Tim Hortons Employee Reviews

Found 6,352 reviews matching the search
It was usually all work with about a 20-30 minute break
Tim Hortons Team Member (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON27 February 2017
The people there were nice and overall great to be around. When I was training at first they were very patient with me and taught me everything I needed to know. If I did make a mistake they didn't get mad or anything and were pretty helping with anything I didn't understand.
Pros
Co-workers, the training, and how patient they are at first.
Cons
Managing school and work was hard at first but got easier as time went on.
Stressful
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON27 February 2017
The management at the Tim Horton's I worked at was very poor they wouldn't listen to your availability. They also didn't know how to scheduel people for a shift for example sometimes we would have 2 people working and other times we would have 10 people working.
Cons
long hours no free lunch's inconsiderable about school
Unorganized management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  64 Melrose Ave N, Hamilton, ON L8L 8C127 February 2017
A lot of people i know quit within the first few weeks. Very unorganized. New employees stand there and do nothing because there is no orientation. Overcrowding in stations. However people were fun to work with and an overall good environment.
Pros
Free dinner
Tim Hortons
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON26 February 2017
This was my first job ever, so I cannot be too critical, as this was an "entry job" of sorts.

The team I worked with was spectacular. Tremendous people who were incredibly kind to me, as I was to them. The only issue that lied within the team was direct family relations between management and team members.

Management was incredibly cheap, yet understanding. Management would be stern when things were not done their way, but were reasonable with regard to requests for days off.
i have no clue it was years ago
Store Front (Former Employee) –  Keswick, ON26 February 2017
i have no clue it was years ago i really don't know i wish i could help you out with the review but its just impossible.
maybe if i was younger but i definitely cant remember
Pros
making money
Cons
low money
multi tasking skills
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON26 February 2017
In this work place is very interesting to work also i have gained lots of customer service skills,communication skills and cash handling.We have to deal with different kind of customer every day have to understand their mind.
Pros
discount price food
Cons
salary
a typical day at work.
Store Front (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON26 February 2017
the store was so busy that we cant even do anything else and finish our night duties. we were just brewing and brewing and making prepared food. for almost 5 hours the line didn't end. it was upto out of the door.
Pros
30% in meal and free coffee
Cons
Fast and efficiend work place.
Team leader (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC26 February 2017
I did not like the way Tim Horton's treats their employees.I feel like staff gets under paid and doesn't get the respect they deserve as employees.They are missed treating all the time.
Pros
50% off food while working
Cons
hours are felxible
very friendly people
Front Store Team Member (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 February 2017
always fun to work at tim hortons, talking to different people everyday and always gives them smile also made my day great. the management is very fair to everyone no favoritism and no racism.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
dealing with rude customers
The staff is great to work with. They are all friendly. You just have to tolerating to deal with the customers.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON24 February 2017
It is doable work. You need to be dedicated to make your managers happy about your work. The staff is amazing to work with, everyone is friendly.
Fast paced, team oriented work environment.
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK24 February 2017
Being open 24 hours per day, the schedule is divided into three 8.5 hour shifts. Each shift works as as team to provide excellent customer service to every guest. Having such a high volume of sales requires all team member to capitalize on every opportunity to replenish stock and maintain the cleanliness of the work space.

The most difficult part of the job is keeping energy levels high for the entire duration of a shift. The extremely fast pace is both mentally and physically taxing. But that's why all team members get free coffee and steeped tea during their shift!

The most enjoyable part of the job is building rapport with regular customers. It's always nice to put smiles on their faces by having their orders ready by the time they reach the service counter.
Pros
Rewards for meeting and exceeding speed of service standards.
Cons
Only one unpaid half hour break makes for long, tiring days.
fun workplace, awesome co workers, bad management
HSM Host (Former Employee) –  Trenton, ON24 February 2017
my over ll experience at Tim Hortons was great, i met many kind friendly new people, and learned a lot about the workplace life, and fast pace customer service work. i enjoyed my tasks and always had a smile
Pros
good coworkers, good work
Cons
management
First Job
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON23 February 2017
work in customer service and baking goods
learned leadership skills, management skills, closing registers and baking goods with quality standards
management was great
culture was easy going
hardest part of the job is low pay
most enjoyable part customers and staff and learning new work skills
Very flexible and fast paced
Storefront Employee (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 February 2017
Hours here were very flexible and I was allowed to work around a very busy schedule. How busy the store gets depends on time of day and location. Weekends and weekday mornings are very fast paced and require working with a team. Highly recommended as a starter job for teenagers.
Fun
Cashier/Food Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  New Waterford, NS23 February 2017
Great place to work,
not to difficult easy going, Relaxed atmosphere with a great staff, Good pays and tips, full time 8 hour shifts and similar customers every day
Pros
fun easy
Cons
not steady work times
Excellent Learning Space for Customer Service.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Carleton Place, ON23 February 2017
It was an awesome place to learn my skills in customer service and meeting client needs.

You are responsible of making your own coffee, fetching baked goods, and being polite to customers. As a supervisor you take care of the tills, staff, complaints, and sometimes work extended hours.
Pros
Half priced food items.
Cons
Only two fifteen minute breaks
Never work in a Fast Food Restaurant
Hostess/Food Prep/Trainee Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB23 February 2017
I hated this job. Sometimes you work with the most incompetent people. I would never recommend anyone work in the fast food industry. Customers can be extremely rude.
Pros
Some co workers were fun to work with
Cons
Everything else
cool, easy going
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 February 2017
very laid back, more time for your self at night. peaceful but morning rush will keep you on your toes., managers are good, staff are cool
Pros
fresh breakfast & coffee, friendly faces
Cons
short hours
Great workplace to develop customer service and team based skills
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  London, ON23 February 2017
I have worked at various Tim Horton's locations for almost 8 years now. It was my first part time job when I began High School, and has continued to help me grow and learn new skills as I've gone through college. Working at Tim's has given me the opportunity to grow and develop new skills as the years have gone on, such as team oriented fast paced environments, customer service skills, and more recently, slight management skills. Though the job can sometimes get stressful, especially during busy rushes or customer complaints, I still highly recommend working here for anyone looking for a great starting job.
Productive and fun working environment
Store Front (Former Employee) –  Estevan, SK23 February 2017
A typical day at work is taking orders from customer, taking money, getting them there drinks and food, cleaning and stocking your area. Hardest part is if busy trying to get everything done before the end of shift.
Pros
Customers
Cons
not very great benefits