Tim Hortons Employee Reviews in Canada

Found 5,318 reviews matching the search
Great first job, bu that is all
Tim Hortons Team Member (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ONAugust 30, 2016
The co-workers are fantastic. However, the owners I worked for were a little harder to deal with. I found a lot of things unfair, and some even not following the labour law. The job itself is super easy. The hardest part for me was dealing with upset customers, but you can always resolve that. They are very flexible for when you need time off. Overall, it is a great place to have your first job, but move forward as soon as possible.
Pros
free tea, coffee and hot chocolate.
Cons
poor management.
highly motivated, reliable and team player,
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 29, 2016
I start my day off by meeting and greeting people with a warm smile and friendly hello interaction with the general public is key in any given situation
Pros
flexable hours, and benefits
Cons
night shift and overrtime
Served it's purpose as a job to make money before college starts
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BCAugust 29, 2016
A typical day at work for me was: show up, get on front till, check the 3-11 chores list, finish anything that hadn't been done yet, help any customers that come in. Co-workers were probably the best part about the job, met a lot of new friends.
Pros
Staff discounts
Cons
Grumpy customers and terrible uniforms
Fast paced for minimum wage
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tillsonburg, ONAugust 29, 2016
You are never garenteed to have an eight hour shift. Some days it might be ten hours and the next might be four hours. Management doesn't know how to treat their staff. Most co-workers were amazing and the others would do their best to get you fired so they still had a job. Hardest part of the job would be having to be fast but accurate so you don't burn yourself while in a rush.
Fast paced work and friendly environment.
cashier/stock/drivethrough (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BCAugust 28, 2016
It is a fast paced work place, co-workers are very nice and works together. You try and get the orders in and make sure you have them all correct. The work place of this Tim Horton that I work at is a very friendly environment! The hardest part of the job was being super fast past working while working in the drive though, you got certain amount of time to get whatever it is your task is done! But that's what I enjoy the most is working fast with my co-worker and getting it done before the cars gets to the window :) what I also enjoy the most is having able to have fun while working in a fast paced environment and jokes here and there about our working pace!
Pros
staff discount
Cons
schedule management was alright but not the greatest
fun working
Front Cashier (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 28, 2016
sustainable job so far, gave me the courage and improve my customer service skills. Time works for me, and owner is considering all of our request mostly with timing and scheduling.
Great people horrible managment
baker\cashier\store front (midnights) (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ONAugust 28, 2016
Tdl owns all of Tim's in Kingston avoid working for them the stores are mismanaged from the management up, human resources even threatening to have me blackballed from a 10km radius of all Tim's because I refused to work with 1 co-worker
fast and friendly
Assistant manager (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONAugust 28, 2016
Flexible with school schedules. Fun and friendly atmosphere. Very busy and fast paced. A lot of standards to follow. Constantly on a timer. Build relationships with co workers and customers.
Nice place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABAugust 27, 2016
A typical day at work was fast paced and fun. I learned how to handle food properly and be very organized. management was nice and understanding. My co-workers where nice and made my day go a lot smoother because of our teamwork. The hardest part of the job was working the night shift. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with my co-workers.
Pros
they where really flexable
Cons
The pay
Great place to gain tons of skills and work in a very fast paced environment
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 26, 2016
Great atmosphere to work, with an open office concept. Management are courteous and friendly, the organization values family and team bonding. You are in charge of your own success.
Pros
Free lunches
Productive and enjoyable workplace
Store Front (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ONAugust 26, 2016
Typically, employees begin the day at brisk pace making sure that customers receive their orders in time and are able to leave for work at the time they need to. Despite this pressure, all employees are always providing an enjoyable atmosphere in the workplace.

Through this type of environment, I was able to learn how to work under a time-limit, work as efficiently as possible (by myself and with others), maintain the appropriate attitudes despite changing situations, and more.

Management and co-workers are both excellent because of people who are enjoyable to be around and will still make sure to achieve their objectives.

The hardest part of the job is the pressure to perform. It is something that is guaranteed when providing a service such as this. One always has to make sure they deliver their service properly and accurately.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the human interaction. Conversing with customers is one of the most interesting aspects of the job because you will meet many different people from various races, ethnicities, and religions.
very productive
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 26, 2016
very fasted pased work
management was wonder full to work with when ever needed
i have learned how to make coffee which i did not know before i started working there i enjoyed making tim bits loved it !!!!
Pros
free tim bits
Cons
8 hour shifts most time
Horrible workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Milton, ONAugust 26, 2016
Staff is treated poorly, minimal advantages and benefits. They do not care whether you are sick or injured, you must work. Stressful environment.
Productive and good communication to costumers.
Food counter attendant (Current Employee) –  Campbell River, BCAugust 26, 2016
Reliable productivity and good communication skills. A fun work place good team work.good manageable. Fast server good communication and to the worker .
Pros
Free bake goods and drinks 15% off for sandwiches any different drinks
Cons
Yes long hours
it was fun to work with new people
Customer Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 25, 2016
It was good to work in a multicultural environment. It was a good opportunity for me to learn new things,interact with the people living around me and learn about Canadian culture.
Pros
Free coffee
Fast paced
Storefront Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 25, 2016
Pros:
-fast paced
-busy restaurant so time goes by very quick
-great management and staff
-nice and patient customers
-long shifts - good income

Cons:
-coffee burns and spills
Fun and Enjoying the workplace
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 25, 2016
Team skills and ability of working hard on busy schedule.t
Better understanding between co-workers and the guests to
whom I serve.
Very fast-paced working environment, with lots of management experience available.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONAugust 25, 2016
From working with Tim Horton's for almost 3 years, I have gained fabulous communication skills. I have been developing my management skills, being a supervisor of Tim Horton's for the last 2 years.
Fun and it feels great seeing the customers everyday
Food Counter Attendant (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BCAugust 25, 2016
It is a fun working environment. We learn everything together.
It's more fun because we work with our bosses.
The most enjoyable part of the job is when it gets busy and everybody is so focused. Also when we hit our daily targets.
Pros
Free Meals
Cons
Not enough staff on a busiest day of the week
Productive.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Mcphillips Street Winnipeg ManitobaAugust 25, 2016
Busy store. Fast paced. We always take good care pf our customers. We give them fresh coffee and fresh product. Very strict of health safety and we always make sure that they will get the best service that they need.