Tim Hortons
3,293 reviews

Tim Hortons Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive, fast pace, wonderful daily customers
Hostess / Storefront (Former Employee), Fredericton, NBMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Daily customers, fast pace, positive work environment
Cons: Constant gossip
Typical days are fast pace, and enjoyable.
Co-workers and daily customers were a motivation to come into work.
I learned that a smile can change how a person perceives you.
The hardest part of the job was the fact I worked near an exhibition ground. Whenever an event was going on, there was hundreds of people coming in and out.
The most enjoyable was getting to know the people within my work place.
good work place
Cashier (Former Employee), Squamish, BCMarch 25, 2015
I really enjoyed working at Tim Hortons. It was a really fun environment to work in. I even recommended that my son work there.
Flexible with Hours
Night Shift Baker / Storefront Cashier (Current Employee), HamiltonMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Team member
While attending full time at Mohawk College for the past two years, Tim Hortons has been very flexible with my hours and accommodating around my schedule.
Day and Life at Tim Hortons
Supervisor/Trainer/Baker (Current Employee), Paris, ONMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Staff Discounts while on shift
Cons: Long days working on your feet.
A typical work day consists of ensuring the positioning chart is completed and paper work is completed prior to the beginning of the shift. From there serving customers is the number 1 priority. As a supervisor, I am held responsible for ensuring breaks are ran on time and daily job specs are completed prior to shift change. Communication is key in this atmosphere a long with ensuring all staff are in a positive atmosphere whether it's during a slow period or a busy rush.
Excellent company to work for and to build personal skills
Customer Service (Current Employee), Port Hope, ONMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Great hard working staff that also makes the workplace fun, flexible hours.
Cons: No cons come to mind
The main objectives in this workplace are order accuracy, customer service and drive-thru window times. Achieving drive-thru times is by far the hardest part of my job and at the same time my favourite. I strive to do the best job I can everyday of work.
Tim Horton's was my first job so I have gained a lot of valuable skills over the years such as; teamwork, efficiency, communication, initiative, etc.
A good place to start a first job.
Baker (Current Employee), Pembroke, ONMarch 24, 2015
Learning about the work environment, what is expected of your work ethic. Learn customer relations, manage difficult situations. Learn a bit about yourself and how you perceive a career in retail. A food chain is a good place to find out the hidden questions of the working class and about your own talents.
Tim Horton's
Customer Service (Former Employee), Havelock, ONMarch 23, 2015
Pros: free food, good coworkers, lots to do to keep you busy
Cons: long slows periods in the winter which would reduce hours
Working at Tim Horton's was probably the best job I have had. I have nothing bad to say about the company, job, or coworkers. I would make coffee and food for customers as well as make sure my station is clean, and all food was at a safe temp when I was working on the soup and sandwich station, and that all the customers are taken care of. The hardest part of the job was when it got busy. No one likes waiting in lines and we tried to get people through as quickly as possible and sometimes that can be hard. It wasn't a bad job thought lots of early morning shifts but I enjoyed the work
fast paced restaurant, fun to work with people
Counter Staff (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBMarch 23, 2015
clean tables, clean dishes, clean bathrooms, etc.
I've learned to do things fast.
I love working with people.
The hardest part is doing lots at the same time.
Unstable work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), the Bowmanville store in Wal MartMarch 23, 2015
Pros: it was full time
Cons: the fast paced work
a typical day: punch in find out where I was working and make sure everything was stocked and enough coffee was ready, server customer do my assigned chores, I learned how to make different types of beverages, the manager was nice, my co worker were younger and were in a click and I was an outsider. The hardest part was keeping up with the coffee and the most enjoyable part was that it was full time
Fun Work place
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 23, 2015
Work place is fun and cooperative however standing for longer hours drains out your body pretty quick. Plus the pay wasn't sufficient for the amount of efforts one put into work. A good work place for starters
customer service
customer service/baker (Former Employee), Brandon, MBMarch 23, 2015
This job was awesome because it was always go, go, go and I love that. Always busy. Management and coworkers were awesome.
very nice manager
Customer Service Representative / Cashier (Current Employee), Markham, ONMarch 22, 2015
speed - time management- work under pressure- pay attention to details - team work - customer service - friendly environment - be on time - friendly co-workers
i had a privilege to work at a calm and stress free environment with a great team members and managemnt
Cashier and Team member (Former Employee), woodbine and highway 7March 22, 2015
Pros: place to learn and great co workers, management
Cons: long hours
As a Tim Torton team member i learned a lot about time management and since it is a busy environment it helped to learned several key factors like organization and great customer service skills. It was a great place to work with other team members who helped to learn the key to gain customers. Tim Horton was best place for me to learn the leadership skills, i was in charge to train few new team members. Overall work experience at Tim Horton helped me to learn many skills which it could help me to use in the future Jobs.
Fast paced environment means you're never bored on the job, which is definitely something I liked
Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee), Cambridge,ONMarch 22, 2015
Pros: good job for high school students, flexible hours, lots of locations
Cons: minimum wage, can be demanding, long hours
Pros- Good work experience
- Flexible hours
- Tips
- Easy going co-workers

Cons- Hard labour
-No benefits
-Rude customers
-Poor management
-Understaffed

Hiring an the right number of staff members in order to accommodate company needs.Over-working your employees is really bad and it doesn't make it easy for them to provide good service.
Very fast paced
Supervisor/Customer Service (Former Employee), London, ONMarch 22, 2015
A lot of drama, but when it was busy everyone just pulled together and got things done. the management was great and would go back there if I was ever out of a job.
Fast paced and good learning experience
Team Member (Former Employee), Oakville, OnMarch 21, 2015
Pros: the experience
Cons: long hours
A typical day at work started differently everyday. If it was busy you helped customers, if it wasn't you set to whatever tasks were given to you by the supervisor. Often, certain tasks are time oriented so you did as per the time, without being told. Time management, efficiency and customer communication were the biggest skills learned at that job. My co-workers were generally helpful, polite and good people to be around. Management could sometimes be unreasonable and forgetful that employees have a life outside of work. The hardest part were the occasional extremely busy days (i.e. Christmas, New Years, Canada Day etc.). The most enjoyable part was meeting new people on a daily basis.
tim hortons
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), lakeshore ontarioMarch 21, 2015
worked midnights
kept everything stocked
worked drive thru and front
cleaned
not hard
worked on amy croft
worked with just one co worker who was the baker
A busy place to work
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Fergus, ONMarch 21, 2015
Pros: free coffee and discounts on day old goods.
Cons: the hours.
Serving customers, Cleaning, Food preparation and Garbage detail were the typical work days.

The management was not always available to employees.

My co-workers were cheery and supportive.

I really enjoyed the interaction with the people in my town.
service was constantly busy and you need to serve faster
Food Counter Attendant (Current Employee), Valleyview, ABMarch 20, 2015
Pros: free meals and paid breaks
Cons: understaff most of the time
I'm a food counter attendant in timmys since 2012. It was too busy yet fun. Enjoying every shift despite of the everyday experience we had. Some guests are nice, some also are rude.. It's a matter of enjoying your work. Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. The only way to do great work is to love what you do.

Management sometimes are unfair. Some of them works not that fast as team members do. They just keep on asking to do something, in short they let their team members finish all the works to be done.

The hardest part of the job is when we are short staffed, we do lots of work but we enjoy it. We just take it as a challenge and enjoy every moment for us not to feel tired.
Great Atmosphere
Supervisor (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 19, 2015
Pros: Great customers, staff and management
Cons: Tight quarters to work in
I enjoyed this job very much, enjoyed helping the customers day start of right. I can't say enough out the management at the 130th Ave S.E. store location, as well as the staff, one of the best I have worked for.

1 2 3 4 5

About Tim Hortons

Tim Hortons Inc. is a Canadian fast casual restaurant known for its coffee and doughnuts. It is also Canada's largest fast food – Read more