Tim Hortons Employee Reviews

Found 6,055 reviews matching the search
Horrible
Store Front (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON17 January 2017
Worked for them 4 years and my health took a toll badly I quit been off 6 months and feel fantastic. It's stressful, they over work you for underpaid wages. The way they speak to employees is ridiculous.
Pros
paycheck
Cons
everything
Productive place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON17 January 2017
Fun environment
co-workers were nice and easy to work with
i have learnt to manage my time
the hardest part of the job was long hours
the most enjoyable part of this job is meeting new people
Pros
co-workers
Great Place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON17 January 2017
It was a great experience working at Tim Horton's. Being a sales associate, we got a lot of opportunities to deal with customers and experience new things.
Pros
Great people, well organized work
Productive workplace
Sales front (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON17 January 2017
Productive workplace. Got a chance to improve my speaking and listening skills and get used to the Canadian culture.
Tim Hortons was a great place to start my career. I interact with customers, take their orders, suggest them ways to save money by ordering combinations.
I also learned how to manage time because time is the essence in a front desk sales.
Tim Hortons
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Arthur, ON17 January 2017
A great learning environment for someone going into their first job and also a great place to meet some good people. Tim Hortons brings the ability to learn people skills and customer service while still making it a good experience.
Fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vernon, BC17 January 2017
Most of the people are a lot of fun to work with they are friendly and most are helpful.you get to make friends and meet new people everyday you must like to work fast paste and always have a smile
Pros
Good people
Cons
Hours
Good Work Environment
Store Front (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON17 January 2017
The one thing that I loved about working at Tim Horton's was the awesome team member. It really felt like you're part of a family. Everyone helps each other out. Customers that usually come in regularly are always a joy to see and serve. Tim Horton's prides themselves on customer satisfaction and excellence !!
Pros
Free coffee on shift, tips or great !
Cons
Slow season
Productive and fun place to work
Food Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Martensville, SK17 January 2017
Nice place to work and start your experience with a fast and friendly service.
Serving complete service in a hospitable manner.
Product serving should be on its quality
Productive and stimulating workplace.
Clerk/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC17 January 2017
The clerk serves customers, replenishes empty products and prepares food. Hours are very flexible but the work is very demanding. Hardest part of the job would be to wake up early in the morning, the clerk must be a morning person.
Pros
flexibility in the schedule
great
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON17 January 2017
great place to work at very easy and straight forward they train employees well so you are ready to work not nervous very nice place
Happy environment
Store Front (Former Employee) –  Burk's Falls, ON16 January 2017
I think working at Tim Horton's was a very good job because it helps people gain a lot of useful skills they can use in their everyday lives. The team members worked very well together and the store manager was sure to accommodate to everyone's working needs. The manager provided us with the necessities to be able to work our assigned shifts happily and safely.
Pros
Understanding Manager
Cons
Hot environment
fun workplace
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON16 January 2017
- learned about the great customer service skill.
- learned hoe to lead a team
- co-workers are great
- most enjoyable part of the current job is interaction to the customer,
Good workplace
Baker (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC16 January 2017
I work overnight on the weekend so it fits in my schedule perfectly. I make all the food (pastries, doughnuts, breakfast, etc...) and then I clean up my area. I only work with one other person overnight and I do get along with her very well. I also get along with my other co workers when they call me in to work during the day. The hardest part is lifting all the heavy boxes. I enjoy baking in general, I love baking at home a lot so decorating the doughnuts is definitely fun.
Pros
Free food and overnight shift
Cons
working overtime sometimes
Great place to explorer knowledge
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 January 2017
BEST PLACE TO GET GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE EXPERIENCE. learn how to work in busy environment,under pressure,time management.
Pros
gained experience
Cons
continuously work in same position
Not a good place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB16 January 2017
Very fast paced and demanding. I have learned people can be very cruel. The management are ruthless, uncaring, and showed no knowledge of how to perform employer/employee interactions. Concerns go unanswered and are blatantly ignored. As in any workplace some co-workers worked well together whereas others didn't. The hardest part of this job was seeing the unfair treatment of good people (co-wokers) I made a few friends who are still friends even though we are no longer employed with this company.
Pros
Cons
revolving door
fun and friendly place to work
Store Front/ Drive thru (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON16 January 2017
it is a friendly and fast past environment where you are given many different opportunities. Most days are busy and go by quickly./you never stay in the same position during your eight hour shift, which is nice because you get to try more things. for example most days I spend half my shift on store front counter and the other half on drive thru as order taker, window person or runner for the food and certain drinks. I'm very fortunate to have amazing co-workers that make each shift enjoyable and whom all work well together. As well as my management and store owners team, they are very approachable and are always willing to listen and do what they can to make sure you are succeeding and find it comfortable and enjoyable at work. each staff member is assigned chores each day to help keep the store look presentable and fully stocked. I love all the different people that I get to meet on a regular basis and seeing our daily regulars. while at this location I've learned all of the positions in the front of the store. the most challenging part of the job is when you have a customer where English is their second language because it can take a little bit of extra time to complete the order and not all of our other customers have patience or understanding for this.
Pros
getting to meet different people on a daily basis
I like working here but would like more hours.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Gananoque, ON16 January 2017
Nice people nice place. I would like more hours. I would like some closer to where I live. I would like to make more money hour if possible.
Was a good first job
FOH (Former Employee) –  Coaldale, AB16 January 2017
Worked here for two years, was a good starter job. Typical day was serving customers and making sure their orders were made correctly and efficiently.
Tim Hortons is a decent company.
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 January 2017
It is an okay company to work for. Not much room for growing. Seems to be a filipino based company and only they get promoted. Very fast paced but lots of language barriers.
Fast Paced Fun Place
-Easy to learn job
-High expectations
-Minimum wage
-If you work hard YOU WILL BE PROMOTED
Pros
Discounts on food/food plan
Cons
High expectations