Tim Hortons Employee Reviews

Found 5,460 reviews matching the search
great place to work and amazing staff
Coffee Maker (Former Employee) –  QuisSeptember 26, 2016
I was mainly in charge of working front counter taking customers orders and making their coffees. In drive thru I was in charge of taking orders, I also worked the drive thru window handing out orders and collecting money and giving customers their change.
Fast Paced Work Environment
Tim Hortons Team Member (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ONSeptember 26, 2016
Co-workers are typically easy to get along with and fun loving. Work is fast paced so often the day goes by quickly. I love the regular customers, they make it easy to to put a smile on my face. However after a few years the work can begin to feel monontenous. And the quick turn-over rate promotes an under valued environment.
Pros
Stable Work Environment
Cons
Little Advancement Opertunities
Tim Hortans, A Good Experience
Store Front Employee (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ONSeptember 26, 2016
My typical day at Tim Hortons starts at 10pm, and runs all night. There is alot to do when working store front on your own. So I have to balance my time between cleaning, stocking, and customers extremely well. Without proper organization it will fall apart.
Fast and positive enviroment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Rothesay, NBSeptember 26, 2016
Very fast paced but always loving smiles and positive attitudes and great customer service. I learned having a great attitude in the workplace is always best for you and your customers. hardest part; lunch rushes but always loved the lunch rushes because i was always busy and my day flew by.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
lively fast-paced environment for sociable persons
Team Member/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONSeptember 26, 2016
Working at Tim Hortons generally consists of pulling tips, figuring out which position you are in for the day (or beginning of the shift) and then working as fast and efficiently as you can. I enjoy working in the fast-paced environment and when there are no customers you can expect to see me cleaning and stocking the shelves. Although most employees would say that the hardest part of the job is irritated customers, however, I have rarely come into those incidents. My favorite part of working at Tim Hortons is serving the customers and seeing them leave with a giant smile on their face.
Pros
tips, free food at my location
Cons
minimum wage
great people to work with, safe enviorment,
team member (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABSeptember 26, 2016
great people to work with, I make coffee, bake, soup and sandwich, I don't really learn anything at Tim Hortons, its a great first job, management is really great they try to make thing work, the hardest part is some of the guess when they are in a mad mood they will take it out on use,
Pros
50% off food when we are their
Cons
understaff
productive and fast paced!
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kapuskasing, ONSeptember 26, 2016
I worked as a supervisor for the only coffee shop in my town. It was extremely hectic but fun considering i was a high school student! The co-workers would come and go but I had the opportunity to meet great people.
Pros
tips
Great Staff Great place
Baker/Storefront personnel/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONSeptember 26, 2016
The staff was wonderful. The owners really encouraged a culture of development of skill sets. I would recommend that anyone starting out in the business of hotel restaurant management go and work for this particular owner. He develops well talented individuals.
Pros
Good friends and a good place to work
Cons
not many cons
Once,again a very fun place to work!
Front counter cashier/customer service (Former Employee) –  Lakeshore and East st BronteSeptember 26, 2016
I love pleasing everyone! My attempt is always to do that! A smile on someone else's face due to something I said or did gives me the biggest satisfaction!
Pros
Early shifts meaning early dismissal
Cons
Parking lot duties in winter
Good management and working culture
Quality Assurance Technician (Current Employee) –  Ancaster, ONSeptember 25, 2016
Ancaster plant very good team. People work hard every day to bring the best coffee of Canada. Work culture is awesome and one of the nicest people I have work with.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
growth
Positive and Productive
Front End Staff (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 25, 2016
I found working here though in high demand of labour was, fun and productive place to work, organised and very community driven.

I would have preferred more opportunities to advance my career within Tim Hortons though rather than being considered just Front end Staff.
Pros
Free Donuts, Muffins, Cookies
Cons
Jumping shift work and no steady shifts. Was difficult to get on a set scheduel.
Tim hortons
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBSeptember 25, 2016
I enjoyed the fast pace made my day go by fast. The employees and managers were wonderful. I would work at Tim Hortons again I only left due to school.
Pros
discounts while working
Cons
sandwich unit was a little confusing
Decent location, fun workplace and great employees
Tim Hortons Team Member (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, ONSeptember 25, 2016
It is always a great time working at Tim Hortons, the staff are super nice and i always have a good day working. The location is close to my home. I wish I had more hours because I only work on weekends, though.
Pros
Free muffins, timbits on break
Good first job
Cashier and Customer Service (PT) (Current Employee) –  Pincourt, QCSeptember 25, 2016
Honestly, this job was a good first job.
I have met a lot of new people and especially different people to work with. I have worked there for about a year and a half and now there is a new manager and it really sucks. He would yell at everyone for doing their job. It really puts you under pressure when he's just yelling at you. I do get that he must want us to do better, but I don't appreciate being shamed on. Would like a new job.
Pros
Meet new people
Cons
Treated poor
Overalll
Night worker (Former Employee) –  Gatineau, QCSeptember 25, 2016
Working at Tim hortons help me develop lots of different skills such as improving my socializing skills. Improving my endurance skills and my speech skills helped me become more interactive with the public and gave me lots more confidence with my self.Now knowing my capability i feel like there nothing standing in my way and i can be part of any team.
Pros
free food
Fun to work, fast paced
Storefront/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ONSeptember 24, 2016
I enjoy working at Tim Hortons because of its fast paced environment. Also, I'm working with a team who is always supportive and always encouraging other team members to do their best. My supervisor makes great effort to help the new team members who are in the process of learning.

I work mostly in the morning, however, sometimes I have to do on-call shifts and also closing shifts twice a week. That has been a great experience and also beneficial in helping me to learn more each day.
Pros
Free lunch + Tips
Cons
Irregular hours
productive and organized work place
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Mattawa, ONSeptember 23, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to interact and make the customers happy. It was fast paste and enjoyable. I've learned how too properly handle unhappy customers.
Pros
discounts on food
Cons
being on your feet all day
Fun but very tiring but it is still an awesome job.
Cashier/Baker (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, ABSeptember 22, 2016
Its going to be a busy day as soon as tims open. A lot of people ordering coffee and Ice Capp will give you a head start. i learned how to multi task at Tims as they are a very fast paced environment.
Pros
Free hot drinks
Cons
A lot of stuff needs to be done by yourself only.
Good starting job for teens or New Canadians
Team Member/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Canmore, ABSeptember 22, 2016
Fast paced in and out service. Can learn; time management, better English (if not already 1st language) customer service, stress management, and how to smile thru the real feelings. Both locations in Canmore are owned by a wonderful family. The manager at the bow valley trail location personally I consider a great leader. The hardest part of the job is the go-go-go mentality but if your not afraid of a fast pace or want to learn how to work in a fast pace. The most enjoyable part of the job would have to be freshest coffee and freshest donuts!
Pros
Good Hours, Great experience, Great Management
Cons
Hard work, repetitive tasks
Overall a good workplace
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONSeptember 22, 2016
I enjoy working at Tim Hortons, it was an excellent place to work at because of its flexible hours. This made managing school and work very easy. The other employees are also great to work with and the management is just as good.