Tim Hortons Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
produtive and fun
Floor Staff (Current Employee) –  Trenton, ON20 September 2017
Working for Tim Horton was a great experience i enjoyed going into work everyday to see all my coworkers our managers made it an easy and fun place to be. we always has incentives to push us to work hearer faster and more efficient. I would love to stay with Tim Horton but i just found that not enough hour to be had to make the money you need.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no one wants to work
store assistant manager
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL20 September 2017
good place to work while your in school,
loved the work culture good team to work with had fun while it lasted.
highly recommended to new student from diverse culture
Pros
free drinks
Cons
fast paced
Everyday is different. Can be fun n can be stressful. Got to try and find balance within ur shift
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON19 September 2017
I have had great experiences working with so many different individuals. I have been a supervisor for more then 20 yrs. Different locations cause I have moved cities a few times. But most of my experiences have been wonderful.
Pros
Working with kids that hopefully i can mentor n help grow
Cons
Distance
Fun social environment
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON19 September 2017
Working here allowed for me to interact with new people and also make a few friends and become closer with them as well. Having an easy going personality certainly helps when dealing with certain people.
Pros
free drinks
Cons
if its slow, the day drags along.
Tim Hortons
Cashier/Server (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 September 2017
Very coordinated, i completely enjoy how the managers treat you also you get to meet lots of great people, and helping them out even in a small way, thanks.
Pros
Flexible Times
Cons
Hurrying
Great group of people
Manager/ Inventory & Purchasing (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON19 September 2017
The store owner I was working for had a great group of people working for her. I can honestly say that I have made friends for life. It was like a family. Very fast paced, hard work, but fun.
Pros
Making life long friends
Cons
Minimum wage workplace
Fun but overworked environment
Store Front (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON19 September 2017
The job itself was enjoyable, but overworked only 2 15 minute breaks for a 9 hour shift can be very tiring, constantly understaffed and pushed to your max.
Job wasnt for me
Pros
Tips
Cons
Long Hours, Minimum breaks, unrealistic expectations
fun
Front Counter Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON19 September 2017
fun envoriment easy to talk to people , learn new things. close to home and on a bus route.,
down fall wearing a unifrom all the time lol.................
Nice Fast-Paced
Crew member/cashier (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC19 September 2017
They are a nice, freindly, hardworking, and highly motivated person who can handle stress in a busy workplace and a fast-paced environment. they will help you to improve your skills.
Pros
lunch discount
physically hard
Customer Service Attendant/ Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmundston, NB18 September 2017
it's a good place to work if you want to know how to clean, very high expectations on customer service without any advancement minimum wages and very hard to please owners
Environement mal prope
Service à la clientèle (Current Employee) –  Gatineau, QC18 September 2017
Je n'aime pas travailler cher Tim Horton car je suis une personne qui a besoin de bouger et de travailler plus physiquement.
Pros
Bonne experience
Very productive and fun place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Prince Albert, SK18 September 2017
A typical day at Time Hortons is fast paced. I learned how to work better as a team. The management was good. The workplace culture is good. enjoyable job
Pros
good hours
I worked here as a highschool student
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 September 2017
I was made to do all the grunt work with no chance at advancement. My training was never completed and when I left after 8 months I was still considered a trainee.
Productive place to work
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON18 September 2017
I enjoyed working there that's why I wanted to move up. I have worked for this company for 6 years and would like to keep going. I like the adversity in all stores.
équipe plaisante et entrainante
Superviseur (Former Employee) –  Saguenay, QC18 September 2017
Superbe de belle équipe,environnement de travail discutable
Great for a first job and learning basic skills that apply to many other jobs
Team Member/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Lower Sackville, NS18 September 2017
Wonderful atmosphere; teaches you how to prioritize tasks; teaches you how to multi task; go-go-go environment; easy to make great friends; full uniform is supplied to you; easy to learn how to become a leader, one of the only entry level jobs where you can make tips
Pros
free uniform, half off on break food, Tips$$
Cons
no discount when you're not working, hard to get recognition for hard work when you're not full time
Opportunities
Cashier/Customer Service/Baker (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 September 2017
Good chance to get experience with customers. Learning to do many different jobs and tasks in the work place. Good opportunity to become a leader and train other employees.
Pros
Free food from showcase
Cons
Beaucoup teop de travail pour se que l on a a faire
Cuisinier (Current Employee) –  Saint-apollinaire, QC18 September 2017
Je travail depuis 5 ans et jai eu une belle accueil mais un teavail teop exigeant pour le chiffre
Pros
Repas gratuit
Cons
Pas de communication
It was tiring but it was fun working with other people.
RESTAURANT SUPERVISOR/TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC18 September 2017
It thought me a lot when it comes to leadership and working with different types of people. The employees worked together as a team and still smile even if they are tired.
Fun workplace with lots of Canadian Culture
Team Member, Tim Hortons (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC18 September 2017
A typical day working at Tim Hortons flies by. Canadians love getting their donuts and Ice Capps daily. It is a very fast paced environment and multitasking is defiantly an asset for this job. I learned how to manage time more wisely such as doing many different tasks at a time like serving customers and cleaning the store. On the other hand, management is a bit disorganized and it can get frustrating having many permanent managers, but it is something you get used to. The hardest part of the job is trying to find a compromise with angry costumers but theres always a solution to every problem. Although, I did enjoy the regulars that came in every single day, at the exact same time to get their usual.
Benefits
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tim Hortons. Our community is ready to answer.