Tim Hortons Pay & Benefits reviews

Difficult for People with Mental Disabilities
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC18 January 2018
Timmy's is a great place for people who learn quickly and have a photogenic memory with cash systems.

The hassle comes for people who learn differently; many employees teach every new worker the same way and this becomes diffucult for people who learn slower or differently. Not everyone with a learning dissability will have problems, but those who need extra time and days to grasp new information with the stress of improving with peer pressure, it is very difficult. It is doable if it hours are short as it can be overwhelmbing for HSP's and sensitive people.

Other than that, great for fast learners.
Pros
Free Original Blend Coffee
Cons
No Disability Benefits + Poor Training
Busy workplace
Baker and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Airdrie, AB17 January 2018
I learned how to focus on my job and be respectful to costumers. And how to manage time so I can finish my work on time and pay attention on what is needed.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Low Rate
Fun and lively work place but stressful at times.
Cashier/Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Golden, BC16 January 2018
I loved the atmosphere and co workers. The job does become very stressful during rush hours other than that it’s very relaxed. I have a very busy schedule and they were very flexible with my work hours.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
On your feet all day
TimHortons
Order Taker, Store Front (Former Employee) –  Vegreville, AB15 January 2018
Manager and Owner were very pleasant people to work for.
Excellent pay and benefits for full time workers.
Supervisors were always there so I knew where to be when I started my shift. and for the most part the stress near the busiest hours of the day was maintained to a minimum as much as it could be.
There were very nice people who lived near the area so I was in the company of pretty happy customers.
Pros
Excellent pay and benefits for full time employees as well as nice customers and staff
Cons
Drivethrough times are very extreme, some times Management and Staff are unable to take breaks depending on the location
Good work/life balance, Not a good work enviroment
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON13 January 2018
I enjoyed Tim Hortons because it was a part-time job and nothing more. I would go to work, do my job, do it well, and then go home and not have to worry about it until the next time I had to work. The work environment was stressful at times and co-workers could be rude/disrespectful.
Pros
Free donuts/coffee, work/life seperation
Cons
Co-workers sometimes rude
fast-pace
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Leduc, AB12 January 2018
Tim Hortons is a popular local restaurant, very busy all the time. Expect fast-pace and work under-pressure. You need to be able to stand long hours, be a good listener and have a sense of urgency. The food discount and employees diversity are some of the pros. Unpaid breaks and stress during rush hours are cons.
Pros
food discount, diverse
Cons
unpaid break, long standing hours
Good work environment
Customer Service and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 January 2018
Likes working with others, and enjoyed the customers, especially regulars which you see daily. Pay was good. Hours were good. Always busy with something to do.
Pros
Good work environment.
Cons
Did not like one of the supervisors.
Good place to work for cash, Not a career
Midnight, full time temp positon (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON10 January 2018
I did a lot of things compared to some jobs, as a midnight worker. the raise was okay. they only have two workers through 9pm-6am. which was fine for most of the time but more workers were needed at 4;30 am since its the start of the rush. and three workers were just making it. no more workers came until 6am but they needed to come sooner. just needs better planning with shifts. training was relaxed, and nice. but at this chain, they had strict break rules. no phones.
Pros
free breakfast
Cons
Good workplace. Not enough help.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON10 January 2018
It was a decent job to work. I worked a variance of days and afternoons. It worked well with my schedule. The benefits were great. I learned about all the equipment and learned how to maintain and clean all equipment. I learned how to do food safety and leaned banking for the company as well.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Too much drama
My experience
Store Front (Former Employee) –  Temiskaming Shores, ON10 January 2018
There was ups and downs on working at Tim Hortons. On a good day i would be happy and full of positive energy. The bad days is when supervisors would continuously bully me at the workplace. Then my anxiety would get so bad I would have melt downs in the bathroom.
Pros
The free unlimited tea was nice. Helped calm me
Cons
Workplace bullying
Honestly, pick something else
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON10 January 2018
They treat you like a mindless drone, or a number that doesn't matter. I was working 20+ per day and still couldn't get a promotion or even a raise. They expected me to skip school to come into work and would write me up when I said no.
Pros
Cons
everything
fun job
efficient and accurate customer service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 January 2018
the work was very fast paced and lots of work, but it was fun and the customers where great and the staff was fun as well. there was room for advancement.
Pros
discounted lunch free drinks
Cons
very busy low pay
friendly environment
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 January 2018
easy to work with. excellent co-workers. This was a wonderful learning experience for me. Great people to work for and with,flexible hours and lots of room for advancement. great customers to interact with.It was a very busy spot to work, we had some bad customers but that came with morning rushes, can't fault some of them.
Happy to have tried it out for myself. It is a well managed and professionally operated workplace. I have very satisfied with this job profile, because this is a respectful and well paid job.
Pros
free food
Good workplace
Baker (Former Employee) –  Kenora, ON9 January 2018
I enjoyed working there and the staff were friendly enough and tolerable. The hours were more than sufficient and the hourly pay is more than enough. I would work there again.
Good
Cashier (Former Employee) –  St. Paul, AB8 January 2018
It was an easy job but Not exactly my cup of tea, I'd be more comfortable behind a desk. Even though the staff was great and the customer care as well, it just wasn't for me
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Low pay
Not bad.
Team Member / Cashier (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON7 January 2018
The job itself is very easy. There is always something to do. Always kept busy. Training is very good. Management is hit and miss as is co-workers. Flexible hours.
Johiu
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Port Colborne, ON7 January 2018
Our benefits got taken away due to wage increase, but the staff is great. customer always comes first and you always have to come to work smiling even when you cant
Pros
ojoli
Cons
olihiugh
some what productive
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Coldbrook, NS6 January 2018
the management was alright but i did not get enough hours. sometimes everyone would act as a family but some days it would be like a jungle. not my favorite job
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Not enough hours
Good place to work if you like being berated
baker (Former Employee) –  Komoka, ON6 January 2018
Liked the job itself. Some Management and owner were absolutely horrible.Publicly put down and raised voice at employees in from of co workers and customer. Very unprofessional
friendly
Storefront and Trainer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 January 2018
one will not get salary increase, even if they are increasing the salary, it will be increased by 2 cents, may be after 5 years. I recommend one not to stay there in their life.
Pros
50 percent off food
Cons
long standing hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tim Hortons. Our community is ready to answer.