Tim Hortons

Tim Hortons Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fast paced work enviroment
Supervisor (Former Employee), ONApril 17, 2015
Pros: Staff and customers
Cons: afternoon shift
Being a supervisor was awesome. My staff got their work done on time and efficient. I loved coming into work and seeing my regular customers.
All Around Tim Hortons
Customer Service (Former Employee), Angus, ONApril 16, 2015
Pros: Flexible Hours
Cons: Drama
Tim Hortons is a great first job. It is awesome if you are a fast learner but you may have difficulties if you are slow. The duties range from food prep, pouring coffee, and mopping floors. The co-workers were okay.. There tended to be a lot of drama in the work place and the older full-time workers were not fond of the students. The hardest part of the job was learning sandwich bar and the most enjoyable part of the job was working with all the students and gaining the first time job experience.
The people make it or break it
Store Team Member (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONApril 16, 2015
Pros: Free snacks/hot drinks, flexible schedule
Cons: Short-staffed, frustrating working conditions i.e. little ventilation, equipment breaking down, running out of supplies or product, stressed co-workers
Typical day: hectic. Customers do not listen to what you are saying or mumble everything and then get mad when they did not receive what they ordered even though you repeated their order back to them and they agreed. Learning: Once you get the hang of it you have the hang of it, or you don't and should find a new job. Co-workers: I like most of my co-workers, it is a downer when they complain all day. Hardest part of the job: Being short-staffed. Most enjoyable: Working with my co-workers, those nice customers who brighten your day and are sincere, when the pace is steady and not ridiculously slow or busy
PRODUCTIVE
cashier (Current Employee), Edmonton,ABApril 16, 2015
Pros: free food
Cons: Long hours
It was a great experience in providing service to customers.My co-workers were very helping.Enjoyed alot! Mostly enjoyable part when staff is full & Everyone do his job properly
Tim Hortons
Storefront Staff (Current Employee), Stoney CreekApril 16, 2015
Pros: 60% off when working
Cons: Stressful
Working at Tim Hortons is a good experience to all wanting to get a part time only job. It can be sometimes stressful working here, only because you never know when a rush is going to come through the door. Overall its worth the experience
bad management, bad pay, bad employer.
Team Member (Former Employee), Selkirk, MBApril 16, 2015
Pros: free doughnuts
Cons: no lunch break, no raises, take $1 off every paycheque without permission, no sick days (even if your in the hospital), only got good hours if they like you.
get to work, had to have every part of uniform (otherwise written up and/or sent home), go to the same station that you have been on for the last 6 months, serve customers, clean, stock, get yelled at for getting done early and helping someone else, get yelled at if your behind for not helping others. management was confusing, could never get messages from head office to management to team members clearly and on time. most co-workers were good to work with, management and morning staff was hard to get along with. hardest part is lunch time rush and people yelling. enjoyable part was my last day, they baked a cake and made lasagna. No joke,
Very busy work environment, requires a lot of team work
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), Gueph, ONApril 16, 2015
Pros: Free Food
Cons: Hours
A typical day at work would be serving customers, take their orders, make the order and serve it. Stock and clean stations. Management is very supportive and encouraging. They make sure every employee is doing their job safely. My co-workers get along with me very well since I always try to help them with their duties and jobs. The hardest part of the job is multitasking, but since I have been working there for long time I am very good at multitasking now. The part that I enjoy the most is interacting with customers and communicating with them. I enjoy my work and I always try to give my best customer service.
Fun fast paced
Supervisor (Current Employee), Ajax, ONApril 16, 2015
Pros: long hours
Cons: rude customers
It was awesome working there. Met a lot of great people, who became family. I worked the 6AM-3PM shift. I learned that working in a team setting means that everyones ideas and opinions are valid. My managers and owners are awesome. Made it so much easier to work there. The most enjoyable day was the customers who make it worth it and comment on how your store is running. The hardest part of the job is to help people regain focus and always stay on track.
Busy work with many responsibilities
Baker (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBApril 15, 2015
Pros: Never boring, always had something to do
Cons: Always running around, it gets tiring
The typical day was busy, preparing food to ensure all the shelves are stocked. Not only that, but all the storefront employees would call back to the bakers for any item they needed, which we would then need to get for them. There would usually be 3 of us in the back but we were expected to make due with just 2. We would also need to record everything we prepared or sent to the front. We would also need to record the temperature of all temperature sensitive items (ensuring chicken was cooked or the soup was hot enough). Also, regular cleaning of the kitchen was required to prevent contamination. Every morning was very busy so juggling these tasks kept us running around all day. Strong communication between bakers was needed to ensure product was not prepared or recorded more than once. Furthermore, we would help each other out so we could complete all of our tasks efficiently. When the rush ended, we would clean the heavy-duty equipment and floors of the kitchen, while still completing or other duties.

The skills I learned the most from this are time management and working as a team. Time management was essential to complete all of the tasks for the day, it was easy to fall behind on work and it would then become very difficult to catch up. One way we were able to effectively complete all of our tasks was to work with my co-workers to avoid redundancy. If one baker was recording product, he or she would usually also record product that the other bakers needed to record, but were too busy to at the moment.

I felt that management was generally not very supportive of the – more... staff. They were quick to scold us and rarely praised us. This was especially demoralizing because I felt we were all working very hard.

I very much enjoyed working with my co-workers. The other bakers were friendly, funny and really helped me complete my tasks at work. The storefront employees were also very friendly, I felt that I could talk to any of my co-workers. I still talk to some of my co-workers.

The hardest part of my job was simply keeping on top of everything. It was very busy and we had a lot of responsibilities. The bakers were always running around in the back. The work wasn't particularly hard, but it was plentiful and time-consuming.

The most enjoyable part of the job was when we did a job well done. If we managed to keep the store stocked up fully, never missed a call from the front, recorded everything perfectly and kept the kitchen spotless, then I went home with a great feeling and very satisfied. However, sometimes I felt like I deserved recognition for work which I considered above and beyond, though I didn't always receive it. – less
fun work place
Team Member (Current Employee), Calgary, ABApril 15, 2015
a typical day at work would start of by singing in and then coming out to the front floor and get your area stocked and ready to go. My co- workers are really nice and fun to work with, my job is easy not that hard i know what Im doing and Im sure to make it right and the most enjoyable part of y job is when i work with my co- workers i know them really well and its fun working with them.
night shifter
Tim Hortons (Former Employee), St. John's, NLApril 15, 2015
it was fun met alot of new people and the hardest part was tiying to get everything done and serve customers at the same time the money wasnt bad but it wasnt good ethier
Productive work place, great staff
Team Member (Current Employee), Uxbridge, ONApril 14, 2015
Pros: 50% break food on shift
Cons: Hard to work around school and other jobs
I think Tim Hortons is a great company to work with in general, the staff at the Uxbridge location are very open and accepting to new staff. The majority of management is very nice and easy to get along with. I learned how attitude can make a difference. The hardest part of the job would probably be the non flexible hours to those with out a licence and those in school. My favourite part of working in the Uxbridge Tim Hortons are the people I meet when on the job.
Bad
Part time Associate (Current Employee), Paris, ONApril 14, 2015
Pros: I suppose its a job..
Cons: Long hours, work you as much as they can, give you less than standard break times, job inherently sucks
Tim Hortons does not care about their employees. After being recognized by head office for exceptional customer service I received a famed "gold card".. Containing 10 dollars on it. I think that just about tells you everything you need to know about the company.
Busy with new experiences everyday
Store Front (Current Employee), Lower Sackville, NSApril 14, 2015
Pros: Seeing the regular customers and learning about their everyday lives
Cons: being stuck with the stereotype of a student part time worker: Incompetent
I usually start working at 7 am, where I will start off by helping out with the morning rush of customers for breakfast. After breakfast calms down I bake the food for the store, and keep track of inventory out back. I sweep and mop, do dishes, count tips, do tills when asked or needed, can be trusted to over see other employees if a manager is not on shift, and I have to set up the baking station for the next shift coming on. I have learned a lot working at Tim Horton's over the last five years, like how to respond to difficult situations. I am able to calmly diffuse a lot of situations that may seem as though they could get worse. I am more understanding now of other part time workers, which has led me to be more patient than I have ever been. Management is perfect for me, going to school full time and still having to work, its been very easy to create a schedule that works for me and my store. The hardest part of my job would be getting yelled at for multiple things that I have no control over, if our icecap machine breaks, our internet is down, if a shipment of a particular tea hasn't come in, etc. I have learned to not take it personally and to let the customer explain why they are mad or frustrated, and to then allow them to either receive information from myself or my manager. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to interact with most of the customers that come in on a daily basis, mainly because you build a connection with them. To the point where you learn about their families, their wives, their pets, and just how their days are going in general. Although everyday isn't as enjoyable as most, working here has taught me many things about myself and has allowed me to obtain certain skills I wouldn't have gained anywhere else.
first canadian job
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Burlington, ONApril 14, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: work is boring
Great place for a first job. Learn and understand about Canadians love for coffee and donuts. Taught me basic skills to survive on my own in Canada.
good atmosphere for work
Cashier (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBApril 14, 2015
management staff is always ready help , helpful collegue on work,nicely working with them ,the most thing is i am enjoying my work as well.
Was a very busy place to work, but the hours were great.
Cashier (Former Employee), Beaverton, ONApril 14, 2015
Pros: Meeting new people, long hours
Cons: Busy, long hours
I really enjoyed working at Tim Hortons. A typical day at work always flew by because it was so busy all of the time. I learned a lot of my people skills and how to treat customers as this was my first job. Management was considerate and very nice for the most part. The hardest part was when the line was endless and you got behind. It would be impossible to catch up without some assistance. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with a great group of girls that always made me laugh.
fast pace eviroment with an up beat atmosphere.
Hostess/Cashier (Former Employee), Dartmouth, NSApril 14, 2015
Pros: free hot beverages
Cons: hot work enviroment
while being employed at Tim Hortons I made sure to keep a tight schedule as I worked the early morning shift and was responsible for prepping the store front to open for the day. Where Tim Hortons thrives to maintain a positive customer service reputation in such a high passé and stressful setting, I've learned to buckle down in tough situations and team up with my co-workers to finish the job in a fashionable manner. Management was frequently around to jump in and help out at any time necessary and maintained a positive relationship with all staff. The hardest part of the job was performing at your max potential in the small quarters and with the excess amount of heat while keeping a smile on your face. With the awesome atmosphere among the co-workers of the malls cafeteria so tightly knit, it was very enjoyable to work with them as you would get to know them on more of a personal level.
Not the best.
Team Member (Former Employee), Elmira ONApril 14, 2015
Pros: Nice location, friendly people, free coffee.
Cons: unevenly distributed work load, bad hours.
A typical day at work consisted of Cleaning, prepping, stocking, and ensuring the customer was served. I made coffee, (of course) accepted and handled payments via cash or credit/debit interact machines, as well as other tasks such as recycling and washing of utensils/machines. All in all, I would say I learned what a good day's work was. It was A somewhat enjoyable experience knowing that I did a satisfactory job, although not enjoying the job itself. Management-wise, I found that it was generally unsatisfactory and ''blotchy'' if you will. It consisted of a lot of changes in scheduling (i.e switching people from one shift to a different shift throughout the week) as well as the fact the management was always changing to begin with. I'm not going to lie, my co-workers seemed pretty lazy too me. especially when they would take naps in the one spot where there was no camera during a night shift. There were a select few that actually did there job well. I would personally say the hardest part of the job was ''rush'' hour, When there would be a large amount of people coming in all at once, generally in the early morning. Unfortunately, I cannot say there were any enjoyable parts. the only one that comes to mind is when my shift was done.
Fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Abbotsford, BCApril 14, 2015
learned how to operate cash register. Communicated with customers daily. It was a great place to work. Mangers were nice and understanding.

1 2 3 4 5

About Tim Hortons

Tim Hortons Inc. is a Canadian fast casual restaurant known for its coffee and doughnuts. It is also Canada's largest fast food – Read more