Tim Hortons Employee Reviews

Found 6,585 reviews matching the search
Working alone
Baker/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  London, ON27 March 2017
Love to work alone and stay busy. Tim Hortons is a very busy place and in constant need of product. Staff was friendly and the owner was very friendly and curtious
It was one of the best area to work
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, ON27 March 2017
my day at Tim Horton's was a busy day, but i have learned management skills, working under pressure, customer satisfaction strategies.
management overall is very good. the only hardest part of job was travelling from London to Woodstock. Most enjoyable part was handling cash till and making sandwiches.
Clean environment, fast paced.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  London, ON27 March 2017
A typical day was very fast-paced and I found customers were not always cooperative which made it hard some days. However, I learned a lot working here, such as a good work ethic, team work, working fast and maintaining positivity. The hardest part of the job was drive-thru because orders were supposed to be finished within 30 seconds of their order. The most enjoyable part of the job was making coffee for customers and doing cashier work.
Pros
Great hours very flexible with scheduling
Cons
Really stressful, staff were not always positive.
I loved working at Tim Hortons
Overnight baker (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON27 March 2017
Great environment. I love the fast pace job and customer service. I didn't love baking but it was a good experience. I would definitely go back just not baking.
fast past environment
TEAM LEADER/ CUSTOMER SERVICE (Current Employee) –  Golden, BC26 March 2017
tim horton is is fun and very busy seasonally..i would wish to stay there with the nice and friend ly staff but there isnt too much of a grwth there for me and i need grwth ,i have been working with tim for 5 year and not enought grown more promises ..
Productive and Fun, Extremely tiring
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 March 2017
Okay experience overall. First job, saved up some good money. Management was very disorganized. Very long hours, almost felt like i'm over working every shift.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Large variety of learning opportunities
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Beamsville, ON26 March 2017
Working here was great for a summer job because it's very flexible and really works with a busy schedule. The job teaches many things such as customer service and people skills as well as food care and prep and proper cleaning procedures.
Pros
Free food on breaks
Cons
Very crowded workplace
A fine place to work
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON26 March 2017
A pretty regimented job punch in and tend to your station. The managers I experienced were lovely and very accommodating. Between the team members there is a good social structure that makes the job fun.
Pressured job, not a fun place to work, but it was a job and I did it well
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Trenton, ON26 March 2017
I learned to work in a very fast paced environment, dealing with complaints awhile staying professional was a task at times. But I deal with people very well so I was a good fit for the job. I ran a staff/shift of between 2-12 people at any given time.
Pros
Was able to deal with the public, and often stressful situations tended to pass quickly
Cons
You were just tiny part of a large mechine there. No one wanted advise or new ideas. Clock in, work, clock out robots. Thats all they wanted there
Timmies
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON26 March 2017
I personally did not like working at Tim Hortons since I am a student and have to balance out work and school. I wasn't allowed to take many days off - there was a limit - so I had to work around that. Also, this Tim Hortons made us pay for any food we took from them with only a 10% discount. Of course, I'm sure that the meal time and the amount of break time you get depends on the owner of the franchise.
not bad place to work
Tim Hortons Team Member (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB25 March 2017
Nice place to work at but snotty employees that are he willing to help newcomers succeed . No management just team leaders. No room for advancement or promotion beyond that
Pros
free lunches
Cons
training is too quick if tou dont catch on immediately your screwed
productive and fun workplace
helping people
clean and tidy
love donuts and cookies
freshly prepared food
Pros
free luches
High paced
Team Member/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Niverville, MB24 March 2017
Super busy work environment that allows you to become a master multi-tasker. A typical day includes the repetitive customer service basics including coffee production, food preparation, and opening/closing duties. The culture is very diverse. The hardest part of the job is being on your feet for 8 hours and constantly running around. Most enjoyable aspect would be the free coffee and donuts.
Pros
food
Cons
busy
Great Place to start
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  North Queen and Cloverdale Mall24 March 2017
Working at Timmy's will always be a memorable experience for me. Coming here in Canada as an immigrant it was not easy to land a job as you are always asked for Canadian experience. I am grateful for Tim Hortons for giving me the experience and boost that I needed to jumpstart my career.
Pros
ok job when you're young
Cons
pay is minimum and yearly increases are also minimal
great company
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 March 2017
enjoyed working with everyone at Tim Hortons.
long hours of standing
staff discount
clean work area, and staff room
uniform provided
always on time with breaks
Pros
staff disscount
Cons
Just a job that sort of pays the bills
Tim Hortons Team Member (Current Employee) –  Nova Scotia23 March 2017
Management is okay. Owners do not care. There's no such thing as raises. You get paid minimum wage for an alright job but it pays most of the bills. In the economy we are in now most are lucky to even have a job. I would never recommend anyone to work here.
Very fast pace environment
Team member (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 March 2017
I learnt the high standards of food handling techniques. How much important it is to co-ordinate your activities with other team members to give the customers best of service.
Pros
free coffee
Dependent on Management
Shift Supervisor/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 March 2017
Work experience depends on management;

With the right managers your work days will be awesome.

Can get super tiresome as you're constantly on your feet and waking the floor with service and re-stocking as they get depleted but with the right co-workers, you don't feel a thing or easily forget the pain as you chat with them.
Pros
Discounted food & free beverages (hot beverages only)
Cons
discounts not as big
productive and fun
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB23 March 2017
Great place for young adults to start there careers at with flexible hours and room to grow and make friend. Great for students attending school and post secondary activites.
Was Worth The Expirience
Team Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON23 March 2017
It's most certainly an enjoyable place to work in a positive fast-paced atmosphere. I have no regrets from working there only that I'm not fit for it.
If you're someone who absolutely loves face-to-face interaction constantly for hours whilst making hot drinks, or if you want a secure position with guaranteed hours Timmies is great.
However if you are someone who prefers a calmer environment with a set list of clear instructions on tasks and a steadier pace look elsewhere.
Pros
Free Coffee, Tea. Interactions with some.
Cons
Effort goes unnoticed, one members constant mistake fall upon all else.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tim Hortons. Our community is ready to answer.