Tim Hortons
3,734 reviews

Tim Hortons Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fast paced and busy environment with very enjoyable physical tasks
RESTAURANT TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee), Grand Falls-Windsor, NLJuly 7, 2015
Pros: Fulfilling interaction with the public, free allotted meals during breaks, most days having a great team helped, plus I found the physical job itself enjoyable
Cons: Short breaks (too far inbetween), misunderstanding of personal issues, discouragement from applying for benefits, and discouragement from moving on to other work
Tim Hortons was actually a fantastic place to work based solely on the physical labor itself; there was always something to keep you busy and make the day go faster. The hardest part would be understanding of personal situations; I developed a type of seizure from my anti-depressant a few months back and my boss at the time wasn't the most understanding. They've since dissipated since I stopped the medication but regardless understanding of such issues was difficult in my workplace.
All in all,it was a pleasant experience despite; I learned patience with customers is key and time management is a vital factor in completing your work efficiently and on time. Also, I gained the understanding that a positive attitude with a friendly smile can make someone's day, and bring ease to yours.
My tasks included everything from Sandwich Station, preparing an extensive menu of items to two storefront cashes and one drive thru lane, to filling coffee cups for drive thru's fast paced environment.
Reached the goal of the day.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABJuly 6, 2015
Morning is the busy hours especially during winter, I learned to communicate different attitude of person, we do teamwork to achieve our goal, the most enjoyable part is when we achieve our goal because we have free foods from our superiors.
Fun place to work
Retail/ Cashier (Former Employee), London, OntarioJuly 6, 2015
A typical day at work consisted of stocking product and serving customers. Managers, supervisors and team leaders were all enjoyable people to work with.
Fun Place to Work
Store Front (Current Employee), Oshawa, ONJuly 6, 2015
Team at work is great management is willing to work around personal needs and be flexible with schedule and availability hours
fun energetic and fast paced
Hostess/Server (Former Employee), New Glasgow, NSJuly 6, 2015
Pros: fun fast paced energetic place
Cons: inconsistant management rules
the customers are fantastic, staff is awesome!
Management needs to be much more organized and consistant! what they say and what they do are generally two different things!
fast pace environment
Restaurant Team Member (Former Employee), ottawaJuly 6, 2015
Cons: Long hours
serve customers all day
clean all over
cook occasionally
rush to get drive through
trash duty
bathroom duty
short breaks
5 hour shifts
Tim Hortons
Dishwasher (Former Employee), Windsor, ONJuly 5, 2015
I really did like working at Tim Hortons even though all i did was the dishasher but I did make a lot of new friends and I like talking to people not knowing their life.
friendly placed environment
Evening Shift Team Lead (Current Employee), 2002 queen street eastJuly 5, 2015
i like to work and provide great customer service.
its a friendly environment.
great people around.
learning to improve my skills in all aspects.
excellent communication and team building skills
cashier (Former Employee), calgary, ABJuly 4, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: no breaks
There was excellent communication and team building skills. I learned a lot about how to address others and bring a positive environment towards the team and customers.
not compensated well
Food Counter Attendant (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 4, 2015
Pros: Free snacks (small coffee, 1 donut/3 timbits/1 muffin)
Cons: not compensated well
i enjoy the company of my co-workers but i am not compensated well. the management is not that concern with the complaints of the customers
Enjoyable to serve the public.
Cashier/Counter Clerk (Former Employee), Windsor OntarioJuly 3, 2015
Pros: Free coffee while at work; discount on lunch.
Cons: Working with a very young aged group that didn't want to work.
I began work Monday-Friday at 5:30am until 1:30pm. Working the cash register, taking customers orders, and filling their orders.

I enjoyed greeting the public, and providing good customer service quickly and efficiently, with a polite and cheerful attitude.

My co-workers and I worked together as a team, except for the younger kids who stayed in the back doing their own thing instead of working. That was the hardest part of the job. I was working very hard and they were not even at the counter, yet wanted to share my tips. I didn't appreciate that.

The most enjoyable part of my job, was working with the public. I made quite a few regular customers that would deliberately wait until my till was available for me to serve them, and let others go ahead to other tills. That gave me pride in my work, knowing that I was keeping the customers satisfied and that they chose me in particular to wait on them.
Not the best place to work
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONJuly 2, 2015
Pros: Free Donuts
Cons: Long Hours for not enough pay
A typical day work was usually not bad if people were working who knew what they were doing. There were alot of lazy people hired. Management was also not that great and did not express any concern or aid in fxing problems when workers were having problems.
Productive, fast paced, just poor attitudes at this particular store
Front Counter Staff (Current Employee), London, ONJuly 2, 2015
Job security is great. Co-workers have poor attitudes on a daily basis. Management can be friendly as long as you cater to them. Very fast paced though. Competitive with drive thru times. I've learned team work and being efficient in speed. I do enjoy the interaction with customers. Hardest part is learning to deal with certain situations i.e co-workers attacking verbally to other co-workers.
GOOD WORK ENVIRONMENT
Customer Service and Food Production (Current Employee), MAPLE RIDGEJuly 2, 2015
Tim Hortons is a good beginner job where we can learn to communicate, work under pressure, work as a team player. I think the most important about tim hortons is that everyone gets along and everyone is happy where they at and work because of very good flexible schedules and easily get a cover for a shift
TIM HORTONS REPRESENTATIVE
Food service attendant and worked as supervisor (Current Employee), calgary, albertaJuly 1, 2015
Cons: long hours, short money
This job has made a lot of problems in my past time career. It has been a very brutal job do my experience with other peers. It is very difficult to work in the position I currently work in and get paid very little.
It a fast and good customer service
Cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 1, 2015
In Tim Hortons, I learned about remarkable customer service

supportive and helpful management in my work place

All my co-workers are very friendly and very helpful.

The hardest part of the job is customers because when we serve the product to customer we need do very carefully.

The most enjoyable part of the job is work with my friends and do all work very fast.
Team work based environment
Counter Staff (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONJuly 1, 2015
Pros: You get take homes, team-oriented, Great full-timer benefits
Cons: Minimum wage, Limited hours, Part-timers neglected
One thing I really enjoyed was that everyone helps everyone out. We are a team and if someone is falling behind we are encouraged to job in and help to satisfy the customer.

Management was quite accommodating for me religious need to dress in a long skirt instead of pants. The head office on the other hand made things difficult and kept extending the time to expect the new uniform.

They take care of their full-time employees but us part-timers aren't as well looked after. Scheduling shifts for part-times is very limited and you are expected to be ok with it.
Motivating and challenging environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), ScarboroughJuly 1, 2015
Talked to people in regular basis
Severed customers
Worked in a fast manner
Learnt to operate under stress
Cleaned at end of the shift
Great workplace and great teamwork
Team Member (Current Employee), Yonge StreetJune 30, 2015
I work part-time in Tim Hortons. On Monday, Wednesday and Friday I work from 7:00 till noon. I've learned lots about team work and great communication skills in Tim Hortons. The company culture and hospitality tradition is worth learning and very useful for every jobs.
working at tim hortons
supervisor (Former Employee), Whitby, ONJune 30, 2015
A typical day would be meeting your favourite co-worker /managers and customers greeting and meeting with a smile . I have learn to work as a team , be a leader and a good role model. all my co-workers were wonderful met lot of new friends with diverse background which I found very interesting to learn about other people language ,cultures, background etc. The hardest part of the job was working in a fast pace environment but then after working for a while I gain many experience and I loved it. the most enjoyable part is making the customers happy cause when they leave happy with a smile on their face u feel like u accomplish something that's about it

1 2 3 4 5

About Tim Hortons

Tim Hortons Inc. is a Canadian fast casual restaurant known for its coffee and doughnuts. It is also Canada's largest fast food – Read more