Tim Hortons Employee Reviews

Found 6,340 reviews matching the search
The staff is great to work with. They are all friendly. You just have to tolerating to deal with the customers.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON24 February 2017
It is doable work. You need to be dedicated to make your managers happy about your work. The staff is amazing to work with, everyone is friendly.
Fast paced, team oriented work environment.
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK24 February 2017
Being open 24 hours per day, the schedule is divided into three 8.5 hour shifts. Each shift works as as team to provide excellent customer service to every guest. Having such a high volume of sales requires all team member to capitalize on every opportunity to replenish stock and maintain the cleanliness of the work space.

The most difficult part of the job is keeping energy levels high for the entire duration of a shift. The extremely fast pace is both mentally and physically taxing. But that's why all team members get free coffee and steeped tea during their shift!

The most enjoyable part of the job is building rapport with regular customers. It's always nice to put smiles on their faces by having their orders ready by the time they reach the service counter.
Pros
Rewards for meeting and exceeding speed of service standards.
Cons
Only one unpaid half hour break makes for long, tiring days.
fun workplace, awesome co workers, bad management
HSM Host (Former Employee) –  Trenton, ON24 February 2017
my over ll experience at Tim Hortons was great, i met many kind friendly new people, and learned a lot about the workplace life, and fast pace customer service work. i enjoyed my tasks and always had a smile
Pros
good coworkers, good work
Cons
management
First Job
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON23 February 2017
work in customer service and baking goods
learned leadership skills, management skills, closing registers and baking goods with quality standards
management was great
culture was easy going
hardest part of the job is low pay
most enjoyable part customers and staff and learning new work skills
Very flexible and fast paced
Storefront Employee (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 February 2017
Hours here were very flexible and I was allowed to work around a very busy schedule. How busy the store gets depends on time of day and location. Weekends and weekday mornings are very fast paced and require working with a team. Highly recommended as a starter job for teenagers.
Fun
Cashier/Food Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  New Waterford, NS23 February 2017
Great place to work,
not to difficult easy going, Relaxed atmosphere with a great staff, Good pays and tips, full time 8 hour shifts and similar customers every day
Pros
fun easy
Cons
not steady work times
Excellent Learning Space for Customer Service.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Carleton Place, ON23 February 2017
It was an awesome place to learn my skills in customer service and meeting client needs.

You are responsible of making your own coffee, fetching baked goods, and being polite to customers. As a supervisor you take care of the tills, staff, complaints, and sometimes work extended hours.
Pros
Half priced food items.
Cons
Only two fifteen minute breaks
Never work in a Fast Food Restaurant
Hostess/Food Prep/Trainee Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB23 February 2017
I hated this job. Sometimes you work with the most incompetent people. I would never recommend anyone work in the fast food industry. Customers can be extremely rude.
Pros
Some co workers were fun to work with
Cons
Everything else
cool, easy going
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 February 2017
very laid back, more time for your self at night. peaceful but morning rush will keep you on your toes., managers are good, staff are cool
Pros
fresh breakfast & coffee, friendly faces
Cons
short hours
Great workplace to develop customer service and team based skills
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  London, ON23 February 2017
I have worked at various Tim Horton's locations for almost 8 years now. It was my first part time job when I began High School, and has continued to help me grow and learn new skills as I've gone through college. Working at Tim's has given me the opportunity to grow and develop new skills as the years have gone on, such as team oriented fast paced environments, customer service skills, and more recently, slight management skills. Though the job can sometimes get stressful, especially during busy rushes or customer complaints, I still highly recommend working here for anyone looking for a great starting job.
Productive and fun working environment
Store Front (Former Employee) –  Estevan, SK23 February 2017
A typical day at work is taking orders from customer, taking money, getting them there drinks and food, cleaning and stocking your area. Hardest part is if busy trying to get everything done before the end of shift.
Pros
Customers
Cons
not very great benefits
I Like it
Counter Attendant (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS22 February 2017
It is really enjoy to working with a group of nice people!Learn a lot of experiences and improve more skills. You can learn the culture things and trying to learn all the customers services experiences and skills.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Long Hours
Fun work Environment
Drive through, Cashier and customer service (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON22 February 2017
Great people to work with, and always something new to learn. You get at least 20 hours a week and benefits after a year. Great starter job
Team member (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 February 2017
Working at Tim Hortons was a learning experience. I had to deal with customer requests on a daily basis, hence I learned to deal with many different types of customers.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Busy Hours
Good part time job with flexible hours
Store Front (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 February 2017
Good job for a student with flexible hours. Low pay rate. Pay is at minimum wage. Fun and good environment especially when working with friends. Able to meet a lot of new people.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Low pay
First Job ever
Storefront Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON22 February 2017
It was my first time I ever applied to about 10 years ago. I remember being scared and nervous, but I was called shortly called after talking to the manager. I grew and expanded as a worker. I gained my skills and good work ethic from Tim Horton's. It helped me burst of my shy bubble and become more talkative around others.
Pros
fast and efficient environment
Cons
Smelling like coffee and sweat
Tim Hortons
Customer Service Attendant (Current Employee) –  Bracebridge, ON22 February 2017
Working in a fast pace restaurant is fun at times .Friendly staff with a smile on no matter what . Great place to work and great benefits.
Pros
friendly staff
Fun Experience for Beginners
Team Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 February 2017
In our branch there is a poor communication from the manager and the team members. Team members are not given a chance to voice out their opinions. And in our branch, the manager does not know how to communicate with team members properly.
Pros
Lunch Incentives
Cons
Long Hours, Poor Manager and Employee Relationship in our Branch
Patience is important.
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Airdrie, AB21 February 2017
-50% of meals when you're working
-a place where you can find good acquaintances or even friends
-not suitable for people with low patience
-working in here, you always run out of everything such as ingredients, certain bagels, and baked goods
-no idle time
-time passes by quickly when you work morning shifts
-gives you the hours you need if you ask
General Review
Team Member (Former Employee) –  St. Thomas, ON21 February 2017
Overall, my experience was good. There were times where certain employees or customers were horrible but that is customer service. But most of the time, I liked working for them. I was guaranteed hours and I generally got the days off I wanted.
Pros
great regulars, good coworkers. worked around my schedule for school
Cons
didn't order product properly, we were always out of something.