Tim Hortons

Tim Hortons Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
typical day on the job
cashier (Former Employee), sault ste marieJuly 27, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: awful treatment
I worked in the deli so my job way preparing all the trays the meat trays, fruit trays and desert trays, I learned how to multi-task very quickly and to pay close attention to details when making these varoius trays
Efficient, effective and Fun place to work
Food Counter Attendant (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Employee appreciation programs/free gift cards
Cons: Cut hours
The team members, supervisors and managers work cohesively in our store. We are able to manage long queues as well as customer concerns while providing the best customer service we can give. Our managers have cross trained some of the members, as a result we are able to fill in certain gaps/positions as the need arises. We work effectively as a team and maintain an open communication with one another.
fun workplace
Service à la clientèle (Current Employee), Kirkland, QCJuly 26, 2015
I really learned to be patient, to listen and to work under pressure. My co-workers were great! We all respected each other and made each workday enjoyable, even on the busiest days.
management
Cashier (Current Employee), Brampton, ONJuly 26, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: Long hours
Fun work place with management.Very helpful.Strong skills.Good customer service.calm environment.Fulffill customer's Expectations.
Productive yet fun atmosphere, co-workers and management
FOH cashier (Former Employee), Glencoe, ONJuly 26, 2015
Pros: food discount, free hot beverages, compassionate management, great co-workers
Cons: no lunch break, Working early morning shifts 4-12
My typical day was between 4-9 hour shifts. I would take customers order through the FOH cash or the drive through head set. I would also prepare beverages and sandwiches, just depending on the shift and who was doing what. My co-workers were great and so were my managers. I loved making coffee and putting a smile on peoples faces, and also enjoyed the discount. The hardest part was dealing with angry customers. Over all, a good job first job for a student.
I have learned a lot while working at Tim Hortons
emploee (Former Employee), Winkler, MBJuly 26, 2015
Pros: free donuts and tim bits
Cons: negative customers or coworkers
I absolutely loved my old job and formed many friendships that I have kept to this day. Deling with customers, who never were satisfied and had a negative attitude was chalnging at times, but everybody has a bad day once in a while
Good hours and only week days
Store front/Baker (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJuly 26, 2015
Manager was a terrible person that included not knowing how to do anything nor did he do anything. My co-workers were hard working and we did a great job together
Great job to get some experience
Supervisor (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONJuly 26, 2015
Pros: Flexible hours
Cons: Hard work with minimal breaks
This is a good job to get some experience but not a career. I have been with Tim Hortons for 8 years and enjoyed my time but looking for a career
got good customer service skills
Supervisor (Former Employee), torontoJuly 26, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: long hours
typical busy day
customers service
most enjoyable- working
hardest part- customers sometimes
management was good, helpful in getting day offs
Missing the job
Storefront Team Member (Former Employee), Woodbridge, ONJuly 24, 2015
Liked working there just got too stressed over speed and school. Not suitable for most but is a nice place to work.Nice people, good management.
Producitive
Cashier (Current Employee), Abbotsford, BCJuly 24, 2015
Pros: Teamwork
Cons: Long Hours
fun to work with team members, proper cash handling, learn
to make lots of foods and do a lot of working at the regitier hardest part is short breaks to eat and talk but it is worth it
Fast Pace Work environment with Team Qualities
Overnight/Day Shift - Customer Service (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONJuly 24, 2015
Pros: 10% off food while working, free donuts, timbits, coffee/tea while working
Cons: Drama
- A typical day at work would start off busy, slow down a bit, pick up for lunch and ultimately slow down before you leave. Lots of laughs and jokes with co-workers, no and then confrontations that are dealt with quick. Sometimes fast, sometimes slow.
-Learned how to interact with the public and peers.
-Management is good some places, not so good other places. Depends on the person.
-Co workers are easy to get along with and great to share laughs with.
-Hardest part of the job would be working with difficult customers/management/coworkers.
-Making new frienships with coworkers/customers.
Great environment and Positive team members
caissière (Current Employee), Laval, QCJuly 24, 2015
Pros: Satisfying breaks
Cons: long shifts
Everyone works as a team and everyone does their tasks that needs to be done by the end of their shifts. Satisfying each customers and keeping the place really clean.
Working Full Time
Team Member (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONJuly 21, 2015
As I worked full time at Tim Hortons I was able to be promoted to supervisor. This really allowed me to take on a leadership role with my co-workers and prove my work ethic.
fast paced but fun environment
Customer Service (Former Employee), Sarnia, ONJuly 21, 2015
Pros: quick business
Cons: down time
constantly moving, meeting new people and seeing new ones, loved that my shifts used to fly by because of busy it was. Management was always there to help when it was overwhelmingly busy.
Fun and fast paced workplace
Team Member (Former Employee), Cornwall, ONJuly 19, 2015
Pros: time went by quickly
Cons: occasional slow hours
Tim Hortons is a fun and fast paced place to work. my shifts often by quickly for me and I always had fun with my team. I enjoyed working at Tim Hortons.
Fun workplace with good co-workers
Cashier (Former Employee), Aurora, ONJuly 19, 2015
-Good management/managers
-Fun work culture in terms of multiculturalism
-The hardest part of the job was handling situations with unhappy customers
Overall a good company to work for.
Storefront Hostess (Former Employee), Whitby, ONJuly 18, 2015
Pros: they trust there staff to make good decisions, Allways open for discussion
Cons: Need to hire better and more dedicated staff. So custiomer service does not become a problem.
enjoyed working for this company. They have a excellent training program. Always helpful to staff if there is a problem.
Fast-paced friendly environment with lots of laughs
Counter Staff (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONJuly 18, 2015
A typical day at Tim Horton's consists of a lot of communication with customers and with staff. I am responsible for making sure everything is stocked and that coffee is marked and that all the little tasks are complete. Most importantly I am responsible for making sure customers enjoy they're experience and their coffee/food. This job has definitely helped me with my communication skills as well as problem solving skills. Talking to customers all day and assisting them with any problems they may have has helped increase my skills. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the stress associated with it. Working long hours and dealing with customers who haven't had their morning coffee yet can be very stressful. With that being said, this job is also very rewarding with the stories you get to hear from customers. You get some crazy people, but you also get some great people that instantly brighten up your day.
What I liked about it
Cashier (Former Employee), Ottawa OntarioJuly 17, 2015
Pros: Employment discount
Cons: not alot of help like i said i did mostly everything
It started at 6am-1pm

I learnt customer service

Management was a 4 outta 10

Never worked i did mostly everything

Cash and speed

The pay was good

1 2 3 4 5

About Tim Hortons

Tim Hortons Inc. is a Canadian fast casual restaurant known for its coffee and doughnuts. It is also Canada's largest fast food – Read more