Tim Hortons Employee Reviews

Found 6,352 reviews matching the search
my experience of working at tim hortons
Server (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS15 February 2017
come in early, serve coffee to a long line of customers. Ive learned people skills, how to bake, make coffee, multitask. management was alright, some people not. those who are not were power tripping and being unfair to some staff members, playing favourites. Hardest part for me was putting up with petty supervisors and the manager, taking a deep breath and not let it affect me or my service for customers. Enjoyable parts of the job were the other wonderful half of the staff, great regular customers, who make all the hard parts worth it!
Pros
50% off food, benefits, guanteed hours
Cons
many people in positions of power abuse it i.e power trip
Great team, great environment.
Customer Service/Storefront Barista (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL3 November 2016
My shifts were well-balanced in terms of responsibilities and I always found that my days and nights flew by (a good sign).

I definitely learned the importance of time efficiency and teamwork when dealing with large numbers of customers. I discovered that I handle these challenges much better than I previously expected.

Management was great - very helpful, easy to talk to and ran things very professionally. Most of my co-workers were much the same, probably because they were well-screened.

Most difficult part of this job was trying to stay aware of my body's limitations. I ended up developing mild arthritis in my left wrist from pouring coffee for entire morning shifts. I had to learn to know when to switch it up after that.

Most enjoyable part of this job was the great people I met and the warn environment they created. It was an enjoyable work experience with good benefits; we were treated well.
Fast pace environment great for a first-time job for students
Caissière (Current Employee) –  Lassalle, QC5 December 2016
Honestly the only thing that kept me there were the tips, on a bad day I'd make 5 to 10 dollars whilst on a good day 15 to 25 dollars. But with the stress put on the employees to maintain a fast pace, & horrible customers its not a job for sensitive people. Also, it can be very dangerous, so if you're someone that doesn't wanna end up with burns & bruises or possibly injuring yourself off a wet floor just to serve a bagel with creme cheese under 60 seconds its not for you.
Pros
Tips (allowed in certain locations)
Cons
long hours, too demanding for low salary.
working for Tim Hortons
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS19 October 2016
Working for Tim Hortons is both fun as well as stressful; you develop great multitasking skills, as well as communication skills. you learn to work with you coworkers as a team, and if someone having an off day everyone usually feeds off your energy and attitude. you create great friendships with your customers, learning their names, orders, and routines. customers make your day, but on the rare occasion they can as well ruin your day; but for the most part you always have a great shift.
Pros
customers, great hours, free tea
Cons
no raises, no promotions, sometimes poor management
Friendly and supportive work environment with unrealistic incentives
Team Member (Current Employee) –  London, ON22 January 2017
During a typical day of work I would find myself always attempting to assist our manager as much possible to reach our incentive as well maintain a clean and friendly working environment for all. While working here I was able to drastically improve my collaboration skills and social abilities. The hardest part about about my job was trying to please our managers and tolerating upset customers. The most enjoyable part about my job is meeting all the new people who I work with.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
No benefits
management
Store Front (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 February 2017
work was ok, but management was terrible, every single day the manager is always having beef with one of the team members, which makes the working environment awkward and uncomfortable, as the store opener Im was in charge of the sandwich area, our store's sandwich area has a very limited space, not enough space to put the things and/or ingredients to make the sandwiches and/or wraps, so it's extremely difficult to work there, especially during the busy hours. Aside from the lack of professionalism of my superiors i got along well with my co workers and especially since a lot of us are from different ethnicities.

P.s. as the store's opener they (store owner and manager) also told me that I CAN'T call in sick, during my last three months, working there was so unbearable up to the point that i absolutely hated and dreaded going to that wretched place until i submitted my resignation, even if i was supposed to be promoted as a supervisor.
Pros
free baked pastries and bagels and coffee, 50% off discount on sandwiches, wraps, bottled drinks, etc.
Cons
short hours, no benefits, poor management, workspace is cramped and has limited space to do efficient work, cant call in sick, no lunch/break room, no locker or place to secure our belongings.
productive, at times was a stressful place to work.
Hostess/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Port Hawkesbury, NS8 February 2017
opening store bake at 430 to be ready for 6am. drive thru till 1pm. enjoyed most of the customers, as will any place there were a few bad seeds. worked well with my coworkers. management was all about her self. owner was very hands on and worked well for her employes. the most enjoyable part of the job was most of my coworkers and the work schedule.
Pros
awesome benefits.
Cons
no room for booking time needed off.
Decent starter job
Store Front, Supervisor, Baker (current) (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON2 October 2016
This is a great first job for high school and college students. However, it is is nearly impossible to try and make a decent living when trying to raise a family. I've been with this company for 14 years and have watched all of the $ 0.15/year raises disappear with the increase of minimum wage. This company has no respect for employees that have been with them long-term and are somehow comfortable paying the people that are new hires the same amount as the people that have been there 15+ years.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Horrible salary
Productive and Fun Workplace
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 August 2016
At Tim Horton's I learned how to become a leader and embrace my communication skills. By motivating my fellow crew mates to meet our drive thru times and abide by Tim Horton's standard I could guarantee our guest's got the freshest coffee every time. I enjoyed helping train new staff, and getting our regular guest's coffee orders ready in advance; seeing the smile on their face and their warm welcome was the best part of my job. The hardest part of my job was being isolated by other staff because of ethnicity. The reason I had to leave was because often times I was excluded from conversations simply because I could not speak another language aside from English. It flabbergasted me, that I have been denied raises based on the economy or my age rather than my workplace capability. I would work at Tim Horton's again gladly if the exclusion was not present because I love the friendly fast paced work environment.
Pros
Friendly staff and guest
Cons
Long hours with only one 15 minute break
God awful place to work
Cashier and Baker (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB12 January 2017
I worked with people here that have been getting paid the same salary for over 15 years... The owners of all the Tim Hortons in Moncton do not care about anyone else but themselves, people who work there hate their lives because of that, and the worst part is that when you get promoted to supervisor, you get a 25 cent raise! The tips were good though
Pros
Tips
Cons
Everything else
It's a nice company but they should give benefits to employees especially those staffs working at night
Storefront (Current Employee) –  1600 Langstaff Toad12 October 2016
Well-known company but should have programs that give benefits and security to employees. They should give proper training to new worker so she familiarize with the restaurant set-up,give new uniforms not those used by previous employees and provide safety shoes. They just should $23 of the cost of the shoes.
Pros
free coffee and donuts and sandwiches, staff
Mostly fun
Restaurant worker (Former Employee) –  Steinbach, MB28 November 2016
Tim Hortons was surprisingly fun. I still maintain that it is the most challenging job I've ever done. There are so many small details that you have to get exactly right in a fast-paced environment but the staff and management was good and easy to work with. Salary is what you would expect from fast-food but the flexible schedule is perfect for students or anyone looking for part-time work
Fun work environment ONLY if coworkers are nice
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB14 July 2016
The pay is horrible for the amount of work you are expected to do, and it's nearly impossible to get a raise or advance your career here. The team members and management vary depending on the location but most locations are very rude. At my location the team members were alright and management was understanding at times, but not always. The company itself is horrible.
Environment is very stressful and expectations are ridiculous! You get paid minimum wage for a large and excessive amount of work and stress. The staff discount is horrible and they don't put a single ounce of trust in their employees, basically treating them like criminals.
Pros
Flexible work hours if you don't make anyone mad
Cons
The pay versus the expectations, anount of work
a awesome job
Cashier/Storefront (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON31 December 2016
my typical day at work was just helping the customers get their orders correctly... i learned alot about team work, the management was alright most days... my co workers were a blast to work with .... the hardest part of the job was smellung the baked goods the most enjoyable part was supporting my family
Pros
free coffee
Cons
no benefits
Superviseur (Former Employee) –  Brossard, QC23 August 2016
Its an enriching experience to work in Tim Horton since i have done multi tasks and good customer service. I am energetic and motivated and hard worker,positive attitude.All these qualities boost up my days at work.
A typical day at work is Friday where we have the car show where i have to run to meet my targets,satisfy my customer is my priority and work in a team spirit so that we clear the rush.Its a non stop sometimes but the good part is we accomplish great sales,most of the products are sold and we replenish its a positive stress environment because at the end ,I am happy and proud that i have deliver a good service up to the end.
The hardest part of the job, when we are short of staff,I always got more workload.
I had tips with my regular customers,very nice people who appreciate my service and I was so happy to see them each day.
Pros
a cup of coffee free
Cons
the salary is low
Good enviroment workplace
Store manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 October 2016
Job Description / Duties and Responsibilities

Handling guest complaints
Manages sales and control product cost and operating expenses to ensure profitability.
Obeying and implementing company rules and regulations.
Lead the team through my shift with a positive attitude.
Act as a role model for exceptional guest service.
Guiding my towards to success.
Making sure that all the team members are productive.
Making sure that quality and cleanliness are achieved.
Pros
Benefits, flexible hours
Busy enviornment
Tim Hortons Team Member (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON20 December 2016
Not very good with raises and advancements. But good for planning with your schedule. and working around it. Good friends and good culture. Discount on food items. Day goes by fast and hours are always there if you want them. altho they can sometimes cut them
Difficult environment for extended employment
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON23 January 2017
Team members and management were difficult to deal with on a daily basis. No real ability for job advancement unless willing to take on additional responsibilities with no compensation.
Fun workplace but not good enough salary.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 November 2016
fun work place, but the salary is a bit less. i learn to have a good customer service how to communicate with people, and be professional, management is really nice, the hard part is when customers are rude. most enjoyable part is serving and make the community happy.
Pros
50% discount for food, full time hours
Cons
rude customers sometimes
productive and friendly
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 January 2017
Good experience,
- learn a lot like ordering, inventory, manage staff and making schedule.
- Hardest part was accomplishing all favours for staff for drastical changes for shifts.
- What I enjoy throughout my work is my dedication to my job responsibilities and get fulfilled in any condition.
Pros
learns to manage staff
Cons
less salary compare to efforts