Tim Hortons
3,491 reviews

Tim Hortons Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Interesting and great for a first job
Cashier (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMay 5, 2015
Pros: Discount on items
Tim Hortons is a great place to start working as a first job. It has benefits as well as a great training program for those who are starting their first job. It is an exciting way to enter the world of work when you a great community of employees that are nice to work with.
service
Customer service, Cashier (Current Employee), North YorkMay 5, 2015
I did a great job Kfc delivery and Star news paper. I did on time. But, they are paying cash money. I would prefer get the wages from my bank account. I need work with under the government law. I find a job inside the job. Only delivery difficult for snowing time?
Fast paced, customer service based
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Peterborough, OntarioMay 5, 2015
Pros: good work experience
Cons: small area
Providing customer service to the guests who came into the restaurant.
Learned how to work with the public
Most enjoyable part of the job is working with my teammates and the public
Tim Hortans is an excellent place will productive place to work.
Cashier (Former Employee), Quesnel, BCMay 5, 2015
Pros: free coffee on breaks.
greeting and severing costumers. learnt how to be a better team player. co-workers we very nice but some thought they were better then you. hardest part of the job was to get along with those coworker that thought they were better then you. most enjoyable part was serving the costumers and seeing them smile and greeting them.
great place to work
Customer service (Former Employee), Surrey, BCMay 5, 2015
they teach you many transferable skills for dealing with customers
they treat emp[employees great but not much room for advancement
A work place with great customers, but not so great work,
Store Front (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONMay 5, 2015
Pros: Discount on food during work and could use tips to pay for food (usually)
Cons: See Review for details.
The Tim Hortons I worked at was not as good as I first though it was, and allow me to say how.
I learned how to serve people fast and efficiently while being concerned about my coffee, and ensuring I have sufficient products on display. I learned more ways on how to maintain cleanliness and an organized station through the different methods that Tim Horton's suggested to be taken place throughout the restaurant. With my night shift experience, I learned and understood the strains and importance of making sure everything was done on time, for if things weren't done on time, the morning became a terrible nightmare some mornings. My Co-workers were occasionally selfish in a general manner, and seemed to forget about the task at hand. Instead of per say, stocking the cups and lids that are 3/4 empty, they would rather gossip about other individuals within the store and other customers when the time came. Their sole purpose was not to make the customer experience grand, but to ensure that customers could not arrive to do business so that standing around and doing nothing was tolerable. Customer experience and "setting the standard" was only truly focused on drive-thru personnel, which included the members of drive-thru and usually bagel counter who were apart of that friend clique that ensured an almost impenetrable fortification that you could never enter without recognition of being "like them". If you were involved with their friend clique, you were more than likely safe of being fired because usually supervisors were responsible for starting their friend groups, Management was – more... okay. I can't say too much bad with them, perhaps from my co-workers perspectives, but for my perspective, they did pretty good. The hardest part of the job I would suggest is the maintenance and cleaning. Due to the fact that I was the guy, I got told to take out the garbage and grinds almost every single weekend shift until I mentioned the unfairness as it wasn't a single designated task that was assigned to me specifically. It might be apart of my job, but its not my full and dire responsibility to do so. The most enjoyable thing about working at Tim Horton's in general.. is the chance to meet some fantastic people. I got to know many regulars, and had the chance to make a lot of customers days, and for that, I am proud. – less
Productive and fun work place
Food Counter Attendant (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 4, 2015
tim hortons is not just a place to work,its a place to meet your neighbours,make some friends and create a positive impact on every one who comes through outdoors.
liked it
Ex-employee at Tim Hortons (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 4, 2015
Pros: free lunches, free coffee and small snacks
Cons: rude customers at times.
Was a great experience learned many things, such as dealing with
customers and taking care of store details. it is a good starting job overall.
Emploi étudiant
Service à la clientèle Tim Hortons (Former Employee), Sherbrooke,QCMay 4, 2015
J'ai appris beaucoup sur l'importance du travail d'équipe. J'ai pu aussi voir l'importance de l'efficacité et de la rapidité dans ce contexte.
Productive and fast paced
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Barrie, ONMay 4, 2015
Pros: Discount on food/drinks
Cons: Very busy
My typical work day is immediately busy and continues until the end of my shift. The hardest part of the job is when it is busy and you are still expected to reach 35 seconds or less to serve a customer, it was quite unrealistic to achieve these goals when there is a high volume of customers. For the most part management is good, and co-workers are friendly and a good team. The most enjoyable part of this position is seeing regular customers and they make it fun.
Productive and a great place to work
Team Member (Former Employee), Lethbridge, AlbertaMay 4, 2015
Pros: Free Coffe
Cons: The occasional difficult costumer
I really enjoyed working here. my only regret was that i had to quit due to me moving. The people at my work place were great and were very kind.
Hard working
Barista and Cashier (Current Employee), Surrey, BCMay 2, 2015
Pros: nice team members
Cons: get in trouble alot.
Must always be fast paced but make everything perfect. You can get in trouble a lot if you dont stick to the rules of the store. Also can get in trouble a lot for not telling manager/supervisor about people doing things wrong in the store. But can also get in trouble for telling them people are doing things wrong too often
co-workers were great but the head management was unfair and biast
Store front worker (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONMay 2, 2015
Pros: Discounted on your purchases
Cons: no hours
The job was enjoyable and fun with the co-workers, management on the other hand is ridiculous, they were always in the back, never came out to help the staff during busy times, only gave hours to the people they liked or if they were related. The chain of Tim Horton's that is owned by this owner is a terrible place to work, they treat their employees very poorly and unfairly.
NICE!
POSTION - team member (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCMay 2, 2015
i really liked my experience, i had really friendly co-workers and a nice manager.

i learned good team work and how to work efficiently in a fast paced environment
People attender
Cashier (Former Employee), vaughanMay 1, 2015
Chasier
load and unload truck
great place to met people and show my people skills
stock shelves
bake pastries
clean washroom
Fun environment
Store Front employee (Former Employee), Oakville, ONMay 1, 2015
Pros: fun environment
Cons: Long hours, short breaks
I loved working with the people in Tim Hortons, they were funny, charismatic, and overall lovely to work with. It was always a long day with lots of side chores but it wasn't a big deal with all the smiles I received everyday.
good first job
Customer Service/Cashier (Current Employee), Port Hope, ONMay 1, 2015
Pros: dealing with the public
Cons: not enough hours
I love working at Tim Hortons its a great first job for anyone looking to gain customer service skills or learning how to work with money
fun and good employes
Night shift Baker (Former Employee), 2105 Victoria Ave EastApril 30, 2015
As soon as i get to Tim Horton I greet every one a wear my hair neat and my gloves and apron and I take the stuff that i need to bake from the freezer and i put it in the oven and bake it.
I learned that the food should be always fresh .
the manger was kind and was helpful in teaching me how to bake .
the co-workers were also nice and friendly.
The hardest part in the job was working in the freezer it was very cold.
the most enjoyable part of the job is that most of the time i was alone and nobody would make noises.
Productive and fun
Cashier (Current Employee), 800 King edward St.April 30, 2015
Productive working place and fun.
Have a good dynamic with the team.
Very busy.
A good team work.
Manager is good.
Had a good environnement and safe place to work.
Its a good company, benifits are good
Supervisor/Cashier (Current Employee), Kingston, ONApril 30, 2015
Tim Hortons is a very faced paced environment, if you like a constant go, this is the place. The employees are friendly and its a great place to work. Management is good and tries to work with everyone to accomidate everyone. The hardest part of the job is that it does not stop sometimes. The best part is all the regular quests

1 2 3 4 5

About Tim Hortons

Tim Hortons Inc. is a Canadian fast casual restaurant known for its coffee and doughnuts. It is also Canada's largest fast food – Read more