Tim Hortons Employee Reviews

Found 7,532 reviews matching the search
if you need a job
Cashier/Customer Service/Baker (Current Employee) –  Wallaceburg, ON25 June 2017
good if your starting out or really need a job. can be stressful. if you like customer service and it's your thing you would probably enjoy this job. I needed a job and they were first to hire me
Relatively good workplace, but with low pay and issues with advancement
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Truro, NS25 June 2017
A good workplace, with people you develop great relationships with, but it is difficult to advance to a management role, and the pay is poor, with raises being small and infrequent.
Pros
50% discount on food while working, free hot and cold drinks while working, great culture, good people
Cons
Little opportunity for advancement, low wages, hot temperatures
A great place to start your career
Customer Service Team Member (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 June 2017
A typical day in Tim it will be dynamic, not boring and so enthusiastic.
I learned how to manage my time, and do everything with quality.
The managers' team are amazing, they always are motivating their personal.
The most enjoyable part of the job is making the new friends, meeting new people every day.
slow work nights
Staff Member (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 June 2017
not compare to other fast food restaurant, where its overnight work and its not busy. only 2 workers at night time. you have more responsibility rather if you work day shift more people less work responsibility.
Pros
free food
Cons
Productive workplace, some negativity but I was able to look past, Great people to work with.
Team member (Current Employee) –  Stratford, ON25 June 2017
A typical day at work would be waking up early or staying late which was hard. But i would get there and would be placed wherever, i was able to work any job at the store (excluding baking). Management would be there sometimes but not often. the hardest part of the job would be communication as everyone is working fast pace not caring about what you have to say. The most enjoyable would be getting to have some great customer service background as well as learn life skills.
Pros
Flexible time management
Cons
some workplace negativity
service au volant
responsable de planche (Former Employee) –  Saint-Hubert, QC25 June 2017
tres propre est toujours frais
bln service puis belle endroit
Pros
repas gratuit
Cons
courte pause
can be good or bad experience
Front of house staff (Current Employee) –  Fredericton, NB25 June 2017
the same with any job there is good with the bad. Im hoping that in another city this company will be better. there was alot of polices not being followed in fredericton. also many cases of dating at work or things being as you say "swept under the rug". much was mishandled.
Work hard
Drive thru (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON25 June 2017
Always on the go the drive thru work is non stop 24/7 work. You won't mind it if you always won't something simple and repetitive to do. People are always nice especially the workers there for the most part.
Pros
The food discount
Cons
The amount of work for the minimum wage
Is definite learning opportunity to say in the least
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON24 June 2017
I may only do simple tasks but it is by far the best place I have worked at to date. The owners are so nice and accommodating and I met so many nice people.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
sometimes rude people
I like my job as always
Staff front/Baker (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 June 2017
I like my work honestly, never be free I am doing always doing my job perfectly to correct and finish end time, Our cultural has a diversity, different peoples are working. Hardest job is many time going to freezer and counting and seprate the goods as always. most enjoyble is I always keep clean my work area.
Stable Job
Supervisor and 2nd Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON24 June 2017
Overall good job, just the daily grind of fast food life. Strong sense of store community and like a valued member of the team. Would work for this company again if given the opportunity at a supervisor or management level again
Pros
Staff discount and free hot drinks
Cons
You have to love working in customer service, because thats all you really do
time for tims
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 June 2017
I worked at Tim Hortons part-time (More than 8 months)
Pros
Flexible shifts. Free coffee/tea. Fun environment with always something to do. Never a dull moment. Funny, wierd and regular customers depends on which location you work at. Great for a first job and for students. A good job that keeps you moving and not at one place all the time. I actually lost weight doing this job because it was like a workout. (just don't eat the donuts!) ;)
I made many friends there when I …
Cons
Not for those who cannot handle a fast pace environment. It's busy at times and could be perceived as stressful or fun depending on the person. Not for those who are lazy. A job for young people, not for those who cannot move around much.
It's a job for a stepping stone, not to stay for your career.

Advice to Management
Better training for staff.
Works around your schedule well, not the most enjoyable place to work
Cashier/baker (Current Employee) –  Montague, PE24 June 2017
Works around your schedule well but sometimes you get booked to work on days you have off and its not easy to call in sick. I like the staff but isn't somewheres i would work for the rest of my life.
open door policies.
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS24 June 2017
it did matter how big or how small a problem was, the door was always open. And everyone had a set schedule which worked out well for everyone. and coverage was awesome.
Great first job, love the work and the people.
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  New Glasgow, NS24 June 2017
I loved my job at Tim Hortons though I can't say I'm especially fond of Tim Hortons itself.
It really depends a lot on the people you work with, lucky for me I had great coworkers. Management though wasn't great, not that they didn't manage the store well, she was an excellent manager but not with the employees. She's a bully, and was a big part of why I quit in the end.
But, like I said, the job was great, tips were great and customers were great. Love Customer Service!
I started out very shy but the job really helped me improve and enhanced my communication skills. I would go back.
Pros
Discount
Emplois étudiant typique
Caissière, service à la clientèle (Current Employee) –  Lachute, QC24 June 2017
On a une liste de taches à finir avant la fin du shift, travailles d'équipe essentiel au bon fonctionnement.
L'important est de rendre le client heureux et content de sa visite dans la succursale.
Il y a toujours quelques choses à faire, suffis de le trouver! :)
Fun and accepting workplace with flexible hours
TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC24 June 2017
A typical day at Tim Hortons would include taking customers orders, serving the customers and stocking up. What made the job fun was the people that worked there, they made it a fun and exciting place to work.
Pros
Free food
Busy environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 June 2017
I liked working at Tims, it taught me how to work well under pressure without messing up people's orders. Also it taught me how to deal with angry customers.
Pros
Free food
Cons
too many staff in a small area
Fun work place and environment. Terrible management.
Team Member (Current Employee) –  London, ON23 June 2017
Never given enough hours, hired more people when hours were short, cut hours for petty reasons, poor petty management, bad environment to work in. Management spreads rumours and does not care about employees.
correct
Caissière (Former Employee) –  Jonquière, QC23 June 2017
Travail facile et amusant, équipe peu respectueuse

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tim Hortons. Our community is ready to answer.