Tim Hortons Employee Reviews

Found 7,021 reviews matching the search
Looks good on resumes having fast food work expirence
Store Front (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB29 April 2017
This was a great first job with consistent hours and friendly co workers that made the job a lot more enjoyable! But always being short on staff and being expected to run drive thru by myself on evening shifts felt too much.. very stressful at times of rushes and one customer can drop your mood so fast. It was great having a years of work expirence that taught me a lot of life skills that I'll never forget!
Pros
Payed breaks, friendly people, nice customers, forget about the time
Cons
Always short staff, discounts only when working, low paying for the amount of labour, very stressful at times, quite a few rude customers that can drop your mood
Loved the customer interaction, and the ability to meet, and work with new people.
Manager /Cashier (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON29 April 2017
Enjoyed being able to apply my skills as a manager, putting aces in their places for a productive shift. I learned how to properly and productively run a business, with purchasing, inventory, and staffing. The opportunities to hire, train, guide staff, and the responsibility of day to day management duties, has set me for life in my future career opportunities. What I enjoyed most about my Managment position at Tim Hortons, was firstly the opportunity to work with, and guide my fellow team mates, and provide exceptional customer service. I enjoyed the day to day challenges I was presented with, to keep me continually learning.
Benefits
Cons
Staffing issues
Productive, fun work as a Baker, and my co wokers
Food Counter Attendant/ Baker (Former Employee) –  Olds, AB28 April 2017
My typical work is taking the order from the customer, sometimes I assigned in a Soup and Sandwiches, preparing their orders, and also can do Order taker in Drive thru. Also I assigned as a Baker to preparing the baked goods, soups and other ingredients, for the sandwiches. Cleaning and refill the stocks. I love the workplace , and I enjoyed to work even its a tiring and busy place. The hardest part of my job, sometimes you may encounter a person a rude, but on my job I need my long patience, my customer service and still giving a good services for them so that they will satisfied to our Good Service. And also if when I assigned as Baker I stayed inside the freezer for more than an hour just to prepared the baked goods. And my most enjoyable part of the job is to meet other people and they are kind and friendly. And also I enjoyed to work with my co workers, and we have a team, we help each others and giving an ideas how to improved our Services.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
It is my part time job and i learned alot from this job
Customer Representative (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 April 2017
This is my first job in Canada as i came on study permit as a international student i work as part timer most of the time i worked full time in my vacation. This job help me a lot and increase my confidence and improve my communication skills. i learned a lot of things from this job and i love to meet with people.
Pros
Discount to employees
Productive place to work
Maintenance Worker (Current Employee) –  Ontario28 April 2017
Company takes good care of the employees. Great point system to get gift cards, Bose radio, patio heaters etc. Points from attending meetings, being safe etc.
Pros
Free stuff, towels, ipods, gift cards.
Cons
Vacation time takes long time to get.
enjoyed it
Storefront Team Member (Former Employee) –  vallleyview28 April 2017
Was a delightful will be coming back soon love the service and environment needs better bathrooms and the manager was great with the comments that I said there
used to be good place to work now everything is just pushed through the day no longer team work
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  storefront cashier cleaner etc.27 April 2017
Pay has been ok as second household income.on your feet all day.past year has been extreme stress not worth the minimum pay any longer.too many expectations for only me working in the store front as everyone is too interested in keeping times in drive thru due to head office expectations.
Cons
Tim Hortons should be working as part of a team but this is no longer the case at this loction
fun workplace environment
store front clerk (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 April 2017
depending on who you are working with, the workplace can be fun if you are working with people you get along with. i have learnt a lot from Tim Horton especially dealing with unhappy customers.
Good but busy
Trainer (Current Employee) –  Okotoks, AB27 April 2017
It is a very fast paced job that allows you to develop people skills and efficiency. The people are mostly all nice but the hours can get a bit ridiculous sometimes when a large amount of new employees are hired I find myself there almost every day.
Not bad, depends on location.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bainsville, ON27 April 2017
Typical employee- client job. Could be a nice work environment, depends on the location of the Tim Hortons. And some Tim's branches are owned by other corporations-watch out for those.
Baker & Cashier
Baker/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Whitney Pier, NS27 April 2017
My job at Tim Hortons was to bake all food products (i.e: donuts, cookies, bagels, breakfast). I would serve customers their food & beverages and clean the kitchen and front store. I enjoyed making people happy and being a part of the best Tims team on the island.
Pros
all the coffee I could drink
Cons
backshift
Productive and Fun workplace
Associate (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON27 April 2017
Great workplace with good manager. Hard work required. Lots of amazing employees. Very happy and fun workplace. Lots of cleaning required. Drink stations are fun.
Awesome place to work
Cashier/Baker (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON27 April 2017
Employees are treated great, there is room for job advancement, training is beneficial and easy to grasp.Staff is welcoming and friendly. great benefits and flexible hours .
Pros
LGBTQ+ friendly
Cons
grumpy customers
productive and fast paced
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ponoka, AB27 April 2017
competitive wages and hours, horrible bosses with indirect orders. but overall a decent place to work. I just really didn't enjoy getting multiple orders by multiple bosses, it makes thing frustrating.
Pros
2 15 minute breaks and a half hour lunch
Cons
very unconsistent workers and short scheduling
Baker
Baker (Former Employee) –  Langdon, AB27 April 2017
A great job for students. The night shift was the best as you are able to get more work done without interruptions. The staff was very friendly and helpful.
Bad owner
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Smiths Falls, ON27 April 2017
The owner made work very hard, she always short staffed us and things would break and they would go months without being fixed which made things really difficult
Pros
some really nice people to work with sometimes
Cons
owner
My Experience
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON27 April 2017
Overall I loved working at the Tim Horton's that i was working at and I do miss my co-workers but I had a bad manager. Other then that experience with a bad manager i still liked working at Tim Hortons.
Pros
Experience in fast pace working area
Cons
Rude Customers and Rude Manager
Great place as a starter job
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON27 April 2017
The job is a great starter job for high school students looking to make some money. The job has very flexible hours which is great for busy high school students with homework and extra curricular activities.
costumer service
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON27 April 2017
working in a faster pace environment
learning how to work a cash register
taking feedback from the costumers
working with all different cultures and generations
positive team environment
Pros
discounts on products and free beverages
Cons
not enough space
Experience at workplace
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC26 April 2017
Working at Tim Horton is indeed a good experience as we have a deliver a good customer service, we try to improve better and better in order to maintain our customers' expectation. Tim Horton culture is to satisfy customer's satisfaction, as our guests are the main priority.
Being in management team, i learnt how to manage the floor so that we can work together as a best team. and also since we always have big rush, i have to be multi-tasked and work under pressure.
Pros
It improves my experience in customer services.
Cons
Under-staffing- it causes an issue during peak hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tim Hortons. Our community is ready to answer.