Tim Hortons Employee Reviews

Found 6,832 reviews matching the search
Birthplace for great friendships
Storefront Staff/Baker (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC22 April 2017
When it was busy, everyone seemed to pull together and you could definitely feel the team atmosphere...like a well oiled machine. Great friendships were grown here.
Great Place For Skill Building
Tim Hortons Team Member (Current Employee) –  Naniamo22 April 2017
Busy Mornings
Practice Food Safety/ Excellent Costumer Service
Management Changes, Promotions To Supervisor/Manager With Training
All Cultures Are Respected In the work place
Pros
During Shift Hours Free Coffee and, Donuts. %50 Off Food and Drink
Cons
Fast Paced
Customer service
Store Front Employee (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON22 April 2017
learn good customer service skills. cleaning that are. fast working, team work. prepare food, prepare coffee.make a bill payment. good housekeeping. Everything was good.
a comfortable working environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 April 2017
Working at tim horton's helped me gain costumer service skills and improve my interaction with costumers. the other employess make the environment comfortable and easy to learn from. the only dowside is the lack of hours i am given to work i have to call the manager frequently to ask if there's any available shifts i'm rarely put on a rotating work schedule.
creative and productive customer service experience
Storefront/Tilt Cashier (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB22 April 2017
learned safety guidelines,food and temperature measurements,
nice workplace,mix community cultures,nice team work,
good customer service skills,client relationships
Pros
free lunches
Cons
not enough hours
good co-workers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON22 April 2017
It's good working in a place where people are helping you to learn and teaching you how to be a good employee. I am happy to be able to work with a good team.
Very fast paced and physically demanding
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Komoka, ON21 April 2017
The job requires that you not only serve customers but clean and stock the store, clean the area outside the store, clean and maintain equipment and do this while hitting an hourly target of customers served. There is no such thing as just being a cashier! The customers are either really great or horrible. You might work as early as 6am or as late as 11pm and if you are part time your hours are not very consistent. For teenagers it is a great work experience because they learn a lot about helping customers and each other and about responsibility and commitment.
Pros
The range of hours makes it possible for anyone to find work.
Cons
Doing the same function for 8 hours can be challenging.
looking for a new position with room to grow.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON21 April 2017
: I
have many years of positive experience with customer service. Trained new staff in many areas of store.maintain a positive environment. Assignments were made in a time fashion. ....overall I am am confident that with my experience and knowledge I can be a good asset to your company. ......
decent
Cashier/Baker (Former Employee) –  Rothesay, NB21 April 2017
i loved working at tim hortons, would have liked it 100% if i was at a different store. management is bad and very stressful. bu making tips is very well worth it
customer service,
Customer service (Former Employee) –  downtown21 April 2017
not the job for me
Tim Hortons Team Member (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NS21 April 2017
no review at this time, I was not happy with the work that I did there. it was a survival job and I did not feel part of the team, if I didn't have kids to support I wouldn't of been there
Friendly environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 April 2017
I enjoyed working at Tim Hortons. It was a great experience, I learned a lot while I was working there. My skills improved at this workplace. I learned to be patient. Overall it was a learning experience.
Great People
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON20 April 2017
The staff is very good but management isn't good. They don't believe their staff over a customer complaint. I was told i don't fit into the Tim Horton's style.
sweetest company to belong
Baker- partime (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ON20 April 2017
as the partime baker my responsibility was to check from time to time the display in the store..i learned that being friendly to your coworkers helps a lot.. i enjoyed the job and the discount that i avail..
Pros
great discounts on tim hortons foods and drinks
good student job
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON20 April 2017
perfect part time job for students. management in my experience was very bipolar with their treatment of employees. we had a shortage of night staff which cause me some issues.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
not the most fun job for night staff
fun workplace
Front Counter Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Amherst, NS20 April 2017
typical day would be to make customers coffee, serve sandwiches, donuts, timbit, and drinks. Make sure the washroom is clean. Inspect the outside of the building make sure its safe
Pros
discounts
Cons
not enough hours
Hard-working staff, apathetic and inconsiderate managerial team
Night Shift/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Colborne, ON20 April 2017
The staff at Tim Horton's are hard-workers who are dedicated to fulfilling the requirements of their respective positions. However, supervisor and manager positions at this location were fixed, and the possibility of moving up was slim. The managers were extremely uneducated in dealing with conflict, and spoke down to new employees they did not favour.
There is no lunch-break for staff; rather, two breaks (either 15 or 20 minutes each, depending on the length of your shift) are provided during your shift. The break times are determined by the shift supervisor; however, the preferences of senior staff members will always be prioritized, thus fixing certain people's break-times. There are no free lunches, no benefits, and most locations do not allow staff members to accept tips (the location I served did allow for staff to collect tips, but this decision is determined by store owners).
Working here, you will learn how to work hard on your feet, how to follow instructions, and how to speak to your superiors and to customers. You will not be respected for your work by the general public, but the connections you establish with your coworkers will be unique and fulfilling.
Productive and fun place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC20 April 2017
This is a job where we are in a lot of contact with people. There is a very nice team to manage. We are also in contact with the district manager. I had the chance to organize the opening of a branch with the management !
Was a nice start
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB20 April 2017
They have grown so much in last couple years and have lost a lot of whats made them a great place to work. Pay is not enough for what the expect from there employees, both regular team members and management. The goals set out by the higher ups are not even realistic anymore.
Pros
Benefits and discounts
Cons
Excpectations for pay income
Fun place!
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC20 April 2017
I only worked at Tim Hortons for a short amount of time in my graduating year in high school, however it was a great learning experienced. I learned how to handle not only food and drinks but costumers early in the morning and late at night.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tim Hortons. Our community is ready to answer.