Tim Hortons

Tim Hortons Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
fun
Food Service Supervisor (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 24, 2015
Free coffee and donuts! i really enjoyed working with all the employee. Its a routine job but the time go so fast with it's so busy but i love it.
fun serving differnt customer
Cashier (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: 50 % of lunch
Cons: realiable hours
I enjoy working with different ethnics people and working with customer service. I have a good time working in this company.
great job
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: people and staff
Cons: standing long periods of time
I enjoyed working with the staff and serving the customers. I enjoyed the hours and I could do my job very efficiently. The instructions on how to perform the job were very well explained.
Hard-working, team-work and best customer service
Supervisor (Former Employee), north battleford, skFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: free food
Cons: as a supervisor need to stay suddenly at any indefinite period in order to maintain customer service
It was great fun at work. all were working in team. Trying to help each other while more busy. Hard work and precision is in the base of all concept.
Fast pace Environment with wonderful people
Cashier (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: busy most of the time.
Cons: short of staff.
It is a fun workplace and your co-workers are willing to help you when you need help. Although it does get busy at times, you get to improve your speed and compete with yourself to do things more faster and improve your communication skills. The hardest part of the job is sometimes we are short of staff and we have to pick up the pace and work double hard to clear the line. But I am still able to manage it because you get the flow going.
Fun workplace
Store Front Clerk (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 23, 2015
Working at Tim's is a fun experience. All the staffs are really friendly and the supervisors really know what they're doing. Everyone is working together as a team.
Productive place to work
StoreFront (Former Employee), Winnipeg,MBFebruary 23, 2015
Upon arriving at work I stocked cups,milk,cream,sugar prepared coffee & tea. I learned customer service skills and working as a team. As for management it was fairly acceptable. Loved each and every co-worker, very respectful and loved them like family. The hardest part of the job was dealing with difficult customers and being in the downtown environment. My most enjoyable part of my job was seeing all the wonderful regular customers as well as my team members.
Service with a smile, speedy also, we are a good team
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Montréal, QCFebruary 23, 2015
It is such a pleasure to work at Tim's, a rare opportunity, and certainly advancement, which is how I see my career blossoming.
Safe and productive work place
Cashier (Former Employee), ScarboroughFebruary 22, 2015
This is a place that will give you a chance with little to no experience required and educate you in the field.

You will learn how to work as a team as wellas by your self.
Some people ruin the job
team member (Former Employee), Georgetown, ONFebruary 22, 2015
If you love talking to people this job i great, luckily I am a people person. However some people can still manage to ruin your day with unseen levels of arrogance and insults. Still, with flexible hours and chances to advance its a good starter job, or even long term as they have benefits. Ultimately, fast food is not for me though.
Productive and fun workplace
Team Member (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCFebruary 21, 2015
tim hortons is a fun work place to get gain more experience as you are starting. it is kind of tiring but the environment is fun
baker
Baker (Former Employee), Shediac, NBFebruary 21, 2015
i was responcible for baking product like donuts,muffins,cookies and pies and cakes.some of the mixes had to be made from scrache as well as making glaze for the donuts
productive and a fun place to work.
Cashier (Former Employee), Thompson ,MBFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: dicounted meals
Cons: long hours, 6-7 days a week
On a typical day I would take the customers order and serve the customer their beverages and/or food. What i learned while working at Tim hortons is to handle the cashier, deal with the customers and to handle a hard situation properly when dealing with a unhappy costumer.

My manager and co-works at the time were hard working and amazing to work with. The hardest part of the job i would say was working 6-7 days a week but the most enjoyable part was meeting my co-workers and gaining the expeirence from the job.
Productive, professional atmosphere
Store Front (Former Employee), Brantford, ONFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: around the corner
Cons: long hours
Make coffee for custmers
I learned interpersonal and personal people skills
Managment was very professional
Co-workers were amazing
Hardest part was the early mornings
Being around people
learned communication between customers
Cashier (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 20, 2015
it was hard for me to work their first time. but i learned a lot about communication,cashier, and prepared inventory for following day.
Flexible and fast-paced environment
Team Member & Supervisor (Current Employee), Mount Forest, ON & Waterloo, ONFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: flexible, friendly
Cons: poor pay, shift work
Typical day involves serving customers and preparing food & drinks. Aside from learning how to make different drinks and foods, I also learned many personal skills. These skills include time management & conflict resolution. The management at this company is very flexible and worked great with my school schedule and different hours. My co-workers are definitely the best part of this job, they make work fun and enjoyable. The hardest part of the job is dealing with customer complaints. As a supervisor, I regularly dealt with any issues that arose. Although it can be very difficult dealing with angry & frustrated customers, it helped me develop patience and taught me the correct ways to handle this type of situation.
fast paced
RESTAURANT MANAGER (Current Employee), Milton, ONFebruary 19, 2015
high demand mentally, emotionally, physically
unrealistic demands
no consistancy
hard to keep motivated or challenged
the feeling of being taken advantage of for little worth
Good Customer service
Team Member (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 19, 2015
Exceptionally well customer service.
good work environment
cooperative staff
Efficient service
Distinguised personality of people
Learnt different languages
Fun, fast paced and great people
Storefront/cashier (Current Employee), Dunvagen, ONFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: free hot beverages and showcase items
Cons: asked too much for too little wages
A typical work day starts by talking with your co-workers catching up on all the new events and products. Then we work as a team to give the best customer service we are able to provide. Lastly we work as a team to keep the store clean and stocked. I learned many things here however i will only name a few. I have learnt a lot about patience, communication skills. I have learnt that not everyone learns the same way in the workplace and that patience is a virtue when training co-workers.I have also been able to greatly improve my communication skills with others, not only towards co-workers but management as well, it is very important to be able to communicate appropriately and effectively towards all colleagues. The best part about my job was my colleagues, you spend a lot of time with them and so I always try and stay positive and upbeat to create a fun and effective work environment. The hardest part of the job would have been some of the physical requirements when I was a baker. However there were only a few items which I found too heavy and therefore it wasn't all that bad. The most enjoyable part of this particular job is the "regulars" the people you serve, sometimes daily, and you know you're making their day just by handing them a coffee.
Enjoyable and keeps you busy
Store front / Baker (Former Employee), st thomas ontFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: alot of extra shifts avail work with the public
Typical day working at Tim Hortons is fast paced.Get t o meet alot of different people. Ilearned how to do the baking part and different ways to do things i didn't know how was done previously before working in this kind of enviroment. the people I worked w ith were easy to get along with and careing i love working in a team oriented place.i would have to say the ahrdest part of the job was when i did a few days shift of baking very demanding but did pretty good at keeping up with the demand.

1 2 3 4 5

About Tim Hortons

Tim Hortons Inc. is a Canadian fast casual restaurant known for its coffee and doughnuts. It is also Canada's largest fast food – Read more