Tim Hortons

Tim Hortons Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fast Paced but Enjoyable Nonetheless
Employee/Cashier (Former Employee), Richmond HillJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: free drinks at the end of a shift!
Cons: fast pace can be stressful!
A typical day at Tim Horton's was, get in uniform, punch in, and check the board for the work duty you would perform for the day. It could be anything from drive thru coffee maker, to front cashier, to bagel bar (making sandwiches and bagels), and your side duty would be either clean the washrooms, mop the floors, restock the fridges and dried goods or runner (get the side parts of orders such as a ten pack of Tim bits or a chocolate milk from the fridge). You had to be quick about everything, from the way you spoke and filled an order to cleaning and taking orders from customers to maintaining overall good customer service.

I learned how to complete orders to the best of my ability with haste. I learned how to prepare various types of sandwiches and beverages as well as how to restock them when the materials used to make them ran low. I also learned how to provide excellent customer service by tone of voice, pace and body language (smiling).

Management was tough and professional. My managers were all strict when it came to rules and regulations and motivational when it came to being quick. They all expressed a concern with customer service and fast service.

My co-workers were mostly pleasant and easy to work with and together as a team. Each one of them had something valuable to bring to the workplace.

The hardest part of the job is obvious, the fast pace. It was stressful at first to keep up with everybody else who were already well adjusted to the pace of the work. It was difficult to always meet the expectations of the managers, they had very high expectations and no – more... one was exempt from them.

Drive thru coffee is by far the fastest place to be stationed and my favourite because time passes so quickly when you work there during the "rush" hours and times of the day. The other enjoyable portion of the work was the relationships I made and had working at Tim Horton's. The workers were pleasant and positive whenever I was down or stressed one of them would always find the right thing to say to cheer me back up! Overall an excellent experience in a fast paced food-chain workplace. – less
Productive environment
Store Front Clerk (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 24, 2015
Working at Tim Hortons was always fun, the customer service skills I attained from the job are countless, this job consists of constant teamwork with co-workers as well as management. The hardest part of the job is to carry out a order within required time while providing excellent customer service but which became really easy after working there for about two weeks.
Good minimum wage job
Customer Service (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONJanuary 24, 2015
Typical day is serving customers, making food and drinks, and cleaning.
You learn time management and how to work in a fast paced environment.
Great learning and skill developing environment
Supervisor (Former Employee), London, ONJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: free lunches, tim points, and being recognized for a job well done.
Cons: finding the time to complete cleaning and stalking tasks
at typical day at work consists of providing excellent customer service by completing their orders very fast, accurately and friendly.

I learned so much from this job. I learned how to lead a team, multitask, provide excellent customer service, and to set priorities.

Management was amazing, they were very supportive and went out of their way to help me succeed.

I was very lucky to have great co-workers who meshed with my working style.

The hardest part of the job was finding time to get everything done on the shift.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working with my co-workers and knowing I gave 120% every day.
A place to gain lots of experience in this field of work and to learn new things
Cashier/Team Member (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 23, 2015
I had a very pleasant time while working at Tim Horton's. I was able to learn about health and safety regulations as well as how to properly handle food and how to sanitize my work station. This is the first time that I was able to learn these things so I am very thankful for that. I also learned how to work properly and efficiently in a fast-paced environment. This job helped me to learn how to not get stressed when I am overwhelmed, and I have figured out how to deal with customers who are happy, sad, angry, etc.
It was very short but it taught me very important basics of any job e.g. time management, customer importance, job ethics.
Guest service representative (Former Employee), Toronto, OnJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: free coffee
Cons: unexpected shift hours
On job hours it was full of duties and work which continuously engaged me towards work and it also gave me fluency with my duties.
I learned how to treat different types of customers in different ways.
e.g. detailed customers get served with details, frustrated customer can be served with apology and rewards.
Management was very well balanced and unbiased which was the best part i liked about it.
I used to work with different co-workers from different culture but there was one common thing about them and it was helping nature in every situation which gave me enough time and easy space to grow in an organization.
The hardest part of the job was to learn how to make sandwich keeping in mind the quality standard and time. initially I was fighting with that but with the help of seniors and my supervisor I learned it.
Most enjoyable part of the job was the time I spent of the floor because every co-worker working there were so easygoing and helpful that it made my time easy and full of useful learning.
Fun, fast pace, learning environment
Customer service representative (Former Employee), Gatineau, QCJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: flexibility
Cons: inconsistent schedule
Serve the clients
Prepare the breakfast and lunches
Change the coffee when needed
Clean the eating area
Wash the dishes
Take-out the garbage

I have learned how to prepare sandwiches, how to collaborate and work in teams. I have also learned how to multi-task (e.g. taking orders, preparing the coffee, and cleaning)

I have learned how to manage my time more accordingly

The hardest part of my job was managing customers and other workplace duties, when there is a shortage of employees

The most enjoyable part of the job was taking my clients' order and learning about all the different combinations, drinks, and food mix.
fast friendly service
Storefront/Drive thru clerk (Former Employee), Langley, BCJanuary 22, 2015
Fun place to work where you are not just an employee your family and life long friends.
great company with excellent sense of community involvment
Cashier (Former Employee), NewMinas NSJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: free coffee, employee discounts health benefits
Cons: manager uses papper products that touch floor to save $, yells at employees in store front
I personally enjoyed working here other then the store i worked for in new Minas could improve on employee moral in respects to management
Fun happy work place
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Penetanguishene, ONJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: liked all the costumers
Cons: lots of change over with staff
I worked at Tim Hortons for 7 years.
I really did like my job but then I moved to Oshawa so I had to quit.
I worked all shifts when I worked at Tim Hortons, always did like the change.
I always did enjoy working with everyone and the costumers made my day even better.
productive and fun place to work, always try to accommodate our hours
Counter Person Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Kapuskasing, ONJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: enjoy working with staff, always learning something new
Cons: salary
I enjoy working with the public and learning new skills every day, I've learned, baking, working the cash register, taking orders and preparing them, how to prepare the money for cash to start shift, prepare cash deposits, log waste and other bills in computer, organizing staff replacements.
Tiring Job but Fun
Storefront crew (Former Employee), Dundas East Mississauga OntarioJanuary 21, 2015
Working at Tim Hortons gave me a lot of things to learn about food industry business. working here, i learned how to deal with a lot peoples personality and attitude; most especially on how to satisfied them with the service that they need as our guest.
Fun workplace and my co-workers are friendly
baker (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: all foods are free
Cons: for my shift, no time to give to my friends and some other activities..
I learned how to communicate more to others, don't be shy to ask someone in your seniority , be fair everyone is equal , give respect to one another as you want how you're going to be treated back , hardest part of the job is that when really its busy I ran out of every products and I have to catch up or else we won't have any sales and mostly the enjoyable part of the job is when customers give's me a compliment and says your donuts looks delicious , coz when I work, I focus on what I have to do, don't leave mess after my shift and always accept your mistakes,
Good for school kids or starters
Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Surrey, BCJanuary 21, 2015
Good company to start as a customer service experience. Although basic pay and little benefits.
Fast pace environment
Cashier/ Baker (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: co workers
Cons: not enough hours, pay
- I work in the drive thru, so I am used to a fast pace environment.
- As soon as I get to work, I do all my jobs on the job list.
- Stock whatever needs to be stocked daily.
- Serve customers.
- Make beverages and food.
- Working here in the drive thru has made me learn how to multitask.
Very good job for student
Storefront, Baker (Current Employee), Leamington, ONJanuary 20, 2015
Tim Horton's is a fantastic place to work for the average student. It allows you to have flexible hours so you can work around school. Perfect for keeping a life balance as your every day student. Great team environment and great people to work with
Team Member (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: on
Cons: your
just awful. no mgmnt. no hours. skin burns off with so much washing
Fun, energetic place to work
Coffee Kiosk Team Member (Part-time) (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: meeting new people, and also getting to know the regulars
Cons: no freebies. :(
A typical day at work includes making and serving coffee (of course). Since I am usually working evenings, I am also responsible for cleaning all equipment and restocking the products prior to leaving. The rest of the Tim Horton's crew is great to work with, as are the Safeway employees. The best part of the job is always meeting new people.
working in service customer foof and bevrage
Customer Service Food and drinks (Former Employee), Edmundston, NBJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: free coffee
Cons: salery and wage
enjoy working with team of professional workers ,addressing public issues and demands .
dealing with difficult customer see it as challenging and enjoy having personal interaction in trying to give best and professional service .
Well-managed workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: no doubles, structured
Cons: unforgiving management, confined environment
Tim Hortons is a well-structured, well-maintained workplace. Everything is done on the hour and management is tight about making everything look clean and presentable. Sometimes this restricts the freedom of the employees, but in the end it's for the benefit of the customer. Just beware: you don't get many chances with these people.

1 2 3 4 5

About Tim Hortons

Tim Hortons Inc. is a Canadian fast casual restaurant known for its coffee and doughnuts. It is also Canada's largest fast food – Read more