Tim Hortons
2,927 reviews

Tim Hortons Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive workplace
Counter Clerk / Customer Service (Former Employee), Langley, BCDecember 17, 2014
On a typical day I handled customers and customer complaints, Made beverages and food. Cleaned and stocked product. Took orders and cashed out customers. I learned how to multitask and work at a fast paced environment.
Good place to start off
Store Front Employee (Former Employee), St. Isidore, OntarioDecember 17, 2014
It was right off a highway so it definitely busy at times, and that meant long lines for both drive thru and in the store. Tim Hortons is where I learned how to come out of my shell and learned responsibility at work. It was my first job. Management and co-workers were supportive and friendly. The hardest part of the job was that sometimes there were – more... really horrible customers that you could never make happy no matter how hard you tried. The most enjoyable part was being a part of the team. – less
good place to start out a career
F/T Cashier (Former Employee), stony plain, albertaDecember 17, 2014
in a typical work day you would make coffee , sandwiches , donuts , bagels and so on it is a fast paced work environment and I enjoy being able to interact with customers and make their day enjoyable
Working with Tim Hortons was a lot o fun, meet new friends, interesting costumers (Mostly famly)
Team Member (Former Employee), Fort Alexander, MBDecember 16, 2014
Pros: the people
Cons: the people
I worked with Tim Hortons for a month, within that month, I learned how to stock goods, how to use treaty codes into the cash registers, and I learned how to make peoples coffees and teas.
every food items are in great quality
Baker/Cashier (Current Employee), Saanich, BCDecember 16, 2014
Pros: great team work
Cons: need to manage time 2 bus ride from my place
Tim Horton in Ravine St. Saanich BC have the greatest Employer ever and the the food are always in great quality.I recommend to those 1st time job seeker to apply here Its a great start to learn more.
A fast-paced coffee bistro!
TRAINER (Former Employee), Brantford, ONDecember 15, 2014
A typical day at work would be ensuring drive-thru was running efficiently, working in different positions to process orders quickly and accurately. I worked for the company for 16 years and really developed a family there, however there came a time for something new.
fun place to work
BLVD Sunnybrooke Dollard-des Ormeaux QC (Former Employee), Montréal, QCDecember 15, 2014
really good experience
rush hours
able to multitask
be very patient
Incredible work environment
Store Front (Former Employee), London, ONDecember 15, 2014
Pros: great
I learned so much about my self and the work force during my time at Tim Hortons. I learned that I am incredibly comfortable in a fast pace environment and that I have excellent customer service skills. I had an amazing manager who understood that, at that time, I was a high school student and I was balancing honor roll marks with a part time job.
Reliable student job with good hours, comfortable work environment
Store Front (Current Employee), Whitby, ONDecember 15, 2014
Pros: comfortable atmosphere
Cons: long hours, busy
Management and my co-workers are the primary reason that I enjoy working at Tim Hortons. They understood my situation as a student with a busy school schedule, and offered me hours that were consistent and fit in to my schedule. The most difficult part about working at Tim Hortons is the long hours and the frequent "rushes'' which require you to move – more... very quickly. However, working here has helped me develop better customer-service skills that will benefit me in my future careers. – less
working with food, and Cash
Cashier (Former Employee), Calgary, AlbertaDecember 14, 2014
Pros: we split tips daily
Cons: no raise in pay
When I had worked for Tim Hortons, I had extended hours but no raise in pay, I had been handling food and cash, also dealing with customers, and stocking product, also cleaning workplace.
Productive and fast paced work environment
Production and Storefront Team Member (Former Employee), Lucan, ONDecember 12, 2014
Being a team member at Tim Hortons has helped me develop many skills that can be transferred to other work places. It taught me how to work efficiently with others in a fast manner while maintaining order accuracy and quality service.
I liked it
Cashier/Server (Former Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 12, 2014
Pros: pay, hours
Cons: busy.
It was good working there i enjoyed the early morning and the business made the hours go by/.
Very Friendly staff made it a great place to work
Customer Service - Restaurant Team Member (Former Employee), Toronto OnDecember 11, 2014
Flexible hours and great staff members made this a great place to work.
making smile every morning
Storefront (Former Employee), Regina, SKDecember 11, 2014
Pros: coffee and donuts are free to staff and 10% off on meal while working
Cons: short staff
Meet and greet customers and having good and funny conversations. Also helping out other team members who need help with either a product finding or explaining the policies of the company or resolving their issues towards the team members or the company, and sometimes being the only member of my section with good remarks from the store manager. Also – more... having a fun environment with team members. – less
Tim Horton's was a good job
Cashier/ Drive-thru (Former Employee), South Porcupine, OntarioDecember 11, 2014
Tim Horton's taught me to interacting with costumers and always be on task. A typical day at Tim Horton's consisted of taking orders, cleaning out the machines, cleaning the store front, and stocking everything. I only worked at Tim Horton's for a few months but within those months I grew to like the work that I did. It also taught me how to manage – more... my time and not get stressed in certain situations. Sometimes it would get really busy and you start to get nervous but if you just do your job and make sure everything goes as smoothly as possible you get use to it and it's not as bad as you think it is. All in all I had a great experience working at Tim Horton's. – less
Good place to work at.
Barista and Cashier (Current Employee), Milton, ONDecember 10, 2014
Pros: non
Cons: 2-15 minute breaks for 8 hour shifts.
Great place to work at, however, the salary is not work the hard work, the abuse by customers, and the physical risks such as burns and cuts.
Timmies
Customer service (Current Employee), Niagara FallsDecember 10, 2014
Pros: free lunches, friendly staff, tips
Cons: income not reliable, dangerous work environment
Tim Hortons is a good employer if you want to get your foot in the door in the work world but if you're trying to support a family or pay multiple bills it isn't for you. The co-workers are very friendly and will help you out if needed. The job is good for learning how to multitask and work at a fast pace
baking
baker (Former Employee), Morden, MBDecember 10, 2014
Pros: i can eat good food
Cons: short breaks
i would get my coffee
then i would go up front and check how the display looks like
so if there would be any donuts or muffins or bagels missing i would write down how much i have to bake
then i would go to the back and bake them
and after bring them upfront \
and sell them
so i would have to use the till as well
Fun place to work but a large volume of customers
Cashier/Runner (Former Employee), King City, ONDecember 9, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Working here was not bad. Extremely busy location because it's on the highway. During summer the lines are huge and never end. A great team to work with. Kind of hard to understand co-workers sometimes due to language barriers.
Fun but mostly arguments
Team Member (Former Employee), Orangeville, ONDecember 9, 2014
Most of the staff at the location I worked at were clearly just working their till they went home, no one wanted to be their and everyone hated their job. I excel in workplaces where the staff is happy to be doing what they are doing, and here, they weren't.

1 2 3 4 5

About Tim Hortons

Tim Hortons Inc. is a Canadian fast casual restaurant known for its coffee and doughnuts. It is also Canada's largest fast food – Read more