Tim Hortons Employee Reviews

Found 5,441 reviews matching the search
productive and organized work place
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Mattawa, ONSeptember 23, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to interact and make the customers happy. It was fast paste and enjoyable. I've learned how too properly handle unhappy customers.
Pros
discounts on food
Cons
being on your feet all day
Fun but very tiring but it is still an awesome job.
Cashier/Baker (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, ABSeptember 22, 2016
Its going to be a busy day as soon as tims open. A lot of people ordering coffee and Ice Capp will give you a head start. i learned how to multi task at Tims as they are a very fast paced environment.
Pros
Free hot drinks
Cons
A lot of stuff needs to be done by yourself only.
Good starting job for teens or New Canadians
Team Member/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Canmore, ABSeptember 22, 2016
Fast paced in and out service. Can learn; time management, better English (if not already 1st language) customer service, stress management, and how to smile thru the real feelings. Both locations in Canmore are owned by a wonderful family. The manager at the bow valley trail location personally I consider a great leader. The hardest part of the job is the go-go-go mentality but if your not afraid of a fast pace or want to learn how to work in a fast pace. The most enjoyable part of the job would have to be freshest coffee and freshest donuts!
Pros
Good Hours, Great experience, Great Management
Cons
Hard work, repetitive tasks
Overall a good workplace
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONSeptember 22, 2016
I enjoy working at Tim Hortons, it was an excellent place to work at because of its flexible hours. This made managing school and work very easy. The other employees are also great to work with and the management is just as good.
Organized with many hours available
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BCSeptember 22, 2016
I learned how to multitask and prioritize my work load efficiently and effectively. Kept all stations cleaned and organized while still maintaining good customer service. All co-workers were nice and out-going, made all customers feel welcomed.
Pros
Good benefits. 50% off on food/drinks.
Cons
Very small break area. Favoritism.
Tim Hortons
Store Front (Former Employee) –  Caledonia, ONSeptember 22, 2016
Depends on location, had lots of different groups of people working there, management was decent. A typical day included working fast pace getting coffee ready, baking, and deli.
Fantastic experience, lots of great employees and dedicated and reliable management
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ONSeptember 22, 2016
Overall, I had the best possible work experience at Tim Hortons, management offered lots of advice and I was trained very well, everyone had a great attitude and always supported my ideas and expectations. Other employees were helpful and fun people to work alongside.
Pros
Free lunches, lots of advancement, great workplace
Cons
Lots of turnover in the school year
High pace work place great first job
Cashier (Part-time) and cook (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCSeptember 22, 2016
Good for kids that are up beat and starting their first job , helps if your a people person in the mornings! Easy to learn how to do everything and always somthing to be doing at tims !
Fast paced environment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ONSeptember 21, 2016
Great place to work. Owners are awesome, always there to help when needed. Wages could be better. Constantly on call. Have great customers. Most of the staff are great.
Pros
Great staff for the most part
Cons
Constantly on call, some staff have no motivation
Good place to be
Store Front (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBSeptember 21, 2016
This is good to be at you can get a lot of experience in how to deal with different people. I think food industry is the easiest way to start carreer as. It does not require to have any kind of experience or a very broad skill set
Not getting a raise often enough and having some medical and dental benefits
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BCSeptember 20, 2016
Some pros are having Vacation pay, Christmas parties, long weekend pay, and also my dental and medical are covered. But some cons are that i work during the rush hours, which is at lunch time and they dont give us any raise. They only increase our wage by 25 cents every 1 year.
Pros
Vacation pay
Cons
Not getting a raise often enough
Adaptable environment, and welcoming
Tim Hortons Team Member (Former Employee) –  Welland, ONSeptember 20, 2016
I worked here for a couple months, dealt with customers, handled their orders, did chores. I learned more skills about myself, as well as how to use a cash register. The management wasn't always the greatest. My coworkers were understanding but would bring drama into the work place. The hardest part about my job was accepting judgment if I happen to get an order wrong, and the most enjoyable about working at Tim Hortons would have to be the friendly daily customers.
Pros
A free coffee a day, understanding, tips were good.
Cons
Was listed as a part time worker, but was working full time hours
Hard work little accolades
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Miramichi, NBSeptember 20, 2016
For the most part I enjoy working at Tim Hortons. There are things I find unfair however, I feel like not all rules apply to every employee. This is on a management level of course.
Pros
Free coffee while we are working
Cons
Getting yelled at by customers
Productive & high pace workplace
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Stouffville, ONSeptember 20, 2016
Everyday had a lot of orders & created a busy environment that rarely slowed down. In the slower hours of shifts, restocking and cleaning occurred. The 50% employee discount was very nice but could only be used during or directly after shifts.
Too much stress for too little pay
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONSeptember 20, 2016
Not a great work environment. Too many kids. Too much drama. Staff grossly overworked and under appreciated. Always seems to be understaffed.
Good place with good people
Baker (Former Employee) –  Stratford, ONSeptember 20, 2016
A simple place to work where problems are solved quickly. The people are all really nice, and do their best to help you fit into a new workplace. Easy to adapt to.
Pros
Food discounts, friendly team
Cons
A lot of multitasking
Great people
Store Front (Current Employee) –  Mission, BCSeptember 19, 2016
The co-workers are amazing but the management is lacking. Very stressful work environment. hard part of the job is very little training, enjoyable is the co-workers.
Pros
Free tea, coffee, donuts, and medical benefits.
Cons
Not flexible with scheduling.
Good job for a starter
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ONSeptember 19, 2016
It was a job that takes 75% common sense. It was easy as long as you could multitask and work under pressure. The coworkers were good, if you're fulltime you spend so much time together that it's like a mini-family once you're there for a certain amount of time.
Productive, co-operative, and positive work environment
Cashier/Barista/Store-Front (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONSeptember 19, 2016
A typical day within the workplace involves assisting employees with the ability to serve customers in a rapid, accurate, and hospitalizing manner in order to ensure that the employees and customers are satisfied with their experience within the location. In the process, Management appears to be extremely flexible with their employees' schedule. Finally, I had managed to learn numerous methods towards fulfilling roles in an independent manner, identical to a leader, rather than remaining dependent on supervisors to request my person to complete a task.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Lack of disciplinary action towards employees that repeatidly cancel shifts at the last minute
good for students because of the flexible hours
Service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Quebec City, QCSeptember 19, 2016
Working at Tim Horton is good for students because they give flexible hours. We prepared coffees and food. We had to clean the place and do some other chores related to the job. The hardest part of the job was waking up at 5 am. I learned to be fast and productive. I also learned how to manage stressful situations and to cooperate with my co-workers. The most enjoyable part of the job is that we get to enjoy free coffee and donuts.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
standing on our feet for 8 hours