Tim Hortons Employee Reviews in Canada

Found 5,015 reviews matching the search
Fun place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  St. Thomas, ONJune 25, 2016
Tim Hortons was a fun and fast paced place to work. You were kept busy throughout your shift all while having a good time with co-workers. It's a very friendly establishment.
Fun work place friendly atmosphere
team member (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BCJune 25, 2016
It was great time with co workers, multitasking team work everything
was good. staff was well disciplned and friendly with customers.
Pros
FREE FOOD
Cons
LONG HOURS
okay place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONJune 24, 2016
Good company to work for at times, there were moments where it was good and others when it was bad. greatful for every opportunity bt would not work in this again.
Great place with great staff.
Storefront Team Member (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONJune 23, 2016
I enjoyed working at Tim Hortons, the job was easy- the staff were friendly, and it was a good time being there.
The time went by very quickly in a shift, and our store owners allowed use to eat and drink whatever we would like for lunch, and enjoy free beverages throughout our shift.
You make a lot of great friends within the staff but also the customers, regular customers who you look forward to see come in.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Crazy customers
Chaotic from mid morning to 2 pm but fun at the same time
Tim Hortons Team Member (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 23, 2016
Typical day at work consist of fun or bad days. You may start of your day smoothly or early in the morning, bad luck just wants to play with you. However, I managed to acquire the skill on a fast paced environment. Also, the management is great but some of my co-workers show examples that are not ideal to a costumer. For me, the toughest job is during washroom duty, especially when individuals are inconsiderate of other people. Some scatters toilet papers on the floor, unflushed toilets, and overflowing/clog urinal. In addition, it's hard to clean the washroom area whenever there is someone's dirt because there is no masks, it is very difficult to go inside and inhale.
The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing people happy because you served them according to their wishes. It feels like you're their food guru.
Pros
Free coffees and snacks
Cons
Some of your co-workers or costumers bringing bad vibes
fun and fast pace
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Grand Bay, NBJune 23, 2016
Customers always come first. I would like to keep busy in between serving and perparing food. Cleaning is a big thing for me and i liked to keep everything as clean as i could. Some days were busier then others but it was still pretty busy, you never stop going. You did have your bad days when everyone seemed to be at your back or customers being very difficult but i always tried my best to make everyones life easier and make the public happy. There will always be that one costumer or that one co-worker. But at the end of the day i always went home happy knowing i served the people what they wanted and did it was a big smile. i love my job.
Pros
people you meet and the friends you will make
Cons
difficult costumers
Food counter Attendant
Food Counter SUPERVISOR / Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 23, 2016
I am thankful for this company Tim Hortons because this company gave me and my family a chance to live in Canada.
Easy job but many bad experiences
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCJune 22, 2016
It very busy but the day goes by really fast which is good. It is hard at first but it gets easier after a couple of months.The management is disorganized and blames its employees for things that they should not held responsible for. My co-workers make the job amusing. The customers often mistreat the employees.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
bad customers, no benefits
Rude
Part Time Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 22, 2016
Customers were really rude and hard to deal with as many did not have any manners. Overall i learned to cop with customers more.
Pros
Employess
Cons
customers
is a great job for someone's first job, or part time while going to school
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  New Minas, NSJune 22, 2016
was my very first job, I enjoyed it, but isn't a job for someone who has a family to support, great 1st job for someone in school, or just trying to make a little extra money
Pros
flexible work schedule
Cons
unsure
Review of Tim Hortons
Tim Hortons Team Member (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ONJune 22, 2016
Working at Tim Hortons taught me to work under pressure, complete all tasks swiftly and efficiently and I have learned how to talk to customers, promote combos or deals and I learned to always give my 110% effort every shift. I learned to communicate with everyone on my shift and everyone I worked with I would work well with. This also taught me how to be a leader and take initiative when it's a slow night I was always cleaning, stocking and looking for ways to improve the store.
nothing to say about that job
Baker (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCJune 22, 2016
you are always in a rush. that job is good for students.
i learned how to make some donut and how to satisfy customers who always need more.
all my co worker are nice and every body always smile.
the hardest part of the job is manage the rush for two stores at the same time.
Supervison
Customer Service Representative/ Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 22, 2016
Supervising the team with the responsibility of cash in and out flows. Responsible of handling the store and making the customer service as best as possible.
tim hortons
Time management (Current Employee) –  Selkirk, MBJune 21, 2016
I enjoyed working in a fun environment, learning new skills like handling money. Problem solving, and time management
Pros
good management
Cons
hostile
Fast paced
Counter Attendant (Current Employee) –  Martensville, SKJune 21, 2016
I learned to work independently, to be more passionate and dedicated. I developed my customer service skills and multi-tasking.
Pros
discounted foods
Cons
authoritarian
Great people
Tim Hortons Team Member (Current Employee) –  Timmins, ONJune 20, 2016
Love the flexibility of this job and the people here as well. People think making coffee is easy but it's not just making coffee!
After work doing the exercise 1hour.
Assitant Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 20, 2016
Tim Horton is best company for Canada. When Tim member get the benefit saved life. Make a happiness with family. I want to daily 8hour working. I was working Tim Horton more than 7years. When I was start night shift and after 1year doing Store Front. After 2year improved Supervisor. My co-worker and Store Manager is very good.
I'm doing cash balance and TDL order. support store front, back of the house.
Pros
free mill
Cons
8-9hour
Tim Horton's
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONJune 20, 2016
A Typical day working at Tim Hortons was there was a lot of tasks to focus on at hand. I learnt how to properly use the cashier and how to work with my team affectively. I also learnt how to make the merchandise that was being sold. The management at Tim Horton's was on ball with there employees and made sure that the employees were on top of there day to day jobs. Although when working at Tim Horton's the hardest part of the job was the drive through and keeping the time down. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the number of different customers and remembering the frequent customers orders before the came up to the counter.
Pros
great team members, great manager
Cons
long distance
A Great Environment
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSJune 20, 2016
I spent the better part of two summers at Tims and it honestly could have been better, the management was great , my coworkers friendly and the owners super helpful and willing to listen to any problems. The most enjoyable part of working at Tims was probably talking to the customers and learning regular's orders.
2 Years at Tim Hortons
Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJune 20, 2016
Working at Tim Hortons as your first job is a lot to take in but once you get the hang of it, you get to meet amazing regular customers, have deep bonds with co-workers, and learn a lot about serving customers especially related to restaurant or fast-food topics.
Pros
Understandable & Humble Customers.
Cons
Ignorant & Rude Customers.