Tim Hortons Employee Reviews

Found 7,976 reviews matching the search
Supervising
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cap-Pelé, NB22 August 2017
Very fast paced and hard on the head. Habe to be someone who is able.to handle alot of stress cause the days are long and the customers are sometimes hard to handle
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Stressful
Awesome place
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Quispamsis, NB22 August 2017
Great place to work and very flexible with scheduling. Great people to work with. Great pay with tips. Great management and open door policy is amazing.
Rough but doable
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON22 August 2017
Whether you're night shift or day shift, the customer service aspect of business is rough. Customers expect to get a level of service that matches their needs, which is understandable. Although we try to serve customers as fast and efficiently as possible, there are problems that can occur when preparing a customers order. If the time it takes for us to make the customers order exceeds management and customer desired time, you will be punished by rude customers and disciplinary action from management. Day shift is crowded and night shift is understaffed. All in all, the work itself isn't too demanding. The key to every Tim Horton's is speed, but because of that, it takes away from the quality of not only the food, but the customer communication aspect of it.
Pros
Free food on shift, flexible work hours, not too demanding
Cons
Rude customers, stressed staff, overly focused on speed
Horrible
Host and Server (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 August 2017
When hired I was supposed to be a host. And I was supposed to be trained. Nobody would help me my "trainer" said she didn't want to train me and humiliated me in front of guests and i almost had a break down because of the complete anxiety this gave me
Pros
Cons
Poor managment and trainers
Productive workplace
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB21 August 2017
Productive workplace, always guaranteed shifts. Evenings, days, overnights and everything inbetween,. Manager and Assistant Manager were absolutely amazing,
Great first job!
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Okotoks, AB21 August 2017
Applied thinking it would just be temporary but loved the people I worked with, and made so many friends. Ended up working at timmies about 3 years :)
Pros
Free donuts/coffee
Cons
Scheduling sometimes didnt adhere to availability
good place
store front cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 August 2017
i learned a lot, working with different kind of people makes my stay at tim hortons worth remembering, being patient and having positive attitude makes the work enjoyable.
Classic Fastfood
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON21 August 2017
Fun culture of teamwork and responsibility. Shifts can drag on but also ramp up at certain times. Managers are usually understanding and helpful with problems.
Supervisor / Assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 August 2017
Managing this Tim Hortons was kind of hard but worth it, the staff were amazing, and I always liked hiring good staff members and seeing them grown as a team.
Good environment
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON21 August 2017
Pros
I love working at Tim Horton's, and have been going back time and time again. I love interacting with the guests, challenging myself every day to improve the speed of service during busy periods, etc. It's a job I truly love.
Cons
Some customers can be really rude, and not all management in every store can be motivating or know what it takes to work as management. Also, some employers don't even give you a discount on food. My advice would be to shop around, all Tim Horton's are run differently. Find the one that works best …
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Fun place to work as your first job
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON21 August 2017
Very fast paced environment but enjoyable because you really learn great customer service skills to bring with you in your life. It's a great place to get your first job because you do really learn a lot and the workers are usually very friendly and helpful.
Most enjoyable part of the job
Counter Staff (Current Employee) –  Brockville, ON20 August 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job is when it ends the people are not that nice the job is hard to balance everything rude costimers unenjoyable to work with staff negetivity
Pros
Good pay good hours
Cons
Long hours at not good pay rate, negativity around staff
Productive and good work ambience
store front (Former Employee) –  Barrie,canada20 August 2017
It is very busy but its still fun to work in such a fast paced environment . Good and understanding staff who always helps you whenever you need them.
Pros
30%discounts on food
Cons
handling angry customers
not challenging
Baker (Current Employee) –  Lasalle, QC20 August 2017
I want that kind of work which can motivate me to push myself away from my confort zone. I want face challenges and want to grow my knowledge and polish my skills.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
less pay
gained experience
Store Front (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 August 2017
Working there was really fun, learned how to work in a team, and the work was not boring at all. I enjoyed a lot there because co workers were very nice and management was supportive.
Pros
free snacks
Cons
sometimes its very tiring as one has to work very fast
Stressful workplace with mediocre management
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB20 August 2017
The management rarely took interest in employee's concerns or well-being. Reviews for company advancement occurred once in a three year working span (supposed to happen every six months for reference). Stressful environment and little regard for personal life problems that arise (ex. Wisdom tooth surgery does not constitute for days off of work to recover).
best to start for journey in workplace
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC20 August 2017
enjoy doing every work there. handling every GFS report and keep an eye on inventory of the store. GREAT TEAM TO WORK WITH.
you got enjoy there every new donuts and other product.
Fun workplace with free meals
Tout autour, Formateur (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC20 August 2017
A very busy work place with a decent management. I enjoyed working here because of my coworkers and regulars who comes in everyday. The only part that most of the people who works there is the long and inconsistent shifts every week.
Pros
Friendly coworkers
Cons
Very long shifts
nice and friendly team to work with.
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC19 August 2017
working in Timms is really a good learning experience.Well managed and well equipped but one has to do lots of work and wages are comparatively low. Rush hours are difficult to manage in particuler as one have to be quick too.
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
meger wages
Fast paced, fun work environment
Tim Hortons Team Member (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 August 2017
I have been working at Tim Hortons for a year.

It has been a very interesting experience. Being my first job, I learned how to keep up with long lines, manage drive thru times, being on a tight schedule and dealing with the constant need to be moving, cleaning and not standing around. There is always something to be done.

I have made new friendships, learned the necessities I need to do well in any other job and how to handle a fast paced work environment.
Pros
fun, flexible environment, always feeling welcome
Cons
short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tim Hortons. Our community is ready to answer.