Tim Hortons Employee Reviews

Found 6,021 reviews matching the search
Its good but not the best
Tim Hortons Team Member (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB14 January 2017
Working as a part time at tim hortons, Mostly start my work in evening 3-11. Start my daily job on drive thur or store front where I was taking orders from the customer.

I have learn the interaction with the customer in Canadian work place environment.

The management is supportive and understand the needs of the employee.

Our co-workers are frindly and supportive.

When you work over night and manage whole store by yourself

Enjoyable part when shift came to ends and going home
Pros
Good Employee Discount
Cons
Cut Hours if not busy
Awesome crew to work with!
Hostess/Server (Former Employee) –  Dieppe, NB14 January 2017
I loved working at Tim's! The only problem is that, although I was the person who was most reliable and I spent pretty much every day I was supposed to have off working, they fired me and never told me why or anything!
Pros
Free coffee, Great staff, Awesome tips! Great location, Not hard work at all!
Cons
Not many hours, low pays, gossip, rumors, rudeness, disrespect.
always dedicated to customers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON14 January 2017
I have learn to provide the best service as cashier to the customer.but sometimes its hard when the team work is not involved while working .That increases the workload of for other employees of the Tim Horton's.However the most beautiful thing of this job when the customer says thanks with a smiley face:)
Pros
Free launch
I enjoyed seeing new cutomers
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ponoka, AB14 January 2017
Every day was a new experience and the staff was great to work with, And it was a learning and a test of my patience, it was a good starter job but I won't make it my career job.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
undecided customers
Fast paced and productive workplace
Assistant Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 January 2017
Serving customers, cleaning stations, create report for shift sales. Team members are efficient and team work is highly valued. Job was relatively repetitive so sometimes it gets boring. Employees are very expendable.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Hourly sales is the basis for schedule allotment. Sales and your hours are directly proportional
Good Company
TEAM MEMBER (Current Employee) –  Lake Country, BC13 January 2017
Eight Hour days with half hour lunch breaks, management is amazing and very understanding with any personal issues. I am always happy when I am going to work
Pros
Free Lunches
Fun workplace
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON13 January 2017
It was fun that we work as a team together and we help each other.
We get hours as we like.
Drive through was a good experience.
Met a lot of people.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Stress
Fast paced team environment
Sales Clerk/Baker/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON13 January 2017
A typical day at work would begin at 4 am. Food would be prepped and baked then brought out front for 6 am. Between 5 and 6 am I would multi task between drive thru, counter service, baking and out front food preparation. At 6 am I would go to the back to bake for the remainder of the shift at which time I was finished at 12 pm when relieved by the next shift. I learned how to multi task various jobs while serving customers, relieving fellow workers for breaks, leading a team of workers, filing paperwork and problem solving skills simultaneously.
Teams were established for peak times and large tasks. The hardest part of the job was the lack of adequate staff at all times due to regulations on hours given out weekly by head office.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the fast paced nature and meeting new people
Pros
flexible schedule when permitted
Cons
lack of staff
Got a chance to improve your excellent customer services and hospitality. .
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Eglington, PE13 January 2017
Got a chance to improve your excellent customer services and hospitality skills. Excellent learning experience working with such a friendlier team.
Pros
get a chance to improve your excellent customer services and hospitality.
Stressful
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Carbonear, NL13 January 2017
You need to be able to multitask and handle the face to face contact with the public with out becoming aggressive. fast past environment. adequate hours
Good first job
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Gormley, ON13 January 2017
Working at Tim Hortons is a good start when looking for a job. I learned a lot about customer service and working with my co workers as a team. I learned that no matter what the customer is always right and meeting their needs is always the top priority.
fun and stressful
Costumer Service (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC12 January 2017
I've worked at Tim Hortons a little bit more then a year. I learned hoot be patient with certain difficult customers. Make sure they leave satisfied what ever is the situation. Be respectful and listen very carefully to what people say and order, in order to get everything right.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
not enough hours
Great and fun place to work
Baker/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hanmer, ON12 January 2017
Could not get anymore greater experience for customer service than Canada's best coffee shop. Management is great, coworkers were good.
Tim Hortons Review
Cashier Supervisor/ drive thru (Former Employee) –  Cold Lake, AB Petawawa ON12 January 2017
Flexible hours, early shifts, work around other jobs
Amazing and fun people to work with
Learn something new everyday
Easy to teach and learn
Memorizing customers orders
Pros
Being remembered by familiar faces, putting a smile on everyone's face, starting their day off right
Cons
NA
a typical day at work
Store Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Finch Subway Station, Toronto12 January 2017
I had a great experience working in a busy location.. from helping the crews making orders to staffs supervision is really great. I had a very great team and we all get along. It was a pleasure working to this company as I had learned a lot.
God awful place to work
Cashier and Baker (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB12 January 2017
I worked with people here that have been getting paid the same salary for over 15 years... The owners of all the Tim Hortons in Moncton do not care about anyone else but themselves, people who work there hate their lives because of that, and the worst part is that when you get promoted to supervisor, you get a 25 cent raise! The tips were good though
Pros
Tips
Cons
Everything else
team work 100%
Gérante (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC12 January 2017
make sure your coffee pots are full and better be able to work as a team
team work and how to handle stressful situations
management good
coworkers okey
rush hours are hard but can be done
you dont see time fly
Depending on where you work, managers can be rude.
Tim Hortons Team Member (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON12 January 2017
I worked at a Tim Hortons for 1 year and 2 months, and the management was just horrible, and no one refreshed coffee after 20 minutes.
Great place to work for part time shifts
Tim Hortons Team Member (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON11 January 2017
Everyonr is nice i was the baker so there was alot of running around i had to do with running to the freezer to the oven tobthe til and to the display case smto make sure everythingbwas good and stocked up also handled cash at the til for about a month or so
Pros
It was great
Cons
Just didnt like it
Teamwork makes the dream work!
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Markham11 January 2017
Teamwork is a requirement in an environment such as Tim Hortons. Everyone works together towards success! I worked very well with my coworkers and we always provided quick and friendly service. Our typical drive-thru results on a weekend morning would be about 23 seconds of service for each car, with over 100 cars each hour.