Tim Hortons Employee Reviews in Canada

Found 5,023 reviews matching the search
Fast paced and fun
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 28, 2016
Tim Hortons is a fast paced environment where you work in a team to ensure the customer receives their order with accuracy and speed.

I enjoy working with all my co-workers, they make the job fun and time fly.

The hardest part of the job is the hours and compensation. The shifts are odd hours and compensation doesn't make up for the disruption in sleep patterns.
Pros
free/ discounted food, fun work environment
Cons
terrible shifts, compensation
Management was inconsiderate
Cashier (Former Employee) –  London, ONJune 28, 2016
I was forced to work 3-11 for seven days straight while attending school. I did not feel like my training was sufficient and when I expressed this with my manager she called the next day and fired me. Co-workers were very friendly and helpful.
Great place to develop communication skills.
Cashier, storefront at Tim Hortons (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJune 27, 2016
A typical day involved, taking orders, cleaning, and preparing food.
I learned that a business takes hard work from all aspects of the company. The management was really professional. There were many great co-workers that helped each other. The hardest part was making sure you are working quickly. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to communicate with customers and create a positive atmosphere in the restaurant.
Pros
Discount on food, meeting new people
Cons
long hours, gets tiring
fun company of workers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sturgeon Falls, ONJune 27, 2016
a good team work experience great manager hardest part is when the customer gives problem and makes the line wait
Pros
great humor
Cons
standing and talk not working
A job that keeps you busy
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKJune 27, 2016
Would recommend to apply as a good first job. For students especially, schedule is easily worked around school. You learn customer service, cash handling, and being able to work in a fast-paced environment.
Pros
good for students, free lunches
Cons
inconvienient hours
It's a fun place to work at.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Pierrefonds, QCJune 27, 2016
I really enjoy working with my team members, they are fun to work with. Since I am the supervisor I have to be in charge, but not every gives me the respect I deserve, which is really hard for me.
Pros
We get a 30% discount during our break time
Cons
We don't get the hours we want
Great Learning opportunity
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABJune 26, 2016
Learn so many different things. working with people all around the country/world. serving hundreds of customers a day, great skills you learn from making coffees all the way to baking fresh goods every morning.
What did you learn
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJune 25, 2016
This was my first Job. I learned alot from This. How to deal with people, How to keep management and co-workers happy with your work had been the main concerns. I learned that only some people try to teach you the things in right way when you are new.
Pros
Got to learn about work environment
Cons
Sometimes not sufficient employees as per work load
Fun place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  St. Thomas, ONJune 25, 2016
Tim Hortons was a fun and fast paced place to work. You were kept busy throughout your shift all while having a good time with co-workers. It's a very friendly establishment.
Fun work place friendly atmosphere
team member (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BCJune 25, 2016
It was great time with co workers, multitasking team work everything
was good. staff was well disciplned and friendly with customers.
Pros
FREE FOOD
Cons
LONG HOURS
okay place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONJune 24, 2016
Good company to work for at times, there were moments where it was good and others when it was bad. greatful for every opportunity bt would not work in this again.
Great place with great staff.
Storefront Team Member (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONJune 23, 2016
I enjoyed working at Tim Hortons, the job was easy- the staff were friendly, and it was a good time being there.
The time went by very quickly in a shift, and our store owners allowed use to eat and drink whatever we would like for lunch, and enjoy free beverages throughout our shift.
You make a lot of great friends within the staff but also the customers, regular customers who you look forward to see come in.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Crazy customers
Chaotic from mid morning to 2 pm but fun at the same time
Tim Hortons Team Member (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 23, 2016
Typical day at work consist of fun or bad days. You may start of your day smoothly or early in the morning, bad luck just wants to play with you. However, I managed to acquire the skill on a fast paced environment. Also, the management is great but some of my co-workers show examples that are not ideal to a costumer. For me, the toughest job is during washroom duty, especially when individuals are inconsiderate of other people. Some scatters toilet papers on the floor, unflushed toilets, and overflowing/clog urinal. In addition, it's hard to clean the washroom area whenever there is someone's dirt because there is no masks, it is very difficult to go inside and inhale.
The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing people happy because you served them according to their wishes. It feels like you're their food guru.
Pros
Free coffees and snacks
Cons
Some of your co-workers or costumers bringing bad vibes
fun and fast pace
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Grand Bay, NBJune 23, 2016
Customers always come first. I would like to keep busy in between serving and perparing food. Cleaning is a big thing for me and i liked to keep everything as clean as i could. Some days were busier then others but it was still pretty busy, you never stop going. You did have your bad days when everyone seemed to be at your back or customers being very difficult but i always tried my best to make everyones life easier and make the public happy. There will always be that one costumer or that one co-worker. But at the end of the day i always went home happy knowing i served the people what they wanted and did it was a big smile. i love my job.
Pros
people you meet and the friends you will make
Cons
difficult costumers
Food counter Attendant
Food Counter SUPERVISOR / Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 23, 2016
I am thankful for this company Tim Hortons because this company gave me and my family a chance to live in Canada.
Easy job but many bad experiences
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCJune 22, 2016
It very busy but the day goes by really fast which is good. It is hard at first but it gets easier after a couple of months.The management is disorganized and blames its employees for things that they should not held responsible for. My co-workers make the job amusing. The customers often mistreat the employees.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
bad customers, no benefits
Rude
Part Time Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 22, 2016
Customers were really rude and hard to deal with as many did not have any manners. Overall i learned to cop with customers more.
Pros
Employess
Cons
customers
is a great job for someone's first job, or part time while going to school
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  New Minas, NSJune 22, 2016
was my very first job, I enjoyed it, but isn't a job for someone who has a family to support, great 1st job for someone in school, or just trying to make a little extra money
Pros
flexible work schedule
Cons
unsure
Review of Tim Hortons
Tim Hortons Team Member (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ONJune 22, 2016
Working at Tim Hortons taught me to work under pressure, complete all tasks swiftly and efficiently and I have learned how to talk to customers, promote combos or deals and I learned to always give my 110% effort every shift. I learned to communicate with everyone on my shift and everyone I worked with I would work well with. This also taught me how to be a leader and take initiative when it's a slow night I was always cleaning, stocking and looking for ways to improve the store.
nothing to say about that job
Baker (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCJune 22, 2016
you are always in a rush. that job is good for students.
i learned how to make some donut and how to satisfy customers who always need more.
all my co worker are nice and every body always smile.
the hardest part of the job is manage the rush for two stores at the same time.