Tim Hortons Employee Reviews

Found 7,247 reviews matching the search
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 May 2017
A typical day at work will start with counting down the inventories.
I have learnt to be patient.
I managed employees.
Workplace culture is good.
The hardest part of the job is dealing with bad customers.
The most enjoyable part of the job is working with good team members.
What I have learned working at Tim Hortons
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ON21 May 2017
I've learned to multitask. I've learned that there's coffee for everyone. I've learned that people loves Tim Hortons. I've learned that a little tip can go a long way. And the best part about working in a coffee shop (other than the awesome employees and drinking coffee all day) is learning how much effort is put into one beverage.
Great place and friends
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 May 2017
Very friendly working environment, colleagues became friends. owner was very friendly and treated everyone fairly and with respect. Gained great experience.
Highly Energetic and fast pace organisation
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON21 May 2017
Working at Tim Hortons is exciting and challenging, but accepting and over coming these challenges is kind of addiction for the person who want to learn about Canada and its people. I started as Store front and worked from there to supervisor and now as an assistant manager. The only thing working at my position is lacking its not as rewarding when it comes to salary and other benefits because no matter how hard you work and how many extra hours you work, you are only getting dry 40 hours pay with no bonus or any other benefit. The hardest part in my role is to keep myself motivated even after 50-60 hours of work you only gets paid for 40 hours with a very low hourly wage rate. The most enjoyable part is the everyday adventure of coping up with challenges.
Pros
free lunchs
Cons
no sick day pay, no good benefits, low salary rate
good relation with all workers
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON21 May 2017
i had learn lots of thing such as teamwork,how to work under pressure , how to deal with customer,how to deal with difficult situation like some customers are too rude as well as improve my communication skills and also my confidence level.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
provide less hours
bad workplace
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 May 2017
its a boring workplace with bad team mates and management sucks. Food comes half priced for workers and are never free. But can take water breaks in between shifts working 8 hours only gives 30min break instead of 2
Pros
half priced lunch
Cons
bad workplace and restaurant owner
Fast paced environment
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON20 May 2017
Tim Hortons is a fast paced environment and it is due to the fact that we are always busy. The management is the most negative part of this job since they base they're judgement on the way you look, and that is also the hardest part of the job. The most enjoyable part is when i work with my friends since they force me to have a positive attitude.
Pros
shift flies by
Cons
negative atmosphere
Interesting
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC20 May 2017
Everyone was very helpful and kind and our staff worked as a team whenever there was a problem. The management although they weren't lenient with our schedules they encouraged us to work harder.
Productive workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON20 May 2017
Every day going into Tims is always the same. You expect the same things and do the same tasks repetitively. On job happiness is heavily dependent on who you are working with.
Okay place to work
Front Counter Attendant (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK20 May 2017
Good place to work. But the job becomes to repetitive as you can be stuck doing the same task for the whole shift. Alot of the time that requires you to being standing in one spot for a long period of time
Didn't get many hours
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Fort Erie, ON20 May 2017
When I first started I got tons of hours and good pay but about 2 months in when they hired new employees that I trained they stopped giving me as many shifts per week and the max I'd get is 2-3 shifts rather then 5-6.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Bad Salary
Okay
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON20 May 2017
It's sucks to have to work with the public but overall enjoyable if you can make friends flexible hours for the most part. a great place to start off to make money
Pros
Meal Plan
Cons
Dealing with customers
Team work
Customer Service Representative & Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC19 May 2017
Good Place to learn team values. management is cooperative. Flexible Schedule. They take good Care of Food Saftey and Cleanliness. Customer service is their first priority.
great place to work
Crew member/ Baker (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON19 May 2017
it has some problems but your going to run into that anywhere you go. after my last job i have no complaints here except for being short staffed. they are very understanding when it comes to mental health and staff is very friendly and make you feel included and important.
Pros
30%off and free coffee
Cons
short staff. get called in alot
Good part time job
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Bolton, ON19 May 2017
Good for a part time job. This job at Tim Hortons has allowed me to work in a fast paced environment gaining great experience in dealing with the public.
A great place to work!
Tim Hortons Team Member (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON19 May 2017
Tim Hortons was a great place for me to learn how to work in a fast paced environment. Since Tim Hortons is open 24/7, I was able to work very early in the morning which was ideal for me.
Pros
Variety of shifts
Cons
Always standing
Leaders needed inorder to successfully operate the resturant
Tim Hortons Team Member (Former Employee) –  London, ON19 May 2017
Many duties, over worked, minimum wage not fair enough for work duties. Terrible management, hours may vary drastically even if part or full time. Depending on the store, the managers and supervisors are always stressed. Can be a very stressful environment.
Pros
half off food
Cons
everything
Timmies
Tim Hortons Team Member (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON19 May 2017
Very fast paced. Does not train you for long, and expects you to learn the things you aren't taught on your own, then scolded for messing up or asking for too much help.
Fast going and fast service
Membre d'equipe (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC19 May 2017
The days are long because of the rushes, sometimes management could be stressful, telling you do 10 different things at once. Hardest part is being efficient with time.
Pros
Meet alot of people
Cons
stressful
Great staff
Baker (Former Employee) –  Gravenhurst, ON19 May 2017
friendly staff flexible hours understanding management baking Donuts pastries ect. serving customers and cleaning. OK teamwork busy during the summer and slow from November to April I have also learned you have to be fast and well organized.
Pros
2 15 minute breaks
Cons
More work less staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tim Hortons. Our community is ready to answer.