Tim Hortons Employee Reviews

Found 7,501 reviews matching the search
Staff is the only saving grace
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ON21 June 2017
Tim Horton's is an unintimate company to work for. There is little to zero communication between team members and the corporation, so most relevant issues fall to the store owner. Thus saying, the environment job-wise depends on whoever owns the franchise. That aside, if your manager sucks, your job will suck. Customers are excessively rude and obnoxious, the work is very fast paced, there are silly uniforms, unorthodox rules and regulations that are constantly changing, poor compensation, poor pay rates, poor benefits, discounts on items when you are on the clock only (you have to pay for what you take home), and I can't stress this enough, the customers are horrendous.
On the bright side, since behind the counter is such close quarters, you grow close to your teammates and if you get along, they make the days bearable.
fast paced workplace with flexible hours
Tim Hortons Team Member (Current Employee) –  Vernon, BC21 June 2017
lots of time spent on feet, short breaks, bad discounts. long after school hours making it really hard to balance homework and work. sometimes flexible with availability
Pros
free donuts?
Cons
long hours after school, hard to balance homework
Good Place to Work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 June 2017
Loved the team members that I was fortunate enough to work with in one of my first jobs and it provided me with a base knowledge and work ethic as well as experience
Illegal Activity
Baker (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON21 June 2017
Was denied sick days and time off. Was paid below minimum wage for 2 1/2 years. After threatening to quit was I finally given the wage that was promised. Poor working conditions and negative work atmosphere. Broke every food safety rule and lied and trick inspector for passing grade.
Pros
Cons
too many
Fun workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Signet, ON21 June 2017
- a typical day at work meant I always had something to do where I was cashing someone out, cleaning up the shop, taking out the garbage, or conversing with co-workers
- I learned how to comfortably talk to individuals with confidence and efficiently cash them out
- Co-workers were very friendly and easy going
- Management was not strict but still kept us employees in check in regards to getting us to do our job and coming to work on time
- hardest part of the job was trying to kill time because some days would get really slow and I'd have nothing to do
- the most enjoyable part was constantly interacting with people and I find that it was the friendly customers that kept me happy for the time being
Good team leading and time management.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 June 2017
Long shifts and lots of rushes. Some of my shifts were 10 hours.
-Many times we were so busy that I didn't go on break until 7 hours after I started.
-Barely received any training besides watching some videos which do nothing.
-Scheduling or hours were inconsistent.
Pros
Paid break
Cons
Fairly good place to work at
Storefront Worker (Former Employee) –  Stouffville, ON20 June 2017
Stouffville location is the only highlight. There isn't much advancement as you have to wait many years to become a supervisor or manager. Salary is minimum wage and there is a good work/life balance. I worked in Grade 9 and I had some shifts from 6 am. So be flexible with part time availability.
Environement de travail agreable et personnels exceptionee
Superviseure et caissiere (Current Employee) –  Sainte-Julienne, QC20 June 2017
J'y travail depuis 2 ans. Toute une experience qui en dit beaucoup. Nous apprenons à travailler avec rapidité et efficacité
Pros
Les employer
Cons
Le salaire, le gestion des horraire
Fun working with other team members
Tim Hortons Team Member (Former Employee) –  White Rock, BC20 June 2017
Working at Tim Hortons is a fun environment. You get to interact with team members, managers, and guests. I personally love working at Tim Hortons because the staff is really friendly and you become a family working there.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Complaining customers
Bad Experience
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Smiths Falls, ON20 June 2017
When I worked at Tim Horton I was treated unfairly and was always blamed for others mistakes. Met new people and gained job experience. Although I was given a hard time I'm glad that I was .gave the chance to gather some work experience
Pros
Discouts while working
Cons
Needed better trainers.
Fast-paced, aggressive and rather toxic, but makes you quick on your feet.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Porters Lake, NS20 June 2017
The experience I had here was negative unfortunately but some people really enjoyed it. Personally though, the manager was verbally negative and physically aggressive (shoving and such). I don't hear many positive reviews about the Porters Lake Tim Hortons and I sadly have to agree that it was a rather toxic work environment. The scheduling was poor, the staff were cold and 'cliquey'. Tips were really great though, and getting to know the regulars was fun.
Pros
The regular customers being kind.
Cons
The staff, scheduling, and environment overall.
Oui
Service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC20 June 2017
Oui cetais agréable!mais jetait très malade alors j'ai pris un congé deux semaines et le doctor ma dit de pas faire kes chose lourde!
Pros
Les cafés
Cons
Y'a n'a pas de points négatifs
Basic job
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON20 June 2017
Tim Horton's is a go to. Walk in and start right away type of place. You can request certain hours. It good for people with kids who need stability on type of hours they work.
Pros
easy
Cons
wage
Working as a team member
Tim Hortons Team Member (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON20 June 2017
Working as a team member to provide great service for the customers coming in for the best of the ability. Providing fast service and working at a fast pace to provide great service and provide the fast food name.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Very busy and hectic
rather work retail or business..
Tim Hortons Team Member (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 June 2017
Management and Employees in some locations.... >:( ....Try to find a franchise that actually cares about the integrity and reputation of Tim Hortons...the irony is that may be hard to find :/
Pros
Few friendly managers (fake.. though)
Cons
Coming off rude for no reason...
sws
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB20 June 2017
its honestly not a great place to work. a lot of expectations that go far far far beyond your job description. why am i working 11 hour days when it isnt needed?
Fun and energetic place to work
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Mitchell, ON19 June 2017
As a starter job the atmosphere was fun and energetic, the staff is friendly and willing to help, management is flexible and is willing to help you with whatever you need
Great first job
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON19 June 2017
Tim Hortons is a great introduction to the working field. The fast paced environment, relying on other team members helps to promote growth and character.
Pros
discounted lunches and free hot beverages
Cons
standing for long hours
Pas de changement d'horraire
Baker (Former Employee) –  St.-Sauveur, QC19 June 2017
Depuis Janvier 2009, j'était sur le quart de travail de nuit, et j'ai rarement eu le poste désirer. Une fois quand sa fesait 3, ou 4 mois que je travaillait de soir, me patrone ma demander si je pouvais aller sur le quart de nuit pour dépaner. Un ans plus tard, j'était encore sur le quart de nuit. Quand j'ai démissioné, elles était surprises.
Pros
Du bon monde
Cons
Toujours de nuits
it was okay until the owners changed
Store Front (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL19 June 2017
once it switched owners is when i didnt enjoy my time working. work was long, hours were cut, management and team were great. most enjoyable experience was the people

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tim Hortons. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval