Tim Hortons
2,688 reviews

Tim Hortons Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
I worked at Tim Hortons as a team member and learned basically all the jobs at the store.
Team Member (Current Employee), Brantford, ONSeptember 29, 2014
During the day I worked on drive thru either taking orders, doing window or making the coffees. I also did soup and sandwich almost every shift and would help on counter when I was busy. I learned most of the bake and helped out or covered shifts when it was needed. When it wasn't busy I cleaned around the store, stocked shelfs, or anything else that – more... needed to be done before the end of night, such as taking grinds out, doing dishes, sweeping, mopping and cleaning the lobby up. I learned good customer service and how to react to a customer that is upset with the product they got given. Also, I learned how to multi-task and improved all social skills throughout my time working here. The co-workers are mostly all easy going and easy to get along with, everyone helps each other as much as possible. The hardest part of the job was keeping up to orders when it was busy and also keeping everyone around happy when it gets stressful and busy. The most enjoyable was getting to know so many people and also breaking out of my shell and learning how to not be as shy towards others. – less
fun environment
Team member (Current Employee), Scarborough, ONSeptember 29, 2014
Fun workplace and it will get really busy on a daily basis.
I gained more people skills and I enjoy working with my coworkers.
The hardest part of the job is maintaining the speed sometimes when it gets really busy and we have less staff. But I still manage to get through it but it can be hard at times.
Enjoyable workplace with a positive atmosphere.
Customer Service Team Leader and Employee Trainer (Current Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 28, 2014
Great job satisfaction when we deliver our customers with quality products. When a customer is unsatisfied, we exhaust all our effort to make it right for them.
it was a graet places to work and a lot of nice poeple as well
Barista (Former Employee), Vanderhoof, BCSeptember 28, 2014
the day starts slow doing my best to get ready for the rush by looking at what we need to stock and trying to help customers at the same time and the people i work with are like family we all work together and some times we have a little fun but we do work ower best all the time
wouldnt recommend
Team Member (Former Employee), Port Colborne, ONSeptember 26, 2014
Management and owners didn't understand that we still have a life outside of work and that we cant work all day everyday. After a 45 hour week they will still call you in. good benefits if youre there for a year
bussy
Cashier (Former Employee), burlingtonSeptember 26, 2014
is the most busy store in Burlington.i think is should be paid better mostly is you work at the drive through.
if you leave i can use them as a reference
Has an O.K. atmosphere and has decent hours
Crew Member (Current Employee), Hope, BCSeptember 25, 2014
Pros: half off on breaks
Cons: grumpy customers and co-workers
I have recently been transferred from Hope, BC Tim Hortons to Chilliwack, BC and have noticed a huge change in how the two places are run. Usually very busy, when it slows down I tend to do stocking. I have learned how to communicate with customers and to not argue with people when there is a misunderstanding. My co-workers are sometimes hard to get – more... along with, but I try my best. The hardest part of my job would have to be multitasking, especially when there is a rush. I absolutely love being able to communicate with customers face-to-face. – less
Good friends but you have to be willing to work
Team Member (Former Employee), Surrey, BCSeptember 25, 2014
It is best if you are working in a area where you speak most of the languages. You will have to be able to keep moving on your feet.
Very high pressure with no reward
Store Front Team Member (Former Employee), Montreal, QuebecSeptember 25, 2014
Pros: free coffee
Cons: high pressure, low pay, bad management
Constantly pressured. Only one 30 min break towards the end of the 8 hour shift. Sometimes cannot take a break if it's too busy. Managers are terrible, they do not reward hard work, and treat us badly.
Fun, Loving "family" Environment
Store Front Worker (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONSeptember 25, 2014
A typical day at work would depend on what station of the store you were assigned to. I would go in after school and start my shift at around 3:00 pm. I was usually the one making coffee, so I would make sure the bin was filled with packs of coffee grinds, there was filters ready to go, my station was clean and everything was stocked.

What I learned – more... from Tim Horton's was excellent customer service skills, and how to work under a fast paced environment.

My management and co-workers were great, there was a fun, loving, family environment where we were constantly smiling and joking around while working hard and making sure that: 1st the customers were happy and 2nd the jobs were done, and the store was clean.

I believe the hardest part of the job was when I first started working, It was my first job, I was learning a lot of new things, and most of my shifts were in the morning in the beginning so it was very fast paced with the morning rush. However, once I had been there for a few weeks, I adjusted to the routine and was at the top of my game.

The most enjoyable part of the job was connecting with my customers and co-workers. I really got to know my customers that came in on the regular on a personal basis. They would tell me about how their day and what's going on and I would love to listen. And for my co-workers, we were all like family, we worked well together and got along extremely well. Working with them made it easy to do the long hours that come with the food industry! – less
Productive and skill building place to work.
Drive Thru Captain (Current Employee), London, OntarioSeptember 25, 2014
Pros: free coffee
Cons: the pay
Tim Hortons is a company which gives you the ability to obtain a very diverse set of skills that can be applied to many work places.
Fun, one big family
Supervisor (AL) (Former Employee), Brighton, ONSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: discounts
Cons: long hours
Tim Hortons was always very accommodating towards the school life of the students employed there. Perhaps it was because a majority of the employees were in the same age-group as I was, but Tim Hortons felt like one big work-family.
During the week I typically went to work after school, usually around 3 or 4 and worked a 7-8 hour shift. On the weekends – more... I usually worked midnights (11:00 pm - 7:00 am); these shifts were my absolute favourite.
The hardest part of the job was something that was out of the control of every employee of Tim Hortons- the attitude of the customers. Because of the location (Highway 401), many of the customers we served were tired, grumpy, and just wanted to get to their destination. All that we could do about this was stay positive, and not let the negativity of others affect our service.
On the contrary, the most enjoyable part of the job was my co-workers. I met some very good friends of mine through working at Tim Hortons, and even though we've moved on to university, many of us stay in touch still.
Overall, I enjoyed my job at Tim Hortons- some days more than others. If I took anything away from my experience there, it would be to keep a smile on my face even when the customers aren't being the most agreeable, and to NEVER let that negativity affect your attitude towards others (customers and co-workers alike). – less
always on the go and meet allot of nice people
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: discounts on meals but free coffee or tea
Cons: i work between 7 to 8 hours day
learned allot and meet allot of nice people and made some new friends along the way, and my co-works are fun to be around.
know different product as they change each month,
most joyable part of my job seeing the customer leavening ever day with smile and always come back
fun workplace to be with
Food and Beverage Server (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
serve coffees and food to customers, handle money, cleaning and replenish stocks if possible. management are very good and way too friendly co-workers.
cashier & baker
Cashier and baker (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: free launch
Cons: 44 hours per weeks
working in fast environment,with great customer service experience
Fast paced environment with fun employees
Team Member (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: free leftover food
Cons: long hours
Nothing out of the ordinary, I'm used to being under pressure.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Woodstock, ONSeptember 23, 2014
Very fast paced but has a fun crew to work with. If you're looking to stay busy this is the place for you and you should apply. The owner is very understanding and cares about her employee's. You can work the hours you want.
good job
Storefront Staff (Former Employee), Etobicoke, ONSeptember 23, 2014
many people to meet and things to do to keep u moving good environment
great place to work
Front Clerk (Former Employee), Woodstock, ONSeptember 23, 2014
great place to work with flexible hours. time flys by because your always busy. employee discount on food. Good training
Luck of concern with the employees.
team leader (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: higher salary
Cons: more hours
When come to work that you are not happy. Be more confidence.Works well management and also with the co-employee.

1 2 3 4 5

About Tim Hortons

Tim Hortons Inc. is a Canadian fast casual restaurant known for its coffee and doughnuts. It is also Canada's largest fast food – Read more