Tim Hortons
3,561 reviews

Tim Hortons Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun and great place to be
Customer Sales Representative (Former Employee), Brampton, ONMay 21, 2015
Great place to work if you enjoy talking to people. have to be fast and quick with orders making sure you do exactly what the customer wants. have to be flexible with specific commands by customers. Meeting new people everyday is the best part because i am a social and outgoing person.
Multitasking by serving the guests and still doing store work
Team Member (Current Employee), Scarborough, ONMay 21, 2015
Pros: 50% Off the food
Cons: Difficult hours
A normal day at work requires us to be in the front attending guests and still be able to go around and clean while restocking for the later shifts. Baking is sometimes asked of us to do, after the baker has gone home, and we have started to run low on products, or if the products have passed their shelf expiration time. The co-workers are always fun to be with, specially if you can multitask with them easily and if you can establish a good connection with them. The jobs we do at Tim Hortons vary depending on the rush and how much time we have left for last minute jobs. Our jobs are normally timed and we try to stick to it as closely as we can. We are required to put our completed jobs in the store Tablet which is linked to the main server, this is to keep track of the cleaning and temperatures of the products to ensure safety and hygiene.
Too Tense
Cashier (Former Employee), Picton, ONMay 21, 2015
Far to many people are unhappy at the branch I had worked at. The management was rude and inconsiderate. The overall job it's self was okay but far too stressful.
Busy & fun place to work
counter (Former Employee), Cloverdale, BCMay 20, 2015
All seems fine at work till you don't get any unhappy customer. I have learned dealing with hard situations example running out of any item that guest needs and offering something nice instead. It was great to work with team, make good drive - thru times.
Preview of working at Tim Hortons
Cashier (Former Employee), Coquitlam, BCMay 20, 2015
Pros: 50% employee discount on food
Cons: Heat: working at the sandwich bar
- Begin Shift
- Go to the assigned station: Cashier/ Tandem (assist cashier)/ Sandwich/ Diningdishes.
- Upselling and Making Customers happy by providing quick efficient service
- Hardest part about job is when there is miscommunication between coworkers or customers which leads to frustrated customers :(
- Most enjoyable part: Meeting new people!
A Productive, Fun Environment with fun coworkers
Hostess (Former Employee), Sherwood Park, ABMay 20, 2015
Every day at work, there was always fun, nice, but work-oriented people and it made it very enjoyable. The customers were just as great and it was nice getting a chance to work in such a nice place.
Fun place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Richmond BC.May 19, 2015
Pros: friendly co-workers, great management
Cons: slow periods when there are no customers.
Awesome Management. Speedy service required, which makes the atmosphere challenging and exciting. The hardest part of the job were the down times when there were no customers, the most enjoyable part, morning drive thru rush.
Productive and fun workplace serving customers and meeting their needs
Team Member (Current Employee), Milton, ONMay 19, 2015
A typical day at work is very busy. I am usually placed in the drive-thru as I am a fast working employee as well as the fact that I am able to work all positions. The management is well handled and the necessary things are always taken care of. My co-workers are very friendly and enjoyable to work with. They are polite and willing to help anytime help is needed with the position duty. I find that the hardest part of the job is when occasionally we have short staff, being able to manage time and everything to get the drive-thru times down to 30 seconds or lower of an average for each car pass time. The most enjoyable part of this job is being able to work with such friendly and polite people as well as being able to serve the community and meet their needs from Tim Hortons. Being able to send the customers home with a smile on their face is the best feeling ever!
Always a happy and friendly place to be :)
Night Crew (Former Employee), Barrie, ONMay 19, 2015
Pros: Free hot chocoalte on breaks in winter :)
Cons: Late nights and early mornings
Everyday was great, no matter how you feel coming into work, your co-workers,guests,regulars and management could make you feel better somehow. I learned a lot of organization skills while working at Tims, how to multitask but share duties and work in a team. I would have to say being able to make someone smile was the most rewarding part of my job, and the only hard part would have been handling situations you're not used to but persevering for a overall fair and happy outcome.
Busy, fast pace work environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Greater Napanee, ONMay 18, 2015
Pros: Free donuts, cookies, tea, and coffee.
Cons: No paid breaks (no break on a 5 hour shift), gossip between co-workers, ignorant supervisors
As a part-time student at Tim Hortons, a typical day at work includes customer service, handling food, as well as hot and cold beverages. Since being hired at Tim Hortons I have learned how to effectively work in a fast pace environment, deal with stressful situations, and how to deliver excellent and appropriate customer service. I feel that I am valued by management and my co-workers, but there are times that the staff "gossip" about other employees which I feel is inappropriate. I believe that the hardest part about my job is being around negative co-workers. What I enjoy the most about being a part of Tim Hortons is being able both give and receive respect from customers, as well as working with the friends I have made.
Fast paced environment with friendly team members
Team Member (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONMay 18, 2015
Pros: Fun and interactive
Cons: Poor scheduling
The most important thing at Tim Horton's is to always keep busy. If we were slow, we would be on our hands and knees sanitizing and scrubbing everything. They run a very tight ship, usually with about six cameras on the area at all times.
I learned how to produce things quick and effectively, as well as learning to deal with difficult customers with a smile.
Management was surprisingly approachable and very understanding of situations. Act quickly in times where your safety is threatened.
Coworkers were largely okay, although a lot of them do not have a positive attitude and distract from the overall environment.
The hardest part of the job was the bad scheduling, occasionally ending up with six or seven nine hour shifts in a row and then one or two days off in a lump.
The most enjoyable part of this job was getting the experience to make things quickly and learning how to interact with customers.
Lack of leadership
Baker (Current Employee), Richmond Hill, ONMay 17, 2015
Managers need to be more assertive as well as be more patient with new staff when they make mistakes. Training needs to improve.
Pro active working environment with fun
Store Front Team Member (Current Employee), TorontoMay 17, 2015
Pros: convenient working hours and free beverages and biscuits.
Cons: long hours
The most enjoyable part of the job is dealing with the customers.
Whenever meeting the customers, while waving and greetings, and getting orders, listening at them patiently and serving them up to the mark of satisfaction.

Feeling that I am important, confident that I can make them happy and feel them to a greater level of satisfaction.
productive
Overnight (Former Employee), Embrun, ONMay 17, 2015
Pros: discount lunches
Cons: long hours
Co-workers were awesome to work with. I learned more that I can put towards a supervisor. The hardest part of the job was working by myself sometimes. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with a co-worker when they gave me one. Management was alright but they hard to talk to at times.
Fast paced
cashier / food serives (Former Employee), Bridgetown, NSMay 17, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: not enough hours
Fun and professional work place, very diverse atmosphere.
The friendly faces that came in everyday made my day. You gain a familiar trust and bond with the customers that are regulars
Small busy store but friendly staff members
Cashier/Cook (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 16, 2015
Pros: Free meals
Cons: short hours
I punch in the work clock and start from either my front counter work place or baking in the back whats needed or go straight to the freezer and refill.
To work fast and well
Management is good
Get along with fellow staff members
Is working on busy days and sometimes while lacking coworkers
Is being a front counter attendant and having friendly coworkers
Educational as well as a good environment
Team Member (Former Employee), Chatham-Kent, ONMay 15, 2015
While working at Tim Hortons I learned how to be quick and efficient in my working methods. I was able to communicate effectively with my teammates so that we could make results in a fast manner at top quality. My manager was a good woman who was considerate and also strict. She taught me how to do my job properly as well as what was expected of me. I found that once I picked up this job I didn't have a difficult time at all. I fit in well with my teammates and established connections with my customers. My favourite part of this job was being able to see so many new faces as well as working with my teammates.
fast paced workplace
Front Counter Customer Service Attendant (Former Employee), Barrie, ONMay 15, 2015
Pros: good discounts, fast paced, always busy
Cons: played favorites, not the best atmospher
-Filling and stocking sugars/creamers
- Making several pots/cups of coffee
- Drivve Thru window interactions
- Washroom checks
- Sweep/Mop daily
-Filling baked good orders for customers
Working at Tim Hortons
Cashier, Supervisor, Health and Safety (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 14, 2015
I enjoy working with the very few people I work with. Although, our store is constantly short staff and management is on terms of no matter what conditions are to leave staff to help customers. in which leaves us to trying to do multiple things at once which is frustrating to do.
Teamwork
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Fenelon Falls, ONMay 14, 2015
Pros: Different customers and Regular Customers
Cons: Every Tim Horton's are different in applying customer service methods
I was a customer service assosiate serving customers that would come in to our store. I would stock shelves, replace the inventory, clean the machines and do maintenance for washrooms, floors, seats and tables. I would also serve my customers through Drive-thru. I learned the routine of my regular customers and what their orders were. I worked as a team with another customer service assosiate and the baker within my shift. The management was diffferent for every store that I have worked for.

1 2 3 4 5

About Tim Hortons

Tim Hortons Inc. is a Canadian fast casual restaurant known for its coffee and doughnuts. It is also Canada's largest fast food – Read more