Tim Hortons Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
fun at work
Team member (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONMay 2, 2016
it is a fastest pace environment can learn many new things..can learn how to tackle with people and get high positive energy.
busy and fun work place.
Crew Member (Former Employee), Woodstock, ONMay 2, 2016
Pros: 50% off food during break and 20% off during non working hours
Cons: long hours, busy days
great job if want to keep busy and meet people of all personality types. they will give you the training you need to get the job done right. costumers are your top priority and if anyone makes a mistake and the costumers requests it to be fix just fix it... saves everyone the headache.
Position as a Customer Service Representative
Supervisor - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMay 2, 2016
Good place to start work
Flexible hours
Friendly staff
Great marketing strategies
fast paced environment
not good for long run
Great experience at Tim hortons
Food Counter Attendant (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 1, 2016
Pros: experience, engaging with customers
Cons: long hours, standing job
It was a great experience, i learned how to do customer service. The environment and co-workers were very friendly. The hardest part was standing and working for long hours. The most enjoyable part was seeing the customers happy.
fun
QC (Former Employee), Dollard-Des Ormeaux, QCMay 1, 2016
good place to work i made a lot of friends and one of which is my best friend now, just make sure u have comfortable shoes on
its fun cz i used to work and when it got boring i just ate
It was alright
Cashier (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 1, 2016
The hours were terrible for a student, other than that overall it wasn't too bad. Pay was above minimum wage and the people there were great.
a very productive and fun place to work at
Supervisor (Former Employee), Kamloops, BCMay 1, 2016
Staff and management were good to work with. Meeting new customers and getting to know them was the best part of the job. Learning different areas of the company was very beneficial so you can grow within the company.
fast paced environment with possiblity of future advancements
Storefront (Former Employee), Thunder Bay, ONMay 1, 2016
Pros: free lunch
Cons: other employees
my coworkers were unmanageable, but overall the job was awesome. I learned many valuable customer service skills, had great benefits limned up, and liked the work. i couldnt stay due to all the petty highschool drama though.
It is fun working at Timmys
Food Service Supervisor (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKApril 30, 2016
Everyday is busy day but I love my job, I enjoy serving people and giving them a fast and friendly service, I am happy to see that my customers are satisfied and happy with our service.
A great place to learn new things
Cashier/Baker (Former Employee), Windsor, ONApril 29, 2016
A day at work was a fast paced but great place to work. When I was at Tim Hortons I learned how to get the soup, and chilli ready for the day, prepare deli for the customers, bake and decorate bakery goods, cashier, drive through, keep the work place a clean environment, become a team player. I really enjoyed working with the management team and co-workers. The hardest part of the job was working in a fast pace place but I picked that up pretty quickly. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the people and for the people and learning new things
Cashier/Baker (Former Employee), Windsor, ONApril 29, 2016
A typical day at work was, a learning experience. Almost every day I learned something new. I learned how to do deli preparation for customers, decorating donuts, and other pastry, drive through, cashier, making sure that the work area was always kept clean, work as a team player, preparing the soups and chili daily for the day. I really enjoyed working with the management team and the co- workers. The hardest part was the fast paste but with in time I learned how to deal with fast paste that was recommended. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning new things and working with the management and co-workers
I don't regret working at Tim Hortons
Team Member (Former Employee), Belleville, ONApril 29, 2016
Pros: Being a part of a team
Cons: Low wage
Working at Tim Hortons is guaranteed to be fast paced and provide plenty of examples of what not to do as a customer. Learning to provide friendly and efficient customer service, prepare food, maintain a clean working station, and prioritize are only some of the skills you learn on the job. All of these skills are also put to use every day on the job.
Management was great. They knew what they were doing, were realistic about employee limitations, and most importantly they were not afraid to jump in and help out the workers if they were getting overwhelmed by a sudden rush.
Co-workers are team members. And like all team members, you find yourself become good at working together as well as friends. Years after leaving Tim Hortons, I remain friends with some of my former co-workers.
Hardest part of the job is dealing with unreasonable customers. You learn how to appropriately treat them and help them leave satisfied.
Most enjoyable part of the job is working with people your age (as a student), as well as having flexible hours.
Busy days and lots of laughs with coworkers and customers.
Food Counter Assistant / Supervisor (Current Employee), Banff, AlbertaApril 28, 2016
The store is really busy, which I thrive on.
Working at Tims I enjoy remembering our regular guest's orders and building a rapport with them!
Being trained how to be a baker, then a supervisor after 4 months is definitely something I appreciate everyday, and I work hard to earn that. Now I can multitask and help out in FOH and BOH.
Fun and energetic work environment
Supervisor (Former Employee), Chatham-Kent, ONApril 28, 2016
Baked and prepared goods, Provided excellent customer service, managed co-workers and created a safe and fun work environment. I also counted tills and balanced the incoming money for each shift I worked. I created learning and work goals for each employee to complete which contributed to greater Drive-Thru times and happier customers. I ensured all food and beverages were fresh and prepared to Tim Horton's Standard.
It had great values and a great sense of caring for our customers.
Commis (Former Employee), Trois-Rivières, QCApril 28, 2016
Pros: Fun environment. Nice supervisors and good teamwork.
Cons: Stressful rush time.
I was really impressed by the care that Tim Hortons caries towards its customers. They are also very thorough with maintaining the restaurant safe and clean. They are willing to satisfy every customer by offering the most fresh products they can offer.
Fast paced Environment
Supervisor (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 28, 2016
Pros: free lunches, paid breaks
Everyday is a different day it never stays same always new customers and always learning new ways to approach situations. in order to enjoy work you need to think on your feet and prevent accidents and always ensure the guest has an ultimate experience.
Awful place to work.
Cashier/Drive (Former Employee), Collingwood, ONApril 28, 2016
Pros: free coffee, tea, hot chocolate
Cons: management, not enough hours for working
walk to work at 6:30am get there for 7:00am And put my hair net on and then go out punch in on the register and put pots of coffee on and brew them and then I would if there were people came in i would serve them asking them politely what i can get for them.
and they would tell me the coffee or donuts sandwiches etc. then i would got home after work 8 hours only on weekends.
For a first experience it isnt that bad
Caissière & travaillé (Former Employee), Montréal, QCApril 28, 2016
Pros: free lunchs
Cons: too many costumers
It is not that hard , you just have to be fast while you are working. I learned how to be patient and help the people around me. The management is pretty good. My co-workers are excellent and have a lot of fun . The hardest part of the job is sometimes when you don’t understand your costumer and you are trying to help him. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with funny people
Fun workplace to work with team and serving number of customers daily
Counter Sales and Cahier (Former Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONApril 27, 2016
Pros: Free Hot Drinks And Deserts
Cons: Long contant standing hours
A fast-paced workplace to work with the team. The accuracy of orders and time management is a key to best customer service. Serving the neighbourhood is the best part as you meet your customer on the regular basis and know about their demands. While working at such place one learns to work in a team. Worked there with the wonderful team. The hardest part of the job is long standing hours.
Enjoyable workplace with a great manager
Team Member (Former Employee), Baden, ONApril 27, 2016
Pros: Good Co-Workers
Serving customers
Cleaning the Store
Moving boxes of stock goods
Helping co-workers prepare food and serve customers

Learned how to act quickly with others effectively
Headquarters