Tim Hortons Employee Reviews in Canada

Found 5,309 reviews matching the search
Fast paced work and friendly environment.
cashier/stock/drivethrough (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BCAugust 28, 2016
It is a fast paced work place, co-workers are very nice and works together. You try and get the orders in and make sure you have them all correct. The work place of this Tim Horton that I work at is a very friendly environment! The hardest part of the job was being super fast past working while working in the drive though, you got certain amount of time to get whatever it is your task is done! But that's what I enjoy the most is working fast with my co-worker and getting it done before the cars gets to the window :) what I also enjoy the most is having able to have fun while working in a fast paced environment and jokes here and there about our working pace!
Pros
staff discount
Cons
schedule management was alright but not the greatest
fun working
Front Cashier (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 28, 2016
sustainable job so far, gave me the courage and improve my customer service skills. Time works for me, and owner is considering all of our request mostly with timing and scheduling.
Great people horrible managment
baker\cashier\store front (midnights) (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ONAugust 28, 2016
Tdl owns all of Tim's in Kingston avoid working for them the stores are mismanaged from the management up, human resources even threatening to have me blackballed from a 10km radius of all Tim's because I refused to work with 1 co-worker
fast and friendly
Assistant manager (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONAugust 28, 2016
Flexible with school schedules. Fun and friendly atmosphere. Very busy and fast paced. A lot of standards to follow. Constantly on a timer. Build relationships with co workers and customers.
Nice place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABAugust 27, 2016
A typical day at work was fast paced and fun. I learned how to handle food properly and be very organized. management was nice and understanding. My co-workers where nice and made my day go a lot smoother because of our teamwork. The hardest part of the job was working the night shift. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with my co-workers.
Pros
they where really flexable
Cons
The pay
Great place to gain tons of skills and work in a very fast paced environment
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 26, 2016
Great atmosphere to work, with an open office concept. Management are courteous and friendly, the organization values family and team bonding. You are in charge of your own success.
Pros
Free lunches
Productive and enjoyable workplace
Store Front (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ONAugust 26, 2016
Typically, employees begin the day at brisk pace making sure that customers receive their orders in time and are able to leave for work at the time they need to. Despite this pressure, all employees are always providing an enjoyable atmosphere in the workplace.

Through this type of environment, I was able to learn how to work under a time-limit, work as efficiently as possible (by myself and with others), maintain the appropriate attitudes despite changing situations, and more.

Management and co-workers are both excellent because of people who are enjoyable to be around and will still make sure to achieve their objectives.

The hardest part of the job is the pressure to perform. It is something that is guaranteed when providing a service such as this. One always has to make sure they deliver their service properly and accurately.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the human interaction. Conversing with customers is one of the most interesting aspects of the job because you will meet many different people from various races, ethnicities, and religions.
very productive
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 26, 2016
very fasted pased work
management was wonder full to work with when ever needed
i have learned how to make coffee which i did not know before i started working there i enjoyed making tim bits loved it !!!!
Pros
free tim bits
Cons
8 hour shifts most time
Horrible workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Milton, ONAugust 26, 2016
Staff is treated poorly, minimal advantages and benefits. They do not care whether you are sick or injured, you must work. Stressful environment.
Productive and good communication to costumers.
Food counter attendant (Current Employee) –  Campbell River, BCAugust 26, 2016
Reliable productivity and good communication skills. A fun work place good team work.good manageable. Fast server good communication and to the worker .
Pros
Free bake goods and drinks 15% off for sandwiches any different drinks
Cons
Yes long hours
it was fun to work with new people
Customer Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 25, 2016
It was good to work in a multicultural environment. It was a good opportunity for me to learn new things,interact with the people living around me and learn about Canadian culture.
Pros
Free coffee
Fun and Enjoying the workplace
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 25, 2016
Team skills and ability of working hard on busy schedule.t
Better understanding between co-workers and the guests to
whom I serve.
Very fast-paced working environment, with lots of management experience available.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONAugust 25, 2016
From working with Tim Horton's for almost 3 years, I have gained fabulous communication skills. I have been developing my management skills, being a supervisor of Tim Horton's for the last 2 years.
Fun and it feels great seeing the customers everyday
Food Counter Attendant (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BCAugust 25, 2016
It is a fun working environment. We learn everything together.
It's more fun because we work with our bosses.
The most enjoyable part of the job is when it gets busy and everybody is so focused. Also when we hit our daily targets.
Pros
Free Meals
Cons
Not enough staff on a busiest day of the week
Productive.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Mcphillips Street Winnipeg ManitobaAugust 25, 2016
Busy store. Fast paced. We always take good care pf our customers. We give them fresh coffee and fresh product. Very strict of health safety and we always make sure that they will get the best service that they need.
The higher up you are the less work it is.
Customer Service Representative and Baker (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BCAugust 24, 2016
I worked with Tim Hortons for quite some time. In that time I managed to make my way from a team member right up to the point where I was training to be an assistant manager. On thing that I had noticed is that the higher you moved in the company the less work you had to do. As a team member you have ridiculous levels of pressure to get everything done as fast as possible. The cars can't wait at the drive-thru window for more than a few seconds. As a supervisor however it was your job to make sure breaks are being run efficiently and that the tills don't have too much cash in them at any given time. It was significantly less stressful.
Pros
Free donuts on breaks.
fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Prince Albert, SKAugust 24, 2016
Everyday is busy mostly during morning middayspecially.Ive learned how to be more multi tasker in everything you do but its so much fun. Management are ok as well as the my co workers i love them specially when after the busy hours they are so fun to be with .The hardest part of this job is that when someone didnt make to work and where busy its such a hassle.
Pros
half price for the items
Cons
short breaks
Good co-workers, poor management
Night-staff baker (Current Employee) –  Beausejour, MBAugust 24, 2016
Store owner leaves a under-qualified manager to her own devices to run the store. Quality and efficiency is minimal all supervisors lack actual training and try to use their position to abuse other staff members.
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
Under-qualified supervisors
Fast Paced work environment
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSAugust 24, 2016
At Tim Hortons, you must be able to thrive while under pressure. There is constantly things that need to get done. The hours are long, but the tips are nice, and the customers are friendly (for the most part).
friendly and competitive environment
Store Front (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONAugust 24, 2016
At tim Horton's you as well as your team members are always striving for better results. This is what I love about working at Tim Hortons, everyday you are setting new goals. Such as, decreasing drive thru times or increasing sales in lunch combos. I love working in a team environment and at Tim Hortons, it is all about working together.
Pros
friendly staff