Tim Hortons Employee Reviews

Found 7,958 reviews matching the search
nice and friendly team to work with.
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC19 August 2017
working in Timms is really a good learning experience.Well managed and well equipped but one has to do lots of work and wages are comparatively low. Rush hours are difficult to manage in particuler as one have to be quick too.
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
meger wages
Fast paced, fun work environment
Tim Hortons Team Member (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 August 2017
I have been working at Tim Hortons for a year.

It has been a very interesting experience. Being my first job, I learned how to keep up with long lines, manage drive thru times, being on a tight schedule and dealing with the constant need to be moving, cleaning and not standing around. There is always something to be done.

I have made new friendships, learned the necessities I need to do well in any other job and how to handle a fast paced work environment.
Pros
fun, flexible environment, always feeling welcome
Cons
short breaks
fun place to work.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK19 August 2017
busy day always, good place to work,managers are great, lot of overtime , customers not usually happy in morning ,people you work with are amazing, fun vibe to it
Fun place to work
Cashier and Customer service (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON19 August 2017
I've learnt a lot when I was working at Tim Hortan, even though I worked there for 1 month. The things I learnt are: how to work in a group, how to manage everything when someone is away, I became more punctual than I was, I learnt new skills on how to interact with the customers.
The hardest part of the job was during the rush hour when you've got a lot of customers coming in and out and when you have to think about everyone. We didn't get a minute to breathe during the rush hours.
Pros
Free Lunches
store
Baker (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON19 August 2017
Like any Tim Hortons pay is not very good and not a place to make a career out of unless you want to gert in to management. A good job for students and the elderly.
Pros
it a job
Cons
Money is not good no where to move up
Challenging
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Renfrew, ON19 August 2017
They project themselves at flexible, but if you don't meet their needs, you are not looked at. Customer service is focused to drive through customers not the ones that come into the restaurant.
Great job! Very friendly environment!
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON18 August 2017
I have worked at Tim Hortons for Quite some time. When I started working with them I had very little customer service and food service experience, but after 5 years I really feel that it has been a great experience. I have learned so much and made some great connections. I would recommend this job to everyone.
Pros
Discount on food
Cons
High employee turn over rate
alright environment, good training.
Team leader (Former Employee) –  Oakbank, MB18 August 2017
management at the one i was working was terrible but besides that it was a wonderful job! mostly good people to work with, started off with amazing hours while in training but got cut back on hours and was still depended on to come in if a coworker wouldnt show. i wasn't treated fairly but every time is different.
Pros
paid lunch
Cons
cut back in hours
Very poor management
Tim Hortons Team Member (Former Employee) –  Vernon, BC17 August 2017
There is favoritism within the company family the managers were young and extreamly untrained and the owner disnt care about anything except making sure his family have jobs. If you are sick they punish tou by cutting down you hours the next week.
very streesful
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC17 August 2017
Fast paste high pressure job.
Working for franchisee is difficult some time as there can be multiple owners in the same group with different priorities.
Amazing coworkers and management, horrible job
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON17 August 2017
I've only worked here for as long as I have because of the people that were toughing it out with me. If the people were not as friendly as they were, I would've been gone ASAP. Management are very friendly and for the most part flexible in terms of days off and what not. Unfortunately, it's Tim Hortons and as with most fast food jobs, it's hard work and lots of standing on your feet, and most of the customers are the most unfriendly people you will ever meet, especially early mornings before they've had their coffee!
Pros
Good meal plan
Cons
Long hours, really abuse the labor law and I have often had to wait 5 hours to take my break
Great Place to Work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Prince Albert, SK17 August 2017
Staff and management are exceptional to work with, understanding and fair. The wage is fair depending on experience. This place really makes you feel like your at home.
enjoyed working with customer and team members
Cashier/Baker (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, NT17 August 2017
was a wonderful place to work. loved working with my team members and enjoyed meeting new customers. was trained to do all things at Tim Hortons from baking to running till, making coffee and sandwiches, also re-stocking, cleaning up work areas.
Pros
one free meal per shift
Work
Tim Hortons Team Member (Current Employee) –  Port Perry, ON17 August 2017
It is a good enviromment , with good people. Sometimes it is a frustrating job but has its pros and cons. I really enjoy the atmosphere because I have made a great relationship with some of my co workers
Pros
Flexible with hours
Cons
Hard to get lots of hours
Interesting place, but employees taken as numbers
Caissière, service à la clientèle (Current Employee) –  Smartcenter, Laval, QC17 August 2017
The job was interesting, it's challenging, and managing the staff was really great, finding solutions to all problems, often working with them to get new ideas and creative ways of doing things. Only problem, most of the highest management took us all as numbers and te one being formed to be the new assistant manager is too immature and still left alone on too many decisions. Hope it gets on track one day
Gives a good experience
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Vaudreuil-Dorion, QC17 August 2017
It's a good experience, you get to learn a lot about people and their personality in general. It also helps you become more mature since you work under stress.
Pros
Lots of hours
Cons
Minimum wage
fun
Cashier, Baker, Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Petrolia, ON17 August 2017
fast paced, loud and crazy busy with cosomers , fun experince lots of laughs nd memories, friendly faces and regulars that you become used to seeing everyday always a positive vibe
Pros
1$ dozen
Cons
had to cover own shift if called in sick
la productions tres productifs
CAISISIERE (Former Employee) –  Tracadie-Sheila, NB16 August 2017
Environnement tres agréables,pas assez d,heures dans les annees que jai travailler.
keeps you busy
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON16 August 2017
You get to work with a big team and you will be always busy around the store. loved the free coffees- can't complaint that-. tips pool give a good amount money to spend on weekends.
busy work place
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, Downtown16 August 2017
Tim Horton is very busy work place. Time is going very fast. Hard and fastest work. need to work with perfection . accuracy in order. customer satisfaction is must.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tim Hortons. Our community is ready to answer.