Tim Hortons
3,299 reviews

Tim Hortons Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
a place where i can learn new things
Customer Service (Current Employee), AlbertaMarch 27, 2015
i like when it busy and everything is flowing in the right order. i always get along with the manager and all my co-workers. i work all station but i like drive-tru beverage the best.
Productive and fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 26, 2015
I enjoyed working at Tim Hortons, my co-workers were friendly and very helpful. It was a fast paced restaurant but I found it exhilerating.
It's fast food
Supervisor (Current Employee), Markham, ONMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Flexible scheduling
Cons: Broken Culture
The only great perk about working at the Tim Hortons location I work at is the flexible hours other than that, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. The culture is beyond broken. Employees treat customers poorly and customers treat employees poorly. It's a situation that cannot be fixed. The work during peak hours is brutal; it's cheap labour that's completely unfair to those working.
working at Tim Horton's
Customer Service Fast Food (Former Employee), Kingston OntarioMarch 26, 2015
Cons: long hours
The most enjoyable part of this job was the customers. I built rapport with the customers and made sure that their order was correct as they ordered it. I can't say much for my co-workers as most of the time it was a good environment to work in, as I found a lot of my co-workers not enjoying what they did, so I watched them bring that on when they served our guest.

I was there for almost 3 years and besides that most of the time I enjoyed my time there as I would motivate my co-workers and bring smiles to my guests face.
Productive, fast pace, wonderful daily customers
Hostess / Storefront (Former Employee), Fredericton, NBMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Daily customers, fast pace, positive work environment
Cons: Constant gossip
Typical days are fast pace, and enjoyable.
Co-workers and daily customers were a motivation to come into work.
I learned that a smile can change how a person perceives you.
The hardest part of the job was the fact I worked near an exhibition ground. Whenever an event was going on, there was hundreds of people coming in and out.
The most enjoyable was getting to know the people within my work place.
good work place
Cashier (Former Employee), Squamish, BCMarch 25, 2015
I really enjoyed working at Tim Hortons. It was a really fun environment to work in. I even recommended that my son work there.
Flexible with Hours
Night Shift Baker / Storefront Cashier (Current Employee), HamiltonMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Team member
While attending full time at Mohawk College for the past two years, Tim Hortons has been very flexible with my hours and accommodating around my schedule.
Day and Life at Tim Hortons
Supervisor/Trainer/Baker (Current Employee), Paris, ONMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Staff Discounts while on shift
Cons: Long days working on your feet.
A typical work day consists of ensuring the positioning chart is completed and paper work is completed prior to the beginning of the shift. From there serving customers is the number 1 priority. As a supervisor, I am held responsible for ensuring breaks are ran on time and daily job specs are completed prior to shift change. Communication is key in this atmosphere a long with ensuring all staff are in a positive atmosphere whether it's during a slow period or a busy rush.
Excellent company to work for and to build personal skills
Customer Service (Current Employee), Port Hope, ONMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Great hard working staff that also makes the workplace fun, flexible hours.
Cons: No cons come to mind
The main objectives in this workplace are order accuracy, customer service and drive-thru window times. Achieving drive-thru times is by far the hardest part of my job and at the same time my favourite. I strive to do the best job I can everyday of work.
Tim Horton's was my first job so I have gained a lot of valuable skills over the years such as; teamwork, efficiency, communication, initiative, etc.
A good place to start a first job.
Baker (Current Employee), Pembroke, ONMarch 24, 2015
Learning about the work environment, what is expected of your work ethic. Learn customer relations, manage difficult situations. Learn a bit about yourself and how you perceive a career in retail. A food chain is a good place to find out the hidden questions of the working class and about your own talents.
Tim Horton's
Customer Service (Former Employee), Havelock, ONMarch 23, 2015
Pros: free food, good coworkers, lots to do to keep you busy
Cons: long slows periods in the winter which would reduce hours
Working at Tim Horton's was probably the best job I have had. I have nothing bad to say about the company, job, or coworkers. I would make coffee and food for customers as well as make sure my station is clean, and all food was at a safe temp when I was working on the soup and sandwich station, and that all the customers are taken care of. The hardest part of the job was when it got busy. No one likes waiting in lines and we tried to get people through as quickly as possible and sometimes that can be hard. It wasn't a bad job thought lots of early morning shifts but I enjoyed the work
fast paced restaurant, fun to work with people
Counter Staff (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBMarch 23, 2015
clean tables, clean dishes, clean bathrooms, etc.
I've learned to do things fast.
I love working with people.
The hardest part is doing lots at the same time.
Unstable work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), the Bowmanville store in Wal MartMarch 23, 2015
Pros: it was full time
Cons: the fast paced work
a typical day: punch in find out where I was working and make sure everything was stocked and enough coffee was ready, server customer do my assigned chores, I learned how to make different types of beverages, the manager was nice, my co worker were younger and were in a click and I was an outsider. The hardest part was keeping up with the coffee and the most enjoyable part was that it was full time
Fun Work place
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 23, 2015
Work place is fun and cooperative however standing for longer hours drains out your body pretty quick. Plus the pay wasn't sufficient for the amount of efforts one put into work. A good work place for starters
customer service
customer service/baker (Former Employee), Brandon, MBMarch 23, 2015
This job was awesome because it was always go, go, go and I love that. Always busy. Management and coworkers were awesome.
very nice manager
Customer Service Representative / Cashier (Current Employee), Markham, ONMarch 22, 2015
speed - time management- work under pressure- pay attention to details - team work - customer service - friendly environment - be on time - friendly co-workers
i had a privilege to work at a calm and stress free environment with a great team members and managemnt
Cashier and Team member (Former Employee), woodbine and highway 7March 22, 2015
Pros: place to learn and great co workers, management
Cons: long hours
As a Tim Torton team member i learned a lot about time management and since it is a busy environment it helped to learned several key factors like organization and great customer service skills. It was a great place to work with other team members who helped to learn the key to gain customers. Tim Horton was best place for me to learn the leadership skills, i was in charge to train few new team members. Overall work experience at Tim Horton helped me to learn many skills which it could help me to use in the future Jobs.
Fast paced environment means you're never bored on the job, which is definitely something I liked
Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee), Cambridge,ONMarch 22, 2015
Pros: good job for high school students, flexible hours, lots of locations
Cons: minimum wage, can be demanding, long hours
Pros- Good work experience
- Flexible hours
- Tips
- Easy going co-workers

Cons- Hard labour
-No benefits
-Rude customers
-Poor management
-Understaffed

Hiring an the right number of staff members in order to accommodate company needs.Over-working your employees is really bad and it doesn't make it easy for them to provide good service.
Very fast paced
Supervisor/Customer Service (Former Employee), London, ONMarch 22, 2015
A lot of drama, but when it was busy everyone just pulled together and got things done. the management was great and would go back there if I was ever out of a job.
Fast paced and good learning experience
Team Member (Former Employee), Oakville, OnMarch 21, 2015
Pros: the experience
Cons: long hours
A typical day at work started differently everyday. If it was busy you helped customers, if it wasn't you set to whatever tasks were given to you by the supervisor. Often, certain tasks are time oriented so you did as per the time, without being told. Time management, efficiency and customer communication were the biggest skills learned at that job. My co-workers were generally helpful, polite and good people to be around. Management could sometimes be unreasonable and forgetful that employees have a life outside of work. The hardest part were the occasional extremely busy days (i.e. Christmas, New Years, Canada Day etc.). The most enjoyable part was meeting new people on a daily basis.

1 2 3 4 5

About Tim Hortons

Tim Hortons Inc. is a Canadian fast casual restaurant known for its coffee and doughnuts. It is also Canada's largest fast food – Read more