Tim Hortons Employee Reviews in Canada

Found 4,893 reviews matching the search
free to to express outgoing personality.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  London, ONMay 2, 2016
The policies and procedures of the workplace are easy to follow. One person should train all new staff to keep the workplace in unison. I have learned all except management duties at Tim Horton's.
I enjoyed being left on my own to do side duties as needed without supervision. I enjoyed getting to know regular customers and going above and beyond for everyone. The hardest part was not being able to communicate with some hearing impaired customers.
Pros
everyone learns every task and extra duties are shared equaly
Cons
communication throughout the workplace needs improving
butcher shop/restaurant environment
customer service, baker, (Current Employee) –  Ayr, ONMay 19, 2016
i worked at this location right after highschool, its a family operated butcher shop, very busy location, i learned to cut meat on band saw, worked with the hamburger press to make patties,bacon slicer, store front for customer service to help customers with purchases , weighing product on scale for pricing, slicing meats and cheese, deli products, preparation of meat and cheese deli platters for customer orders. I also was responsible for preparation of restaurant customer orders, called in by the stores, and portion cutting of meats, preparation of orders as required, billing orders,
Productive and fast-paced work environment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 5, 2016
During my two years of working in Tim Hortons a typical day starts from 5:00 a.m. and usually ends around 2:00 p.m. I enjoyed the fast paced work environment as I remained busy during my shift. I learned how to work under pressure while remaining calm and achieving customer satisfaction. I have dealt with guests and co-workers from various cultural backgrounds and all walks of life which educated me a great deal about Canadian norms and cultures.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Low payment
good place if you need a job right away
Baker (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ONMay 17, 2016
Good job if you just need a pay cheque right away, not somewhere most people stay for long, high turnover rate. Little to no communication from management. Mostly friendly staff, good girls to work with. can get very stressful when not enough staff is scheduled.
Owners have odd rules and change them as they please. Ie) no charging your phone(even on break) because its "stealing hydro".
Pros
free coffee and steeped tea.
Cons
poor communication, silly rules, high school atmosphere.
Very positive and productive environment with good co-workers
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONMay 11, 2016
Working in Tim Horton's is fun especially at my branch as it was in university so all the customer I was getting was either students or professors. There is so much things which I learned working there such as being a good team member, working under pressure, reaching targets before deadline. As I worked for long time I also have some time where I have to be a team leader and give instructions to new people which sounds fun but it was tough and that was the time I realize how good team members help making a good team and how tough it is to give orders.
Pros
Free lunch after a shift longer than 5 hours
Cons
Very short shifts
Productive and enjoyable Fast Face Environment
Cashier/Baker (Current Employee) –  6001 Yonge St. Toronto, OntarioMay 30, 2016
My typical day routine at work was very busy especially in the morning. because we serving breakfast. But even though busy everyday i'll learb a lot, especially in fast face environment.
About the management thers was so nice and they treat the staft properly. when it comes to my co worker. there all so nice and friendly that were treating us a family.
My hardest part of my job is nothing. because everyday was busy wholeday.
The most enjoyab;e part of my job is to meet new people. and talking with them.
Great job for students
Counter Clerk (Former Employee) –  Kirkland, QCMay 3, 2016
I worked in Tim Horton's for almost 6 years and to be honest, it is a great job when you are a student. I can't talk about other Tim Horton's but the one that I worked at was really flexible with my schedule as long as I let them know in advance. It's not a hard job but I find the best part of working at a Tims is that you meet really interesting people as coworkers. Students are still fun to work with and we can relate to each other. Honestly I would of quit 3 years in but it was the people that kept me going.
Pros
great for students, fun coworkers, not too difficult.
Cons
minimum wage job, not much growth, can be monotonous.
short description of tim horton's experience
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ONMay 3, 2016
There has never been a day at Tim Hortons that is not busy. It is actually a very fast paced job but I was able to catch up with the store's flow. I was rotated at storefront, drive-thru and a little at the sandwich station. I was assigned to afternoon and night shift. Multi-tasking is the key in order to survive at any Tim Hortons store and being able to work accurately even under pressure. it is always fun to work with the members from which you could rely and teamwork is really important. I can proudly say that whichever branch I will be assigned to I can always keep up.
Pros
free meal
Cons
fast pace
overall have good experiance
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONMay 25, 2016
I get very good experiance from the tim horrtonns. Having very good supervisor and all the team member so i like the work atmosphere there. we all team member make our store in good position by a effective team work.

As I mention I am nursing candidae and under the process of becoming the registered nurds of the canada so i want to utilise my skill and knowledge in the health care field.
so am looking for that
Pros
Getting exposure as coustemer services and prove my self as a very strong team member
Cons
want to do work in my field
Fast paced and organized
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Waterford, ONMay 9, 2016
Loved my time at Timhortons. I got to work with a really great team and management was stellar. Some coworkers were favored more than others, but thats a sad reality of all work places. The hardest part of my job was feeling the humiliation of very self entitled customers but the most enjoyable part was the really great customers, so at the end of the day it always ended with a smile.
Pros
Free coffee in a mug all shift, testing new products.
Cons
Morning people are grumpy!
Fast paced
Store Front Staff (Current Employee) –  Kamloops, BCMay 28, 2016
Working at Tim Hortons I learned that mistakes will be made but at the end of the day it doesnt really matter. If you screw up someones order it really sint a bug deal because you can just make whatever they bought, again. The managers werent really strict but were well put together which made for a fun time on both sides. The hardest part of the day was dealing with the upset, elderly people. They never believed that my co-workers and I were doing our job right, in which case, we were. But, it levels out with the best part of the day; the quiet afternoon hours.
Pros
free food, always
Cons
Bad coffee smell at the end of the day
Cashier/Baker (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONApril 29, 2016
A typical day at work was, a learning experience. Almost every day I learned something new. I learned how to do deli preparation for customers, decorating donuts, and other pastry, drive through, cashier, making sure that the work area was always kept clean, work as a team player, preparing the soups and chili daily for the day. I really enjoyed working with the management team and the co- workers. The hardest part was the fast paste but with in time I learned how to deal with fast paste that was recommended. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning new things and working with the management and co-workers
Helpful team members.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCMay 9, 2016
A typical day at work would start with either cleaning up the front of the store, refilling materials and working at cash. I learned a lot about customer service while working in Tim Horton. Some co workers were very nice where as others not so much. However the I made a really close bond with some of the team members. I have also received offer for promotion 8 months ago. I have been putting it on hold because of school.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Salary, Type of Job
Good and fun place to work
Team member (Former Employee) –  Sioux Lookout, ONMay 18, 2016
I was always put on drive thru, and I loved the face paced environment. I learned how to communicate with my team members, and all the positions for store front. Management was good when they were there, but supervisors then slacked off when the owners were gone. The hardest part of the job is when most of the shift would not show up for work. Being short staffed was hectic, but we managed. I loved working with the staff at that time, we got along quite well, and work quickly and efficiently together.
Pros
Staff discount while working
Cons
some team members not taking management seriously
Fun workplace to work with team and serving number of customers daily
Counter Sales and Cahier (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ONApril 27, 2016
A fast-paced workplace to work with the team. The accuracy of orders and time management is a key to best customer service. Serving the neighbourhood is the best part as you meet your customer on the regular basis and know about their demands. While working at such place one learns to work in a team. Worked there with the wonderful team. The hardest part of the job is long standing hours.
Pros
Free Hot Drinks And Deserts
Cons
Long contant standing hours
A great place to learn new things
Cashier/Baker (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONApril 29, 2016
A day at work was a fast paced but great place to work. When I was at Tim Hortons I learned how to get the soup, and chilli ready for the day, prepare deli for the customers, bake and decorate bakery goods, cashier, drive through, keep the work place a clean environment, become a team player. I really enjoyed working with the management team and co-workers. The hardest part of the job was working in a fast pace place but I picked that up pretty quickly. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the people and for the people and learning new things
It's ok if you live at home, not so much if your trying to get serious with life.
Baker, Team Member (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 30, 2016
Clock in get to work, see uncompleted task previous shift workers forgot to finish and make sure all duties are finalized by the time morning workers come in. Makes you learn how to manage your time properly in order to complete the tasks at hand. Everyone seems stressed so socializing can be daunting. Hardest part of the job would be picking up extra work for missing shifts and the most enjoyable aspect would be the discounted goodies.
Great for time management and handling stress
Cashier, Server, and Porter (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONMay 4, 2016
A typical day at work is extremely busy. Taking and making drink and food orders is a non-stop process, in the meanwhile refilling cups, lids, sugar, cream, milk, etc. Customer service is expected to be of the highest quality. This job is great to develop time management skills and to be able to handle stress in a fast paced environment. The hardest part of the job was trying to keep up with orders, but there would always be a co-worker who would help out if it became overwhelming. The best part of the job was the time management skills and ability to handle stress that I took away from this experience.
Productive and friendly
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, ABMay 4, 2016
Everyday I would be given the role of either working as a storefront or a drive-thru person. I would meet many different kinds of people and get to know them in the small amount of time I serve them. Considering it was my first job, I learned what it's like to work with people in a fast-paced environment where people are expected to work together to get a certain task done. I got along with the people I worked with and enjoyed building new relationships with them. The thing I most enjoyed about working there was meeting all kinds of people.
Productive.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Taber, ABMay 5, 2016
Everyday was a regular day. Serve customers and please their needs to coffee or to the food Tim Horton's sold. Daily cash and transactions and constant moving around. The co-workers were fun to get along with, I enjoyed because of them. The down part about this job was that the management was terrible. They'd treat the co-workers bad if they made a small accident. The manager wasn't as great as people would see her/him as they would think. People quit there because of the management and they seem to ask why they keep needing more employee's. And I'm being honest*. Everything else about this job was good but that.