Tim Hortons
3,184 reviews

Tim Hortons Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Food Counter Attendant (Current Employee), Fort McMurray, ABFebruary 25, 2015
Working at Timmis gave me opportunity to make a positive impact to the people everyday. For me, there's no hard work as long as you love and enjoying it.
Productive and fun workplace with paintball game
Food Counter Attendant (Current Employee), Fort McMurray, ABFebruary 25, 2015
I have proven my ability to manage the workflow of back and front of my co-workers.I am confident in my abilities to perform my job and how to cooperate others.
Fun and challenging at the same time
Store Manager (Current Employee), TorontoFebruary 25, 2015
Had a great time with the company. Learnt a lot of new skills such as training, coaching, giving positive feedback to staffs, handling customer complaints skills, research, operations standards and guidelines
Very Productive
Team Member (Former Employee), Ottawa, OntarioFebruary 25, 2015
A lot of different people come in and out of tim Hortons. Some are in a good mood, and some are not. I have a good skill to work with all types of people and emotions. I learned that customers just want great customer service. Management could've been better. But I learned to mind my business if it's not hurting me or my the people around me. The hardest part of the job is getting customers that are hard to please. But the best part is knowing that I am part of someones everyday routine.
long
Cashier (Former Employee), Lively, ONFebruary 25, 2015
as everyone who has ever worked there knows it is long busy hours and a constant flow of people, including unfriendly ones. but it is a grreat starter job and flexible and room to grow.
Productive and fun working with the team
Cashier (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: good experience, it tought me how to work fast with the working tools
Cons: the breaks were too short
Taking orders and making them in an accurate way to please the customers. We used to work as a team to work efficiently, if anything goes wrong with the order, we try to make them right for our customers. The priority is the satisfaction of the customers. Moreover, organizing and managing our time to work faster.
Abusive and exploiting company worst than McDonald's
Caissière, service à la clientèle (Former Employee), Pierrefonds, QCFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: 30% on the food
Cons: don't get me started
I have worked in this company for over 6 months on a 40h morning shift position and there are way too many things that are backwards in this company:
- No Union
- No Benefits
- No insurance
- No free meals
- No paid break
- Minimum wage with no possibility of increase
- Horrible management
- Horrible working conditions
and the list goes on and on...

believe me if you have a choice then don't pick Tim Horton's
fun
Food Service Supervisor (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 24, 2015
Free coffee and donuts! i really enjoyed working with all the employee. Its a routine job but the time go so fast with it's so busy but i love it.
fun serving differnt customer
Cashier (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: 50 % of lunch
Cons: realiable hours
I enjoy working with different ethnics people and working with customer service. I have a good time working in this company.
great job
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: people and staff
Cons: standing long periods of time
I enjoyed working with the staff and serving the customers. I enjoyed the hours and I could do my job very efficiently. The instructions on how to perform the job were very well explained.
Hard-working, team-work and best customer service
Supervisor (Former Employee), north battleford, skFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: free food
Cons: as a supervisor need to stay suddenly at any indefinite period in order to maintain customer service
It was great fun at work. all were working in team. Trying to help each other while more busy. Hard work and precision is in the base of all concept.
Fast pace Environment with wonderful people
Cashier (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: busy most of the time.
Cons: short of staff.
It is a fun workplace and your co-workers are willing to help you when you need help. Although it does get busy at times, you get to improve your speed and compete with yourself to do things more faster and improve your communication skills. The hardest part of the job is sometimes we are short of staff and we have to pick up the pace and work double hard to clear the line. But I am still able to manage it because you get the flow going.
Fun workplace
Store Front Clerk (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 23, 2015
Working at Tim's is a fun experience. All the staffs are really friendly and the supervisors really know what they're doing. Everyone is working together as a team.
Productive place to work
StoreFront (Former Employee), Winnipeg,MBFebruary 23, 2015
Upon arriving at work I stocked cups,milk,cream,sugar prepared coffee & tea. I learned customer service skills and working as a team. As for management it was fairly acceptable. Loved each and every co-worker, very respectful and loved them like family. The hardest part of the job was dealing with difficult customers and being in the downtown environment. My most enjoyable part of my job was seeing all the wonderful regular customers as well as my team members.
Service with a smile, speedy also, we are a good team
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Montréal, QCFebruary 23, 2015
It is such a pleasure to work at Tim's, a rare opportunity, and certainly advancement, which is how I see my career blossoming.
Safe and productive work place
Cashier (Former Employee), ScarboroughFebruary 22, 2015
This is a place that will give you a chance with little to no experience required and educate you in the field.

You will learn how to work as a team as wellas by your self.
Some people ruin the job
team member (Former Employee), Georgetown, ONFebruary 22, 2015
If you love talking to people this job i great, luckily I am a people person. However some people can still manage to ruin your day with unseen levels of arrogance and insults. Still, with flexible hours and chances to advance its a good starter job, or even long term as they have benefits. Ultimately, fast food is not for me though.
Productive and fun workplace
Team Member (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCFebruary 21, 2015
tim hortons is a fun work place to get gain more experience as you are starting. it is kind of tiring but the environment is fun
baker
Baker (Former Employee), Shediac, NBFebruary 21, 2015
i was responcible for baking product like donuts,muffins,cookies and pies and cakes.some of the mixes had to be made from scrache as well as making glaze for the donuts
productive and a fun place to work.
Cashier (Former Employee), Thompson ,MBFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: dicounted meals
Cons: long hours, 6-7 days a week
On a typical day I would take the customers order and serve the customer their beverages and/or food. What i learned while working at Tim hortons is to handle the cashier, deal with the customers and to handle a hard situation properly when dealing with a unhappy costumer.

My manager and co-works at the time were hard working and amazing to work with. The hardest part of the job i would say was working 6-7 days a week but the most enjoyable part was meeting my co-workers and gaining the expeirence from the job.

1 2 3 4 5

About Tim Hortons

Tim Hortons Inc. is a Canadian fast casual restaurant known for its coffee and doughnuts. It is also Canada's largest fast food – Read more