Tim Hortons

4.6K reviews

Tim Hortons Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
drive thru and till
Front Counter Attendant/drive thru (Current Employee), Camrose, ABFebruary 12, 2016
Pros: drive thru
i have learned how to work at the tills, i learned how to work with the public. I have learned how to make coffees, and make some food.
My most enjoyable part of my job is working at drive thru its always non stop there and i like challenges and learning new things. i love taking orders.
Customer Service Clerk
Customer Service Clerk (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 12, 2016
•Control cash flow while ringing out customers.
•Develop customer relationships for long-term loyalty. Care for all client concerns.
•Operated registers; Worked to create trust with customers for lasting relationships
Fun and Productive
Team Member (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 11, 2016
Fun place to work and learn, innovative learning environment.
Meeting new people and providing customer service...................................................................
fast pace, meet new people everyday
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Windsor, ONFebruary 11, 2016
Pros: meet new people everyday
Cons: long hours
this job was a good first job, but i see myself thriving in a more professional environment, i personally did not like management or supervision. they take advantage of there authority and i prefer someone who becomes close with there employees, instead of boss them around
Nice people
Food Counter Attendant (Former Employee), Oakville, ONFebruary 11, 2016
Pros: nice people
Cons: no proper training
I had the opportunity to get to know some very kind people while working at Tim Hortons, although the management wasn't very impressive, it was nice to be able to work with so many supportive individuals and interacting with the customers really helped me come out of my shell a lot.
a fast paced environment where team work is required
Store Front and Drive Thru Employee (Current Employee), St. Catharines, ONFebruary 11, 2016
Pros: discount on food, friendly staff and customers
Cons: low pay
At Tim Hortons, a typical day consists of serving customers food and drink accurately in a friendly and professional manner. It teaches you to work quickly as part of a team. Training on WHMIS, health and safety, and food safety is a very valuable lesson learned working here.

Management is very accessible as each store has at least one manager who usually frequents the store for at least a few hours most days. Communication between employees and employers is great and management is typically flexible in terms of meeting its employees needs.

The hardest part of the job for most would be the standing. Shifts are typically 8 hours long and without rubber mats, the hard floor can cause back and joint discomfort after several hours. As long as you can maintain a positive attitude and keep busy, however, time will fly and this will not be an issue.

The best part of the job was the people. You meet a lot of great people and bringing a smile to a customer's face is rewarding. The hours are solid. Pay isn't great but standard for the fast-food industry. Overall a positive experience working for this company.
Excellent establishment , great place to work , many successful opportunities
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 11, 2016
Pros: my favorite experience & memories were of the years with this Company
Cons: cut backs on hours and not sufficient wages
enjoyed my many years with this Company and with the crew i worked with on a daily basis , I gained valuable training and knowledge , leadership skills , ownership and success . up-selling techniques and improved merchandise sales while in competition with our other franchises , Independence and responsibility which enabled me to climb the business ladder for promotions .
fun place to work
Front Counter Staff (Former Employee), Milton, ONFebruary 11, 2016
TIm Horton's is a great place to work. It is a very energetic environment with a very fast pace. You have to be able to multitask with alot of energy.
fun
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Whitby, ONFebruary 11, 2016
Pros: lunches
Cons: none
loved dealing with customers and co workers were a lot of fun and made you feel like you belonged there. I have nothing else to write because they were great company to work for
enjoyable place to work, friendly management and staff.
Team Member (Current Employee), London, ONFebruary 10, 2016
Pros: Stable hours, good work environment
Cons: Crabby customers
I have enjoyed the 7 years i have worked here, i love the fact i have such a god management team and i enjoy working with my fellow staff members. they always help work around my schedule outside of the work place, e.g. doctors appointments, school schedule.
very busy place
Supervisor (Current Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 10, 2016
I really enjoyed working at compass group canada. I had an excellent work experience in different field of operation. I've learned how to handle different kind of situation. The management and my co-workers are very helpful.
Productive and friendly work environment
Baker/Customer Service (Former Employee), Cornwall, OntarioFebruary 10, 2016
Pros: Free baked goods and coffee on break.
Cons: No cons!
A typical day at work would consist of preparing fresh baked goods and tending to customers. Working as a team, myself and my co-workers took pride in our work and strived to delivery the best customer service. Management was great and had very effective communication skills between both employees and customers. I do not believe there was any difficult part of the job. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to make a customer's day.
Part Time Position
Baker (Former Employee), Wasaga Beach, ONFebruary 10, 2016
Pros: Good part ime job, pleasant people to work with
Cons: Inconsistant hours. Could be sent home at any time during shift if place not busy.
Check current stock of Donuts, etc. on shelf when arriving for work. Bake goods to ensure products are fresh and available for sale. Put on soups, chilli, chicken on to cook and have these available at prescribed times. Keep kitchen area clean before leaving shift.
fun place to work while you are young
Store Front (Former Employee), Gatineau, QCFebruary 9, 2016
Pros: good breaks and atmosphere
Cons: dealing with people who are not understaning
I found Tim's to be a fun place to work most of the time but occasionally you did not want to be there. They do care a lot more about getting as many people through in a hour in their drive through then they do customer service.
Fun workplace, good environment
Store Front (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 9, 2016
Had fun working at this place, with good environment. It is a coffee shop and has good people to work around.
Makes us learn a lot about customer service.
Productive Workplace
Store Front (Former Employee), Ajax, ONFebruary 9, 2016
Pros: Working with friends
Cons: Idiocity of Arrogant and/or Ignorant Customers
It was a good place to work got a lot of hours so it was hard to complain about that but the best part was I got to work with friends I already knew outside of the workplace and that made the experience a lot more enjoyable and always kept my productivity level high
Just a job
Customer Service (Former Employee), Caledonia, ONFebruary 9, 2016
Pros: Other employees
Cons: Non-flexible hours
For myself, Tim Horton's was not a bad place to work, nor a good place. I simply went there to make money, then came home. I learned many things over my time at Tim Hortons, some being, how to work well with others, this job also highly improved my addition and subtraction skills, I remember prices well, and give proper change without looking at the cash register. My co-workers was my favourite part about the job, I made many life long friends from my time at Tim Hortons. Management on the other hand was different. To them I was just another employee, one of my managers didn't even know my name after almost 3 years. The hardest part of the job was the hours, I had many hours which I like, however the timing of the shifts were bad. During week days I would work 3:00pm-11:00pm, getting off school at 2:45 and having to make it to work in 15 minutes which they were not flexible with, I would have to leave class 10 minutes early in order to make it to work on time. Working until 11:00pm on school nights was also not easy, also making 7am-11pm a long day for a high school student. Shifts that were not 8 hours long would be 3:00pm- "?", meaning you do not know the time you are getting off of work. Latest time being 11:00pm, however this made it difficult to make plans with friends, family, or plan when is the best day to do school work.
A great opportunity for communication skills to grow
Team Member (Current Employee), Windsor, ONFebruary 8, 2016
Pros: You get to meet lots of people and regulars that become a big part of your life.
Cons: can be physically taxing, as you are expected to always move fast.
A typical day at work involves working at either the cashier's till or at the drive thru. You are expected to work with your co-workers and deliver fast and efficient customer service, that make customers happy.
fast pace workplace
customer service (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 8, 2016
Pros: discount
Cons: long hours
Fast paced environment, busy everyday, meeting new people and customer interactions everyday. Over time was sometimes needed but wages weren't as good.
at times it was a fun place to work
Customer Service (Current Employee), Kitchener-Waterloo, ONFebruary 8, 2016
Pros: loved working midnights
Cons: too much drama
it was good over al loved dealing with the customers the work was not hard kept me active , The hours werent too bad its what i wanted the only thing i dont like is the drivethru customers can get really ignorant if they are in a hurry
Headquarters