Tim Hortons Employee Reviews in Canada

Found 5,031 reviews matching the search
Great first Job
Cashier and Barista (Former Employee) –  Langley, BCJune 29, 2016
Tim Hortons was a great fist job as it taught me to be responsible, flexible and learn to multitask! I would recommend it to anyone.
Underappreciated
Wyandotte St. W. - Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONJune 29, 2016
While working with my employees was both professional and captivating, I felt underappreciated by management. There was no ability to move up in the company, though I tried to go above and beyond expectations on a consistent basis. I also felt that the tasks they placed on me, while I was totally successful in them, I was also being extremely underpaid, only making twenty cents more than my employees, to do more than double the job.
Worked all the time with no recognition or appreciation for doing managements job.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONJune 29, 2016
Typical night at work was 5-1130pm (usually), most nights at the very minimum 2 staff members would call in "sick", therefore leaving me to cover their shifts as well as go from 4 staff to 2. I learned that I can run a Tim Hortons on my own as management did absolutely nothing. My co-workers (if you can call them that) were between the ages of 15-18 for the majority and of course they have no idea what work ethic even is, so they would regularly not even show up with no consequences of course. The hardest part of my job was balancing doing everything to keep store running at the closest normal of pace possible. The most enjoyable part of the job was payday, and if I was lucky enough to get 1/7 days off, I got to catch up on sleep....all day.
Pros
Cons
Healthcode violations galore, think drinking mouldy ice caps if you will.
My team
Costumer Service (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 28, 2016
The whole Tim Hortons team was very accepting and funny. They are good people and helped me a lot during my time working at tim hortons.
Playing table tennis as part of Fun Break.
FOOD COUNTER ATTENDANT (Current Employee) –  Lloydminster, SKJune 28, 2016
Playing Table tennis increases workplace environment productivity.
Its fun meeting some people in different department, sharing laughter and joy to everyone.
It also increases concentration & stimulates brain function.
Less distractions in times of sitting in front of computers, phone calls, emails, etc.
People interactions really a big help by putting a social knowledge base in place to share ideas, answers and concerns.
Company and individuals have saved hours each week by providing more efficient access t shared information.
Its the most enjoyable moment during this table tennis break.
Specially if you really a big fan of tennis sport.
You always waits this moments like this is the only way that you can bit the score of your Boss..
Pros
it can include things like; exercising, brainstorming.
Cons
Extend your time
never a dull moment
Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJune 28, 2016
challenging and chaotic. easy enough if people do their parts no emotions attached. focus on the goal. minimize cry babies and sob stories.
Great atmosphere
Baker (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONJune 28, 2016
It was wonderful to work at London Life, the job kept me busy and challenged my skills. Hope to do that again someday.The manager was very easy but firm to get along with
Fast paced and fun
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 28, 2016
Tim Hortons is a fast paced environment where you work in a team to ensure the customer receives their order with accuracy and speed.

I enjoy working with all my co-workers, they make the job fun and time fly.

The hardest part of the job is the hours and compensation. The shifts are odd hours and compensation doesn't make up for the disruption in sleep patterns.
Pros
free/ discounted food, fun work environment
Cons
terrible shifts, compensation
Management was inconsiderate
Cashier (Former Employee) –  London, ONJune 28, 2016
I was forced to work 3-11 for seven days straight while attending school. I did not feel like my training was sufficient and when I expressed this with my manager she called the next day and fired me. Co-workers were very friendly and helpful.
Great place to develop communication skills.
Cashier, storefront at Tim Hortons (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJune 27, 2016
A typical day involved, taking orders, cleaning, and preparing food.
I learned that a business takes hard work from all aspects of the company. The management was really professional. There were many great co-workers that helped each other. The hardest part was making sure you are working quickly. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to communicate with customers and create a positive atmosphere in the restaurant.
Pros
Discount on food, meeting new people
Cons
long hours, gets tiring
fun company of workers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sturgeon Falls, ONJune 27, 2016
a good team work experience great manager hardest part is when the customer gives problem and makes the line wait
Pros
great humor
Cons
standing and talk not working
A job that keeps you busy
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKJune 27, 2016
Would recommend to apply as a good first job. For students especially, schedule is easily worked around school. You learn customer service, cash handling, and being able to work in a fast-paced environment.
Pros
good for students, free lunches
Cons
inconvienient hours
It's a fun place to work at.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Pierrefonds, QCJune 27, 2016
I really enjoy working with my team members, they are fun to work with. Since I am the supervisor I have to be in charge, but not every gives me the respect I deserve, which is really hard for me.
Pros
We get a 30% discount during our break time
Cons
We don't get the hours we want
Great Learning opportunity
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABJune 26, 2016
Learn so many different things. working with people all around the country/world. serving hundreds of customers a day, great skills you learn from making coffees all the way to baking fresh goods every morning.
What did you learn
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJune 25, 2016
This was my first Job. I learned alot from This. How to deal with people, How to keep management and co-workers happy with your work had been the main concerns. I learned that only some people try to teach you the things in right way when you are new.
Pros
Got to learn about work environment
Cons
Sometimes not sufficient employees as per work load
Fun place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  St. Thomas, ONJune 25, 2016
Tim Hortons was a fun and fast paced place to work. You were kept busy throughout your shift all while having a good time with co-workers. It's a very friendly establishment.
Fun work place friendly atmosphere
team member (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BCJune 25, 2016
It was great time with co workers, multitasking team work everything
was good. staff was well disciplned and friendly with customers.
Pros
FREE FOOD
Cons
LONG HOURS
okay place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONJune 24, 2016
Good company to work for at times, there were moments where it was good and others when it was bad. greatful for every opportunity bt would not work in this again.
Great place with great staff.
Storefront Team Member (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONJune 23, 2016
I enjoyed working at Tim Hortons, the job was easy- the staff were friendly, and it was a good time being there.
The time went by very quickly in a shift, and our store owners allowed use to eat and drink whatever we would like for lunch, and enjoy free beverages throughout our shift.
You make a lot of great friends within the staff but also the customers, regular customers who you look forward to see come in.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Crazy customers
Chaotic from mid morning to 2 pm but fun at the same time
Tim Hortons Team Member (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 23, 2016
Typical day at work consist of fun or bad days. You may start of your day smoothly or early in the morning, bad luck just wants to play with you. However, I managed to acquire the skill on a fast paced environment. Also, the management is great but some of my co-workers show examples that are not ideal to a costumer. For me, the toughest job is during washroom duty, especially when individuals are inconsiderate of other people. Some scatters toilet papers on the floor, unflushed toilets, and overflowing/clog urinal. In addition, it's hard to clean the washroom area whenever there is someone's dirt because there is no masks, it is very difficult to go inside and inhale.
The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing people happy because you served them according to their wishes. It feels like you're their food guru.
Pros
Free coffees and snacks
Cons
Some of your co-workers or costumers bringing bad vibes