Tim Hortons Employee Reviews

Found 7,279 reviews matching the search
Tout dépend de l'équipe et des patrons
Cuisinier (Former Employee) –  Quebec City, QC26 May 2017
J'avais une équipe sympas, je travaillais de nuit: On me laissais tranquille et je faisais ce que j'avais à faire.
Pros
Salaire minimum+ tip
Cons
Job stressante, salissante, peu gratifiante.
fun yet professional workplace with wonderful coworkers
Tim Hortons Team Member (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 May 2017
When I first started working at Tim Horton's I wasn't sure I'd enjoy it, but now that I have been working there for 6 months, it quite possibly has been one of the best and most productive 6 months of my life!
Pros
Free Donuts!
Redcliff Location
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Redcliff, AB25 May 2017
It was a great fun place to work at, however the management is not all that "great" . There is a lot of diversity because of out of country hires, you get the chance to learn new things and cultures.
Pros
Diversity
Cons
Bad Management
Managers were unbelievable
Baker/Cashier (Former Employee) –  London, ON25 May 2017
Managers would harass workers, make fun & use racism.. Was everyday & they would let people get away with everything. Coming in high, Late, people coming in to talk to employees during work hours (11pm -7am) did nothing about it.
Pros
Meeting & dealing with customers
Cons
Workplace was an issue
It is a good place to start with for your first job.
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC25 May 2017
It is very busy so it helps you learn to multi-task, and prioritize your work. Also, as a team member at the front of store, you're the first point of contact for customer complaints. Hence, you learn how to handle complicated situations professionally.
very nice place
Baker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 May 2017
was really hard to get to work took me 2 and a half hours to get to work everyday as the baker. I lived very far away from the tim hortons great co workers great manager. Was not very hard had lots of help was a team job so very easy to get things down together fast past but fun. 3 breaks two 15 mins one 30 mins free food and free coffee always nice and free donuts.
Pros
wonderful team to work with
Cons
long travel time wasnt fun
Good place to start in the workforce
Manager (Current Employee) –  Durham Region, ON24 May 2017
Good introduction to workforce for young individuals.

Fast pace. Flexible schedules. Career advancement opportunities.

Customer service based.

Can have long hours.
Great first job
Front counter (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON24 May 2017
Typical day starts with a hectic rush that lasts all day. I learned customer service and lots of patience. Good management stopped at my manager. The owner of the store didn't care about any of the employees. Only the pay cheque. The work place was stressful as there were times and goals you had to meet daily. The hardest part of the job was being harassed by customers over incorrect orders. The most enjoyable part was my coworkers.
Pros
Discount on donuts & free coffee
Cons
The owners
Very Fun to meet new faces everyday.
4) HMS HOST (Former Employee) –  Montréal-Ouest, QC24 May 2017
It was my first job as customer service, where i learned the most part of it.
Tim hortons at the airport had different faces everyday as the customers travelled and come all tired to get the coffee.
Pros
Good food and discounts
Cons
En vironnement de travail agreable
Gérante (Current Employee) –  Trois-Rivières, QC24 May 2017
Oui service àla clientèle très agréable et ainsi que nos employés.
Pros
Repas gratuit
Cons
24 heures
fun workplace and fast-paced
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC24 May 2017
A typical day at work would be fast-paced, whether you're on the coffee station, sandwich station or at the cash register, orders had to move quickly. Although, the environment of this job is very teamwork friendly, which alleviates the stress most of the time.
Pros
Free hot beverages
good work experience
supervisor (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS24 May 2017
good work environment, just not my specific field. I look forward in upcoming job opportunities and expanding my work experience. good job to start out
Pros
good work envionment
Cons
not my perfered field
Fast paced environment
Team Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AB24 May 2017
Having a first job be fast food allowed for customer service skills to grow continuously and well while working in a fun environment. The people who worked there all had amazing hearts and I made life long friendships while there.
Great Staff and Management
Team Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  London, ON24 May 2017
Great place to work, short or long-term. Lots of room to get up to store manager if thats what you want. Also is awesome about working around the hours/days you can work.
What I learned
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Trail, BC23 May 2017
I learned a lot of interpersonal skills working at Tim Horton's, not only how to be a supervisor, but how to multitask when everything ends up going down the drain!
Tim Hortons is fun environment to work.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Prince Albert, SK23 May 2017
I have to say working at Tim Horton's was fun and enjoyable even tho working with food is not my thing. I would recommend it to people who love working with others.
Friendly environment
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  woodbridge, ON23 May 2017
I worked there for 3 years, made good friends and coworkers are in general good people.
My manager was a good guy and very flexible about my schedule when needed. Is a busy environment so if you don't have experience it'll take you a while to get used to it and learn the entire menu.
Fast paced, generally cheerful
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Arnprior, ON23 May 2017
When i started I worked evenings which was tough because they never put enough people on.
Eventually I was placed on morning shifts because I could keep up with the pace, they have a timer at the drive-thru window that they use to track each customers time, which essentially means your racing through your whole shift till the end. It's good and bad, it's a lot of pressure but it helps the shift go by fast and it keeps you on your toes. It's not an easy job by far but it's not impossible or horrible; so long as everyone pulls their own weight.
I had good co-workers on the morning shifts because they only let the fastest most efficient people work those shifts in order to make the time.
I will follow this up with saying I worked in my home town Timmys so everyone was pretty friendly and we got a lot of the same customers everyday. It makes it easy when everyone kind of knows each other. Whereas if you're going to work in a big city location, I doubt the same can be said. In my experience big city management are too used to replacing people constantly so they treat you like shi until the next person to fill your role comes along.
Very Fast Paced
Barista / Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 May 2017
I only experienced very friendly staff while I was at Tim Horton's. People cared about each other. Although management had it's flaws, this is a great place to go if you are just looking for a little career start. You will gain bundles of knowledge from working with an array of different people.
Pros
15% Discount, Free Drinks and Food on shift
Cons
Stresful
Productive and fun workplace
Server (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB23 May 2017
Provide customer service at all times
Learned and developed communication and interpersonal skills
Diverse culture workplace
Get to know different kinds of people
Pros
Good work environment
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tim Hortons. Our community is ready to answer.