Tim Hortons Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Fast pace in a customer service industry
Customer Service Respresentitive (Current Employee), 35 King St E Hamilton,OntarioFebruary 5, 2016
A common day at Tim Hortons downtown Hamilton is usually a very busy with a very diverse customer base with many cultures and economic differences, and because of this you learn to be patient and open to others wants and needs. I work for a great management team very personable and compassionate to each employee and there individual needs and struggles. There is a wonderful team of hard working ladies who come to work everyday and give 110%
The is not a really head part to this job its very routine for the most part and I would say for me the only issue I have is money pretty much everyone makes minimum wage and there hasn't been raises given to anyone that I know of an I have worked for this owner for many years and that would be one of the reasons I am looking for a different job or possibly another job. The cost if living continues to increase but wages do NOT.
fun workplace,approachable
Food Counter Attendant / Baker (Current Employee), Lloydminster, ABFebruary 23, 2016
Pros: 50%discount all the staff
Cons: basic rates
the typical day for me in timhortons is weekend,i love doing busy hours because its more exiciting while doing your task and time flies.i learned how to communicate to staff in terms of our idea and skilled.management is good they giving the right salary according to our contract we sign specially some of the benefits is awesome. i have nothing to say about my co-workers they all good no culture barrier i like working with them specially in busy hours they keep on moving.the hardest part i think is the lost of communication specially when the product runs out thats the hardest part and we dont have a backup on that time.
good experience
Management Trainee (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 3, 2016
Pros: friendly management
Cons: low salary
During the three months of working in Tim Hortons I have learned a lot about how to work under extreme pressure and at the same time keep yourself calm, composed and friendly. I have dealt with guests and colleague from various cultural backgrounds which taught me a great deal about Canadian norms and culture.
As a person, I am very social and so the most enjoyable part of my job is to interact with various individuals from different background and as I work in the morning shift so the hardest part is to maintain the accuracy as it's extremely busy at that time. I have managed quite well and in this short period I have received mystery shopper award twice. In short, it is a good place to start with.
Alright work environment. Most staff were very welcoming and cheerful
Front Counter Attendant (Former Employee), Casselman, ONJanuary 18, 2016
Pros: free donuts (1 donut per staff a day) and 1 hot beverage per staff a day
Cons: No Advancements or raises
It was alright working in that environment. I really like most of the staff i worked with. They were very welcoming and kind. I loved working with the customers and love how i could make there day better. Management was actually pretty good considering. They did not like their roll in management and you can see it as plain as day. The most enjoyable part of my job was when i was praised for my work, i just really did not like the fact there was no advancements there or raises.
good benefits.. thats it.
Supervisor (Former Employee), Guelph, ONFebruary 25, 2016
Pros: Benefits were alright
Cons: No backup from management, pushed around, poor treatment, needs ignored. Liars.
they promise you one thing and then you get the opposite. They act like they're family oriented, but that's only because the management team is all related. Any disgusting act gets covered up by a good old family member.. including dropping cups on the floor and using the 30second rule. Good people within as team members, but they get screwed around until they eventually quit. Can't rely on anyone. They dont even train you properly, but then treat you like you are stupid for not knowing. Worst experience ever.
Im all satisfied with what i write in my resume
Food Counter Attendant (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABDecember 14, 2015
Pros: i love what im doing to my work because i have past experience working in the restaurant, all other kind of works, my colleagues are all nice and the management is operating a good and systematic way
Cons: when the weather is too cold, going to work by walking it makes me feel freeze hard to walk in the snow
I have a different schedule in the store but its okay with me, i get use to it. We had a lot of customers everyday, and im happy with my work, my colleagues are all nice, we help each other especially when the day that is full of customers. I had no problem with our management, i get my salary on time. The hardest part for me is actually is during winter when i go to my work by walking on the street with a low temperature and the surrounding s are all ice, but it only takes 10 to 15 mins going to work.
Great place to work!
Store Front (Former Employee), Owen Sound, ONMarch 14, 2016
Pros: great employees, awesome raises, great customers
Cons: grumpy people, long hours, on your feet all day
I absolutely loved my time at Tim Hortons. It was a great experience. Only reason I left was that I went on my maternity leave and decided to stay home with my son. Every day was pretty much the same. We had great workers on each station that was good where they were. We were always busy. Our manager tried her hardest to get us the time off we needed. I definitely would go back.
I want work at Tim Hortons part-time and full-time
Cashier (Current Employee), Etobicoke, ONMarch 8, 2016
Pros: Great training, excellent team oriented environment, and an overall great place to work.
Cons: It is very hard to get promoted. When the store is quiet it can be very boring. Rotating hours, late hours and early hours.
always granted me time off if I requested it,Great Benefits, Great Leadership,They pay you State Minimum wage,I hate how rude customers can be it really brings down the mood,
Recommends
Positive Outlook
Approves of CEO
I want to work at Tim Hortons part-time and full-time
Good first job
Team Member (Former Employee), Barrie, ONNovember 23, 2015
Pros: Good hours
Cons: Can be too fast paced
Fast paced work environment. The only good thing about this job is that you almost always get hours, I always received 40 hours and it was easy to get time off if needed. As well the day goes by fast because the job is so fast paced especially if you are in drive thru. However, you are never allowed to BREATHE. "If you have time to lean, you have time to clean". You are always moving...And you will never be fast enough at this job. You are expected to make a bagel and gather other items (coffee, pastries ect..) all in under 20 sec. And its NEVER the customers fault. This job can be very high stress and you get customers yelling at you all the time. Raises are awful at Tim Hortons you may get 10 cents every 3 months even when you are top team member!!!
good first/high school job
Storefront Cashier/Baker (Former Employee), Essex, ONMarch 22, 2016
Pros: having a reliable job with flexible hours
Cons: sometimes have to work the late shift
Tim Hortons taught me so much about customer services and how to be a good employee. The training was very good and the management always made the staff feel appreciated for the most part. For a high school job the pay and raises were pretty decent considering most high school students make only minimum wage.
Fun and Enthusiastic area to work in.
Manager (Current Employee), Bradford, ONJanuary 29, 2016
Pros: free lunches, control of own resteraunt.
Cons: no overtime pay (salary)
Tim Hortons has provided me with experience in management and social skills in many ways. I have had the opportunities to delegate and position staff and control restaurant demands to meet head office expectations. My duties include: cash management, inventory management, scheduling, training, reporting directly to district managers, ensure restaurant is up to specific outlined standards at all times.
Was fun while I was young
Baker (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONMarch 1, 2016
Pros: no customer service necessary, easy to learn and can work relatively independantly
Cons: very slow pay raises, some co-workers can be hard to get along with
prepared baked goods nightly, cleaned kitchen and stocked freezer when needed
very flexible work schedule
learned the rudiments of kitchen organization
free coffee or tea while on shift + employee disc for take home
no heavy lifting
danger of burns
no benefits and very slow pay raise scale
too much work for less pay
Team Member/Cashier (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 18, 2016
Pros: half price food
Cons: too much stress
it is good when your team is good or you ending up doing everything.
No good raise in salary, no one will appreciate your hard work,
too much pressure to increase sales, asking to punchin item before the guest asks.
most enjoyable part id your guest will like you, and they will notice your efforts,you will have of of friends.
Awesome Customers
Store Manager (Former Employee), Saint JohnOctober 13, 2015
Pros: medical benifits and paid breaks
Cons: long hours and always working the holidays
At Tim Hortons I learned that happy customers are what make your job easy. The mornings always go by quickly as it is fast paced and its always nice seeing your regulars every morning, I made great friendships with many of the people I worked with, and learned a strong foundation with your team is important for success. The hardest part for me was finding a balance between work and home as i put in long hours on a daily basis. THe thing i enjoyed most was seeing the same people everyday and getting to start everyones morning off right with a great cup of coffee.
Customer Service
Customer Service (Former Employee), Peterborough, ONMarch 7, 2016
Pros: Residents
Cons: pay
I really liked working here. The staff was great, the manager on the other hand was only concerned with "times". She preferred you did not talk to the customers and get to friendly with them.
The location was perfect as it was more of a retired town. Residents were wonderful and I miss them all. Believe it or not, this was a hard job and the salary sucked. I know this is more for students however one can not live on min wage.
its great... unless its not
Trainer (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONFebruary 19, 2016
Pros: my manager was great, free coffee
Cons: everything else
Tim Hortons was sold to 3G during my time there, and between one owner and another things got silly. They expected the drive-thru time to be twenty seconds during lunch when people order paninis that take a minute twenty to cook. This is literally impossible, but they told me off for bringing it up. This attitude towards the workers that the customer is an angel and the worker is the failure is why they keep getting sold. They will never make it as a company with cheap gimicks and a terrible attitude towards their workers. I don't have a friend who hasn't worked at one briefly, their turn over rate is pathetic. The teams can be awesome, the food/drink awesome, until they just aren't. For a company so bent on consistency they are a completely hit or miss business!! Some locations are brilliant, others just disgusting. The flexible time table was great, the full time was great, and half of my team was great. The benefits are a joke, head office has gotta be high to think of what they do, and the other half of my team was so awful it gave me ulcers and migraines to the point I quit on health leave! If you find a good location, don't ever leave. If you find a bad one, you don't need money that bad. You don't, trust me.
If you are competitive with yourself, it can be very fun.
Baker/Cashier (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONJanuary 18, 2016
Pros: Working hard is fun. When you find someone you work well with, try to see if you can share shifts.
Cons: No benefits and pay isn't that high.
When you come in, they ask you to start 5 minutes early so that you can figure out where the last shift left off (which can be very useful). As long as you worked fast and effectively, got everything done in a moderate amount of time, you would be left with plenty of time to talk with customers and build a good report with them.

The location I worked at offered employees free donuts and hot drinks, which really helped if you came in on a cold day. I learned how to move around others who were working, kinda like dancing in a crowd. I found I could make a dozen coffees in 2 minutes and I also learned how to effectively multitask.

Management was a blast, and even the owners would sometimes work beside us, which was a real boost to morale. Most of the workers were awesome, but some times you would get a new worker in that couldn't move any faster than a snail, no matter how much you tried to encourage them to move faster.

The hardest part of the job is that if you have an injury, it is very difficult to do. I injured my back and lasted a week before I had to give up working there. If my back was still in good condition, I probably would be working there still.
work
Cashier associate (Former Employee), Saint John, NBDecember 11, 2015
Hard place to work, it's okay if you are part time but working there full time is hard and stressful. If you are a people person and can handle a challenge this is a job for you. Co-workers are always great you have mixed ages most times so you get the best of both worlds. Management isn't always great they push you so hard, and don't praise you enough for how much you do.
Fun workplace; a place to learn basics of customer service
Team Member and Baker (Former Employee), Victoria, BCSeptember 14, 2015
Pros: Free Drinks, 8 hour shifts
Cons: Messy Management (at times), mediocre pay and inconsistent raises
Tim Hortons was a job that I enjoyed. I stayed with them as a company for a long time, and was usually treated fairly, had my life accommodated for with flexible hours and understanding of personal issues. My largest complaint with the company is that in four straight years of employment I only received one raise for $0.20, which was lackluster to say the least. Other then that, the atmosphere and the skills I learned in customer service and employee interaction were well worth the time I spent with the company.
Great Place to Work
TEAM MEMBER/BAKER (Former Employee), Bradford, ONApril 6, 2016
Good place to work unless you get stuck with management that harass you and humiliates you in front of other employees or customers. You get a yearly review and a raise depending on your past performance, which is nice.
Headquarters