Tim Hortons Employee Reviews in Canada

Found 5,287 reviews matching the search
best place to work
Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONAugust 23, 2016
great
confidence is what i achieved
compromising with any kind of people
hard working and understanding
keeping it clean
great customers
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short hours
loved this job...
Tim Hortons Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Stonewall, MBAugust 23, 2016
Worked for Tim Hortons for almost a year and became a supervisor within 3 short months of working there. I was the fastest on soup and sandwich and would often excel at the task that were given to me. Things started to be hard when other management members were treating me unfairly, said snarky remarks and all out made it very uncomfortable to even be in the workplace. We were told to always come to the manager if there was anyone making us feel uncomfortable but noone ever did anything about it, or if you did say something you were bound to be treated unfairly by the person you were trying to escape the problem from... Loved the job but found it very hard to fit in...
Pros
best job ever
Cons
workplace bullying
Fun, Productive and Discounts
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONAugust 23, 2016
I love Tim Hortons and everything about it. The beverages, the food , all the coworkers and especially our customers. I have gained so much experience here that i never thought i was capable of, from my supervisors to my other coworkers everything has been great.
Pros
Discounted menu items
Cons
No Cons
Enjoyable workplace

Training new employees

I learned

- Time management skills

- How to be responsible

- How to be cordial and understanding of others needs

The hardest part of the job:

Trying not to eat all the donuts

The most enjoyable part of the job:

Being able to communicate with customers and free food
Pros
free food
Cons
free food
Friendly environment
Store Front Attendant (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ONAugust 22, 2016
A typical day involves serving customers which includes taking orders, preparing and serving their needs and helping them with their grievances(if any).

This is the first job of my life, so i have learnt a lot from this already. It has made me even more punctual. I know how to work in a team since team work helps you to achieve anything you want. It has taught me how to take care of the customer's needs and wants. Being quick in a fast paced environment is a key factor to survive and i have embodied that very well. The most enjoyable part is that you work with a diverse group of individuals. Everyone is from a different part of the world which makes learning and working interesting everyday. The hardest part would be dealing with impatient people but keeping your cool and still helping them with a smile on your face, everytime.

I joined this job as soon as I migrated to this country and this job has played a big role in making me feel comfortable and used to the life in this country.
Pros
Discount on food, friendly management
Cons
No fixed hours
Friendly faces and hard working experiences
Cashier/Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  555 Burhamthorpe RdAugust 22, 2016
An average shift for me would be 6-7 hours on the store front serving customers and afterwards unloading and organizing new inventory such as cups, drinks and frozen products. An average shift for me would typically end between 10 - 12 hours, and I was given 30 minute breaks. The co-workers I worked with were very helpful and friendly. The hardest part of the job was stocking the inventory up after a lengthy day shift. The most enjoyable part of the job was how friendly the customers were and how easy it was to speak to them. Something I've learned working in this environment is a good sense of customer service. Management was very professional and friendly, hardworking and fair.
Decent enough
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, ABAugust 22, 2016
Better then any other fast food place. But since the company sold out to Burger King their business practices have gone down hill. But that's working for an US based company for you.
great
Senior Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Port Colborne, ONAugust 22, 2016
busy, hardworking staff, the costumers is what it is all about, they are friendly and kind. Waking up first thing in the morning to serve that first cup of coffee is what it is for.
fast paced
Store Front (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 22, 2016
working at tim hortons challenged my speed in a crazy and rushed environment. in the end it was beneficial because it teaches you to work in a fast paced environment but still be aware of small details which can affect a customers day.
Fun and helpful people. Good enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ONAugust 21, 2016
Tim Hortons is a fun and good environment. All the employees work well together and have no trouble. I enjoy making people happy when giving them their order and when our workplace is just happy.
hae excited experience working with new client
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 21, 2016
best work experience in different environment. Sometime had to work long hours with same attitude and manner. sometime so stressful to mange employees in busy time.
Pros
support
Cons
long shift
fun work place.
TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 21, 2016
Working at Tim Hortons was a fun experience. the team members were good and we all played our part to make work easy and fun for both ourselves and the customers. i have leant that in order for work to be done correctly all all have to work as a team to achieve the company's customer reliability. it is an experience i can not deny was fun and enjoyable.
Busy work environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 21, 2016
Management was awful. They yell at you and treat you like dirt. they made you worry about job security constantly. All about the money, less about the people. I wont ever work for them again.
Pros
Free donuts
Cons
overworked, underpaid.
Workplace
Food Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 19, 2016
Good Company good working environment,, nice people too..
flexible co owner.. busy store.. clean store and store following standards
I love working at Tim Hortons.
Food Counter Attendant/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sylvan Lake, ABAugust 19, 2016
My two year work experienced at Tim Hortons was fun. Dealing with different kinds of people everyday is what I enjoyed the most. I love my regular customers so much to the point that I build a good relationship with them. Most of them become friends who are really close to my heart even up to now that I no longer work there. We still communicate once in a while.

Second reason why I love working at Tim Hortons are my co employees. I build a good camaraderie with them as well. They are good people. They are team players too.

Lasty, I love my work as a regular Soup and Sandwich person. I love making sandwiches for my dear customers. Our store is always busy especially during summer. I like it when its like that rather than those lean hours, But during those times I get an opportunity to do multitasking. Helping store front person took the orders and doing the till or brewing and making coffee for them.

Working at Tim Hortons is a very enjoyable job. that's why if given a chance, I will always come back to Tim Hortons to work and have fun at the same time.

I really love Tim Hortons. Its not just about serving the best coffee all around Canada. The customers, empoyees and the work itself makes it always number one.
Pros
free donuts, muffins, bagels and coffee
Cons
Stressful at times , fast paced, but great experience
Store Front Employee/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Bright's Grove, ONAugust 19, 2016
Working at Tim Hortons for over four years has been a great experience within the food industry. This job requires fast paced working skills in order to meet the required standard times for head office in order to keep customers happy. I've learned how to multitask well and get jobs done in a timely manner. I work with great coworkers which allows me to have fun on the job which makes it enjoyable for me. Another great aspect of this job is meeting so many different customers and making them happy, even just a smile makes someones day and it makes me feel so great! The hardest part of this job is dealing with 'rude' customers. Mistakes happen and its my duty to make them right in a polite, patient and professional way no matter how 'rude' this customer may be . Overall, I've learned great work ethic, patience and leadership working at Tim Hortons and I believe it provides me with great skills for my next job.
Pros
Customers, Coworkers
Cons
'Rude' customers, short staffed
Amazing first job for me!
Crew member (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONAugust 19, 2016
Working for Tim Hortons really helped me coming out of my shell. I use to be a very shy person but working there increased my confidence. My co-workers were wonderful and very easy to get a long with. The management was very flexible with their employees and such great encourager's. The best part of the job was feeling like I was part of a team and that I mattered.
experience
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCAugust 18, 2016
On a typical day at work consists of managing a group of staff members which can be anywhere form 5-10 people per shift, I have learnt that time management helps the day go very smoothly and all the shift requirements get done for the day
Stressful, horrible
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sutton, ONAugust 17, 2016
Cons: Horrible management, they are rude and pick favourites. Staff is also rude, lots of workplace drama.
Pros: Hours were consistent and never had issues with proper pay
Not a great workplace
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 17, 2016
Very stressful job for nothing, management is always confusing and sometimes unprofessional and the salary is awful. Would not recommend working here.