Tim Hortons Employee Reviews in Canada

Found 5,174 reviews matching the search
Fun, busy and multi tasking.
Food Counter Attendant/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 28, 2016
Tim Hortons is the first job I have in Canada. It's fun and inviting. You deal with diffrent kinds of people, assist them and sells a lot of food and drinks. You have to be fast and attention on details because its a Food and Service industry. The only thing I don't like here is they give me more responsibilities than the others.
Pros
Free drinks and with bonus.
Cons
Responsibility infareness.
Too Much work for little Pay
Drive-Thru/Store Front Team Member (Former Employee) –  Bowmanville, ONJuly 27, 2016
Loved the people I worked with but was constantly screamed at for things out of my control, and not paid enough for the effort I put into making things right.
Pros
Nice coworkers
Cons
Terrible pay
Friendly Environment.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 27, 2016
I love to work with my team members. And most importantly I like my manager the most. she is wonderful person. She helps me in a lot many different ways. Every great place to work.
Steady job with good co-workers.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Port Hope, ONJuly 25, 2016
I have been working at Tim Hortons for 4 years and have just recently been promoted to a management position. The people that I work with have a mutual respect for me, and we run a very productive, fun shift. I have learned a tremendous amount about customer service during my time here that I will forever hold as a very important lesson. The most enjoyable part of my job is when I get to see the look on a customers face when they arrive at the counter to their order already completed because I have it memorized. It makes them feel special and appreciated.
Pros
Making new relationships with customers/co-workers.
Cons
Not the best salary.
productive and stressful workplace
Storefront Floor Staff/Baker/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCJuly 25, 2016
enjoyed my time working for them but too stressful to want to stay so long and poor management all over that needs ot change
Pros
discount
Cons
managment
stressful job
Food Counter Attendant (Current Employee) –  Warman, SKJuly 24, 2016
I like my everyday shift 5 am -1 pm because the day flies by in a flash.Always busy especially during breakfast hours 6 am - 12 pm. I learned a lot of things at Tims like how to deal everyday with different people/customer. I dont like how they manage people or treat people because they have favoritism. They are one sided in short. I dont have problems with my co- workers. We always work as a team. For me the hardest part of the job when they keep sending people home after you work hard all day. The most enjoyable part of the job for me is we have free meal.
Pros
free meal
Cons
short hours
Great workplace
Tim Hortons Team Member (Former Employee) –  Valleyview, ABJuly 24, 2016
I had fun working at the Tim Horton establishment, the people were great, the job was fun, working at Tim Hortons, i loved my job, i hope to work at another if possible,
Pros
Half off my lunch, the food was great, the staff, the customers
Cons
No cons
Fun workplace
Supervisor/Server (Former Employee) –  Swan River, MBJuly 23, 2016
Funwork place.You will meet different kind of people. Preparing drinks and sandwiches. Providing excellent customer service. Rotational shift.
Great Beginner Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCJuly 23, 2016
Overall Tim Horton's did teach me a lot about customer service relations as well as working in a fast paced environment and being able to multi-task.
Pros
good hours
Cons
minimum wage
great
Manager (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BCJuly 23, 2016
typical day for me was changing tills, counting tills, doing up schedules and serving customers, addressing customer issues and fixing machines. and making sure the day went smoothly. positioned the staff were they need to be. (aces in there places)
Pros
customers
Cons
flexibilty
High pressure
Front Counter Staff (Former Employee) –  Lakefield, ONJuly 23, 2016
Tim Hortons was my first place of employment, as it is for a large amount of people. I loved all of the customers who came in from those who were just traveling through, to those who were there every day and knew me by name. The people I was working with every day were also fantastic. They had answers to all of my questions and were always happy to help. Working in fast food, there is always a certain amount of pressure on each person behind the counter and it did grow to be overwhelming at times, but we had a great team who would back anyone up who needed it.
Pros
Staff. Customers.
A very flexible job
Kitchen Staff (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ONJuly 22, 2016
There are usually 3 work shifts at Tim Horton's. During my training days, i was given the opportunity to work all three shifts in order for my managers to figure out where i fit in best. I was trained as a baker and as a team member at the same time, and I was informed that i am doing excellent at both. I find baking particularly fun and exciting so I chose to work as a baker full time. There are up's and downs when it comes to co-workers, but it can't all be sun shines and rainbows, but i am still able to communicate and get the job done no matter the situation. The hardest part of being a baker for me, would be the balance between supply, demand and product making during peak hours, and the time management of our 2 ovens when making the products, but being able to see all the smiling faces of the customers who enjoys the products that me and my team provides makes all the hard work worth it, gives me more than enough motivation to improve my self more.
Pros
Always a challenging day.
Cons
Pay could be a little bit low for the work demand.
Fun place to work at with great colleagues
Food Counter Attendant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 22, 2016
It was a fun place to work at. Met lots of interesting people and enjoyed what I was doing.
The staff members I worked with were easy to get along with and made the work environment a positive place to be in.
Standard entry level job
Front of House staff (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 21, 2016
A typical day at work includes cash management, time management, and product management. I have learned a lot on the job and I do believe it will help me along as it is a good place for anyone to start.
My co-workers are all great and we get along mostly, though their are still times when things can get a little tense, we can generally sort it out between ourselves.
The hardest part about the job is the guests who give us a hard time on certain things, but I don't let it bother me and work to fix the problem at hand.
The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting interesting new people and making new friends along the way.
Pros
Free products, or at least 50% discount
Cons
Pressure from guests and managment
Prudctive and funplace to work in
Team Member (Former Employee) –  674 kingston road, Pickering ,ONJuly 21, 2016
My typical day at work was consisted with communication by interacting with customers and team members making sure that I was getting every orders right. I learned how to communicate better with people around me. I also learned how to work as a team. My co workers were excellent because they taught me how to work as a team and also taught me how to do my job the right way. The hardest part of my job was that making sure that all orders were right and making sure that I didn't make any mistakes. The most enjoyable part of my job was to get to know my co workers and the customers.
Good place to start off in Canada
Customer Service Executive (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 21, 2016
Good place to start for a beginner in Canada with a decent survival pay. Flexible timings for house wives, students, elders etc.,
Pros
flexible timings
Cons
less salary
A lot of Stress, unless you can self-reflect
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Greater Napanee, ONJuly 20, 2016
I would have to manage the floor and make sure everyone stays motivated throughout their shift.

I learned how to self-reflect.

Being a supervisor is a lot of pressure.

My co-workers were amazing!

The hardest part of my job was not being able to shut my role of being a supervisor off when I arrived home.

The most enjoyable part of my job was that I got to work with the public every day. I enjoy interacting and making someone's day hopefully a little more enjoyable.
Pros
Free food/drinks.
Cons
No time for me.
Its very fun to work with the team members.
Customer Service/ Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mcvean and castlemoreJuly 19, 2016
I love to work in a nice ans peaceful environment and I love to learn new things.
I have to keep in learning things
Which will help me alot in the future.
Stressful
Front Counter (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONJuly 19, 2016
it was ok, not my favourite place to work. It was a little too fast pace and dangerous because you can spill hot pots of coffee so easily. It was good pay but I am looking for a job that pays more and gives me more hours.
Very average
Cashier/food prep/sandwich station/stock/floor (Former Employee) –  Ponoka, ABJuly 19, 2016
Work days were very busy in the mornings and very slow at night. Employers were not keeping peoples schedules proper and messed peoples days up, very disorganized at times and tends to lose employee files. Co workers were great, very friendly. Mornings were very exhausting. I enjoyed the free food.
Pros
Free food and good pay
Cons
exhausting shifts and the smell