Tim Hortons Employee Reviews

Found 6,987 reviews matching the search
The management and work place is good
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON26 April 2017
I am doing customer services in Tim Horton's. You greating and sale food to people. I learned how to get along with customers and people work inside are very nice and friendly they help each other. It is my first job and it is very enjoyable there.
Pros
Delicious Food
Cons
Not much more development in the future
It's good job if you are going to school
Tim Hortons Team Member (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC26 April 2017
It's a lot of cleaning and prepping at night for night shift. There's not much customers after 11 pm compared to 5 am in the morning where it's usually busy. Its fast paced when working with a a drive thru than without as the employees take their time serving.
Pros
50 percent off products
Cons
low wage
fun workpla
Tim Hortons Team Member (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 April 2017
i love work with different people or culture and i like to learning more to othere people. my manager ws very friendly and lovely she knows how to work with people
Pros
free lunches
Cons
40hours
The overall experience was good in tim Hortons
Store Front (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 April 2017
Almost, every day is busy atTtim Hortons.so, I learned about lot of things like time management, good customer service etc. work environment was good. I enjoyed there while doing work because dealing with customers improve communication skill.
Pros
free coffee
hard and pushy workplace
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Erin, ON25 April 2017
The job itself was fairly easy, but the management was judgemental and tend to pick favourites when doing the jobs in the workplace. They made assumptions about my personal life and was rude when asking for a day off.
Productive work environment
Receiver/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON25 April 2017
The work environment was okay. There was some divide between management level employees and those who were simply working part time as students. The orders received were reasonable and were able to be put away and unloaded at a relatively fast rate.
productive
Cashier & Server (Former Employee) –  Elmira, ON25 April 2017
A good starting job to get into the working world. However I don't find the food service industry very appealing to stay in long term. I ended up watching the clock in down time once I'd done all other duties between serving customers. I need a job that keeps me challenged and working steady from beginning to end. I don't like down time.
Enjoyed working with staff everyone worked well together.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB24 April 2017
I first started with Tim Hortons in 1989 in Spruce Grove and absolutely loved it. I started at front counter and worked my way to assistant manger, than went to Oakville did all training and became manager. Continued to work in Spruce Grove and enjoyed all the challenges along the way. Moved back to Lloydminster and worked at Tim 's here. After a few the GM made changes that had conflicting effects with staff and it continued and it was not the same anymore I did not agree with some of it so after 20 years with Tim's I resigned. It was a hard decision because I loved my job.
Pros
Meeting goals that were set for stores, seeing our regular customers everyday.
Cons
Not consistent with changes they would make.
friendly environment with great staff.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 April 2017
it was great working with Tim Horton. I really loved my job over there. the management team and staff was wonderful. i made some really good contacts over there.
Poor
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 April 2017
I worked for Tim Hortons from October 2014 to September 2016. As other jobs, I had gained some service skills as well as handling food knowledge. Management is not consistent, and it is also the hardest part of the job for me. However, the most enjoyable part of the job is a good team member coordination in the busy time.
Fun place but not for me
Store Front (Current Employee) –  Binbrook, ON24 April 2017
A typical shift would pass by quickly but would be very busy. I have learned a lot of skills such as leadership. Management would be considered a negative. Did not consider any of my availibility and I hardly was given shifts. Socializing with the costumers would be the best part of the job
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no shifts
Typical day at work with pros and cons
Store Front (Former Employee) –  Leamington, ON24 April 2017
I would walk in about 15 minutes early and put my stuff in the little lockers they had in the back. I would get my hair net and visor and go to the washroom in the back to put it on properly, then I would wash my hands and clock-in afterwards. I'd walk to my position and start my job taking orders, or making beverages, sometimes both. Other times I'd be cleaning the machines, or watching training videos. I learned how to snake a coffee machine and make different sorts of beverages. Management was okay, sometimes they'd be grouchy. The hardest part of the job was trying to hear orders over the loud machines. The most enjoyable part was eating free timbits and hanging out with co-workers.
Pros
Free or discounted food
Cons
Crabby people
Not exciting but a good safety net
Baker's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON24 April 2017
A good fall back job. Extremely fast paced. Time goes by really quickly. Uniform is unfortunately ugly and doesn't breath well in the heat. 3 days of training on a computer is painfully boring.
Hit and miss
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Trenton, ON24 April 2017
As Tim Hortons is most definitely a Canadian company and we are proud it is. Tim Hortons are individually owned so it his hard to say what kind of store you will get. Tim Hortons does give benefits but they are not very good for a family unit but good for an single person.
Great Job if you have no family
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON24 April 2017
Management:
Work 9+ hours. Very early starts 5 am. There are many check lists and timed duties that must be done in between your customer service and employee juggling.
On your feet most of the day.
I did learn and obtained Food Safety Certificate, WHMIS and CPR and First Aid Certificate.
I love working with the public so this is a good job for that. The hardest part was employee management, people not showing up for their shifts and/or quitting. Very hard to keep employees.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
long hours on your feet
Productive work place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Beausejour, MB24 April 2017
Amazing Work Environment with exceptional customer service and team work.
It was a wonderful experience,
Good organizational culture and company policy.
Great job
TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Keswick, ON24 April 2017
I loved working at timhortons , everyday was anew adventure. The customers were great and I learned a lot about customer service. I loved my team. Great first job
Fun and easy first place
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON23 April 2017
Great place for me to work during High school. Learned a lot of customer service and opening and closing responsibilities. Worked long hours but definitely worth it.
Great job for students
Store Front Clerk (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON23 April 2017
I worked at Tim Horton's when I was in high school for a year. Great work environment. Great way to get customer service skills and teaches you how to work in a fast pace environment.
Pros
Free coffee and donuts
Cons
Can be stressful with customers
Never applying to fast food places again
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC23 April 2017
A typical day would be cleaning my area (usually the front till) and doing dishes and checking off small duties I had to do every shift. I learned customer services during this job. Management was fine as transportation was easy and hours worked out with school. The workplace was a bit diverse as I was the youngest member there. The hardest part of the job was learning the computer and where everything was under. The most enjoyable part of the job would be cleaning.
Pros
10% off
Cons
little pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tim Hortons. Our community is ready to answer.