Tim Hortons Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
free to to express outgoing personality.
Customer Service (Current Employee), London, ONMay 2, 2016
Pros: everyone learns every task and extra duties are shared equaly
Cons: communication throughout the workplace needs improving
The policies and procedures of the workplace are easy to follow. One person should train all new staff to keep the workplace in unison. I have learned all except management duties at Tim Horton's.
I enjoyed being left on my own to do side duties as needed without supervision. I enjoyed getting to know regular customers and going above and beyond for everyone. The hardest part was not being able to communicate with some hearing impaired customers.
can be fun but also very stressful when you aren't trained properly
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee), Orleans, ONMarch 31, 2016
Pros: free breakfast if you start before 6am
Cons: chaotic environment
My co-workers are great people for the most part (we all have off days).
When I started we had a manager that was very stressed and didn't make sure the training was done properly. Now we have a new manager (for 6 months now) and the job has gotten more stressful as i was taught most things incorrectly and have to re-learn most things. Re-learning and dealing with disgruntled guests and language barriers makes the job harder.
Great job for students
Counter Clerk (Former Employee), Kirkland, QCMay 3, 2016
Pros: great for students, fun coworkers, not too difficult.
Cons: minimum wage job, not much growth, can be monotonous.
I worked in Tim Horton's for almost 6 years and to be honest, it is a great job when you are a student. I can't talk about other Tim Horton's but the one that I worked at was really flexible with my schedule as long as I let them know in advance. It's not a hard job but I find the best part of working at a Tims is that you meet really interesting people as coworkers. Students are still fun to work with and we can relate to each other. Honestly I would of quit 3 years in but it was the people that kept me going.
Fast paced environment was enjoyable
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Orangeville, ONApril 4, 2016
The faced paced environment of Tim Horton's made working a fun experience, and long shifts would fly by. I learned how to be a courteous and welcoming service worker while still working efficiently and accurately. These were very important skills to master as customers often don't have much patience for a wrong order. I was working there part time as I was a student in high school and often I would be booked for shifts that ended past midnight. I spoke to management but did not see results for quite some time. Overall it was an excellent learning experience and I feel prepared to take on any job after working at Tim Horton's.
fun and and exciting
Baker (Current Employee), St. Catharines, ONApril 25, 2016
Pros: paid break
Cons: only one 30 minute break a shift
As a baker I am faced with many challenges throughout the day. The main part of the job is making sure that the showcase is always full. Another thing that I will have to do on a regular basis would be helping another team member when they become overwhelmed by the amount of customers on counter. With me being in school the past 2 years, they have really worked around my class schedule. Being with this company for 4 years has really given me great experiences in customer service.
Very Fast Pace and Loving
Barista, Server, Part time afternoon Supervisor (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 11, 2016
Pros: Free Lunches
Cons: Long Hours
A typical day at work is busy busy time flies when you work at Tim Hortons, I learn a lot about people and customer service I get to know people on a close basis. The management team is great they do most of the work and my co workers are the best the people you work with has an imput on how your day will start and end. The hardest part of the job is not wanting to leave because of all the friendly faces and compliments you get. The most enjoyable is making people happy by doing simple things.
Fast Paced Environment
Drive Thru Part-time (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 4, 2016
Pros: free coffee
Cons: pressure
Throughout my time at Tim Hortons, I've learned a great deal of time management, and efficiency. Working at the drive thru, there is an average time our team must be consistent with for each car-- 25 seconds max. to serve each car that comes to the drive thru. This was the hardest part of the job.
One of the most enjoyable parts of the job is interaction with customers, and being able to learn about the different people that come to our store. Also getting to know co-workers who turnout to be one of your long term friends.
The management is very understanding of school schedules snd priorities
Fast paced work place
Drive Thru Cashier (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONApril 6, 2016
A usual day of work is 8 hours, with two 15 minute breaks. I've learned how to work with all different types of people, both co-workers and customers. The management is very reliable and flexible. The hardest part of the job was when working in the drive through, you have to ensure that guests are there for under 30 seconds, and your times for each car is monitored. The most enjoyable part of the job is definitely my co-workers. The're all hard working, and all around good people.
fast pasted environment w/ alot of skills to learn
Drive-thru cashier / front counter (Former Employee), Midland, ONApril 6, 2016
Pros: lots of hours, great co workers
At Tim Hortons i had amazing co workers and managers who trained me where very caring and positive people to work aside with. i worked the front counter, greeting customers, taking orders, receiving payment through cash,debit,credit or gift-cards. i also worked on the drive-thru as well as bagel bar. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with good people,i enjoy the fast past working environment As well as creating a positive friendly environment where people can come and enjoy breakfast, & lunch.
fast paced environment
Counter Attendant (Current Employee), Hampton, NBApril 8, 2016
Cons: Stressful at times
A typical day of work at Tim Hortons usually began around 5:30-6 am for me and didnt end until 3pm. The days could range from being so busy that we barely got our breaks, or so slow that we would send people home. Management was ok, most co-workers were the best part of the day, you'd usually build a pretty good bond with them. I don't think there is anything really hard about working there, but sometimes it is so easy to become frustrated and that usually ruins your day.
Friendly and fast paced work environement
Team Member (Current Employee), Georgetown, ONApril 11, 2016
Pros: Excellent first job experience, friendly staff
Cons: Not enough hours, scheduling not consistant
My previous work experience at Tim Hortons is also a great asset as it has put me in a face paced environment dependent on teamwork. My communication skills within teamwork scenarios also strength from working at Tim Hortons as communication is the key in order to keep an operation of people running smoothly. I also learned the importance of workplace and food safety and worked diligently each shift to make sure standards were exceeded on my part.
Cashier/Baker (Former Employee), Windsor, ONApril 29, 2016
A typical day at work was, a learning experience. Almost every day I learned something new. I learned how to do deli preparation for customers, decorating donuts, and other pastry, drive through, cashier, making sure that the work area was always kept clean, work as a team player, preparing the soups and chili daily for the day. I really enjoyed working with the management team and the co- workers. The hardest part was the fast paste but with in time I learned how to deal with fast paste that was recommended. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning new things and working with the management and co-workers
Not the job for me
Customer Service (Former Employee), Peterborough, ONApril 12, 2016
Pros: new people, great cooworkers
Cons: management
A typical day at work was generally quite well, some days better than others. I learned how to handle different people in different situations. I didn't agree with management because nobody was ever appreciated, but worked with many wonderful coworkers. The hardest part of the job was doing many jobs at once but became easier with the learning experience. The most enjoyable part was meeting a lot of new people.
Flexible with school
Team Member (Current Employee), Montréal, QCApril 13, 2016
It's a great job in terms of flexibility when in school, however if one has a lot of bills on his or her hands, I don't recommend Tim Horton's as a part-time job, it doesn't provide enough compensation or benefits. It's ideal for students and or for individuals looking to transition towards something better! Moreover, for quick pocket money, it serves its purpose. The manager is amazing, he really tries hard to understand what we're going through in terms of stress outside the workplace. Furthermore, the team is fantastic; Tim Horton's has a great sense of community.
Great overall experience
Server (Former Employee), Markham, ONApril 13, 2016
Tim Horton's is a fast paced workplace environment, a typical day is very busy- which allows for skill building and multitasking. Very friendly and professional management, personable and welcoming coworkers that really make working there worth while. The hardest part of the job is keeping a positive attitude while working at rush hours and in high stress situations at times, but with perseverance this aspect of the job is manageable. The most enjoyable part of the job is being connected to your community and providing a positive experience for customers as well as building relationships with coworkers.
Fun and productive workplace. Fast paced customer service environment
Food Counter Attendant (Current Employee), Lloydminster, SKApril 16, 2016
Pros: free working shoes
Cons: short hours
Its my pleasure be part of Tim Hortons family. A big opportunity to impart my knowledges and learnings on my previous job. I loved to work as a team and most especially dealing with customers. Customer focus always since where are in fast paced service environment. The management shows respect to all team members. Co-workers work as a team. All jobs are not just easy. It requires hard work and perseverance. I always enjoy working at any position they assigned to me.
healthy environment
Front line customer service staff (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBApril 19, 2016
Pros: free meals to employees
Cons: little bit hactic
Tim hortons is a great experience. on the very first day of my job i was welcomed by my staff very warmly and supervisor cooperated with me at every moment. I have learned a lot like how to be patient and polite to people. Management is very well organized and co-workers are very helpful. The hardest part of the job is when a customer wants or order something and you are short of it. the most enjoyable part of the job is the job itself.
Fast-paced but fun environment
Storefront/Cashier (Former Employee), Welland, ONApril 19, 2016
Working at Tim Horton's taught me how to multitask in a productive manner. In one shift, I could be taking out the garbage, working drive-thru, sweeping/mopping the floors, preparing sandwiches, making drinks, or cleaning the bathrooms. Being a team member at Tim Horton's also showed me how important teamwork is, especially in close spaces with sometimes long hours.You have to be a reliable member of the team and able to work both in a group or independently.
Enjoyable work area but lack of management and bussiness skill
Customer service and baker (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONApril 22, 2016
Pros: 50% off food during shift, free meal (>9$) if shift is before 6am or longer than 10 hours
(Review reference my Tim Hortons location). A typical day involves pretty basic arrival and preparations for the incoming rush of customers from 7:30am to 11:00am, during rush time is very rushed but orders are completed efficiently. 11-3pm is mostly spent doing cleaning task/stocking then another rush. Most employees knew their task and management had very little management to do. Hardest part of the job is managing stock with the minimal machines given (Brewers, Ovens).
Friendly workplace
Cashier/Drive Thru (Former Employee), Kingston, ONApril 22, 2016
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: Some issues with certian co workers
-When you would walk into work it was like an instant relief, you were happy to be there and customers were always so kind.

-I learned a lot about time management and a nice pace for speed of service that wouldn't stress you out.

-Management was always there when I needed them and were very understanding and willing to help when I didn't understand something.

-I personally didn't find anything hard about the job :)

-The most enjoyable part of the job was making customers smile and going to work feeling safe and happy.
Headquarters