Tim Hortons

Tim Hortons Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
PRODUCTIVE AND NICE WORKPLACE
Storefront Team Member (Current Employee), Red Deer, ABMay 25, 2015
I AM LEARNING A LOTS OF NEW THINGS. WORK TEAM CAN ADOPT OTHER RACES AND CULTURAL. MANAGEMENT TEAM ARE DEPENDABLE. PRETTY MUCH FRESH START TO THE COUNTRY WHERE I AM MIGRATING
we often get together and have lunch with empoyees
guest services coffee maker order taker (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMay 24, 2015
Pros: % 50 off what ever we eat
My typical day at work always happy since my nature says so . I keep smiling and greeting the guess. what I learned? since I'm in this field I learned how to treat the people in positive way long time ago I'm satisfied with management and happy. my co workers chosen so they are great they all well trained and well mannered I have no hard part of the work the most enjoyable part of work is been in store front and greeting the guess
welcoming and comforting work enviorment
Baker (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMay 24, 2015
Pros: fun enviormant, Great staff and management
Cons: Not much room for advancement, not much pay for the work
Tim Hortons has been a great place to work the environment has been very comforting and the staff are amazing I've really felt part of a team there. Management is always looking to push you to grow which I feel is important.
Good sense of team work
Supervisor/Cashier (Current Employee), Longueuil QuebecMay 24, 2015
Go to work and serving people. Make sure everyone is doing their job.
I learned that with team work, the job gets much easier. The hardest part of the job is re-stocking. The most enjoyable part of the job is good communication.
Multiple positions available
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee), Kamloops, BCMay 24, 2015
Tim hortons was a great company to work for especially because they had so many different positions available, which helped to suit each individual to what they enjoyed most, from making coffee, to making sandwiches and soups, baking positions and potential to grow in the company in a management or supervisor position.
very fast and not fun
Manager (Former Employee), south side edmontonMay 24, 2015
Pros: like the company
Cons: hated the bosses
From 6 to 10 in the morning its not fun . you cant talk or interact with people or even customers. you are pushed to get your customers in and out 25 seconds or the owners wants to know why . i have learned that i dont want to treat people like that.The last owners were not very nice to work for the verberly abused the staff. The co-workers were the best people i have worked with and sometime felt sorry for the and the way the were treated.
don't work at Tim Hortons
Baker and Customer Service (Former Employee), Sarnia, ONMay 24, 2015
Pros: mininal training
Cons: worst training
if your new person get started at any Tim Hortons they will give you mininal training in your life.l got started at nights l don't where to started..l had only work at nights l never got afternoon shaft at all.l only couple times is day shaft l only got.l still need more training if someone is willing take me on
Stressful...
SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 23, 2015
It all depends on the owner of that franchise. The owners make the business, good, bad or horrible to work for. Each day is different, and can be exciting or stressful. Tim Hortons can be a fun place to work part-time. But i wouldn't recommend it to anyone.
Fun workplace
Food Counter Attendant (Current Employee), Lloydminster, ABMay 22, 2015
More on physical / hands on work. everyone moves fast. We gotta be fast but can't have our products suffer. I learned a lot of stuff from day to day work. We have a nice and supportive boss, good management staff and friendly co-workers.
A comfortable environment with delicious treats for everyone
Hostess (Former Employee), 15 Queensway Dr E Simcoe,May 22, 2015
Pros: Free coffee on breaks
A typical day at Tim Hortons is being welcomed by the staff with a warm smile while they take your order. The short time that I was working at Tim Hortons, I learned that there was a safer way to cut bagels. The co-workers were great and helped me if I wasn't sure about how to do something. The hardest part of the job for me was working the till. I had difficulties finding the proper buttons for the orders being placed. The most enjoyable part of the job was watching the satisfied customers.
Meeting new people
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 22, 2015
Pros: working with someone
Cons: long hours
The First day wasn't so bad once i knew what i had to do
I have Learned that the night shift was a little hard since it was my first shift
The management was great
The hardest part of the job was having to clean and watch for customers at the same time ,.
The most enjoyable part of the job was that i met new people as i was starting over in a new city and working the night shifts.
Fun and great place to be
Customer Sales Representative (Former Employee), Brampton, ONMay 21, 2015
Great place to work if you enjoy talking to people. have to be fast and quick with orders making sure you do exactly what the customer wants. have to be flexible with specific commands by customers. Meeting new people everyday is the best part because i am a social and outgoing person.
Multitasking by serving the guests and still doing store work
Team Member (Current Employee), Scarborough, ONMay 21, 2015
Pros: 50% Off the food
Cons: Difficult hours
A normal day at work requires us to be in the front attending guests and still be able to go around and clean while restocking for the later shifts. Baking is sometimes asked of us to do, after the baker has gone home, and we have started to run low on products, or if the products have passed their shelf expiration time. The co-workers are always fun to be with, specially if you can multitask with them easily and if you can establish a good connection with them. The jobs we do at Tim Hortons vary depending on the rush and how much time we have left for last minute jobs. Our jobs are normally timed and we try to stick to it as closely as we can. We are required to put our completed jobs in the store Tablet which is linked to the main server, this is to keep track of the cleaning and temperatures of the products to ensure safety and hygiene.
Too Tense
Cashier (Former Employee), Picton, ONMay 21, 2015
Far to many people are unhappy at the branch I had worked at. The management was rude and inconsiderate. The overall job it's self was okay but far too stressful.
Busy & fun place to work
counter (Former Employee), Cloverdale, BCMay 20, 2015
All seems fine at work till you don't get any unhappy customer. I have learned dealing with hard situations example running out of any item that guest needs and offering something nice instead. It was great to work with team, make good drive - thru times.
Preview of working at Tim Hortons
Cashier (Former Employee), Coquitlam, BCMay 20, 2015
Pros: 50% employee discount on food
Cons: Heat: working at the sandwich bar
- Begin Shift
- Go to the assigned station: Cashier/ Tandem (assist cashier)/ Sandwich/ Diningdishes.
- Upselling and Making Customers happy by providing quick efficient service
- Hardest part about job is when there is miscommunication between coworkers or customers which leads to frustrated customers :(
- Most enjoyable part: Meeting new people!
A Productive, Fun Environment with fun coworkers
Hostess (Former Employee), Sherwood Park, ABMay 20, 2015
Every day at work, there was always fun, nice, but work-oriented people and it made it very enjoyable. The customers were just as great and it was nice getting a chance to work in such a nice place.
Fun place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Richmond BC.May 19, 2015
Pros: friendly co-workers, great management
Cons: slow periods when there are no customers.
Awesome Management. Speedy service required, which makes the atmosphere challenging and exciting. The hardest part of the job were the down times when there were no customers, the most enjoyable part, morning drive thru rush.
Productive and fun workplace serving customers and meeting their needs
Team Member (Current Employee), Milton, ONMay 19, 2015
A typical day at work is very busy. I am usually placed in the drive-thru as I am a fast working employee as well as the fact that I am able to work all positions. The management is well handled and the necessary things are always taken care of. My co-workers are very friendly and enjoyable to work with. They are polite and willing to help anytime help is needed with the position duty. I find that the hardest part of the job is when occasionally we have short staff, being able to manage time and everything to get the drive-thru times down to 30 seconds or lower of an average for each car pass time. The most enjoyable part of this job is being able to work with such friendly and polite people as well as being able to serve the community and meet their needs from Tim Hortons. Being able to send the customers home with a smile on their face is the best feeling ever!
Always a happy and friendly place to be :)
Night Crew (Former Employee), Barrie, ONMay 19, 2015
Pros: Free hot chocoalte on breaks in winter :)
Cons: Late nights and early mornings
Everyday was great, no matter how you feel coming into work, your co-workers,guests,regulars and management could make you feel better somehow. I learned a lot of organization skills while working at Tims, how to multitask but share duties and work in a team. I would have to say being able to make someone smile was the most rewarding part of my job, and the only hard part would have been handling situations you're not used to but persevering for a overall fair and happy outcome.

1 2 3 4 5

About Tim Hortons

Tim Hortons Inc. is a Canadian fast casual restaurant known for its coffee and doughnuts. It is also Canada's largest fast food – Read more