Tim Hortons
3,724 reviews

Tim Hortons Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
excellent communication and team building skills
cashier (Former Employee), calgary, ABJuly 4, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: no breaks
There was excellent communication and team building skills. I learned a lot about how to address others and bring a positive environment towards the team and customers.
not compensated well
Food Counter Attendant (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 4, 2015
Pros: Free snacks (small coffee, 1 donut/3 timbits/1 muffin)
Cons: not compensated well
i enjoy the company of my co-workers but i am not compensated well. the management is not that concern with the complaints of the customers
Enjoyable to serve the public.
Cashier/Counter Clerk (Former Employee), Windsor OntarioJuly 3, 2015
Pros: Free coffee while at work; discount on lunch.
Cons: Working with a very young aged group that didn't want to work.
I began work Monday-Friday at 5:30am until 1:30pm. Working the cash register, taking customers orders, and filling their orders.

I enjoyed greeting the public, and providing good customer service quickly and efficiently, with a polite and cheerful attitude.

My co-workers and I worked together as a team, except for the younger kids who stayed in the back doing their own thing instead of working. That was the hardest part of the job. I was working very hard and they were not even at the counter, yet wanted to share my tips. I didn't appreciate that.

The most enjoyable part of my job, was working with the public. I made quite a few regular customers that would deliberately wait until my till was available for me to serve them, and let others go ahead to other tills. That gave me pride in my work, knowing that I was keeping the customers satisfied and that they chose me in particular to wait on them.
Not the best place to work
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONJuly 2, 2015
Pros: Free Donuts
Cons: Long Hours for not enough pay
A typical day work was usually not bad if people were working who knew what they were doing. There were alot of lazy people hired. Management was also not that great and did not express any concern or aid in fxing problems when workers were having problems.
Productive, fast paced, just poor attitudes at this particular store
Front Counter Staff (Current Employee), London, ONJuly 2, 2015
Job security is great. Co-workers have poor attitudes on a daily basis. Management can be friendly as long as you cater to them. Very fast paced though. Competitive with drive thru times. I've learned team work and being efficient in speed. I do enjoy the interaction with customers. Hardest part is learning to deal with certain situations i.e co-workers attacking verbally to other co-workers.
GOOD WORK ENVIRONMENT
Customer Service and Food Production (Current Employee), MAPLE RIDGEJuly 2, 2015
Tim Hortons is a good beginner job where we can learn to communicate, work under pressure, work as a team player. I think the most important about tim hortons is that everyone gets along and everyone is happy where they at and work because of very good flexible schedules and easily get a cover for a shift
TIM HORTONS REPRESENTATIVE
Food service attendant and worked as supervisor (Current Employee), calgary, albertaJuly 1, 2015
Cons: long hours, short money
This job has made a lot of problems in my past time career. It has been a very brutal job do my experience with other peers. It is very difficult to work in the position I currently work in and get paid very little.
It a fast and good customer service
Cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 1, 2015
In Tim Hortons, I learned about remarkable customer service

supportive and helpful management in my work place

All my co-workers are very friendly and very helpful.

The hardest part of the job is customers because when we serve the product to customer we need do very carefully.

The most enjoyable part of the job is work with my friends and do all work very fast.
Team work based environment
Counter Staff (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONJuly 1, 2015
Pros: You get take homes, team-oriented, Great full-timer benefits
Cons: Minimum wage, Limited hours, Part-timers neglected
One thing I really enjoyed was that everyone helps everyone out. We are a team and if someone is falling behind we are encouraged to job in and help to satisfy the customer.

Management was quite accommodating for me religious need to dress in a long skirt instead of pants. The head office on the other hand made things difficult and kept extending the time to expect the new uniform.

They take care of their full-time employees but us part-timers aren't as well looked after. Scheduling shifts for part-times is very limited and you are expected to be ok with it.
Motivating and challenging environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), ScarboroughJuly 1, 2015
Talked to people in regular basis
Severed customers
Worked in a fast manner
Learnt to operate under stress
Cleaned at end of the shift
Great workplace and great teamwork
Team Member (Current Employee), Yonge StreetJune 30, 2015
I work part-time in Tim Hortons. On Monday, Wednesday and Friday I work from 7:00 till noon. I've learned lots about team work and great communication skills in Tim Hortons. The company culture and hospitality tradition is worth learning and very useful for every jobs.
working at tim hortons
supervisor (Former Employee), Whitby, ONJune 30, 2015
A typical day would be meeting your favourite co-worker /managers and customers greeting and meeting with a smile . I have learn to work as a team , be a leader and a good role model. all my co-workers were wonderful met lot of new friends with diverse background which I found very interesting to learn about other people language ,cultures, background etc. The hardest part of the job was working in a fast pace environment but then after working for a while I gain many experience and I loved it. the most enjoyable part is making the customers happy cause when they leave happy with a smile on their face u feel like u accomplish something that's about it
Busy and Fast
Associate (Current Employee), Mississauga, OntarioJune 29, 2015
• Providing high quality customer service to clients
• Examining, cleaning and sterilizing all facilities between every sta
• Generate the bill and collect payments
Productive Workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee), Cainsville, ONJune 28, 2015
Co-workers were very fun to work with. Good memories, good laughs. Poor management and poor work hours. Best part of the job was interacting with regular everyday customers.
At a loss for words as the demands are many and the rewards limited!
Cook/Prep (Current Employee), Edson, ABJune 28, 2015
Pros: Free food and hot beverages
Cons: Not a good balance between day and night shifts and limited growth potential!
A typical day includes exhaustive challenges as is expected from the nature of the beast with an always supportive management that is about personal growth and development. However the red tape and politics soon exhaust one leaving one questioning and searching for solutions and answers!
Busy
Team Member (Former Employee), New Westminster, BCJune 28, 2015
Its so busy so so busy , busy Its so busy so so busy , busy Its so busy so so busy , busy Its so busy so so busy , busy Its so busy so so busy , busy Its so busy so so busy , busy Its so busy so so busy , busy Its so busy so so busy , busy Its so busy so so busy , busy Its so busy so so busy , busy Its so busy so so busy , busy Its so busy so so busy , busy Its so busy so so busy , busy Its so busy so so busy , busy
Busy and Fun Workplace
Supervisor (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 27, 2015
Pros: Free Food, Movie tickets, wonderland tickets, health insurance, etc
Cons: Super busy, no fixed hours
Working at Tim Hortons is amazing.My typical day starts with a Managers walk-through followed up by determining shift objectives, allocating tasks with secondary duties and positioning staff.I supervise all the activities along with helping the store front, expedite and handle customer quarries.I close cash registers, post banking information in the system and make bank deposits.
I have learned a lot about management operations, cost control and handling human resources.
I work with a team of 18 employees from different nationalities which is very exciting. It makes work fun and happening.
I honestly do not find anything hard about this job expect for the fact that it drains all the energy out of you by the end for the shift.
For me the most enjoyable part of the job is setting target performance for my staff.
Taylorist
Team Member (Former Employee), Windsor ONJune 27, 2015
Fast-food with emphasis on speed to meet (largely unreasonable) time objectives. Tips from high-volume drive-through stores can offset the high-stress environment.
Wonderful staff
Supervisor (Former Employee), Montague, PEJune 25, 2015
Going to work was almost always fun. Good connections were easily made between co-workers and regular guests. Hours were easily obtained.
Lovely late nights, baking
Overnight Supervisor in Training (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJune 24, 2015
Pros: Free hot beverages, drinks and dougnuts were good, training for supervising was a plus
Cons: Morning employees were unreasonably strict and angry towards overnight staff
Training to work overnights, logging notes, ensuring delivery of goods in the morning. It was enjoyable, and the food was good.

1 2 3 4 5

About Tim Hortons

Tim Hortons Inc. is a Canadian fast casual restaurant known for its coffee and doughnuts. It is also Canada's largest fast food – Read more