Tim Hortons

3.9K reviews

Tim Hortons Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Hard as well as enjoyable job
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Toronto downtownAugust 26, 2015
Pros: free lunch and employee discounts
Cons: less hours
I learned many things like time management and culture management from that job. All the employees were from different nations. Morning time was the hardest part of the job because you have to give fast and accurate service to the customer in less time. Sometimes, we celebrated some special days that was most enjoyable part of the job.
Fun and fast paced
Management level supervisor (Former Employee), RenfrewAugust 26, 2015
staff is everything, you will make tons of friends behind and in front of the counter. fast paced and will make the day fly by.
Very enjoyable but not well paid.
Front End Cashier (Former Employee), Clarenville, NLAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Great lunch options.
Cons: Low salary.
I really enjoyed my work here. I learned to work hard, be accurate and really pay attention when dealing with the public. They worked well with my schedule and Management really appreciated my work ethic.
staff makes sure to always evaluate our new product knowledge ... which increases our expertice in helping our customers
SERVER, CASHIER (Current Employee), brooks.albertaAugust 25, 2015
Pros: having different duties everyday and interacting with customers
Cons: none
i learned organizing a business .each person has a daily job requirement and they keep it fun by switching it up.. also being tested in our new product knowledge
Fun
front counter (Former Employee), Nanaimo, BCAugust 25, 2015
Pros: Friendly work place
Cons: night shifts
I had a good experience in Tim Horton in Nanaimo B.C. The co-workers were helpful. The manager were professional and helpful too.
sales in food produce
Trainer/Customer Service (Former Employee), maple ridge bcAugust 25, 2015
was a great experience have me trained in work in a busy place also have skills for other opportunities . have me work in team work also be more great at customers
Fast pace
Crew Member (Current Employee), Ajax, ONAugust 24, 2015
Pros: 40% off food
Cons: Always on your feet, taking orders.
Managers are intimidating at first. I've noticed everyone here is a bit older than usual. Most retired people work at my location, a few young people.
Fast paced
Commis/Caissier (Former Employee), Montreal,qcAugust 24, 2015
Pros: fun team
Cons: the uniform is ugly
long hour of work doing a lot of coffee and serving donut witrh although a fun and young team, and you can learn how to stress manage ment yourself
Busy, but great work environment
Store Front Employee (Former Employee), Whitby, ONAugust 23, 2015
Pros: Discounts on Tim Hortons items
Cons: Chaos
I have learned that Tim Hortons is a major Canadian enterprise that has many customers, and the workday is very busy and fast paced. With the right co-workers, it can be very enjoyable and there is never – more... a time where you are bored while working.

The hardest part of the job would be the chaos of customers, and all the orders. As long as you can keep up, it gets easier to deal with. Definitely cannot crack under the pressure.

The most enjoyable part of working at Tim Hortons was that you are literally part of a major franchise. You are a team member, and the co-workers are feeling very similar to you, so it isn't like you are alone when you are feeling overwhelmed. – less
good place to start off
counter staff (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONAugust 23, 2015
Pros: nice people
Cons: not enough staff
easy to learn some positions are harder than others but anyone can pick it up,they work well with your schedule,the managers are nice and the people that you work with ae considered family
Had fun with my other members and also gained a lot of experience.
Cashier (Former Employee), York street.August 22, 2015
Pros: earned experience, made a lot of friends.
Cons: far away from my house.
It was nice working with Tim Hortons. Learned a lot of things. My typical day at work would be like: I would make bake food, then finally go to the front store and serve peoples.
fun place to work, productive
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 22, 2015
Pros: Free food
Cons: long hours, poor pay
Nice group of staff, time went by quick and it was a good learning experience. Learned and experience the skill of customer service first hand. Gained invaluable cash handling experience.
A hometown business
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), London, ONAugust 22, 2015
This hometown business is known for being in all the small towns and cities across the nation. There are numerous reasons why working for Tim Horton's could benefit you.

For those who excel rapidly – more... like myself, they are numerous opportunities such as advancement and increases to your salary.

You learn numerous skills that you can take into the real world such as customer service, people skills, cash handling, cleaning and you get all this knowledge about the business that you learn to understand why it's brand is so well known.

Manager's are there to aid you, sometimes to be your mentors and other times to listen when you have no one else. Your manager will be there to put you back on the right path at work so that you can be the best employee with the best set of skills to offer.

Your coworkers become a little family to you. You learn all about them like any other business but get to actually build friendships and really get to know each other working in such a small area. – less
fun work place
General Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 21, 2015
managing the store.hiring the staff ,counting money and deposit it to the bank .
tray to achieve the target
send weekly report to the head office
control the inventory
balancing the cash
Great environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), NapaneeAugust 21, 2015
I enjoyed my time here, people were very nice and I enjoyed all the customers.

I felt that everyone was treated fairly and I would recommend this job to anyone
Fast paced very busy work place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONAugust 21, 2015
the work place is very fast paced and very busy. I learned a little bit but i found the managers were not very friendly and were biased.
Fun and flexible environment.
Construction Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Langley, BCAugust 20, 2015
Pros: Free coffee
Cons: Travelling
It was a fun but professional atmosphere to work in. Worked with a fantastic team of professionals. Management were very supportive in all aspects. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with my colleagues as they brought much knowledge and enjoyment to the workplace.
A very great community workplace enviroment as for customers aswell
Cashier (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKAugust 19, 2015
Pros: Free lunches
Cons: Long hours
It was alright to me i just don't really enjoy a very face paced environment when it comes to waking up early in the morning
workplace
store front team member (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONAugust 19, 2015
Pros: free lunches, co workers, customers
Cons: schedule maintenance
It was a great place to work. most of the time you have easy to get along with co workers. sorting schedules could be fixed depending on the manager. dealing with customers all day is great if you like coomunicating
fun and challenging
cashier (Former Employee), Edmonton aabAugust 19, 2015
Pros: company events
Cons: long hours
Tim Hortons is a very good company to work for. You can learn a lot from them. i learned how to manage money and my time

A typical day at work was busy fun
how manage my time