Tim Hortons Employee Reviews

Found 7,768 reviews matching the search
fast paced work place, with great staff.
Counter staff (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS25 July 2017
A great place to work if you're looking for a fast paced environment with no down time. the staff is great, and the job is rewarding when you find yourself getting to know the regular customers.
it wasnt to bad of a job. just not for me.
Tim Horton's Cashier (Former Employee) –  Deer Lake, NL25 July 2017
not to bad of a job at all. your day at work was long, but you have learned to socialize with many people, and you learn how to prep drinks and food, and make sure your customers was happy.
High stress job
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Brockville, ON25 July 2017
I've worked for Tim Hortons since 2009 it's a secure job but doesn't pay that well due to be minimum wage flexible schedule for the most part in Management's very easy to deal with when it comes to needing time off for medical reasons (ex appointment)
Great Place to work
Storefront Associate (Part Time) (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON25 July 2017
A typical day was when there was a lots of customers lined up and I took all the customers quickly and I fulfilled their orders as quickly as possible. Tim Horton's workplace culture is good. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping the customers
Tim Hortons
Food Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON25 July 2017
Very multicultural environment. I really enjoyed working for Tim Hortons as I worked there for 5 years while in school. Great customer service experience and flexible hours.
Pros
multicultural
Cons
minimum wage
C'etait correcte
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Longueuil, QC25 July 2017
J'ai pas vraiment aimé ou je travaillais il y avait une manque d'organisation par rapport du gérant et aussi des propriétaires
Cons
Pas de pauses il manque toujours des choses
Environnement de travail agreable
Caissière (Former Employee) –  Gatineau, QC24 July 2017
Mon experience au Tim Horton m'a donner comme acquisition de pouvoir faire plusieurs taches dn mdme temps
good and cooperative
Customer Service Representative and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB24 July 2017
cooperative and friendly to participate in any type of educational and sports &games and work place . good and quick learner .good communication skills .
Pros
hard worker and cooperative
Cons
nothing
Tim Hortons
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Merritt, BC24 July 2017
I was normally on soup and sandwich but would occasionally participate in drive thru and front till. I would make sure that all of the bathrooms were cleaned every hour of my shift, that the lobby was nice and tidy so that it customers would be able to sit in and eat.
I learned how to work in a group setting really well and make it work for everyone involved.
The hardest part of my job was the hours and the pressure we get to make sure that everything is done really fast. Sometimes it can be stressful.
The most enjoyable part of my job was that I made many friends and got along great with the people that I worked with.
Pros
paid breaks
Cons
not very consistent with shifts
great friends and fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AB24 July 2017
the owner was a really cool guy. he made nicknames for team members and he always made them feel good. The most enjoyable part of the job was when someone knew started working there that i knew i got to train them. i felt like a mother bird teaching my young. The hardest part of working there was trying to fit in. a good 80% of workers there where Filipino. They would be talking in their language and it would make everyone else feel left out and a bit angry because we didn't know if they were talking about us or not.
Pros
50% discount on food and drinks under $10
Cons
the managers where a bit rude to the workers, There was a few good ones that actually made the workers feel happy, the rest who I think had to much power and got in due to being a relative of the manager.
Fun, yet hard
Food Counter Attendant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 July 2017
Tim Hortons was my first job ever. I learned what it means to multitask and to be at super top speed. I worked back at Tim Hortons years after (2014-2015) but during night-shift, that's where I learned how to do things alone or accompanied with one person. I learned to deal with strange and dangerous customers. I did not like the location but it was closest to home (walking distance). During the next morning, I enjoyed the staff members, they sometimes come in a little early to lend an extra hand. I enjoyed their company. The hardest part of working here was the switch from working early morning to staying up late at night. Also, the location was surrounded with dangerous types of people. I have witnessed fights in front of me and police enforcements was involved. That would be the scariest and hardest part of my job - my safety.
Pros
Late night shifts, not much customers
Cons
long hours, tiring, safety at risk
To demanding
Baker/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB24 July 2017
Extremely demanding, very high turnover rate.
I did not really enjoy this establishment.
However the staff, and the management instore were really great.
Pros
staff and management
Cons
to demanding
Strong teamwork
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC24 July 2017
A working day looks fine if there is enough staff on the floor.This implies that there is a good management. In addition, even if there are customers not really respectful to the employees, the fact that there are enough employees makes the environment be more friendly. However, if there is a bad management, there can be a lack of teamwork as everyone is stressing and it doesn't bring any good vibe.
Pros
Allow to have tips
Cons
breaks of 30 minutes only
Alright workplace
Store Front (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON24 July 2017
Management was not great, they have threatened my job 2 times in 7 months even though I have done nothing but work hard. The best part of the job is most of my coworkers, and the worst by far, is constantly getting bullied by one of my managers.
Pros
Friendly staff, For the most part
Cons
Do not have good management
busy
BAKER (Former Employee) –  Brighton, ON24 July 2017
I loved being a baker at Tim Hortons but it is a very hard job as you are on the go all day. Management are not really the greatest and needs improvements. Nobody seems to work together and is very stressful.
Pros
baking the goods and meeting customers
Cons
the lack of communication
friendly co-workers
Assistant Baker (Former Employee) –  North York, ON24 July 2017
Actually my only reason for leaving is the owner, she keeps scrambling the place we work and the storage was so far from my workplace then were gonna have a hard time counting supplies specially winter time.
productive
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC24 July 2017
I've learned to become a multitasking person, also able to interact with customers and share fun conversations with them while taking their orders. I've also learned to be able to work with other team members in this working field and being able to communicate with my team members and manager.
Pros
fast worker, multitasking, communications
Cons
not an easy job require a lot overtime hours
tim hortons
Store Front (Former Employee) –  Smithville, ON23 July 2017
great staff, terrible customers, constantly doing something, small town so some people would socialize at counter and get in trouble, do not apply please
Pros
free timbits
Cons
bad customers
Agreable
Caissier (Former Employee) –  Guy concordia22 July 2017
Considère les employés comme des humains. Travail d'équipe tres chaleureuse et lenvironnement accueillant
Pros
Repas gratuit
Cons
Trop de mouvement
stressful and fast paced
Store Front (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON22 July 2017
not too much to say, you make coffee and give it to people with a smile on your face even if your hating every moment of your day. move a lot and have many orders to take minute after minute
Pros
discount
Cons
only two 15 min break for 8 hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tim Hortons. Our community is ready to answer.