Tim Hortons
3,081 reviews

Tim Hortons Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A work day at Tim Hortons.
Part Time Employee (Former Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: friendly co-workers, free food on breaks.
Cons: long hours, under staffed.
I was a cashier, and had a important roll in customer service. I cleaned the store and kept people happy. I was in charge of stock also, I liked the job because it was fast pace and made the 8 hour shifts fly by. All my co-workers were friendly and I loved working with the, worst part about the job was management, I was never given any training and I wasn't aware of my pay until 2 weeks after my first day. The store was understaffed and we found ourselves working with 5 peole in an entire store. I loved the job overall, besides some minor problems I think everyone should get some experience at Tim Hortons since it really shows you what fast pace customer service is like.
Fun place to work starting out.
Storefront Associate (Former Employee), St. John's, NLJanuary 30, 2015
Provided customer service, handled money, prepared food and drinks and took orders.
Co-workers are very encouraging, and the work hours went fast.
An average workplace at best, co workers make it worthwhile
Team Member (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: fun co workers
Cons: management is not understanding
- Cashier at drive thru
- To listen first and act later
- Average at best
- Co workers are supportive
- Dealing with the manager
- A satisfied customer
people were easy to get along with dinners were often held
Cashier (Former Employee), Oshawa ONJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: percentage off on our breaks
Cons: people
it was always fun and exciting.
i learnt how to use my people skills and manage the cashier often.
i often trained the new people and helped as much as i was able to.
most of my coworkers were easy to get along with others we had a little bit of a space between us.
the hardest part of the job was always making the customers first but that is what it called for. i had a coffee thrown at me, i didnt make the coffee nor did i take the order.
the most enjoyable part of this job would have to have been being able to just get away from the rest of the world and come in and work. i loved to work!
Awesome Workplace!
Team Member (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: free lunches, good pay, benefits, awesome employees
A typical day at work was the same almost every day. I was always working day shift. I'd come in, get my uniform on, grab some breakfast and eat. I'd start my shift at about 7:30am. I'd count the cash drawers and bring them out to the front. We had to refill the coffee and make sure it wasn't expired, wipe our stations and get ready for the customers. It was pretty easy in the morning, only about 2-5 people in line at once. At about 11:00am, it would start getting a little busier. It got crazy in there. Everyone working fast, customers waiting for their coffees, taking out garbages and cleaning tables before taking breaks, etc.
I learned a lot from working at Tim Hortons. I learned more about how to work with cash registers, preparing beverages and food, how to "snake" a coffee machine to clean it, and even more!
Management and my co-workers were very nice, respectful employees but most of them could be very strict at times...
I don't really think there was a very hard part of working at Tim Hortons except for pushing yourself hard to work fast and get things done right.
The most enjoyable part was getting along with the customers and my co-workers. They were all fun to be around!
I had an awesome job experience there and I would recommend it to anyone.
Good work enviroment, with tasks and things to do at all times
Cashier (Current Employee), Cambridge, ONJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: good hours
Cons: rude customers
A typical day at work would be serving customers and when not serving customers, doing chores/ stocking products in storefront. It is important to work as a team with whom ever you are working with at all times. The hardest part of the job would be making sure everything is done the way it is should be, by all employees.
Good place to wor
Team Member (Former Employee), Stewiacke, NSJanuary 29, 2015
I enjoyed working with the team members there as well as working with the public.
good
Shift manager (Former Employee), Chelmsford, ONJanuary 28, 2015
great learing place
great hours
great team work
great staff
great management
everything is great
good
Cashier, General Cleaning, Inventory, Food (Former Employee), Creston, BCJanuary 28, 2015
Very good company, awesome people to work . I learned how to run equipment and they where very patient with me learning how to run new machines. this is also I waste of my time I need to be handing out resumes. so this is me still typing more and more and more
Working with employees and servicing customers who feel like family
Team Member (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 28, 2015
Working for Tim Hortons has taught me a great deal about what customer service is and what it is to deal with customers in a timely and friendly manner. Team members feel a sense of family working at Tim Hortons. The hardest part would be leaving my job and close friendships I have come to make, but I am ready for different and new experiences.
Busy, fun, energetic working environment
Counter Staff (Former Employee), Fredericton, NBJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: busy, stay alert, and the friendships and skills i obtained along the way.
Cons: long hours, clean up, and stock up
Working at Tim Horton's always kept me busy, and helped me become more independent, and made me realize how one small gesture can make such a difference in a persons day.
The hardest part of the job was stocking and cleaning at the end of every night.
The most enjoyable part of the job was working in a fast pace environment that kept you alert and on your feet at all times.
My co-workers were all great people to work with and it made it easy to enjoy my job.
Very well organized, love to take new challenges and ownership of the issues, attitude to work with any size of teams
Sr.DBA for Oracle, SQL Server, SAP HANA (Current Employee), Oakville, ONJanuary 27, 2015
Forgetting to have lunch break if dealing with issues.
Learned to be flexible.
can manage the time and priorities.
they love to work with me.
initially while trying to understand the new environment,
when the recognition emails are flooding the mailbox.
fun work Place
Storefront (Current Employee), torontoJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: lunches are on 50% discount
Cons: some crazy hours
Very good place to work.my co worker are very friendly.I love working here.
Excellent fast paced work environment
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee), Victoria BCJanuary 27, 2015
This is a fast paced environment which I excelled at. I enjoyed the work and the people. I learned patience and how to work beside different personalities. Tim Hortons is a fabulous company to work for as they have many extras that you qualify for such as school grants and events. I was lucky to represent Tim Hortons at the world curling in Victoria BC
Fun fast pace work place
Customer Service Worker (Former Employee), timmins, ONJanuary 27, 2015
A typical day consisted of me arriving an hour early for my shift, just in case management needed my help help with anything. We were one of the fastest Tim Hortons in Ontario, we were very speed of service oriented. My co-workers and I always had a good time at work, while getting our work done. the hardest part of the job was keeping up with the speed of service. The Most enjoyable part was working with some awesome people.
Conducive work enviornment.
CUSTOMER SERVICE SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: free food.
Cons: less increment & incentives yearly.
Ensuring good customer service in drive thru by maintaining a fully, safely stocked and well zoned front as well as back room.
Achievement of individual and team targets through team building and motivational techniques.
Excellent leadership qualities, leading by self-example.
Effective Time Management, Excellent Communication skills.
Experience of working in all the shifts in a day including nights.
High pressure enviornment
Store Front (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONJanuary 26, 2015
High pressure environment with very little room to grow and nit picky management. Provided minimal skill growth
Very fast paste
Drive-Thru Attendant (Former Employee), Blind River, ONJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: always something to do
Cons: no lunch break
Constantly on the go. If you like doing things none stop this is the place for you.
productive
Cashier (Former Employee), Abbotsford, BCJanuary 26, 2015
A typical day at work would be making coffee, sandwiches and assisting customers. Co-workers made it the most enjoyable part of the job.
I didn't mind it
Cashier (Former Employee), Picton, ONJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: meeting new people and learning the different ways to make coffee
Cons: long hours and working with people i did not like
It was alright working at Tim-hortons. I learned a few things like the different ways to make coffee's and taking a customers order. I learned how to work the cash register, how to make the donuts before they went out on the showcase.

1 2 3 4 5

About Tim Hortons

Tim Hortons Inc. is a Canadian fast casual restaurant known for its coffee and doughnuts. It is also Canada's largest fast food – Read more