Tim Hortons Employee Reviews

Found 5,822 reviews matching the search
It was a good place to work at for a short time.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON7 December 2016
On a daily basis while working an Tim Hortons I would ensure the dining area is clean, clean the washrooms, along with serve the customers, do the daily chores that needed to be done all before the next shift came in. I learned alot, I learned how to talk to people better, i learned customer service skills, along with working the register. The hardest part of the job for me was not being able to speak up on things that I wanted to, being I was only a team member, I had so much ideas, or improvements for people/ the store but I just felt like I would be ignored. That ties me into the co worker and management. At my store the management was very poor. I felt they didn't care, and my co workers were just lazy. My favorite part of the job though, was the expiernce, and that I met such amazing people.
Pros
great customers, discount on items, made me more confident
Cons
bad management, not enough rules
It was great.
Tim Hortons Team Member (Former Employee) –  St. Paul, AB7 December 2016
I really enjoyed this job a lot because it was fast-pace exciting and fun. Was great work and over-all everything was great.
fun work place, not enough hours
Server/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 December 2016
It was a job I enjoyed but they didn't give me enough hours so I quit bur if they were to give me enough hours I would have stayed
Typical day at work
Efficient, friendly customer service (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 December 2016
Usually a typical day at work would me a morning shift that is 8 hours long. There specific objectives that were to be met, such as meet drive thru times (which were to under 30 sec on average every hour). As a team, we were able to get the task done and meet the objectives.
Working at Tim Hortons
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON7 December 2016
Personally I found that my job itself was not too bad. But the other staff were causing a lot of stress and tension which made me not feel like working there some days.
Pros
gain good speed when working
Cons
too much gossip and problems between staff
fast pace workplace lots of hours
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Fergus, ON7 December 2016
not the job I need for my family. various poisons lots of chance for new training. lots of hours available. team setting. min wage unless midnights
productive and fun workplace
Safety Representative (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON7 December 2016
Tim Hortons is a fast-paced workplace but can be fun! especially when you have regular returning customers you know you're providing great customer service as well as fresh made right coffee and products!
Pros
free lunches!
Cons
standing on feet all shift.
Fast and hard work
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON7 December 2016
Working at Tim Horton, did not give a chance to me to use all my abilities and also was did not provide me to learn and use my abilities which wold help me in benefiting my future career.
I think it was pretty fun
Cashier/Front of House (Former Employee) –  Sioux Lookout, ON6 December 2016
I learned how to make coffee and other drinks the managers were pretty cool they took us curling and made sure we had a way home from work everyday. Most of us were students so they were very accommodating of our schedules.
Bad
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON6 December 2016
Management doesn't follow availability. Not caring and does not treat customers properly. Learned customer service skills and was well liked by customers. Loved coworkers and got along well with them yet they thought same of management.
fun workplace and training grounds for young people as well as for adults
Baker/Team Member (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 December 2016
best institution for people who needs boosting of confidence along with other team members and the management itself.
Tim Hortons recommendation summery
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Delhi, ON5 December 2016
This job is perfect if you are looking to start somewhere, preferably reccomeneded to students but it's an easy job and it's all team work. It's exactly what you expect from being rushed around woth a lot of other people and being on EVERYTIME with food beverages and even break. Easy for first time food handlers and it keeps you up to date with your everyday sanatation needs.
Pros
Free donuts free coffee free tomboys and staff discounts
Cons
It's all expected so you can't really have cons
Fast pace environment great for a first-time job for students
Caissière (Current Employee) –  Lassalle, QC5 December 2016
Honestly the only thing that kept me there were the tips, on a bad day I'd make 5 to 10 dollars whilst on a good day 15 to 25 dollars. But with the stress put on the employees to maintain a fast pace, & horrible customers its not a job for sensitive people. Also, it can be very dangerous, so if you're someone that doesn't wanna end up with burns & bruises or possibly injuring yourself off a wet floor just to serve a bagel with creme cheese under 60 seconds its not for you.
Pros
Tips (allowed in certain locations)
Cons
long hours, too demanding for low salary.
un organized
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC5 December 2016
started working here as a part time employees to balance out my other part time job.. the place is lacking in organizatione
tim hortons
Customer service in drive thru and walk-in (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON5 December 2016
At tim hortons i worked cashier, i worked with food and worked in drive thru. I cleaned around the store and would talk with customers. if something was wrong i would help them out.
Pros
busy job
Cons
not enough hours
FUN place to work
Afternoon Shift Suervisor (Current Employee) –  LONDON ONT5 December 2016
Tim Hortons is a great place to be employed. I love my job, and look forward to going to work. My team members get along, and make the shift go smooth
Fast paced environment
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, ON5 December 2016
I was blessed to work with a great group of ladies, and gents, during my time employed there. We were striven to outperform our sister location in west end of town when it was time for a show down on speed and accuracy of our service.Great memories.
benefits
Cons
management
productive with awesome working experience
Store Front/Server (Former Employee) –  Mission, BC5 December 2016
typical day at work , starting off with the usual morning rush then it dies down for about an hour or so then are lunch rush comes in, it stays pretty busy till about 3 pm or so then it slows down .
Fun workplace and great job for many opportunities
Cashier, Team member (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 December 2016
I worked for 2 years at Tim Hortons and it gives me a lot of opportunities to be a good leader and to promote many qualities of mine that i shared to all of my co workers. They gave a warm welcome to me and they are really friendly, The management is very understanding and you can communicate with them so well. I loved working here because it was fun and it really gives you so much hand s on to be able to prove yourself what you can do for the improvements of the establishment.
great people horrible bosses
Baker (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON4 December 2016
co workers are awesome bosses think nightshift can do a million things i undersatnd going the extra mile but an extra 10 every step is alittle much from one shift.
Pros
great people
Cons
over worked