Tim Hortons

Tim Hortons Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Busy and Fast
Associate (Current Employee), Mississauga, OntarioJune 29, 2015
• Providing high quality customer service to clients
• Examining, cleaning and sterilizing all facilities between every sta
• Generate the bill and collect payments
Productive Workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee), Cainsville, ONJune 28, 2015
Co-workers were very fun to work with. Good memories, good laughs. Poor management and poor work hours. Best part of the job was interacting with regular everyday customers.
At a loss for words as the demands are many and the rewards limited!
Cook/Prep (Current Employee), Edson, ABJune 28, 2015
Pros: Free food and hot beverages
Cons: Not a good balance between day and night shifts and limited growth potential!
A typical day includes exhaustive challenges as is expected from the nature of the beast with an always supportive management that is about personal growth and development. However the red tape and politics soon exhaust one leaving one questioning and searching for solutions and answers!
Busy
Team Member (Former Employee), New Westminster, BCJune 28, 2015
Its so busy so so busy , busy Its so busy so so busy , busy Its so busy so so busy , busy Its so busy so so busy , busy Its so busy so so busy , busy Its so busy so so busy , busy Its so busy so so busy , busy Its so busy so so busy , busy Its so busy so so busy , busy Its so busy so so busy , busy Its so busy so so busy , busy Its so busy so so busy , busy Its so busy so so busy , busy Its so busy so so busy , busy
Busy and Fun Workplace
Supervisor (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 27, 2015
Pros: Free Food, Movie tickets, wonderland tickets, health insurance, etc
Cons: Super busy, no fixed hours
Working at Tim Hortons is amazing.My typical day starts with a Managers walk-through followed up by determining shift objectives, allocating tasks with secondary duties and positioning staff.I supervise all the activities along with helping the store front, expedite and handle customer quarries.I close cash registers, post banking information in the system and make bank deposits.
I have learned a lot about management operations, cost control and handling human resources.
I work with a team of 18 employees from different nationalities which is very exciting. It makes work fun and happening.
I honestly do not find anything hard about this job expect for the fact that it drains all the energy out of you by the end for the shift.
For me the most enjoyable part of the job is setting target performance for my staff.
Taylorist
Team Member (Former Employee), Windsor ONJune 27, 2015
Fast-food with emphasis on speed to meet (largely unreasonable) time objectives. Tips from high-volume drive-through stores can offset the high-stress environment.
Wonderful staff
Supervisor (Former Employee), Montague, PEJune 25, 2015
Going to work was almost always fun. Good connections were easily made between co-workers and regular guests. Hours were easily obtained.
Lovely late nights, baking
Overnight Supervisor in Training (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJune 24, 2015
Pros: Free hot beverages, drinks and dougnuts were good, training for supervising was a plus
Cons: Morning employees were unreasonably strict and angry towards overnight staff
Training to work overnights, logging notes, ensuring delivery of goods in the morning. It was enjoyable, and the food was good.
Fun work envirment
Team Member (Former Employee), OttawaJune 24, 2015
Pros: Free drinks
Cons: A lot of chores
Really great work environment, management is great and friendly. The hours are flexible and management help to work around your schedule. The co-workers are nice and all work in a team to work faster and to serve customers as quick as possible. the most enjoyable part of the job was working as a team with people that you get along with.
Fun place to work and great coworkers
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Georgetown, ONJune 24, 2015
Pros: Great working environment, friendly co-workers
Cons: Annoying customers
Working at Tim Hortons for the past 8 years has really opened my eyes. I enjoy going to work because of the people I work with. The staff is great and we all get along great. The job itself is not difficult, however, make it right is a large part of the Tim Hortons moto, customers are not always the most forgiving in all circumstances. Being part of the management team has given me experience in customer services at all levels in the store, accuracy, Scheduling, Purchasing, Managing cash flow and Inventory control.

Overall, it is a great experience and I would highly recommend it.
Great enviroment.
Cashier/Team Member (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONJune 23, 2015
Pros: Multicultural
A typical day at work would be being organized with my surroundings once I start my shift and prepare to work.
I learned how to multitask and work at a fast paced level.
The management are absolutely nice people!
The co-workers are awesome to work with!
fun place to work
Financial Analyst, Financial Systems (Former Employee), Oakville, ONJune 23, 2015
Great management. Always provided opportunities for learning and had an open door policy for all members on the team. Provided many opportunities to work with other departments on projects.
awesome
Team Member (Current Employee), torontoJune 22, 2015
i learned alot while working tim hortons, soo much about people and how to deal with being a cashier, working with team members. my co-workers are very helpful
was a great job
counter staff/ supervisor (Former Employee), Castlegar, BCJune 22, 2015
it was a fun job. i felt like family with this crew. we worked well and got stuff done in a effienct manner. i learned how to make certian things in a great time manner
Take customer's order , Prepare coffee and sandwich, Secondary Duties (Cleaning)
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBJune 21, 2015
Tim Hortons Regent is a busy store mostly my schedule is morning. I learned a lot especially taking orders there are different customers that you will enounters every day and always to do the 3 things always smile, polite & patience.
Quite good choice as part-time job
Storefront Worker (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJune 21, 2015
Pros: have the chance to know people from local
Cons: sometimes can be so busy
Honestly, pretty good experience as my first job in Canada. Gotta to know lots of nice teammates and customers. but surely this is not the job that can keep it for long time.
front counter
tim hortons. front worker (Current Employee), fittons and west orillia ONJune 21, 2015
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: YOU HAVE TO PAY FOR YOUR FOOD OF SHIFT AND ONLY GET 15 MIN BREAKS
busy and on your feet and day providing for customers and doing chores..................................................................................and many other things
there are flaws
Storefront (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONJune 21, 2015
Pros: tips.
I never wanted to be on nights. They put me on nights. The managers and some morning staff blame night for the mess that we leave when we don't leave a mess. For nights we work our butts off to clean the store and bake some of the food. Management don't listen and instead of helping resolve issues they cut hours and point out the negatives. Don't get me wrong I don't hate working for Tim Hortons but it gets annoying when management nick picks on what way you finish something. Instead of having full time people they cut hours and hire more people. They need more staff for one shift but I see tons of people coming in and applying for the shift they are looking for, instead they hire for the opposite shift. Some customers and employees are extremely rude. Though I have a bunch of complaints there are a few amazing people who work at the store I currently work at. Some people actually have the store a bit clean and stocked before myself and my co worker starts which is awesome. Some days I just wish instead of the negative attitude that I see every time I work that I could see some positive.
Fast pace workplace
Crew Member (Former Employee), Amherst, NSJune 20, 2015
Pros: Tips
Cons: Management, very boring when not busy
Didn't really like the management here. Enjoyed making smoothies and drinks. Makes it more fun when fast paced and the people you are working with
I loved working for Tim Hortons
Team Member (Former Employee), Monkland, ONJune 20, 2015
Pros: Benefits, Great people, friendly work environment
I loved working at Tim Hortons. The idea of working together as a team rather than individually to reach a common goal was terrific. I love working with others and making the guests feel welcome.

1 2 3 4 5

About Tim Hortons

Tim Hortons Inc. is a Canadian fast casual restaurant known for its coffee and doughnuts. It is also Canada's largest fast food – Read more