Tim Hortons Employee Reviews

Found 6,094 reviews matching the search
Difficult environment for extended employment
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON23 January 2017
Team members and management were difficult to deal with on a daily basis. No real ability for job advancement unless willing to take on additional responsibilities with no compensation.
fun work place
Drive Thru Cashier (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB23 January 2017
nice place to work an to meet people i really enjoyed working there i like a challenge
i really liked getting the tips because it would buy me things i needed
Pros
ate befor work
Cons
not long enough
good team work and fast service
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Parry Sound, ON23 January 2017
i liked working for Tim Hortons a lot, although overall the fast pace started to effect my anxiety a lot. We kept the work place clean and presentable for the costumers
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
crazy hours
Co-workers made for a positive atmosphere.
Maintenance Worker and Server (Former Employee) –  Peace River, AB23 January 2017
Typical day at work was busy and fast paced. I learned how to deal with every type of customer and co-worker. Management is easy to talk to. Workplace was a positive atmosphere. Hardest part of the job was dealing with rude customers. Most enjoyable part of the job was working with fun people and having a management team that cared.
no room for advacement
Front End Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cobourg, ON23 January 2017
everyday was the same routine, i did learn team management, and to work well under pressure. hardest part is dealing with head office and owner. best part is coffee and it pays
Pros
customers who are now friends
Cons
no real breaks
One of my favorite jobs!
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON22 January 2017
The crew and management I worked with were amazing. Lots of training opportunity, always room to grow and of course, free coffee!
Pros
Management, Training, Co-Workers
Cons
Hours, Wage
Great first job
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB22 January 2017
this job will teach you the things you are gonna wanna know for future jobs, it has never failed, in every job ive had to use a lesson ive learned from working at Tim Hortons.
Pros
great first job
Cons
they will over work you
Easy faced paced work place.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Parry Sound, ON22 January 2017
Everyday at work seemed easy to me, i would come into work put a hair net on and find out which station i was positioned at for the day. I had developed a routine for each station so I would just go to my station and begin my routine of serving guests, cleaning and re-stocking the shelves and fridges.
The management was always helpful and there when we needed them. Working at Tim Horton's taught me how to create a routine that was sufficient and easy. I also learned how to properly communicate with customers on a professional level.
I found that working at Tim Horton's was a lot less stressful if you could easily memorize thing such as beverage and sandwich preparations, or where the buttons were on the cash register.
The thing I personally enjoyed most about working at Tim Horton's was being able to clean on my spare time between customers. I liked to keep my stations clean, organized and stocked because it made a better work environment not only for myself but for everyone else as well.
I also really enjoyed being able to communicate with customers from all over the world even if was just for a brief moment.
Pros
discounted food items
Friendly and supportive work environment with unrealistic incentives
Team Member (Current Employee) –  London, ON22 January 2017
During a typical day of work I would find myself always attempting to assist our manager as much possible to reach our incentive as well maintain a clean and friendly working environment for all. While working here I was able to drastically improve my collaboration skills and social abilities. The hardest part about about my job was trying to please our managers and tolerating upset customers. The most enjoyable part about my job is meeting all the new people who I work with.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
No benefits
Tim Hortons
Crew Member, Crew Trainer (Current Employee) –  Canmore, AB22 January 2017
Working at Tim Hortons has given me many opportunities such as meeting many individuals who are very hard working therefore making me determined to do a great job at work. Co-workers are very co-operative. The work environment can be difficult but even though it is, everything can be solved by having a great optimistic personality. I have learned and acquired skills on customer service and handling problems the way it should be handled. No job is an easy job thats why determination is always a must in a working environment to fulfill not only the employer's satisfaction but as well as the customer's satisfaction. The most enjoyable part of the job is always knowing the team members as we all become a family and work hard as a team.
Pros
Free hot drinks, great working environment, amazing co-workers
Review
TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  London, ON22 January 2017
Tim Hortons was okay, customers came and went alright, time was fast pace. Working was good, had some problems at start but caught on quick. Management was good at handling any questions from workers and customers.
Camp Day, Smile cookies
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Stephenville, NL22 January 2017
Fast paced environment.
Stocked work areas, served customers, ensure food quality and followed "Always Fresh" coffee guidelines.
Busy environment, friendly staff and customers.
Pros
Food discounts
Fast paced
Store front cashier and server (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC22 January 2017
Safety was not always a concern.
Scheduleing shifts efficiently was not very well done.
Store owners and management were not very focused on the wellbeing of team members and employees.
Productive and caring team members
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON22 January 2017
Working at Tim Horton's was great! Everyone was so polite and hard-working. We worked together as a team, and completed tasks with ease.
Pros
Team Members
Cons
N/a
Great and friendly environment
Baker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 January 2017
Great place to work with very flexible works hour and always advancement opportunity's. great management and friendly staff.
An environment where you can learn a lot from
Drive -Thru order taker (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON20 January 2017
I enjoyed work here, I have learned what is costumer service I have learned how to handle people. A typical day at work for me is even though it can be really stressful but at the end the smile that I get usually from them at the end of the day is total worth. The most enjoyable part of my job when I get to see and help all the people and put an smile on their faces and another one will be getting the chance to meet new people
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
not enough hours
Friendly Staff
Cashier/Baker (Former Employee) –  Stoney Creek, NC20 January 2017
Management and employees were very friendly to me. I was a cashier then later promoted to a baker for my hard work and dedication. Great experience for my first part time job
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
early mornings
productive , learnt alot
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 January 2017
Its a best place to work , learn new lessons, improve our skills and
build confident.

manager was very nice and employees too were very cooperative and helped me for lot of things to do.
Pros
discounts
Fast paced workplace
Front, baker, and truck (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 January 2017
It was a very fast-paced workplace, it was a come-in come-out type of job

I learned great customer experience

The management was very lenient

hardest part of the job is dealing with any late night customers who like to fool around

most enjoyable part would be breaks
Pros
free food
Cons
non-flexible hours
Horrible
Cashier/Baker (Former Employee) –  Tavistock, ON20 January 2017
I've worked for many Tim Hortons over the years and it's the same stuff over and over again. Horrible place to work. Most managers don't care and are hard to please. My current location is a joke.