Tim Hortons Employee Reviews

Found 6,303 reviews matching the search
Supervisor
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON30 January 2017
Tim Hortons is a good place for your first job, they have flexible hours, But a lot of the time I felt like they micro-manage a lot which sometimes created a hostile environment for other workers. They hire a lot of students too, so expect sick calls. Not a place to stay for long but is there when you need something for your schooling.
Pros
Cheap food, Friendly staff, easy promotions, fast paced
Cons
A lot of sick calls, micro-managing, rude customers, minimum wage (in case you didn't know)
my experience of working at tim hortons
Server (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS15 February 2017
come in early, serve coffee to a long line of customers. Ive learned people skills, how to bake, make coffee, multitask. management was alright, some people not. those who are not were power tripping and being unfair to some staff members, playing favourites. Hardest part for me was putting up with petty supervisors and the manager, taking a deep breath and not let it affect me or my service for customers. Enjoyable parts of the job were the other wonderful half of the staff, great regular customers, who make all the hard parts worth it!
Pros
50% off food, benefits, guanteed hours
Cons
many people in positions of power abuse it i.e power trip
Rude Management
Food Service Attendant (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS18 February 2017
- The staff got a long great.
- Lots of Multitasking.
- Stressful environment.
- Terrible management who never listen to you.
- Management does not care about their workers.
- Owners & Management constantly yelling at their staff.
- 50% off on shift.
- Only get two 15 minute breaks, which is terrible.

It's a good job for students who need to make some extra money. I find when you work full time for them they expect A LOT from you, take advantage of you and also yell at you 24/7.
Pros
Nothing.
Cons
Management.
An environment where you can learn a lot from
Drive -Thru order taker (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON20 January 2017
I enjoyed work here, I have learned what is costumer service I have learned how to handle people. A typical day at work for me is even though it can be really stressful but at the end the smile that I get usually from them at the end of the day is total worth. The most enjoyable part of my job when I get to see and help all the people and put an smile on their faces and another one will be getting the chance to meet new people
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
not enough hours
Friendly and supportive work environment with unrealistic incentives
Team Member (Current Employee) –  London, ON22 January 2017
During a typical day of work I would find myself always attempting to assist our manager as much possible to reach our incentive as well maintain a clean and friendly working environment for all. While working here I was able to drastically improve my collaboration skills and social abilities. The hardest part about about my job was trying to please our managers and tolerating upset customers. The most enjoyable part about my job is meeting all the new people who I work with.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
No benefits
A place where you can grow.
Night Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 January 2017
I have worked at Tim Hortons for 10 years and have grown as a person. The way that I have grown is that I have become more assertive and it is because I met an exceptional individual there and he taught me how to believe in myself more. I currently am still employed there but it seems to me that my time there has gone by. I now need to find a new path and want to further myself and grow to get into the path that I want to achieve in the future. I thank Tim Hortons for helping me grow as a person and would recommend anyone to become a team member there if they feel as if they do not have any direction in life.
It was a fun and productive workplace. It was an overall fun environment to be in.
Tim Hortons Team Member (Former Employee) –  St. Thomas, ON29 January 2017
I enjoyed working with my team members and being in a happy environment. I enjoyed trying the different foods that were new, as well as the beverages. I learned a lot about the different kinds of foods and how the food is made/shipped to the stores. I learned a lot about being a team leader. I also learned how to use a cash register, which in my opinion has improved my math skills.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Slow hours
It was a good place to learn hot to multy task and improve people skills
drive through order taker (Former Employee) –  Yorkton Sask30 January 2017
the other workers were good people to work with and not shy to explain somthing you may be having issues with. it was a fast paced job that took a bit to get used too but once I did it all flowed well. if i required help i could always ask one of my fellow team members. it was a fun safe enviroment with plenty of room to learn even though the hours where a little hard to get used to when they could ask you to stay overtime at almost any time.
Pros
a discount on all product plus free coffee when working
Cons
one single half hour break during an eight hour shift
Fast paced environment makes the time fly by
Storefront Team Member (Current Employee) –  London, ON4 February 2017
Tim Hortons has provided me with the experience required to hone my multitasking skills and has taught me the importance of organization. By preparing and organizing everything in advance, it is so much easier to fulfil orders in quick succession. Moreover, the environment in Tim Hortons is always positive and you quickly become close with your coworkers, and you truly do become a team. This allows you all the support you need in the sometimes high stress situation involved in such a fast-paced store.
Pros
Tim points - Each point =$1
Cons
Can be highly stressful
Fast paced workplace with confident and friendly co-workers
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON6 February 2017
A typical day at work enlists serving customers a variety of products such as coffee for one, donuts, muffins, etc. As well as making pots of coffee, steeped tea, dark roast; stocking cups and lids as well as maintaining cleanliness of countertops behind the register as well as tabletops and chairs in the store front. The hardest part of the job is maintaining the cleanliness of the area that you're working in especially when busy. The most enjoyable part of the job is friendly co-workers and smiling customers.
fun work invironment, and good management.
Food Counter Attendant (Former Employee) –  Edson, AB7 February 2017
Since i started to work at Tim Hortons way back 2012. I find it very productive place to work. Co-workers are so friendly and fun to work with,management are fair and considerate when it comes to days off and vacation leave, our superior are very approachable in any ways. I considered that working in Tim Hortons is one the best company that i work with in my life. I learned handling different kinds of custumer in a polite manner even in a stressful and bussiest time during the day.
Pros
40% discount on all food and free hot drinks
Cons
sometimes on call during days off
The other crew member is not bad most of them is nice
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON7 February 2017
My work is easy. In a week I only work weekend. I learned how to make coffee and others.I know how to earn money. The management is good. My workplace culture? Many of them is persian and we are 4 filipino. The other persian is not nice. The hardest part of the job is when you need to pick up the heavy thingy. The most enjoyable of the job is to make them happy especially the customers.
Pros
free lunch except sandwiches and bagels
Kept busy with chores
Team Member/Store Front (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON10 February 2017
Working at Tim Hortons was very educational. It had long work hours but it kept you busy which made the day go faster. The management was not very organized. We wouldn't get our schedule until late in the week sometimes. They also changed the schedule without telling you. The store itself was not kept organized. We would have to run around looking for many things. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the shipments in the afternoon. The most enjoyable part of the job was my fellow employees who made the day fun.
Pros
Friendly employees
Every Productive
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON19 February 2017
A typical day at work is usually fast pace but sometimes can get slow if customers do not really come to buy breakfast in the morning.

I learn that you always want to treat the customer good so that they feel welcome when they come to Tim Hortons and also want to show good customer service at all times.

The management at my location is every understanding when it comes to school they will work around my school schedule and vacations.

The workplace every multi-culture with many different part of the country.
Pros
Get good hours
Cons
It gets really slow on the weekends
management
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON15 January 2017
A typical day started a 7 a.m. at the pick of rush hour. I learned how to handle customer complaints with patience, tact and understanding which enhanced my problem solving skills.. Learned how to better pay attention to details. Became more people oriented and developed excellent communication and negotiating skills. The most enjoyable part was during fundraising time raising funds camp.
And the hardest part was the standing for the entire shift except for the breaks. My management team was one of the best team to work with.
Pros
competitive wages
Cons
Standing for the entire shift
Its good but not the best
Tim Hortons Team Member (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB14 January 2017
Working as a part time at tim hortons, Mostly start my work in evening 3-11. Start my daily job on drive thur or store front where I was taking orders from the customer.

I have learn the interaction with the customer in Canadian work place environment.

The management is supportive and understand the needs of the employee.

Our co-workers are frindly and supportive.

When you work over night and manage whole store by yourself

Enjoyable part when shift came to ends and going home
Pros
Good Employee Discount
Cons
Cut Hours if not busy
Poorly opperated, obvious that staff is unaware of what they are doing. Managers are also noticably unaware of their duties.
Store Front (Current Employee) –  Elmira, ON16 January 2017
I was told by my manager that I was going to get better training when I was not trained at all. Staff loves me and notices I am a hard worker but got picked on about the weirdest things, for example, I messaged my boss around 10:15 in the evening and as I work night shift and start at 11 I did not find this to be out of the ordinary but I had gotten in trouble for it.
Pros
Paid breaks
Cons
The attitude of the store is horrendace.
Not a good place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB16 January 2017
Very fast paced and demanding. I have learned people can be very cruel. The management are ruthless, uncaring, and showed no knowledge of how to perform employer/employee interactions. Concerns go unanswered and are blatantly ignored. As in any workplace some co-workers worked well together whereas others didn't. The hardest part of this job was seeing the unfair treatment of good people (co-wokers) I made a few friends who are still friends even though we are no longer employed with this company.
Pros
Cons
revolving door
Good workplace
Baker (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC16 January 2017
I work overnight on the weekend so it fits in my schedule perfectly. I make all the food (pastries, doughnuts, breakfast, etc...) and then I clean up my area. I only work with one other person overnight and I do get along with her very well. I also get along with my other co workers when they call me in to work during the day. The hardest part is lifting all the heavy boxes. I enjoy baking in general, I love baking at home a lot so decorating the doughnuts is definitely fun.
Pros
Free food and overnight shift
Cons
working overtime sometimes
awesome place to work good place to build charector and expand custermer service
Baker (Former Employee) –  Perth, ON27 January 2017
my typical day started at night because I was the night time baker. I would clean my machines and get my paperwork ready for the night. I would then start my bake and midnight and bake right threw till 5 am. and then I would head out to the floor and help out in the drive threw making coffee and getting dounts drinks and what ever my supervisor asked of me.
Pros
meet new people.
Cons
none that i can think of.