Tim Hortons Employee Reviews in Canada

Found 5,293 reviews matching the search
Even tho Tim Horton's had some problem I found it a great place to work, I'd work there again. rk
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONAugust 15, 2016
A typical day at work was very fast past. I served food and beverages to customers did chores, refilled cream milk and sugar cleaned coffee machine and refilled coffee non stop. I learned how to use a cash register, multi-task, and how to handle customer concerns. I found the manager and supervisors nice friendly but they seem to lack communication with each other and employees. The hardest part of my job was learning how to use the tablet they had for me to train with. My co-worker were very polite and friendly.
What I enjoyed most about my job was serving costumers.
Pros
paid brake
Cons
not enough employees
Standard entry level job
Front of House staff (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 21, 2016
A typical day at work includes cash management, time management, and product management. I have learned a lot on the job and I do believe it will help me along as it is a good place for anyone to start.
My co-workers are all great and we get along mostly, though their are still times when things can get a little tense, we can generally sort it out between ourselves.
The hardest part about the job is the guests who give us a hard time on certain things, but I don't let it bother me and work to fix the problem at hand.
The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting interesting new people and making new friends along the way.
Pros
Free products, or at least 50% discount
Cons
Pressure from guests and managment
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ONJuly 28, 2016
Fast production and well organized a typical day at work included preparing food and coffee while engaging with customers providing them with friendly, professional customer service. Keeping the work environment clean and organized. Worked with friendly people. Hardest part of working there was the different hours in shifts that kept changing but overall great environment to work in.
Pros
working around friendly people
Cons
Frequent shift and hour changes
Not everyone understands how hard it can be
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, ABAugust 1, 2016
Most people think that working a Tim Hortons would be an easy job but I would like to see everyone work a day behind the counter.
The number of customers you see in an hour period is probably more than most see in 3 days.
It is great for your regular customers a place that really knows your name. Your time\day goes so fast that you barely realize that you have been there for an 8hr shift.
Tim Hortons is a true meaning of team. If you cant work as a team this is not the place for you.
Pros
Contests, regular customers
Cons
Long long hours
stressful job
Food Counter Attendant (Current Employee) –  Warman, SKJuly 24, 2016
I like my everyday shift 5 am -1 pm because the day flies by in a flash.Always busy especially during breakfast hours 6 am - 12 pm. I learned a lot of things at Tims like how to deal everyday with different people/customer. I dont like how they manage people or treat people because they have favoritism. They are one sided in short. I dont have problems with my co- workers. We always work as a team. For me the hardest part of the job when they keep sending people home after you work hard all day. The most enjoyable part of the job for me is we have free meal.
Pros
free meal
Cons
short hours
enjoyable workplace
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 4, 2016
Typical day of work would have two rush periods but would be slow the rest of the time. Would typically work 7am-3pm. I learned how to work in a fast pace environment, how to work store front as well as in the back preparing food. Management was not the friendliest but most co-workers were nice and wanted to help one another out. The hardest part of the job would be working with rude management. The most enjoyable part of the job would be serving customers and receiving positive feedback.
High pressure
Front Counter Staff (Former Employee) –  Lakefield, ONJuly 23, 2016
Tim Hortons was my first place of employment, as it is for a large amount of people. I loved all of the customers who came in from those who were just traveling through, to those who were there every day and knew me by name. The people I was working with every day were also fantastic. They had answers to all of my questions and were always happy to help. Working in fast food, there is always a certain amount of pressure on each person behind the counter and it did grow to be overwhelming at times, but we had a great team who would back anyone up who needed it.
Pros
Staff. Customers.
Steady job with good co-workers.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Port Hope, ONJuly 25, 2016
I have been working at Tim Hortons for 4 years and have just recently been promoted to a management position. The people that I work with have a mutual respect for me, and we run a very productive, fun shift. I have learned a tremendous amount about customer service during my time here that I will forever hold as a very important lesson. The most enjoyable part of my job is when I get to see the look on a customers face when they arrive at the counter to their order already completed because I have it memorized. It makes them feel special and appreciated.
Pros
Making new relationships with customers/co-workers.
Cons
Not the best salary.
fun, enclusive work environment
Midnight Cashier, Baker (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONJuly 26, 2016
great team work environment. managers always found new ways to motivate employees and help them enjoy their work.
i worked the continental midnight shift, i would work four nights from 10pm to 8am and then have four days off. this was a great way to get lot of hour while still having lots of time off for yourself. despite the 10 hour shifts there was always something to do, a cleaning task, stocking or preparing doughnuts and pastries when they ran low making a shift go by very quickly and enjoyably.
Pros
lots of hours in a short period of time
Cons
eventually the long shifts begin to take a toll on your body and sleep schedule
Happy and Positive work environment
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Current Employee) –  Erin, ONJuly 26, 2016
The management is wonderful and very easy going about switching shifts and moving around schedules. My co workers are all wonderful and have become almost a second family to me. A typical day for me is taking orders and making drinks or food for customers, talking to them and being friendly, stocking up items. Ive learned a lot from working at Tim Hortons and about customer service and how to be friendly and up sell items, along with working as a team with others in a work environment.
Pros
Working with my co-workers
Cons
Too far away from Brock
the experience depends entirely on the management + staff
Superviseur de nuit (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJuly 27, 2016
 Diriger une équipe de cinq personnes et m’assurer que toutes les normes de sécurité, de propreté et de service à la clientèle correspondent aux attentes de Tim Horton.
 M’assurer que le ménage, la production et l’inventaire soient prêts pour le quart de travail du matin (le plus occupé) en plus de servir les clients.
Pros
receiving tips from our regular customers
Cons
In order to have a great experience you need a good team
Tim Hortons
Drive Thru Attendant/Front End Cashier (Former Employee) –  Marystown, NLJuly 28, 2016
I found at this particular location there was always a rush on everything all of the time and you always felt like you weren't good enough. I learned that you can't really talk to anyone and that people get cranky fast in small environments. The management team was not very good for the most part, however, there were a couple supervisors that kept their heads on their shoulders. My co-workers were ok in the evenings and nights but daytime was not good. Hardest part of my job was being there. Most enjoyable part of my job was knowing I was doing it for my family.
Cons
lots
Productive, fast pace, team oriented and fun job
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCJuly 28, 2016
i like seeing the same customer in the morning to give them their regular coffee. i learned to have a time management. i really like my co-workers they made my job easier with their good vibes. the hardest part of the job would be the very busy days. i enjoyed almost everything about working in tim horton's such as my co-workers and the management team were very kind, also meeting different kinds of people was very enjoyable.
Pros
50% off of lunches
Cons
few hours
Fun and Respectful working in a team
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BCAugust 7, 2016
Weekdays are very busy but I have learned a lot in this industry. I learned how to understand people's opinion. I learned how to move fast and multi-task. My co-workers are really fun to be with, because they can work well under pressure, and have a good sense of humor. The hardest part of this job is whenever someone called in sick and it's busy, all of us had to take more responsibilities than usual and it is a little bit stressful.
Pros
30 percent discount, free donuts, hot drinks and buns
Tim Hortons Review
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONAugust 9, 2016
It was hectic especially if you were the only supervisor on that shift. There were A LOT of things to do on an hourly bases. They gave great hours and you could take off days for as long as you wanted. Everyone was friendly and you got to know the regular customers, every shift would go by super fast because of how fast paced it was and the amount of things to complete every shift.
Pros
you get discounts on food and merchandise, uniform, shifts went by fast
Cons
you smell like coffee, can't have nails done, only one piercing
Fast paced and fun work environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ONAugust 11, 2016
A typical day at Tim Horton'sis busy, very fast paced and relies on the good customer service of the employees; Tim Horton's was my first job going through high school and taught me the values of having a good work ethic. My coworkers and managers have always been very supportive and helpful, and are always the best part of any day. The hardest part of the job, and of any job is dealing with the more difficult customers, but it's always important to keep a good attitude! And as difficult as some customers may be, there are still the ones who make everyday worthwhile.
Pros
Free tea
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONAugust 15, 2016
I usually have fun working in this place. Time passes by fast because it is very hectic and a lot of fun. The hardest part of the job are the customers that are giving you a hard time. The most enjoyable part of the job is to be able to work with your co workers. The managers are fun to work with as well. Everything I learned about good work ethic, patience and even simple things like giving smiles that could give someone a great day came from this workplace.
Pros
Fun workplace
Cons
Horrible customers, sometimes can be too hectic with not enough staff, horrible experience when the owner is around, bad for your knees.
Enjoyable, but slightly uncooperative
team member (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ONAugust 15, 2016
They were nice to work for overall, but many conflicts occurred during the final 3 months of employment. The management was unrelenting in many aspects. They did not cooperatively adjust to different scheduling times. Co-workers were less cooperative with daily duties and serving customers. The hardest part of the job was to lift the heavy boxes of coffee. The most enjoyable part of the job was mopping the floors.
Pros
Free Donuts
Cons
Scheduling Problems
loved this job...
Tim Hortons Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Stonewall, MBAugust 23, 2016
Worked for Tim Hortons for almost a year and became a supervisor within 3 short months of working there. I was the fastest on soup and sandwich and would often excel at the task that were given to me. Things started to be hard when other management members were treating me unfairly, said snarky remarks and all out made it very uncomfortable to even be in the workplace. We were told to always come to the manager if there was anyone making us feel uncomfortable but noone ever did anything about it, or if you did say something you were bound to be treated unfairly by the person you were trying to escape the problem from... Loved the job but found it very hard to fit in...
Pros
best job ever
Cons
workplace bullying
Prudctive and funplace to work in
Team Member (Former Employee) –  674 kingston road, Pickering ,ONJuly 21, 2016
My typical day at work was consisted with communication by interacting with customers and team members making sure that I was getting every orders right. I learned how to communicate better with people around me. I also learned how to work as a team. My co workers were excellent because they taught me how to work as a team and also taught me how to do my job the right way. The hardest part of my job was that making sure that all orders were right and making sure that I didn't make any mistakes. The most enjoyable part of my job was to get to know my co workers and the customers.