Tim Hortons

Tim Hortons Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Wonderful
Store Front (Current Employee), Regina, SKAugust 31, 2015
Excellent job opportunity to have a Canadian job experience for new comers. Busy fast paced environment. Very helpful foreigners to immigrate.
Helpful co-workers, but an entry-level at it's finest.
Customer service and order taking (Former Employee), Penetanguishene, ONAugust 31, 2015
Pros: Lunch coupons, flexible hours, decent pay and benefits (for students), excellent management team and employees, modest environment, calm breaks, free coffee and 1/2 off discounts.
Cons: Long hours, disgruntled customers (sometimes, also sometimes very rude customers), physically demanding (on your feet a lot), salary for long-term employees can be very low (minimum wage, for those with children to feed and mortgages to pay).
Working at Tim Horton's was a very extraordinary experience, don't get me wrong. Although, like every job now and again, it has its downs.

The ups are simple; hard-working and helpful employees, modest and caring management, vast amounts of experience to be had, and an overall almost free-like environment (besides not being able to go home and read a book instead, although there is plenty of time – more... during breaks and before and after shifts, so that makes up for it).

The downs, however, are a little more complex.
Complex in the sense of a worker's needs, that is. The salary is minimal, barely the cost of living for some. Defining itself as an entry level job for most (students, young-adults, etc.) it is actually a very good salary. However, for others it is a permanent career, and this (as I've seen) has proved to be a very demanding life-sentence.

Life-sentence may be a very crude term, and I mean the company no disrespect. Mainly because, although those people are stuck there, at least they are somewhere.

This world has become so determined on humans being extraordinary at everything, and having the education to back it up. Tim Horton's cares enough about their employees that they do not discriminate due to education, race, gender, or any other quality, which is something to love about them.

But back to the salary(and benefits). Whether you are a student looking for a summertime job or out of school and looking for a place to help pay rent, Tim Horton's is the place for you. Minimum wage is the usual salary, with exceptions to long-term employees (who could be making anywhere from a quarter more and up) and supervisors and management (who get paid a small percentage more than Storefront and Bakers). The benefits, although I am unclear on point-by-point which benefits are available (things can change), I am sure that YOU decide which benefits suit your needs/the needs of your family.

All in all, take the job. If Tim Horton's calls you, think of the perks; it's money in your pocket, flexible hours, a loving and helpful environment (sometimes full of laughter), and the benefits are actually very decent (not to mention the free lunch coupons we would receive due to good Drive-Thru times and the 1/2 off discounts before, during and after work). The only thing to keep in mind after all of that, is the customers. Always smile, and always make sure your guest is happy and wants to come back again. Otherwise, well...

...let's just say some choice words have been used before. Mainly on their part (in my case), but sometimes (as I've witnessed), even on the employee's part. – less
fun place
Cleaning Storefront, Janitorial, Customer Service (Former Employee), airdrie north tim hortonsAugust 31, 2015
Pros: free doughnuts
Cons: mangement no teamwork
some of my co workers didn't understand that theres no i in team and no one offered a hand when i needed a hand it was busy there
Fun enviorment
Cleaner, Cashier,Baker (Former Employee), EverywhereAugust 31, 2015
Pros: Fun enviroment
Cons: No free lunches anymore, Management isn't the friendliest anymore.
The co-workers are fantastic but the management isn't exactly the best as it could be, be warned about the grouchiness.
supervisor (Former Employee), murphy sqAugust 31, 2015
was a great place to work, great staff. no advancement.
i was a people person, and done well with the environment.
Loved dealing with customers, and helping others.
i went from a store front worker, to being able to do all the major jobs.. counting the cash, getting the cash tills ready, prepping dinner hour meals, and dealing with the staff.l
Awesome co-workers
Cashier (Former Employee), Calgary, AlbertaAugust 31, 2015
Pros: Great Atmosphere
Cons: Long shift
I loved working at Tim Horton's it was a great experience and learned a lot within the time I was working with Tim Horton.Co-workers were the best they taught me a lot about life and decisions i have to make to make myself a better person. I also loved the energy I always wanted to be at work.
Busy, Fast Past enviroment
Front counter customer service (Current Employee), Owen Sound OnAugust 30, 2015
Pros: Great hours of work
Cons: on my feet all day
This location is a busy spot, which I do enjoy. I love the customers and for the most part, love my job.
Although I do love this, it is not what I want as my career. I love dealing with the public and the variety it offers, but I would like to go somewhere that uses all my skills. Leadership, accounting, organizing, these are my strong suits and I cannot use these skills here. I only get to use my other skills which are excellent customer service and efficiency. I don't want to lose the skills I have prefected. Time for a change.
Productive work
Cashier (Former Employee), Montréal, QCAugust 30, 2015
Pros: Productive
Cons: No benefits
From this job I learned to work and keep my good attitude during the whole day, no matter the type of customer I serve. It was not my greatest job, however I did get many hours from it. I disliked that we had no benefits and that its other competitive rally offers insurance and benefits to their employees.
Fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONAugust 29, 2015
Enjoy working with the public, customers make you laugh, there are training programs provided and you work as a team. There are reasonable works hours and breaks.
Great work staff
Cashier (Current Employee), Montréal, QCAugust 28, 2015
were like a big family, great job to have if its your first for customer service or working with food. May get stressful at times, but what job doesnt
Productive Workplace with good employee relationships
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Guelph, ONAugust 27, 2015
Well managed environment with decent salary and employee benefits. Although work was not particularly interesting, workplace managed to stay enthusiastic through employee relationships and good customer service.
Fast passed and Busy
Store Front Clerk (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONAugust 27, 2015
Cons: long hours and only one 30 min break for 6-8 hour shifts.
Every morning from 6am-10am on weekdays our drive through would be timed. we were expected to be below 22 second average for every hour. As being a a strong team member on our sandwich board this meant you were doing sandwiches for both drive through and counter. This job can be very stressful without a lot of gratification or appreciation.
Hard as well as enjoyable job
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Toronto downtownAugust 26, 2015
Pros: free lunch and employee discounts
Cons: less hours
I learned many things like time management and culture management from that job. All the employees were from different nations. Morning time was the hardest part of the job because you have to give fast and accurate service to the customer in less time. Sometimes, we celebrated some special days that was most enjoyable part of the job.
Fun and fast paced
Management level supervisor (Former Employee), RenfrewAugust 26, 2015
staff is everything, you will make tons of friends behind and in front of the counter. fast paced and will make the day fly by.
Very enjoyable but not well paid.
Front End Cashier (Former Employee), Clarenville, NLAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Great lunch options.
Cons: Low salary.
I really enjoyed my work here. I learned to work hard, be accurate and really pay attention when dealing with the public. They worked well with my schedule and Management really appreciated my work ethic.
staff makes sure to always evaluate our new product knowledge ... which increases our expertice in helping our customers
SERVER, CASHIER (Current Employee), brooks.albertaAugust 25, 2015
Pros: having different duties everyday and interacting with customers
Cons: none
i learned organizing a business .each person has a daily job requirement and they keep it fun by switching it up.. also being tested in our new product knowledge
Fun
front counter (Former Employee), Nanaimo, BCAugust 25, 2015
Pros: Friendly work place
Cons: night shifts
I had a good experience in Tim Horton in Nanaimo B.C. The co-workers were helpful. The manager were professional and helpful too.
sales in food produce
Trainer/Customer Service (Former Employee), maple ridge bcAugust 25, 2015
was a great experience have me trained in work in a busy place also have skills for other opportunities . have me work in team work also be more great at customers
Fast pace
Crew Member (Current Employee), Ajax, ONAugust 24, 2015
Pros: 40% off food
Cons: Always on your feet, taking orders.
Managers are intimidating at first. I've noticed everyone here is a bit older than usual. Most retired people work at my location, a few young people.
Fast paced
Commis/Caissier (Former Employee), Montreal,qcAugust 24, 2015
Pros: fun team
Cons: the uniform is ugly
long hour of work doing a lot of coffee and serving donut witrh although a fun and young team, and you can learn how to stress manage ment yourself