Tim Hortons Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
baker
Baker (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONMay 4, 2016
consistent hours, staff is friendly..always opportunity to move up in company. good place to work at temporarily. costumers are also very friendly
Great for an entry level position
Counter Clerk (Former Employee), London, ONMay 4, 2016
Great for an entry level position/students and people requiring a short term position. Very very busy and flexible hours.
Lots of food waste and no job security, no business ethics
Store Assistant(Part-Time) (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 4, 2016
Pros: if you have birthday than they will give you $10 one time
Cons: less work hours
No job security, very poor work experience and even they will not give you full training for new comers. they over load you work hours even you are not interested. they also force girls to work in full night without any drop-in drop-off security.
Team player company
Customer service (Former Employee), WaterlooMay 4, 2016
Pros: uniform, learning to bake, decorate
Cons: starting at 5 a.m. was sometimes hard
I was employed as the baker and was also helping out front. I enjoy working with the team and found them easy to work with. The best part of the job was seeing my work being appreciated by the customers when they ordered the food. The hardest was if the supervisor was vague in her expectations but this only happened with one supervisor.
short description of tim horton's experience
Team Member (Former Employee), Thornhill, ONMay 3, 2016
Pros: free meal
Cons: fast pace
There has never been a day at Tim Hortons that is not busy. It is actually a very fast paced job but I was able to catch up with the store's flow. I was rotated at storefront, drive-thru and a little at the sandwich station. I was assigned to afternoon and night shift. Multi-tasking is the key in order to survive at any Tim Hortons store and being able to work accurately even under pressure. it is always fun to work with the members from which you could rely and teamwork is really important. I can proudly say that whichever branch I will be assigned to I can always keep up.
Fast-paced environment with possibility of advancement
Supervisor/Storefront (Current Employee), Goose Bay, NL/ Fort Erie, ONMay 3, 2016
Pros: food is half-off
Cons: exhausting, on your feet most of the time
I loved supervising at Tim Hortons because it taught me leadership skills as well as team working strategies.It is very fast-paced, and I have had the privilege of having excellent management and co-workers. I love the satisfaction of a happy customer.
productive and fun workplace
store front employee/supervisor (Former Employee), Stoney Creek, ONMay 3, 2016
meeting new people
facing new challenges everyday
complete orders with accuracy and best service
the hardest part of the job is cleaning the washrooms
most enjoyable part is how you make difference in one's lives just by giving them what they need with accuracy and exchange smiles.
productive workplace
Team Member (Current Employee), Oshawa, ONMay 3, 2016
Pros: Half price lunches
Cons: not enough breaks for long hours
a typical day at work is busy and at times un organized. there is not enough staff for the work that we preform everyday at my location. The most enjoyable part of the job are my co workers and the regular customers who put a smile on my face.
Loved clients
Host (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMay 3, 2016
Stores were lacking in proper management colleagues were lazy. long hours doing supervisor tasks getting paid front counter wages
Fun Workplace
Trainer (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONMay 3, 2016
Pros: We got paid breaks, hours where good, people were friendly, work flow was good.
Cons: Sometimes not enough staff to work the shifts.
Served customers, opened the store if was on the shift got deli products ready. I've learned a lot about customer service and how to maintain under pressure and how to keep up under a busy work flow, The management staff was helpful and help ed out as much as possible and in the best way they could. the co workers were amazing we all worked together well as team to get the job done. The hardest part of the job was only when we were short staff to making sure we still met up with our drive thru standards and other goals. The most enjoyable part about the job is working with the people because we grew close as a family.
Great job for students
Counter Clerk (Former Employee), Kirkland, QCMay 3, 2016
Pros: great for students, fun coworkers, not too difficult.
Cons: minimum wage job, not much growth, can be monotonous.
I worked in Tim Horton's for almost 6 years and to be honest, it is a great job when you are a student. I can't talk about other Tim Horton's but the one that I worked at was really flexible with my schedule as long as I let them know in advance. It's not a hard job but I find the best part of working at a Tims is that you meet really interesting people as coworkers. Students are still fun to work with and we can relate to each other. Honestly I would of quit 3 years in but it was the people that kept me going.
Worked at the worst store
Baker/Cashier (Former Employee), Coquitlam, BCMay 2, 2016
Pros: Great customers, free coffee, tea, and hot chocolate, flexible schedule
Cons: One 30 minute break, no free food, no raise, some nasty coworkers
I worked at the worst Tim Hortons on the planet. First I trained in baking and everything was okay until I wanted to switch to cashier. Ever since I switched to cashier they had a horrible time finding another baker. Once they did find another baker, the manager left due to staff complaints of him being way too hard on staff. Bounced around with a few managers until we found the perfect one. Currently this manager is having a horrible time organizing everything that the previous manager left. The staff I worked with were great. All except a few staff members who would spread rumours and lies about other staff. No free food, only tea, coffee, and hot chocolate. Only one 30 minute break in which half of it is waiting in line for your food in which you only get a 50% discount as long as your purchase is under $10. All in all the most horrible place I have ever worked for.
free to to express outgoing personality.
Customer Service (Current Employee), London, ONMay 2, 2016
Pros: everyone learns every task and extra duties are shared equaly
Cons: communication throughout the workplace needs improving
The policies and procedures of the workplace are easy to follow. One person should train all new staff to keep the workplace in unison. I have learned all except management duties at Tim Horton's.
I enjoyed being left on my own to do side duties as needed without supervision. I enjoyed getting to know regular customers and going above and beyond for everyone. The hardest part was not being able to communicate with some hearing impaired customers.
negative workplace
Baker/Cashier/Bagel Bar (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONMay 2, 2016
Pros: 10% discount on food
Cons: co workers / manager/ supervisors were not friendly at all
* make coffee
* give guest their dessert
* learned how to make coffee, how to bake, how to do temps, better my cleaning skills
fun at work
Team member (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONMay 2, 2016
it is a fastest pace environment can learn many new things..can learn how to tackle with people and get high positive energy.
busy and fun work place.
Crew Member (Former Employee), Woodstock, ONMay 2, 2016
Pros: 50% off food during break and 20% off during non working hours
Cons: long hours, busy days
great job if want to keep busy and meet people of all personality types. they will give you the training you need to get the job done right. costumers are your top priority and if anyone makes a mistake and the costumers requests it to be fix just fix it... saves everyone the headache.
Position as a Customer Service Representative
Supervisor - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMay 2, 2016
Good place to start work
Flexible hours
Friendly staff
Great marketing strategies
fast paced environment
not good for long run
Great experience at Tim hortons
Food Counter Attendant (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 1, 2016
Pros: experience, engaging with customers
Cons: long hours, standing job
It was a great experience, i learned how to do customer service. The environment and co-workers were very friendly. The hardest part was standing and working for long hours. The most enjoyable part was seeing the customers happy.
fun
QC (Former Employee), Dollard-Des Ormeaux, QCMay 1, 2016
good place to work i made a lot of friends and one of which is my best friend now, just make sure u have comfortable shoes on
its fun cz i used to work and when it got boring i just ate
It was alright
Cashier (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 1, 2016
The hours were terrible for a student, other than that overall it wasn't too bad. Pay was above minimum wage and the people there were great.
Headquarters