Tim Hortons Employee Reviews

Found 5,832 reviews matching the search
You will miss it when you left.
services/baker/counter (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NS9 December 2016
I worked at Cape Breton Tim Hortons for a year.
I know works like this could be diffcult but if you work harder than you think, you can get better reward.

Also the management style totally different from store to store, beware the feeling when you really want to get in.
Pros
Nice people, sometimes fun, friends more than co-workers
Cons
law pay, hurts on the back.
Fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON9 December 2016
Great workplace. Fun environment, people you worked with were great, the management was friendly and nice. Overall the work experience there was great.
its fun serving people
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 December 2016
id learned a lot. very friendly and the hardest part of my job is to serve people with no patience to wait. the most enjoyable part is being part of tim hortons
Fun place to work at
Customer Service / Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 December 2016
It was fun to interact with customers and team members. I learned how to deal with difficult customers while maintaining professionalism.
Very Productive and exciting workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Moose Jaw, SK8 December 2016
I enjoyed working at Tim Hortons for the short period of time I was there. There was never a dull moment working there. The other employees were amazing.
Pros
Free coffee
bizzy place to work at
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON8 December 2016
typical day working at tim hortons is long frustrating and very fast pace. we had to make sure all of the cups, lids, sugar, creamer, coffee and sandwitch bar were full. we worked well as a team, if someone was making coffee the other was getting the doughnut or sandwich .Always made sure the counters and floors were swept and washed. We took turns at emptying the garbage out side and cleaning the washrooms. when we took our breaks we had to see if anything needs to be stocked and take out the garbage.
Pros
friendly co workers and managers
Cons
long hours and not being able to stand still
Awsome group of people
Baker and storefront (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON8 December 2016
A typical day at Tim Hortons. I will get to work at 330 am, prep and turn on all the warmers and oven. I would start with breakfast egges and sausages and move on to donuts and timbits it takes about 2 hours to make the morning initial.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
long long shifts
It was a good place to work at for a short time.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON7 December 2016
On a daily basis while working an Tim Hortons I would ensure the dining area is clean, clean the washrooms, along with serve the customers, do the daily chores that needed to be done all before the next shift came in. I learned alot, I learned how to talk to people better, i learned customer service skills, along with working the register. The hardest part of the job for me was not being able to speak up on things that I wanted to, being I was only a team member, I had so much ideas, or improvements for people/ the store but I just felt like I would be ignored. That ties me into the co worker and management. At my store the management was very poor. I felt they didn't care, and my co workers were just lazy. My favorite part of the job though, was the expiernce, and that I met such amazing people.
Pros
great customers, discount on items, made me more confident
Cons
bad management, not enough rules
It was great.
Tim Hortons Team Member (Former Employee) –  St. Paul, AB7 December 2016
I really enjoyed this job a lot because it was fast-pace exciting and fun. Was great work and over-all everything was great.
fun work place, not enough hours
Server/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 December 2016
It was a job I enjoyed but they didn't give me enough hours so I quit bur if they were to give me enough hours I would have stayed
Typical day at work
Efficient, friendly customer service (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 December 2016
Usually a typical day at work would me a morning shift that is 8 hours long. There specific objectives that were to be met, such as meet drive thru times (which were to under 30 sec on average every hour). As a team, we were able to get the task done and meet the objectives.
Working at Tim Hortons
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON7 December 2016
Personally I found that my job itself was not too bad. But the other staff were causing a lot of stress and tension which made me not feel like working there some days.
Pros
gain good speed when working
Cons
too much gossip and problems between staff
fast pace workplace lots of hours
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Fergus, ON7 December 2016
not the job I need for my family. various poisons lots of chance for new training. lots of hours available. team setting. min wage unless midnights
productive and fun workplace
Safety Representative (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON7 December 2016
Tim Hortons is a fast-paced workplace but can be fun! especially when you have regular returning customers you know you're providing great customer service as well as fresh made right coffee and products!
Pros
free lunches!
Cons
standing on feet all shift.
Fast and hard work
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON7 December 2016
Working at Tim Horton, did not give a chance to me to use all my abilities and also was did not provide me to learn and use my abilities which wold help me in benefiting my future career.
I think it was pretty fun
Cashier/Front of House (Former Employee) –  Sioux Lookout, ON6 December 2016
I learned how to make coffee and other drinks the managers were pretty cool they took us curling and made sure we had a way home from work everyday. Most of us were students so they were very accommodating of our schedules.
Bad
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON6 December 2016
Management doesn't follow availability. Not caring and does not treat customers properly. Learned customer service skills and was well liked by customers. Loved coworkers and got along well with them yet they thought same of management.
fun workplace and training grounds for young people as well as for adults
Baker/Team Member (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 December 2016
best institution for people who needs boosting of confidence along with other team members and the management itself.
Tim Hortons recommendation summery
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Delhi, ON5 December 2016
This job is perfect if you are looking to start somewhere, preferably reccomeneded to students but it's an easy job and it's all team work. It's exactly what you expect from being rushed around woth a lot of other people and being on EVERYTIME with food beverages and even break. Easy for first time food handlers and it keeps you up to date with your everyday sanatation needs.
Pros
Free donuts free coffee free tomboys and staff discounts
Cons
It's all expected so you can't really have cons
Fast pace environment great for a first-time job for students
Caissière (Current Employee) –  Lassalle, QC5 December 2016
Honestly the only thing that kept me there were the tips, on a bad day I'd make 5 to 10 dollars whilst on a good day 15 to 25 dollars. But with the stress put on the employees to maintain a fast pace, & horrible customers its not a job for sensitive people. Also, it can be very dangerous, so if you're someone that doesn't wanna end up with burns & bruises or possibly injuring yourself off a wet floor just to serve a bagel with creme cheese under 60 seconds its not for you.
Pros
Tips (allowed in certain locations)
Cons
long hours, too demanding for low salary.