Tim Hortons
2,148 reviews

Tim Hortons Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A fast paced environment, but not much room for advancement.
Cashier (Former Employee), Kemptville, ONApril 15, 2014
Pros: free coffee and donuts.
Cons: not great pay, and hours not very family friendly.
I liked the job, but the people I worked with were unreliable and judgmental. There wasn't much room for advancement and raises weren't very frequent or reflective of hard work. A typical day included serving coffee, dealing with customers and preparing food. The hardest part of the job was dealing with dissatisfied customers, but it was nice getting – more... to know the regulars and knowing what they wanted before they even ordered it. – less
My experience at Tim Horton's
cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 15, 2014
Cons: nothing
I have learnt how to work in a team and how to achieve goal by working together.

I have also learned how to manage time during busy time.
nice place to work
Floor Hand (Former Employee), Keswick, ONApril 15, 2014
It was a good fit for me when I was still in school. It was easy to manage arround my school scheduled
Fun workplace
Cashier (Current Employee), Calgary, ABApril 14, 2014
I learnt Canadian culture , and I gained my team working skills by working at Tim Hortons.
Quiet Workplace with Lots of Busywork
Store Front Employee (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONApril 14, 2014
Pros: free donuts/coffee
Cons: little assistance from co-workers, no breaks
The most enjoyable part about the job was definitely the serenity to do taskwork such as organizing and stocking while the store was empty. There was never a point in the day where I didn't have something to do. It was normally pretty steady, despite being midnights, and once I got in the groove of things, I managed to prove myself as an efficient employee.
Tim Horton's Brookedale Plaza
Production Manager (Former Employee), Peterborough, ONApril 14, 2014
worst place I ever worked, the owners had asked me to move here from the lakefield location which i was enjoying until i made the switch, the management sucked and when i asked to move the owners said they were tired of helping me!
fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Brampton, ONApril 13, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: long hours
fast and energetic
learned coffee making team work
management very appreciative
great co worker
hardest part drive- thru
Hated working at this branch
Supervisor (Former Employee), Morningside and sheppardApril 13, 2014
Cons: bad management, terrible treatment of staff
I hated working at the branch of morningside and sheppard. Employee turnover is very high.
Great learning experience
Team Member (Current Employee), Whitby, ONApril 12, 2014
I enjoyed learning about television production, directing and editing
Supervisor
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Dieppe, NBApril 11, 2014
Pros: getting to meet new people, especially the regulars who become more of a friend
Cons: dealing with short staff but comes with being a supervisor
Ready the store for 5am opening. Making sure safe and cash is correct, store is ready (counter and eat in area). Plan the position charts for the crew so they know what stations they are at or what will be their duties for the day. Deal with any issues that arise during the day being staff or customers. Making sure the change over from one shift to – more... another has been advised of any changes or issues. – less
ok
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 11, 2014
job is ok if your good in fast pace environment. Sometimes management needs to organize work better.
decent
Baker/Server (Former Employee), Barrie, ONApril 10, 2014
Good Job, enjoyed it, can be hard at time, lots of multitasking
fun place to work
Supervisor (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONApril 10, 2014
I have learned a lot at Tim Hortons. Its a fast paced environment and work well with other team mates.
once was a fun workplace
SUPERVISOR / ASSITANT MANAGER (Current Employee), Port Colborne, ONApril 10, 2014
Pros: full time, days shifts
Cons: working all weekends
I have been working at this job for over five years, and four of those years being in management. I would just like a fresh start with something new and exciting .
Hardest part of the job is trying to get along with someone who is not so people friendly.
Best part of my job is helping younger students become independent, learn how to work and grow up.
Great Workplace
Supervisor (Current Employee), Pembroke, ONApril 9, 2014
I love working at Tim Hortons because I'm immersed with the customers. I love to interact on a personal level with them. I get along great with co-workers. We have fun on the job, but also get the job done.
fun place to work at, great experiance, great coustomers
cashier (Current Employee), vaughan ONApril 9, 2014
take customer's orders, promptly make orders correct and hand to customers.
tims
cash
drive threw
Fun environment
STORE DESIGNER - US RENOVATION (Former Employee), Oakville, ONApril 8, 2014
Had a great run of US stores and made some new friends through work network relationships.
Productive and fun workplace
Storefront (Former Employee), Essex, ONApril 8, 2014
I loved my co-workers. We always had a fun productive day together. The hardest part was getting our drive thru times.
Fast, serious but fun work place.
supervisor (Former Employee), Lindsay on.April 7, 2014
Pros: seeing how just a simple hello and smile could make peoples day.
Cons: un satisfied customers.
Working at Tim Hortons I learned a lot. I learned how important it is to work in a fast pace setting to give the customers what they pay for and to make it to the best of my abilities.
I learned a lot about tills and money, closing the store.
Tim Hortons was a very fast pace but enjoyable work place. It helped me grow in attitude and lots more. With – more... just a simple please thank you and smile your customers return. I got along with all my co-workers. There is no time to argue or show differences for you are all there for the same reason. Satisfying customers. It was a very friendly place to go to work to everyday. The hardest part of the job was dealing with un satisfied customers, or making refunds. The most enjoyable part was seeing how happy people got after they get what they needed and were leaving with a smile. I liked when customers learned your name and came in not only to get their coffee but to get it from you. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Tim Hortons

Tim Hortons Inc. is a Canadian fast casual restaurant known for its coffee and doughnuts. It is also Canada's largest fast food – Read more