Tim Hortons
3,587 reviews

Tim Hortons Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great place to work if you like interacting with a lot of different people or forming a platonic employee/customer relationship.
Storefront Team Member (Current Employee), Richmond Hill, ONMay 27, 2015
Pros: Free food items when working.
Cons: Non-negotiable hours
I like working at Tim Horton's, it a great place to work and I absolutely love it! When you step into the work area you're immediately on your feet taking/making orders. Since Tim Horton's is so popular it's really busy. I learned a lot about coffee, how the food is prepared and made, and how to treat people. My co workers are all really friendly and I always feel welcome to work with them and they make working with them for long hours totally worth it. The hardest part of the job is being able to maintain speed and efficiency. Overtime you get better but since I'm still fairly new, I'm still getting used to it. But that is just a skill that I have been greatly improving on! The most enjoyable part is just talking to customers, and making their orders and just having fun while working, and that's the great part about working at Tim Horton's; you have fun!
Busy
Customer Service (Current Employee), Wingham, OntarioMay 27, 2015
Cons: Not guaranteed hours, hours were all over the place
This wasn't a too bad of a place to work. Downside was that your hours were all over the place, one week you got lot's of hours, next week you only work on the weekend. One big thing you learn about working here was interacting with people you didn't know.
Productive workplace with great coworkers
BAKER (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBMay 27, 2015
Cons: Exhausting
Working here is a great entrance into the customer service field. However it drains you emotionally, mentally, and physically. It is very physically demanding, high pace, and high stress. Working with the majority of the coworkers I did was the best part of it.
Fun workplace
Front Liner (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 27, 2015
Pros: free foods
The first thing I learn here is how to have a strong team work for us to make our work easier. I have fun learning and making a coffee/cold drinks and making sandwiches. I also learned here how to communicate properly with customer.
productive
Full time cashier (Former Employee), Ponoka, ABMay 26, 2015
Pros: free coffee and doughnuts
Cons: never a steady rotation
From the moment you clock in, it go go go. time flies by fast when you work a fast pace job like this one. It can get a little stressful at times but with good team work and communications it can be a breeze.
It was always a prodictive day.
store front (Former Employee), ottawaMay 26, 2015
Pros: discount for lunches.
Cons: Good hours
- starting at 5 am and finished at 1 pm.learning to be patient with what the day may bring,we got all got along as a team,the owners are good people to work with.i enjoyed the time i spent there.
great place to work if you can handle fast paced
storefront (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONMay 26, 2015
Pros: free food and TIPS!!!
Cons: managment is non sympathetic and plays favorites
it was fun, I had full time hours, loved my co workers, but my manager treated me very unfairly when encountering me after a problem she had with me.
Productive and Clean environment
Cashier/Baker (Former Employee), St. Marys, ONMay 25, 2015
Pros: Free lunch, Meet new people
Cons: Short breaks, Angry Customers
A typical day at work would be having my full uniform on such as dress pants, button shirt, visor, and black shoes. I would go outfront and either go to the till, food, or drive-thru. At the till I would greet everyone with a smile and ask what I could get for them, then proceed to make their order correctly and fast, and serve it to them with a smile. If I was on food, I had to make the proper builds for each food item and be fast, and serve it to the customer with a smile. Drive-thru, I got to make the hot drinks and make sure to keep fresh coffee every 20 minutes to make sure customers were getting their perfect coffee. I learned how to work in customer service, and how to multi-task and be fast. The co-workers were great, always helping and teaching me new things. The hardest part of the job would be making sure to keep the times fast on drive-thru because some customers would come to the window with a complaint, or order something else which we would have to make fast to keep up with good times. The most enjoyable part was making customers smile, and seeing them come back, and getting to know customers really well and having them happy.
Fast food with a smile
Store Front Employee (Former Employee), London, ONMay 25, 2015
Fast paced environment, had to be ready to work. Need to be attentive because you will always have something to do. You need to be polite and if you are having a bad day you can't show it. Customer will complain and you need to serve them with a smile. Very good for giving time off.
Fun work environment with good feedback from customers
Counter Staff (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONMay 25, 2015
Pros: Free coffee!
Cons: Low pay and poor benefits. Poor incentives to perform better.
Busy fast paced work environment. A great place for people who are able to work as part of a team. Great customers who always show appreciation for good service and a smile. Many regular customers who know staff by name and care about them on a personal/professional level. This is reciprocated by staff!
The hardest part of the job is occasionally having to deal with irate customers. Most issues are easily resolved, but you can't please everyone! Always feels good when you can make someone's day because you got it right or just because you were there to give them a smile.
Fast paced and demanding job.
Team Member (Former Employee), Courtice, ONMay 25, 2015
A day can always go one of two ways, slow or fast. Generally, the work days are fast paced because of the customer flow. You are assigned duties for the day and are expected to follow them, unless assigned by your superior. There are many things efficiency wise that you learn due to the need and want to complete things fast. Management at my location was not the best, but they kept the store running. The job can be stressful due to the constant fast pace work, but the interaction with customers made it enjoyable.
PRODUCTIVE AND NICE WORKPLACE
Storefront Team Member (Current Employee), Red Deer, ABMay 25, 2015
I AM LEARNING A LOTS OF NEW THINGS. WORK TEAM CAN ADOPT OTHER RACES AND CULTURAL. MANAGEMENT TEAM ARE DEPENDABLE. PRETTY MUCH FRESH START TO THE COUNTRY WHERE I AM MIGRATING
we often get together and have lunch with empoyees
guest services coffee maker order taker (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMay 24, 2015
Pros: % 50 off what ever we eat
My typical day at work always happy since my nature says so . I keep smiling and greeting the guess. what I learned? since I'm in this field I learned how to treat the people in positive way long time ago I'm satisfied with management and happy. my co workers chosen so they are great they all well trained and well mannered I have no hard part of the work the most enjoyable part of work is been in store front and greeting the guess
welcoming and comforting work enviorment
Baker (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMay 24, 2015
Pros: fun enviormant, Great staff and management
Cons: Not much room for advancement, not much pay for the work
Tim Hortons has been a great place to work the environment has been very comforting and the staff are amazing I've really felt part of a team there. Management is always looking to push you to grow which I feel is important.
Good sense of team work
Supervisor/Cashier (Current Employee), Longueuil QuebecMay 24, 2015
Go to work and serving people. Make sure everyone is doing their job.
I learned that with team work, the job gets much easier. The hardest part of the job is re-stocking. The most enjoyable part of the job is good communication.
Multiple positions available
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee), Kamloops, BCMay 24, 2015
Tim hortons was a great company to work for especially because they had so many different positions available, which helped to suit each individual to what they enjoyed most, from making coffee, to making sandwiches and soups, baking positions and potential to grow in the company in a management or supervisor position.
very fast and not fun
Manager (Former Employee), south side edmontonMay 24, 2015
Pros: like the company
Cons: hated the bosses
From 6 to 10 in the morning its not fun . you cant talk or interact with people or even customers. you are pushed to get your customers in and out 25 seconds or the owners wants to know why . i have learned that i dont want to treat people like that.The last owners were not very nice to work for the verberly abused the staff. The co-workers were the best people i have worked with and sometime felt sorry for the and the way the were treated.
don't work at Tim Hortons
Baker and Customer Service (Former Employee), Sarnia, ONMay 24, 2015
Pros: mininal training
Cons: worst training
if your new person get started at any Tim Hortons they will give you mininal training in your life.l got started at nights l don't where to started..l had only work at nights l never got afternoon shaft at all.l only couple times is day shaft l only got.l still need more training if someone is willing take me on
Stressful...
SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 23, 2015
It all depends on the owner of that franchise. The owners make the business, good, bad or horrible to work for. Each day is different, and can be exciting or stressful. Tim Hortons can be a fun place to work part-time. But i wouldn't recommend it to anyone.
Fun workplace
Food Counter Attendant (Current Employee), Lloydminster, ABMay 22, 2015
More on physical / hands on work. everyone moves fast. We gotta be fast but can't have our products suffer. I learned a lot of stuff from day to day work. We have a nice and supportive boss, good management staff and friendly co-workers.

1 2 3 4 5

About Tim Hortons

Tim Hortons Inc. is a Canadian fast casual restaurant known for its coffee and doughnuts. It is also Canada's largest fast food – Read more