Tim Hortons Employee Reviews

Found 6,570 reviews matching the search
great company
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 March 2017
enjoyed working with everyone at Tim Hortons.
long hours of standing
staff discount
clean work area, and staff room
uniform provided
always on time with breaks
Pros
staff disscount
Cons
Just a job that sort of pays the bills
Tim Hortons Team Member (Current Employee) –  Nova Scotia23 March 2017
Management is okay. Owners do not care. There's no such thing as raises. You get paid minimum wage for an alright job but it pays most of the bills. In the economy we are in now most are lucky to even have a job. I would never recommend anyone to work here.
Very fast pace environment
Team member (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 March 2017
I learnt the high standards of food handling techniques. How much important it is to co-ordinate your activities with other team members to give the customers best of service.
Pros
free coffee
Dependent on Management
Shift Supervisor/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 March 2017
Work experience depends on management;

With the right managers your work days will be awesome.

Can get super tiresome as you're constantly on your feet and waking the floor with service and re-stocking as they get depleted but with the right co-workers, you don't feel a thing or easily forget the pain as you chat with them.
Pros
Discounted food & free beverages (hot beverages only)
Cons
discounts not as big
productive and fun
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB23 March 2017
Great place for young adults to start there careers at with flexible hours and room to grow and make friend. Great for students attending school and post secondary activites.
Was Worth The Expirience
Team Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON23 March 2017
It's most certainly an enjoyable place to work in a positive fast-paced atmosphere. I have no regrets from working there only that I'm not fit for it.
If you're someone who absolutely loves face-to-face interaction constantly for hours whilst making hot drinks, or if you want a secure position with guaranteed hours Timmies is great.
However if you are someone who prefers a calmer environment with a set list of clear instructions on tasks and a steadier pace look elsewhere.
Pros
Free Coffee, Tea. Interactions with some.
Cons
Effort goes unnoticed, one members constant mistake fall upon all else.
fun work enviroment
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON23 March 2017
typical day always included greeting the regulars and having their coffee ready for when they arrived.
I learned how to communicate better
the hardest part of the job is making sure your drive through times are always correct.
best part of that job was working with people I considered family!
Pros
free beverages
Cons
hard on your feet
Supervisor
Supervisor and Hostess (Former Employee) –  Moncton22 March 2017
I enjoyed this job and learned important skills as a supervisor, which helps with my overall work ethic. I enjoyed the extra responsibilities that came with the promotion.
It was a very busy every single day.
Supervisor and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Ottawa East, ON22 March 2017
Although it was busy, if you are working with a wonderful team time goes by quickly. It is enjoyable if you are up for a challenge. The only con is the fact that you would have to stand for long periods of time.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Great company to work for.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Stony Plain, AB22 March 2017
Fast paced environment, comfortable staff members and managers. It was a very healthy establishment to be in, socially, mentally, and physically. I would recommend it to anyone looking for work.
There is always something to do!
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 March 2017
A typical day at work, come in on time and clock in. I was able to learn on the floor first for my first shift ever, they teach you to make coffee, cold drinks, espresso's etc. Management could be a bit slack if you ask me, at least at the location I worked at. Workplace is very diverse, but sometimes people could be rude as well. Hardest part of my job was the environment, the tims I worked at was fairly small and it had both drive thru and the storefront it was very difficult to make moves around.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
Long Hours, Understaff
productive and fun workplace
Store Front (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON21 March 2017
Great environment, great team. Reasonable policies and rules made work very fast paced and productive.
Management was really inclusive and communicated with the team well. The most difficult part would be more so serving the actual customers rather than the work environment itself. (i.e. impatient or rude customers - you have to handle situations with patience and politeness)
Poor job, worse supervisors
Store Front Employee (Former Employee) –  Port Colborne, ON21 March 2017
In a typical day, I would be working either behind counter, or at drive-thru, serving customers. I have been trained to use their cash registers, debit machines, as well as counting money to make change.

I learned from this job that I am capable at working in fast paced, high stress work environments.

Management at Tim Hortons was poor, and changed frequently.

The overall work culture was quite toxic, and very unenjoyable. I truly believe that with friendly co-workers, even the worst job can be made more enjoyable.

The hardest part of the job for me was mesmerizing how to make everything, and having to work with people that I hated.

The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to serve the regulars, and start to know their orders by heart.
Pros
Free donuts, coffee, and iced coffee
Cons
Stressful, poor management, rude co-workers.
Fun environment.
Fast Food Attendant (Former Employee) –  Strathmore, AB21 March 2017
Employees are nice and easy to get along at store #3571 Strathmore AB. The owners are nice and easy to reach. I enjoy working there because of my fun colleagues and nice customers.
Good Place To Work Except
Food Counter Attendant (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB21 March 2017
it was a good place to work except for the other employees continuously talking to each other in different language that I didn't understand leaving me feeling alienated
A great place for your first job but be sure to leave for better things quickly!
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON21 March 2017
Loved my team, the coffee, and the location!
A great many Canadians love to hate Timmies. So be prepared take a fair amount of abuse just because you work there.
The franchisee sets the tone of their business. The few I have met want to take as much money out of the business as they can manage and view their employees as easily replaceable.
For those looking for a long term, permanent job, my experience was that loyalty and hard work were not rewarded.
To the best of my knowledge, Tim Horton's has never had a senior executive who worked their way up through the ranks.
Good for short term work
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 March 2017
Tim's is not a place for people who don't like to work long hours and have short breaks. Depending on the manager, you do get free lunches, but it's unhealthy over a period of time.

People suck, and the coffee will never be fresh for them.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Long Hours, Strict Breaks
good
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ontario21 March 2017
It was friendly, a completely new experience for me. Hours were amazing and pay. The lunchroom was very big and nice. Staff was very focused, good team skills.
productive and fun workplace
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON21 March 2017
I loved working at the tim hortons field. I was a general labour and a construction cleaner.. long hours but very good pay check always worked to my fullest potential for the company.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
bonuses
Its okay
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON21 March 2017
Working at Tim Horton's is just as exciting as it sounds. The staff was great and management would do anything to help you out. Working in a fast food restaurant wasn't the most glamorous job.