Tim Hortons
3,418 reviews

Tim Hortons Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A great place to work at
Storefront Cashier (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 19, 2015
Pros: Great environmeny
Cons: Hours interferred with school
At Tim Hortons, I was responsible for serving customers and serving their order. Working there has taught me a lot about what it is like to work at a big company. I worked with great people and a good environment with a lot of diversity. I loved the customer-employee experience, and trying to create the best experience for the customer.
Fast-paced environment with lots to learn
Cashier (Former Employee), North Bay, ONApril 19, 2015
A typical would fly by and would be filled with lots of great customers, laughs and hard work. I worked with a great team that was very supportive on difficult days and made the slow ones more positive. the most enjoyable part of my day was opening our kiosk and bringing up the fresh baked goodies, which smelled delicious. the hardest part of my job would have been leaving, I made some great friends while I worked there.
great place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Oshawa, ONApril 18, 2015
I enjoy the people I work with and I've meet some great customers. I've learned important information about the food industry. Tim Horton's is a very fast paced environment which is great, between serving customs and cleaning duties.
was fun working here
storefront cashier (Former Employee), London, ONApril 18, 2015
Its nice to work and be a part of a "family". Friendly customers make the day go so much better
I learned alot of the job either making the customers order, processing the payment and then learned baking
Fast passed work place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONApril 18, 2015
I worked in a very busy environment since I was at a College campus Tim Horton's. I was able to make drinks fast and makes sandwiches. I also took orders from customers
Typical job
no bonuses
convenient locations
Fun but hard work
Supervisor (Former Employee), Caledonia, ONApril 17, 2015
Pros: Make great friends
Cons: Drive thru window in winter is not fun
I worked every shift and position at Tims over a 10 year span. I made fantastic friends and learned valuable skills. It was a very fast paced job but your day would go by quickly. Winter at the drive thru window was not pleasant but we would take turns.
Good Part time job for student
Cashier/Baker (Former Employee), WyomingApril 17, 2015
Pros: Paid my way thru college
Cons: minimum wage
Good learning experience. Learned how to be a team player and it taught my skills on how to deal with the public. I will miss all the people I worked with there
Fast paced work enviroment
Supervisor (Former Employee), ONApril 17, 2015
Pros: Staff and customers
Cons: afternoon shift
Being a supervisor was awesome. My staff got their work done on time and efficient. I loved coming into work and seeing my regular customers.
All Around Tim Hortons
Customer Service (Former Employee), Angus, ONApril 16, 2015
Pros: Flexible Hours
Cons: Drama
Tim Hortons is a great first job. It is awesome if you are a fast learner but you may have difficulties if you are slow. The duties range from food prep, pouring coffee, and mopping floors. The co-workers were okay.. There tended to be a lot of drama in the work place and the older full-time workers were not fond of the students. The hardest part of the job was learning sandwich bar and the most enjoyable part of the job was working with all the students and gaining the first time job experience.
The people make it or break it
Store Team Member (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONApril 16, 2015
Pros: Free snacks/hot drinks, flexible schedule
Cons: Short-staffed, frustrating working conditions i.e. little ventilation, equipment breaking down, running out of supplies or product, stressed co-workers
Typical day: hectic. Customers do not listen to what you are saying or mumble everything and then get mad when they did not receive what they ordered even though you repeated their order back to them and they agreed. Learning: Once you get the hang of it you have the hang of it, or you don't and should find a new job. Co-workers: I like most of my co-workers, it is a downer when they complain all day. Hardest part of the job: Being short-staffed. Most enjoyable: Working with my co-workers, those nice customers who brighten your day and are sincere, when the pace is steady and not ridiculously slow or busy
PRODUCTIVE
cashier (Current Employee), Edmonton,ABApril 16, 2015
Pros: free food
Cons: Long hours
It was a great experience in providing service to customers.My co-workers were very helping.Enjoyed alot! Mostly enjoyable part when staff is full & Everyone do his job properly
Tim Hortons
Storefront Staff (Current Employee), Stoney CreekApril 16, 2015
Pros: 60% off when working
Cons: Stressful
Working at Tim Hortons is a good experience to all wanting to get a part time only job. It can be sometimes stressful working here, only because you never know when a rush is going to come through the door. Overall its worth the experience
bad management, bad pay, bad employer.
Team Member (Former Employee), Selkirk, MBApril 16, 2015
Pros: free doughnuts
Cons: no lunch break, no raises, take $1 off every paycheque without permission, no sick days (even if your in the hospital), only got good hours if they like you.
get to work, had to have every part of uniform (otherwise written up and/or sent home), go to the same station that you have been on for the last 6 months, serve customers, clean, stock, get yelled at for getting done early and helping someone else, get yelled at if your behind for not helping others. management was confusing, could never get messages from head office to management to team members clearly and on time. most co-workers were good to work with, management and morning staff was hard to get along with. hardest part is lunch time rush and people yelling. enjoyable part was my last day, they baked a cake and made lasagna. No joke,
Very busy work environment, requires a lot of team work
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), Gueph, ONApril 16, 2015
Pros: Free Food
Cons: Hours
A typical day at work would be serving customers, take their orders, make the order and serve it. Stock and clean stations. Management is very supportive and encouraging. They make sure every employee is doing their job safely. My co-workers get along with me very well since I always try to help them with their duties and jobs. The hardest part of the job is multitasking, but since I have been working there for long time I am very good at multitasking now. The part that I enjoy the most is interacting with customers and communicating with them. I enjoy my work and I always try to give my best customer service.
Fun fast paced
Supervisor (Current Employee), Ajax, ONApril 16, 2015
Pros: long hours
Cons: rude customers
It was awesome working there. Met a lot of great people, who became family. I worked the 6AM-3PM shift. I learned that working in a team setting means that everyones ideas and opinions are valid. My managers and owners are awesome. Made it so much easier to work there. The most enjoyable day was the customers who make it worth it and comment on how your store is running. The hardest part of the job is to help people regain focus and always stay on track.
Busy work with many responsibilities
Baker (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBApril 15, 2015
Pros: Never boring, always had something to do
Cons: Always running around, it gets tiring
The typical day was busy, preparing food to ensure all the shelves are stocked. Not only that, but all the storefront employees would call back to the bakers for any item they needed, which we would then need to get for them. There would usually be 3 of us in the back but we were expected to make due with just 2. We would also need to record everything we prepared or sent to the front. We would also need to record the temperature of all temperature sensitive items (ensuring chicken was cooked or the soup was hot enough). Also, regular cleaning of the kitchen was required to prevent contamination. Every morning was very busy so juggling these tasks kept us running around all day. Strong communication between bakers was needed to ensure product was not prepared or recorded more than once. Furthermore, we would help each other out so we could complete all of our tasks efficiently. When the rush ended, we would clean the heavy-duty equipment and floors of the kitchen, while still completing or other duties.

The skills I learned the most from this are time management and working as a team. Time management was essential to complete all of the tasks for the day, it was easy to fall behind on work and it would then become very difficult to catch up. One way we were able to effectively complete all of our tasks was to work with my co-workers to avoid redundancy. If one baker was recording product, he or she would usually also record product that the other bakers needed to record, but were too busy to at the moment.

I felt that management was generally not very supportive of the – more... staff. They were quick to scold us and rarely praised us. This was especially demoralizing because I felt we were all working very hard.

I very much enjoyed working with my co-workers. The other bakers were friendly, funny and really helped me complete my tasks at work. The storefront employees were also very friendly, I felt that I could talk to any of my co-workers. I still talk to some of my co-workers.

The hardest part of my job was simply keeping on top of everything. It was very busy and we had a lot of responsibilities. The bakers were always running around in the back. The work wasn't particularly hard, but it was plentiful and time-consuming.

The most enjoyable part of the job was when we did a job well done. If we managed to keep the store stocked up fully, never missed a call from the front, recorded everything perfectly and kept the kitchen spotless, then I went home with a great feeling and very satisfied. However, sometimes I felt like I deserved recognition for work which I considered above and beyond, though I didn't always receive it. – less
fun work place
Team Member (Current Employee), Calgary, ABApril 15, 2015
a typical day at work would start of by singing in and then coming out to the front floor and get your area stocked and ready to go. My co- workers are really nice and fun to work with, my job is easy not that hard i know what Im doing and Im sure to make it right and the most enjoyable part of y job is when i work with my co- workers i know them really well and its fun working with them.
night shifter
Tim Hortons (Former Employee), St. John's, NLApril 15, 2015
it was fun met alot of new people and the hardest part was tiying to get everything done and serve customers at the same time the money wasnt bad but it wasnt good ethier
Productive work place, great staff
Team Member (Current Employee), Uxbridge, ONApril 14, 2015
Pros: 50% break food on shift
Cons: Hard to work around school and other jobs
I think Tim Hortons is a great company to work with in general, the staff at the Uxbridge location are very open and accepting to new staff. The majority of management is very nice and easy to get along with. I learned how attitude can make a difference. The hardest part of the job would probably be the non flexible hours to those with out a licence and those in school. My favourite part of working in the Uxbridge Tim Hortons are the people I meet when on the job.

1 2 3 4 5

About Tim Hortons

Tim Hortons Inc. is a Canadian fast casual restaurant known for its coffee and doughnuts. It is also Canada's largest fast food – Read more