Tim Hortons Employee Reviews

Found 6,837 reviews matching the search
Never applying to fast food places again
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC23 April 2017
A typical day would be cleaning my area (usually the front till) and doing dishes and checking off small duties I had to do every shift. I learned customer services during this job. Management was fine as transportation was easy and hours worked out with school. The workplace was a bit diverse as I was the youngest member there. The hardest part of the job was learning the computer and where everything was under. The most enjoyable part of the job would be cleaning.
Pros
10% off
Cons
little pay
Fun place to work
Counter Staff (Former Employee) –  Cochrane, AB23 April 2017
Tim Hortons is a fun place to work as the co-workers are always a great time, however, there is never room for job growth and is tough to get a raise in pay.
Pros
Fun coworkers, easy scheduling, flexible
Cons
No advancement
Great way to make new friends
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Bowmanville, ON23 April 2017
Overall, it is an OK spot to work. You will make great long term friends.. however the amount of work you do in 1 shift doesn't compare to your wage.. low pay for high work.. 3/10
Good working environment.
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  1094 bloor st west, Toronto, ON23 April 2017
Working at Tim Horton's helped me gain costumer service skills and improve my interaction with costumers. the other employees make the environment comfortable and easy to learn from.learn good customer service skills. cleaning that are. fast working, team work. prepare food, prepare coffee.make a bill payment. good housekeeping. Everything was good. I am happy to be able to work with a good team.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Great working hours
It is a good job as a student, very good with working around school hours
Baker/Storefront (Current Employee) –  Orangeville, ON23 April 2017
I thoroughly enjoy working at Tim Hortons, it was very much a team work type of job, and with lots of variety and different positions that you could work at for the course of one shift. Friendly environment, and there were so many employees, such a variety of people and most of them really good to get along with which makes a shift so much better. Management was always good with giving the time needed off and if there was an emergency and you needed to switch a shift they were always understanding and if your needed more hours and talked to them about it they were for the most part able to make it happen.
Pros
discounted food, friendly environment
Cons
short breaks
Amazing four years
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Placentia, NL23 April 2017
I worked at Tim Hortons in Placentia for four years before i moved away for post secondary education. The management was always good for working with my schedule to allow me to attend my cadet functions. Also, when i come home for school holidays, they always offer me a few shifts throughout the holidays and I always know I'll have a job there if I need it. Truly a great environment to work.
Birthplace for great friendships
Storefront Staff/Baker (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC22 April 2017
When it was busy, everyone seemed to pull together and you could definitely feel the team atmosphere...like a well oiled machine. Great friendships were grown here.
Great Place For Skill Building
Tim Hortons Team Member (Current Employee) –  Naniamo22 April 2017
Busy Mornings
Practice Food Safety/ Excellent Costumer Service
Management Changes, Promotions To Supervisor/Manager With Training
All Cultures Are Respected In the work place
Pros
During Shift Hours Free Coffee and, Donuts. %50 Off Food and Drink
Cons
Fast Paced
a comfortable working environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 April 2017
Working at tim horton's helped me gain costumer service skills and improve my interaction with costumers. the other employess make the environment comfortable and easy to learn from. the only dowside is the lack of hours i am given to work i have to call the manager frequently to ask if there's any available shifts i'm rarely put on a rotating work schedule.
creative and productive customer service experience
Storefront/Tilt Cashier (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB22 April 2017
learned safety guidelines,food and temperature measurements,
nice workplace,mix community cultures,nice team work,
good customer service skills,client relationships
Pros
free lunches
Cons
not enough hours
good co-workers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON22 April 2017
It's good working in a place where people are helping you to learn and teaching you how to be a good employee. I am happy to be able to work with a good team.
Very fast paced and physically demanding
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Komoka, ON21 April 2017
The job requires that you not only serve customers but clean and stock the store, clean the area outside the store, clean and maintain equipment and do this while hitting an hourly target of customers served. There is no such thing as just being a cashier! The customers are either really great or horrible. You might work as early as 6am or as late as 11pm and if you are part time your hours are not very consistent. For teenagers it is a great work experience because they learn a lot about helping customers and each other and about responsibility and commitment.
Pros
The range of hours makes it possible for anyone to find work.
Cons
Doing the same function for 8 hours can be challenging.
looking for a new position with room to grow.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON21 April 2017
: I
have many years of positive experience with customer service. Trained new staff in many areas of store.maintain a positive environment. Assignments were made in a time fashion. ....overall I am am confident that with my experience and knowledge I can be a good asset to your company. ......
decent
Cashier/Baker (Former Employee) –  Rothesay, NB21 April 2017
i loved working at tim hortons, would have liked it 100% if i was at a different store. management is bad and very stressful. bu making tips is very well worth it
customer service,
Customer service (Former Employee) –  downtown21 April 2017
not the job for me
Tim Hortons Team Member (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NS21 April 2017
no review at this time, I was not happy with the work that I did there. it was a survival job and I did not feel part of the team, if I didn't have kids to support I wouldn't of been there
Friendly environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 April 2017
I enjoyed working at Tim Hortons. It was a great experience, I learned a lot while I was working there. My skills improved at this workplace. I learned to be patient. Overall it was a learning experience.
Great People
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON20 April 2017
The staff is very good but management isn't good. They don't believe their staff over a customer complaint. I was told i don't fit into the Tim Horton's style.
sweetest company to belong
Baker- partime (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ON20 April 2017
as the partime baker my responsibility was to check from time to time the display in the store..i learned that being friendly to your coworkers helps a lot.. i enjoyed the job and the discount that i avail..
Pros
great discounts on tim hortons foods and drinks
good student job
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON20 April 2017
perfect part time job for students. management in my experience was very bipolar with their treatment of employees. we had a shortage of night staff which cause me some issues.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
not the most fun job for night staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tim Hortons. Our community is ready to answer.