Tim Hortons Employee Reviews

Found 5,441 reviews matching the search
friendly and enjoyable environment
Cashier/ Food Counter Attendant (Former Employee) –  1877 Portage Avenue,WinnipegSeptember 3, 2016
Working at Tim hortons give me a great experience in life.I learned lots of things while working at Tim hortons like Responsibility,Team Work,Complete your work in given time limit,Organization of things at their proper place etc.My co-workers are very cooperative and ,helpful.There is no hardest part while working at Tim horton's every time is very Enjoyable.
Pros
free items for employer during lunchtime
Cons
cleanness of washrooms by employers
productive busy work within our small store
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  woodbine racetrackSeptember 12, 2016
Whenever there are live races lines never die down until evening time.
I've learned how to deal with many different types of customers both easy going and harder to talk to.
Management is not that great in creating schedules.
The hardest part of the job is dealing with rude customers and trying not to become frustrated when things become overwhelming.
The most enjoyable part of the job is making customers happy and having new regulars.
relevant working area and fun environment with good staff/ team members
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABSeptember 13, 2016
-typically its a busy and fast paced area where you can be able to maximize your time management , multi tasking and cooperation.
-i learned to be more responsible in my duties and responsibilities as a team leader.
-management is really good and also team members.
-the hardest part on the job is maybe learning new things as I go further on the job.
-making costumer satisfied and happy is the most enjoyable part.
Pros
50% off with all the products when we're in.
Cons
get tired after work
Productive and eager to learn
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCSeptember 10, 2016
At Tim Hortons, a typical day at work would be as soon as I start my shift, I have to check if every is refilled and to bring out anything that we will be needing later on the day. I will stay in my cash and control the floor from there such as who to send on break, who should clean the store, if it is not busy, choose who can go end their shift for the day, etc. Also, by the end of my shift, I have to make sure that all the supplies are refilled so the next shift can work.
Pros
getting to meet new people, learning new things
Great first job, bu that is all
Tim Hortons Team Member (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ONAugust 30, 2016
The co-workers are fantastic. However, the owners I worked for were a little harder to deal with. I found a lot of things unfair, and some even not following the labour law. The job itself is super easy. The hardest part for me was dealing with upset customers, but you can always resolve that. They are very flexible for when you need time off. Overall, it is a great place to have your first job, but move forward as soon as possible.
Pros
free tea, coffee and hot chocolate.
Cons
poor management.
loved this job...
Tim Hortons Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Stonewall, MBAugust 23, 2016
Worked for Tim Hortons for almost a year and became a supervisor within 3 short months of working there. I was the fastest on soup and sandwich and would often excel at the task that were given to me. Things started to be hard when other management members were treating me unfairly, said snarky remarks and all out made it very uncomfortable to even be in the workplace. We were told to always come to the manager if there was anyone making us feel uncomfortable but noone ever did anything about it, or if you did say something you were bound to be treated unfairly by the person you were trying to escape the problem from... Loved the job but found it very hard to fit in...
Pros
best job ever
Cons
workplace bullying
The higher up you are the less work it is.
Customer Service Representative and Baker (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BCAugust 24, 2016
I worked with Tim Hortons for quite some time. In that time I managed to make my way from a team member right up to the point where I was training to be an assistant manager. On thing that I had noticed is that the higher you moved in the company the less work you had to do. As a team member you have ridiculous levels of pressure to get everything done as fast as possible. The cars can't wait at the drive-thru window for more than a few seconds. As a supervisor however it was your job to make sure breaks are being run efficiently and that the tills don't have too much cash in them at any given time. It was significantly less stressful.
Pros
Free donuts on breaks.
good for students because of the flexible hours
Service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Quebec City, QCSeptember 19, 2016
Working at Tim Horton is good for students because they give flexible hours. We prepared coffees and food. We had to clean the place and do some other chores related to the job. The hardest part of the job was waking up at 5 am. I learned to be fast and productive. I also learned how to manage stressful situations and to cooperate with my co-workers. The most enjoyable part of the job is that we get to enjoy free coffee and donuts.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
standing on our feet for 8 hours
My time at Tim Hortons
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCSeptember 4, 2016
Working at Tim Hortons was enjoyable because the team we had was efficient but also fun to around. Working with people that have a positive attitude just make your job much easier.

I would start off my shift making sure everything is in order and that everybody has done their part before finishing. Occasionally helping the other supervisor with their registers, I'd also input my thoughts on how we could improve the store.

The hardest part of the job would be the space we had to work in. The tiniest of space working with 3 to 4 person. (Located in a gas station).
Its the perfect beginner job for anyone at any age !
Excellent team member (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, ONSeptember 6, 2016
A day at Tim Horton's is very fast paced and always busy no matter what time of day it is. You have to be able to handle the stress of working fast and accurately while also keeping a smile on your face! My other co workers were amazing, always there to help you if you were having trouble with something or you had a question, I ended up having an amazing bond with the other Tim Horton's team members. My manager was great, she was always so understanding about everything, but she also pushed us to make sure we grew to be the best we could possibly be!
Pros
Free coffee, perfect first job, flexible hours
Cons
Long hours with one half hour break
Last choice available
Cashier (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NLSeptember 10, 2016
Tim Hortons is a very basic level entry job for high school kids. If this is your first job it will teach you basic customer service skills that you will be able to take with you to any other job. At the same time it will also teach you to watch your back & to look out for number one. If you are looking for a "career" you better be willing to do a lot of "brown nosing" with the current management & be willing to throw your coworkers under the bus the first chance you get. The best part of the job is the days off.
Pros
None I can think of.
Cons
No Pros
My experience working at Tim Hortons
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONSeptember 9, 2016
I always thought my first job was going to be a lot of fun, don't get me wrong I made a lot of friends but some of the staff member where not all that pleasant. Most of the managers was always fighting with either 1 or not all the employees, they never really cared weather you had fallen or have burned yourself and that had happen to me. I hurt myself at work and went thru workers comp and got denied because they said I never got hurt the point of the fact is that I would work at Tim Horton's again but just not that location
Pros
free lunches
Cons
staff wasnt that friendly
I loved the work, altough lots of drama
Baker/Store Front/Drive Thru (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSSeptember 19, 2016
I loved the typical day to day tasks, and I learned how to use the equipment etc but I found that the employees were full of drama. The management was good. The hardest part of the job would probably be unruly customers. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to see how you can make a customers day just by serving them and having a smile on your face
Pros
50% off food and drinks while working
Cons
might have to work doubles, might have to work short staffed
Adaptable environment, and welcoming
Tim Hortons Team Member (Former Employee) –  Welland, ONSeptember 20, 2016
I worked here for a couple months, dealt with customers, handled their orders, did chores. I learned more skills about myself, as well as how to use a cash register. The management wasn't always the greatest. My coworkers were understanding but would bring drama into the work place. The hardest part about my job was accepting judgment if I happen to get an order wrong, and the most enjoyable about working at Tim Hortons would have to be the friendly daily customers.
Pros
A free coffee a day, understanding, tips were good.
Cons
Was listed as a part time worker, but was working full time hours
Good starting job for teens or New Canadians
Team Member/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Canmore, ABSeptember 22, 2016
Fast paced in and out service. Can learn; time management, better English (if not already 1st language) customer service, stress management, and how to smile thru the real feelings. Both locations in Canmore are owned by a wonderful family. The manager at the bow valley trail location personally I consider a great leader. The hardest part of the job is the go-go-go mentality but if your not afraid of a fast pace or want to learn how to work in a fast pace. The most enjoyable part of the job would have to be freshest coffee and freshest donuts!
Pros
Good Hours, Great experience, Great Management
Cons
Hard work, repetitive tasks
Challenging
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCSeptember 9, 2016
the job requires a lot of patience, a lot of balance, that's definitely something I learnt from Tim Hortons. being a part of the management required me to keep a friendly yet professional environment, so i usually got the jobs done by keeping them fun and necessary. I do not personally think any job is hard, when you are put into that position people figure their ways out yet following the rules, and that itself is the most enjoyable part.
Benefits
Cons
Scheduling
Working at Tim's!
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown, PESeptember 16, 2016
Out of all the jobs I've had I think Tim Horton's was my favorite. The management was amazing and were always communicating to make sure everything was alright. The managers made the whole team feel like family and we were all there for each other through the tough and good times. They were very patient when it came to training other employees and always helped out. It was a very fast paced environment which made it very stressful at times but everyone stuck through it together and always made it feel like a nice space to be in. I learned so much through Tim's, especially with handling food and beverages, cleaning things up, and interacting with guests!
Pros
Almost like a big family!
Cons
Very stressful, fast paced environment.
Friendly faces and hard working experiences
Cashier/Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  555 Burhamthorpe RdAugust 22, 2016
An average shift for me would be 6-7 hours on the store front serving customers and afterwards unloading and organizing new inventory such as cups, drinks and frozen products. An average shift for me would typically end between 10 - 12 hours, and I was given 30 minute breaks. The co-workers I worked with were very helpful and friendly. The hardest part of the job was stocking the inventory up after a lengthy day shift. The most enjoyable part of the job was how friendly the customers were and how easy it was to speak to them. Something I've learned working in this environment is a good sense of customer service. Management was very professional and friendly, hardworking and fair.
Enjoyable, but slightly uncooperative
team member (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ONAugust 15, 2016
They were nice to work for overall, but many conflicts occurred during the final 3 months of employment. The management was unrelenting in many aspects. They did not cooperatively adjust to different scheduling times. Co-workers were less cooperative with daily duties and serving customers. The hardest part of the job was to lift the heavy boxes of coffee. The most enjoyable part of the job was mopping the floors.
Pros
Free Donuts
Cons
Scheduling Problems
A friendly, team oriented environment with tense management
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ONSeptember 8, 2016
I typically enjoy a day to day shift. It's a fun, fast paced environment with a constant, enjoyable chatter from the friendly staff. The staff is always friendly with one another with maybe a touch of negative, tense energy coming from the office. Overall a nice, flexible lace to work.
Pros
50% discount, Friendly staff, flexible schedule changes, fun environment
Cons
Small break room, not very encouraging management