Tim Hortons Employee Reviews

Found 5,472 reviews matching the search
My first work here in canada
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONSeptember 30, 2016
Tim hortons is my first work here..its a good start for me to have experience..its a good timing of adjustment when you dealing to other people and learn something new
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Full time
fun place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ONSeptember 29, 2016
very busy with not enough staff
free food
great co-workers
not far from home
able to make my own hours
great Christmas party
Pros
fun place
Cons
owners
great and friendly environment to work
DriveThru Cashier (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ONSeptember 29, 2016
easy and fun to work with the staff, and satisfying customers by helping. team work was the most important part of the job between the workers to be able to handle and satisfy all the customers even during busy times. All the members were treated fairly with respect.
It was okay
Supervisor (2016) (Former Employee) –  Pierrefonds, QCSeptember 28, 2016
First job I had, and I've worked there for 4 years. No benefits, minimum wage, and lots of work. However, it is a great first job to gain work experience, I just wouldn't stay for too long if you have more expenses to pay. Though, as a student, they are very flexible with work hours in order to fit your schedule
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Great environment and very fast
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABSeptember 27, 2016
Tim Hortons is a good first job and the people are very welcoming and very helpful with teaching you how to learn everything. The hours of the place were very flexiable and you always had hours no matter what you could work.
Pros
Healthy food you could eat
Cons
How customers can treat you
Productive and fast-paced environment
Front Store Team Member (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONSeptember 27, 2016
Working at Tim Hortons allowed me to improve my ability to work in a fast-paced environment. We were constantly given goals to meet which the team members would work together on to achieve.
tim hortons
Every position (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ONSeptember 27, 2016
it was okay because i enjoy talking and working with people and this job let me interact with everyone ! i enjoyed the job some days better than others but who doesn't have one rough day
Pros
held parties for the staff like going to the jays game or something
Fast paces, productive.
Customer Service Clerk and Baker (Former Employee) –  Exeter, ONSeptember 27, 2016
I found the fast paced environment very enjoyable and the atmosphere was friendly among the staff. The management was friendly and helpful. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the large amounts of customers in a short amount of time.
Working there was great. The people i was working with wasn't the greatest.
Drive­thru/cashier (Former Employee) –  Westlock, ABSeptember 27, 2016
A typical day at work was good. Go in and deal with customer complaints and make sure that they always would leave happy.
I loved working with people just didn't really enjoy the people that I was working with. and the management did nothing about it. They just told me that I had to deal with it.
Great opportunity, many challenges, excellent experience,
Regional Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  mississauga ontario CanadaSeptember 27, 2016
Expectations were set ahead of time, I knew exactly what the challenges were and the desired results. The company philosophy in customer service and community relation and involvement made this position a very fulfilling one, The relationship between corporate and franchisees could be improved however the results in gross sales and profits made it all worth it.
Fun & Busy
Employee (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 27, 2016
It was exciting working at tims but when it got busy than it gets busy it was a hassle but once you know what you're doing and how to than its easy.
Pros
50%
Cons
great place to work and amazing staff
Coffee Maker (Former Employee) –  QuisSeptember 26, 2016
I was mainly in charge of working front counter taking customers orders and making their coffees. In drive thru I was in charge of taking orders, I also worked the drive thru window handing out orders and collecting money and giving customers their change.
Fast Paced Work Environment
Tim Hortons Team Member (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ONSeptember 26, 2016
Co-workers are typically easy to get along with and fun loving. Work is fast paced so often the day goes by quickly. I love the regular customers, they make it easy to to put a smile on my face. However after a few years the work can begin to feel monontenous. And the quick turn-over rate promotes an under valued environment.
Pros
Stable Work Environment
Cons
Little Advancement Opertunities
Tim Hortans, A Good Experience
Store Front Employee (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ONSeptember 26, 2016
My typical day at Tim Hortons starts at 10pm, and runs all night. There is alot to do when working store front on your own. So I have to balance my time between cleaning, stocking, and customers extremely well. Without proper organization it will fall apart.
Fast and positive enviroment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Rothesay, NBSeptember 26, 2016
Very fast paced but always loving smiles and positive attitudes and great customer service. I learned having a great attitude in the workplace is always best for you and your customers. hardest part; lunch rushes but always loved the lunch rushes because i was always busy and my day flew by.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
lively fast-paced environment for sociable persons
Team Member/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONSeptember 26, 2016
Working at Tim Hortons generally consists of pulling tips, figuring out which position you are in for the day (or beginning of the shift) and then working as fast and efficiently as you can. I enjoy working in the fast-paced environment and when there are no customers you can expect to see me cleaning and stocking the shelves. Although most employees would say that the hardest part of the job is irritated customers, however, I have rarely come into those incidents. My favorite part of working at Tim Hortons is serving the customers and seeing them leave with a giant smile on their face.
Pros
tips, free food at my location
Cons
minimum wage
great people to work with, safe enviorment,
team member (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABSeptember 26, 2016
great people to work with, I make coffee, bake, soup and sandwich, I don't really learn anything at Tim Hortons, its a great first job, management is really great they try to make thing work, the hardest part is some of the guess when they are in a mad mood they will take it out on use,
Pros
50% off food when we are their
Cons
understaff
productive and fast paced!
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kapuskasing, ONSeptember 26, 2016
I worked as a supervisor for the only coffee shop in my town. It was extremely hectic but fun considering i was a high school student! The co-workers would come and go but I had the opportunity to meet great people.
Pros
tips
Great Staff Great place
Baker/Storefront personnel/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONSeptember 26, 2016
The staff was wonderful. The owners really encouraged a culture of development of skill sets. I would recommend that anyone starting out in the business of hotel restaurant management go and work for this particular owner. He develops well talented individuals.
Pros
Good friends and a good place to work
Cons
not many cons
Once,again a very fun place to work!
Front counter cashier/customer service (Former Employee) –  Lakeshore and East st BronteSeptember 26, 2016
I love pleasing everyone! My attempt is always to do that! A smile on someone else's face due to something I said or did gives me the biggest satisfaction!
Pros
Early shifts meaning early dismissal
Cons
Parking lot duties in winter