Tim Hortons
2,444 reviews

Tim Hortons Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
great people to work with
Trainer (Current Employee), Palgrave, ONJuly 9, 2014
A typical day at my work is different as we all get moved around and there are different customers and orders
cashier and customer service
Customer Service / Cashier (Former Employee), weston and steelesJuly 9, 2014
Pros: good manager
Cons: too far
I was cashier there and also do the customer service.i maintain the record of temperature sheets.
Easy, Common sense, unpredictable hours, fast, customer service
front of store (Current Employee), Windsor ONJuly 9, 2014
Pros: %50 off when working
Cons: not reliable hours for part-time
at Tim Horton you will need to be good at doing repetitive motions quickly and with the least amount of mistakes, it can be fun but its a minimum wage job so its not the best, and the jobs not for you if you are not patient with people.
Nice coworkers, but small working place
Cashier (Former Employee), Atwater, QCJuly 9, 2014
Pros: free food for break, nice coworkers
Cons: small working place, unstable work hours, underground in the metro, no air conditioner
I was working near the college, so weekdays were extremely busy.
The workplace was very small, you cant even call it a restaurant or a typical Tim Hortons. At the beginning of the work hours, its packed with a lot of coworkers from this shift and the one before.

It was my first time as a cashier and i found it very interesting. having to communicate – more... with the clients and making them smile was one of the best parts.

The management was alright, all the coworkers were doing what they were supposed to do. The people i was working with, was what made the day pass faster and enjoy the day at work.

Hardest part was again the working place, it was very hard to move around, everything would get messy, especially the working clothes we had. With the busy hours we had, it was a mass at the beginning of the working hours (and for a couple more) – less
Busy, fast pace environment
Counter Attendant (Former Employee), Ponoka, ABJuly 8, 2014
Busy envorionment. Constantly on your feet. Exhausted by the end of the day
Very productive and busy work.
Store Front Cashier (Former Employee), Ottawa OntarioJuly 8, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: very busy
Tim Hortons is not your every day "fast food" restaurant. It's a place that truly cares of every single person that walks in and out of the store. Although it was a fun job, it was extremely busy and always working at 6/7am at a coffee shop, does sadly take a toll on you.
fast paced environment
cashier and baker (Current Employee), Pierrefonds QCJuly 8, 2014
I start my shift at 6am. since it is a fast paced environment, i have to manage my team and make sure that I serve customer efficiently.

I learned how to handle stressful environment, public speaking, customer service and manage my team. I am a great team leader.

I enjoy my work because I get to serve customers efficiently.
great place to work
Hostess (Former Employee), delhi onJuly 8, 2014
tim hortons is faced paced, great employess. everyone knows what the job is to be done. every body works together
Tim hortons
Evening Shift Supervisor/ Team Member (Former Employee), victoria bcJuly 8, 2014
Somewhat stressful due to extreme rushes, awesome coworkers and good atmosphere.
Fun and friendly environment
Store Front (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBJuly 7, 2014
Fast-paced workplace and experience. Learned about customer service and safety food preparation. Co-workers are friendly and outgoing. The hardest part of the job is independent multi-tasking following a designated time of service. The enjoyable part of the job is working with the friendly and fun staff.
Love tim hortons
Team Member (Former Employee), Renfrew, ONJuly 7, 2014
I loved working at Tim hortons. The fast pace and the people were just awesome.
productive
Suoervisior (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONJuly 7, 2014
Pros: work hour always 40 hours.
Cons: benefits
I would arrive at work at 5 am first checked washrooms, dinning room,garbages checked outside drive thru lane, garbages, and lights. changed tills, did time and temps, helped staff when needed to serve customers, maintained level of coffee so we would not run out, along with decaf and steep tea. went to drive thru until Manager came unto the floor then – more... went to my own till till all staff arrived for their shifts and would go where managers requised I would go. During my shift I would check dining room , washrooms to maintain cleanliness. Garbage changed often. work with my team mate either on bagel bar or front counter... and on occasion help the baker when they became overwhelmed. and before I left for the day I Changed tills. – less
Not a healthy work atmosphere
Worker (Former Employee), kingston, onJuly 6, 2014
Pros: nope
Cons: agnews were to cheap to really do anything.
the only highlight was the Customers. They were polite and delightful to see.
Crazy ride and long hours but now that I'm gone I'm missing my tims family!
Supervisor/Baker (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONJuly 6, 2014
Pros: high number of hours available every week
Cons: long shifts, low pay, next to no benefit/advancement
My experience of Tim Hortons, as chaotic as it was, is one I miss. It's been a couple months that I have been gone but whenever they release a new product I still catch myself saying "we" instead of "they", it feels like I lost a family. At a job like that, team work and communication is a key asset and while working here it was like we were all apart – more... of a machine, you had to be using both hands as fast as you can while knowing where everyone else is in order to dodge them, plus accommodate their needs. It is definitely an environment where you need to be able to easily be able to pick things up quickly, it was able to challenge and push me to be able to do better. I looked forward to going into work, not only because it was the professional environment I needed to flourish but because everyone is close friends there. With only a limited staff list everyone had spent many hours together, so after your first week of adjusting you will be non stop laughing on shift, definitely the most enjoyable part of the job. The hardest part would have been the transition from team member to supervisor, in the beginning it was a struggle to get there, I love her to death but my manager would undermine me so all the employees thought there wasn't any weight behind my words and I even had to force her to train me certain things because she would constantly forget. And it's situations like that that'll clearly demonstrate a persons social skills, I wasn't the kind of person who would let anything stop me from succeeding at my job and I had to break from being their buddy when we were at work and become an extension of management as I liked to call it. This break was the hardest part of my job, but through it I was able to gain the leadership knowledge I now possess. By the time I had to quit I had gone through a journey in that store, many people can't handle food service jobs but to me it wasn't the job that mattered. I just wanted something I could give my all and commit myself too and Tim Hortons gave me all that, which is why any review I could ever write about it would only be glowing. – less
fun, very productive
Food Counter Attendant (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 5, 2014
Pros: free meal during break, medical & dental benefits
the location of Tim Horton i worked for is very busy specially during morning..when i worked i don't even notice the time because i really had fun at work..my employer was a really good to us.
produtive workplace with peacefull work environment
Store-front Associate (Former Employee), Regina, SKJuly 5, 2014
Pros: team work and rewards
Cons: sick calls
usually mornings are very busy. The typical day was one day we were short of staffs.At that me and supervisors and 4 of our team members managed to save our drive throw timings plus front customers of our Tim Horton We managed the coffee,sandwich unit, order taking both of front and drive throw. We did that as a team which was not possible without everyone – more... co-operation.The enjoyable part was doing work with fun as a team. – less
Not worth it!
Store Front (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJuly 4, 2014
Simply too much work for very little pay.
I have to work 5 times as hard and still got paid $10.25/ hour
Breaks are not paid and are mandatory
Too man rude people (workers and customer)
and VERY long hours (8-12 hour shifts)
Productive and a fun environment.
Team Member (Former Employee), Aurora, ONJuly 4, 2014
The management is very understanding and the co-workers are vey helpful as well as fun and entertaining. The hardest part of the job is getting complaints from the customers. The most enjoyable part of the job is working at the drive-thru.
Meeting different types of people everyday is a enjoyable healthy environment to work with.
Food Counter Attendant (Current Employee), Campbell River, BCJuly 4, 2014
In a daily basis you will learn how to interact to different types of people to build a team work within your co workers and managers in able to make the task more easier and faster service for the customer in a manner of sincere and friendly service to all of the patrons and also to meet the drive thru time with accurate and fresh food that we served. – more... And the most enjoyable part in working in this company is you will see that the customer is keep coming back not just for the good food but also for a high quality of customer service. – less
Good start on food career gives you opportunities to advance
Customer Service (Former Employee), Aldergrove, BCJuly 4, 2014
Pros: advancement
Cons: low pay
Tim Horton's is a fun entry level job to start out with. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the smile on the regular customer's faces when you get their order correct, this ensures that the customer will come back and will continue to request you to serve them.

1 2 3 4 5

About Tim Hortons

Tim Hortons Inc. is a Canadian fast casual restaurant known for its coffee and doughnuts. It is also Canada's largest fast food – Read more