Tim Hortons

Tim Hortons Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Busy, Fast Past enviroment
Front counter customer service (Current Employee), Owen Sound OnAugust 30, 2015
Pros: Great hours of work
Cons: on my feet all day
This location is a busy spot, which I do enjoy. I love the customers and for the most part, love my job.
Although I do love this, it is not what I want as my career. I love dealing with the public and the variety it offers, but I would like to go somewhere that uses all my skills. Leadership, accounting, organizing, these are my strong suits and I cannot use these skills here. I only get to use my other skills which are excellent customer service and efficiency. I don't want to lose the skills I have prefected. Time for a change.
Productive work
Cashier (Former Employee), Montréal, QCAugust 30, 2015
Pros: Productive
Cons: No benefits
From this job I learned to work and keep my good attitude during the whole day, no matter the type of customer I serve. It was not my greatest job, however I did get many hours from it. I disliked that we had no benefits and that its other competitive rally offers insurance and benefits to their employees.
Fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONAugust 29, 2015
Enjoy working with the public, customers make you laugh, there are training programs provided and you work as a team. There are reasonable works hours and breaks.
Great work staff
Cashier (Current Employee), Montréal, QCAugust 28, 2015
were like a big family, great job to have if its your first for customer service or working with food. May get stressful at times, but what job doesnt
Productive Workplace with good employee relationships
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Guelph, ONAugust 27, 2015
Well managed environment with decent salary and employee benefits. Although work was not particularly interesting, workplace managed to stay enthusiastic through employee relationships and good customer service.
Fast passed and Busy
Store Front Clerk (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONAugust 27, 2015
Cons: long hours and only one 30 min break for 6-8 hour shifts.
Every morning from 6am-10am on weekdays our drive through would be timed. we were expected to be below 22 second average for every hour. As being a a strong team member on our sandwich board this meant you were doing sandwiches for both drive through and counter. This job can be very stressful without a lot of gratification or appreciation.
Hard as well as enjoyable job
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Toronto downtownAugust 26, 2015
Pros: free lunch and employee discounts
Cons: less hours
I learned many things like time management and culture management from that job. All the employees were from different nations. Morning time was the hardest part of the job because you have to give fast and accurate service to the customer in less time. Sometimes, we celebrated some special days that was most enjoyable part of the job.
Fun and fast paced
Management level supervisor (Former Employee), RenfrewAugust 26, 2015
staff is everything, you will make tons of friends behind and in front of the counter. fast paced and will make the day fly by.
Very enjoyable but not well paid.
Front End Cashier (Former Employee), Clarenville, NLAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Great lunch options.
Cons: Low salary.
I really enjoyed my work here. I learned to work hard, be accurate and really pay attention when dealing with the public. They worked well with my schedule and Management really appreciated my work ethic.
staff makes sure to always evaluate our new product knowledge ... which increases our expertice in helping our customers
SERVER, CASHIER (Current Employee), brooks.albertaAugust 25, 2015
Pros: having different duties everyday and interacting with customers
Cons: none
i learned organizing a business .each person has a daily job requirement and they keep it fun by switching it up.. also being tested in our new product knowledge
Fun
front counter (Former Employee), Nanaimo, BCAugust 25, 2015
Pros: Friendly work place
Cons: night shifts
I had a good experience in Tim Horton in Nanaimo B.C. The co-workers were helpful. The manager were professional and helpful too.
sales in food produce
Trainer/Customer Service (Former Employee), maple ridge bcAugust 25, 2015
was a great experience have me trained in work in a busy place also have skills for other opportunities . have me work in team work also be more great at customers
Fast pace
Crew Member (Current Employee), Ajax, ONAugust 24, 2015
Pros: 40% off food
Cons: Always on your feet, taking orders.
Managers are intimidating at first. I've noticed everyone here is a bit older than usual. Most retired people work at my location, a few young people.
Fast paced
Commis/Caissier (Former Employee), Montreal,qcAugust 24, 2015
Pros: fun team
Cons: the uniform is ugly
long hour of work doing a lot of coffee and serving donut witrh although a fun and young team, and you can learn how to stress manage ment yourself
Busy, but great work environment
Store Front Employee (Former Employee), Whitby, ONAugust 23, 2015
Pros: Discounts on Tim Hortons items
Cons: Chaos
I have learned that Tim Hortons is a major Canadian enterprise that has many customers, and the workday is very busy and fast paced. With the right co-workers, it can be very enjoyable and there is never a time where you are bored while working.

The hardest part of the job would be the chaos of customers, and all the orders. As long as you can keep up, it gets easier to deal with. Definitely cannot crack under the pressure.

The most enjoyable part of working at Tim Hortons was that you are literally part of a major franchise. You are a team member, and the co-workers are feeling very similar to you, so it isn't like you are alone when you are feeling overwhelmed.
good place to start off
counter staff (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONAugust 23, 2015
Pros: nice people
Cons: not enough staff
easy to learn some positions are harder than others but anyone can pick it up,they work well with your schedule,the managers are nice and the people that you work with ae considered family
Had fun with my other members and also gained a lot of experience.
Cashier (Former Employee), York street.August 22, 2015
Pros: earned experience, made a lot of friends.
Cons: far away from my house.
It was nice working with Tim Hortons. Learned a lot of things. My typical day at work would be like: I would make bake food, then finally go to the front store and serve peoples.
fun place to work, productive
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 22, 2015
Pros: Free food
Cons: long hours, poor pay
Nice group of staff, time went by quick and it was a good learning experience. Learned and experience the skill of customer service first hand. Gained invaluable cash handling experience.
A hometown business
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), London, ONAugust 22, 2015
This hometown business is known for being in all the small towns and cities across the nation. There are numerous reasons why working for Tim Horton's could benefit you.

For those who excel rapidly like myself, they are numerous opportunities such as advancement and increases to your salary.

You learn numerous skills that you can take into the real world such as customer service, people skills, cash handling, cleaning and you get all this knowledge about the business that you learn to understand why it's brand is so well known.

Manager's are there to aid you, sometimes to be your mentors and other times to listen when you have no one else. Your manager will be there to put you back on the right path at work so that you can be the best employee with the best set of skills to offer.

Your coworkers become a little family to you. You learn all about them like any other business but get to actually build friendships and really get to know each other working in such a small area.
fun work place
General Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 21, 2015
managing the store.hiring the staff ,counting money and deposit it to the bank .
tray to achieve the target
send weekly report to the head office
control the inventory