Tim Hortons Employee Reviews in Canada

Found 5,170 reviews matching the search
Productive place to work
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ONJuly 6, 2016
I enjoyed working for Tim Hortons for most of the time I was there until one of the supervisors got a promotion to manager I was treated very differently I was picked on for things I didn't do.
I until ended up quitting The owners didn't want me to quit but I was tired of being accused of things that were not my fault. I would work for Tim Hortons again under different management.The most enjoyable was working as a team player and seeing my co workers everyday.The hardest part of the job was keeping times.
Standard entry level job
Front of House staff (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 21, 2016
A typical day at work includes cash management, time management, and product management. I have learned a lot on the job and I do believe it will help me along as it is a good place for anyone to start.
My co-workers are all great and we get along mostly, though their are still times when things can get a little tense, we can generally sort it out between ourselves.
The hardest part about the job is the guests who give us a hard time on certain things, but I don't let it bother me and work to fix the problem at hand.
The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting interesting new people and making new friends along the way.
Pros
Free products, or at least 50% discount
Cons
Pressure from guests and managment
Prudctive and funplace to work in
Team Member (Former Employee) –  674 kingston road, Pickering ,ONJuly 21, 2016
My typical day at work was consisted with communication by interacting with customers and team members making sure that I was getting every orders right. I learned how to communicate better with people around me. I also learned how to work as a team. My co workers were excellent because they taught me how to work as a team and also taught me how to do my job the right way. The hardest part of my job was that making sure that all orders were right and making sure that I didn't make any mistakes. The most enjoyable part of my job was to get to know my co workers and the customers.
A lot of Stress, unless you can self-reflect
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Greater Napanee, ONJuly 20, 2016
I would have to manage the floor and make sure everyone stays motivated throughout their shift.

I learned how to self-reflect.

Being a supervisor is a lot of pressure.

My co-workers were amazing!

The hardest part of my job was not being able to shut my role of being a supervisor off when I arrived home.

The most enjoyable part of my job was that I got to work with the public every day. I enjoy interacting and making someone's day hopefully a little more enjoyable.
Pros
Free food/drinks.
Cons
No time for me.
stressful job
Food Counter Attendant (Current Employee) –  Warman, SKJuly 24, 2016
I like my everyday shift 5 am -1 pm because the day flies by in a flash.Always busy especially during breakfast hours 6 am - 12 pm. I learned a lot of things at Tims like how to deal everyday with different people/customer. I dont like how they manage people or treat people because they have favoritism. They are one sided in short. I dont have problems with my co- workers. We always work as a team. For me the hardest part of the job when they keep sending people home after you work hard all day. The most enjoyable part of the job for me is we have free meal.
Pros
free meal
Cons
short hours
High pressure
Front Counter Staff (Former Employee) –  Lakefield, ONJuly 23, 2016
Tim Hortons was my first place of employment, as it is for a large amount of people. I loved all of the customers who came in from those who were just traveling through, to those who were there every day and knew me by name. The people I was working with every day were also fantastic. They had answers to all of my questions and were always happy to help. Working in fast food, there is always a certain amount of pressure on each person behind the counter and it did grow to be overwhelming at times, but we had a great team who would back anyone up who needed it.
Pros
Staff. Customers.
fun and fast pace
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Grand Bay, NBJune 23, 2016
Customers always come first. I would like to keep busy in between serving and perparing food. Cleaning is a big thing for me and i liked to keep everything as clean as i could. Some days were busier then others but it was still pretty busy, you never stop going. You did have your bad days when everyone seemed to be at your back or customers being very difficult but i always tried my best to make everyones life easier and make the public happy. There will always be that one costumer or that one co-worker. But at the end of the day i always went home happy knowing i served the people what they wanted and did it was a big smile. i love my job.
Pros
people you meet and the friends you will make
Cons
difficult costumers
Review of Tim Hortons
Tim Hortons Team Member (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ONJune 22, 2016
Working at Tim Hortons taught me to work under pressure, complete all tasks swiftly and efficiently and I have learned how to talk to customers, promote combos or deals and I learned to always give my 110% effort every shift. I learned to communicate with everyone on my shift and everyone I worked with I would work well with. This also taught me how to be a leader and take initiative when it's a slow night I was always cleaning, stocking and looking for ways to improve the store.
Great place with great staff.
Storefront Team Member (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONJune 23, 2016
I enjoyed working at Tim Hortons, the job was easy- the staff were friendly, and it was a good time being there.
The time went by very quickly in a shift, and our store owners allowed use to eat and drink whatever we would like for lunch, and enjoy free beverages throughout our shift.
You make a lot of great friends within the staff but also the customers, regular customers who you look forward to see come in.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Crazy customers
Great place to develop communication skills.
Cashier, storefront at Tim Hortons (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJune 27, 2016
A typical day involved, taking orders, cleaning, and preparing food.
I learned that a business takes hard work from all aspects of the company. The management was really professional. There were many great co-workers that helped each other. The hardest part was making sure you are working quickly. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to communicate with customers and create a positive atmosphere in the restaurant.
Pros
Discount on food, meeting new people
Cons
long hours, gets tiring
Workplace was productive
Counter Person (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BCJuly 1, 2016
Working at Tim Horton's has taught me very much in very little. I learned how to operate many machines, I learned how to work in drive thru, And I gained work speed and experience. A typical day at work is just taking a customers order and serving them with their order. The management at Tim Horton's is very good, The managers are very kind and treat all employees with respect. The co-workers are very good at Tim Horton's, they all treat each other the same with lots of love and respect. The hardest part of the job is when it gets way to busy for everyone to handle. The most enjoyable part at Tim Horton's is working with people that are very kind and nice.
Pros
Free lunches, 30 min break
Cons
to many shifts in a week
Fun workplace
Store Front (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONJuly 2, 2016
It's nice to work at Tim Hortons but then Manager of the store can't give me/ employees enough hours which i need to find another job. He just giving me 2 day specifically 3pm to 8pm in a week and im about 4 months working there so whats the point of staying there right. Some co-workers are rude and very mean they make everything a big deal but some are nice and great to be with. But all in all I love working at Tim Hortons <3. I enjoy learning how to make coffees, serving customers, and enjoying the day with my teams <3.
Well organized and great learning environment
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONJuly 3, 2016
Tim Horton's is a great work environment, not only did it build my customer service experience however it made me realize the importance of the customers needs as well as the importance of professionalism. Hardest part of the job is not being able to give the customers what they'd like due to shortage of stock, however most enjoyable is when you get to offer them a different option and they're happy with it.
Pros
my team
Cons
short staff during busy hours
Other employees made the job.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONJuly 6, 2016
Other Team Members were fantastic and enjoyable to work with, difficulties came during the 6am-11am morning rush and everything would go crazy. Something would always go wrong, someones car would break down, we were short staffed, a hockey tournament, that would add to the difficulty. Management would not be very understanding of any delays or hiccups that occurred so it was immensely frustrating.
Pros
Other team members
Cons
Management not understanding
Tim Horton's and team member
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ONJuly 11, 2016
i work the cash/ drive thru, and sandwich center. i have learn many skills like keeping my work station clean and stocked. i have worked day,evening, and night shift. i can stock/ merchandise the store as needed. I have learned good time management skills, how to a team player, to keep my work station clean and organized. i get along great with my managers and co-workers. i love the fast paced environment, and seeing a happy customer leave with correct order. i love getting to meet new people and work with new team members Some other skills are:
- listening skills
-help handle customer complaints
-help train new staff members
Fast pace and really hands on
Tim Hortons Team Member (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJuly 12, 2016
Every shift is like a constant rush hour, non-stop, fast pace, but enjoyable. My co-workers are like family, they make the shift enjoyable. I've learned a lot from my co-workers, not only skills for the job at Tim Horton, but also skills for life in general.
Having a strong sense of time management is extremely important, because not only do we have to serve our guest and maintain cleanliness in our restaurant but we also have secondary task to complete before the shift ends. The hardest part of this job would be keeping up with our drive thru times and making sure our customers have a 100% satisfaction when they enter and leave the restaurant.
Great First full time job experience
Supervisor, Team Member, Baker, Trainer (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ONJuly 19, 2016
I loved the people I met, the people I worked with, the new obstacles that we would face, and I loved the management. I learned how to think freely and think out of the box in order to solve problems. I also learned how to communicate better with customers and how to handle tricky situations without a panic. The hardest part would be having to be aggressive with the employees when they step out of line because I want everyone to enjoy the workplace but at the end of the day, work needs to be done and they arent being paid to stand around. the most enjoyable part was the happy and nice customers who would remember you and ask how your day is going.
Fast-paced and simple tasks
ashier, Runner, Food Prep, Drive (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABJuly 19, 2016
a typical shift at tim hortons would be 8 hrs with a 10 minute break (counted down with a stop watch) roughly two hours into a shift and two hours before your shift ends. upon arrival, you sign in and look at the station you will be working that day. all tasks are simple and typically you are surrounded by co workers willing to answer any and all your questions. A shift goes by quite fast and you can use your 10% discount on your breaks or before/after your shift.
Pros
10% discount during your shift
Cons
intense shifts (busy)
Dependant on location and owner
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Niagara, ONJune 18, 2016
Overall, Tim Horton's is a great entry level job... enjoyable for the first 6 months if you're working with great people. Teaches you communication and multitasking skills, and gives you a basic understanding of work policies and health and safety mandates.
Short of that; it's awful.
Underpaid, underappreciated, horrible benefits, excessive pressure from head office with unrealistic expectations.
No advancement opportunities.
No raises.. You can work for the company for 9 years and be paid the same amount as someone who was hired tomorrow.
Pros
Relaible schedule/hours
Cons
No advancement or raises, unrealistic expectations from head office
Tim Horton's
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONJune 20, 2016
A Typical day working at Tim Hortons was there was a lot of tasks to focus on at hand. I learnt how to properly use the cashier and how to work with my team affectively. I also learnt how to make the merchandise that was being sold. The management at Tim Horton's was on ball with there employees and made sure that the employees were on top of there day to day jobs. Although when working at Tim Horton's the hardest part of the job was the drive through and keeping the time down. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the number of different customers and remembering the frequent customers orders before the came up to the counter.
Pros
great team members, great manager
Cons
long distance