Tim Hortons Employee Reviews

Found 7,737 reviews matching the search
Place to learn many things and make friends.
Sales Assistance (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 July 2017
Learned lots of goods things about people's behaviour and how to treat them accordingly. For an international student it is hard to find a job. But, this place always had a position for people who really wanted to work. I would definitely recommend this place for my new friends who is new to the Canadian culture to make sure they learn something they will always require.
Pros
Make new friends and extend your social network.
Cons
Had to stand up for 8 hours per shift.
Emplois
Hôte (Former Employee) –  Trois-Rivières, QC20 July 2017
Envisagez de ne pas y rester très longtemps. Conseillé aux étudiants seulement
Cons
Courte pause, Haut taux d'absentéisme
The place was great to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Corunna, ON20 July 2017
I worked midnight's at this restaurant, it was great to work for. You never have to worry about whether or not your getting paid, And the customers were great.
Great place to work, they invite you with open arms for whoever you are.
Store Front (Current Employee) –  Timmins, ON20 July 2017
Tim Hortons has always been great to me. Whenever I needed time off I got it. Sometimes it can be hectic and you can't handle it anymore but you always have your coworkers and managers to lean on when you've had a rough day
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Only getting 15 minute breaks
Fast Paced
Supervisor/Cashier (Current Employee) –  London, ON20 July 2017
I enjoy working at Tim Hortons. It is easy to catch on and a good work environment. The team work is amazing, and getting shifts covered has never been a problem.
Fast paced and Customer satisfaction oriented
Night Crew (Current Employee) –  Kirkland, QC20 July 2017
The day at work requires fast paced decision making and attention to the customer`s needs and wants. Sometimes you will need to step outside of your assigned job to assist another worker who is having some difficulty. However if one is respectful and kind one can get along quite well with the other employees. The most difficult aspect of the workplace is the constant need to adjust to the constant changes that are imposed on the various restaurants, but when all is done correctly and with courtesy, it feels good to see the smiles and hear the gratitude of the many customers.
Amazing place to work for
Hostess/ Food Counter Attendant (Former Employee) –  Fergus, ON20 July 2017
Great people to work with and for. Decent hours and amazing customers. I absolutely loved working for Tim Hortons and would recommend working here. Great flexability when working with restricted schedules.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
Don't have any complaints
Fast, friendly and efficient
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC19 July 2017
Tim Hortons was an excellent first job. I obtained many skills such as: learning how to handle money, polite customer service, and learning how to work as a team with my fellow co workers. When I received my promotion it became a whole new ball game. You had to be so much more aware of everything that is happening in the front of the house and back. Although challenging it provided a fun and exciting time for me and my staff!
Pros
Great Management, and consistent hours
Cons
Rude customers
Stressful, can be flexible hours
Counter Clerk (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON19 July 2017
Highly stressful, very fast-paced, but they can be flexible with hours/shifts. Customers are great. Most managers are too. Money doesn't equal work put in though.
Good customer service training
Tim Hortons Team Member (Former Employee) –  Lindsay, ON19 July 2017
Not the best working environment in the world but it's not completely dreadful. They have an excellent customer service training program but all other training is somewhat lacking.
Pros
Customer service training
Cons
Overall training is bad
always fresh
Counter Worker - Drive Thru Team Member (Former Employee) –  Marmora, ON19 July 2017
I find that quote a little bit of a lie, cause products there are not always fresh as people would deem them to be. It's not a bad place to work for although I wish they would follow what cooperate wanted not just do it when they come around. I find that very dishonest!!
worst place to work at ever
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Dieppe, NB19 July 2017
They don't give the right training, they push you for nothing and fire you for nothing and keep the horrible employees. they are very stupid I will never apply there again
Cons
stupid people
tim hourtons
Cashier (Current Employee) –  London, ON19 July 2017
great people to work with makes a days work a lot better as well as meeting new people and getting to know the costumers, regular customers are nice you know exactly what they order.
Pros
making new friends
Cons
the hours
Bonne équipe et gestions.
Caissière, bakeuse, service à la clientèle (Current Employee) –  Repentigny, QC , Montréal,19 July 2017
Servir le café n'est pas si simple que ça. Sa ma permis de travailler sur ma gestion du temps, de mes capacités. La chose la plus difficiles est de gérée mon stresse et combiner un bon travail.

La chose la plus agréable, est de créer des liens avec les clients et mes coéquipiers.
Good team work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON19 July 2017
a typical day at work would be making sure there is always fresh coffee, getting chores done. Serving customers in a friendly and timely manner. Just pretty much doing the best you can !
Pros
Tips
Cons
short staffed
my opinion
Front Counter Cashier (Former Employee) –  Stony Plain, AB19 July 2017
It was a fun team based work enviroment that did have rewards
A typical day of working at Tim Horton's would be prepare for the busy times usually in the morning or in the evening after most peoples work. Things I learned from Tim Horton's was how to keep organized even under times of pressure and excellent cash handling skills. Management kept us well informed of changes and would always take time to teach more.
Pros
steady work
Cons
odd hours at times
Good team members
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC18 July 2017
Love the staff I work with get along well with my supervisors I know most positions at Tim Hortons. A bit of a tight space at the location I work at but over all I love our regular customers.
Productive and Fun Fast- paced work environment
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Tecumseh, ON18 July 2017
Pros: Customer Interaction
Fast- paced
Employee Discounts
Rewards and Benefits

Cons: Not much room for advancement once you are an Assistant Manager
Unsteady Work schedule
Alive and Active workplace
Cashier/ Baker (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON18 July 2017
A typical day at Tim Horton's was always busy but it was enjoyable to work with such outgoing staff and meet amazing people through out our community going on with their daily lives.
Pros
Free Lunchs
Cons
distance too far
Good workplace
Tim Hortons Team Member (Former Employee) –  windsor18 July 2017
Very well organized and always on task. Management is good, coworkers are great. we give great advertising and the prices are great. Foods always fresh and baked from fresh.
Pros
everyone's organized
Cons
not enough hours given

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tim Hortons. Our community is ready to answer.