Tim Hortons Employee Reviews

Found 7,546 reviews matching the search
Productive and fun place to work at.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 June 2017
Amazing place. I was able to learn many new things and new skills in this workplace. Managers and staff were very nice when I first started and showed me the ropes.
Pros
Free lunches
Fun workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC26 June 2017
Coworkers are nice. Management is great. I had fun working in that place. I considered that place as my second home, my coworkers as my second family.
pretty good work place
cashier (Former Employee) –  monct26 June 2017
it was a pretty good place to work until found out i was pregnant and hurt my back by falling on the floor. I got fired from the tims in the mall because i broke up with my daughters father and his mother fired me because she was my manager.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
to much on a pregnant girl
fun and challenging
Food Counter Attendant/Baker (Current Employee) –  Prince Albert, SK26 June 2017
working in Tim hortons is fun and challenging can be learn a lot of things it can improved our self confidence. Tim hortons provide a training for those willing to learn and work here.
Pros
free food
Cons
busy
Great learning experience
Employee (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 June 2017
Was definitely able to learn a lot quickly about customer service. Often very fast paced work that kept me on my toes but was often hard. I was trained more by just experiencing being in a busy time than through their online system. It was often a lot of time on your feet but the people who you worked with often were enjoyable to be around.
fun place to work
Employee (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC26 June 2017
Management was good. Learned how to work in a fast pace environment in learning customer service. The workplace as overall fun to work at but sometime stressful as its a fast food place.
a well-organized restaurant, perfect starting job for any teen/young adult
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Steinbach, MB26 June 2017
A typical day at work here was, arrive, wash hands & put on a hairnet, punch-in, check the job's board to see what duties i needed to complete by the end of my shift and then assume my position on either the drive-thru sector of the store or the storefront area and do my job from there. Working at Tim Horton's really helped develop my customer service skills, it allowed me to step out of what I was used to and become a well-adept employee when it came to meeting the needs, wants and requests of the customer in a fast paced environment. This experience gave me a general idea and understanding of the customer service and table serving industry. The management there was well-organized and did a great job of keeping up to date on everything going on in and around the store, but; as employers that prided themselves on meeting the requests of their employees and being understanding/helpful to anyone that needed it, they proved to be quite dishonest about that statement and reassurance. I have nothing but nice words for that restaurant but there were a few minor changes that could've been made to the management.

In conclusion, it was an excellent experience and a great starter job but there was simply not enough room for growth, especially as an adult.
Keeping it Fresh, Getting it Done
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Dryden, ON26 June 2017
A typical day at Tim Horton's was usually busy. Customers standing in line waiting for coffee or tea. I brewed normally about 4 pots or so about an hour to keep it 20 mins fresh. Less busy days I had less on because I learned that it takes about 2 minutes to brew and when you are serving your customers it takes time to take the order.
When you ask a customer if it's for here or to go, some people would like there cup of coffee for here and donut for take out or vice versa.
The workplace culture was disorganized because most people didn't want to help out in busy areas where it was needed the average person stuck by there station. But I always worked hard to get customers served to satisfaction and that was difficult having to do almost everything, to dishes, to helping find buttons on the computer, to finding the sausage sandwhich without egg and training people, but I enjoyed the fast pace of it all, kept me busy for the most part.
Pros
Free coffee or tea
Cons
Short staffed and busy
Rough working conditions
Cashier (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON26 June 2017
lack of staff and high turn over rates on top of a lot of belligerent and rude customers make for rough working conditions.

new high school students every few months also makes the workings atmosphere more difficult for some people
Ok
Superviseur / commis restauration (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC26 June 2017
Bonne organisation, Problème de genou pour çà j'ai quitté cette emploi.
Dont care about their workers
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON26 June 2017
I have askrd if i could change my availability and was told the only way to get days off was to book them off. I needed to have weekends off to take care of a family member but was denied the availability form.
Pros
Free donuts
Cons
Productive and a highly professional workplace
Baker (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB26 June 2017
During my time working at Tim Hortons, I have grew to be more efficient and balance my time really well in order to accomplish my responsibilities given to me by my employer
Pros
50% discount during break
Cons
50% only during break
We need to make Tim Hortons enjoyable again
Cashier/Stacker (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC25 June 2017
We need to make Tim Hortons enjoyable again, their coffee is great and the workplace culture if they will be funded well I think Tim Hortons will be the best coffee shop in the World.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Sometimes Understaff
if you need a job
Cashier/Customer Service/Baker (Current Employee) –  Wallaceburg, ON25 June 2017
good if your starting out or really need a job. can be stressful. if you like customer service and it's your thing you would probably enjoy this job. I needed a job and they were first to hire me
Relatively good workplace, but with low pay and issues with advancement
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Truro, NS25 June 2017
A good workplace, with people you develop great relationships with, but it is difficult to advance to a management role, and the pay is poor, with raises being small and infrequent.
Pros
50% discount on food while working, free hot and cold drinks while working, great culture, good people
Cons
Little opportunity for advancement, low wages, hot temperatures
A great place to start your career
Customer Service Team Member (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 June 2017
A typical day in Tim it will be dynamic, not boring and so enthusiastic.
I learned how to manage my time, and do everything with quality.
The managers' team are amazing, they always are motivating their personal.
The most enjoyable part of the job is making the new friends, meeting new people every day.
Tim Hortons Review
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Ingersoll, ON25 June 2017
A typical day at Tim Hortons is pretty good, there is always something to do. You're always kept busy and there is always something to do if you're not serving customers. The management is great and friendly.
slow work nights
Staff Member (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 June 2017
not compare to other fast food restaurant, where its overnight work and its not busy. only 2 workers at night time. you have more responsibility rather if you work day shift more people less work responsibility.
Pros
free food
Cons
Productive workplace, some negativity but I was able to look past, Great people to work with.
Team member (Current Employee) –  Stratford, ON25 June 2017
A typical day at work would be waking up early or staying late which was hard. But i would get there and would be placed wherever, i was able to work any job at the store (excluding baking). Management would be there sometimes but not often. the hardest part of the job would be communication as everyone is working fast pace not caring about what you have to say. The most enjoyable would be getting to have some great customer service background as well as learn life skills.
Pros
Flexible time management
Cons
some workplace negativity
service au volant
responsable de planche (Former Employee) –  Saint-Hubert, QC25 June 2017
tres propre est toujours frais
bln service puis belle endroit
Pros
repas gratuit
Cons
courte pause

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tim Hortons. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval