Tim Hortons Employee Reviews

Found 5,798 reviews matching the search
Great team, great environment.
Customer Service/Storefront Barista (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL3 November 2016
My shifts were well-balanced in terms of responsibilities and I always found that my days and nights flew by (a good sign).

I definitely learned the importance of time efficiency and teamwork when dealing with large numbers of customers. I discovered that I handle these challenges much better than I previously expected.

Management was great - very helpful, easy to talk to and ran things very professionally. Most of my co-workers were much the same, probably because they were well-screened.

Most difficult part of this job was trying to stay aware of my body's limitations. I ended up developing mild arthritis in my left wrist from pouring coffee for entire morning shifts. I had to learn to know when to switch it up after that.

Most enjoyable part of this job was the great people I met and the warn environment they created. It was an enjoyable work experience with good benefits; we were treated well.
working for Tim Hortons
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS19 October 2016
Working for Tim Hortons is both fun as well as stressful; you develop great multitasking skills, as well as communication skills. you learn to work with you coworkers as a team, and if someone having an off day everyone usually feeds off your energy and attitude. you create great friendships with your customers, learning their names, orders, and routines. customers make your day, but on the rare occasion they can as well ruin your day; but for the most part you always have a great shift.
Pros
customers, great hours, free tea
Cons
no raises, no promotions, sometimes poor management
Productive and Fun Workplace
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 August 2016
At Tim Horton's I learned how to become a leader and embrace my communication skills. By motivating my fellow crew mates to meet our drive thru times and abide by Tim Horton's standard I could guarantee our guest's got the freshest coffee every time. I enjoyed helping train new staff, and getting our regular guest's coffee orders ready in advance; seeing the smile on their face and their warm welcome was the best part of my job. The hardest part of my job was being isolated by other staff because of ethnicity. The reason I had to leave was because often times I was excluded from conversations simply because I could not speak another language aside from English. It flabbergasted me, that I have been denied raises based on the economy or my age rather than my workplace capability. I would work at Tim Horton's again gladly if the exclusion was not present because I love the friendly fast paced work environment.
Pros
Friendly staff and guest
Cons
Long hours with only one 15 minute break
Fun work environment ONLY if coworkers are nice
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB14 July 2016
The pay is horrible for the amount of work you are expected to do, and it's nearly impossible to get a raise or advance your career here. The team members and management vary depending on the location but most locations are very rude. At my location the team members were alright and management was understanding at times, but not always. The company itself is horrible.
Environment is very stressful and expectations are ridiculous! You get paid minimum wage for a large and excessive amount of work and stress. The staff discount is horrible and they don't put a single ounce of trust in their employees, basically treating them like criminals.
Pros
Flexible work hours if you don't make anyone mad
Cons
The pay versus the expectations, anount of work
Decent starter job
Store Front, Supervisor, Baker (current) (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON2 October 2016
This is a great first job for high school and college students. However, it is is nearly impossible to try and make a decent living when trying to raise a family. I've been with this company for 14 years and have watched all of the $ 0.15/year raises disappear with the increase of minimum wage. This company has no respect for employees that have been with them long-term and are somehow comfortable paying the people that are new hires the same amount as the people that have been there 15+ years.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Horrible salary
Superviseur (Former Employee) –  Brossard, QC23 August 2016
Its an enriching experience to work in Tim Horton since i have done multi tasks and good customer service. I am energetic and motivated and hard worker,positive attitude.All these qualities boost up my days at work.
A typical day at work is Friday where we have the car show where i have to run to meet my targets,satisfy my customer is my priority and work in a team spirit so that we clear the rush.Its a non stop sometimes but the good part is we accomplish great sales,most of the products are sold and we replenish its a positive stress environment because at the end ,I am happy and proud that i have deliver a good service up to the end.
The hardest part of the job, when we are short of staff,I always got more workload.
I had tips with my regular customers,very nice people who appreciate my service and I was so happy to see them each day.
Pros
a cup of coffee free
Cons
the salary is low
Its a good starting job and had pretty good experience.
team member (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC5 June 2016
My typical days at work is good, sometimes not but for sure it happens all the time. I managed to adjust myself with all different types of people of different culture, of different raise. I learned to appreciate simple efforts, simple gestures of appreciation, stay positive and head's up although the situation is disappointing. I learned that valuing the cant's and cans of a person helps us grow in the most effective kind of manner. Management isn't understanding enough so it's not that worth of too much time and effort. Co-workers are a mix of good, better, best and worst which is usual. Hardest part is you are not that motivated because you don't feel like you were appreciated but on the brighter side, there are few who sees your worth.
Steady job with good co-workers.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Port Hope, ON25 July 2016
I have been working at Tim Hortons for 4 years and have just recently been promoted to a management position. The people that I work with have a mutual respect for me, and we run a very productive, fun shift. I have learned a tremendous amount about customer service during my time here that I will forever hold as a very important lesson. The most enjoyable part of my job is when I get to see the look on a customers face when they arrive at the counter to their order already completed because I have it memorized. It makes them feel special and appreciated.
Pros
Making new relationships with customers/co-workers.
Cons
Not the best salary.
It's a nice company but they should give benefits to employees especially those staffs working at night
Storefront (Current Employee) –  1600 Langstaff Toad12 October 2016
Well-known company but should have programs that give benefits and security to employees. They should give proper training to new worker so she familiarize with the restaurant set-up,give new uniforms not those used by previous employees and provide safety shoes. They just should $23 of the cost of the shoes.
Pros
free coffee and donuts and sandwiches, staff
Crazy Busy
Fast Food Chain Staff (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 May 2016
A common day at Tim Hortons is usually a very busy with a very diverse customer because of this you learn to be patient and open to others wants and needs. I work for a great management team very personable and compassionate to each employee and there individual needs and struggles. There is a wonderful team of hard working ladies who come to work everyday and give 110%
The is not a really head part to this job its very routine for the most part and I would say for me the only issue I have is money pretty much everyone makes minimum wage and there hasn't been raises given to anyone that I know of an I have worked for this owner for many years and that would be one of the reasons I am looking for a different job or possibly another job. The cost if living continues to increase but wages do NOT.
Dependant on location and owner
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Niagara, ON18 June 2016
Overall, Tim Horton's is a great entry level job... enjoyable for the first 6 months if you're working with great people. Teaches you communication and multitasking skills, and gives you a basic understanding of work policies and health and safety mandates.
Short of that; it's awful.
Underpaid, underappreciated, horrible benefits, excessive pressure from head office with unrealistic expectations.
No advancement opportunities.
No raises.. You can work for the company for 9 years and be paid the same amount as someone who was hired tomorrow.
Pros
Relaible schedule/hours
Cons
No advancement or raises, unrealistic expectations from head office
Good enviroment workplace
Store manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 October 2016
Job Description / Duties and Responsibilities

Handling guest complaints
Manages sales and control product cost and operating expenses to ensure profitability.
Obeying and implementing company rules and regulations.
Lead the team through my shift with a positive attitude.
Act as a role model for exceptional guest service.
Guiding my towards to success.
Making sure that all the team members are productive.
Making sure that quality and cleanliness are achieved.
Pros
Benefits, flexible hours
Challenging
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC9 September 2016
the job requires a lot of patience, a lot of balance, that's definitely something I learnt from Tim Hortons. being a part of the management required me to keep a friendly yet professional environment, so i usually got the jobs done by keeping them fun and necessary. I do not personally think any job is hard, when you are put into that position people figure their ways out yet following the rules, and that itself is the most enjoyable part.
Benefits
Cons
Scheduling
Respectful workplace and fun place to work
Food Counter Attendant (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, SK2 June 2016
Tim Hortons is a very busy establishment in Canada, as Canadians love their coffee and is very supportive of their own. Tim Hortons is popular in Canada, as a foreign worker we're asked most of the time to do overtime because of our hard work, dedication and we love to get busy so we can avoid homesickness.

The management is very professional and kind. They understand their foriegn workers on how hard it is to work outside our country. Most co- workers are Filipinos so I don't have a hard time getting to know them. I enjoy working in Canada, Nicest and polite people on earth. There are bad times with co-workers and customer but overall I enjoyed working in then most popular restaurant in Canada.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
far from my home country
Mostly fun
Restaurant worker (Former Employee) –  Steinbach, MB28 November 2016
Tim Hortons was surprisingly fun. I still maintain that it is the most challenging job I've ever done. There are so many small details that you have to get exactly right in a fast-paced environment but the staff and management was good and easy to work with. Salary is what you would expect from fast-food but the flexible schedule is perfect for students or anyone looking for part-time work
Not getting a raise often enough and having some medical and dental benefits
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC20 September 2016
Some pros are having Vacation pay, Christmas parties, long weekend pay, and also my dental and medical are covered. But some cons are that i work during the rush hours, which is at lunch time and they dont give us any raise. They only increase our wage by 25 cents every 1 year.
Pros
Vacation pay
Cons
Not getting a raise often enough
Fast and positive enviroment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Rothesay, NB26 September 2016
Very fast paced but always loving smiles and positive attitudes and great customer service. I learned having a great attitude in the workplace is always best for you and your customers. hardest part; lunch rushes but always loved the lunch rushes because i was always busy and my day flew by.
Pros
great benefits
Productive workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON31 May 2016
A typical day at Tim Horton's included counting the register, cashier, serving/handling food, beverage making, restocking front counters, maintaining cleanliness of the restaurant, drive-thru (including front counter staff), maintaining cleanliness of exterior of the restaurant, and serving customers.

Commonly learned the newest additions to the menu and any promotions and fundraisers being held.

The hardest part of the job is during the morning/lunch rush when line-ups occur both in-store and drive-thru.

The most enjoyable part of the job is working along side great team members and guaranteeing every order is right.
fun work and challenging
Store Front Employee (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK3 August 2016
everyday is a challenge day for me and to my co-workers. everyday new people to encounter different behavior towards us. many things to learned how to make your work to be fun and not tiring because you enjoy working. management is not quite good because there's no appreciation towards us( employees) salary is we don't know what based on.most enjoyable part of job is more customers admire us and appreciate our hard work.
Pros
paid break
Fun workplace but not good enough salary.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 November 2016
fun work place, but the salary is a bit less. i learn to have a good customer service how to communicate with people, and be professional, management is really nice, the hard part is when customers are rude. most enjoyable part is serving and make the community happy.
Pros
50% discount for food, full time hours
Cons
rude customers sometimes