Tim Hortons Employee Reviews in Canada

Found 4,870 reviews matching the search
productive
Store Front (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMay 26, 2016
I have learned how to handle cash, work with the cash register, interact with customers, make cofee and different beverage and to communicated and interact with customers
team work
counter staff (Current Employee) –  Missisauga, onMay 25, 2016
over all this job is okay, good experience. learning new things everyday.doing side duties as well that makes you more responsible.
Pros
free drinks
Another good experience
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sackville, NBMay 25, 2016
Learned how to deal with not so nice people and put my differences aside to get the jobs done that needed to get done. Customers were the main focus.
Good Learning Experience
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Essex, ONMay 25, 2016
Tim Horton's was a great experience to have. It showed independent thinking and teamwork. The staff was especially welcoming and the costumers were unbelievable. Tim Horton's is very fast paced, and can be very difficult to get orders right and the lines down fast, with teamwork and great people we were able to make everyone happy. The hardest part of the job was the constant movement and commotion. The most enjoyable part of the job was making everyone smile, regular's coming in just to see you, it made their day and also your's. My co-workers were one of the many reason's I loved worked, being able to depend on them and having a great work day. I learned how to face many responsibilities at a young age, and I'am forever thankful for that opportunity.
Organizational Behaviour
TIM HORTONS TORONTO AS SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 25, 2016
This is good organization as getting very good customer service. Very friendly environment and lot of training every year going on.
now a days I am getting leadership training.
It is a good first job and with decent schedule managing.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Welland, ONMay 25, 2016
The job is great with great work schedule management and easy work potential as well as the employees and people you work with are great.
Pros
50% off everything and free food from showcase
Cons
hours are never certain and also has alot of chance of you needing to do extra work before leaving.
Productive and fun workplace at tim hortons
TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMay 25, 2016
A job filled with a bunch of different tasks from baking to taking orders on drive thru. It's a really fun experience with friendly team members and always something to do. Best of all it teaches you how to work the most effectively in a team atmosphere.
Pros
Great Team Members, supportive management, feels like a home away from home
Cons
Long hours, stressful environment, repetitive tasks, fast pace
Favouritism at its best!
Cashier/ Server (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, ONMay 25, 2016
I really wish Tim Horton's looked at their workers and rotated them shift wise from time to time. Working here has been an eye opening experience into company favouritism. I would really like the opportunity to grow but I can see that will never ever happen for me no matter how on time I am. Working at Tim Horton's is nothing but repetition.
Pros
Cons
People are secretive, No change in hours if you are full time, No advancement if they do not like you.
Busy place, fun people made the job more enjoyable
Assisting customers (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONMay 25, 2016
Working at Tim Hortons called for long, busy hours which was rewarding in the end. Most frequent shift was 6am-2pm, the day usually went by quickly because it was always busy and you were always doing something productive. The drive-thru times were very important, which taught me multitasking and working fast and efficient. Creating good relationships with co-workers was key to becoming more comfortable and even confident in this work place. Working at Tim Hortons you need to be able to communicate with a variety of personality types and you must bring along patience, which I did.
Pros
Discounted product when working
Cons
Very busy early mornings
overall have good experiance
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONMay 25, 2016
I get very good experiance from the tim horrtonns. Having very good supervisor and all the team member so i like the work atmosphere there. we all team member make our store in good position by a effective team work.

As I mention I am nursing candidae and under the process of becoming the registered nurds of the canada so i want to utilise my skill and knowledge in the health care field.
so am looking for that
Pros
Getting exposure as coustemer services and prove my self as a very strong team member
Cons
want to do work in my field
Flexible
Storefront Worker (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONMay 25, 2016
It was easy to get along with the crew and management as they are very friendly and understanding. They were flexible with my schedule since I was a student and constantly made adjustments so I could come to work even with midterms and exams.
productive environment
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONMay 25, 2016
working at tims was a great experience. my fellow workers were really nice and helped me a lot in learing new skills. every one was nice and friendly.
Pros
free donots
Cons
no bonus
Busy and enjoyable work experience.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Aberfoyle, ONMay 25, 2016
This location was a very busy but very fast paced work environment. I enjoyed my co-workers as well as the customers. I learned how to open the store as well as work on a timely schedule faster every single day. A typical day at this specific location was I would come in a 5 A.M. I would set up all of the positions for when the co-workers would come in as well as customers. We would get two rushes of people and our team would get into a groove so to speak and work hand in hand to get the customers in and out or by standards of the drive thru... The customer would order their food and from the time they ordered to the time they would get to the drive thru window, their order would be ready for them after the customer paid. The team I worked with worked together to keep each customer in the line no more then 25 seconds.If one co-worker fell behind the rest of us would either pick up the slack or trade positions just to keep ourselves going and to give each other a bit of break. The hardest part of the job was keeping the times to 25 seconds or less. The most enjoyable part of the job was having the orders ready for the customer before they had gotten up to the counter. Seeing their surprised faces was very enjoyable for me personally.
Great experience and helped me to learn new skills.
Cashier/ customer services (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 24, 2016
It was my first and great work experience. The friendly environment helped me to learn new things and improve my skills. Dealing with food stuff enhanced my knowledge of food handling.
typical day at work
team member (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 24, 2016
daily work is like a daily dose of vitamins for me. I love to work and i always enjoyed all the things about it whether old or new things at work. I provide fast, accurate honest & friendly service to both our customer and to my fellow team members.
productive
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMay 24, 2016
face to face service the customers was a very good way to learning English while you just walk into a new country, from here i learned the meaning of a successful business
Crazy Busy
Fast Food Chain Staff (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 24, 2016
A common day at Tim Hortons is usually a very busy with a very diverse customer because of this you learn to be patient and open to others wants and needs. I work for a great management team very personable and compassionate to each employee and there individual needs and struggles. There is a wonderful team of hard working ladies who come to work everyday and give 110%
The is not a really head part to this job its very routine for the most part and I would say for me the only issue I have is money pretty much everyone makes minimum wage and there hasn't been raises given to anyone that I know of an I have worked for this owner for many years and that would be one of the reasons I am looking for a different job or possibly another job. The cost if living continues to increase but wages do NOT.
Great place to interact with others
Drive-thru cashier, helper (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ONMay 24, 2016
Serve Customers in a generous way; Always learn something new from customers which this can make a conversation and become a frequent customer
Store front employee. take customers orders and make their coffees
Drive-thru cashier, helper, runner and coffee orders Housekeeping duties
Wonderful place to work. Great people.
Storefront Employee (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONMay 24, 2016
I work with the public making coffees.

I learned a lot of patience with the public as well as dealing with customers in a professional manner.

Management is nothing short of phenomenal. However some days are harder to deal with than others depending who is on shift (I work the morning).

My co-workers are amazing. I have almost never dealt with better. Nice, friendly, though if they have a bad day it's self explanatory.

Hardest thing to deal with is the stress of some customers getting right up in your face. Demanding that they get what they want in a very rude manner. Most times seem entitled.

I would argue that the most enjoyable part is the atmosphere. Everyone you deal with wants to help you succeed.
Not for long term work
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMay 23, 2016
Good for students or for starting job. Easy to apply. You'll be able to meet lot's and different kinds of people. You will learn how multi-task and work under pressure