Tim Hortons
3,305 reviews

Tim Hortons Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Unwilling to Hire suitable amount of staff
Supervisor/Team Leader (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Advancement Opportunities for Anyone who works hard. Good Full time coworkers
Cons: Sporadic hours, don't schedule enough people during busy times
Staffing was the biggest issue. Most full time people are awesome and hardworking, but all the kids neglect their shifts and make it harder for everyone.
Fast-paced environment that required a good team member
Team Member (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Interaction with co-workers and customers
Cons: Long hours
A typical day at work included continuous interaction with customers, whether it was through the Drive-Thru or the front cash register. It also involved the preparation of food and beverages for customers. Occasionally, it included inventory management. Through this job, I developed effective communication skills. I also learned how to work with a team. The job was very fast-paced and I was able to learn how to work fast, with a team while also ensuring all my customers left with a smile on their face. The essential part of being successful at this job was having a good relationship with the management and co-workers. If one did not have the right relationship with their co-workers, we would not be able to work as a team and fulfill all our customer's needs. The hardest part of the job was preparing the food and beverages, however, our ability to work fast and satisfy all our different types of customers as quick as possible was the most enjoyable part.
Great people to work with
Team Member (Former Employee), Kingston, ONMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Wonderful people
Cons: small working space
Although they had to let me go due to company level issues, I really felt I made some good relationships with the people I worked with. They were also very understanding when issues came up.
Fun place to be with friends
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Guelph, ONMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Good food
Worked there in high school and it was the perfect job for me back then. Coworkers were great and every day was fun. Hours were very flexible.
A busy and fun place to work at.
Team Member (Former Employee), Milton, ONMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Teaches you patience, staff discounts while on shift
Cons: No employee benefits
A typical day working at Tim Hortons was productive. Time usually flew by since the specific location I worked at was extremely busy.
Working at Tim Hortons definitely improved my communication skills. I learned how to work on a cash register, and deal with money. The most difficult part of my job at Tim Hortons was to deal with rude customers. I was able to resolve most of the problems the customers had. My co-workers were friendly and it was a productive place to work at.
There are worse places to work.
Storefront Employee/Baker (Former Employee), Oshawa OntarioMarch 29, 2015
If you get a good manager, the hours are good as well as the days you work. The money isnt that great but you do get 40hrs/week if you are full time and my location was fairly accommodating.
a place where i can learn new things
Customer Service (Current Employee), AlbertaMarch 27, 2015
i like when it busy and everything is flowing in the right order. i always get along with the manager and all my co-workers. i work all station but i like drive-tru beverage the best.
Productive and fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 26, 2015
I enjoyed working at Tim Hortons, my co-workers were friendly and very helpful. It was a fast paced restaurant but I found it exhilerating.
It's fast food
Supervisor (Current Employee), Markham, ONMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Flexible scheduling
Cons: Broken Culture
The only great perk about working at the Tim Hortons location I work at is the flexible hours other than that, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. The culture is beyond broken. Employees treat customers poorly and customers treat employees poorly. It's a situation that cannot be fixed. The work during peak hours is brutal; it's cheap labour that's completely unfair to those working.
working at Tim Horton's
Customer Service Fast Food (Former Employee), Kingston OntarioMarch 26, 2015
Cons: long hours
The most enjoyable part of this job was the customers. I built rapport with the customers and made sure that their order was correct as they ordered it. I can't say much for my co-workers as most of the time it was a good environment to work in, as I found a lot of my co-workers not enjoying what they did, so I watched them bring that on when they served our guest.

I was there for almost 3 years and besides that most of the time I enjoyed my time there as I would motivate my co-workers and bring smiles to my guests face.
Productive, fast pace, wonderful daily customers
Hostess / Storefront (Former Employee), Fredericton, NBMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Daily customers, fast pace, positive work environment
Cons: Constant gossip
Typical days are fast pace, and enjoyable.
Co-workers and daily customers were a motivation to come into work.
I learned that a smile can change how a person perceives you.
The hardest part of the job was the fact I worked near an exhibition ground. Whenever an event was going on, there was hundreds of people coming in and out.
The most enjoyable was getting to know the people within my work place.
good work place
Cashier (Former Employee), Squamish, BCMarch 25, 2015
I really enjoyed working at Tim Hortons. It was a really fun environment to work in. I even recommended that my son work there.
Flexible with Hours
Night Shift Baker / Storefront Cashier (Current Employee), HamiltonMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Team member
While attending full time at Mohawk College for the past two years, Tim Hortons has been very flexible with my hours and accommodating around my schedule.
Day and Life at Tim Hortons
Supervisor/Trainer/Baker (Current Employee), Paris, ONMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Staff Discounts while on shift
Cons: Long days working on your feet.
A typical work day consists of ensuring the positioning chart is completed and paper work is completed prior to the beginning of the shift. From there serving customers is the number 1 priority. As a supervisor, I am held responsible for ensuring breaks are ran on time and daily job specs are completed prior to shift change. Communication is key in this atmosphere a long with ensuring all staff are in a positive atmosphere whether it's during a slow period or a busy rush.
Excellent company to work for and to build personal skills
Customer Service (Current Employee), Port Hope, ONMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Great hard working staff that also makes the workplace fun, flexible hours.
Cons: No cons come to mind
The main objectives in this workplace are order accuracy, customer service and drive-thru window times. Achieving drive-thru times is by far the hardest part of my job and at the same time my favourite. I strive to do the best job I can everyday of work.
Tim Horton's was my first job so I have gained a lot of valuable skills over the years such as; teamwork, efficiency, communication, initiative, etc.
A good place to start a first job.
Baker (Current Employee), Pembroke, ONMarch 24, 2015
Learning about the work environment, what is expected of your work ethic. Learn customer relations, manage difficult situations. Learn a bit about yourself and how you perceive a career in retail. A food chain is a good place to find out the hidden questions of the working class and about your own talents.
Tim Horton's
Customer Service (Former Employee), Havelock, ONMarch 23, 2015
Pros: free food, good coworkers, lots to do to keep you busy
Cons: long slows periods in the winter which would reduce hours
Working at Tim Horton's was probably the best job I have had. I have nothing bad to say about the company, job, or coworkers. I would make coffee and food for customers as well as make sure my station is clean, and all food was at a safe temp when I was working on the soup and sandwich station, and that all the customers are taken care of. The hardest part of the job was when it got busy. No one likes waiting in lines and we tried to get people through as quickly as possible and sometimes that can be hard. It wasn't a bad job thought lots of early morning shifts but I enjoyed the work
fast paced restaurant, fun to work with people
Counter Staff (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBMarch 23, 2015
clean tables, clean dishes, clean bathrooms, etc.
I've learned to do things fast.
I love working with people.
The hardest part is doing lots at the same time.
Unstable work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), the Bowmanville store in Wal MartMarch 23, 2015
Pros: it was full time
Cons: the fast paced work
a typical day: punch in find out where I was working and make sure everything was stocked and enough coffee was ready, server customer do my assigned chores, I learned how to make different types of beverages, the manager was nice, my co worker were younger and were in a click and I was an outsider. The hardest part was keeping up with the coffee and the most enjoyable part was that it was full time
Fun Work place
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 23, 2015
Work place is fun and cooperative however standing for longer hours drains out your body pretty quick. Plus the pay wasn't sufficient for the amount of efforts one put into work. A good work place for starters

1 2 3 4 5

About Tim Hortons

Tim Hortons Inc. is a Canadian fast casual restaurant known for its coffee and doughnuts. It is also Canada's largest fast food – Read more