Tim Hortons Employee Reviews

Found 8,176 reviews matching the search
Productive place to work
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON18 September 2017
I enjoyed working there that's why I wanted to move up. I have worked for this company for 6 years and would like to keep going. I like the adversity in all stores.
équipe plaisante et entrainante
Superviseur (Former Employee) –  Saguenay, QC18 September 2017
Superbe de belle équipe,environnement de travail discutable
Great for a first job and learning basic skills that apply to many other jobs
Team Member/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Lower Sackville, NS18 September 2017
Wonderful atmosphere; teaches you how to prioritize tasks; teaches you how to multi task; go-go-go environment; easy to make great friends; full uniform is supplied to you; easy to learn how to become a leader, one of the only entry level jobs where you can make tips
Pros
free uniform, half off on break food, Tips$$
Cons
no discount when you're not working, hard to get recognition for hard work when you're not full time
Opportunities
Cashier/Customer Service/Baker (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 September 2017
Good chance to get experience with customers. Learning to do many different jobs and tasks in the work place. Good opportunity to become a leader and train other employees.
Pros
Free food from showcase
Cons
Beaucoup teop de travail pour se que l on a a faire
Cuisinier (Current Employee) –  Saint-apollinaire, QC18 September 2017
Je travail depuis 5 ans et jai eu une belle accueil mais un teavail teop exigeant pour le chiffre
Pros
Repas gratuit
Cons
Pas de communication
It was tiring but it was fun working with other people.
RESTAURANT SUPERVISOR/TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC18 September 2017
It thought me a lot when it comes to leadership and working with different types of people. The employees worked together as a team and still smile even if they are tired.
Fun workplace with lots of Canadian Culture
Team Member, Tim Hortons (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC18 September 2017
A typical day working at Tim Hortons flies by. Canadians love getting their donuts and Ice Capps daily. It is a very fast paced environment and multitasking is defiantly an asset for this job. I learned how to manage time more wisely such as doing many different tasks at a time like serving customers and cleaning the store. On the other hand, management is a bit disorganized and it can get frustrating having many permanent managers, but it is something you get used to. The hardest part of the job is trying to find a compromise with angry costumers but theres always a solution to every problem. Although, I did enjoy the regulars that came in every single day, at the exact same time to get their usual.
Benefits
Cons
Productive and fun hard work place
Team Member/Cashier (full time) (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON17 September 2017
Overall good workplace, pay isnt so good, many things wrong with my location but the people i work with are awesome. I would not recomend tim hortons as someones first job
Fun environment, Rough management
Tim Hortons Team Member (Current Employee) –  Aylmer, QC17 September 2017
Had an opportunity to work at Tim Hortons in Aylmer Quebec and did not enjoy my experience. The management is unbearable and harsh at times. Much of the work is tough but my co workers were amazing. Be careful.
Productive and fun workplace with friendly teammates
Counter Help (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON17 September 2017
I loved working at Tim Hortons. My co-workers were amazing and easy to get along with and my customers (especially the regulars) were the best. I always looked forward to seeing them every day. If someone didn't come in (that normally came in daily) I always asked their friends if they were alright.
Pros
half off lunches
Cons
Can't think of anything worth mentioning.
amazing environment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  North York, ON17 September 2017
Sales and Customer Service experience
High expertise in marketing and promotion
Excellent knowledge of retail sales practices
learned alot and enjoyed at my best good team work understanding environment
Productive and enjoyable
(Cashier) and Baker (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB17 September 2017
Going to work every day was fun, knowing that I would be in a place where my coworkers were friendly and always had something to laugh about. The customers were almost always happy but some of them had their bad days but my team and I would always manage to put a smile on their faces.
Pros
Serving customers, friendly coworkers
Cons
Some nights can be slow
Nice workplace with friendly staff
Tim Hortons Team Member (Former Employee) –  Prince Rupert, BC17 September 2017
I enjoyed working overall, understanding management, and friendly staff. Friendly environment with usual customers. Good understanding training staff.
Pros
25% discount
Cons
Only a 30 minute break
Unsatisfied.
Food and Beverage Server (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB17 September 2017
Poor experience with other staff members. They lack respect, however management does not do anything to help. Overall, not happy. Also, management never listens to the hours I want, therefore not receiving the hours I need.
Cons
terrible hours
typical day
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON16 September 2017
review all of my inventory and balance the accounts on a day to day basis and over all ordering of products, and scheduling my staff, also provide great leadership and enforce a happy work environment.
Pros
free
Cons
extra hours
Diversity in a Balance
Food and Beverages Attendant (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB15 September 2017
Is a place to connect with different culture of team members if you are foreigners. Learning to handling in each situation with your co-workers. Always share laughter and smiles.
Pros
50% off meals
Cons
Crowded Customers
Simple easy going work environment
Storefront / baker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 September 2017
Enjoyed working at Tim Hortons. It has it up days and down days. I would not concider going back thou. As there is just way too much then what it use too be.
Entry level job that teaches abundant and important skills for later jobs.
Server (Former Employee) –  Cranbrook, BC15 September 2017
A typical day at "Timmie's" is dependent on how an individual handles themselves in this extremely fast-paced environment. I learned enough about the working world through this position that after six months I was sufficiently prepared to jump into other opportunities. Management and scheduling was sufficient, but purely competition based. The hardest part of the job is managing yourself properly. I will say fast-food workers deserve far, far more respect than they are given for their efforts behind the counter.
Pros
Entry level job
Cons
Doesn't improve working skills considerably
fun
Tim Hortons Team Member (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC15 September 2017
i worked at Tim hortons fulltime for a year, my coworkers were always so kind to me and the managers were understanding, hours were good, enough to make a living
Pros
discounts
Poor
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON15 September 2017
Good training, Management wasn't too great, had to take a personal week off due to a medical concern and I never heard from my job again, hard to tell if I quit or got fired from the zero communication

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tim Hortons. Our community is ready to answer.