Tim Hortons Employee Reviews in Canada

Found 5,185 reviews matching the search
Very disappointed in such a popular company
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONJuly 29, 2016
The beginning of this journey started fairly well but ended not the greatest.
I was very disappointed in the scheduling knowing certain circumstances and the management.
Other then that the co workers were great and very easy to work with.
Our customers were very friendly and understanding.
Pros
Free things
Cons
scheduling and management
a typical day at work
Production Team Member - Part Time (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONJuly 29, 2016
A typical day at work includes, constantly being busy whether it is accurately providing customers with their orders, cleaning the floors or machines and stocking up every station with the items required. To be able to properly serve our customers.
Multicultural and fun to work.
Store Front (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 29, 2016
Must be flexible in every week schedule. To be a team player is what I learned the most. The management takes care of the staff and co-workers were like a family to me. The hardest part of the job is when a co-worker called sick and the workloads increases. The most enjoyable part of the job is when customers compliments with a very awesome smile.
Pros
discounted meals
Cons
workloads increases when co-worker called sick
Fun environment
Cashier/Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 28, 2016
a typical day at work is challenging because Tim Hortons is a very busy place. the hardest part about this job is trying to keep the lines down. Management is good they are fair to the employees. I have learned a great set of skills for multitasking, team work, knowledge of products, promotions, work fast and safely.
Pros
Free coffee
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ONJuly 28, 2016
Fast production and well organized a typical day at work included preparing food and coffee while engaging with customers providing them with friendly, professional customer service. Keeping the work environment clean and organized. Worked with friendly people. Hardest part of working there was the different hours in shifts that kept changing but overall great environment to work in.
Pros
working around friendly people
Cons
Frequent shift and hour changes
Productive, fast pace, team oriented and fun job
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCJuly 28, 2016
i like seeing the same customer in the morning to give them their regular coffee. i learned to have a time management. i really like my co-workers they made my job easier with their good vibes. the hardest part of the job would be the very busy days. i enjoyed almost everything about working in tim horton's such as my co-workers and the management team were very kind, also meeting different kinds of people was very enjoyable.
Pros
50% off of lunches
Cons
few hours
Excellent team to work with
QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 28, 2016
The managers are always inviting new tasks. Never left alone or have baffled by the task given there is always somebody to help or guide. Lucky to have a Great team lead as well.
Tim Hortons
Drive Thru Attendant/Front End Cashier (Former Employee) –  Marystown, NLJuly 28, 2016
I found at this particular location there was always a rush on everything all of the time and you always felt like you weren't good enough. I learned that you can't really talk to anyone and that people get cranky fast in small environments. The management team was not very good for the most part, however, there were a couple supervisors that kept their heads on their shoulders. My co-workers were ok in the evenings and nights but daytime was not good. Hardest part of my job was being there. Most enjoyable part of my job was knowing I was doing it for my family.
Cons
lots
Fun, busy and multi tasking.
Food Counter Attendant/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 28, 2016
Tim Hortons is the first job I have in Canada. It's fun and inviting. You deal with diffrent kinds of people, assist them and sells a lot of food and drinks. You have to be fast and attention on details because its a Food and Service industry. The only thing I don't like here is they give me more responsibilities than the others.
Pros
Free drinks and with bonus.
Cons
Responsibility infareness.
the experience depends entirely on the management + staff
Superviseur de nuit (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJuly 27, 2016
 Diriger une équipe de cinq personnes et m’assurer que toutes les normes de sécurité, de propreté et de service à la clientèle correspondent aux attentes de Tim Horton.
 M’assurer que le ménage, la production et l’inventaire soient prêts pour le quart de travail du matin (le plus occupé) en plus de servir les clients.
Pros
receiving tips from our regular customers
Cons
In order to have a great experience you need a good team
Too Much work for little Pay
Drive-Thru/Store Front Team Member (Former Employee) –  Bowmanville, ONJuly 27, 2016
Loved the people I worked with but was constantly screamed at for things out of my control, and not paid enough for the effort I put into making things right.
Pros
Nice coworkers
Cons
Terrible pay
Friendly Environment.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 27, 2016
I love to work with my team members. And most importantly I like my manager the most. she is wonderful person. She helps me in a lot many different ways. Every great place to work.
Happy and Positive work environment
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Current Employee) –  Erin, ONJuly 26, 2016
The management is wonderful and very easy going about switching shifts and moving around schedules. My co workers are all wonderful and have become almost a second family to me. A typical day for me is taking orders and making drinks or food for customers, talking to them and being friendly, stocking up items. Ive learned a lot from working at Tim Hortons and about customer service and how to be friendly and up sell items, along with working as a team with others in a work environment.
Pros
Working with my co-workers
Cons
Too far away from Brock
fun, enclusive work environment
Midnight Cashier, Baker (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONJuly 26, 2016
great team work environment. managers always found new ways to motivate employees and help them enjoy their work.
i worked the continental midnight shift, i would work four nights from 10pm to 8am and then have four days off. this was a great way to get lot of hour while still having lots of time off for yourself. despite the 10 hour shifts there was always something to do, a cleaning task, stocking or preparing doughnuts and pastries when they ran low making a shift go by very quickly and enjoyably.
Pros
lots of hours in a short period of time
Cons
eventually the long shifts begin to take a toll on your body and sleep schedule
Steady job with good co-workers.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Port Hope, ONJuly 25, 2016
I have been working at Tim Hortons for 4 years and have just recently been promoted to a management position. The people that I work with have a mutual respect for me, and we run a very productive, fun shift. I have learned a tremendous amount about customer service during my time here that I will forever hold as a very important lesson. The most enjoyable part of my job is when I get to see the look on a customers face when they arrive at the counter to their order already completed because I have it memorized. It makes them feel special and appreciated.
Pros
Making new relationships with customers/co-workers.
Cons
Not the best salary.
productive and stressful workplace
Storefront Floor Staff/Baker/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCJuly 25, 2016
enjoyed my time working for them but too stressful to want to stay so long and poor management all over that needs ot change
Pros
discount
Cons
managment
stressful job
Food Counter Attendant (Current Employee) –  Warman, SKJuly 24, 2016
I like my everyday shift 5 am -1 pm because the day flies by in a flash.Always busy especially during breakfast hours 6 am - 12 pm. I learned a lot of things at Tims like how to deal everyday with different people/customer. I dont like how they manage people or treat people because they have favoritism. They are one sided in short. I dont have problems with my co- workers. We always work as a team. For me the hardest part of the job when they keep sending people home after you work hard all day. The most enjoyable part of the job for me is we have free meal.
Pros
free meal
Cons
short hours
Great workplace
Tim Hortons Team Member (Former Employee) –  Valleyview, ABJuly 24, 2016
I had fun working at the Tim Horton establishment, the people were great, the job was fun, working at Tim Hortons, i loved my job, i hope to work at another if possible,
Pros
Half off my lunch, the food was great, the staff, the customers
Cons
No cons
Fun workplace
Supervisor/Server (Former Employee) –  Swan River, MBJuly 23, 2016
Funwork place.You will meet different kind of people. Preparing drinks and sandwiches. Providing excellent customer service. Rotational shift.
Great Beginner Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCJuly 23, 2016
Overall Tim Horton's did teach me a lot about customer service relations as well as working in a fast paced environment and being able to multi-task.
Pros
good hours
Cons
minimum wage