Tim Hortons Employee Reviews in Canada

Found 5,016 reviews matching the search
Wish it would've stayed the same.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKJune 10, 2016
In the beginning of working there, everything there was great. I enjoyed being at work, loved the people, the management, and hours were good.

After my first year there, everything changed. Which caused everyone to eventually quit, the workplace wasn't fun to be around anymore. No one was happy. So I thought it was time to get a new job so I could be happy again.
Pros
50% on food and cold drinks, free hot drinks. Only while working though
Cons
Management wasn't very good in the end.
Amazing team to work with
Front Counter Attendant (Current Employee) –  Garson, ONJune 16, 2016
work is always busy, always something to do. Learned more extensive customer care methods. The direct upper management is great to work with, easy to talk to about anything. I LOVE working with my teammates, all great team players. The hardest part about my job is not being able to see more of my children, i work afternoons. The most enjoyable part of my job is the customers, I really enjoy dealing with all my regulars as well as all the new ones.
Pros
Excellent team environment
Cons
Unpaid breaks and no discounts on food purchases
Great starting job
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJune 6, 2016
At Tim Horton's, I learned how to work as a team with fellow co-workers, as well as how to communicate and interact with customers.
Majority of my co-workers were very friendly, while some on the other hand, not as friendly. Most enjoyable part of the job was meeting so many people and getting to interact with the customers, and co-workers. Learning how to prepare sandwiches was quite enjoyable. A little bit stressful at times when there was high demand, but overall, quite fun.
Pros
Learn useful skills, friendly work environment
Cons
A little bit stressful at times
Fun place to work and good start for career
Store Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONproJune 5, 2016
A typical day in Tim Hortons is you greet customers and serve them. Start their day with a fresh coffee and breakfast. What I have learned in Tim Hortons is how to provide good customer service and how to resolve customer complaints. The management in Tim Hortons is friendly and firm. The hardest part of working in Tim Hortons in you work in an environment in which you need to work with your best efforts to keep customers happy by having enough choices in food and beverages. The most enjoyable part in working in Tim Hortons is you get to smell always fresh.
Pros
team work
Productive and enjoyable Fast Face Environment
Cashier/Baker (Current Employee) –  6001 Yonge St. Toronto, OntarioMay 30, 2016
My typical day routine at work was very busy especially in the morning. because we serving breakfast. But even though busy everyday i'll learb a lot, especially in fast face environment.
About the management thers was so nice and they treat the staft properly. when it comes to my co worker. there all so nice and friendly that were treating us a family.
My hardest part of my job is nothing. because everyday was busy wholeday.
The most enjoyab;e part of my job is to meet new people. and talking with them.
Fast pace work place
Team Member (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONJune 10, 2016
- A typical day was jumping right into the job when I got there, working fast pace for the customers, cleaning whenever there wasn't any customers or restocking, and communicating with coworkers
- I gained a lot of people skills; how to handle people when they're upset or not happy
- Management was nice, but hard-working
- Coworkers were fun to get along with
- Hardest part of the job was dealing with customers who were upset about something, explaining the policy, and then them just wanting to talk to the manager
- The most enjoyable part was laughing with coworkers and making friends
Pros
Free food
Cons
Early mornings or upset costumers
overall have good experiance
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONMay 25, 2016
I get very good experiance from the tim horrtonns. Having very good supervisor and all the team member so i like the work atmosphere there. we all team member make our store in good position by a effective team work.

As I mention I am nursing candidae and under the process of becoming the registered nurds of the canada so i want to utilise my skill and knowledge in the health care field.
so am looking for that
Pros
Getting exposure as coustemer services and prove my self as a very strong team member
Cons
want to do work in my field
Fast paced
Store Front Staff (Current Employee) –  Kamloops, BCMay 28, 2016
Working at Tim Hortons I learned that mistakes will be made but at the end of the day it doesnt really matter. If you screw up someones order it really sint a bug deal because you can just make whatever they bought, again. The managers werent really strict but were well put together which made for a fun time on both sides. The hardest part of the day was dealing with the upset, elderly people. They never believed that my co-workers and I were doing our job right, in which case, we were. But, it levels out with the best part of the day; the quiet afternoon hours.
Pros
free food, always
Cons
Bad coffee smell at the end of the day
good work environment with promised hours
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ONMay 24, 2016
Working at the Odessa Onroute for Tim Hortons is a fast passed and good work environment. I learned to be patient and to fully understand customer desires and needs. Management is good could be better. My co workers are great and therefor you when you need them! The hardest part of the job is the location mainly. It is hard to get to in the winter because there isn't really any other way of getting there besides the highway. The most enjouable part of this job is that there is always something to do and the co workers are a great part of the good energy overall.
Pros
50% off lunches. Half hour breaks.
Cons
a 24\7 work hour environment. Management could be more understanding.
Busy place, fun people made the job more enjoyable
Assisting customers (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONMay 25, 2016
Working at Tim Hortons called for long, busy hours which was rewarding in the end. Most frequent shift was 6am-2pm, the day usually went by quickly because it was always busy and you were always doing something productive. The drive-thru times were very important, which taught me multitasking and working fast and efficient. Creating good relationships with co-workers was key to becoming more comfortable and even confident in this work place. Working at Tim Hortons you need to be able to communicate with a variety of personality types and you must bring along patience, which I did.
Pros
Discounted product when working
Cons
Very busy early mornings
cozy and small store
Food Counter Attendant (Current Employee) –  Medicine Hat, ABMay 26, 2016
Tim Hortons Downtown is just a small store but we have dinning area to maintain the cleanliness all the time. We are just open from 5am to 8pm every weekdays and shorten time on weekends.
I usually work in the morning shift and assigned to Soup and sandwich station because my manager says that Iam fast and accurate in all the work I've done which I enjoyed it. I also work at Til station and make it sure to be pleasant and warm to the customer and served them with satisfactions and accuracy. I got my yearly award as Employee of the Month and I am happy for that coz I know I deserved it. I love my working job because everyone's happy and we have a team work.
Pros
free food
Cons
long day work
Productive workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONMay 31, 2016
A typical day at Tim Horton's included counting the register, cashier, serving/handling food, beverage making, restocking front counters, maintaining cleanliness of the restaurant, drive-thru (including front counter staff), maintaining cleanliness of exterior of the restaurant, and serving customers.

Commonly learned the newest additions to the menu and any promotions and fundraisers being held.

The hardest part of the job is during the morning/lunch rush when line-ups occur both in-store and drive-thru.

The most enjoyable part of the job is working along side great team members and guaranteeing every order is right.
Alright place for a first job.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ONMay 31, 2016
I thought the hours at Tim Hortons were very long. Many places have you working for up to 4-6 hours, whereas Tim Hortons goes to 8. When you work 5 hours or less, you get no breaks at all.

After having worked in the food industry as a fast food server, I am sure I would never want to do this for a living. Many clients are rude about their orders. I can't even imagine how bad it could be at Starbucks where people are even more ruthless with their orders.
Pros
30% off menu and free hot beverages.
Cons
Long hours, short breaks, some rude customers
Challenging and very fast paced
Crew Worker (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ONJune 1, 2016
A typical day would start off at the cashier position taking orders. Would generally be very fast paced and often challenging to satisfy the customer. Swap between drive thru constantly, and later be working with heavy lifting in the back. I learned most of the heavy labour while at the job - and the management was tolerable, as so my co-workers. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the fact pace mentality that Tim Hortons offers, but have developed a multitasking attitude. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing a smile on the customer's face - very satisfying.
Pros
Decently Long Breaks
Cons
Heavy Lifting
very good working environment
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 3, 2016
I appreciated the opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment where I could interact with new faces on a daily basis. I learned a lot about customer service skills and how to respond to difficult customers/situations. I also learned how to multi-task.The hardest part of the job was being the only employee in the store at times; it can be challenging to cover the positions of a sandwich maker and cashier when there are multiple customers. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the familiar faces of regular customers, and knowing exactly how to respond to their order of "the usual".
Pros
half-priced
Tim Hortons
Cashier & Food Maker (Former Employee) –  London, ONJune 16, 2016
My typical day at work was usually get there, then sit and wait for 5 minutes before i actually start. Then i would usually go to the drive thru and take orders, Make the coffee and make the food that the customers would want. I learned how to become more comfortable with people you just meet. Also that i need to get out of my comfort zone. The management there and also the co workers were nice and they all worked really hard in the work place and that influenced me a lot. The hardest part about the job was the rush hrs.
Pros
Discounts on the food.
Cons
The hours hours with few people working.
Pretty Decent!
Cashier and Barista (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ONJune 9, 2016
Good culture in store, everyone friendly enough. Sometimes became stressful, but management stepped in appropriately to assist. I learned to cope with this stress, and became much stronger with customer service, specifically talking to people I didn't know! The most difficult times came when the crew was surprised by a wave of customers, but these times served as great challenges.
Pros
Free coffee, discounted food while on the job
Cons
Waves of customers
Dependant on location and owner
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Niagara, ONJune 18, 2016
Overall, Tim Horton's is a great entry level job... enjoyable for the first 6 months if you're working with great people. Teaches you communication and multitasking skills, and gives you a basic understanding of work policies and health and safety mandates.
Short of that; it's awful.
Underpaid, underappreciated, horrible benefits, excessive pressure from head office with unrealistic expectations.
No advancement opportunities.
No raises.. You can work for the company for 9 years and be paid the same amount as someone who was hired tomorrow.
Pros
Relaible schedule/hours
Cons
No advancement or raises, unrealistic expectations from head office
i like work here
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJune 13, 2016
i will glade to work with Tim Hortons ,i like the enviroment inside here.
may be on a typical some gud some bad experince but we should do work with calm&patience.
i learned a lot of things like leadership,honesty,hardwork,punctuality,etc
i like way of talking supervisor,manager and owner they all are helpful
co-worker awesome,super some time we are hurry we can do some mistake but they always follow fifo.
whenever there is any sepical day then there are many customers
when we get our sale goles,some time exceeds our old goals,enjoy with team members.
productive and good customer service
STORE FRONT ATTENDANT (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 14, 2016
Good quality service must be provided at all times especially that we are handling food products. Team work is necessary to achieve your daily goals. Management is well-rounded and over-looks at the situation to divide the work among the employees. Hardest part of the job is not to perform effectively due to rush or coordination with each other. I enjoy having lots of friends and some clients are also being my friends too.
Pros
friends
Cons
long standing hours