Tim Hortons Employee Reviews

Found 5,800 reviews matching the search
great people horrible bosses
Baker (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON4 December 2016
co workers are awesome bosses think nightshift can do a million things i undersatnd going the extra mile but an extra 10 every step is alittle much from one shift.
Pros
great people
Cons
over worked
Also a great place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Fort Frances, ON4 December 2016
I also really enjoyed working here.
The people I worked with were very friendly and fun to work with.
My favourite part of working here was the interaction with the customers.
Uncooperative
Front Counter Staff (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON3 December 2016
Management at the Tim Hortons I worked for, were not very understanding when it came to medical issues. I resigned my position and was finishing my two weeks when on one of the days I was too sick to come in and the manager texted me that I didn't need to come back. Not very professional firstly, and second, I could't help being sick.
Fast paced and positive environment.
SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON3 December 2016
One day of work at Tim Hortons is much like any other. Day to day you take customers orders, make drinks and/or sandwiches, and do various cleaning and maintenance jobs to help the store run smoothly.
As my first job it was a great learning experience. I learned how to resolve conflict and work well in a team. Later how to lead a team and run a shift.
The hardest part of the job is keeping up to date with the constantly changing policy and menu they're always adapting and changing products and getting rid of things from the menu.
Pros
Free coffee on your break.
Cons
High turnover, you're always training new people and losing good ones.
Many different positions we're given to me so i could learn different tasks i
Tim Hortons Team Member (Former Employee) –  Dieppe, NB2 December 2016
At Tim Hortons, i worked mostly making sandwiches and working cash also was stocking and cleaning. While working at tims i learnt many things about jobs that i didnt know and also made a lot of friends through-out my stay at Tims.
Pros
50% off while working
Cons
Never the same hours
Very productive work place!
Store Front/ Drive Thru (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON2 December 2016
Would have loved to stay but hours were cut into short 3 hour shifts and was not worth the commute unfortunately. Another job opportunity presented its self closer to home with longer shifts.
Being heard is difficult
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON1 December 2016
I worked for a married couple- who now own 4 locations.
The team that I worked with was an excellent team. The owners - granted they were the owners and it was their say, and their say only, had a difficult time when it came to working with the supervisors and managers.

Unfortunately, there is a lack of ownership when it comes to responsibility and the fingers to judge fly fast.

The team I got to work with was amazing. For some, this is their very first job, and to be able to assist into molding them for the future, that's something huge ad very effective in someone else's life.

Do to difficult circumstances, I had to leave the company- but it's one that I dreamed of pursuing a lot further than just a shift manager
keeps you busy for the whole shift
Cashier/Stock/Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Colwood, BC1 December 2016
typically over night shift workers do a lot of the cleaning and sanitizing as well as starting up the baking for the morning shifts, I learned that its more than just standing around and taking orders at tim hortons the hardest part would have been just trying to balance the cleaning and sanitizing with serving costumers at the same time especially on the busy nights
the most enjoyable part is when I got off for an obvious reason being it was over nights
Pros
Employee Discount
Cons
discount only applies to things behind the counter
Enjoy my work
Food Service Attendant(Cashier) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 December 2016
I always learn with fun and do best for company growth . I provided always best customer service and got much experience to handle variety of customers.
Awesome team but poor management
Store Front (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 December 2016
I was actually working with an awesome team but the management is really bad, they always change the schedule without letting you know, cut our discounts, they are really rude with us. Once the owner came in and started threatening employee because we could answer her questions the way she wanted it.
Cons
no more discounts, bad management
Its very helpful for knowing people very well
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC1 December 2016
I learned the communication with the people and also with co-workers.Management is so good here.The hardest part of the work is handling the people who are in bad mood.
Pros
free lunches
it's ok
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 December 2016
very busy store. you'll like t if your co-workers are nice and hard working but if not, you might give up easily. But it is a greatplace to train your customer service skills
Fact paced environment.
Cashier/ Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 December 2016
It was an OK job experience as a new comer to Canada. The job teaches you discipline and team playing skills. You become multitask and skilled in handling high volumes of tasks under pressure
productive
Server (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON1 December 2016
I think Tim Horton's was overall a good first job experience and i recommend it to anyone who is looking for a first job. They give great training and you get a free coffee after every shift
Pros
free coffee
Fast paced, busy environment
Part-time (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC30 November 2016
Always got along with my coworkers. Got to provide customer service and be the face people see when you give them their morning coffee. The managers were flexible with my schedule and worked around it. I got 2nd, 3rd, and thickness burns on my foot from a fresh pot of coffee so that was the most difficult thing for me was trying to get back in the groove after the experience.
Strict and uncompromising
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, ON30 November 2016
I have worked at my job at Tim Hortons for a while now. I've exceeded in what I do and feel as though its never enough. I've recently noticed management isn't very helpful or better yet understanding that being a manager means dealing with issues and concerns. Tim Hortons puts out applications saying we work around your life schedule but they do not. Special people get worked around not the rest. The owners haven't a clue what's going on.
Pros
Christmas bonus
Cons
Long shifts, cranky people, too many chiefs not enough Indians syndrome.
Fast Pace Environment with Friendly Colleagues
Tim Hortons Team Member (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 November 2016
Need to be able to work under pressure, and make sure you always have a big smile. The manager might be a little rough and demanding sometimes, but your colleagues are your best friends, and most of them will help you out. Not a lot of promoting opportunities unless you are working full-time. The hardest part of the job would be having to continuously take orders from different people with different needs. Sometime if you're not quick enough, customers who are in a hurry might rush you, and you tend to make mistakes under such pressure. This gets better with more experience while working there. The best part is to be able to see and sometimes communicate with different people.
Pros
50% off Tim Hortons purchases
Cons
The manager picks who gets to do the window cleaning
Workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON30 November 2016
Workplace was great and clean. It was a amazing experience working for Tim Horton's, being able to make some of the treats and beverages that I like to eat and drink when I visit Tim Horton's
Pros
great manager
Cons
cliches
nice people
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC30 November 2016
the people are great the work is great I loved my job but I only got 1 sometimes 2 or 3 4 hour shifts a week I cant support my family with that amount of money
great team bring great team leaders and friendly environement
RESTAURANT Manager Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC30 November 2016
looking for something more challenging now ,I would like to bring my experience to another level and share my knowlege, with others . ...........................