks. He would yell at everyone for doing their job. It really puts you under pressure when he's just yelling at you. I do get that he must want us to do better, but I don't appreciate being shamed on. Would like a new job.
Pros
Meet new people
Cons
Treated poor
Overalll
Night worker (Former Employee) –  Gatineau, QCSeptember 25, 2016
Working at Tim hortons help me develop lots of different skills such as improving my socializing skills. Improving my endurance skills and my speech skills helped me become more interactive with the public and gave me lots more confidence with my self.Now knowing my capability i feel like there nothing standing in my way and i can be part of any team.
Pros
free food
Fun to work, fast paced
Storefront/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ONSeptember 24, 2016
I enjoy working at Tim Hortons because of its fast paced environment. Also, I'm working with a team who is always supportive and always encouraging other team members to do their best. My supervisor makes great effort to help the new team members who are in the process of learning.

I work mostly in the morning, however, sometimes I have to do on-call shifts and also closing shifts twice a week. That has been a great experience and also beneficial in helping me to learn more each day.
Pros
Free lunch + Tips
Cons
Irregular hours
productive and organized work place
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Mattawa, ONSeptember 23, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to interact and make the customers happy. It was fast paste and enjoyable. I've learned how too properly handle unhappy customers.
Pros
discounts on food
Cons
being on your feet all day
Fun but very tiring but it is still an awesome job.
Cashier/Baker (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, ABSeptember 22, 2016
Its going to be a busy day as soon as tims open. A lot of people ordering coffee and Ice Capp will give you a head start. i learned how to multi task at Tims as they are a very fast paced environment.
Pros
Free hot drinks
Cons
A lot of stuff needs to be done by yourself only.
Good starting job for teens or New Canadians
Team Member/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Canmore, ABSeptember 22, 2016
Fast paced in and out service. Can learn; time management, better English (if not already 1st language) customer service, stress management, and how to smile thru the real feelings. Both locations in Canmore are owned by a wonderful family. The manager at the bow valley trail location personally I consider a great leader. The hardest part of the job is the go-go-go mentality but if your not afraid of a fast pace or want to learn how to work in a fast pace. The most enjoyable part of the job would have to be freshest coffee and freshest donuts!
Pros
Good Hours, Great experience, Great Management
Cons
Hard work, repetitive tasks
Overall a good workplace
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONSeptember 22, 2016
I enjoy working at Tim Hortons, it was an excellent place to work at because of its flexible hours. This made managing school and work very easy. The other employees are also great to work with and the management is just as good.
Organized with many hours available
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BCSeptember 22, 2016
I learned how to multitask and prioritize my work load efficiently and effectively. Kept all stations cleaned and organized while still maintaining good customer service. All co-workers were nice and out-going, made all customers feel welcomed.
Pros
Good benefits. 50% off on food/drinks.
Cons
Very small break area. Favoritism.
Tim Hortons
Store Front (Former Employee) –  Caledonia, ONSeptember 22, 2016
Depends on location, had lots of different groups of people working there, management was decent. A typical day included working fast pace getting coffee ready, baking, and deli.
Fantastic experience, lots of great employees and dedicated and reliable management
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ONSeptember 22, 2016
Overall, I had the best possible work experience at Tim Hortons, management offered lots of advice and I was trained very well, everyone had a great attitude and always supported my ideas and expectations. Other employees were helpful and fun people to work alongside.
Pros
Free lunches, lots of advancement, great workplace
Cons
Lots of turnover in the school year
High pace work place great first job
Cashier (Part-time) and cook (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCSeptember 22, 2016
Good for kids that are up beat and starting their first job , helps if your a people person in the mornings! Easy to learn how to do everything and always somthing to be doing at tims !
Fast paced environment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ONSeptember 21, 2016
Great place to work. Owners are awesome, always there to help when needed. Wages could be better. Constantly on call. Have great customers. Most of the staff are great.
Pros
Great staff for the most part
Cons
Constantly on call, some staff have no motivation
Good place to be
Store Front (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBSeptember 21, 2016
This is good to be at you can get a lot of experience in how to deal with different people. I think food industry is the easiest way to start carreer as. It does not require to have any kind of experience or a very broad skill set
Not getting a raise often enough and having some medical and dental benefits
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BCSeptember 20, 2016
Some pros are having Vacation pay, Christmas parties, long weekend pay, and also my dental and medical are covered. But some cons are that i work during the rush hours, which is at lunch time and they dont give us any raise. They only increase our wage by 25 cents every 1 year.
Pros
Vacation pay
Cons
Not getting a raise often enough
Adaptable environment, and welcoming
Tim Hortons Team Member (Former Employee) –  Welland, ONSeptember 20, 2016
I worked here for a couple months, dealt with customers, handled their orders, did chores. I learned more skills about myself, as well as how to use a cash register. The management wasn't always the greatest. My coworkers were understanding but would bring drama into the work place. The hardest part about my job was accepting judgment if I happen to get an order wrong, and the most enjoyable about working at Tim Hortons would have to be the friendly daily customers.
Pros
A free coffee a day, understanding, tips were good.
Cons
Was listed as a part time worker, but was working full time hours
Hard work little accolades
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Miramichi, NBSeptember 20, 2016
For the most part I enjoy working at Tim Hortons. There are things I find unfair however, I feel like not all rules apply to every employee. This is on a management level of course.
Pros
Free coffee while we are working
Cons
Getting yelled at by customers