Tim Hortons

Tim Hortons Employee Reviews

Found 3,920 reviews matching the search
fun
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ONFebruary 11, 2016
loved dealing with customers and co workers were a lot of fun and made you feel like you belonged there. I have nothing else to write because they were great company to work for
Pros
lunches
Cons
enjoyable place to work, friendly management and staff.
Team Member (Current Employee) –  London, ONFebruary 10, 2016
I have enjoyed the 7 years i have worked here, i love the fact i have such a god management team and i enjoy working with my fellow staff members. they always help work around my schedule outside of the work place, e.g. doctors appointments, school schedule.
Pros
Stable hours, good work environment
Cons
Crabby customers
very busy place
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 10, 2016
I really enjoyed working at compass group canada. I had an excellent work experience in different field of operation. I've learned how to handle different kind of situation. The management and my co-workers are very helpful.
Productive and friendly work environment
Baker/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, OntarioFebruary 10, 2016
A typical day at work would consist of preparing fresh baked goods and tending to customers. Working as a team, myself and my co-workers took pride in our work and strived to delivery the best customer service. Management was great and had very effective communication skills between both employees and customers. I do not believe there was any difficult part of the job. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to make a customer's day.
Pros
Free baked goods and coffee on break.
Cons
No cons!
Part Time Position
Baker (Former Employee) –  Wasaga Beach, ONFebruary 10, 2016
Check current stock of Donuts, etc. on shelf when arriving for work. Bake goods to ensure products are fresh and available for sale. Put on soups, chilli, chicken on to cook and have these available at prescribed times. Keep kitchen area clean before leaving shift.
Pros
Good part ime job, pleasant people to work with
Cons
Inconsistant hours. Could be sent home at any time during shift if place not busy.
fun place to work while you are young
Store Front (Former Employee) –  Gatineau, QCFebruary 9, 2016
I found Tim's to be a fun place to work most of the time but occasionally you did not want to be there. They do care a lot more about getting as many people through in a hour in their drive through then they do customer service.
Pros
good breaks and atmosphere
Cons
dealing with people who are not understaning
Fun workplace, good environment
Store Front (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 9, 2016
Had fun working at this place, with good environment. It is a coffee shop and has good people to work around.
Makes us learn a lot about customer service.
Productive Workplace
Store Front (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ONFebruary 9, 2016
It was a good place to work got a lot of hours so it was hard to complain about that but the best part was I got to work with friends I already knew outside of the workplace and that made the experience a lot more enjoyable and always kept my productivity level high
Pros
Working with friends
Cons
Idiocity of Arrogant and/or Ignorant Customers
Just a job
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Caledonia, ONFebruary 9, 2016
For myself, Tim Horton's was not a bad place to work, nor a good place. I simply went there to make money, then came home. I learned many things over my time at Tim Hortons, some being, how to work well with others, this job also highly improved my addition and subtraction skills, I remember prices well, and give proper change without looking at the cash register. My co-workers was my favourite part about the job, I made many life long friends from my time at Tim Hortons. Management on the other hand was different. To them I was just another employee, one of my managers didn't even know my name after almost 3 years. The hardest part of the job was the hours, I had many hours which I like, however the timing of the shifts were bad. During week days I would work 3:00pm-11:00pm, getting off school at 2:45 and having to make it to work in 15 minutes which they were not flexible with, I would have to leave class 10 minutes early in order to make it to work on time. Working until 11:00pm on school nights was also not easy, also making 7am-11pm a long day for a high school student. Shifts that were not 8 hours long would be 3:00pm- "?", meaning you do not know the time you are getting off of work. Latest time being 11:00pm, however this made it difficult to make plans with friends, family, or plan when is the best day to do school work.
Pros
Other employees
Cons
Non-flexible hours
A great opportunity for communication skills to grow
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONFebruary 8, 2016
A typical day at work involves working at either the cashier's till or at the drive thru. You are expected to work with your co-workers and deliver fast and efficient customer service, that make customers happy.
Pros
You get to meet lots of people and regulars that become a big part of your life.
Cons
can be physically taxing, as you are expected to always move fast.
fast pace workplace
customer service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 8, 2016
Fast paced environment, busy everyday, meeting new people and customer interactions everyday. Over time was sometimes needed but wages weren't as good.
Pros
discount
Cons
at times it was a fun place to work
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ONFebruary 8, 2016
it was good over al loved dealing with the customers the work was not hard kept me active , The hours werent too bad its what i wanted the only thing i dont like is the drivethru customers can get really ignorant if they are in a hurry
Pros
loved working midnights
Cons
too much drama
Work around student agenda.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ONFebruary 8, 2016
Tim Horton's was my first job, for the most part it was alright, the work was tedious but it supplied me with income throuought highschool.
Pros
Co-Workers
Cons
Poor management practice
Productive and fun work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKFebruary 8, 2016
I really enjoyed working with my co-workers. Working at Tim Hortons was a blast. Everyone knew how to work as a team which made the day go by fast.
Terrible company to work for
Store Front Supervisor (Former Employee) –  London, ONFebruary 8, 2016
I did not enjoy my time here. Management was unbearable. I would not recommend to work here. They did not treat the employees well.
fun workplace
Food Counter Attendant (Former Employee) –  Dawson Creek, BCFebruary 7, 2016
It was same work every night- but the good thing in night shift was, i was trained to all position in - baking, drive-thru, soup and sand and front line. The management was okay, but the only thing that i didn't like was the schedule. I was retained in night duty for almost the whole contract. My co-workers were very helpful as well as my managers. They are very approachable and there were camaraderie. It was amazing to work with different people and culture. They were so understanding and considerate. It was not hard to adapt their culture because they are very open to us.
Pros
there are some free foods and drinks
Cons
no rotation in schedule
A productive and enjoyable experience.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Rouse Valley Health System, OntarioFebruary 7, 2016
My work place is an enjoyable environment. I am a very social person and my current work place gives me opportunity to meet and interact with a vast array of people of different cultural backgrounds. My management team is great and our goal is fast service and to make our guests happy. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing the happy faces of my guests and the hardest part is when I can't make them happy.
Fun workplace
Baker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 7, 2016
They have an awesome store owner and manager in which it makes bonds to the workers even the connection to the costumer by giving them a big smile.
Fast-paced and demanding
Storefront Cashier (Former Employee) –  TorontoFebruary 6, 2016
Not good for students, I had to work 4 days while being a full-time student and it took two months to be able to get 3 days a week

They always expected you to be fast while being perfect at every order, but you get yelled at for wasting time promoting something you got yelled at for not promoting before

Very hypocritical

Coworkers were supportive
Pros
Lots of donuts and free snacks
Cons
stressful
Fast paced and customer service focused
Counter Staff (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ONFebruary 5, 2016
While I knew I didn't want to work in the food industry forever, I generally liked working here. My schedule was worked around my schooling which was awesome. At both locations that I worked at, my colleagues were great and I liked being able to work in a team but also on my own sometimes too. I loved working in a fast paced environment, and getting to serve many customers each shift. I learned a lot about customer service at this job, this gave me lots of opportunity to expand my customer service skills.
Pros
customer service, good hours
Cons
long shifts with only two 15 minute breaks