Tim Hortons Employee Reviews

Found 6,571 reviews matching the search
Great place for all walks of life
Team Manager (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON1 March 2017
At Tims, be prepared to be active! You are always on the go and constantly learning how to work in a face paced environment. Being able to form a connection with "regulars" is always great, and welcoming new customers is great for anyone who considers themselves a people person. Management is always trustworthy, honest, and ready to listen to any issues an employee ever has at their job or otherwise. The hardest part of the job is knowing there is only a certain monetary threshold you can reach. If I could work at a store and make more than $20/hour I would do it in a heartbeat.
fun workplace, low salary
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON28 February 2017
My co-workers were awesome and welcomed me into their little family with open arms, some of the customers were disrespectful and picky however a lot of them would do anything to make me smile, i learned how to handle cash properly and team building skills,management was very understanding and helpful, the hardest part of the job for me was the little things. For example, timing the coffee pots, dumping the grinds etc, the most enjoyable part about the job was how many amazing people i got to meet
Pros
welcoming co-workers
Cons
low salary
Fun and busy
hostess/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB16 March 2017
A typical day at work is busy but we always had fun with customers and between other coworkers. Coworkers switching positions constantly depending on staffing and how busy we are.I have learned how to multi task and how to take care of unsatisfied customers and help them in ways I could. I learned how to organize people positions and get most work done. I learned how to properly train new employees how to to be a good leader. The hardest part of the job is when we are short staffed and don't have enough employees to keep time and things stocked. The best part of the job is seeing customers happy and seeing the regulars and always catching up with them.
Personally rewarding company to work for
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Leamington, ON12 March 2017
Tim Horton's is an extremely high stress, fast paced job but I do enjoy the challenge. The bond that is formed with the regular customers is the most rewarding part of the day! The management at the store where I work is far from professional and in my opinion could use management training however the job does get done. They are able to provide flexible work hours so working with your personal schedule is typically not an issue making it the perfect place for someone who maybe is working two part time jobs or is a single parent.
Pros
during work hours we get a discounted price on lunches, free coffee and pastries
Cons
Long hard days for minimal pay
Fun and enjoyable
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON20 March 2017
ypical day at work would involve starting the day off with cleaning the washrooms and dining area if there are no customers then you would be at cash serving beverages and prepared food items most of the time. If needed be then you would be requested to stock the fridge if you are the fast and physically fit type of person. Routinely you would go to the dining room to check for any garbage and clean the tables as well as in front of the counter. You do have to move very quick all the time and have to occupy yourself with something even if there is nothing to do when it's quiet or you will be scrutinized if the manager or supervisors on the floor think that you are not working hard enough.
There is always something to do!
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 March 2017
A typical day at work, come in on time and clock in. I was able to learn on the floor first for my first shift ever, they teach you to make coffee, cold drinks, espresso's etc. Management could be a bit slack if you ask me, at least at the location I worked at. Workplace is very diverse, but sometimes people could be rude as well. Hardest part of my job was the environment, the tims I worked at was fairly small and it had both drive thru and the storefront it was very difficult to make moves around.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
Long Hours, Understaff
fun, fast paced employement
front end (Former Employee) –  Duncan, BC14 March 2017
Tim Hortons was a great place to work. on a typical day I'd provide great customer service and prep soup and sandwich. At Tim Hortons I learned how to greet customers and provide excellent customer service to ensure the customer was content. The management was great at Tim Hortons as they truly went above and beyond for their employees. This place was a great place to work because everyone you worked with was so positive and enjoyed your presence. The hardest part of the job would have been multitasking. although I got used to it after a while, it was very hard for me to get used to at first. But the most enjoyable part about working at Tim Hortons was making new friends.
Pros
learned, made friends
Fast paced work enviroment
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Corner Brook, NL6 March 2017
Tim Hortons was my first job that I started at the age of 15 and worked there throughout high school. My manager was great and was very flexible with hours and offered me whatever was good for me considering I was in high school. As my first job, it taught me to be reliable, on time, a team player and the basics of customer service. The hours were good, as you were guarantee an 8 hour shift every shift, however in an 8 hour shift you were only entitled to two 15 min breaks, which was not enough. I left this job after three years to expand my job experience which is when I found a job at Naturalizer.
Was Worth The Expirience
Team Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON23 March 2017
It's most certainly an enjoyable place to work in a positive fast-paced atmosphere. I have no regrets from working there only that I'm not fit for it.
If you're someone who absolutely loves face-to-face interaction constantly for hours whilst making hot drinks, or if you want a secure position with guaranteed hours Timmies is great.
However if you are someone who prefers a calmer environment with a set list of clear instructions on tasks and a steadier pace look elsewhere.
Pros
Free Coffee, Tea. Interactions with some.
Cons
Effort goes unnoticed, one members constant mistake fall upon all else.
A great place for your first job but be sure to leave for better things quickly!
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON21 March 2017
Loved my team, the coffee, and the location!
A great many Canadians love to hate Timmies. So be prepared take a fair amount of abuse just because you work there.
The franchisee sets the tone of their business. The few I have met want to take as much money out of the business as they can manage and view their employees as easily replaceable.
For those looking for a long term, permanent job, my experience was that loyalty and hard work were not rewarded.
To the best of my knowledge, Tim Horton's has never had a senior executive who worked their way up through the ranks.
This is about how we feel and what we come to learn at Tim Hortons.
Team Member/ Customer Serivice Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 March 2017
Tim Hortons is a best place for the High School Kids to learn how to do jobs and start correlating with people to understand the new ways of living. The experience sounds to be good but its challenging also due to the fast paced work environment. The only thing I don't like is that there is no scope of improvement and salary increment . Otherwise they pay properly but less than required for this typical fast pace job.
Pros
Free Food, Schedule
Cons
less salary, more work, low workers' respect
Tim Hortons
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON26 February 2017
This was my first job ever, so I cannot be too critical, as this was an "entry job" of sorts.

The team I worked with was spectacular. Tremendous people who were incredibly kind to me, as I was to them. The only issue that lied within the team was direct family relations between management and team members.

Management was incredibly cheap, yet understanding. Management would be stern when things were not done their way, but were reasonable with regard to requests for days off.
Every Productive
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON19 February 2017
A typical day at work is usually fast pace but sometimes can get slow if customers do not really come to buy breakfast in the morning.

I learn that you always want to treat the customer good so that they feel welcome when they come to Tim Hortons and also want to show good customer service at all times.

The management at my location is every understanding when it comes to school they will work around my school schedule and vacations.

The workplace every multi-culture with many different part of the country.
Pros
Get good hours
Cons
It gets really slow on the weekends
Very Fast Paced Environment, opportunity to work as part of a team
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON21 February 2017
As the evening supervisor at Tim Hortons, I am responsible for ensuring that the duration of the shift runs smoothly and efficiently. I am responsible for counting the tills at the end of the shift, making sure that employees are taking their breaks, handling customer complaints and feedback and making sure that everything is set up for the upcoming shift.

The hardest part of the job would be dealing with big rushes when we are short of staff.

The most enjoyable part is working as part of a team.
Pros
Working as a team
Cons
Shortage of Staff
Great workplace to develop customer service and team based skills
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  London, ON23 February 2017
I have worked at various Tim Horton's locations for almost 8 years now. It was my first part time job when I began High School, and has continued to help me grow and learn new skills as I've gone through college. Working at Tim's has given me the opportunity to grow and develop new skills as the years have gone on, such as team oriented fast paced environments, customer service skills, and more recently, slight management skills. Though the job can sometimes get stressful, especially during busy rushes or customer complaints, I still highly recommend working here for anyone looking for a great starting job.
Fun workplace with flexible hours
Counter Attendant (Current Employee) –  St. Marys, ON27 February 2017
Very fast paced environment with a good variety of duties. The most enjoyable part of this job is meeting and greeting the customers, both regulars and newcomers. While the workplace culture in this location is mostly high school age people, it is a very inclusive culture, young, old, and handicapped. The hardest part of this position is the long hours standing on your feet.
Pros
Flexible working hours and free lunches
Cons
Long hours and weekend work
productive workplace
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Blind River, ON28 February 2017
Typical day at work, walk in make sure I sign in 10 minutes prior to a shift. make sure everything is filled. Cups, Lids, Boxes, etc., What I've learned while working at Tim Horton's is that Team Work is key to a successful business. also, I believe the harder you work better the out come. So, I try and be a leader when people don't feel like doing their job. I would try and motivate them, like good job and good work when other workers do good. Therefore, the hardest part of the day is when your team members don't cooperate when needed the most. The most enjoyable part of the job is, you know everybody you work with its always fun makes everything easier.
Cons
not enough hours
Badly managed store.
Counter Staff (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC28 February 2017
There's no teamwork, it's basically one person running around doing everything all the time. Coworkers will get frustrated if asked to help out or do any sort of work. There's no discipline in place, the manager doesn't reinforce rules or anything. Very cheap manager as well, they only care about store profits. No hard work is rewarded or recognized. All they know to do is complain and punish you for mistakes you couldn't have prevented BECAUSE THERE IS NO TEAMWORK.
Review
Night Shift Worker (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON4 March 2017
When I first started working at Tim Hortons, everything was great. Until I decided to return back to school and stopped making Tim Hortons my priority. The management team ended up making my experience as a worker there, very unpleasant. I ended up handing in my letter of resignation due to my manager giving me a hard time for being sick.

It wasn't all bad. The people I worked with were amazing, The job itself, was easy and enjoyable. I just had a bad experience due to the management team.
Pros
People I worked with
Cons
How I was treated by the managment team
Part-time Employment as Cashier/Baker at Tim Hortons
Cashier/Baker (Former Employee) –  Parry Sound, ON5 March 2017
Although I enjoy working in stressful, fast-paced environments, there was no opportunity for advancement, favoritism resulted in unfair treatment to other workers, generally a feeling of under appreciation.
The most enjoyable part of the job depended on the co-workers, mostly. When you work in a workplace where everyone seems miserable, it is difficult to have a positive outlook on your job.
Pros
Free coffee and donuts, fairly flexible work schedule
Cons
Maximum workload for minimum pay

75%