Tim Hortons

Tim Hortons Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
fun workplace
Food Counter Attendant (Former Employee), Dawson Creek, BCFebruary 7, 2016
Pros: there are some free foods and drinks
Cons: no rotation in schedule
It was same work every night- but the good thing in night shift was, i was trained to all position in - baking, drive-thru, soup and sand and front line. The management was okay, but the only thing that i didn't like was the schedule. I was retained in night duty for almost the whole contract. My co-workers were very helpful as well as my managers. They are very approachable and there were camaraderie. It was amazing to work with different people and culture. They were so understanding and considerate. It was not hard to adapt their culture because they are very open to us.
A productive and enjoyable experience.
Supervisor (Current Employee), Rouse Valley Health System, OntarioFebruary 7, 2016
My work place is an enjoyable environment. I am a very social person and my current work place gives me opportunity to meet and interact with a vast array of people of different cultural backgrounds. My management team is great and our goal is fast service and to make our guests happy. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing the happy faces of my guests and the hardest part is when I can't make them happy.
Fun workplace
Baker (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 7, 2016
They have an awesome store owner and manager in which it makes bonds to the workers even the connection to the costumer by giving them a big smile.
Fast-paced and demanding
Storefront Cashier (Former Employee), TorontoFebruary 6, 2016
Pros: Lots of donuts and free snacks
Cons: stressful
Not good for students, I had to work 4 days while being a full-time student and it took two months to be able to get 3 days a week

They always expected you to be fast while being perfect at every order, but you get yelled at for wasting time promoting something you got yelled at for not promoting before

Very hypocritical

Coworkers were supportive
Fast paced and customer service focused
Counter Staff (Former Employee), Orillia, ONFebruary 5, 2016
Pros: customer service, good hours
Cons: long shifts with only two 15 minute breaks
While I knew I didn't want to work in the food industry forever, I generally liked working here. My schedule was worked around my schooling which was awesome. At both locations that I worked at, my colleagues were great and I liked being able to work in a team but also on my own sometimes too. I loved working in a fast paced environment, and getting to serve many customers each shift. I learned a lot about customer service at this job, this gave me lots of opportunity to expand my customer service skills.
Fast Pace Workplace With A Permanent Coffee Smell
Team Member (Current Employee), OrlliaFebruary 5, 2016
Pros: Employee Discount
Cons: Only one or Two Uniform(s) per Person
If you like a fast pace workday that smells like coffee, this is the perfect job. A typical work day involves making over a hundred cups of coffee and various drinks, food preparation, cleaning, and serving the general public. If you need to learn how to talk to people of all walks of life while still being professional, this job will help. If you already have that skill, you can further it with the practice. The management try to do all they can for their workers, going out of their way to schedule your shifts to suit your needs and try to make the workplace an enjoyable place to be as possible. The management are the leaders of your team, the other workers-your teammates. They go out of their way to make sure you succeed in whatever you are doing and provide a friendly atmosphere. Easily, the most enjoyable part of the work day is interacting with your fellow team members (i.e. a group of 3 or 4 trying to complete an order through drive-thru before a certain amount of time has passed) or outgoing customers. The hardest, funnily enough, is the same thing. Working with the same people day in day out in a fast pace work place can create tension amoung both the customers and team members when tension is running high.
Food Counter Attendant/Cashier (Former Employee), Camrose, ABFebruary 5, 2016
Pros: The teamwork
Cons: Long hours and early mornings
A typical day would consist of preparing and serving food and beverages, interacting with customers and operating tills. I have learned new ways to prepare food and different beverages. I gained some supervisor skills, and how be more productive and efficient in doing certain things. Management had its strong and weak moments. Overall I would say the management was good. I didn't really feel any part of the job to be too hard, besides maybe when everyone wanted to work in the same position. The most enjoyable part of the job is building a connection with regular customers, and that no two days were the same, each day provided new things and new experiences.
Ok
Night Supervisor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 5, 2016
A typical day would include preparing meals and coffee in an efficient manner to get through a large amount of customers in a fast time. Co-workers made it enjoyable.
Busy, exciting place to work with mostly good people
Cashier/Storefront (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONFebruary 4, 2016
Pros: Eating all I want
Cons: Rude staff are bad to work with
The store was very busy when I worked day shift. Lots of customers, constant running around. Good place because you were generally with some good people who were fun to work with.
Midnights
Front End Cashier (Former Employee), Woodstock, ONFebruary 4, 2016
Cons: not enough hours, extremely rude, kept after shift end
I worked midnight's every Friday and Saturday. 11 pm to 6 am. It was long and tiring hours, but they were the only hours i received. I enjoyed working the the fellow midnight worker as she was fun and easy to get along with. After my shift ended i was kept 20 min usually after to finish up tasks that were not completed by previous shifts before me. Was not treated fairly because of working midnight's.
hsjsbdjdb
Team Member (Current Employee), Barrie, ONFebruary 4, 2016
Tim hortons is very hard to work at. the customers are rude. the co workers are nice though. sort of fast paced and busy job.
productive
Customer Service (Former Employee), Kelowna, BCFebruary 3, 2016
Pros: Free lunches
Cons: Long hours, rude coworkers, underpaid
Although, Tim hortons was a nice place to work, sometimes it got to be to much. Co-workers are rude, managers are rude. Wage was alright though. Decent work when you could keep yourself busy.
A whole new challenge
Shift Manager (Current Employee), Thunder Bay, ONFebruary 3, 2016
This comes from 3 years with experience with the company. You have your 2 sides. The lifers (people who have been there forever and will continue to for a long time), and there are the rest. Through 2 separate franchises, the ones who make it the most stressful are the lifers. The drama they need to spice up their lives make it impossible to just show up to work and never get involved with at least one of their spats. At one point, or another, you will need to deal with bad rumors and complaints because they found something they thought was wrong (which in a lot of cases aren't even about policy), which just creates a bad day for everyone involved.
stressful
BAKER (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 3, 2016
I did not like working at this company. The management do not care for most of the employee. My co-workers were not helpful and unite. They look out for whom they wish to look out for.
Easy, fun workplace with great team environment and good pay/hours
Store Front (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 2, 2016
Pros: Free food (to an extent), Discounts on merchandise and food/drink items, good student or part time job
For a starter job Tim Horton's would be my recommendation, with flexible hours and good pay for a student or someone that is looking for general part time work. With a range of jobs inside of the restaurants from drive thru attendant to baker there's lots of variety in this workplace
Fun busy place to work
Supervisor (Current Employee), Brooklin, ONFebruary 2, 2016
Pros: Good team
Cons: breaks
Personally i love to be constantly moving around and that is why I love my job. The management at the larger store that i worked for were wonderful and committed. I loved the customers, especially the regular ones and making sure they leave with a smile on their face! :)
Fast food industry
Counter Staff (Former Employee), Napanee, ONFebruary 2, 2016
Learn cashier skills, and customer service skills. Gained experience with serving the public. Worked with an experienced team in the food industry.
Busy
Volunteer Work (Former Employee), Kelowna, BCFebruary 1, 2016
It was an enjoyable day, I learned how to work an automated register. Management was kind, the co-workers were very kind and helpful. I found nothing to be too difficult about the job.
Great for a first time job.
Store Front (Current Employee), Welland, ONFebruary 1, 2016
Pros: Breaks are more than enough time to relax. Very accommodating for requested days off.
Cons: The mangment can but back hours to almost nothing for little to no reason.
Tim Horton's was my first job. It's a great job to gain work experience from and to meet new people, usually everyone I worked with was very nice and it made the job fun. Day's where it is really busy everyone continues to work together flawlessly. Tim Horton's is a stressful job but it really helps you work on team work, time management and reliability.
tim hortons
Store Front (Current Employee), Bobcaygeon, ONFebruary 1, 2016
its a good job for someone who is going through school, or just looking for a temporary job. The boss and managers are great, and a great team of people to work with. Its never a dull moment there!
Headquarters