Tim Hortons Employee Reviews

Found 7,520 reviews matching the search
Works around your schedule well, not the most enjoyable place to work
Cashier/baker (Current Employee) –  Montague, PE24 June 2017
Works around your schedule well but sometimes you get booked to work on days you have off and its not easy to call in sick. I like the staff but isn't somewheres i would work for the rest of my life.
open door policies.
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS24 June 2017
it did matter how big or how small a problem was, the door was always open. And everyone had a set schedule which worked out well for everyone. and coverage was awesome.
Great first job, love the work and the people.
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  New Glasgow, NS24 June 2017
I loved my job at Tim Hortons though I can't say I'm especially fond of Tim Hortons itself.
It really depends a lot on the people you work with, lucky for me I had great coworkers. Management though wasn't great, not that they didn't manage the store well, she was an excellent manager but not with the employees. She's a bully, and was a big part of why I quit in the end.
But, like I said, the job was great, tips were great and customers were great. Love Customer Service!
I started out very shy but the job really helped me improve and enhanced my communication skills. I would go back.
Pros
Discount
Emplois étudiant typique
Caissière, service à la clientèle (Current Employee) –  Lachute, QC24 June 2017
On a une liste de taches à finir avant la fin du shift, travailles d'équipe essentiel au bon fonctionnement.
L'important est de rendre le client heureux et content de sa visite dans la succursale.
Il y a toujours quelques choses à faire, suffis de le trouver! :)
Fun and accepting workplace with flexible hours
TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC24 June 2017
A typical day at Tim Hortons would include taking customers orders, serving the customers and stocking up. What made the job fun was the people that worked there, they made it a fun and exciting place to work.
Pros
Free food
Busy environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 June 2017
I liked working at Tims, it taught me how to work well under pressure without messing up people's orders. Also it taught me how to deal with angry customers.
Pros
Free food
Cons
too many staff in a small area
Fun work place and environment. Terrible management.
Team Member (Current Employee) –  London, ON23 June 2017
Never given enough hours, hired more people when hours were short, cut hours for petty reasons, poor petty management, bad environment to work in. Management spreads rumours and does not care about employees.
correct
Caissière (Former Employee) –  Jonquière, QC23 June 2017
Travail facile et amusant, équipe peu respectueuse
I dont like working here
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON23 June 2017
This job ask you to forget your own feeling and just work like machines. Very stressful at times. Management is very poor, does not care about employees and customers. Very rude with customers especially at drive thru.
Great job for high school students/teens
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON23 June 2017
Depending on the time of the day you're working, it's either very faced paced (mornings) or fairly quiet (evenings). Great job for beginners who need experience; flexible hours and understanding managers (most of the time). Teaches you how to be patient and understanding with customers.
Wait on customer and serve coffee
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON22 June 2017
Good minimum wage job. The hardest part of working here is that orders have to be perfect and long days standing on your feet. Otherwise no that bad of a job. You need to work at a very fast pace all the time with no errors.
Travail très agréable avec beaucoup de contact avec les gens
Service à la clientèle, caissier, boulanger (Current Employee) –  Boischatel, QC22 June 2017
Ce que j'apprécie le plus c'est l'équipe très dynamique, le travail soutenu, le sentiment de rendre service aux autres et de les rendres heureux et de résoudre des problèmes autant ceux des clients que ceux dans le restaurant.
Pros
Rendre les gens heureux en leur servant ce qu'ils désirent
Cons
Trop d'erreurs d'horaire
Fast Paced
Supervisor, Trainer (Current Employee) –  Arnprior, ON22 June 2017
Great first job, Fast paced and very speed and quality oriented. owners want you to succeed and flourish. there is always room for advancement and at my location benefits are available.
great coworkers and managers made the job great.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Osoyoos, BC22 June 2017
I was always in drive thru, which meant that my day could go by very quickly. Coworkers were wonderful people, and they were all helpful. My manager and assistant manager were amazing people who I still consider to be friends to this day. The hardest part of the job was definitely dealing with some of the cranky customers (especially since they hadn't had their coffee yet, hence them coming in). However, the friendly atmosphere that the coworkers made in the store made dealing with those customers worth it.
Pros
great coworkers, great managers
Cons
cranky customers
Your typical minimum wage fast-food job.
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 June 2017
As a part-time team member at Tim Hortons, I do a large number of tasks every day such as serving customers, stocking up, cleaning, working on drive-thru and keeping the rate of service at 40 seconds or less per car. When possible, I help train new employees on the job.

The greatest skill I've learned and exercise every day is the ability to prioritize well. I've improved my customer service skills, upselling skills, and general ability to multitask in a high-intensity environment.

The hours are long (typically 7-9 hour shifts) with one 30-minute break. The shift requires you to stand and constantly move around in a small space with a few other workers, however, warm interactions with guests and co-workers make it not so bad.
Pros
Free snacks
Cons
Long hours standing
Awesome jump start of customer service representative career
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON22 June 2017
Typical day at work is very busy and non-stop work. It's great as the time passes pretty quickly and dealing with customers is the most fun part as you deal mostly with happy customers. The hardest part of the job is to keep the pace constant. Workplace culture depends on team workers and whether the management is hiring appropriate number of employees for the tasks distribution.
The staff had excellent management and co staff, the hours you needed were always given, and the job never Interfered with your schooling.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Keswick, ON21 June 2017
The staff were always very friendly with each other yet this never Interfered with their work. If you ever needed coffee to give that extra push It was given. The lines were never that long and even with a low Income It was still and excellent place to work.
Pros
Free Coffee, family friendly staff, safe enviroment
Cons
Low pay wage, no health care benefits.
Staff is the only saving grace
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ON21 June 2017
Tim Horton's is an unintimate company to work for. There is little to zero communication between team members and the corporation, so most relevant issues fall to the store owner. Thus saying, the environment job-wise depends on whoever owns the franchise. That aside, if your manager sucks, your job will suck. Customers are excessively rude and obnoxious, the work is very fast paced, there are silly uniforms, unorthodox rules and regulations that are constantly changing, poor compensation, poor pay rates, poor benefits, discounts on items when you are on the clock only (you have to pay for what you take home), and I can't stress this enough, the customers are horrendous.
On the bright side, since behind the counter is such close quarters, you grow close to your teammates and if you get along, they make the days bearable.
Productive and Enjoyable environment
Customer Service/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  London, ON21 June 2017
I loved working at Tim Hortons not only because of the busy and fast paced work that was needed, but because of my team and the customers I was able to serve on a day to day basis. I love being able to come into work enjoying what I do and who I work with.
Tim Hortons is so accepting, fun, and a happy place to be. Overall it's a great place to work at
fast paced workplace with flexible hours
Tim Hortons Team Member (Current Employee) –  Vernon, BC21 June 2017
lots of time spent on feet, short breaks, bad discounts. long after school hours making it really hard to balance homework and work. sometimes flexible with availability
Pros
free donuts?
Cons
long hours after school, hard to balance homework

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tim Hortons. Our community is ready to answer.