Tim Hortons

Tim Hortons Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun workplace, good environment
Store Front (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 9, 2016
Had fun working at this place, with good environment. It is a coffee shop and has good people to work around.
Makes us learn a lot about customer service.
Productive Workplace
Store Front (Former Employee), Ajax, ONFebruary 9, 2016
Pros: Working with friends
Cons: Idiocity of Arrogant and/or Ignorant Customers
It was a good place to work got a lot of hours so it was hard to complain about that but the best part was I got to work with friends I already knew outside of the workplace and that made the experience a lot more enjoyable and always kept my productivity level high
Just a job
Customer Service (Former Employee), Caledonia, ONFebruary 9, 2016
Pros: Other employees
Cons: Non-flexible hours
For myself, Tim Horton's was not a bad place to work, nor a good place. I simply went there to make money, then came home. I learned many things over my time at Tim Hortons, some being, how to work well with others, this job also highly improved my addition and subtraction skills, I remember prices well, and give proper change without looking at the cash register. My co-workers was my favourite part about the job, I made many life long friends from my time at Tim Hortons. Management on the other hand was different. To them I was just another employee, one of my managers didn't even know my name after almost 3 years. The hardest part of the job was the hours, I had many hours which I like, however the timing of the shifts were bad. During week days I would work 3:00pm-11:00pm, getting off school at 2:45 and having to make it to work in 15 minutes which they were not flexible with, I would have to leave class 10 minutes early in order to make it to work on time. Working until 11:00pm on school nights was also not easy, also making 7am-11pm a long day for a high school student. Shifts that were not 8 hours long would be 3:00pm- "?", meaning you do not know the time you are getting off of work. Latest time being 11:00pm, however this made it difficult to make plans with friends, family, or plan when is the best day to do school work.
A great opportunity for communication skills to grow
Team Member (Current Employee), Windsor, ONFebruary 8, 2016
Pros: You get to meet lots of people and regulars that become a big part of your life.
Cons: can be physically taxing, as you are expected to always move fast.
A typical day at work involves working at either the cashier's till or at the drive thru. You are expected to work with your co-workers and deliver fast and efficient customer service, that make customers happy.
fast pace workplace
customer service (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 8, 2016
Pros: discount
Cons: long hours
Fast paced environment, busy everyday, meeting new people and customer interactions everyday. Over time was sometimes needed but wages weren't as good.
at times it was a fun place to work
Customer Service (Current Employee), Kitchener-Waterloo, ONFebruary 8, 2016
Pros: loved working midnights
Cons: too much drama
it was good over al loved dealing with the customers the work was not hard kept me active , The hours werent too bad its what i wanted the only thing i dont like is the drivethru customers can get really ignorant if they are in a hurry
Work around student agenda.
Store Manager (Former Employee), Peterborough, ONFebruary 8, 2016
Pros: Co-Workers
Cons: Poor management practice
Tim Horton's was my first job, for the most part it was alright, the work was tedious but it supplied me with income throuought highschool.
Productive and fun work place
Cashier (Former Employee), Regina, SKFebruary 8, 2016
I really enjoyed working with my co-workers. Working at Tim Hortons was a blast. Everyone knew how to work as a team which made the day go by fast.
Terrible company to work for
Store Front Supervisor (Former Employee), London, ONFebruary 8, 2016
I did not enjoy my time here. Management was unbearable. I would not recommend to work here. They did not treat the employees well.
fun workplace
Food Counter Attendant (Former Employee), Dawson Creek, BCFebruary 7, 2016
Pros: there are some free foods and drinks
Cons: no rotation in schedule
It was same work every night- but the good thing in night shift was, i was trained to all position in - baking, drive-thru, soup and sand and front line. The management was okay, but the only thing that i didn't like was the schedule. I was retained in night duty for almost the whole contract. My co-workers were very helpful as well as my managers. They are very approachable and there were camaraderie. It was amazing to work with different people and culture. They were so understanding and considerate. It was not hard to adapt their culture because they are very open to us.
A productive and enjoyable experience.
Supervisor (Current Employee), Rouse Valley Health System, OntarioFebruary 7, 2016
My work place is an enjoyable environment. I am a very social person and my current work place gives me opportunity to meet and interact with a vast array of people of different cultural backgrounds. My management team is great and our goal is fast service and to make our guests happy. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing the happy faces of my guests and the hardest part is when I can't make them happy.
Fun workplace
Baker (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 7, 2016
They have an awesome store owner and manager in which it makes bonds to the workers even the connection to the costumer by giving them a big smile.
Fast-paced and demanding
Storefront Cashier (Former Employee), TorontoFebruary 6, 2016
Pros: Lots of donuts and free snacks
Cons: stressful
Not good for students, I had to work 4 days while being a full-time student and it took two months to be able to get 3 days a week

They always expected you to be fast while being perfect at every order, but you get yelled at for wasting time promoting something you got yelled at for not promoting before

Very hypocritical

Coworkers were supportive
Fast paced and customer service focused
Counter Staff (Former Employee), Orillia, ONFebruary 5, 2016
Pros: customer service, good hours
Cons: long shifts with only two 15 minute breaks
While I knew I didn't want to work in the food industry forever, I generally liked working here. My schedule was worked around my schooling which was awesome. At both locations that I worked at, my colleagues were great and I liked being able to work in a team but also on my own sometimes too. I loved working in a fast paced environment, and getting to serve many customers each shift. I learned a lot about customer service at this job, this gave me lots of opportunity to expand my customer service skills.
Fast Pace Workplace With A Permanent Coffee Smell
Team Member (Current Employee), OrlliaFebruary 5, 2016
Pros: Employee Discount
Cons: Only one or Two Uniform(s) per Person
If you like a fast pace workday that smells like coffee, this is the perfect job. A typical work day involves making over a hundred cups of coffee and various drinks, food preparation, cleaning, and serving the general public. If you need to learn how to talk to people of all walks of life while still being professional, this job will help. If you already have that skill, you can further it with the practice. The management try to do all they can for their workers, going out of their way to schedule your shifts to suit your needs and try to make the workplace an enjoyable place to be as possible. The management are the leaders of your team, the other workers-your teammates. They go out of their way to make sure you succeed in whatever you are doing and provide a friendly atmosphere. Easily, the most enjoyable part of the work day is interacting with your fellow team members (i.e. a group of 3 or 4 trying to complete an order through drive-thru before a certain amount of time has passed) or outgoing customers. The hardest, funnily enough, is the same thing. Working with the same people day in day out in a fast pace work place can create tension amoung both the customers and team members when tension is running high.
Food Counter Attendant/Cashier (Former Employee), Camrose, ABFebruary 5, 2016
Pros: The teamwork
Cons: Long hours and early mornings
A typical day would consist of preparing and serving food and beverages, interacting with customers and operating tills. I have learned new ways to prepare food and different beverages. I gained some supervisor skills, and how be more productive and efficient in doing certain things. Management had its strong and weak moments. Overall I would say the management was good. I didn't really feel any part of the job to be too hard, besides maybe when everyone wanted to work in the same position. The most enjoyable part of the job is building a connection with regular customers, and that no two days were the same, each day provided new things and new experiences.
Ok
Night Supervisor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 5, 2016
A typical day would include preparing meals and coffee in an efficient manner to get through a large amount of customers in a fast time. Co-workers made it enjoyable.
Busy, exciting place to work with mostly good people
Cashier/Storefront (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONFebruary 4, 2016
Pros: Eating all I want
Cons: Rude staff are bad to work with
The store was very busy when I worked day shift. Lots of customers, constant running around. Good place because you were generally with some good people who were fun to work with.
Midnights
Front End Cashier (Former Employee), Woodstock, ONFebruary 4, 2016
Cons: not enough hours, extremely rude, kept after shift end
I worked midnight's every Friday and Saturday. 11 pm to 6 am. It was long and tiring hours, but they were the only hours i received. I enjoyed working the the fellow midnight worker as she was fun and easy to get along with. After my shift ended i was kept 20 min usually after to finish up tasks that were not completed by previous shifts before me. Was not treated fairly because of working midnight's.
hsjsbdjdb
Team Member (Current Employee), Barrie, ONFebruary 4, 2016
Tim hortons is very hard to work at. the customers are rude. the co workers are nice though. sort of fast paced and busy job.
Headquarters