Tim Hortons Employee Reviews in Canada

Found 4,720 reviews matching the search
Great job for students
Counter Clerk (Former Employee) –  Kirkland, QCMay 3, 2016
I worked in Tim Horton's for almost 6 years and to be honest, it is a great job when you are a student. I can't talk about other Tim Horton's but the one that I worked at was really flexible with my schedule as long as I let them know in advance. It's not a hard job but I find the best part of working at a Tims is that you meet really interesting people as coworkers. Students are still fun to work with and we can relate to each other. Honestly I would of quit 3 years in but it was the people that kept me going.
Pros
great for students, fun coworkers, not too difficult.
Cons
minimum wage job, not much growth, can be monotonous.
Worked at the worst store
Baker/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BCMay 2, 2016
I worked at the worst Tim Hortons on the planet. First I trained in baking and everything was okay until I wanted to switch to cashier. Ever since I switched to cashier they had a horrible time finding another baker. Once they did find another baker, the manager left due to staff complaints of him being way too hard on staff. Bounced around with a few managers until we found the perfect one. Currently this manager is having a horrible time organizing everything that the previous manager left. The staff I worked with were great. All except a few staff members who would spread rumours and lies about other staff. No free food, only tea, coffee, and hot chocolate. Only one 30 minute break in which half of it is waiting in line for your food in which you only get a 50% discount as long as your purchase is under $10. All in all the most horrible place I have ever worked for.
Pros
Great customers, free coffee, tea, and hot chocolate, flexible schedule
Cons
One 30 minute break, no free food, no raise, some nasty coworkers
free to to express outgoing personality.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  London, ONMay 2, 2016
The policies and procedures of the workplace are easy to follow. One person should train all new staff to keep the workplace in unison. I have learned all except management duties at Tim Horton's.
I enjoyed being left on my own to do side duties as needed without supervision. I enjoyed getting to know regular customers and going above and beyond for everyone. The hardest part was not being able to communicate with some hearing impaired customers.
Pros
everyone learns every task and extra duties are shared equaly
Cons
communication throughout the workplace needs improving
negative workplace
Baker/Cashier/Bagel Bar (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONMay 2, 2016
* make coffee
* give guest their dessert
* learned how to make coffee, how to bake, how to do temps, better my cleaning skills
Pros
10% discount on food
Cons
co workers / manager/ supervisors were not friendly at all
fun at work
Team member (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMay 2, 2016
it is a fastest pace environment can learn many new things..can learn how to tackle with people and get high positive energy.
busy and fun work place.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ONMay 2, 2016
great job if want to keep busy and meet people of all personality types. they will give you the training you need to get the job done right. costumers are your top priority and if anyone makes a mistake and the costumers requests it to be fix just fix it... saves everyone the headache.
Pros
50% off food during break and 20% off during non working hours
Cons
long hours, busy days
Position as a Customer Service Representative
Supervisor - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 2, 2016
Good place to start work
Flexible hours
Friendly staff
Great marketing strategies
fast paced environment
not good for long run
Great experience at Tim hortons
Food Counter Attendant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 1, 2016
It was a great experience, i learned how to do customer service. The environment and co-workers were very friendly. The hardest part was standing and working for long hours. The most enjoyable part was seeing the customers happy.
Pros
experience, engaging with customers
Cons
long hours, standing job
fun
QC (Former Employee) –  Dollard-Des Ormeaux, QCMay 1, 2016
good place to work i made a lot of friends and one of which is my best friend now, just make sure u have comfortable shoes on
its fun cz i used to work and when it got boring i just ate
It was alright
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 1, 2016
The hours were terrible for a student, other than that overall it wasn't too bad. Pay was above minimum wage and the people there were great.
a very productive and fun place to work at
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BCMay 1, 2016
Staff and management were good to work with. Meeting new customers and getting to know them was the best part of the job. Learning different areas of the company was very beneficial so you can grow within the company.
fast paced environment with possiblity of future advancements
Storefront (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ONMay 1, 2016
my coworkers were unmanageable, but overall the job was awesome. I learned many valuable customer service skills, had great benefits limned up, and liked the work. i couldnt stay due to all the petty highschool drama though.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
other employees
It is fun working at Timmys
Food Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKApril 30, 2016
Everyday is busy day but I love my job, I enjoy serving people and giving them a fast and friendly service, I am happy to see that my customers are satisfied and happy with our service.
A great place to learn new things
Cashier/Baker (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONApril 29, 2016
A day at work was a fast paced but great place to work. When I was at Tim Hortons I learned how to get the soup, and chilli ready for the day, prepare deli for the customers, bake and decorate bakery goods, cashier, drive through, keep the work place a clean environment, become a team player. I really enjoyed working with the management team and co-workers. The hardest part of the job was working in a fast pace place but I picked that up pretty quickly. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the people and for the people and learning new things
Cashier/Baker (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONApril 29, 2016
A typical day at work was, a learning experience. Almost every day I learned something new. I learned how to do deli preparation for customers, decorating donuts, and other pastry, drive through, cashier, making sure that the work area was always kept clean, work as a team player, preparing the soups and chili daily for the day. I really enjoyed working with the management team and the co- workers. The hardest part was the fast paste but with in time I learned how to deal with fast paste that was recommended. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning new things and working with the management and co-workers
I don't regret working at Tim Hortons
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONApril 29, 2016
Working at Tim Hortons is guaranteed to be fast paced and provide plenty of examples of what not to do as a customer. Learning to provide friendly and efficient customer service, prepare food, maintain a clean working station, and prioritize are only some of the skills you learn on the job. All of these skills are also put to use every day on the job.
Management was great. They knew what they were doing, were realistic about employee limitations, and most importantly they were not afraid to jump in and help out the workers if they were getting overwhelmed by a sudden rush.
Co-workers are team members. And like all team members, you find yourself become good at working together as well as friends. Years after leaving Tim Hortons, I remain friends with some of my former co-workers.
Hardest part of the job is dealing with unreasonable customers. You learn how to appropriately treat them and help them leave satisfied.
Most enjoyable part of the job is working with people your age (as a student), as well as having flexible hours.
Pros
Being a part of a team
Cons
Low wage
Busy days and lots of laughs with coworkers and customers.
Food Counter Assistant / Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Banff, AlbertaApril 28, 2016
The store is really busy, which I thrive on.
Working at Tims I enjoy remembering our regular guest's orders and building a rapport with them!
Being trained how to be a baker, then a supervisor after 4 months is definitely something I appreciate everyday, and I work hard to earn that. Now I can multitask and help out in FOH and BOH.
Fun and energetic work environment
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ONApril 28, 2016
Baked and prepared goods, Provided excellent customer service, managed co-workers and created a safe and fun work environment. I also counted tills and balanced the incoming money for each shift I worked. I created learning and work goals for each employee to complete which contributed to greater Drive-Thru times and happier customers. I ensured all food and beverages were fresh and prepared to Tim Horton's Standard.
It had great values and a great sense of caring for our customers.
Commis (Former Employee) –  Trois-Rivières, QCApril 28, 2016
I was really impressed by the care that Tim Hortons caries towards its customers. They are also very thorough with maintaining the restaurant safe and clean. They are willing to satisfy every customer by offering the most fresh products they can offer.
Pros
Fun environment. Nice supervisors and good teamwork.
Cons
Stressful rush time.
Fast paced Environment
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 28, 2016
Everyday is a different day it never stays same always new customers and always learning new ways to approach situations. in order to enjoy work you need to think on your feet and prevent accidents and always ensure the guest has an ultimate experience.
Pros
free lunches, paid breaks