Tim Hortons

Tim Hortons Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Hard working
Barista and Cashier (Current Employee), Surrey, BCMay 2, 2015
Pros: nice team members
Cons: get in trouble alot.
Must always be fast paced but make everything perfect. You can get in trouble a lot if you dont stick to the rules of the store. Also can get in trouble a lot for not telling manager/supervisor about people doing things wrong in the store. But can also get in trouble for telling them people are doing things wrong too often
co-workers were great but the head management was unfair and biast
Store front worker (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONMay 2, 2015
Pros: Discounted on your purchases
Cons: no hours
The job was enjoyable and fun with the co-workers, management on the other hand is ridiculous, they were always in the back, never came out to help the staff during busy times, only gave hours to the people they liked or if they were related. The chain of Tim Horton's that is owned by this owner is a terrible place to work, they treat their employees very poorly and unfairly.
NICE!
POSTION - team member (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCMay 2, 2015
i really liked my experience, i had really friendly co-workers and a nice manager.

i learned good team work and how to work efficiently in a fast paced environment
People attender
Cashier (Former Employee), vaughanMay 1, 2015
Chasier
load and unload truck
great place to met people and show my people skills
stock shelves
bake pastries
clean washroom
Fun environment
Store Front employee (Former Employee), Oakville, ONMay 1, 2015
Pros: fun environment
Cons: Long hours, short breaks
I loved working with the people in Tim Hortons, they were funny, charismatic, and overall lovely to work with. It was always a long day with lots of side chores but it wasn't a big deal with all the smiles I received everyday.
good first job
Customer Service/Cashier (Current Employee), Port Hope, ONMay 1, 2015
Pros: dealing with the public
Cons: not enough hours
I love working at Tim Hortons its a great first job for anyone looking to gain customer service skills or learning how to work with money
fun and good employes
Night shift Baker (Former Employee), 2105 Victoria Ave EastApril 30, 2015
As soon as i get to Tim Horton I greet every one a wear my hair neat and my gloves and apron and I take the stuff that i need to bake from the freezer and i put it in the oven and bake it.
I learned that the food should be always fresh .
the manger was kind and was helpful in teaching me how to bake .
the co-workers were also nice and friendly.
The hardest part in the job was working in the freezer it was very cold.
the most enjoyable part of the job is that most of the time i was alone and nobody would make noises.
Productive and fun
Cashier (Current Employee), 800 King edward St.April 30, 2015
Productive working place and fun.
Have a good dynamic with the team.
Very busy.
A good team work.
Manager is good.
Had a good environnement and safe place to work.
Its a good company, benifits are good
Supervisor/Cashier (Current Employee), Kingston, ONApril 30, 2015
Tim Hortons is a very faced paced environment, if you like a constant go, this is the place. The employees are friendly and its a great place to work. Management is good and tries to work with everyone to accomidate everyone. The hardest part of the job is that it does not stop sometimes. The best part is all the regular quests
Difficult and occasionally rewarding
Crew Trainer/Baker (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 30, 2015
Pros: free food
Cons: 8 hours on your feet
Shifts at Tim Hortons as a baker were challenging in the sense that they required much more planning than simply working behind the counter. Training could be frustrating and working behind the counter alternated between boring and hectic.
Productive and fun place to work.
Manager (Current Employee), Port Colborne, ONApril 30, 2015
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: conflict resolution with irate customers
Most days are enjoyable. its great working with a team in meeting our day part goals - fast, friendly and efficient service.
Friendly staff and fair management
Storefront Team Member/Baker (Current Employee), London ONApril 30, 2015
I've learned to be quick at what I do and also become good at what I do...quickly. The customers can sometimes be difficult but I have the best co workers.
Team Building
Currently a Team Member (Current Employee), Winnipeg ManitobaApril 30, 2015
Gain responsibility and feel like part of the team. Hard but manageable work, building skills on interacting with customers and above satisfactory social skills.
fun, fast paced workplace with a friendly atmosphere.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 30, 2015
Pros: free food
Cons: sporadic hours
Tim Hortons is very fast paced atmosphere, when you start your shift it is usually non stop busy from then until you end. I learned how to work under a time constraint and produce high quality results within said time. I also learned how to service customers in a very polite and positive manner regardless of any hardships or problems i was dealing with. The management at Tim Hortons was exceptional, i have rarely seen people so organized and knowledgeable about their job under such pressure. All of my co-workers were very helpful and friendly, hardest part of the job was rush hour and the large rush of customers that it accompanied. I enjoyed getting to know my co workers.
A typical day at Tim Hortons
Store front (Current Employee), Kingston, ONApril 29, 2015
Pros: the staff, flexible hours
Cons: you have to pay for your lunch
A typical day at Tim Hortons is pretty simple, well the job itself is very straight forward and very hard to mess up, the day consists of making coffee, speaking to a lot of customers through out your days of work, as well as upselling things such as our combos, or just a strudel for an extra 25 cents
Friendly and clean environment.
Cashier/Server (Former Employee), Oakville, ONApril 29, 2015
Tim Hortons was a great environment to work in, we offered friendly customer service and maintained a welcoming and clean environment. We handled conflicts well and made sure the customer always left with a positive attitude.
Fast-Paced and a Good Introduction for Beginners
Front Line (Former Employee), Kanata, ONApril 28, 2015
Pros: Free coffee and donuts during break, good health and schooling benefits.
Cons: Rush hours can be long.
At a typical day at work I would start my morning shift and restock what my station needed. I would work through the morning and lunch rushes, taking orders and preparing coffee and large donut orders with one other employee in my station. I would work until evening, and before I left I would clean and make sure everything was stocked and ready for the next employee to start their shift.

I learned how to work under fast-paced environments and in small teams, as well as how to up-sell new products and work the cash register.

The team members and management were personable and chatty to each other and customers, since we were in a small space it really felt like a team. Managers would step into the workspace during rush hours and to check up on the employees.

The hardest part of the job were always the morning and lunch rushes, which could last up to an hour. Making sure everyone got their orders in three minutes or less was stressful, but good practice.

The most enjoyable part was learning how to make all the varieties of drinks and meals Tim Hortons offers.
fun
Team Member (Current Employee), Seaforth, ONApril 27, 2015
Pros: 25% a week
Cons: they weren't very good with giving me a steady schedule
Typical day at work, would be me walking in, looking at where i was to be working that day, I love the people i work with so it was usually always a good day at work! would for sure recommend this job to a young person looking to make some money
Working In A Fast Food Resturant Franchise
Team Member (Former Employee), Listowel, ONApril 27, 2015
Worked storefront and drive thru, taking orders, encouraging sale of merchandise, packaging foods, preparing & serving products to customers. Process cash, debit, credit and gift card payments on electronic cash register. Resolved customers’ concerns to their satisfaction and responded to inquiries. Stock refrigerators, displays and cupboards with merchandise. Wash tables, cupboards and appliances, clear and clean tables and trays, sweep and mop floors, clean toilets, sinks and mirrors. Was a good work atmosphere, really enjoyed the other employees working at Tim Horton's. It was very fast paced, but I enjoyed interacting with the customers. There were many regulars that we knew by name and would always come in with a smile on their faces.
Wonderful people, amazing managers, overall amazing workplace!
Baker (Former Employee), Burlington, ONApril 27, 2015
Pros: wonderful people, easy work, fair managers.
Cons: Little room for advancement, minimum wage, repetative.
Easy entry level job, fair work hours, combined with fantastic managers this was easily my best experience in the workplace.

1 2 3 4 5

About Tim Hortons

Tim Hortons Inc. is a Canadian fast casual restaurant known for its coffee and doughnuts. It is also Canada's largest fast food – Read more