Tim Hortons Employee Reviews in Canada

Found 5,307 reviews matching the search
Productive and enjoyable workplace
Store Front (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ONAugust 26, 2016
Typically, employees begin the day at brisk pace making sure that customers receive their orders in time and are able to leave for work at the time they need to. Despite this pressure, all employees are always providing an enjoyable atmosphere in the workplace.

Through this type of environment, I was able to learn how to work under a time-limit, work as efficiently as possible (by myself and with others), maintain the appropriate attitudes despite changing situations, and more.

Management and co-workers are both excellent because of people who are enjoyable to be around and will still make sure to achieve their objectives.

The hardest part of the job is the pressure to perform. It is something that is guaranteed when providing a service such as this. One always has to make sure they deliver their service properly and accurately.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the human interaction. Conversing with customers is one of the most interesting aspects of the job because you will meet many different people from various races, ethnicities, and religions.
very productive
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 26, 2016
very fasted pased work
management was wonder full to work with when ever needed
i have learned how to make coffee which i did not know before i started working there i enjoyed making tim bits loved it !!!!
Pros
free tim bits
Cons
8 hour shifts most time
Horrible workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Milton, ONAugust 26, 2016
Staff is treated poorly, minimal advantages and benefits. They do not care whether you are sick or injured, you must work. Stressful environment.
Productive and good communication to costumers.
Food counter attendant (Current Employee) –  Campbell River, BCAugust 26, 2016
Reliable productivity and good communication skills. A fun work place good team work.good manageable. Fast server good communication and to the worker .
Pros
Free bake goods and drinks 15% off for sandwiches any different drinks
Cons
Yes long hours
it was fun to work with new people
Customer Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 25, 2016
It was good to work in a multicultural environment. It was a good opportunity for me to learn new things,interact with the people living around me and learn about Canadian culture.
Pros
Free coffee
Fun and Enjoying the workplace
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 25, 2016
Team skills and ability of working hard on busy schedule.t
Better understanding between co-workers and the guests to
whom I serve.
Very fast-paced working environment, with lots of management experience available.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONAugust 25, 2016
From working with Tim Horton's for almost 3 years, I have gained fabulous communication skills. I have been developing my management skills, being a supervisor of Tim Horton's for the last 2 years.
Fun and it feels great seeing the customers everyday
Food Counter Attendant (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BCAugust 25, 2016
It is a fun working environment. We learn everything together.
It's more fun because we work with our bosses.
The most enjoyable part of the job is when it gets busy and everybody is so focused. Also when we hit our daily targets.
Pros
Free Meals
Cons
Not enough staff on a busiest day of the week
Productive.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Mcphillips Street Winnipeg ManitobaAugust 25, 2016
Busy store. Fast paced. We always take good care pf our customers. We give them fresh coffee and fresh product. Very strict of health safety and we always make sure that they will get the best service that they need.
The higher up you are the less work it is.
Customer Service Representative and Baker (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BCAugust 24, 2016
I worked with Tim Hortons for quite some time. In that time I managed to make my way from a team member right up to the point where I was training to be an assistant manager. On thing that I had noticed is that the higher you moved in the company the less work you had to do. As a team member you have ridiculous levels of pressure to get everything done as fast as possible. The cars can't wait at the drive-thru window for more than a few seconds. As a supervisor however it was your job to make sure breaks are being run efficiently and that the tills don't have too much cash in them at any given time. It was significantly less stressful.
Pros
Free donuts on breaks.
fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Prince Albert, SKAugust 24, 2016
Everyday is busy mostly during morning middayspecially.Ive learned how to be more multi tasker in everything you do but its so much fun. Management are ok as well as the my co workers i love them specially when after the busy hours they are so fun to be with .The hardest part of this job is that when someone didnt make to work and where busy its such a hassle.
Pros
half price for the items
Cons
short breaks
Good co-workers, poor management
Night-staff baker (Current Employee) –  Beausejour, MBAugust 24, 2016
Store owner leaves a under-qualified manager to her own devices to run the store. Quality and efficiency is minimal all supervisors lack actual training and try to use their position to abuse other staff members.
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
Under-qualified supervisors
Fast Paced work environment
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSAugust 24, 2016
At Tim Hortons, you must be able to thrive while under pressure. There is constantly things that need to get done. The hours are long, but the tips are nice, and the customers are friendly (for the most part).
friendly and competitive environment
Store Front (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONAugust 24, 2016
At tim Horton's you as well as your team members are always striving for better results. This is what I love about working at Tim Hortons, everyday you are setting new goals. Such as, decreasing drive thru times or increasing sales in lunch combos. I love working in a team environment and at Tim Hortons, it is all about working together.
Pros
friendly staff
The textbook example of your first part time job
Baker / Storefront (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, ONAugust 24, 2016
Working at Tim Hortons is exactly how you would expect working at Tim Hortons would be like. There is nothing incredibly glamorous and there's no real perks or career path. But it's simple and honest work.
best place to work
Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONAugust 23, 2016
great
confidence is what i achieved
compromising with any kind of people
hard working and understanding
keeping it clean
great customers
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short hours
enjoy, fun and satisfying
production/food counter attendant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 23, 2016
im enjoying and having a good day working on this company because their giving me good salary and all the people their are very nice and friendly. And mostly im very satisfied of my work our customer will leave our store happy and satisfied. thats the important thing on our job. giving satisfactory and happines.
Pros
free snack
Superviseur (Former Employee) –  Brossard, QCAugust 23, 2016
Its an enriching experience to work in Tim Horton since i have done multi tasks and good customer service. I am energetic and motivated and hard worker,positive attitude.All these qualities boost up my days at work.
A typical day at work is Friday where we have the car show where i have to run to meet my targets,satisfy my customer is my priority and work in a team spirit so that we clear the rush.Its a non stop sometimes but the good part is we accomplish great sales,most of the products are sold and we replenish its a positive stress environment because at the end ,I am happy and proud that i have deliver a good service up to the end.
The hardest part of the job, when we are short of staff,I always got more workload.
I had tips with my regular customers,very nice people who appreciate my service and I was so happy to see them each day.
Pros
a cup of coffee free
Cons
the salary is low
loved this job...
Tim Hortons Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Stonewall, MBAugust 23, 2016
Worked for Tim Hortons for almost a year and became a supervisor within 3 short months of working there. I was the fastest on soup and sandwich and would often excel at the task that were given to me. Things started to be hard when other management members were treating me unfairly, said snarky remarks and all out made it very uncomfortable to even be in the workplace. We were told to always come to the manager if there was anyone making us feel uncomfortable but noone ever did anything about it, or if you did say something you were bound to be treated unfairly by the person you were trying to escape the problem from... Loved the job but found it very hard to fit in...
Pros
best job ever
Cons
workplace bullying
Fun, Productive and Discounts
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONAugust 23, 2016
I love Tim Hortons and everything about it. The beverages, the food , all the coworkers and especially our customers. I have gained so much experience here that i never thought i was capable of, from my supervisors to my other coworkers everything has been great.
Pros
Discounted menu items
Cons
No Cons